UI and Macro

Jun 27, 2012 [Power Auras] Spell Cast Aura I'm having a bit of trouble creating an aura that tells me when a certain spell is being cast by my target. Every time I try to make one, the aura only activates after the spell has already been cast. Is there some way I can make it activate at the beginning of the cast? If I'm in the wrong forum, just tell me. Version:4.23; buffname:Impale; Extra:true; x:-505; bufftype:13; owntex:true; exact:true; combat:true; size:0.75; y:204 Above is the export code for the current aura I've been trying to use.Zulrann2 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Misdirect Macro's Not Working Anymore? I noticed this since I decided to level my 80 hunter to 85...her macro didn't work anymore. I'd use it and it'd have to still manually click the frame or player for it to cast. I've used a few different variations hoping to make it work, including this one in the hunter macro thread: #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] And it just doesn't work. Any reason why?Oom13 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Synapse spring question I know you do /use 10 but should it be on the first line? I had the ability before on the first line and the spring on the 2nd and blood fury at the end and some times it wasn't workingSolojoe3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 bartender 4 extra action bar im having a hard time configuring the extra action bar in bartender 4. i have had it up once before, but then something went bad with some of my addons, and i havent had the extra action bar since. is there something i can do to get it back?Dencis0 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Power Auras Classic help I used to have it set so that when the target hit 25% hp or less, it'd trigger a graphic (so I'd remember SW:D). I had to reinstall WoW, and now I can't remember how I got it to do that. Help?Demshala1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 All-purpose Mage mount macro (Complete) I'm trying to write a macro to choose a specific mount based on certain conditionals, but am running into problems with the character limit. All mounts are only summoned when I'm "outdoors" and not mounted. If I'm in Vashj'ir (ideally only in Vashj'ir, but swimming anywhere would be ok) and don't have Shift held down, summon the Abyssal Seahorse If I'm in an area that permits flying and don't have Control or Alt held down, summon the Onyx Netherwing Drake If I'm in an area that doesn't permit flying or have Control held down, summon the Fossilized Raptor If I have alt held down in any area, summon the Traveller's Tundra Mammoth If I'm mounted, dismount If I'm flying when I dismount and no modifier is being held down, cast Slow Fall on myself. Here's the above as a macro (using the Seahorse while swimming anywhere rather than only in Vashj'ir), though it's over 255 characters long. /use [nomounted,outdoors,swimming,nomod] Abyssal Seahorse; [outdoors,nomounted,flyable,nomod:ctrl,nomod:alt] Onyx Netherwing Drake; [nomounted,outdoors,nomod:alt] Fossilized Raptor; [outdoors,nomounted] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth /dismount [mounted] /use [flying,nomod,@player] Slow Fall Is there any way I could keep all the above conditionals but only use the Seahorse in Vashj'ir and not be restricted by the character limit. This post is rather long, but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.Choonster14 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 achievement links since today (maintenance tuesday), whenever someone in my alliance (including me) gains an achievement, the announcement shows up in the proper color (i.e. Mary Lou has just become [Master Chef]), but when you cilick on the Master Chef (or whatever the achieve is) it no longer opens to show you what she did to get it (cooked seventeen hundred rhino burgers...). None of them, not armor, cooking stuff, quests finished, nothing. Is this intentional or a bug of some sort?Gallicia3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 whisper target Can one of you help me make a whisper target mouseover macro. I need to link it to vuhdo so I can whisper people in my PuGs "Fading Light cast on you, click heroic will now!" Thanks in advance for any help.Winnifred4 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Can't Dismiss Pets with XPERL On Trying to level my hunter, and I have to turn off XPERL if I want to switch pets. Any ideas?Danbuckles1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Help lol I have no clue about macros i know they make it easier to use your abilities and such, blah,blah,blah. Ok arms spec pvp warrior what basic macros should i start off to use until i get used to using them just basic crap if someone would be kind enough to educate this computer noob.1 shot macro what do i have to type exactly into the macro box and the same for defensive stance to change the 2 hander with the main hand and shield i think there is a macro to equip the set which i created under the gear tab thingy.I know i need to get with the dam program believe it or not i'm only comfortable using my arrow keys and clicking my 2 button hp mouse.346,000 hk's by clicking i probably shouldn't be able to kill anybody in the game lol, i'm so lost in wow its pathetic huh.Darkelfen4 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Spell queuing Question...so normally, a macro disables the "spell queue" feature that allows you to compensate for latency. You can't use the spell again until it's completely done casting. However, when I create a macro like so: /castsequence Lightning Bolt /castsequence Earth Shock If I hit the button BEFORE lightning bolt finishes casting, I will use Earth Shock immediately after. If I wait until LB finishes, it will just cast Lightning Bolt again. I'm confused; I thought Blizz wanted to disable this kind of thing so you can't create an "I win" macro, but this seems to allow for it, kind of. Are there some useful purposes for this, or is it unintentional??Naeroryn6 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Trying to add music to macro, not working So I've been trying to camp aeonaxx for a while now, and recently started reading aeonaxx resource, and right now I'm trying to copy their macro to play a sound when I target aeonaxx. My issue is the addon won't correctly play the music. The addon I'm trying to use is /console maxfps 60 /cleartarget /tar Aeonaxx /tar Blood Seeker /stopmacro [noexists] /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\GlueScreenMusic\\BCCredits_Lament_of_the_Highborne.mp3") As far as I know, the only issue is the last line. I believe it's not working due to the fact that it's split on multiple lines because of the size of the file name. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried to type it in manually, but it always auto adjusts itself.Kddog6 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Tidy plates, a enemy cd mod Hi, I remember seeing a video of a player with Tidyplates, and it had the cooldowns of enemy cooldowns, and pvp trinket. Which mod is this?Poihjkl1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 I think I'm too old to play MMOs. :( TLDR: Help me find a keybinding setup that won't kill my wrists. :( Here is the keybinding setup I've used for the last 4-5 years: Movement: ESDF (with mouse turning) Keybinds: 2345QWRTGXCV with mousewheel up/down for a second page of secondary/healing abilities. AZ are reserved for racials/interrupts, and Shift E/D are my trinkets. All in all, I think it's a decent keybinding setup that doesn't really stress or strain my hand in any way, and yet, in the past year or so, I've found it increasingly difficult to play for longer than an hour or so before my wrist starts to hurt. (Insert Carpal Tunnel comment here, etc.) I splurged and bought myself a Razer Naga with some Christmas money, thinking that would help, and it sorta did -- except it made my right wrist hurt after an hour or two of gameplay, also. ; ; Moreover, I heal with mouseover macros, and mouseover healing with a Razer Naga doesn't offer the precision that I desire: basically, the cursor moves when I hit the button, unless I grip the mouse so tightly that it feels uncomfortable. I've tried using Clique, which is fantastic, except that I like to play other MMOs besides WoW, and click-casting is shunned within them, so I'm trying to find a setup universal enough that I can at least semi-fake it with similar results via X-Mouse Button Control. (This may be asking for too much though.) In short, I think I may be pretty screwed. I sit properly -- feet planted on the ground, back straight, habit from learning to type as a child -- I have an ergonomic keyboard, I have a Razer Naga, I have wrist pads for both keyboard and mouse on top of it, I've even gone out and gotten wrist braces for both wrists, which helps alleviate the stress to an extent. I just...have to stop after about 30-45 minutes of any kind of dungeon because either one wrist or the other starts with the creepy crawly wrist-tingly CTS nonsense. Is there some kind of magical keybinding setup I'm missing, here? I'm not asking for super marathon runs where I play for 72 hours straight, but I'd like to sit down for 90 minutes and heal/tank it up without my hands getting pissed off at me. Halp ; ;Spiritmaster7 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Looking for raid cooldown tracker Looking for an addon to track raid cooldowns available, something similar to DBM-Spelltimers. Ideally would like a small window that could display cooldowns available to the raid (aura mastery, rallying cry, spirit link totem etc.), those that are available for use. Would also like addon to display raid cd's that have been used but also show a countdown to when they will be available again.Roast2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 macro to see the time someone was last on? hi i was wondering if theres a macro that would tell me the exact time someone last signed off, through the guild pane. thanksHelofriend2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 "Which totem to drop" style addon? I'm looking for an addon that will, ideally, determine what buffs currently exist in raid, and tell me which totems are best to drop. Even better if it isn't invasive on my UI at all, and just prints something to my chatbox when someone readychecks, but that's just extra. Anyone know of something to do this?Bobmuffins2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 LF a new UI, suggestions? Hello there, So I am looking to update my UI, I built this one using various addons and skins a few years back, I think like 4 years ago to be exact. http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9866/wowscrnshot061312070630.jpg If you have a UI that you really like or a suggestion please leave me a link to it so I can see it. I would greatly appreciate it, just tired of the one I'm currently using and looking for a little more functionality. My raid frames appear in the box on the right hand side at the bottom when I am in a raid. Just in case you were curious as to why that box is there. Thank you so much and have a great day! Oh if you're wondering by chance, these are the addons that I used to create this layout: - Bartender Four [Action Bars] - Spell Buttons [Button Facade and Masque] - Chat Frame [Chatter] - Spell Coefficients [Dr. damage] - Red Frames [KG Panels and KG Config] - Shading in Panels [Shared Media] - Mini Map & Buttons [Mappy] - Damage/Healing Meter [Skada] - Xperl [Raid Frames] Thanks again and any info is greatly appreciated. NegishiNegishi7 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Commonly Used Macros I've been looking for some new macros to play around with. Does anyone have some macros that they use often? For example, all of my characters have a "mount" macro like this: /cast [flyable,outdoors,nocombat,nomod] (flying mount); [outdoors,nocombat,nomod] (ground mount); (speed enhancing ability) I also tend to combine any DPS pops i have that don't trigger the GCD into a single macro with error suppression, and then make that macro cast my opening ability (i.e. Hunter's Mark, Shaman's totems). This makes the pops autocast on cooldown. These macros origiy cast my main damage spell, but the pops would sometimes activate near the end of fights.Twidaldi1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Logitech G19, Repeat Options:Toggle Reposted as suggested from Customer Support thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5912294423?page=1#7 Ok so im in the process of grinding reputaion for Bloodsail Buccaneers. Via looking around i found a way to farmrep useing a funtion on my g19 "g repeat options toggle setting". Basicly what this does is when i hit a g function key it starts to spam a keybind that you hav set till you press the g funtion key. So what im asking is if i set a macro for /target Shakes O'Breen /cast autoattack /target First Mate Nilzlix /cast hand of reckoning /cast autoattack Set this to key "1" or other key. Then go to my Logitech gameing software overlay assign M1 G1 to "1" but set the repeat option to toggle so frist press will turn the repeat on next press wil turn it off. So in others have the macro being always spam'd is this legal or illegal to ToC. I have read around that it isn't but seeking confermation. I do have a ticket open atm but seeking faster confermation so i can contuine reputaion farm for other factions. (aim atm is to get insane and 50 exalted at the same time)Valauk3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Help plz: change icon when spell usuable I'm using the standard warrior macro: /cast Execute /stopcasting /cast Heroic Strike but I would like to keep the icon on Heroic Strike until Execute is available. I'd like to see if I could write a script for such a thing since #showtooltip can't do this, but I can't find any scripting guides on my initial google searches.Impurentity7 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Enh Shaman Weapon Imbue Macro im looking for 2 macros... 1 that will put Windfury on my MH and the other to put FlameTongue on my OH. right now i just have each spells on my bar and sometimes it gets them backwards and sometimes it gets them right, i never move the butons and always hit them in the right order... so i want something FAILSAFE so that i always have WF up on my MH weapon and visaversa... is this possible? thanks guys!Ihaztotemz38 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Mouseover spell dependent on range I used to have a macro that if the target was next to me it would pummel, if it was at range it would heroic throw. Try as I may however I can't seem to reproduce the macro anymore. Can anyone toss me a bone here?Noggie4 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Needing a loot addon I am the Master Looter for my guilds raids, and we mainly want to do a MS > OS rolling. Basically I link the item (ITEM) Roll MS then I do a countdown 5 4 3 2 1 If no MS I do the same for OS, now I am wanting an Addon to help with that. Something that can link the loot, do the countdown, then hand it out. Thanks for any ideas =)Moony2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Semi-Ignored Yet another odd addon idea. Is it possible to ignore someone, but still see their chat? Like, they get the red error message when they try to whisper you, and the game blocks them from grouping with you randomly, but you'd still be able to see their chat in public channels.Rubyheart2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Help with Event ("UNIT_MAXPOWER") I'm writing an addon and no matter what I do, this event doesn't seem to fire for me. I'm using basic code just to test it. This is what have. MyEventFrame = CreateFrame("Frame", "MyEventFrame", UIParent) MyEventFrame:RegisterEvent("UNIT_MAXPOWER") function MyEventFrame_OnEvent(self, event, ...) print("Event handler", event, ...) end MyEventFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", MyEventFrame_OnEvent) It prints nothing but if I change the event as such: MyEventFrame = CreateFrame("Frame", "MyEventFrame", UIParent) MyEventFrame:RegisterEvent("UNIT_COMBAT") function MyEventFrame_OnEvent(self, event, ...) print("Event handler", event, ...) end MyEventFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", MyEventFrame_OnEvent) it works great and as expected. Thanks in advance!!Scada1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Druid Macros I just started playing this character again and im just wondering if anyone knows any macros, and ive noticed that some druids pop rejuve while still in a form? anyone know how and if its a macro?Necrøn2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 MoveAnything - help! Hello, I installed and fiddled around with the mod MoveAnything, then decided I wanted to revert back to standard Blizz UI on some things (target, for example). Perhaps I'm missing something, but all of the reverts and resets I could find within MoveAnything are local reverts--more like an undo rather than restarting from default UI. I've uninstalled the mod, deleted all of the files associated with it in my WTF folder, and the interface elements I moved are still in their new (and undesired) locations. I know I can delete my entire WTF folder, but I've got lots of other mods, auctioneer data, and keybinds that I don't want to lose. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks for your help. -EbonarEbonar6 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Anyone know what is going on with nUI? I have not received an update to this addon in months, emails to the author go undelivered, and I get no response on his forum. Are there any former nUI users out there that have found a replacement you really like?Kurly2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Targetting one of multiple mobs?? There's an achievement I'm going after that involves finding 4 mobs in Sethia's Roost in Hyjaland dispatching each one... and I figured to use a targetting macro to help locating these guys. So I constructed the following: /tar Andrazor /tar Kelbnar /tar Searris /tar Fah Jarakk Is it true in this case that I have to execute the macro 4 times to check for each of the 4 mobs? Yup, as I find each one, I would delete the already found one...Brightbrown6 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Macro help I need some help fixing this If i have a (friendly) target, cast on my target. If i don't have a friendly target, cast on mouseover. If i dont have a mouseover, cast on self? Thanks /cast [@target, exists][@mouseover, exists][@player] spell works for target and mouseover but not self when im targetting a enemy. What do i put in the @target brackets to fix it?Burnthesky2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Warlock Destro PvP Macro I'm terrible with macros and I'm not even sure if one like this can be used but I'm looking for a macro that does something like that: 1) casts singe magic on me 2) if not in range of me to cast singe magic, uses flee 3) one in range, uses singe magic Please note that if the imp is in range to use singe magic, I don't want it to use flee. Any help with this would be greeeaattlyyy appreciated.Lamuh1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Help with a UI setup Hi guys, Someone sent me their Interface and WTF folders and I am trying to copy their UI setup. What I thought the correct thing to do is to rename their account, server, and character to mine and that the profiles for each addon would already be there. But, this is not the case. If anyone could explain to me the proper procedure for copying their UI I'd be greatly appreciative. Or, a link to a guide on how to do this would be stellar as well. Thanks in advanced, MacMac3 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Basic Macro Guide? Hi everyone, Is there a basic guide anywhere that gives you the "bread and butter" of setting up a macro? For example, I would love a macro for my healer that just does a combination of 4 or 5 moves, can it be done? Thanks, and sorry about the total "noobity" of this questionDeathshadõ1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Crazy UI is distracting me! I have this problem of easily getting distracted by looking at my keyboard, looking at my buffs and debuffs, curses, and magic spells on me, looking at how much damage is being dealt on me etc. I get overwhelmed because there is just so much on my screen! im barley even looking at the fight and where my enemies are because I'm focusing on whats happening on me and trying to think about how I can survive and hold my group together (When I heal). This is why I cant do PVP because I fail horribly. I die before I can do anything. I'm using MSBT Scrolling Text to stop the spazzing numbers that cover my screen and character so that helps a little... I also try to use bartender to add more room on my screen so there is less stuff for me to look at in a way... are there any addons that you think might help me relax alittle that might help me? Is this something that new players tend to do a lot or is this just me? lol I wanna become a better player and learning what and what NOT to watch can help me greatly ! :)Taeminx3 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 I need a single line trade macro for my Skill since Blizz cracked down on spamm and how much talking you can do in trade channel i would like a macro that puts in trade channel "LFW Enchanting Tailoring" the macro I have now uses 2 lines LFW Enchanting LFW Tailoring /run local function p(v)CastSpellByName(v)SendChatMessage("LFW "..GetTradeSkillListLink(),"CHANNEL",nil,"2")CloseTradeSkill()end p("Enchanting")p("Tailoring") thanks in advanceIgotcandie3 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Sexycooldown and trinket ICDs Hi, is tehre anyway for Sexycooldown to track the ICD for trinkets like Creche? I already posted on a ticket in wow ace but i fear the author is long gone... Is there antyhing i could edit in it's files to make this happen?Pallymcfly0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Wow Raid Frames..... Why cant I turn off the default raid frames? I never had a problem with them before, now I come back since 4.2, and I cant turn them off. They're giant and green, and I hate them. Im using x-perl.Shøckwave2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 OmniCC help Hello, sorry to bug anyone but I am having problems with OmniCC. I have not played in months, but I could of sworn OmniCC could show " big debuffs' on my target. For example my serpent sting / Blackarrow. I can't seem to find the option to make the debuffs bigger though. Could someone please helpme? :P thanks!Bigfangs3 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 I haz teh blackness!!! O.o I'm using viewporter for my dual monitor screen layout, and I have a bunch of empty black space on the second monitor: http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/Jhereg87/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_062212_014116.jpg And I'm looking for some type of artsy fartsy background that I can put in there to make it look a little more interesting. Any ideas?Dkfeever4 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 How do I move the additional information box? Basically, I created my own custom UI and have the minimap set in the bottom right corner. The only problem is that the additional information box thing keeps covering it. What I'm talking about is when you hover your mouse over a player or npc and in the bottom right corner it gives more information about them like their class and such. So is there anyway to move this or even get rid of it? Thanks in advance. :DCogglez4 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Loot frame hiding Does anyone know a way to hide the loot frame? Xloot at one point had this functionality and it would save me about .5-1 second per mob looted. The new version doesn't have that option though. It'd be a hug help, thanks!Liore1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 deadly boss mods i just installed the curse client and then the deadly boss mods addon. when i log onto WoW will it just be up on my screen?Deamm5 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Casting alternative spell if other is on cd Hey, I was hoping someone would have some simple insight into this. I have a Fire mage. I currently have a button on my mouse bound to cast Blast wave, but once BW is on CD I would like it to cast Flame strike instead and then when BW comes off CD cast that again. Is there anyway I can get a macro to do that or would I need to have a modifier or cast sequence in the macro? If I can could you please show me how. Thanks!Earthwalkerr1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Hide Main Action Bars / UI How do I hide this? I've looked in the options and UI options. I just want to completely hide it because I use bartender.Infecteddino1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Melee Range Macro/Addon? Is there a way to make a macro that doesn't use an item unless I'm within melee range? Edit: Used the search function, it seems that Blizzard broke it on purpose, so what about an addon? Edit #2: Also, would it be legal?Splurt3 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 healbot using things its not ment too before i start, i know im posting on my mage...but its on my druid that i have the problem. right now on my healbot i have rejuvination set to left-click, and i have my core of ripeness set to my 2 key above w so thats it within easy reach without having to worry about looking. (i 4get some of my spells placements pretty easy) the problem, every time i use my left-click rejuivantion on healbot, it also activates my core of ripeness. i have no clue why its doing this, i just want it to stop. any help?Kielis5 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 A little help with powerauras please. Hello everyone. I just downloaded this addon and am having a bit of trouble configuring a specific action I want. I want an alert for overpower when Taste for Blood procs. However I want this to activate when im not in battle stance. The default Blizzard floating text doesnt do this, even if I put overpower on a non-stance binding. Can anyone help? Ive tried putting Taste for Blood in the buff name column but it just doesnt show up.Yin0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Switching UI set-ups Is there a way to switch your button layout? Not keybinds, but similar to when you switch specs. I would like to have different layouts for my resto pvp/pve, but I cant find anything like exporting, or saving in bartender. Is there a better action bar mod out there?Shøckwave1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 When I roll over the spell icons on my action bar, the box that says what it does appears right in the middle of my screen. I'm a mouse clicker so this is very annoying as i can't see what is happening right in front of me. Any way I could move these boxes.Guilmord2 Jun 22, 2012