UI and Macro

Aug 1, 2012 Hunter's Mark + Serpent Sting Hey, I wanna make this simple macro but Im not getting it. Anyone knows how to do it? Ty!Boneco2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 SWTOR style GCD animation for buttons? Anyone know an addon for this? So the GCDs on your buttons (and CDs) will go down from the top to the bottom instead of doing the clockwise motion? Just a bit easier on the eyes if all the buttons look like one line instead of the rotation animation.Sharuid7 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 F FF #showicon #showtooltip /cast [nostance][stance:2/4/5/6] Faerie Fire; [stance:1/3] Faerie Fire (Feral)() someone turn that into a focus macro?Welda4 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Power Auras Text Animation Hey, I'm jus looking for what is possibly a very simple answer tho I've been sitting here forever trying to figure it out. What I'm trying to do is set up my power auras for my shadow priest to show text on the procs of my trinkets and such but have them fade out or something similar toward the end of the duration. for example: Volcanic Destruction procs... my power auras would have the text "1600" show up above my player.. with around 5 seconds left it would fade out to nothing at the end of the duration. I also wouldnt mind if at all possible to make text fade from the beginning of the proc to the end in one continuous fade being brightest when it procs and gone when it ends. so far ive only managed for it to fade in and out during the whole duration and is not the desired animation. All in all i want the text to show its duration without setting up a timer. i want the text itself to warn me of low time left. Thanks for all the help guys!!Omnisham2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Tundra mammoth macro I'm sure I've seen it before, but I'm pretty burnt out right now and don't want to think, hence my reason for splurging on the mammoth just now anyway. I want to mount the mammoth if I'm not mounted. If I am mounted, left click ejects passenger 1, and right click ejects passenger 2.Rubyheart2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 UI question and problem Hello, I was wondering if there is an option to show your target's target and how to enable it. Also, I just noticed during arenas that it is not showing the enemy team's health, class, and such on the right of the screen like it should be. Anyone know why it is doing this?Zazzo3 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 LF someone who knows their way around ElvUI! So recently I've updated my ElvUI to it's most current version, so I'm looking for someone who has done the same, the concern I have regards the buff timers on you, and the debuff timers on targets (DoTs and what not) Before the update, they used to be more like a bar, that would start on the right side, and slowly push to the left as the DoT ran it's course, this also applied to buffs on me, specifically Improved Soulfire, and for any destro locks reading this thread they know how crucial that buff is to our DPS :P But after the update, the debuffs and buffs have turned into, like little squares above the targets frame that rotate clockwise as the DoT runs it's course, and I'm not as fond of this, does anyone know how to get it back to the bars? I may have explained it poorly but I'm hoping someone knows what I'm talking about! :D All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys <3Gaunik3 Aug 1, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Focus/Mouseover Macro help I am trying to add a focus modifier to my mouseover macro that will cast Riptide(or other spells) based on the following priority: Heal focused target if SHIFT is held, and can be healed Heal mouseover target if they can be healed Heal target if they can be healed Heal myself if none of the above is true Everything is working fine, except for the Focus target healing. Holding down SHIFT is having no effect whatsoever. I have tried moving mod:shift, before @focus, and even after nodead but that doesn't have any affect either. Hear is my current macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated. #showtooltip /cast [@focus,mod:shift,help,nodead][@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] RiptideJhureki12 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Please Help! Remapping mouse for mac I have a Logitech m510. Its just a simple mouse with 5 buttons. I wanted to remap/configure the two extra buttons to shift and control(or alt) for keybinding. I downloaded the software from the logitech website and i only saw two things thats came close to what i needed. A setting were it changed the button to a keystroke, but this didn't include buttons like shift control alt or command. Then there was another setting called modifier but it only modified your mouse click not like how i wanted it to work. I wanted it to modify my keyboard clicks so i can have my skill bar go 1 2 3 4 5 6 s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 s6. If anyone can help me remap my two extra buttons to shift and control that would be very helpful.Kiråh4 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 how do I turn magic effects down? Not sure if this is the right forum. Lately in groups there is so much magic going off that I cant see which is my target in a crowd. Is there a setting recommendable to turn the effects graphics down a bit? edit: nm found particle density pulldown. Just hadnt looked far enough.Indrik0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Best Warrior Macro's? Hey, would anyone like to share some good leveling macro's for a warrior? My spec is Fury, but I'm also looking for some basic warrior macros. ;) Thanks.Reversyn2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 LF PVP ADDONS! Hello all! I am looking for a couple of display addons mainly aimed towards PvP. I am mainly after ones that do some of the following: 1. one that would dispaly when i am entering and leaving combat 2. one that alerts me when enemies have used both ofensive and defensive CD's, also keep track of their timers 3. a good ui frame that shows me health and effects (including CC and CD's) of both team and enemy team. 4. also any other good addons! especially for hunter!Ninjata8 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Macro Help I need some help from the macro gods ! I would like to create a mouse over macro where I can drop Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope at the same time. Not sure if it's possible but if someone could post the macro for this would be much Appreciated ! Thank you.Whiteorb5 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Need help making simple macro If this was another game it would be #suppressmacrofailures /cast Lava Burst /cast Lightning Bolt If lava burst fails to cast, then it will move straight to the next command in the list. How do I do this?Ultann2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Recount keeps getting corrupted Ive had recount for years but ever since about a week ago it has been having issues. It keeps getting corrupted and prevents me from loading my characters. Everytime i delete it, the game can load properly but if i reinstall it, it just wont load. I dont know whats wrong with it, maybe i have some permanent data from it lingering somewhere that i need to delete, but the bottom line is my recount is broken and i cant even reinstall it to get it to work properly.Ebbay3 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Auto need addon Is there an addon that automatically rolls need on anything that you can need on?Jorgen1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Looking for a smoother Macro. This is my current macro. /castsequence [stance:2]Revenge; [stance:3, combat,nomod] reset=6 Raging Blow, Hamstring /cast [stance:1]Charge; [stance:2,noharm]Intervene; [stance:3, combat][mod]Intercept /cast [stance:1]Berserker Stance; [stance:3, nocombat, nomod]Battle Stance It works perfect except for switching between Berserker Stance and Battle Stance. If my target moves just outside the range of my charge, I'll switch to Berserker too soon instead of charging. I tried adding a [combat] condition to my /cast [stance:1]Berserker Stance but then I have to spam my macro twice to switch to Berserker. Just wondering if someone has a better fix for it.Tarashay1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Evil macro I'm trying to make a macro that does something, that forum regulars should see right off the bat. However, it's not working correctly. Here's what I have so far: /run if GetUnitName(player) = "Rubyheart" then print("works") else print(UnitName(player)) end The error I'm getting is saying 'then' is expected near '=' but it's there. What I want to do eventually is this: /run if GetUnitName(player) = "Rubyheart" then print("Hello!") else ForceQuit() end /cackleRubyheart2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Addon that Saves Keybindings So I want to go Disc because I'm bored, but I'm going to have to re keybind from Shadow for targeting arena 1 2 3 for dispels and what not. Anyone know of an addon that can save my Shadow keybindings as well as Disc so it's not a lot of rebinding?Efx1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 How do I disable numpad directional buttons? I have my numpad set for mount keybinds, and numlock for autorun. However, every time I toggle numlock, it turns my numpad into a third set of directional buttons, and I have to hit numlock again to get my mount keybinds back. How do I disable this feature?Zen8 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Addon dump come MoP? Hey guys. I'm still a bit new to this whole expansion thing, I came in at the very tail end of Wrath, and wasn't really into raiding or addons at the time, all the work I've done in that department has come post-cata release. I was just wondering how addons work with a new expansion? Am I going to need to reset everything up, redownload everything, so on? Or will most of the components remain the same, with things like recount bugging out a little then smoothing a few days after launch? Addons currently utilized: Recount Masque X-Perl Dominos Sexymap Viewporter IceHud EnergyWatch Reborn Gathermate2 Auctionator Postal NeedtoKnow DBM Raidachieve Mikes Scrolling Battletext AutoRepair Bagnon Crapaway Prospect Quartz Satrina Buff Frames Thanks!Dkfeever7 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 DMB issues HI! I hope this is the right forum for this post, everytime I run a 25man raid I have to disable dmb cuase it lags and can freeze up WoW. Most times Im just running with friends from different servers, do you think that can be the problem? Today a friend from trollbane and myself were in Sunwell Plateau and I couldnt hardly move, most times I was just standing there, I could hear what was going on but thats it and thats how all the other ones that Ive been in are like unless I disable dbm.Thoughts?Moiraine4 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Macro mod "no mod" question I have this macro made: #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift,stance:1]Hamstring(Battle, Berserker Stance); [mod:shift,stance:2] Disarm(Defensive Stance); Pummel /cast Retaliation I would like Retaliation but only when I use Pummel, which doesn't have a modified button push (IE no shift, ctrl, etc) So I'm thinking something like this for the last line: /cast [nomod] Retaliation Is this possible?Daddie1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Macro to target & hop in as mounted passenger Hey, so I got a mount that has a passenger slot. My friend and I play AV a lot and as I am a tank and my friend is a healer and we stick together, so we are trying to create a macro for my friend that would: ~ Target me ~ have him hop into my extra seat on my mount I haven't had success, and I've tried looking online at macro guides, etc with no success. I am thinking would look something like this (with "J" as the button binded to "Interact with target"): /Tar Daddie /click J Is there some way we could do this?Daddie2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Hand of Protection Removal Macro on Modifier I'm trying to create a macro that can both activate and deactivate Hand of Protection but I don't know how to get it to work. This is what I have so far: #showtooltip /cancelaura {modifier:shift] Hand of Protection /cast Hand of Protection It activates the buff but it wont deactivate with shift + button or through any other method unless of course I click off the buff manually. Anyone got any ideas? The guides I've found don't seem to have any idea how to fix this.Xöxaa2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Addon to notify specific quest reward I would like to create an addon to notify the player of a specific quest reward based on a list that has been given to it. This would be used for transmogrify set reward items so that the player known to pick them up and save them instead of just missing them. I have already done this and would rather not have this happen again (missed out on the Shy-Rotam's Armor set :/) I would think it would be a simple work up to just load on event of passing in a quest and having to select a reward. It would either just glow the border, put a dot, play a sound, print on screen, ANYTHING to notify the player "HEY this item you wanna grab and save!" How would someone go about doing this with no knowledge of LUA/XML? Perhaps even a good resource to learn LUA/XMLKittenwizard6 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 need a simple macro for my hunter i need a macro to use hunters mark then arcane shot and then serpant sting ty 4 the helpBrecken1 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 SetBinding list After you bind something via SetBindingMacro or SetBindingSpell, is there a way to print out what the bindings are without resorting to an addon? Like a list printout?Sedivy3 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Looking for x-perl replacement X-perl's support has been spotty for a long time, and I have doubts that a compatible version will be ready for 5.0. Therefore, I'm interested in finding some other UI mod that has similar functionality. Here's the minimum of what I'm looking for: - Shows my buffs and debuffs on a target more prominently (bigger) than other buffs and debuffs - Has a range finder to show clearly which raid members are in range of my healing spells - Has a movable frame for the target of my target - Shows clearly what class my target is if I target another player - Shows my Eclipse bar I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.Ziinaya2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 [Macro Savy Person Needed!] So I need a macro for my hunter and this rogue, the first thing I need is something like this for my hunter: My hunter is MM/BM but the problem is in PVP whenever I want to kite I generally stack Focus and to a lot of damage output so this is a macro I need: Whenever im using Aimed Shot or Chimaera Shot I want to automatically be put into Aspect of the Hawk and whenever I use Steady Shot or Cobra Shot I want to automatically be put into Aspect of the Fox without clearing the Aspect Buff. And for my rogue: I hope to soon get the Main Hand Warglaive of Azzinoth but right now im stuck with Crux, so this is a macro I need, Whenever I use Hemorhage, Ambush, Eviscerate, I want to equip the Main Hand Warglaive of Azzinoth, and whenever I use Backstab, I want to use the Crux. Thank you!! :D EDIT: Oh I forgot Killshot I want Aspect of the Hawk too, Sorry :pShetou2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 ExtraActionButton1 + Modifier Macro Is there any way to add /click ExtraActionButton1 to a modifier within a macro? #showtooltip [mod:shift] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [mod:alt] ExtraActionButton1; Rejuvenation /use [mod:shift] Cat Form(Shapeshift) /click [mod:alt] ExtraActionButton1 /use [@mouseover,exists] Rejuvenation; [@player] Rejuvenation This is how I'm currently writing it, and testing on Ultraxion Heroic Will is not used when the alt modifier is held down. The key I'm using is also not bound to anything else (focus cast, self cast, etc). Thanks!Hiko1 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 ArkiveUI is about to kick the bucket. I've been using ArkiveUI for the majority of Cataclysm and the author gave up development almost a year ago. I've kept it going like a half-dead horse for all this time and with MoP on the Horizon I know the release will be the final blow to my UI. So, I come to you guys with question. What could you recommend as a replacement for Arkive? I've seen UItat, and I may use it, but I want to see some other options if possible. Ol' Arkive: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7877-ArkiveUI.html Thanks for your time, Av.Avdaedric3 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 ElvUI help So, I'd love to use ElvUI, but there's one thing missing in it. You know the backgrounds, from the LFR pictures of Deathwing, to the parchment looking background on quests? Well, with ElvUI it's not there; there's nothing but black. Does anyone know how to fix this?Alorena1 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Really good macro for elemental Mastery? I just want it to where I can tap it once it will activate elemental mastery, then tapping it while its on cooldown will make it cast the next spell available (lava burst), (Similar to how rift macros work)Ultann1 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Mouse/keyboard movement with fixed camera ? My father-in-law would like to play WoW but the camera whipping around when he moves makes him motion-sick within minutes. He plays Diablo quite a bit, and I was sure there was a setting that could make the camera behave that way -- viewing you from a fixed angle, not moving every time your character changed direction -- which doesn't make him sick. Using click-to-move with "Never adjust camera" works, but that's click to move. Is there a way to set it up to not move when running around with WASD? (You'd think going into camera settings for "never adjust camera" would do it, but no.) Of course being a keyboard turner is its own problem, but he'd be a very casual player, just soloing or playing with a few IRL friends. His bad play habits wouldn't be inflicted on groups. (I'm also open to suggestions on better forums to ask this in.)Waudge2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 New Keybinder Moved topic to General Discussion.Sagax0 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Aspect of the fox macro! Oki doki, so im after a macro that will put me into aspect of the fox whenever i try and use steady shot, however im aftera modifier that will keep me or put me into aspect of the hawk if i press steady shot while holding down shift. This is what i have so far: #showtooltip steady shot /castsequence reset=1 [mod:Shift] !Aspect of the Fox, null /cast Steady Shot ; /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the hawk, null /cast steady shotNinjata5 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Need help with Combat Log Filtering! Hey guys, I enjoy browsing the combat log without addons to check spell ticks, hits, crits, etc. I've tried to filter out all the stuff that makes it scroll too quickly and makes reading it easier at a glance. The one thing I cannot seem to filter out is when a Player nearby me "Creates" something. (Please see the image linked below). I'm looking for settings to filter out these messages! http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6079/combatlogfiltering.jpg Also, I'm aware these won't appear in actually instanced combat, however I use the combat log most in the city on training dummies and my logs are constantly invaded by these superfluous messages. ThanksManiakra2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Macro mutilate + feint to the same button? Now, for a rogue mutilate is our constant spam button, but how would I create a macro that would make feint go off whenever it comes off cooldown? #showtooltip /startattack /cast Mutilate /cast Feint Works once, but then feint wont be used a second time.Sphinctus2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 So, about /startattack I'm using /startattack in macros for any abilities that don't automatically target the closest enemy and attack. Like Plague Strike will automatically hit the nearest enemy when my last one just died, but Blood Boil won't. One thing I'm finding is that /startattack sometimes tries to target a mob way behind the one that's smashing me in the face. Which is a problem when it's a ranged ability, since I wind up pulling an entirely different group. What's up with that?Baksh9 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Blizzard UI made me disable Power Auras I was questing and sometimes on the side where objectives show up a hot key shows up for certain quest items to be used during a quest...well I clicked on one during a quest and it made me disable Power Aura's...said something like it interferes or isn't compatible...how do I re-enable Power Aura's? I already tried uninstalling and re installing Power Auras When I type in /powa it does nothingCycra2 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 What UI is this? What are they using here? Mainly unit frames, buffs, map, action bars etc.Rendoras2 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 party1 target + spell modifier. #Showtooltip mind spike /cast [target=party1target, modifier:shift] Mind Blast; Mind Spike Hi all the above is what I currently have and im pretty sure its completely wrong for what I want to do. Bassically, I want a macro that will mind spike or mind blast party1's target using shift as the modifier on what spell is used. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Tawzz3 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 soulstone mouseover have i done this right? #showtooltip Create Soulstone /cast [target=mouseover,exists] [] Create Soulstone also are you able to create a macro to make ur pets attack your current target when you switch and cast a filler or your dots etc.ßß4 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Weapon switch with a modifer Hi guys I'm trying to find some macro help I had a idea not sure if its even possible. I did a search to no avail, i even tried wow-wiki and arena junkies. What i am looking for is to build a Weapon swap for my Main hand in to Hemorrhage. it would be like this I have hemo bound to 2 i would like alt to swap to my Nokald, and Ctrl to swap back to my Golad. I use elv ui's built in bag mod so i have no idea what slots they are in. any help would be much appreciated.Exid5 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 weapon swap macros For fishing poles, staffs, swords and main hand +offhand. ETC This disappoints me that there seems to be no single comprehensive forum dedicated to this topic. They appear to be scattered among the warriors & paladins weapon swap topics, which only involve swapping shields for 2h swords by name, gear set and stuff you do not understand if you do not devote your life to it. What I (and everyone else) am looking for is simple macro list that includes, but is not limited to, doing the following: Swapping from Main hand +off hand to a 2H. I.e. staff, fishing pole etc and back. A one and/or two button macro for the aforementioned, for fishing. Automatically swapping from fishing pole to weapons when mounting. One that does not use gear sets and one that does. That seems to be all that I can think of for now, please feel free to have a field day on this. THANKS!! +_+ =D Cognuel18 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Need help identifying addon - HELP! Hey all, basically my addons got deleted out of no where so I need to go re download them but I can't remember what the addon was called that I used for my rogues combo points. It basically just shows the combo points in colored numbers right at the top of my action bar as you can see in this link below. Any help is appreciated! http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/567/combopoint.jpg -GraycenGraycen3 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Holy Trinity Addon Help I've been looking for add ons to display holy power over the past few days and I've been having a whole lot of trouble doing something that should be simple. Recently I picked up the HolyTrinity addon. However I can't get the actual holy power bars to appear and I'm not sure why. I've been configuring for over an hour now and I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please don't suggest another add on. Chances are I've already tried it.Xöxaa0 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Help with Macro Not a pro with these kinds of Macros. Can somebody please add to this so I can post/spam trade? Thanks Much Dueling Tournament: Aug 3 @11PM ST Fungal Deeps (Deepholm) Free Entry Payout: 1st-10K 2nd-5K 3rd-2.5K Double Elimination No Tank Specs (Feral OK)No Healers. Mail name of Toons to Mythorfir. Bracket Avail FriMythorfir2 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 GuildInvite() Is GuildInvite a protected function now? I have an addon that makes use of this function and it worked for a long time but recently, it's been throwing taint errors and I can't figure out why. (And no, the addon doesn't spam guild invites. It simply makes it possible for someone to easily get themselves invited to my guild)Zerð7 Jul 28, 2012