Arenas

Feb 7 Legion PvP Season 1 - Rewards Clarification Hey all, We wanted to clarify a couple of points surrounding the end of the recent PvP season. First - players who were eligible for the “Vindictive Gladiator” title will not receive their title until after the holidays – there is currently an issue with the delivery of the title, and we will be looking at this over the coming weeks. Second – we are currently looking into the number of titles that have been handed out to make sure they match our expectations. We will be reviewing our rewards process and this past season's data over the next few weeks. We expect to have more information for you in early January. We’d like to apologize to the players impacted by this, as it was never our intention to disrupt the PvP community in such a way. We are looking towards addressing these issues sooner rather than later so future seasons can go on undisrupted. Happy holidays!Ornyx144 Feb 7
Nov 13 [Not Updated] Complete 3v3 Comp List To my knowledge and understanding it is true that the most recently updated list of 3v3 Comp names is more than a few seasons old, and in entirety is incomplete. Older lists generally do not include very awkward team setups, nor does it completely list all of the current team compositions. (To include monks etc) I plan to keep this list complete and updated. I tried hard as possible not to list comps twice. For all intents and purposes I have consolidated the Hunters into the Melee category as per their Physical nature and Melee via pets. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Melee Comps Ebola Cleave :: Feral - Unholy - Healer TurboCleave :: EnSham - Dk / Warr - Rdruid KittyCleave :: Feral - Warr - HPal African Turtle Cleave :: Protwarr - Hunter - Rdruid Zoo / Jungle Cleave :: Feral - Hunter - Healer TSG :: Dk - Warr - Hpal PHD :: Dk - Hunter - Hpal TreeSG :: Dk - Warr - Rdruid TreeHD :: Dk - Hunter - Rdruid Vanguards Cleave :: Dk - Ret - Healer Smokebomb Cleave :: Dk - Rogue - Healer KFC :: Warr - Hunter - Healer Lumberjack Cleave :: Warr - Warr - Pal Man Cleave :: Arms - Prot - Pal Thug Cleave :: Rogue - Hunter - Healer Kanye Cleave :: Rogue - Rogue/Dk - Shaman Scooby Doo Cleave :: Ret - Rogue Rdruid/Sham Batman Cleave :: Rogue - Warr - Healer PHP :: Ret - Hunter - Priest Cupid :: Ret - Hunter - Healer (Non-Priest) Freedom Cleave :: Ret - Dk - Hpal Beast Cleave :: Hunter - EnhSham - Healer --------- Cleave :: Dk(Unholy) - Dk(Unholy) - Healer Stalin Cleave :: Dk(Frost) - Dk(Frost) - Healer Unholy Meditation :: WW - DK - Hpriest Cheeky Narwahl Cleave :: EnhSham - Rogue - Rdruid Caster Comps MLP / Hogwarts Cleave :: Lock - Mage - Priest Harry Potter Cleave :: Mage - Mage - Healer Frozen Chicken Cleave :: Mage(Frost) - Moonkin - Healer Spicy Chicken Cleave :: Mage(Fire) - Moonkin - Healer El Diablo Cleave :: Mage(Fire) - Lock - Rsham Shattreeplay / God Comp :: Mage - Spriest - Rdruid Shatterplay :: Mage(Frost) - Spriest - Sham Fireplay :: Mage(Fire) - Spriest - Sham MLD :: Mage - Lock - Druid MLS :: Mage - Lock - Sham L.SD :: Rdruid - Lock(Des) - EleSham L.SD2 Rdruid - Lock(Aff) - EleSham L.SD2 Variant :: Moonkin - Lock - Rsham Owlplay :: Moonkin - Spriest - Sham Shadowplay :: Spriest - Lock - Healer Volcano Cleave :: Ele - Mage - Healer God Cleave :: Moonkin - EleSham - Healer Hybrid Comps Liberty Cleave :: Mage - Dk - Priest RMS :: Rogue - Mage - Sham RMD :: Rogue - Mage - Druid RMP :: Rogue - Priest - Mage FMP :: Mage - Feral - Disc FPS :: Feral - Spriest - Rsham WLD :: Warr - Lock - Druid Unholyplay :: Druid - Spriest - Dk Mongolian Earthworm Cleave :: EnSham - Moonkin - Priest Mongolian Armadillo Cleave :: WW - Moonkin - Priest Dancing with the Stars :: Rogue - Moonkin - Healer Angel Cleave :: Ret - Spriest - Healer (Orig Dpriest) RPD :: Druid - Spriest - Rogue RPS :: Rogue - Spriest - Rsham Zombie Chicken Cleave :: Dk - Moonkin - Healer RLS :: Rogue - Lock - Sham RLD :: Rogue - Lock - Druid Shadowcleave :: Healer - Dk - Lock WMD :: Warr - Mage - Druid WMP :: Warr - Mage - Priest WMPal :: Warr - Mage - Pal WMChi / Lama Cleave :: Warr - Mage - MW WLS :: Warr - Lock - Sham RMD2 :: Rogue - Moonkin - Mage Cleaving with the Stars :: Warr - Moonkin - Rsham Scatterplay :: Hunter - Spriest - Rsham Dispel Cleave :: Warr - Disc - Resto FLS :: Lock - Feral - Sham Thundercat Cleave :: Feral - EnSham - Healer Thunderfist Cleave :: WW - EleSham - Healer Harvest Cleave :: WW - Lock - Healer Thunder Cleave :: Arms Warrior - Ele Shaman - Resto Druid -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any of the healers in a great majority of the comps are interchangeable but not in all of them. Chi = With Monk Healer. (ie TSChi, KFChi, etc.) Any additions or changes to the list are welcome.Awfeel500 Nov 13
Mar 12, 2015 Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns When you're affected by a crowd control effect in PvP, there's an 18-second window for diminishing returns on further effects from the same category. Additional CC effects used on you while diminishing returns are active are reduced in duration: first by 50%, and then by 75%. Each CC effect resets the 18-second window to its full duration, and if you are affected by three CC's of the same category inside that 18-second window, you will be immune to further effects from that category until the 18-second window has passed. The lists below have been separated out into their specific diminishing returns categories. Each ability shares diminishing returns with the other abilities it has been listed with, and no others, except where noted. Diminishing Returns Categories Disorient Incapacitate Root Silence Stun KnockbackLore6 Mar 12, 2015
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Arenas forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player arena combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
47s Rogue mogs What are some cool original rogue mogs. Not complete sets but like a mash up of 2 or 3. would love to see what some creative people come up with. Thanks!Thelle0 47s
1m red or green red or green, discuss.Ravebabe9 1m
9s Everyone going ally now? I'm looking at the ladder and see a ton of ally now? Like is horde gonna die out and I'm gonna have to switch to ally to find partners? Also, resto sham still garbage? I stopped playing ever since rshams were one of the weakest healers.Pokeme10 9s
3m Mistwalk gone Good thing we get chi wave to make up for loss of mobilityYusok72 3m
3m Elusiveness+Hardiness+Vim&Vigor Rogue never goes below 90% health. Holinka help you if you run into one in Wpvp with http://www.wowhead.com/item=137069/will-of-valeera.Llayton1 3m
7m RBGS are killing mid level skill cap I come back Want to play turbo. hero of alliance shaman stuck at 1700 :'(Prisonbuddy3 7m
13m 7.2 artifact power and traits. Are they still making it to where every trait works in pvp come 7.2?Lacronjames5 13m
17m New Illusion :D http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/147778-enchanters-illusion-demonic-tyrannyKydrav71 17m
18m Nahj pls help Assassinations dead as fck right? What can you run as Sub Rogue rn?Snookypoo37 18m
22m PvP Title Cutoffs for Legion Season 2? I am not sure if I was the only one wondering what title cutoffs will be this season, but does anyone know if Blizzard has anything in store for the secondary sites to help them out a bit in terms of an estimation on what title cutoffs may be? I think it would be a little unfair to have a guessing game in terms of what titles a player might be eligible for, but then again, this is PvP in Legion...so I guess anything is possible. PS. Fix line of sight on Blade's Edge Arena already! Apparently you can cast through the pillars on the bottom of the map. Thanks!Lørdneroxz9 22m
23m 6v6 bg's Wouldn't MW monks be kind of overpowered? I mean there's virtually no difference between an rsham in a bg and an rsham in an arena. They'd still just get trained to death and a MW monk would have godly mobility, infinite drinks, and better heals. As well as ring of peaceAmyri17 23m
24m Outlaw Rogue So i've been playing my alt Outlaw rogue and in 2's they are actually really good. Granted it's 2's they do pretty decent damage if you play Slice and Dice instead of Roll The Memes. With a Disc Priest also helping you in damage I have no doubt it'd be even better but i've been testing it out and its actually crazy how much better slice and dice is than Marked for death or DFA. With Thick as Thieves and Plunder armor we basically get a 40% damage increase and im enjoying it. My energy has also just been improved if you play with alacrity it increases your haste and you get that to 10 stacks with slice and dice its basically impossible to be energy starved and when you are its for a short amount of time. If anyone wants to play with my Outlaw rogue in 2s (Disc priest) let me know. I've been 2.3 on rogue. I don't really wanna play assassination at all but I can play sub as well if you have a mage. I'm just tryna get 2k for that sweet sexy mog.Rhomasx1 24m
24m Buffs Outlaw Rogue & Frost DK's are completely gone from high level arenas. I think simple small (but needed) Agility & Strength buffs = to 5% extra would fix this. This would allow rogues to not get pigeon-holed into only playing sub or !@# & allow DK's to no longer be forced to play unholy. Heck even a 3% buff would make a difference. Both these specs are absent from high level gameplay, and I am sure that if they were given meager buffs (or reverted nerfs) there would be atleast one of those specs in the top 300 in the ladder. Thank you for your time.Wisé10 24m
27m MM Hunters RBG Are we good enough to be the stack class like boomkins in RBGs now? That would be something. We should do an Arena Forum RBG with all of us.Bandet28 27m
35m FIX Blade's Edge Arena or REMOVE until fixed Unless something was lost in translation, "new remodeled version" shouldn't make the pillars holograms. This is essentially ring of valor 2.0.Pksubban24 35m
36m [A] Hpal 2's. Healing anyone. Hey, guys. I'm lookin for 2's on my alliance Hpal. He's only like 1950 cr atm. Trying to just do something every now and then so im not counting how many laps I can do in dalaran in a 5 hour time span. I don't really wanna deal with LFG. I will heal anyone at any cr with any xp. If you're 1200 and want that 1550 achieve i'll drop my rating for you and we can chill together. I was 2400 cr in 2's legion s1 as spriest/hpal first or second highest in NA. If you're looking to just chill and q and gain some points or test an alt class i'll heal it. Not doing anything serious with rating in 2's this season, no motivation (Plus its 2's so lol). I'm typically available at any time. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Gattis/simple Rhomas#11379Rhomasx2 36m
52m best pvp warrior spec so i am leveling this warrior up and i cant figure out what spec is best for pvp, they all feel a bit lacking lolSôda21 52m
54m DK or Lock Hi guys, I am wanting to use my level 100 boost on my new account and was curious what opinions you guys may have on which one to focus on. I played both back in Pandaria at a moderately higher level but I have been gone for a while and wanted to see pros and cons of each. I would most likely pick Unholy for my DK as that is what I am used to, and will give Demo a go on the lock because I hear that is the only good spec for locks right now but I don't know. What do you guys think? BTW both will be Horde Orcs because thats all I play. THanksJinzen11 54m
1h Are melee wings overrated ??Vybezz13 1h
1h Nerf chaos bolt Nothing should be hitting harder than most of my burst melee abilities I know you've done a really good job at making the most balanced pvp expansion and I thank you for it blizzard but this issue needs to be addressedSonicsyn14 1h
1h 2550cr rsham lf partners Just came back to the game this season, friends list is empty in game and irl. Drop a btag, drop a deuce <3Imisswhitney2 1h
1h Glad + will require 150 wins next season Seems to be only glad and rank 1. A nice change in my opinion, will help to fix people sitting rating / getting carried / xfering last minute. sauce: http://www.wowhead.com/news=260586/7-2-ptr-build-23623-artifact-knowledge-scaling-infinite-artifact-traits-new-emisMagic17 1h
1h NEED TEAM 2400+ CR Rsham was 2577 this season. LF team to push glad with.Nugun11 1h
1h Chillstreak Chill Streak Deals 5% Deals 8% of the target's total health in Frost damage and reduces their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec. Chill Streak bounces up to 5 9 times between closest targets. Frost DeathKnight - Tier 5 PvP Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown. Blizz please stopDeathknight24 1h
1h pvp finally balanced? Baealertz6 1h
1h Comp question for Hunt / MW / X I am running with some really solid MW's atm, and I'm looking for thoughts on the 2nd dps. I ran beast cleave most of the season with an amazing enhance who is now literally in China. Any thoughts on viable hunter comps with a MW healer?Hogx18 1h
1h can demon hunters get !@#$ing nerfedRyutiz31 1h
1h prestige Prestige is like a paragon system without the stats gain. Can we have Prestige share account wide. Can my low lvl alt that I like to pvp with contribute to my prestige lvl just a little? I grinded P6 on my ret, I will never do it gain.Purpleplants1 1h
2h 2.3k Exp Warrior LF Team Looking for some people to push rating. Im low cr haven't really invested time into looking for a team but I want to get back into playing some high rated arenas. Add me up, willing to give multiple comps a shot. Pave#1811Paved4 2h
2h Aff or Spriest with Boomkin+Hpal? Having a hard time choosing between the shadow edgelord rot specs - my mates will likely be Boomkin and Hpal/MW/Disc. Obviously double Priest wouldn't be great, and I have more exp with Aff. Shadow seems cool though with Boomkin burst and Hpal for freedom. Boomie could go Feral but... why.Snaredlol3 2h
2h @Phierzlol Do you have any specific time that you stream? Just looking for an MM channel to watch.Griever66 2h
2h [A] 2400 S1 Ret LF 3s Looking for 2 good lads to engage in gladiatorial combat to die for country. 2400 last season, coming back from break, god bless America.Dominguez14 2h
2h GCDTV Europe Winter Tournament #2 GCDTV is back with the Europe Winter Tournament #2 starting February 24th at 6:00 PM CET, 12:00 PM Eastern Time, 9:00 AM PST. This tournament is the second of monthly European tournaments, with our first NA event planned for next month. For those unaware, GCDTV is a community driven organisation with the goal of building the Esports community for World of Warcraft through regular tournaments and events. We created several European and American tournaments throughout 2016, peaking at over 18,000 concurrent viewers on our Twitch channel, twitch.tv/GCDTV . To catch all the action, tune in to our twitch channel: ... Rules: · Games will be Best of 5 besides the Finals which will be Bo7! · Each Team is allowed 3 players only. · Players who break TOS will not be eligible to compete. · Main tournament has 8 Teams max, with a Qualification tournament for any excess of sign ups . Teams will be seeded by the average rating of the 3 members. · Sign ups close Wed, Feb 22nd Schedule: Qualification Tournament Friday 2/24 @ 6:00PM CET, 12:00 P.M. Eastern time 9:00 A.M. PST Day 1 / Main Tournament Begins Saturday 2/25 @ 6:00PM CET, 12:00 P.M. Eastern time 9:00 A.M. PST Day 2 / Finals will start: Sunday 2/26 @ 6:00PM CET, 12:00 P.M. Eastern time 9:00 A.M. PST at Twitch.tv/GCDTV For further information regarding rules and teams, or to sign up yourself, check out the tournament battlefy: ... Minimum Prize Pool - $1000 1st Place - 60% 2nd Place - 30% 3rd Place - 10% To support the Prize Pool for this event, check out the tournament Matcherino page: ... Log in via Twitch, and use the code 'gcdtv1' to donate 1 dollar to the prize pool for free! For further updates or to contact us directly, follow our twitter! @gcdtv_ We look forward to seeing you on February 24th!Healingstatd12 2h
2h Anyone know when season ends? Anyone know when the season is ending? Someone told me they'd made a blue post about it ending soon, but I couldn't find any such thing. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen anything that could give me a hint.Mavrena4 2h
3h Why is "No Priests" a thing? Blizzard: I'm getting pretty tilted about LFG and the no-priests thing.Rvr12 3h
3h Shadow feels weak in arena it's targeted number one which isn't a big deal, but it's damage in arena is just poor. the fact that you can get decimated even by outplaying a rogue mage sucks and with classes like demon hunter and warriors having even superior burst to rogue mage just leaves shadow in the dust. I think some of it's pvp damage nerfs should be reverted.Wisé24 3h
3h LF: experienced PVP Lock Advice *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits* 1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman 1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with: Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ? Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with: Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom? Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes thank you.Furtivvo2 3h
3h MM hey guys buff mm hahahhaa MM guys MM's MnM's guys what do you think about mm and mm and mm? MM pls upvote me MM new spec in wow LeGion's???Bluntx9 3h
3h [A] lf 2500+cr partners Need anyone to play with on alliance, prefer 2400+cr; willing to use voice if necessary, my btag is Timelord#11116Timelørd9 3h
4h Where is Iamyam... Wasn't he the top player? 2995. I cant see him on the ladder lmao, deleted?Gagaloo11 4h
4h Male Undead Rogues add my btag i love your guys' posts bloore#11684Ryutiz4 4h
4h hit combo when was the nerf reverted? psure this was undocumented it's 2% per stack in pvp again instead of 1%Shekelberg4 4h
4h can boomkins get a haste increase please maybe 10-20%Dinoefotm16 4h
5h Arenas 1x1 Hello ! I really would like a 1x1 arena, what do you guys think? It would be a lot of fun for you and another player in an arena fighting to the death! Of course some specs would work out better, but they could nerfy something in the x1 arenas and give a new experience to the game. It was going to be very cool! (Damage Specs vs. Damage Specs and Tank vs Tank) Leave what you think in the comments, whether you agree or not. Good game to all and a strong hug! :DNéfillim29 5h
5h 80 Honor per Win? Did honor gains in arena get nerfed? I'm doing the weekly and don't remember the rewards being so bad...Ironghost4 5h
5h can outlaw get some damage and prune the rng !@#$Ayakalol9 5h