UI and Macro

Oct 19, 2012 Macros Creation I dont know how to make any kind of macros. But I want to know how to make a guild advertisement macros. The only priblem is that I dont know the format for doing it. Can someone plz help???? Thanks!!!!Scourgelord2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Is there a macro that will do this? it will equip an item(item1) right before you cast a spell(spellx) and then another item(item2) right after. the underlined part can be achieved by /equip item1 /cast spellx I used itemrack to do the italic part by creating an event that will equip item2 when spellx is successfully cast, but it seems that this doesn't work anymore. please help!Oshrek15 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Paging between action bar 1 and 2 Many moons ago I set up on Dominos to tab between action bars 1&2 when I hit Tab. However I have recently swapped to Elv UI and while the action paging still works on my main on newly created characters it seems not to work. So I am wondering if there is any way to allow Elv/base to page between only two pages.Bragg0 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Name of this macro? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm7dKMD1_nY&playnext=1 Middle right of screen, the one that tracks your buffsRainey6 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Hunters mark with Misdirect macro I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the following macro is working the way I want. It appears to be doing just fine. I combined 2 different macros in to one. Is there a shorter way to write this? What it is, is a mouseover target macro that will apply hunters mark and at the same time send the pet in to attack (unless modifer, then will just apply hunters mark) and also cast misdirection on my focus target, OR my pet if have no focus. #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /target [target=mouseover,harm][target=target,harm][target=pettarget,exists] /petattack [harm,nomodifier] /cast [harm] Hunter's Mark /cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection thank you in advance.Diaganta1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Someone else's email with UI I've been downloading these packs of UI from wowinterface when i get down installing them and try logging in their email is there with 10 WoW1 and ect what does this mean and how can i fix it so i can use itCrudak2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Bartender4 Question Hello all, I'm having an issue with Bartender4 and the Dual Spec addon for it. I'm on a Macbook Pro 2010 13''. I'm dual specced Enhance and Resto, resto being my main spec. I set up a similar interface for both specs, along with specific keybindings for both, that I wrote down in case something went wrong. With the Dual Spec profiles, my "resto" profile is Niwnamahs-Drak'thul and my "enhance" profile is Niwnamahs-Enhance. My Enhance one is working fine with keybinds and UI. However, when I respec to Resto and switch over to the other profile, the UI is there but the key binds are all messed up. So here's my question: how do I ensure that I have different keybindings for either spec through Bartender4? Thanks a lot.Niwnamahs1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Using someone elses email thru UI I've been downloading these packs of UI from wowinterface when i get down installing them and try logging in their email is there with 10 WoW1 and ect what does this mean and how can i fix it so i can use itCrudak4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Keybinding Special Abilities Having trouble piecing together how I can bind those specail abilities that pop up on blizzards pop-up extra action bars. Like for instance: On the quest 'Water, Water Everywhere" where you flying Kung's Kite and water crops,.. I want to bind the bucket, to say Shft-C... how is that done?Loxlove4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Any way to re-talent quickly? Is there some script or macro a person could make to change talents quickly? I normally use silencing shot, but if I have a rogue on my case it's no use at all and I'd like to spec into wyvern sting. Is there any macro, addon or whatever that would allow me to re-talent quickly?Arrowset4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 PvP Add-On that displays enemy CD's Hello all! I've decided to try some pvp this xpac and im just wondering if anyone knows of any addons that display enemy CD's. Im talking about both offensive and defensive. for example an add-on that will tell me when a warr pops his reck or his spell reflect. If you know anything please let me know! Thanks everyone. Best, NekkroticNekkrotic3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Completed Dailies Tracking Addon Hello all, Now in MoP with so many dailies it can be daunting trying to remember which you have completed if you can't sit down in front of the PC until you complete them all. Does anyone know of an addon that tracks this. For example, in the morning I do Golden Lotus dailies and one other faction. Then later that evening I want to do more but can't remember which was the other faction. I care which quest the daily is just which ones I have completed so I don't have to go flying around to all the hubs. I know completed quests can be tracked somehow using a lvling guide. So if isn't an addon that tracks dailies would anyone be willing to make it? Thank you for your time.Liahm1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 issues with addons i run dbm, grid, cooldowncount, shieldsup, and recount and for past week or so i have had dc and high latency issues. i update them regulary yet my problem still exists. when i turn addons off my latency is fine so how can i play with my addonsSallyanne3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Power Auras Alternative Looking for a simple add on that will put a big red circle (or an equivalent) around the bad guy when my colossus smash is active and a different big easy to spot marker around me when I'm enraged. Power Auras used to do this very well. Would love to find something similar updated for MoP.Random2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Display a grid over your screen I remember using a mod that did this to align UIs in the past, and I'm trying to find it again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Acorns1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 WTF Folder Change I've been away from WoW for over a year. My addons I use to had were deleted when I deleted Curse.com. Now that I'm back from SWTOR, I'm having issues finding the right UI or addon for my taste.. I've been checking Wowinterface.com for already made UI. But I'm having issues with these instructions; 1. Backup your Wow and WTF folders. 2. Change the Account name, server name, Character name. Step Two is the issue I'm having trouble with.. What if I have two realms i play on how do you make sure that each one is correct. Any advice please I'm also trying to use http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21616-v-UI.html I just like the feel and displayCrudak3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Cast bar Colors question Simple question: are the default blizzard target cast bars color coded? (ie, color for interrupt-able, color for non-interrupt-able) If so, what colors mean which?Liahona2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Word of Glory mouseover macro. /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Word of Glory; Word of Glory Im having issues with this macro. Just came back to wow last week and this is the same macro i used during Cata. The problem im having is that when i have an enemy player targeted and cast WoG it refuses to cast on myself regardless of where my mouse is. I only encounter this problem when pvping.Zyprex1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Battle Rezz Macro help I wanted to know how/if a macro could be made for the Quilen power "Eternal Guardian" that works basically as a battle rezz, granted by the pet. I am new to macros, if anyone could post how it would be done, that would be great! Thank you In the alternate, is there any easier way to battle rezz someone with your Quilen, other than calling it over to their corpse and highlighting it, then clicking the 'Eternal Guardian' icon on your hotbar?Rhoslyn2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 SUF blocking talent change This is the most annoying !@#$ing bug I've come across. The talent UI component has nothing at all to do with anything SUF changes, so why the hell can't I change talents on the fly with SUF? Or am I completely missing something here. Makes no sense, and It's currently taking me about 25-30 seconds to respec anything. God forbid I accidentally click something wrong and have to do it all over again. Any fixes? Or can someone suggest another addon besides SUF (no X-Perl, I hate X-Perl), which has been pretty problem-laden for the past couple years in my opinion anyways?Moohoo1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Inverted camera mouse functions Hi, I am left handed and own a razer death adder, for the longest time I always used a right handed mouse but in my left hand so I'm used to those fictions. I played wow up until cata before I stopped until mops release. During that time I got used to right clicking etc with left handed functions but in wow I used to use what would be a normal right click to lock the camera and turn my character which is default. But left handed controls reverse it and that makes it uncomfortable and unnatural to play. Long story short I want to reverse only the way the camera works with my mouse but leave my clicking alone. Is there a script I can put in to do this since the keybinds tab does not have this option. Thank you and sorry for confusion, leave a reply and I'll answer please.Binôxcidê14 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Can you make this macro better? #showtooltip /target [@focus] /clearfocus /stopmacro [btn:2] /focus [@target,harm] /cast [mod] Banish; Fear /run SetRaidTarget('target', 3) /targetlasttarget This macro is used to focus my current target, then fear/banish it, depending on whether or not a modifier key is held down. (It also sets the diamond marker on that target) On right click, it will clear the focus target so you can set a new target.Andaendis1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Mat tooltip addon I know there's a ton of addons that can show you how many of an item you have on an alt (or in your bank, or void storage, etc) by clicking on an item link, or mousing over it in your bags/profession pane. However I am looking for something that goes one step further. When I mouseover, etc, a spirit of harmony, I want to know how many motes of harmony I have. With Trillium bars, I want to know how much of each color trillium ore, ghost iron bolts shows how many ghost iron bars, etc. Does something like this exist?Rubyheart5 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Battletag Spam I did a quick search, and I didn't see this mentioned on the first page. But it would be awesome is if after you report a battletag request, that it would automatically decline the request. Nothing major, but it seems simple enough. I believe this is how it works in D3. Cheers.Aeriwen1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 dot tracking addon ive been trying to find a good dot tracking addon for my warlock but havnt had much luck with any of the ones ive tried so far :/ anyone got a reccomendation for a good multi-target dot tracker?Hororscope2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Cooldown Addon I'm currently using SexyCD to track CDs however it's not showing my spell CDs, only my item CDs. Is this a known bug? I have the thing that says track spell cooldowns on and it still won't show me the CDs. Does anyone use anything else for the same function? Cuz I only know of SexyCD.Clothø1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 spartunUI help please i am trying to move my burning embers display (on my destro lock) to a different location...i am using move anything addon..am i doing something wrong? how do i move it? thanks i am also wonder if there is a way to make my spell buttons a little bit bigger? they seem a bit on the smaller sideTeepeez0 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 i really am in need of a new UI i am currently using the default with addons...i'm looking for things like this: -pretty look to it, fairly simple (i struggle with trying to config thing) -just a really well put together UI that has a good design feel to it...i feel the default wow UI is very boring thanks!Teepeez3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Good, lightweight HoT timer? Hi there! I'm wondering what addon would be a good, lightweight HoT timer for Monks. Specifically for renewing mist. Thanks in advance!Sivryal1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Totem Summoning Is there a macro that you can write that allows you to summon four totems simultaneously? I've seen it done a couple of times in shaman pve/pvp videos. I suppose it could also be a certain add-on but I'm not overly familiar with those. Thanks!Cyrick3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 looking for combo point addon looking for a combo point addon with customizable featuresGerklol1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Looking for a buff uptime tracker I'm looking for an addon that might track the uptime of a buff (specifically, the Shield of the Righteous buff) during an encounter. Would anybody know a good way of doing this, or an addon that does this? Looking, hopefully, for something that tells me the % of the fight that it was up for. Thanks!Iraya3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 How to backup saved variables for addons etc? Hi I'm looking to completely re-create my UI by changing some big addons out for others and so on but I would really like to be able to back up my current addon settings and in game settings especially keybinds. What would I need to do in order to do this?Shenanigen6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 [UI] Need help defining addons w/ screenshot So I was watching a couple of streams and noticed that both these people had used the same addons like Skada and Forte, much like I do.. but there's look way better almost as though they had been skinned by something. http://i49.tinypic.com/2j5z49i.jpg the arrows kind of point out what I mean. I have Skada but in no way does it look as nice as that. And my icons do not have those well done black frames around them. I use need to know to track my trinket procs and stuff, but would like them to look like his energized tile bars in the mid-left. (he has his trinket procs go there too) Does anyone know if it's a certain addon that adds these things for you?Jondarbonus1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Stopping a castsequence after the last item? Been searching and can't find an answer to this: Is there a way to prevent a /castsequence from starting over? In other words, I want the macro to do nothing after the last item in the list. (Better, yet, if it could play a sound to indicate "all done.") Essentially, I have some 'start-of-combat' macros that I use when I want to begin an attack, after which I go into my (manual) rotation. For example, when picking a fight with a group of mobs, I'll run something like this: /castsequence reset=combat Magma Totem, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Fire Nova, Feral Spirit, Shamanistic Rage, Stormstrike, Earth Shock After that, though, I switch to fighting manually. What I want is NOT have that macro repeat. I want it to tell me, "OK, all done. Switch to manual, dude." Otherwise I have to keep track of how many times I've hit the key. Is there a way to do that -- to prevent it from cycling? Thanks!Akylax8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Need help with Weak Auras I am making the switch from Power Auras to Weak Auras (PA seems to have a lot of issues right now, very buggy), and I am trying to figure out how to make a texture show the ability texture, rather than a custom 3rd party one. In Power Auras you can just check the "use own texture" option and the aura will use the ability icon. Is there a way to do this with Weak Auras?Incendium3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 XP gained floating above my head after kills how do I remove it or change that font to something else it just looks badSlabbulkhead1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Darkened macros? Anyway to stop a macro from darkening when using a state dependent spell? Such as when a spell changes due to a talent you took (Passive talent) such as Faerie Swarm or when a spell changes due to state. (Twilight Ward -> Fury Ward in Dark Apotheosis)Zakarii8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Totem Timer Help Hi All, Im trying to configure my totem timer addon and i cant see to find the configuration option to disable the following. When one of my totems get destoryed/timer ends/i recall it, an icon of that totem flies from the bottom left to the top right of my screen. Does anyone know how to disable this??? ThanksProcellas0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Background textures, and tiling I'm looking through various resources and can't seem to find it anywhere mentioned on how to fix this: http://i.imgur.com/9S0Ez.jpg?1 (Here's a gallery with the original texture: http://imgur.com/a/dCPJC) You'll notice the texture tiles properly horizontaly, but not vertically, causing this really ugly 'bars' effect whenever the window size is bigger than the texture's vertical height. Is there a way to get WoW to tile the textures in both directions that actually works? (I've tried adding each of the below to the XML and no change was ever noticed. horizTile="true" vertTile="true" and tile="true" Do I just need to have all three of them there for it to work or is it more complicated than that?Andaendis3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Looking for addon I'm looking for an addon that I can use to display a buff or two as a bar, preferably movable. I don't want all my buffs to appear on it, though. Just to track things like Inquisition and Wings. thanks.Bagadin3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 How do I move the special meter thingy For example, how do I move the special meter thingy like in rhyolith... where there's that meter thing that shows you which direction he's going.... how do i move that....Bronies5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Spell current to generic? My goal is: track damage caused by spell. Since there is a lot of troubles (if possible even) to use proper spell ids outside of standard action buttons (something cannot be casted by proper name or id, problem with SetAttribute("spell", id) during combat, "Dark Apotheosis" not a stance and I have no idea how to track spells changed by switching to/out etc) - I can use generic names provided by GetCursorInfo spellId (so far it works, "Shadow Bolt" instead of "Demonic Slash"). To keep things intact according to spell id 686 while I in DA or Meta, but casted spell with "Demonic Slash" id - decided to make table of realId -> generic. So far I found slightly bugged PickupSpellBookItem(slot, bookType) than provides generic spell id as 4-th parameter. local function CacheSpells(bookType, cache2slot) local name, texture, offset, numSpells = GetSpellTabInfo(2) print(name, texture, offset, numSpells) --total = 0 --for j = 1, GetNumSpellTabs() do -- total = total + select(4, GetSpellTabInfo(j)) --end local total = numSpells for slot = offset, offset + total do --local name, rank = GetSpellInfo(slot, bookType) local spellName = GetSpellNameBySlot(slot, bookType) print(spellName, slot) PickupSpellBookItem(slot, bookType) local command, value, subValue, id = GetCursorInfo() ClearCursor() local name = GetSpellInfo(id) print(id, name) --value = GetGenericSpellNameById(id) --print(id, value) if name then cache2slot[name] = {slot, bookType} --todo to table [realId] = genericId end end end Can it be done without using cursor?Dussy1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 UI ISSUE HELP PLEASE ok so theres parts of my UI (half my buffs, the lower parts of BGT etc), that i cant click on, or even if my mouse hovers over those buffs etc i dont get a tooltip. Its almost like theres an invisible window or something open over them stopping me. Anyone got any idea why?Opîe1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 how to search for guildless with /who Hi so ive been looking for a better way to recruit people to my guild, and i was wondering if there was a way to search for guildless people with the /who command. Thanks in advance.Raeb5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 elvui (healer) i just got elvui and set the ui up to my likeing. however as a healer im finding it hard to use other addons such as clique and gridclicksets to use on my ui with out healing. such as the right click and left click. i would like to use grid as my default and or elvui as my default ui with the raid frames with out running into problems like right click to open trade and or left click to target some 1 to summon them for example. if theres other are healers out there that have gone thro this can u please give me any advise onto what i should use and not to use to fix this issue?Séung3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 /use item macro help Hey, I'm looking for a macro that will use my rocket gloves when used, and if It's on CD it will use my lightning Generator trinket instead. Is it possible to make a macro like this? Thanks ^.^Thrasherjess8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 quest objectives on the map They aren't showing up anymore D: no new addons, I've tried disabling addons. they were showing up, then I moved to another zone and are no longer showing.Bevis1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 went back to blizzard action bars. need help hi i just recently went back to the blizzard action bars, but my problem is i can't resize it small enough it's still way too big. I also have a 20 inch monitor so it's not that small and my wow settings are set the same as my monitors. pic: http://i45.tinypic.com/35b576f.jpgDelyris4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Help creating a super basic addon or macro Hey all - This is super weird, I know - I'd like to do something very basic - Everytime i cast a certain mount, i'd like a certain sound file to play. I realize completely that no one but me would be able to hear it, but the two work perfectly together, and it makes me smile. Anyway - is there somewhere i could stash the audio file in the wow directory so that I could accomplish this with a macro? one that would have the cast and play audio commands in it; or would I need a basic addon to do this, since I know addons can have independent audio triggers. Thanks for all your help! I run with a very basic UI, and don't usually get into the gritty like this.Broin1 Oct 18, 2012