Arenas

May 2 Final Legion PvP Season 2 Cutoffs Since the conclusion of Legion PvP Season 2, we've been working to remove players from the ladder who were ineligible for rewards due to disqualification. That work has now been completed, which means we're ready to begin distributing end-of-season rewards. The final rating requirements for Legion Season 2 are as follows: 3v3 Arena Fearless Gladiator (Horde): 2911 Fearless Gladiator (Alliance): 2837 Gladiator (Horde): 2631 Gladiator (Alliance): 2653 Duelist (Horde): 2184 Duelist (Alliance): 2181 Rival (Horde): 1920 Rival (Alliance): 1903 Challenger (Horde): 1627 Challenger (Alliance): 1615 Rated Battlegrounds: Hero of the Horde: 2514 Hero of the Alliance: 2432 Guardian of the Horde: 2177 Guardian of the Alliance: 2123 Defender of the Horde: 1896 Defender of the Alliance: 1861 Soldier of the Horde: 1650 Soldier of the Alliance: 1640 Congratulations to everyone receiving a reward, and good luck in Season 3!Ornyx74 May 2
Apr 12 North American Qualifier Cup Clarification Hey all, We’re still working out the final details needed for the official announcement of the first North American Qualifier Cup, but there’s an important clarification we wanted to share with you now. The bracket seeding for this first cup will be determined by your end of season rating for Legion PvP Season 2. Remember that there is no rating requirement to sign up, so regardless of the rating your team achieves overall, all teams will still be eligible to compete in the Cup. Stay tuned for more information - we’ll see you in the Arena!Ornyx10 Apr 12
Nov 13 [Not Updated] Complete 3v3 Comp List To my knowledge and understanding it is true that the most recently updated list of 3v3 Comp names is more than a few seasons old, and in entirety is incomplete. Older lists generally do not include very awkward team setups, nor does it completely list all of the current team compositions. (To include monks etc) I plan to keep this list complete and updated. I tried hard as possible not to list comps twice. For all intents and purposes I have consolidated the Hunters into the Melee category as per their Physical nature and Melee via pets. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Melee Comps Ebola Cleave :: Feral - Unholy - Healer TurboCleave :: EnSham - Dk / Warr - Rdruid KittyCleave :: Feral - Warr - HPal African Turtle Cleave :: Protwarr - Hunter - Rdruid Zoo / Jungle Cleave :: Feral - Hunter - Healer TSG :: Dk - Warr - Hpal PHD :: Dk - Hunter - Hpal TreeSG :: Dk - Warr - Rdruid TreeHD :: Dk - Hunter - Rdruid Vanguards Cleave :: Dk - Ret - Healer Smokebomb Cleave :: Dk - Rogue - Healer KFC :: Warr - Hunter - Healer Lumberjack Cleave :: Warr - Warr - Pal Man Cleave :: Arms - Prot - Pal Thug Cleave :: Rogue - Hunter - Healer Kanye Cleave :: Rogue - Rogue/Dk - Shaman Scooby Doo Cleave :: Ret - Rogue Rdruid/Sham Batman Cleave :: Rogue - Warr - Healer PHP :: Ret - Hunter - Priest Cupid :: Ret - Hunter - Healer (Non-Priest) Freedom Cleave :: Ret - Dk - Hpal Beast Cleave :: Hunter - EnhSham - Healer --------- Cleave :: Dk(Unholy) - Dk(Unholy) - Healer Stalin Cleave :: Dk(Frost) - Dk(Frost) - Healer Unholy Meditation :: WW - DK - Hpriest Cheeky Narwahl Cleave :: EnhSham - Rogue - Rdruid Caster Comps MLP / Hogwarts Cleave :: Lock - Mage - Priest Harry Potter Cleave :: Mage - Mage - Healer Frozen Chicken Cleave :: Mage(Frost) - Moonkin - Healer Spicy Chicken Cleave :: Mage(Fire) - Moonkin - Healer El Diablo Cleave :: Mage(Fire) - Lock - Rsham Shattreeplay / God Comp :: Mage - Spriest - Rdruid Shatterplay :: Mage(Frost) - Spriest - Sham Fireplay :: Mage(Fire) - Spriest - Sham MLD :: Mage - Lock - Druid MLS :: Mage - Lock - Sham L.SD :: Rdruid - Lock(Des) - EleSham L.SD2 Rdruid - Lock(Aff) - EleSham L.SD2 Variant :: Moonkin - Lock - Rsham Owlplay :: Moonkin - Spriest - Sham Shadowplay :: Spriest - Lock - Healer Volcano Cleave :: Ele - Mage - Healer God Cleave :: Moonkin - EleSham - Healer Hybrid Comps Liberty Cleave :: Mage - Dk - Priest RMS :: Rogue - Mage - Sham RMD :: Rogue - Mage - Druid RMP :: Rogue - Priest - Mage FMP :: Mage - Feral - Disc FPS :: Feral - Spriest - Rsham WLD :: Warr - Lock - Druid Unholyplay :: Druid - Spriest - Dk Mongolian Earthworm Cleave :: EnSham - Moonkin - Priest Mongolian Armadillo Cleave :: WW - Moonkin - Priest Dancing with the Stars :: Rogue - Moonkin - Healer Angel Cleave :: Ret - Spriest - Healer (Orig Dpriest) RPD :: Druid - Spriest - Rogue RPS :: Rogue - Spriest - Rsham Zombie Chicken Cleave :: Dk - Moonkin - Healer RLS :: Rogue - Lock - Sham RLD :: Rogue - Lock - Druid Shadowcleave :: Healer - Dk - Lock WMD :: Warr - Mage - Druid WMP :: Warr - Mage - Priest WMPal :: Warr - Mage - Pal WMChi / Lama Cleave :: Warr - Mage - MW WLS :: Warr - Lock - Sham RMD2 :: Rogue - Moonkin - Mage Cleaving with the Stars :: Warr - Moonkin - Rsham Scatterplay :: Hunter - Spriest - Rsham Dispel Cleave :: Warr - Disc - Resto FLS :: Lock - Feral - Sham Thundercat Cleave :: Feral - EnSham - Healer Thunderfist Cleave :: WW - EleSham - Healer Harvest Cleave :: WW - Lock - Healer Thunder Cleave :: Arms Warrior - Ele Shaman - Resto Druid -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any of the healers in a great majority of the comps are interchangeable but not in all of them. Chi = With Monk Healer. (ie TSChi, KFChi, etc.) Any additions or changes to the list are welcome.Awfeel500 Nov 13
Mar 12, 2015 Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns When you're affected by a crowd control effect in PvP, there's an 18-second window for diminishing returns on further effects from the same category. Additional CC effects used on you while diminishing returns are active are reduced in duration: first by 50%, and then by 75%. Each CC effect resets the 18-second window to its full duration, and if you are affected by three CC's of the same category inside that 18-second window, you will be immune to further effects from that category until the 18-second window has passed. The lists below have been separated out into their specific diminishing returns categories. Each ability shares diminishing returns with the other abilities it has been listed with, and no others, except where noted. Diminishing Returns Categories Disorient Incapacitate Root Silence Stun KnockbackLore6 Mar 12, 2015
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Arenas forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player arena combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1m PvP tbh The risk reward is pretty low for a lot of classes, are there any plans to fix this? BM Hunters can actually kill you in a 5 second intimidate that doesn't DR with any other stuns, with bestial wrath, from full HP. You really don't need to know what you're doing to play it, I put my 6 year old nephew on a BM Hunter and he played a match at 1900 mmr and actually won. Ret Paladin Auto Bubble? I understand the concept, but when it instantly heals you for a % of your HP and then gives you a full duration bubble? That's stupid.. There's no drawback to it, there's no cool down period where you're being "revived" or unable to do things as punishment for literally dying and being brought back to life for free, automatically. You can actually just tunnel into a target and say "well hey, auto bubble will save me!" and continue swinging your hammer until you die and are miraculously brought back to life and made immune to everything for 6 seconds with no draw backs at all. Sounds fantastic! Demon Hunters have more mobility than anything in the game, and their only counter is a Root? Well I mean, that's great and all, but not all classes have the ability to root a DH in place while he's bursting you for all of your HP. Meta has a 2 minute CD and can actually kill someone if they do not pop an immunity or major CD on its own. This is coming from a Demon Hunter player, it's stupid and I find it to be brain dead as hell. Plus they get an immunity, granted it's not automatic, but they essentially get a bubble incase they get in too deep (paired with all their mobility). Wall of text.Serrow8 1m
47m At what point can I do arena? So, used to be.. you could do some skirms or something as soon as you hit max level, in MoP you could do rated almost as soon as you hit the bit cap. Now.. It appears as if there is simply no way to come close to being viable. I'm fairly new to legion. I quit most this expansion, because the PVP is dreadful. I had some extra time on my hands at night due to promotion, and figured I'd give it another try. Maybe I was too critical the first time? Keep in mind I'm a healer. Obviously Artifact power and gear play a pretty crucial role, so what should I be aiming for before stepping into arena? Is it better to grind out Honor ranks through bgs? Or 3s (2s seem like its almost worse to run dps/healer these days) Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to drop a btag to give some indepth tips then I'd be more than happy to do that too. Just trying to figure all this nonsense out so I can pvp. T.TAlanthon3 47m
50m Where have all the healers gone? Where have all the healers gone? i look in the matchmaking for arenas or any pvp for that matter and 90% of the time its 2 dps looking for a healer that will never come. its actually come to the point that i dont even list myself for 3s anymore because healers just dont show. What happened? Did healing get hard? boring? dps more fun? did artifact power and traits just make everyone want to stick with their dps mains? I just want to know why there is 5738923 dps to 6234 healers in world of warcraftChedva21 50m
1h easiest class to pvp with? I give up - I am just going to farm AP and keep a simple rotation. I am getting to old to play i think, I just suck these days. what is the simplest class to pvp with...I am uber casual. vrInformant38 1h
1h Good resto druid healers Does anyone have any suggestions for good resto druids to follow for arenas or rbgs? I need to study some good players to hopefully learn and figure out what I am doing wrong. Thank you =)Sarionian3 1h
1h FIREHACK AND HONOR BUDDY Blizzard why can you detect honor buddy but not Fire hack? Cheating is running rampant again. Surely if I can google for about 10 mins and find a website that is selling a hacking program for a 4$ month subscription surely you can too. Cant you just buy a copy of it, reverse engineer it and detect it? Please?Liltrapstarx2 1h
1h Monk healing Im looking at boosting a monk to do 2s, 3s and rbgs, i was wondering if anyone had any useful tips, macros, addons and etc? Thanks in advance!Cbasszues1 1h
2h Double healer in 3s? Just out of curiosity is it possible to play double healer in 3v3s? i was thinking Holy Paladin with Avenging wrath and Disc priest as they both heal and do damage... Is this possible? Thanks!Cbasszues5 2h
2h Warrior too tanky Why do they have perma bear form (def stance) and 20% vers so they take literally like 50% reduced damage while out dmging me and disarming me..and fearing me...and stunning me...Battlezone32 2h
2h Need Friends to Push Rating With! I'm a long time WoW player who wants to push arena rating. I have never been over 2k rating and every time I find a "serious" partner they just quit in a day. I struggle to find people to play with because anyone over 2k wont even acknowledge my existence. I am not asking you to be a great player. I'm just asking for someone who wants to break the 2k barrier and actually grind to achieve it! You must be wiling to learn and patient because we are not going to become pvp legends overnight. thanks for your time everybody! Best of luck in the arenas.Killùa6 2h
2h Racials? Undead or BE which is the best/most efficient racial for arenas? undeads will of the forsaken or BE arcane torrent? playing DK atmZanarkandx2 2h
3h rogue,dk,ret or war... to play in 2s with my brother? He is a feral :D any idea of a good comp ? Thx guys!Belgarox5 3h
3h You know the game is bad.. When players need dampening to even win.Aklipto18 3h
4h How to Make PvP More Popular Than PvE Step 1. Make PvP rewards better than PvE rewards Step 2. Make PvP rewards easier to get than PvE rewardsTelendron52 4h
4h thinking of leveling my disc priest with alts so much easier to gear/level now I was thinking of leveling my priest to 110 I would like to heal 3's disc and play some shadow too (if possible) How frustrating will it be switching from monk to priest heals? thanks any tips?Zeo2 4h
5h How do Hybrid classes bind abilities If you're an Ele Shaman and use Lava Burst/Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning but then you switch to Resto where do you put those binds? Do you put them the same as Ele or does Riptide/Healing Surge/Chain Heal get those binds? I'm used to playing braindead dps classes like Warrior/DK where I never run into an issue like this.Tomcooley4 5h
6h Lf 2.4ish cr Disc 4 Jungle hey all looking for a Disc to push rating with me and my feral. I am Washed up Glad XP from BC/WOTL. 2550 last season. Feral is a multi R1 from EU. Drop tags below. Have a great day!Serval4 6h
6h Healer LF friends. [H]@[A] i've got like 10 toons at 110. Just kinda looking for a variety of games on my alt paladins, alt classes to keep me somewhat interested in WoW. Horde: Hpal - Alt paladin low cr 2.5xp DH - low cr 2.2 xp Rogue - 0cr 2.3 xp Alliance: MW/ww monk - low cr 2.2xp Rdruid - about 1600ish 2.3xp. Disc Priest - 1700cr 2.1xp Arms/fury Warrior - Low cr 2.2xp Rsham - Low cr 2.1xp Hpal - 2kcr 2.5xp Uhhh. Yeah, just like, drop your b-tag and like, I can heal or something. I'm working on leveling a hunter. He's 108, and in 7.2.5 i'll level another Hpal on alliance but gonna wait till BoA's cuz fk leveling. I'm like half good I guess. So like, yeah. Drop your things and we can do things.Rhomasx19 6h
6h omg hai guys happy summer woo ok serious talk my friend and i are looking for a qt priest / paladin to woo our hearts in the adventurerous season 3 of WORLD OF WARCRAFT L E G I O N AND play FMP with the one and only incarngodx, idk met this guy like a week ago anyways he p good he also daddy aff :cummies: and ya PLS PLS PLS we need srs healer with big patience that can handle me not blocking !!! jk i only play fire XOXOXO i love you forums i love my fans you guys slaaaaaaaayy meTeatable12 6h
6h PTR Glorious Tyranny They nerfed it again LOL Heres some pictures of it: http://imgur.com/a/kltgw EDIT: Im pretty sure illusions are bugged to where they dont glow as bright as they should, when you unequip then re-equip the weapons with illusions on, they glow brighter. Not sure if Blizzard is aware of it.Kydrav22 6h
6h Update: I have spent 10 hours so far busting my butt at 110 :D, I have accomplished so much I am trait level 36, idem level 850 and honor level 8! Looks like I will be able to q 3v3 arena in season 4 now :D see you guys in 4monthsEurodubstep6 6h
6h So they just doubled Concordance. Interesting.Trafficz18 6h
6h Washed up 2600exp Frost MAGE LF 2s/3s. Just came back to the game less than a week ago and leveled this mage to 110. Ive got another horde and alliance mage also that will be 110 within a week or two. Looking for people to que 2s/3s for honor/gear with. Im not even entirely sure how gearing works yet but ill be geared asap.Onyd2 6h
6h bear form vs. barkskin (video) https://youtu.be/cdsC-UY5tBQ HeyGuys I wanted to make a video showing off bear form's effectiveness compared to barkskin after the nerf in 7.2 but didn't get around to it until now hopefully this video showcases the new and improved balance of bear form in its current state thankVeidaz36 6h
7h trinket for 5 weeks 5 weeks in a row now from both 3s and 2s from my 10 wins now i've gotten nothing but trinkets and im getting sick and tired of it 5 weeks in a row it rewards me cruel gladiator's accolade of conquest are you serious blizzard?? why would it keep giving me something i already have screw that crap. and screw your new gearing system for pvp on the upside i did get a legendary about a month ago. but stillHyßridtheory2 7h
7h I figured out how to fix 2s Ok hear me out. Pvp participation is low , barrier to entry is still kind of intimidating, and the ladder is pretty set. What if we have better pants models. Overwatch got a lot of buzz from tracer butt, if we had better butts pvp would get more people. More people, more players, more moola. That's what will energize 2s and pvpArthasxtreme7 7h
7h 2's is silly It's super duper silly... There is nothing worse than me(healer) and DPS vs another healer and another DPS. I hate it so much that I quit all together, I don't even care to get my weekly 10. Since the majority of the matches are like the one I listed above, all you do is run around the arena for a really really really long time because nothing happens until damp starts to take very strong effect and then I feel like it's flipping a coin on who's going to blow who up. I guess the point of this thread is, do any healers actually like 2's? And if so, how?Yarenn31 7h
7h #FreeReckful3 https://twitter.com/ByronBernstein/status/867899657439002624Ryutiz6 7h
8h Tanky classes What class is the hardest to kill in arena?Zeo14 8h
8h Alli Hpal Dwarf for stoneskin or Human for EMfH?? Asking for a friend or somethingIdhunna15 8h
8h Unholy dk lf 3s team I got 2k last season and 2k in WoD i've never had a 3s team and im sick of rummaging through LFG every weekend also im about to be on summer break so i can queue a lot LF viable comps and be around my same xp so we can learn together Btag: Brantelis#1921 (i only play alliance unh dk)Brantelis5 8h
8h 2kCR shammy LF tabard/duelist push Hello! So I just got 2k pugging in LFG, I'd want something a little more... stable. I've been getting Rival for the past 3 seasons (with the first time being the first season I played shammy) and 2k for 2/3 (plus this one, so 3/4 of active seasons), so I'm certain I can just go a little higher! I main enhance. I could play ele, but definitely prefer enhance. That said, I'm not crazy about turbo, unless I get a really good warrior. I did beastcleave mostly and loved that - also demo/enhance I've had good results with as well. Really just hit me up at jeleopard#1473 and let's chat! I'm eager, and I consider myself at least adequate.Piril4 8h
8h Holy Priest Arena Guide Hey guys, I recently felt motivated to make a guide for any curious priest players out there! I'm regularly known as Enviouso on wow and I've achieved several rank ones/gladiators. Along with that, I've been playing Hpriest since WoD and it's always been a passion of mine. With the lack of Holy's lately I thought I would try to change some minds on how powerful it is, and maybe encourage some of you to play it as well. This is my first time ever recording something like this, so I think I ramble occasionally, but I'm pretty proud of it and think it's at least a good starting point for new holy priests or anyone looking to learn. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146803614 I've included timestamps in the video description for those curious about just specific topics. If you have any questions for me or think I missed something, don't hesitate to add my btag Envious#11428, message my twitch account, or post on here. *Couple things that I know I forgot to talk about: -When you are locked out and desperate prayer procs a reset, you can still dp despite the lockout. (dp before interrupts if possible!) -Greater fade immunes UA dispel damage/silence but does not immune VT fear -Look for opportunities to smite reset your stun (I think this is a pretty obvious one though) -If you are curious about the addon MikScrollingBattleText, I can help you set it up exactly how I have it.Womanrespekr15 8h
8h LF teammates - eu r1 multiclasser LF glad + teammates on horde and ally i play hunt/mage/disc 3.2k exp on eu multi r1 add EUhunt#1714Refren14 8h
8h Curious about Alts / off specs. I'm just wondering if others are discouraged from playing alts / off specs because of the AP grind, or if it's just me. Legitimate question, because I'm sure some people do still play multiple characters and what not... But I can't for the life of me convince myself to use more than one at a time. I stare at my warrior on the log in screen and think, man that was pretty fun playing that... But then I remember the AP situation, and how much work it'd take to play, and It just makes me not want to touch it. Anyone else like this?Fox6 8h
10h Affliction Lock Damage in 7.2.5 Will be way overtuned. They are getting execute dots as a level 100 talent in addition to their pvp talent. Intellect buffed by 15%, everything getting buffed. Many people think they are getting nerfed, just because of lvl 15 talent tier nerfs, but the buffs will far outweigh those. The only good news is that they will still be squishy af If you don't believe me, look over the affliction buffs over the past month on PTR. You heard it here first. Maybe I'll dust off my aff lock for onceXorrok45 10h
10h Rsham 1.9k cr lf friends LF btags. 1950ish in 2s and 1900 in 3s. just came back cant wait for the ap grind. why i quit in the first place 2500ish xp on rsham, multi r-1 duelist if anyones interested need dk's for 2s and w.e for 3s bigleech#1154 add with noteBìgleech1 10h
10h 7.2.5 MM nerfed hard. now you guys can stop crying. Spray and pray gone. Scatter shot nerfed. bursting shot nerfed. I would be fine with all these nerfs to our utility. If we were giving master's call back to compensate for survivability. Bm nerfs as well. Wild protecter and beast within nerfed.Serval50 10h
11h [H] - 2k CR Ret LF 3's 2500 Legion Exp looking for new teammates on Horde would prefer wizard/Ret comps but open to Cupid.Kained10 11h
11h Just tanked 200 points Just tanked from 1808 to 1600... Playing with 8 diff groups in LFG. Tonight I've faced more arena masters then I've ever seen. This game feels impossible to get past 1800s now. Idk wtf to do. Getting so angry. ANd i can't switch specs because my Art knowledge is lowGravemind26 11h
11h imagine being born in the 90's only trashcans and losers were born in the 90's legends were born 2005 and on wards, 2006 baby reporting in u mad i was still a tiny menorah swimming around in my moms stomach when this game came out???? P.S if ur a 90's baby dont comment P.S.S enjoy legionJunash45 11h
11h We have to do Mythics to upgrade Leg https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/30849-patch-725-upgrading-legendary-items/ You probably saw this in general but maybe not. Hopefully the Devs jump in like last time and say, "We don't know how this rumor got started..." Because some of us aren't going to do even more PVE.Jastina3 11h
11h What goes good with Moonkin? I have a good friend IRL that's playing WoW now and he is playing Boomie and likes it. We would like to do 2's, 3's and BG's. What would be a 'good' class to pair with his Boomie that would give us not so skilled PvP'ers a decent chance at success? I have, and can play 'relatively' well: (sort of) 110 Pally (Ret and Holy) 110 Hunter (MM and BM) 110 Monk (WW/ MW) 107 DH 105 Preist (Shadow/Disc) Or I could roll another class if needed? Any suggestions from some skilled PvP folks much appreciated!Dillahunty5 11h
12h [h] lfm haaaay! s15 glad on both dk + lock 2500+wod s3 + legion s1 lf locks/moonkins/hunters/rshams/mws/warriors/anything tbh to expand battle tag and q horde / alliance unholy dks mainly alts horde ww / enh / ret soon horde warrior non rage chill games 2k ~ cr ish on horde a little lower on alliance :) Reminiscent#11667 \(^____^)/Reminiscent24 12h
12h @Kydrav Trying to play war and I would like your btag to ask questions when I have some Adam#13832Trackpadboyx11 12h