Arenas

17h PvP Disqualification Policy Update As part of our continued efforts to combat cheating and unfair play in World of Warcraft, we’ve recently made a change to our policies regarding PvP disqualifications. As of the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, any player who is found to have engaged in unfair practices that result in their disqualification from end-of-season PvP rewards will also have their ability to queue for rated PvP matches immediately revoked. This restriction will continue through the remainder of the season in which they were disqualified, which includes the current “Post-Season” available until Battle for Azeroth launches. This change is intended to minimize the impact that disqualified players have on those who are playing legitimately while the PvP season continues, and is just one aspect of our ongoing commitment to upholding the competitive integrity of World of Warcraft PvP.Bornakk55 17h
Jun 10 Join us live at the Blizzard Arena for BlizzCon Opening Week! After nearly a year of brutal regional competition, the top teams of Arena gladiators from around the world will gather for a final showdown in the World of Warcraft Arena Global Championship—and you can be there to cheer on your favorite combatants! If you're heading to Southern California for BlizzCon 2018, come join us live, in-person at Blizzard Arena Los Angeles in Burbank, California for all the pre-BlizzCon exciting! Tickets to the live event on Monday, October 29, 2018, are on sale now through the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles ticketing site. Single-day tickets are avliable for the World of Warcraft Arena World Championship for $30 per day (plus applicable taxes and fees). Tickets to one of the Blizzard Arena Behind-the-Scenes Tour sessions are also available for $50 per session (plus applicable taxes and fees), with multiple dates and time slots available to choose from! You can find more information on availablity, timing, pricing, and more on the BlizzCon site here.Ornyx2 Jun 10
May 19 Arena Movement Lag Hotfixes We’ve recently implemented a technical change to address player feedback about certain movement lag issues, particularly in Arenas. The most common report has been from one player seeing another player in a different location than where they are actually positioned. A fix to address that issue has now been live for a couple days, and we’re looking for feedback from players who play in Arenas and might be seeing a difference in the frequency of this issue. While we have other improvements in the works for the future, we believe this should have significantly reduced movement lag from multiple players’ perspectives. Please let us know if you’re seeing improvement along those lines. Thank you!Ornyx21 May 19
Mar 12, 2015 Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns When you're affected by a crowd control effect in PvP, there's an 18-second window for diminishing returns on further effects from the same category. Additional CC effects used on you while diminishing returns are active are reduced in duration: first by 50%, and then by 75%. Each CC effect resets the 18-second window to its full duration, and if you are affected by three CC's of the same category inside that 18-second window, you will be immune to further effects from that category until the 18-second window has passed. The lists below have been separated out into their specific diminishing returns categories. Each ability shares diminishing returns with the other abilities it has been listed with, and no others, except where noted. Diminishing Returns Categories Disorient Incapacitate Root Silence Stun KnockbackLore6 Mar 12, 2015
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Arenas forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player arena combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1m Stats/Gearing in PvP Hey guys, I'm kinda confused on how stats/gearing will be in PvP. There hasn't been an official post from Blizz (that I can find) about this topic. So just to make sure... Isn't the gear from the weekly conquest still random? We still don't get to choose which piece of gear we want. This literally fixes nothing except for giving us more gear. So pvp stat templates are gone and now item lvl doesn't matter, but isn't that untrue? Items with higher item levels usually have more secondary stats to them, and more stats is better right? Honestly I just want to go back to the days where PvP gear was the best gear for PvP, and I had to PvP to get it. Sincerely, A long time PvPerNamjoo6 1m
1m How do I level this What are faster ways to level up my damn neck piece? I'm running these expeditions on heroic over and over and I can't get the neck to go over lvl 13.Rot16 1m
2m Island Expedetion Deaths Cause Durability Working as intended? I feel like this needs to be changedDrakaramunga4 2m
5m So... A disc priest just spammed shield and lived through all of my dmg is this balanced? nvm this has to be a bug theres no way this game is this unbalanced! The worst part is it was world pvp and he was a level 110 priest Yikes Instead of going forward this xpac we went backwards a lot of red flags already in this game and end game content hasnt been released yetFloissais41 5m
5m Unbiased list of things that are broken: After being 120 for a bit of time now and playing quite a few BGs, here are some things that I've noticed are way too strong and will ruin arena when rated is available in a few weeks: -Hybrid healing in general (especially shamans....omg) -Frost mage slows and dmg. I feel slower than being crippling poisoned by a rogue in WOTLK -Hunter healing -Fury warrior healing -Disc priest nearly unkillable -Ret paladins Feel free to add to this list as I can't remember everything at once. But this is a good start.Onlinecutie49 5m
5m You're gearing wrong! Info for The People It's great you are 330+ item level but you will do less damage/healing than someone that is 300 item level that has the right slots and ALL Azerite traits unlocked. So you must get to lvl 17-22 Heart of Azeroth before Season start! Any other dungeon grinding is pointless before the season starts. Imagine the PvP season starting and you get an awesome Epic Azerite piece that has your dream traits only to be unlocked weeks from when you attained it. Sucks right! Turn down those dungeon Ques and get into Island Expeditions. These are lots of fun and great for grinding Azerite. I got 7k yesterday and today just hit lvl 16. This is what you should be doing so when the Arena season starts you can actually wear the dam gear you get! Also there is a weekly quest that rewards 2500 Azerite!! Also besides Azerite there are only 3 slots with heavy importance in PvP. PvP Slots that matter the most Trinkets- Obvious but only target specific World Quest or Dungeons to get an on use Trinket to line burst. It will be your biggest damage source and sockets or speed bonus in this slot for secondaries or gem speed is best. Rings- these slots have 3 times the secondaries of every other piece. You complain about no haste but aren't focusing on rings that give you 3 times as much. Weapon/Off hand- Most things are tied to weapon damage now and obviously its back to a day where the better weapon is one of your biggest upgrades. Who cares if you have a green belt. Get a 350 ilvl weapon/offhand.So just do specific dungeons/world quest to target these 3 slots. Don't get me wrong a 350 epic belt sure is pretty and your 330+ item level looks great in LFG but it does diddly squat to someone in blues and greens with a 20 lvl Heart of Azeroth and access to all their traits. That took the time to gear smart! PS- People that complain about low secondaries the Champions of Azeroth reputation gives 15 item levels for each new tier to your Heart. I am working on Honored to get another 15 item lvls. This is your stat stick. So get those stats!! PPS- Give us vendors. PPPS- Don't forget 3% speed gem in one of those sockets, Make a speed demon!Abombanation53 5m
5m Healers 2’s comp I would like to know which healers pair well with each of theses classes. Not by OP’ness but helpful skills and cc dr’s. Arms Warrior - Holy Pal? Ret Paladin - Disc? Warlock - Resto Sham? For 2’s and also wpvp. Thank you!Glowskull7 5m
7m Druid shapeshifting spam Let's try again, I know every druid kids will rush me and will say that is up for years so that should be ok (their only arguement, yes that's sad) but that make no sense for me, because something is in place for years does not mean that's fine. Please Blizzard, do something about it, shapeshift remove all slows, for no cost, no cooldowns (that 1 sec global cooldown does not matter at all, let's be honest), it's just disgusting and illogical. When you look at every other abilities that removes slows in this game, they all got big cooldowns and are strong abilities. It just make no sense if a class can do that every seconds for no cost, the difference is too big, it can't be right. This is clearly over powered. Do something, put a cost, a cooldown for each shapeshift, i don't know but do something.Djow177 7m
15m Suggestions for W/x/S Comp So I’ve leveled my main to 120, but want to hear everyone’s suggestion for which alt to level that would fit the rsham/arms/x 3s comp. My friends play rsham and arms warrior so I naturally thought of leveling my warlock or boomie to do 3s. I’m opening to all suggestions and just wanted to hear peoples experiences.Scudd7 15m
18m Item Level doesn't matter in PvP anymore There seems to be a lot of mis information on these forums about the current state of PvP before BFA even really begins for us... Fear not, Item level isn't what you should be worried about, the only thing you need to worry about is the stats you want to have while pvping. To elaborate a bit, it doesn't matter if mythic raiders have 10ilvl more than you, the way it works is: - If a person with high ilvl hits a person with Low ilvl they will deal reduced damage to them, equal to what they would be dealing if they were at the ilvl of the enemy. -If a person with low Ilvl hits a person with High ilvl they will deal increased damage to them, equal to what they would be dealing if they were at the ilvl of the enemy. ... The only thing that matters are Azerite Gear and the passives you benefit from them. Yeah of course you'll have on-use trinkets that you can obtain but seeing as how much little damage they actually deal I doub't they'll be a requirement. What you all should be worried about is Engineers having a Shield belt enchant.Chriswilson86 18m
26m Dk or Druid Yo, Im jumping back into this grind. Should I level/main a druid or DK first? What are ya'lls opinions on both. Im quite out of the loop. Thanks for the info gang.Bowdawg9 26m
42m plz nerf cloak of shadows This is a very old ability that hasn't gotten hardly any changes since it was introduced to rogue, it's severely broken when combined with rogues insane utility kit, as a caster you can't counter it.Mcsalty48 42m
45m Pro Tip I am 320+ iLvl without Dungeons If you hate dungeons or they are just grueling to do like they are for me. I been getting my item level up there from World Quest. Pro Tip- Equip your highest item level gear as World Quest Rewards are based on your item level and will Scale up to remain relevant. So replace weak slots and get better rewards. Just got 335 Boots from a silly easy Quest I did in 2 mins. Not to mention some of the World Quest items when Higher item level are actually pretty great. Trinkets/Rings etc. There is a cloak with a Proc FYI that I want to get an Epic version of. PS- The Abomb is fighting The Good Fight this expansion to keep The People informed. Have a great week!Abombanation5 45m
45m More PvP Talents Going from being able to choose 7, down to 3 feels so bad. Increasing our choices to 4 or 5 would make a world of difference.Namjoo0 45m
53m Unable to find a ‘main’ for PvP Anyone else having issues with selecting a main? I’ve never been THIS indecisive about it. For a variety of reasons, I’m having major issues selecting a class for PvP to main.Gnarlsdarwin14 53m
1h Secondary stats with new scaling system So does ilvl matter? Does haste/mastery actually increase your throughput at all?Starlørd1 1h
1h BFA - No PvP vendors With the removal of stat templates I see having no PvP vendors to buy specific pieces of gear for the offstats as an immediate problem in PvP. This poses a problem for anyone wanting to pvp since they're at the mercy of rng pvp drops and not able to optimize their classes offstats. One of my biggest complaints about beta was my next guarenteed PvP drop was a caster dagger as feral druid. I don't play balance or resto so it would have been a wasted drop for the week. This is another problem with the guaranteed drop system. Classes with multiple specs (healer tank dps) will receive useless drops for those other specs they don't play, putting them further behind in gearing. A solution to solving this could be to add NPC PvP vendors that you're able to purchase PvP gear from during the season with honor/conquest points, much like the PvP system pre-legion.Kyoski11 1h
1h Unholy DKs How are they doing in PvP right now. thinking about leveling my DK to 120Jeishas11 1h
1h Anyone made a Speed build yet? Just curious if anyone has put together a speed build yet. My one slot that has speed on it gives me 2% speed boost. So has anyone gotten multiple pieces yet and combined it with 3% run gem, Long strider Azerite trait 4-8%, Cloak 2% etc etc? What is max speed possible and should non mobile classes be utilizing this to become speedy kiters?Abombanation6 1h
1h gladiator's mount should have been armored frickin dinosaurs change my mindNoobender33 1h
2h i miss legion I miss legion I was actually able to press my buttonsBubblebuddyx23 2h
2h A very small favor for traps. I dont think this is to much to ask, especially for PvP, but could you please increase the size of Tar Trap specifically? It'd be greatly appreciated.Zekolien10 2h
2h New to healing. Resto Druid. Hi guys, decided to main a restore druid in BFA. I plan to mainly do 3v3 arenas. I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction. Some questions i have: -general strats and mindset to adopt -healing rotation -surviving burst -kiting Hope to hear from you guys :)Harorororo12 2h
2h 120 now, what do I do? So yeah, I hit 120. No point in PvPing yet, gives no gear or rep to unlock stuff. Umm, world quests are boring as ever. Why did I level to 120 again? Should I just level my alt now?Amplify3 2h
3h Arms warrior stat priority post change? Is it too early to tell? On beta, haste>verse>crit felt the best, and I hard-ignored mastery. Frustrating that this change was made after live launched and I can't test it fully. That said, anybody have any info on what the new priority is? is it haste-mastery-vers now? Mastery-vers? Still haste-vers? Thanks ahead of time for any info.Doors8 3h
3h Least Proc Based Specs viable for Arena? Can anyone list the least proc based specs viable for high end arena? In order of least procs. Proc based specs ruin WoW for me. I played vanilla-cata then skipped MOP and WOD then only played Legion for a short period of time because Marksman Hunter was a pile of proc based garbage. I'm looking for a new class. Thanks.Iqpl1 3h
3h Healers in 2s skirmishes As the topic suggests this is in regards to healers being unable to que for 2s skirmishes and everyone getting thrown into games at random. I understand its meant to give more participation in both brackets, however I don't think it's fair we cant choose the option to play what bracket we want let alone as a healer. Tanks get to participate in 2s skirmishes, so why not healers? You see them anyway in rated 2v2. Maybe I have irl friends who are new and or guildies I'd love to play with and teach without suffering rating loss which makes anyone not wanna play. It's like a penalty system for us. Not to mention you que up only to find one of your partners didnt join which is honestly very annoying in a 3s game. I find new players are less likely to pvp if they are placed into 3s due to the nature of how 3s work and them being unaware of what's happening. I see it all the time actually then they just quit all together which is sad. For those of you dps who want quick games why not make it so you either only play with double dps teams or make a toggle option to choose what you would like whether it be double dps or dps heals. Used to do skirmishes all the time in WoD that system was incredibly fun and I never once took breaks as I do today. It kept me hooked. I'm curious and would love as much feedback and opinions as possible! (Unrelated topic please bring 5v5 back it was such a fun bracket and alot of people enjoyed it).Jàydè11 3h
3h What lvl is your Heart of Azeroth? Took me a lil bit to ding 120 and the grind is on to power up The People's Heart of Azeroth. Right now I just dinged 12. Where is everyone else at? What is max level?Abombanation38 3h
4h @ mm hunters just play bm unless u can somehow get high ilvl azerite gear with steady aim theres no point in playing this spec in pvp arcane flurry and the rapid fire dmg trait arent bad either but this spec is just not going to work without blizzard's handRyutiz15 4h
5h if i wanna go somewhere what spec do i play i love playing my fury but idk how good it is at top play. i really dont want to play rogue because of the playstyle? what class/spec should i look into if i want to start taking pvp seriously (love my fury btw :)Threxor7 5h
5h Cross Faction Arena Forums Community So the old voice group system Blizzard had is cross faction... So with that being said, I give you the cross faction Arena Forums community! =) Really happy about this. ... Link for Arena Forums Discord: ... If you're looking for the Alliance specific Arena Forum group, this is the link for that one: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/mwnydIN0l?region=US&faction=Alliance If you're looking for the Horde specific Arena Forum group, this is the link for that one (Volkuul controls this one, not me): https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/AX7pZ0puObv?region=US&faction=HordeFox79 5h
6h Is Mage fun? I’ve been thinking of playing Mage for a while, are they fun? Any Mage mains that sell me the class?Mathematicss14 6h
6h Calling it now! Our new PvP Esport is.. Island expeditions. Dam they are pretty fun and require some great team strategy and of course have objectives making it extremely watchable and entertaining to follow. I've Qued them for hours and can see this becoming the new Face of WoW PvP Esports. RIP WoW Arena tournament 2018 you had a great run. Island Expeditions are the new thing. Well Blizzard needed to do something to revitalize some PvP and think they are onto something.Abombanation37 6h
8h Help me pick my main I've been leveling 5 characters, just cycling through every few levels, 2 highest are at 117, I want a character I can enjoy both pve and pvp with, so I'd prefer something that's both raid viable as well as rbg/arena, able to world pvp without getting run over a plus. Since I can't make up my mind, I'm going to ask you gents and see what you think. All options listed are alliance Priest (disc/shadow) Ret pally Sv hunter/mm hunter arms/fury war Feral(lol)Pullemall8 8h
9h Whats the point in leveling to 120 When some retard lvl 113 does more damage and takes less dmg than i do at 120 with actual gear rofl, game is so bad. Fighting actual 120s is 10x easier than low levelsGalaaja16 9h
10h Mage or warrior I can’t decide! Which do you think would be better for arenas? More comp options?Frkz4 10h
11h Best class trio? Best class trio? What do you think?Evelariara2 11h
12h Are shamans getting a rework? Only asking because I remember somewhere on a forum saying they were in like 8.1? I'm leveling a shaman at the moment, I play resto not sure if they were talking about it only applying to enh and or ele or all 3 specs. Let me know, thanks.Pokeme11 12h
14h NO Internal CD On Use trinkets? Haven't on use trinkets all shared some CD? I can use my On use Primary stat trinket with my On use Haste trinket at the same time. Is that intended? I mean just decided to throw it on and put into a macro with Avatar for a build and it works perfectly.Abombanation5 14h
16h the ah is so fking laggy oml only thing i dont like so farCalderg1 16h
16h Offhealing is overtuned It needs to be nerfed, DPS should not be able to survive while their healer is cc'ed for 15+ seconds just from offheals. If its not changed we will be saying a lot of double boomkin and other comps that just rot you out in damp and have no chance of ever dying.Sauls9 16h
16h Self healing is broken as usual I mean for example who ever gave fury warriors the ability to have percentage healing needs to never work on a video game again same for the person who gave sub rogue a 3% max life every 1 second during stealth talent and the worst offender is the baboons who work on the Ret paladin team and apparently think its cool that rets can heal half a players health with one single flash of light. Self healing kills the game seriously I don't want to play arena anymore because I go into a 2 v 2 and one player is healing for % hp just by doing his god damn pve rotation. Anyone notice the theme of melee self healing being absolutely insane all it does is make for a boring game that will 100% make me quit again if it doesn't get fixed.Korvalon42 16h
17h Thank you blizzard Honestly this is the best system I think I’ve ever seen from you guys. Everyone’s ilvl scaling down and only having to worry about our stats and Azerite traits. Those without jobs and who live on welfare will no longer be able to one shot you in wpvp and any form of pvp. I’ve had some great duels in wpvp so far against people decked out in mythic and it seems perfect so far. Losing against two level 112’s doesn’t even make me mad, it means I can have peace of mind when leveling alts and to kill all those 120’s trying to gank me!Stupidorc17 17h
17h Hello How do I get 340 PvP Pieces? <3Zaim5 17h
18h Disc needs buffs! Today I was doing my daily world questing. Everything was fine until this hunter started stealing MY mobs. After the second mob I had enough and proceeded to engage in Player vs Player combat. Everything went as expected and I slaughtered the filthy alliance player. As I was leaving the area, the hunter res’d and had the nerve of attacking me, as a good horde soldier I killed him again(poor huntard stood no chance tbh). I left the area and a few minutes later the hunter attacks me again, but now he brought a DH with him. Ok, at this point it’s getting serious. They pop their coolies and they get me to 80%. At this point I go into panic mode and realized I didn’t have atonement up, but the hunter was already at 39%! I proceed to pw:s myself and penance the hunter and a few smites and he goes down while I heal back to full. I guess the DH got scared and started backpedaling in shock of what had transpired. He died. They res’d and brought a warrior with them this time, ok no problem I said. Hunter died, DH followed and soon war was low as well. He started to run away, but then all of a sudden I see a scummy rogue dismount and stealth. My trinket was down and so was pain suppression. Rogue opens on me and gets me to 40% hp. I get blinded, he restealths and kills me. WTF BLIZZARD, NERF FKING ROGUES. >:( Being a disc priest is hard.Mathematicss12 18h