UI and Macro

Mar 30, 2012 free lua / addon coding resource? is there any free lua / addon resources that i could look at to make a few simple aesthetic addons? i would like to modify one and create a whole new one. ive been lazy all these years and now i figure i might as well do it with all the free time i have. i've seen a couple of guides that i would have to pay for but i mean its not like im making powerauras or something... just adding a frame or two. appreciate the inputDeadmana3 Mar 30, 2012
Mar 30, 2012 is there a command to show/hide helm? is there a way to macro show/hide helm, really wondering because i would rather not go back and forth between optionsColdandnasty5 Mar 30, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Rogue LUI stealth and shadowdance issues So I just installed the LUI v3 and when use stealth/sd it will change action bar 1 with the abilities I have set to the stealth and sd action bars but I cannot use 1-0 like I could on blizzards default action bars... I am able to click the abilities but im not going to click abilities.... Does anyone know how to fix this? I also have show hotkeys enabled but it isn't showing up So incase I wasn't clear when I use stealth the stealth bar shows up inplace of my unstealthed action bar but when I use numbers 1-0 it uses my unstealth abilities still but when I click the abilities they work correctly.. Please help!Epitaphh1 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 ep/gp addon problems Our 10man raid team is in a large, multi-purpose guild. As some of you may know, the addon stores its info in the officer notes. Our guild has been using those officer notes to store guildies joining information. It is rather inconvenient when the 10 raider's guild information has to be stored elsewhere to make room for the addon. It was beyond inconvenient when a mishap erased 3 dozen guildies information from the officer notes. I'm worried that the mishap will happen again. Does anyone know enough about ep/gp to advise me on how to prevent problems in the future? Alternatively, I would happily consider an addon that provided a new, separate space to store guildie information.Izzgo2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Minigame addons I used to use the Bejeweled addon all the time, but it hasn't been updated since mid-wrath, and you can't be an "illustrious grand master bejeweler." I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted, so no one can pick up the project and update it for cata and soon mop. (Although I'd really like to be wrong about that.) Are there any other good minigame addons to use when I'm sitting on my bank toon doing nothing? I've seen the minigame addon categories on curce and wowinterface, I'm hoping for some direct recommendations.Rubyheart4 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Hunter misdirection @pet modifier macro Want to make a macro that casts misdirection on my pet if I hold down alt otherwise use another skill, lets say kill shot. I don't know how to use [@pet] with [mod:alt]. Which should come first or where they should go. I tried: /cast [mod:alt][@pet] Misdirection; Kill Shot but it doesn't work. Sad panda.Sabbath2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Vuhdo hot icon problem Hi, I'm trying to set up Vuhdo to track my earth shield, my water shield and my riptide. I have it so that my icons appear starting from the top left corner of my frame and moves to the right instead of using the other 2 premade icon placements. I have the Icon and Text option enabled. For the HoT order, I set #1 as Role Icons because I like the placement of that one more than the default. What I'd like to have is #2 Earth Shield #3 Water Shield and #4 Riptide. The problem I'm having is that for some reason, my HoT Order slots 4 and 5 from the 1-6 slots don't work. I set the bars up to display my water shield for each slot and it works perfectly fine except that slots 4 and 5 don't show up. I've tried resizing the bars as well as resizing the icons but it doesn't work. Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution? Thank you for your time.Hyperion2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Help with Graphical issue, unknown addon http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2896/wowscrnshot032812013631.jpg http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4975/wowscrnshot032812021255.jpg Here are screenshots of my UI when the graphical screen tear happens It only happens when I engage bosses, I have no idea which addon is causing it My addons are: Addon Control Panel Alort Auctionator Bagnon Bankstack Bartender4 Buttonfacade_simplesquare Deadly boss mods Deadly boss mods- old content Gathermate2 Gearscorelite Icehud Masque Moveanything Omnicc Postal Prat Quartz Recount Reflux Selljunk Sexymap Tiptac Vendorbait Waterfall X-perl UnitframesThere are two components that start when I engage a boss: The obvious screen tear and the Horizontal bars that have appeared overtop of my minimap on the top right. Any help with this is greatly appreciatedBadyse7 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Add-on users what will you use in MoP? What add-ons will you use when Mist of Pandaria? Or what UI will you use? Or will you use a custom UI, or Add-ons at all? I plan on using no add-ons or custom UI's during Mist of Pandaria. I feel it's nice to have when lvling, pvping, and stuff;However, I believe add-ons and UI's will take away from my enjoyment, and immersive experience during the new expansion. I've always disabled add-ons since wotlk, and cata. TBC I didn't disable any add-ons i didn't use them, cause it was my first time playing.Ravenhul10 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Area Loot Addons? Does anyone know if there are any addons out there that will do "Area" loot like other game? When I'm farming for silk or something and have 30 bodies at my feet it would be really cool if I could just click and it will loot all the bodies around instead of having to click each one... I have seen it in Rift and a few other games, was just wondering if anyone had brought that functionality here. Thanks,Tynann2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Cooldown Addon? Hey there! So, rather than make a bunch of macros, and cause confusion to myself.. Does anyone know of a CD addon that will announce the CDs I use to raid / party chat? I'd like it to be open to ALL classes. I tried using OptiTaunt, but that seems specified for tanks. I need something that'll announce spells like Mana Tide Totem, but also be able to announce Cauterize, for example. If anyone knows of an addon that works and will do these things, please share your knowledge! :) Thank you. P.S. - If it helps.. I have a toon for almost every class. The only class I do not have is a Rogue.. yet ;)Brylik2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Customising User Interface Most MMORPGs you can customise the UI without some mod or addon. Can I not do this with wow, do I have to download an add-on? Just sick and tired of having Blizzard cramming more and more little icons I don't need or use down the bottom there (raid finder, dungeon finder etc etc.) Plus I can't move the action bars to be more central, all my skills that I actually use are all crammed down the bottom on the left hand side and I can't make them in the middle (which would be better, 2 short rows would be great.) Oh plus those pet icons hovering up in the middle of nowhere are so irritating.Aefion3 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Cooldown/DoT Addon I've seen many people use an addon with their UI that has a bar and the icon of the spell/action slides/scrolls along it. The pally has it above their grid in this video. The name of it would be helpful, thanks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvoM8_njB-w&feature=relatedDecaez5 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 (answered)Modifiers won't work for me #showtooltip Holy Shock /cast [nomod, @friend] [mod:shift, @otherfriend] [mod:alt, @thirdfriend] Holy Shock I have my Naga on NUM option because I use my keyboard also. just unbound everything I don't need in the normal options, I've tired just having num1 and binding shift to the same key to see if that's what it needed but it won't get past the nomod target, when I try shift num1 it just heals the nomod target. It works on my keyboard but not on mouse, but for some reason it works on my naga when I manually mouse click the icon with shift down to go to my 'otherfriend'.Bloodyheart7 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Trap Launcher (Shift) Maybe someone can help me get this working I tried this macro to see if I can get normal click to just drop the trap normal and shift to use trap launcher but it dose not seem to work: #showtooltip Freezing Trap(Frost) /cast !Freezing Trap(Frost - Trap Launcher) /castsequence [modifier:shift] reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap(Frost - Trap Launcher), nil END Any help would be very useful and thank you ahead of time.Níssa2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Vuhdo question There's any way to configure this addon to show non-dispell debuffs like Weakened Soul? Healbot do it on default, but i can't find this on Vudho.Medíc2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Does anybody know the name to this UI http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat22.html Been looking for a while, cannot find it I know it is sort of a Diablo themed UI, just cannot find the name to it.Shifties1 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 LF name of old TBC addon The addon allowed commands like "!jc 20 int" to be whispered to a player for an automatic response with a link if the player was able to craft it. Anybody remember what it was called? I'm considering picking up a project that I gave up on a while ago and would like to put some credit in there.Overkill7 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Can you shorten this macro? /cast Avenging Wrath /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings /cast Divine Favor /cast Divine Protection /cast Aura Mastery /cast Divine Shield /use [@focustarget,exists,nodead]Judgement;Judgement /use [@focustarget,exists,nodead]Hand of Sacrifice;Hand of Sacrific The goal is to activate all my instant buffs, Judgement the target of my focus and then Hand of Sacrifice my focus. Problem is... I can't get the last letter "e" on Hand of Sacrifice.Jamespaladin5 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Quick spartan UI question - help! I know Spartan is out of date, but I love it and it's never given me problems until now I went to cancel and aura by right clicking it, and when I did I got an error message that I didn't exactly read. It basically said 'disable this (dunno what this is) and you can make this work'. So I clicked yes, my UI reloaded, and now my player portrait and my target is the default WoW interface, not the Spartan UI, in both appearance and location. Is there any way to reset this? I completely deleted my cache and my interface folder, reinstalled everything, and still nothing.Monteverdi6 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Addon to Show Raid Member Cooldowns I've been searching for something that shows when a raid member uses cooldowns (specifically survival and heal bomb cooldowns) and also maybe bars to show when the cooldown is up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've seen ORA3 and DMB Spell/Skill Cooldowns, and they just don't seem to have much for flexibility unless I'm using them wrong. I'd be happy using two together, i guess if anyone has suggestions.Takhsis2 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 1 button weapon switch is there a way to make a macro to switch between 2 different weapons, and if one is currently equipped, and you press the button again it switches to the other listed weapon?Hz3 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 A minor suggestion: First let me say I made a ticket about this and the GM told me to post it on this forum section so here it is: One thing that has been bothering me since Achievements went out is the dates. I like to keep all my achievements done, but not showing a date of (for example) 2012 and another one 2008. Could we get that added? Also, another idea that just came by: Can we move or modify it's place of mounts and vanity pets just like we drag and remove them of our action bar? Just my two cents. Thank you for your attention! ^^Wadushodu0 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 Warlock Demon Summon Macro Help I was looking to update one of my old macros from Wrath, even though it might need another overhaul in MoP. Anyhow I was looking to try something different with my talents that would include demonic rebirth, so the macro would summon a pet instantly if Demonic Rebirth is activated, but would "/stopcasting" and activate Soulburn while in "[combat]" and then summon my pet of choice if Demonic Rebirth wasn't active. So far this is what I have, but for some reason it won't summon my pet after it casts soulburn like it did when I had soulburn first. ...Calabasas21 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 macro gone!! 1 macro left standing without an icon under general macros. 2 left standing under char. specific macros,(icons) rest are stolen. help!Alkalíne18 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 WTF Folder(not a rage post) I have two Priests on two different servers / factions To get my general priest macros + dispel macros for my Alliance priest i just copy / pasted my WTF folder over to said priest. Now whenever I make a change to 1 of my priests macros, it changes the other as well.. Like my two WTF folders are linked. Any ideas as to why..? Thanks for reading.Potation10 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Can someone tell me what addon this is? these proc animations are causing me grief, and i'd like to get rid of them.. but I can't figure out what addon they're included in. if these are blizzard animations can someone please tell me where I can disable them!@!? http://oi43.tinypic.com/jpk6yo.jpg http://oi42.tinypic.com/296g6q.jpg ~my current addons r~ Quartz TipTac Bartender4 X-perl Prat Big Wigs Grid ScrollingCombatTextMedsud2 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Macro help requested So my druid is an herbalist and has tons of Lifegiving Seeds. These seeds behave just like food and drink except for 2 things. First, they alter your appearance to that of a random herb and change your name to Peacebloom. Secondly, they "stun" you while you are transformed. To cancel the transformation you must cancel the aura buff they place on you. I am wondering if a macro can be created to do the following: Push #1: /use Lifegiving Seed Push #2: /cancelaura HerbouflageMedeoan3 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 5760 x 1080 ui wanted I would love to use the ui's that I see but w/ the triple monitors it just streteches them to BFE. Is it possible to just have the ui installed and only show in the "middle monitor" ? Don't know if I'm explaining this correctly. If not, has anyone posted a nice ui for us triple monitor users ?Quallanz2 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Mage Macro info? I'd like to make a macro that will cast presence of mind, arcane power and use my #14 trinket and link that to my arcane blast for my burn phase: So far I've come up with: ... The problem is it doesn't cast arcane blast, it just keeps interrupting the cast when I spam the button. Also I'd be interested to know if there's a way to make a macro that can check if arcane missiles are up and if not cast arcane blast.Gulkyr2 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 What addon allows me to... Do things like copy a macro on the internet and just paste it into my macros in wow? A friend used to be able to copy and post links but i cant remember what the addon isZyken4 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Max Camera Distance command problem. hi made a macro with this; /console cameraDistanceMax <50> now i cant zoom back in; tried every value from 1-50 restarted game deleted cache deleted the macro, restarted again just used as a command in normal chat with every value from 1-50 and still cant zoom back in, any help is appreciated ty :)Kakar7 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 sprint and wotf macro was wondering if it's possible to creat a macro to cast sprint or will of the forsaken, which ever is off cd?Legendairy2 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Blind & Dismantle Macro I am having trouble creating a macro. I want to be able to mouse-over a target and use blind or dismantle. Otherwise if they are already my focus I want to do the same but by use of a modifer with pressing the alt key. Hope this makes sense =/ The below is what I have but it doesn't seem to work how I want it to. Thanks in advance. #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt] [target=mouseover, exists] Blind; DismantleLingerson10 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Cooldown Addon Does anybody know the name of the addon that puts all your cooldowns in a box? I know there is Omni, but that just puts numbers over the buttons to tell you the cooldown and then like flashes when it's ready. I was looking for the one that puts them all in a box. I've seen it before on YouTube videos.Lilkiller10 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 What does this macro do? #showtooltip Sap /cleartarget /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000 /targetenemyplayer [harm][nodead] /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000 /cast [harm,nodead] Sap I use it to good effect finding other stealthed players, but I have no idea what it does. I'm not sure if it actually saps them out of stealth or if it is just sapping them when we get close enough that I see them through stealth, and it provides me a spammable way to do so? And something Unkle said in another thread makes me think the /console lines do nothing, so I'm curious about that as well. I found this in a rogue PVP thread somewhere, MMO-Champ or something, but it was a couple years old.Mechaninja5 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 ui suggestions?? sry if i post this in the wrong location but i had a suggestion for MOP. would it be possible to add a bag or something to save your gear in a especial location? for example lets say im dual spec and my tank gear get saved as i switch between specs and it does not save my gear in my bags which takes up space..kinda like a closet or extra bag only for gear ...??Madtanker5 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Dominos + Masque issue Why are some of my bars have gray backgrounds. All the settings for the bars are the same. I don't understand. It's only certain bars. Pic here... http://i.imgur.com/ARs76.jpgTurbonerd6 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Rolling Game Addon Hopefully this is the place to ask, but I am looking for an addon that is used for raid roll games during downtime. I havent been able to find it on curse or wowinterface, but I have seen people use the addon before. It basically lets me set a roll number (1-500, 1-1000, etc.) then has everyone in raid type 1 to join. It makes a final call, then calls for the raid to roll. Everyone who hit 1 has their roll tallied, and then the lowest number pays the highest number the difference in gold. I have used this in many of my previous guilds, but now that I am trying to get it going I cant find the addon for it. I have been doing it manually lately, but would like to have the easy way by having the computer do the thinking for me. Thanks for the help!Deimuss9 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 disable vuhdo tooltips? is it possible to do this? i place my frames in the bottom right hand corner and it likes to cover part of it when i mouse over a players nameGerklol1 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 Can you macro to target nearest enemy? I have a time of it when there's all sorts of action going on during battles to find and attack my nearest target like in BG's when 2 sides come together in a mad rush. I'm trying to learn to use more macros and keybinds instead of clicking since that is cumbersome. I just haven't had luck finding macros that are current to 4.2.Eeogoughn8 Mar 28, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Weapon Swap Macro/Addon I Want To Swap My Offhand Weapon To An Item With Same Name But With A Weapon Chain. Is It Possible To Differentiate Between Say An Offhand With Berserking And One With A Weapon Chain? Trying Not To Use 2 Keybinds. As A Shaman I Have Every Single Totem And Ability Bound, So With 45+ Bind I'm Running Low On Real Estate.Billionz4 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 I need an Idea So Im looking to create an addon in my free time. Im fairly new to addons; I've never done one that is actually cool or useful, but im interested in getting more into them and getting good at making them. Im not all that creative though. I'd love it if someone could give me an idea for a macro they want, under the condition its not that complicated. Im sure what ever it is will already exist, but I need some practice and getting some initial specs/a request from someone would be nice.Kamiyomi2 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Old Addons Hey guys this morning i was going throuygh some old screen shots that i had from TBC, and i noticed my paladin shouting things like "and STOP!" and "It's Hammer Time!" I then remembered two old mods that i used to have, called Gag and Aftercast respectively. does anyone remember these? for people who dont know of them, gag is an in game emote mod that plays sound effects and text messages/emotes shortcutted to slash commands, such as playing Cant Touch This by MC hammer, and emoting that your character "gets hit by music so hard" Aftercast was a simple mod that allowed you to add a macro command "/ac [success] <text here>" to macros, and then type a text message. this command had 4 parenthesis that allowed you to say the specified text before, after, on a successful or on an unsuccessful spell cast. This was especially useful as of course, if specified, it wouldn't produce the text unless the spell was successful, meaning you wouldn't spam /s or /y chat segments. TLDR: i was just wondering if any aspiring addon coders had developed an up-to-date, or at least similar type of addons to these, as they were worth a great amount of fun (and annoyance :P) to me and my friends - XieExernus11 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Assistance with hiding Action Bar backgrounds I'm using Tidy Bar from wowinterface, and I'm trying to find a way of hiding the background at the bottom base of the centered Action Bar. http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=13505#info The following commands hide a standard bar background... MainMenuBarTexture0:Hide(); MainMenuBarTexture1:Hide(); BUT... Does not hide the rogue/druid/warrior bar background... Can anyone assist me with hiding that background?Roameo12 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Irritating keybinding problem Hey, I really need some help because I've no idea where my issue is coming from. I have alot of characters, and if I change the keybindings on one character, it changes them on others. It doesn't do it to every single character, some still seem to have their own unique settings but most are tied in to this one set of keybinds. It is SO irritating. At first I thought it was tied to an addon (like bartender) but it keeps on doing it with my addons off... I've tried copy-pasting saved variables from another account even, still didn't work. Wth is causing this and how do i make it stop? Any clues? P.S. The reason this is such an issue for me is that I need to be able to bind some spells on the stance bar for a couple characters, but then I need those binds for other things on characters that don't HAVE a stance bar...otherwise I'd just shuffle spells on the bar but can't do that for stancies.Feyranna3 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Reconciling add-ons with the 64-bit client. Yes, they are third-party. Yes, the client is experimental. How can I revive most of them which have been destroyed by it?Tyrrannus10 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Need a macro to extend the spell queue I have noticed that my dps trinket stays in the spell queue shorter than I am used to so a lot of the time I will end up thinking I used it when I really didn't. Are there any macros floating out there that extends the spell queue on certain spells/items? If there are it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.Powerspawn9 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Macro for switching graphics Was wondering if there was a macro that conveniently changes the graphic settings (i.e. the slider bar from low-ultra). When I come back home to the goblin slums, I always have to drop my graphics to low so that i can break 10 fps. At such a frame rate, it becomes a hassle to even open the game menu. Any help would be much appreciated.Jebuslover1 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 Override in game sound. Is there a way to make Tomtom's waypoint ping sound override my in game sound being off? NPCscan does it but I cannot find the option in Archy or TomTom.Archaea0 Mar 27, 2012