Arenas

Jul 24, 2015 Priest Changes edit; so priest are still !@#$ and probably worse this season since they scaled horribly priest, the class with 2 healing specs both still utter garbage when all it would take is a % increase on holy's single target healing from flash heal and pom and holy would be perfectly fine what issues to priest have? pain suppression is absolute garbage in comparison to the defensive's other healers have, we have suppression, aegis (which is a 3 min cd for a immobile 25% damage reduction bubble, so its more of an offensive cd to help your teammates stay aggressive) and guise which is a laughable defensive mana problems same as monk output is still an issue im fully aware disc is hard to make viable, i personally don't even think you CAN balance it again without bringing back mana burn or tripling the damage discs can do the only people that think saving grace is a "neat mechanic" are people who don't main disc priest, i dont know about you but i don't find it "neat" that our only good healing spell dampens us by 15% per use, it's not "neat" that our healing output which already sucks gets to suck even more when we have to use the only spell that keeps up with current damage priests now are like rdruids last season in the sense that in order to keep up with healing cc has to happen; i can spam heals and not have someone top off even if I am free casting because so much of our healing revolves around PWS which gets purged instantly. and divine aegis which negates our crits entirely to a sorb which sucks considering how it is now where if you get 20% health you instantly get executed and die, sorb or not. we no longer have a niche, pain suppression a long with pws was a niche because we were the only spec that had damage reduction for other players, the spec that excelled in being known as the aggressive healer now every healing spec has a damage reduction mechanic and every other healer does more damage than a priest besides mw monk and we don't have mana burn to apply aggressive pressure in that way either plus we have no buff bloating anymore so preshielding burst or preshielding before you go aggressive is nonexistent because pws is gone instantly because of no grace/instant pom so what could you guys do? just call it quits for trying to make disc viable and just work on holy for the pvp spec like mop boost the healing holy does from flash heals, lightwell, mending and such because holy single target healing spells like flash heal literally do half of disc flash heals and it's not an exaggeration bring back life swap so we have more than 1 defensive bring our 4 pc guardian spirit baseline so it is always 2 minutes, im pretty sure we are the only class that HAS to have 4 pc to make our defensive's 2 minutes replace the 4 pc with holy spark OR make it so prayer of mending is instant, which would actually be amazing and not affect pve whatsoever youve done healing percentage changes before with this exact class so pvp and pve healing are different, just do it for holy now for their spells so we dont go 2 seasons in a row where we are utter garbage ty for letting me post my wall of text of sadness edit; id also like to add that when you have a healer that is complete trash you reduce the amount of comps that would be a thing, make priest viable again and you instantly have a lot more comp diversity and you wont see 5 million druids and paladins at the top because priests naturally counter rdruids and hpals and im tired of this excuse of "not wanting to make the game more complex by separating pvp spells to pve spells" have you guys even done a poll asking the subscription base if theyd like that or not or are people just making this assumption that the people who play this game are too incapable of understanding the differences and being able to handle it? because i have not seen a SINGLE person say that it'd be too hard for them to comprehend the scaling differences for spells for pvp and pve, i cant think of ANYONE who does pvp or pve complain about it considering pvp players are tired of their specs/classes being made !@#$ because of pve and vice versa (lol)Velca378 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Duelist Mage(1900CRish) LF 3s Hey guys! I now have a 3rd thread that we can cap out now since my 2nd one has now reached its limits!! I want to give some shout outs to those people on the last page and those who were frequent posters! There names are as follows:Velca(LAST POST), Battle, Bakingsoda, Ceralium, Lunaceria, Sinsbad, Prisma(Post 501 Somehow), Dacastus, Khaleesi, Meiyii, Fluent, Reimu, Shivins I am a Duelist Exp Mage LF a long term 3s team. I was 2374 as FMP in Warlords Season 1 with the esteemed Velca before the patch hit. Was also 2400 2s in that season. As of now, I'm hovering around 1900ish qing around 2kish mmr. Also, I placed 4th in one of the GCD tournaments. Woo. Comps that I would play include: WMX RMX (Highly Preferred) GodComp MLX Frozen Chicken Cleave FMPally Anything I also have an alt mage. Link here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drenden/Javelle/advanced If you are interested at all, you can contact me here or at my btag Civelle#1518Civelle499 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 [Question] Arena Versatility Gear Hi there, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but from looking on the armory I'm seeing that some people have main pieces or off pieces of gear with Versatility as one of the primary stats. Where do they get these? Can you buy them from a vendor with conquest/honor or are these just drops in Ashran? And if so, what do you have to do in Ashran to get them and how often can you try to get these drops (once a week, once per day etc...)? Thank you!Hotstfy2 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Tera PVP any good? Haven't payed much attention to this one but... Do they have arena's? do they do anything for pvp balance? general feelings? Thanks.Zannibal12 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Official Thread for Healing Dependent Specs They are putting a blanket 15% healing reduction on everyone soon. So battle fatigue is back in pvp guys. Which will bring about a few issues. Certain specs are already having trouble surviving in PVP as it is, and some of those specs are VERY reliant on offheals for themselves to stay alive. This includes ret, ww, boomkin, enh, feral. The first 2 are already struggling just to stay alive and function in this meta. On top of that, boht healing specs of priests can literally do nothing as it is to deal with the damage. I dont see why such a hotfix would go live before addressing very, very serious concerns over disc, holy priest, ret, and WW issues. These changes will have very drastic effects, but not on the specs that are currently dominating everything, but on the weakest ones who all happen to rely heavily on heals to stay afloat. Please reconsider battle fatigue returning, or at least give meaningful buffs to specs that rely very heavily on offhealing to stay alive so that they can survive with reduced healing.Zaultwo0 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Are You Serious Blizzard? So now you're adding battle fatigue into PvP after saying at the start of WoD you were not going to implement Battle Fatigue or PvP Resil. Well the new healing change and PvP trinket set bonus are those exact two things... How can you be that ignorant to the state of healers that you'd make a change like this? MWs and Priests are going to be almost completely unplayable after this change goes live... Yet again another stupid bandaid fix that doesn't actually fix the problem. NERF HPAL PVP HEALING ALREADY IDIOTSRowlsie1 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 priests suck hiSanduskyy0 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Tell me again, why can't they separate PvP(E) ... So instead of doing it one spell at a time like they have been, why can't they just do it for everything? Clearly they can't seem to balance PvE and PvP at the same time respectively, so just separate it. Blizzard has shown us many examples that it's doable.. so why not..?Sixfootgiant1 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 hotfix-one stack of saving grace is applied to everyone in the arena passively priests are fineMerphy3 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 LF hordeside heals and maybe some dps friends I'm flavor of the month this patch. Let's group up and show those OP digital Homosapien turncoats why they should respect dem hordes. MURICA dench#1213 I'm 1950xp on this char in 5.4 2050xp warlord's season 1 on my hunter and I have cool tmogKhonn9 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Nerf Assassination Pretty much globaled. The second pic, I was in bear form with bark. If not both, I had at least one of them but I'm pretty sure I had both up. This happened to me twice, a couple weeks ago. 1: http://imgur.com/aDTfrZB 2: http://imgur.com/J3lnTsx Whoops didn't edit out the names on the right side... yolo.Kityro22 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 So when will locks & enhance be "addressed"? So when Lore said they'd "address" these changes in PvP if they needed to be, when can we expect that? Every lock/enhance comp has gone up a minimum of 200 points it seems so it might be a decent time to infer that these specs are performing well above the intended levels. Locks damage is on a level I'm not sure I've ever seen and enhance feels nearly unkillable while being literally one shotting things in turbo. Not saying I'm not having fun rotting entire teams in PvP but it's getting sorta silly. Also nerf ice nova and poly and frostjaw. And buff frost bomb.Sadaradex50 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Let's play some 3s and coach lore/holinka Holinka and Lore don't really seem to know what's going on with competitive arena - why not have a few r1s/high caliber players play with them and do some qs, think they might understand a bit better (anything is better than nothing). It might give them a little bit of insight which it seems they sorely need. if lore and holinka would be open to this, it might be eye opening to their entire staff on what actually goes on. im sure there would be plenty of higher rated people willing to tank to play w/lore and/or holinka so they actually bring some decent pvp input back to the blizz round table. what say you? what better way for these guys supposed to be involved with the community to get involved with the community?Nutzsz16 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Hit 100 on Paladinz Made it to 100 on my paladin, respecd for Holy. Anyone up for a few 2s matches? I'll be doing some BGs in the mean time trying to get SOME PvP gear. Also have this resto/balance druid. Hunter Shadow priest. I prefer Disc. I made it to 1650 as disc with the LFG tool, so Im sure with communication I can reach my goal of 1750. I am aiming for the Challenger title. maybe next season when I get better, stop clicking so much I can make Rival, delaney2000#1534Clairedcat7 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 I haven't seen arenas this bad in a while. - MMR compressed to absolute dog !@#$ to discourage pilots, but all it did was screw regular players - Best comps have 4 buttons to press max, 2k games feel like 2700 games because there's no room to outplay retarded cheese mechanics - Garbage gearing system has discouraged alt gearing, there's two people qeuing on ladder: 1700 mmr, and 2400+. The middle class has dissipated due to nonexistent participation - People are generally demoralized and unmotivated outside those who have already pushed over 2500 and are bumping up with glad cutoff - Blizzcon is going to be boring and uninteresting damp fest. I've been playing since s2, and I have yet to see such a utter lack of enthusiasm from the pvp community. It's done boys. I'm finally tapping out. My love for this game has survived multiple breaks (including a year break from a deployment), having a kid, and dealing with all the bull%^-* in mop. I've never been so unmotivated, after playing every comp imaginable at a wide range of MMR. It's all the same garbage.Rumfits5 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 health might be a dumb question but I notice it seems exponentially easier to set up kills on someone who's at 85-90% health versus 100% health, why is that? is the 10% difference that important?Goulmasta1 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Hey you disc priests Bring back old divine aegis and give back critical healing. Y/N? i guess this would weaken PWS though... But you'd have critical healing. ?????Varick0 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Fire mage Any1 come across any fire mage this season? i have been doing a couple of skirmish and it seems like my burst is inferior. i am good at kiting and CCing but when it comes to feral druids i cant out damage them. Is it just me being bad at fire any other bad pvp specs having trouble out damaging some classes healing?Chillmeista5 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 If you named your toon "Focus" Would everyone's macros default to you?Varick14 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 I'm back. Thanks everybody for the support! 4k views on: http://imgur.com/g4JYuQx Got banned, didn't learn a single thing... Update: No, he didn't let me do ashran, meaning I will not receive my weapon this week. Spoiler on ban: Check petsZøøpals12 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Why do you keep playing? There's so many complaints here about PvP, and rightfully so, but why don't people just quit? Gearing is terrible, pvp is imbalanced and getting worse with hotifxes, classes are duller than ever. Are people clinging on their wow addiction and hoping that some future number change will fix the game? If all decent pvp-ers quit, then probably either holinka would be fired (don't really need a head of pvp when it doesn't really exist) or changes would be made to attract people back.Slumpa52 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 Please Blizzard.. Do something about Frost DK's. That's all I ask. Thank. - Sincerely, a stressed out resto shaman :(Totempig6 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 @Dillypoo dude bro i got my weapon and idk maybe its the plebs im fighting but maybe marks can do good? i know the spec lacks but are you 100%Ryutiz24 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 24, 2015 LF rshaman for !@# 2.0 - French if possible Hi , me and my friend are looking for a resto shaman to play !@# 2.0 ( UALock boomgod rshaman ). We are currently at 1.6k rating but we have 2.1k exp. We are looking for someone to push rating this season. Add my btag for more infos lel : ZergoV#1252 ------------ Salut , moi et mon ami on cherche un resto shaman pour LSD2 ( aff warlock , boomy et resto shaman). On est a 1.6k cr et on a 2.1k exp. On cherche un joueur constant pour push du rating cette saison. Ajoute mon Btag pour plus d'infos : ZergoV#1252Mcflurrylol0 Jul 24, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 How bout dem Warlocks? Keep buffing classes that need it blizzard. Enhance, Check! Warlocks Check! PvP logic. I wonder if blizzard even plays their games. This expansion is the biggest load of !@#$ I've ever seen. Not enough talent on the dev team.Shenmoo9 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 1700mmr feeling like 2k? I'm fairly casual at this game, but I've been around 2k mmr on a few toons last season and I know how it feels compared to 1700mmr. We reached around 1700mmr earlier and I was starting to feel a massive skill difference compared to the guys we played a few games earlier so I started armory'ing all of the people we played and almost every single person had at least 2.2k achieves. While it did feel nice to occasionally beat a 2.4k xp team, it also didn't feel nice to sit at 1.6k cr playing my áss off. Am I crazy or is it a ton harder to push in 2s right now? Will it get easier as the season progresses?Zoobap30 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 When locks get a well deserved nerf and then down syndromes like this reply to the lore. http://imgur.com/7bgsZBw this right here is an accurate reflection of the PvE WoW community. !@#$ these type of peopleParadise36 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Is arena bring removed next xpack Just wondering cause thats the direction the development team seem to be going with their class balance changes for PVE lately. PVE'rs have wanted this for a while will they get their wish in w/e the new expansion is? (Please note I mean pve cause nobody sane can look at locks atm and say they needed such dramatic damage increases for pvp).Tomjashroomy4 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Warlocks are really bad JK, I lied.Velsed1 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 <Game of Throats> Kel'Thuzad - Alliance New PVP guild beginning to recruit members. This is a reincarnation of a guild that disbanded in January, when a large portion of players quit the game. We focus primarily on RBGs with some Arena play. Most of us achieved the title of Marshal, back toward the middle of MOP. We are going to be looking for all of the RBG desirables: Shadow Priest, Balance Druid, Resto Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Rogue, Holy Paladin, Frost Death Knight, Affliction Warlock, Arms Warrior, and Mage. Must be either 2k+ experienced or willing to learn. Everyone must be willing to listen, regardless of previous accolades. RBGs will be run 9p - 11p, multiple nights per week. Spot priority will be given to those who attend regularly. Multiple groups will form, as needed, to satisfy different scheduling needs. Curse voice will most likely be the voice medium we use. A Mumble server will be available, as well, for socializing, Arena play, etc. Mature players only, please contact me in-game for more information. V1R4G3#1215Vïrage9 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Season participation and DKs are kill Can't sleep. 3 am. Has been days since I have monged, flagged, bagged, and tagged a mage or warlock. Log on. Decide 3s. Sign up for every 1800-2050 Shaman, Lock, and other viable potential teams. 2 hours. No accepts. Actually rejected by rivals. ;|Wolfsnight14 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Active players 2.2 + Looking for 2 partners with 2200 + experience and want to put the time and effort into push higher ratings. ADD EmilioM#1189Staynattykid0 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 ACTUAL REALLY BIG MAGE BUG I'm sure most of you hpalas have noticed, I sent a tweet some time ago but it's hard to fit in the bug while simultaneously passively aggressively downplaying the devs in a tweet If a mage spellsteals your Execution Sentence, it procs the big heal at the end of it's duration on the mage when the ability itself doesn't work that way. Unless this has been confirmed (with a source) that this is working as intended, this is not how the ability is designed to work.Ryutiz5 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 BIGGEST BUG. I can still que arena. Pls fix.Civelle4 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Dk/WW LF 2.4k exp HPal We are looking for a 2.4k exp HPal im 2.5k exp DK is 2.4k. Add me on btag @ Invis#1460Xueyu27 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Why is DK/DK/Healer A thing? I saw it beat some really good players last nightHungfuu9 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Comet Storm Castable While Silenced? Is this intended or a bug?Elloder0 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Sign Up Now for the NA Qualifier Cup 2! There’s still time to register your team for the second North American Online Qualifier Cup! Signups will be closing at 2 PM Pacific time (5 PM Eastern) on Monday, July 27. In order to be eligible, everyone on your team must have reached a 3v3 Arena Ladder rating of at least 2000. What’s more, the higher your ladder rating, the better position you’ll be given when we seed the brackets for the Online Qualifier Cup. We’ll be checking ratings at 2:30 PM Pacific time (5:30 PM Eastern) on Monday, July 27, so you’ve got until then to get your rating as high as you can! Remember, two teams will advance to the Americas Regionals in this Online Qualifier Cup. There, eight teams (six from North America, one from Latin America, and one from Australia & New Zealand) will fight for three chances to continue on to compete at BlizzCon for their share of the $250,000 prize pool. Of course, you can’t advance if you don’t sign up, so head over to Battlefy now and register your team. And don’t forget to tune in and watch the Round of 8 on Saturday August 1st at 2pm Pacific on twitch.tv/WoW!Lore0 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Welcome to WOD Where mistakes don't matter And good play isn't rewarded.Absterge2 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Lore has no knowledge about pvp, clearly. https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/623598694693122048 ;)Absterge25 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 2300xp DK LF 3's I'm 2340 on my dk last season and 2100 this season so far. I'm currently 2045cr if anyone wants to try and queue some 3's. I'd really like to try shadowcleave since all I seem to find are other melee trying to run people down. OrphanedLand#1504 or post your btag below and I'll add you.Belovedscrÿ4 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 [US][Kel'Thuzad] LF Holy Paladin for ATC I'm looking for a new 3v3 partner to play African turtle cleave with as my current healer is 15 and starting school soon. We're 1800 CR. MESSAGE ME @ buttercocoa#1458. I'm also fairly new to wow so even if you don't play pally I'd love to have some new PvPer friends add me!Buttercocoa0 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Godcomp questions. Is God Comp with an Rdruid better than with an Hpala since the Hpal nerfs? -how do the 2 comps differ? -How do you set up kills as both? Currently I'm running Hpal God Comp, what would be the best way to set up kills? Our set up: -Start of match: I get 3 orbs, the mage lands a poly on the healer, the Pally HoJs the kill target and I burst and Devouring, MB, and Mind Spike for a small burst. The mage also bursts. After that we wait until I get 5 orbs and the mage polys off-dps and polys him again after cleanse, then deeps the healer and I horror the kill target. Mage then polys the healer and our Pally HoJs the kill target and we try to land a kill. Is this the correct way to setup as Hpal God Comp? I usually try to save my silence/Fear for the healer if we don't kill in the Poly so I don't get much CC/stops on Polys or Aff damage. Should I be holding those? I don't often use Life Grip, when should I use it? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to better myself and find some info to help us out. Our queue session last night ended with going 18-19. TONS of Warlocks. Thanks for the help, guys! Any general tips would be awesome. EDIT: We also don't switch kill targets often. Once we pick a kill target at the start we rarely swap to anything. I don't think we've ever tried to go healer against any comp.Firewatcher7 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 balance Sometimes I 2 shot stuff, sometimes I dont. Game is balanced thusly.Faghag4 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 literally the most enraging arena ive seen. look. i know how 2s is. its unbalanced. ive been doing them since they came out. so inb4 "l2p" because i consider myself fairly decent at arenas and pvp in general. I was running with an hpal against feral mage. 20 minutes of: go mage? rooted cycloned sheeped deeped. i outplay the mage and get him in range? blazing speed. alter time across the arena. all while the feral heals. yes i was reflecting, yes using avatar, yes kicking. it was unpreventable. go feral? shapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshiftshapeshift. eventually the ferals god button was up and they killed my pally while i sat in CCs and roots. i think im done. i think i might just be done with this. the fact that this game has reached the point where broken and bull!@#$ mechanics let retards run around the arena and have ZERO skill to wait for a SINGLE CD to be up so they can land a kill is...i cant even find a word. thats how angry i am right now. /endrant.Iobotomize26 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Weekend event Does the BG event tomorrow give 500 conquest like the skirmish event?Adoptimus1 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Warlock Hotfix Inc Looks like they really are planning on nerfing them, and honestly it's a good one imo https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/624080705643917317Dillypoo39 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 lf hpal LF hpal for l$d leave btag :DJuãn3 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 rng gear = rng crits its an elementary formulaMargrethe0 Jul 23, 2015
Jul 23, 2015 Sub Rogue vs Spriest arena fun/difficulty How are spriests compared to sub rogues in their best comps in 2's and 3's? Ik spreists arent as good in 2's I'm mainly talking 3's in godcomp/splayAngrywalrus4 Jul 23, 2015