UI and Macro

May 29, 2012 mouseover and focus macro all-in-one help i'm trying to create a macro with Repentance that will: -cast Repentance on the mouse-over target if existing, OR -cast Repentance on the selected target, OR -cast Repentance on the focus target when i hold down ALT (even when I have different target selected). so far i have the following: /cast [nomod,@mouseover,exists] Repentance; Repentance; [mod:alt,target=focus] Repentance the first part of the macro (nomod actions) work just fine. but the alt-button doesn't seem to make the spell go to the focus target. it instead goes to the selected target. and if there is no selected target, it tells me i have no selected target. thanks for any input you all can give.Kraniel2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 X-Perl UnitFrames Help Not to be noobish or anything, but I accidently closed the assists frame and I dont know to make it reappear.Demonspear1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Incredibly Simple Shift Modifier Problem.HELP I can't get a simple shift modifier macro to work for my warrior: /cast [mod:shift] Slam; Heroic Strike ****** KEY INFORMATION ******** I've been researching issues that players are having with shift modifier macros such as this and have noted that many other players have the same issue. For some, basic advice worked. And others have been left frustrated. I am one of the latter. 1) I have the macros bound to my "Q" key. 2) I have gone into my key bindings and bound "Shift Q" to a button. Then unbound it to make certain that "shift-Q" is not bound to anything. 3) When I use the button without using the shift key, it uses my heroic strike (as it should). But when I hold down the shift key to use Slam-- the button shows that it is no longer on cooldown (indicating that I can press the key again to cast Slam). However, when I hold down shift and actually press the "Q" key. . . . nothing happens. 4) I have 100% verified that I do not have any shift key bound to any function. I've even gone as far as making sure my auto loot key is not bound to anything. Normal advice hasn't helped me so far. Please help!Invictus8 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Anyone have rogue macros i could use for PVP A lot of people tell me rogue macros are great for PVP, but i never knew how to make good macros on my ownVenóm1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Beating a dead horse: Worgen Auto-transform I know, I know, the API was changed and the addons do not work anymore. This makes me sad, so I was wondering something: I do not make wow addons, I don't understand the API stuff, and honestly, this may not even be something that would ever work but, you know how the player frames like xperl and pitbull can be set to visually show when in combat? Obviously, something in the programming allows the addon to read this. That being said, couldn't an addon use that code to detect combat, and then cast two forms (the spell, not the /transform thingy)? Cat the spell on combat, cast it again when combat ends? I am obviously not well versed in the technical jargon, but hopefully you get the idea and someone might try it if it's possible. I miss auto-transform :(Annacrusis5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Weird Bars.. Pitbull? Hello, i am currently running into a problem with my UI which i have not been able to resolve. The issue im running into is that a frame bar appears in the center of my screen, as well as some odd boss related info offcenter to the right... i would like to disable this feature. heres a pic http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/Drava23/oddbars1.jpg i was informed by someone that this may be pitbull, i am currently running 4.0, and if it is i have been unable to find the option within the config menu... Hopefully someone who has had this issue in the past will know how/where to go for config options. If it is not pitbull please inform me of the addon you think it might be, and where i might go to disable this. Thanks. DravaDrava5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 One Button Summon Felhunter Macro /castsequence [nopet] Soulburn; [nopet] Summon Felhunter /cast [pet, exists] Soul Link /cast [nopet] Soulburn /cast [nopet] Summon Felhunter; [pet, exists] Soul Link neither of these are working for me. I want, in one button, no modifiers, to cast soulburn if no pet exists, then cast summon felhunter, then once pet exists casts soul link. any ideas?Atraydeez2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 cc mod...what is the name? Hello, I am looking for a mod but cannot figure out the name. The thing it does is (for example) if a pally hojs an enemy, the enemy portrait on the health bar turns into the picture of the hoj instead of their face. Does anyone know what this is called? thanks!Piepants3 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 View Distance CAP Hey everyone, I GM told me there is a UI command to allow my view distance to pretty much forever. Does anyone know this command? Thanks!Feardotcøm2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Misdirection macro Can anyone tell me how to make a macro that will cast focus on my pet if I have no focus target and if I do it will cast Misdirect on my focus?Hawat6 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Focus + Entangling Roots Macro As I am not overly confident with macro syntax I am looking for a macro that will allow me to cast Entangling Roots on a mob, and then have that mob as my focus so I can see when the roots will fall off, and can then recast. Example would be the Trogg on the General Umbriss fight in Grim Batol. Any help is appreciated, cahirCahir4 May 29, 2012
May 28, 2012 Focus Macro I am trying to build a focus macro and I am having problems. All I want it to do is : -If no focus target -set focus target else -Target Focus Please help. Thanks.Michéllè2 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Survey on interface customization in WoW Hi folks. As part of my masters thesis, I'm doing a short survey of the opinions of WoW players on interface customization. Mostly I'm trying to get an idea of the ways in which different players customize their UI's. The survey is very short (should take 5-10 minutes to complete), and it would help me hugely to get a nice range of people partaking. I realize that everyone's time is valuable, but hopefully the knowledge that you'll be contributing to SCIENCE(!!!) will encourage a few people :) If you've made it this far, <3, you can find my survey form here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDc4aUt1TDJBaG9JX1Y1OHJEd19vX2c6MQ Thanks!Sitahra2 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 TUKUI Issue Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how you would be able to remove the pet bar from the party frames in tukui..for some reason it usually overlaps the party frame and is much bigger then the others..is there away to remove the pet frame from showing up on party frames for tukui? thanksAshwar0 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Stance Macros Hello, UI/Macro community. I require help with the following macro; Macro : --- Focus *Gouge* if not in stealth Focus *Garrote* if stance = Shadow Dance --- I would also like to request the tooltip to reflect what will activate when I press the key down. Thanks ^^Exathine5 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 TSM Issues Hey all - I use TSM -- and today it just totally pretty much stopped working. I hit post and it gets stuck "scanning" I hit cancel and it does 2 auctions and the same. Everything else works... Any suggestions? I've tried EVERYTHING.Lillèth1 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Using Model/PlayerModel I've been messing around with the Model and PlayerModel classes, and I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or... I don't know. If I load a model with the Model class, I have proper animation control, but because I'm loading the model from the file, it doesn't load a texture. If I use the PlayerModel, loading the same file will load the texture, but then I can't control the animations - using the SetSequence functions results in it immediately stopping any animation I'm trying to play and going back to the standard idle. Is there some way to have the model load the texture AND control the animations?Katecia2 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 UI & Different characters Sup, How many of you have the same keybindings for different characters e.g you main keybings is the same on ur alt. I have this trouble of not keeping the same keybindings on all characters as my main and i think if i keep it on all characters i guess you would get used to them. Also what is best actionbar addon, iv got bartender at the moment but what about the other ones like domino and all that.Havoczqt1 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Friend / Enemy Macro Hi, i have this macro that casts PW:S if the target is a friend or Devouring Plague if target is an enemy. It works fine. My problem is that i want it to also cast PW:S on me when im holding the "alt" at the keyboard. Does anybody could help me with this one? Thank you! #showtooltip /cast [harm,nodead] Devouring Plague; [help,nodead][@player] Power Word: ShieldPeridin6 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Macroing help needed So long story short, I purchased a Razer nostromo yesterday and the 15 button (right below the joystick) is in an IDEAL place for me to use as a shift button. So here's my question: How do I take the following macro which is bound to my F1 key ... and put in a shift modifier so that Shift+F1 will cast Heroic Leap? And will that work on the Nostromo by using my 15 button as the shift to activate it?Huggywuggles10 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Macro Help Trying to get a macro working, what i want it to do is cast outbrake, then pilliar of frost, (then an eng item for +580 stregth [aka Synapse Springs]), then horn or winter atm i got all but horn or winter...can anyone help? marco: /castsequence [nomodifier:alt] outbreak; [modifier:alt] icy touch,plague strike /cast Pillar of Frost /cast Necrotic Boneplate Gauntlets /cast Horn of winterWolfperson1 May 28, 2012
May 27, 2012 LF xperl help; re: target castbar I'm not a huge fan of the stock blizzard UI. But they have done some things really well with their design. Specifically, when you use the stock blizzard target frame, you can enable a castbar, complete with text of which spell your target is casting, and there's an icon that shows you if it's inturruptable or not. That's pretty cool. But its not very customizable, and Xperl allows you to make it bigger or smaller, and a slew of other customizations. The one problem with Xperl, however, is that when your target is casting a spell, the cast bar is on the same area as the name plate. If you're dealing with only one mob, this isn't a big deal, but if you're on a boss with adds that cast various things, or a 5 man dungeon trash pack, its very useful information to know both the mob's name as well as what spell its casting. I've really tried to look through the configs, as well as online. But I can't find any solution to this problem of the cast bar overriding the target's name, thus leaving it a mystery to which target you switched to, if that target happens to be casting a spell. If anyone has a fix or mod for the addon, or if I'm just overlooking something simple, I'd love to know. However, if not, then I guess it's back to using the stock target frame (which isn't so bad, after all). ThanksClandestino1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Sell by item IDs I need a macro, or more perferably the code to add a button to a vendor to sell items based on a range of item IDs.Ieatsouls19 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 My UI using LunarSphere to free up keybinds Picture 1, out of Shadowform: http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii589/chrolde-ysondre/WoWScrnShot_UI001.jpg I am using the following addons for my UI: X-Perl Chinchilla IceHUD Quartz Recount Prat SunnArt Bartender LunarSphere X-Perl setup: I've moved the X-Perl "Player" frame to the upper right next to my minimap. I use this primarily to show my buffs in the Warcraft default area for buffs. Its where I am used to looking. I have moved the X-Perl Target frame to approximately the same area that the Warcraft default for "Target" frame is located, again its where I am used to looking. The X-Perl "Focus" frame is located at the lower left of center area. Chinchilla: Chinchilla is a replacement minimap mod that offers a few nice additions to the minimap (more on that later.) IceHUD: IceHUD is the mod that makes the curved bars on either side of my character. In this picture you can see Health bars (green) on the left and Mana bars (blue) on the right. The innermost bars are the player bars. The outer bars are the target bars. But since I am targeting myself you see two sets of bars. When you target an enemy in combat the outer bars will change to that target's HP and Energy. IceHUD also shows the Target's Name, Level, Class and Guild. Quartz: What you can't see here is my Quartz cast bars. I tried to cast a Flash Heal and hit "printscreen" before it finished but I couldn't make that happen. I have a Quartz cast bar for my focus frame which will show just above the X-Perl focus frame and I use a Quartz "Target" bar which is pretty big in size which I have placed near the Top Center of my Screen. This is mostly for enemies casting on me. I don't use a Quartz "Player" cast bar as IceHUD provides a cast bar which will appear to the left of the IceHUD "Target Player's" Health bar. Recount: I use Recount for its "Real Time" DPS Graph and what I think is Recount's most valueable feature, the DOT Uptime window. If you are a dotting class this window can help you maintain higher DOT up time. Both recount windows are at bottom right. Prat: Prat is a chat box addon that adds a few features to your chat. SunnArt: Sunnart is the addon that creates the bar at the bottom of my screen. I love this look as it provides a backdrop to tie in all the addons and make them look like they belong together. Bartender: Bartender is the action bar addon. The first action bar is mostly my spells that have a cooldown. By placing them here I can more easily see whats on CD. At center is my Archangel/Trinket macro with Mind Spike and Mind Blast on either side. When orbs light these up its very easy to see with them being centered. Also I have two other Bartender bars that are hidden with spells that I don't really feel the need to see. All spells are keybound. I also have 2 Bartender bars on either side of my main bars. These bars hold things like potions and Battle Standards and other stuff I don't mind clicking. LunarSphere: Love this addon! More about LunarSphere in the next two pictures.Chrolde2 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Can't click anything in the chat box? I think it's because of Bartender4, but whenever I click a linked item/quest in chat, it does nothing. I haven't moved the chat bar or anything, just added two extra action bars.Remiind2 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 looking for a guild bank deposit macro so i usually make 20 of a glyph at a time but keep most in the guild bank to make posting/organization easier and i was wondering if there was a macro that would leave me with 3 glyphs in my bags and put the rest in the guild bank eg, have 20 glyphs in bag it would deposit 17, if i had 17 it would deposit 14 etc thanksZe0 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 all-in-one focus-modifier macro? Id like to know if this is possible, and what the macro would be... I want no mod to be (for example) blind Then, I'd like for there to be a modifier that when shift is pressed, it blinds my focus target. I'll love you forever if you can do this for me!Reptilia3 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 ToT, Feint, SS macro I'm trying to make a macro that spams ToT and Feint while i'm spamming SS. I have #showtooltip /startattack /cast Sinister Strike /cast Feint /cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade But I don't know how to make ToT go when Feint is on CD. Is there anyhting i can do to help it?Ålanna1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Help with a hunter macro im wondering if there is a way to make a macro so that i will cash mend pet and make my pet go passive again and run back.Crûx1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 LUA - Hide Player Frame? I'm currently using oUF_Skaarj + oUF. I really like the two addons, but I'm just trying to figure out how to actually make the player frame to be hidden while not in combat. I know that oUF_Nin used that technique not too long ago, but not sure how he/she did it.Ksenia13 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Transparent boxes addon i really dint know how to explain this but im looking for an addon that gives you the option to create boxes that are kinda of transparent of the sort that would help a custom interface fit. you would be able to drag it around behind other addons just to make it look better. i really dont know how to explain but if someone understands what im trying to say can they help me out? kinda like the sunn - viewport addon but not limited to the edges of the screenJongko1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Sexy Map Boss Frame Problem!!! Hello everyone, I've been having some trouble with the add-on "SexyMap" version 1.3, mostly with the boss frame when it pop ups. When you select drag movers in the menu and then deselect, the boss frame still remains and the health and mana bars stretches when entering combat. Here's a few pics of what I'm talking about : http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/JBryan95/WoWScrnShot_052412_191345.jpg http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/JBryan95/WoWScrnShot_051412_195343.jpg I'm not sure if its a another add-on I have that is causing this or if its the add-on itself. If anyone has any solutions or ideas on how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it since its been bugging me for quite some time now. =( List of Add-on I'm currently using via Curse Client : Atlas (v1.21.1) Atlas Arena (v1.3.5) Atlas Battlegrounds (v1.21.1) Atlas Burning Crusade (v1.21.0) Atlas Classic Wow (v1.21.0) AtlasDungeon Locations (v1.21.0) Atlas Outdoor Raids (v1.21.0) Atlas Transportation (v1.21.1) Atlas World Events (v2.6) Atlas Wrath of the Lich King (v1.21.0) Atlasloot Enhandced (v6.05.04) Atlasloot)source (v0.36) AtlasMajorCities (v1.5.3) AtlasQuest - Fan Update (4.7.1) BankItems (v40300) Critline (4.3.0) Deadly Boss Mods (4.10.10) Deadly Boss Mods - WotLK, BC, and Vanilla mods (DBM-v4-r393 Old Content Mods) Gatherer (3.2.4) Gladius (v2.0.16-beta) Grid (4.3.2.1458) MikScrollingBattleText (v5.6.113) Omen Threat Meter (v3.1.6) OmniCC (4.3.2) PlayerScore (v4.11.02) Prat 3.0 (3.4.25) Quartz (3.0.8) Recount (v4.3.0d release) SexyMap (v1.3) TipTac (12.05.20) *Recently Updated* Titan Panel (5.0.12.40300 Titan Panel [DualSpec] (1.7.3.1) Titan Panel [Guild] (4.3.0) Titan Panel [Recount] (v4.0.0) TrinketBar (v0.52) X-Perl UnitFrames (3.2.1)Cynikal3 May 27, 2012
May 26, 2012 enter in combat change wepon automatic macro hi would someone help me with a macro this is what i want, i have the set of warglaives i have on all the time but i have to change wepons manual when i enter in a boss figth : is there a macro that change my wepons when i enter in combat and put on warglaives againa when i get off combat , sorry for my poorly englishInsäne3 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Healing Macros I was wondering what the macro is to target your teammates in arena? The macro that does not include the players name.Rathrock1 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 macro not working, but why? when I press the alt key with this macro, it should cast D&D, but instead, it only casts Pillar of Frost (no GCD) but won't cast anything after it (Blood Fury is also not on GCD). Did they change the way macro worked? This used to work a few weeks ago, now it doesn't.. #showtooltip [mod:alt] Death and Decay; Obliterate /cast Pillar of Frost /cast Blood Fury(Racial) /startattack [@target,exists] /use 13 /use 14 /cast [mod:alt] Death and Decay; Obliterate /cast Rune Strike If macros like this are no longer going to work then they need to increase the number of slots on the UI action bars.Drosokus2 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Multiple Casting for One Button So I looked and looked and maybe I'm blind but for the life of me I could not find what I needed... So essentially when I hit 7 I want Frostbolt to cast... but when I hold Shift and press 7 I want Frostfire Bolt to cast. I have it started... when I hold shift the tool tip changes but it won't let me cast. #showtooltip /cast [nomodifier:shift] Frostbolt /cast [modifier:shift] Frostfire Bolt Any ideas why it is like this?Garthummn9 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Having trouble with use X if up, else Y macro I haven't played in a long time and I'm running into some frustration as I try to revive an old alt. They have several abilities which are one offs- use X if in melee, Y if ranged, etc., and I just want to neatly stack them up to keep my quickbar clean. Simply put, my goal is to use abilityX if at all possible. If abilityX can't be used, then use abilityY. /cast abilityX /cast abilityY and /cast abilityX; abilityY Neither work, but I can't think of a way around this other than perhaps a cast sequence macro but I refuse to believe that Blizzard would make double tapping the required work around for this.Frostpaw6 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 simple arena macro and UI help I'm new to arena and trying to write some macros. But I'm confused about targeting. I've seen macros with something like arena target 1 and arena target 2 but, how do I know which opponent is 1 and which opponent is 2? Also I know there is an option called enable arena unit frames or something like that, but I can't figure out what this is meant to display; it doesn't seem to do anything even though I have it enabled. Sorry, maybe it's obvious but I can't fiddle with the interface in the arena. The sort of macro I would like to have would be blind my focus, or if I don't have a focus, blind my target say in party chat, "blinding" and the name of the person I'm blinding Another macro that might be useful is to swap my target and my focus. Thanks.Rosenn5 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Conditional Macro, need help :( Ok, I'm not sure if this is at all possible but.. I've been having trouble with action bar paging on my Rogue. Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot are both on my "a" key. I (apparently) press my Cheap Shot key too fast while stealthed (as to get it off asap), causing my Kidney Shot to also be pressed/used after the Cheap Shot goes off. No I'm not a moron, I'm not pressing the Kidney Shot way too late. My action bar still shows my stealth bar, it can be like a fractional second after Cheap is pressed.. Before you can visually see that it worked, or even before my NeedToKnow timer bar for Cheap Shot pops up.. Kidney will still go off. That's besides the point.. I would like help, if this is possible to do, to write a conditional macro to do the following: Cheap Shot by default; Kidney Shot IF Cheap Shot is either not applied/has 1 second or less left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Changing the key bind would be extremely hard to get used to, and "not spamming" the key isn't really an option in clutch situations in high rated arenas/rbgs. Thanks guys.Acoustic1 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Specific addons Hello, I really like the orbs/action bars and the party pictures come out on the top left of the screen. Can anyone tell me what addons these are? I can find the orb one but can't really find anything specific for the party. Thank you in advanceWingedknight5 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Problems wit Titan panels I installed the add-on on wednesday and it was working fine till today, it doesn't show and when i go to options it says Titan couldn't initialize properly or something like that. I did uninstall of it and erased saved variables, reinstall and nothing still saying the same thing, i even erased all my add ons info and cleared WTF folder and variables and it still does the same Please if someone knows what it can be let me know ASAP Ty in advance guys and galsDrasshealer0 May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012 recuperate taking two button presses #showtooltip recuperate /cast Premeditation /cast [mod:alt] slice and dice; recuperate When I press this, I expect to only have to hit the button once, given that premed is off the gcd. Unfortunately, I have to hit it twice. The only time where it will go off on the first press is if I already have combo points on my target. Macros like this work just fine for cheap shot, ambush, etc, but for some reason, it doesn't want to for recuperate. Anybody have some suggestions?Lyrael1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 two macro questions How would i make a macro to play the animation for /cheer without spamming text? (Say, were i to want to look like i'm cheering over and over and over again, Final Fantasy style) Also, I want to add a random single insulting emote (taunt, spit, slap, bite) to my tanks' taunt macro. Is such a thing possible?Jameson3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Macros gone =O The game crashed this week and now when I login all my macros are gone o.O Where are they saved, locally or server side? Can I restore them? Why would this happen? All my settings and interface options got reset to default too.. rawr! Whassup? Thanks.Archmikael4 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Need add-on help I need an add-on that will let me track all my alts weekly conquest/valor points. For example, if I'm on my warlock I can see if my druid is conquest capped or how close he is to being capped. I know altoholic tracks how many points currently on each character but I dont think it tracks it against the weekly cap i.e 1250/1600 etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)Myeah2 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Recount and LUI issue Ok so im having trouble viewing the total damage per instance. My recount is only displaying data per fight and then resets. How can i fix?Xenan4 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Objectives Tracker bugged I can't move my objectives tracker to the right side of my screen. I adjusted the UI and then re-adjusted it back to normal and for some reason my objectives tracker stuck in the middle of my screen. does anyone know how to fix this? It's only happening on one toon. I've tried to remove my WTF folder under the toons name but that did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Archinor4 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Disable "You receive item" Is it possible to disable the "You receive item" report in the chat window every time you get an item? If there's an addon that does it, that works for me.Footloose2 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Tank setup for Vuhdo Sorry in advanced if this question has already been covered. I tried searching and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Recently, I switched from Healbot to VuhDo and still trying to make adjustments. My biggest peeve is having tanks together anchored to a particular spot. I have it set up currently for my groups to be in alphabetical order for the time being. Is there any way I can have the tanks anchored to a particular spot so that they are next to each other? Top right, bottom right, top mid, etc. I just want them to be either side by side or one on top the other but without using a separate frame for tanks only.Ashely1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Target marking macro stopped working /run local n=8 elseif IsAltKeyDown() then n=1 elseif IsControlKeyDown() then n=3 end SetRaidTargetIcon("mouseover",n) The above is a macro that was writting for me long ago, and unfortunately it no longer works. The concept was if I moused over a target and hit z, it would put a skull on the target. If I hit alt and z, it was an X, and ctrl+z got a moon. It doesn't work any more, sadly. /run SetRaidTarget("mouseover", 8) The above macro, however, does work. Which leads me to suspect it has something to dow ith the setting of n. Any help is much appreciated.Gruklaar4 May 25, 2012