Arenas

Aug 11, 2015 LF popular opinion So, how do you guys feel about dank memes?Purrplex25 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 guys lets do something fun cuz 3s sure as !@#$ isnt fun, lets get all us arena forum regulars together and do something fun this week. plan a certain time and all be on to hit up gurubashi or have the long awaited rmp mirrors wargame and stream it or something like this we all seem awfully mopey lately and could use a pick me up leave suggestions below and we can organize a time yo or just got rp in goldshire like w/e u know im d2cyber hmu bun#1631Stinky6 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 ... This game is just frustrating now, more frustrating than anything.Palameow3 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 lf game to extend cap kid wont q with me because im not a wizard :\ plzTenby6 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 fls vs lsd3 is somehow even less fun to watch than godcomp v mls at wizzcon last yearMerphy1 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Fire Mage LF low cr alt 3s Trying to gear my alt mage through 3s. 2k cap remaining, and it now has a conquest weapon. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Exhilarate/advanced At 1700 cr, 1900 mmr (Main is 2100 cr). Prefer liberty/RMX I don't care what your exp is, but please be 1500+ cr. Magnanimity#1328Apricity8 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 LSD3 vs Turbo (Enh) Trying to figure out what comp to main.... haven't played enh since MoP I've personally had decent success so far this season with both but which comp would work better in the duelist-glad range?Mårius14 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Not fun. Warlock damage + healing nerf. Das poop.Babypuke6 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Sub Rogue Vs. Feral Can't decide between to the 2 but one to get one geared and practiced so i can queue more, any suggestions (I've played rogue longer but it seems feral is more viable right now :/)Jericko6 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Class suggestions Sooo for a while now I've been going crazy about what I want to main for the rest of WoD and going into the next EP and I just can't seem to figure out what I want to play. I'm looking for a class/spec that is typically always solid patch to patch/ep to ep and has a fun/rewarding playstyle something I wont fall asleep playing or become overwhelmed trying to learn to perfection. With that being said I'm open to any suggestions/comments on any class but druid mage locks and hunters xDDjwaldo2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 DK LF Scleave/Ebola Need homies to q with for the seasonMesjefflutio2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 solo'd by a hunter who used 5 abilities k http://i.imgur.com/UgsUYjj.jpg i know it's a BG but lol no berserk just regular CDs. uhhNotorious39 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 playing above 2k help.. I just got my just the two of us today. and while im no pro im excited to see myself progressing PvP wise. but at the end of the game the highest my mmr has been is 2080. idk how to be able to make that push above 2.1k and iwould like some advice on how to make that happen.or how i could improve my game, any thing is grateful thanks.Scathol12 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Casual player vs. current meta I have been an avid player since WOTLK. I love healing in pvp. But this game has gotten out of hand. Blizzard needs to wake up to the things that need to be changed. Damnitt blizz, if h pallies are op nerf just pallies. If affl locks are op, nerf just affl locks! This is terrible, I almost cannot heal through affl locks and laugh when I heal as a d priest. Blizzard does a great job of destroying some classes to bring other classes to how they should be. MW is an absolute joke, but H Pally is where they should be right? Blizz nerf what needs to be nerfed, buff what needs to be buffed and stop this in-between bs. The across the board nerfs and buffs DO NOT WORK. Not threatening here, nor do I think anyone will miss me but if this is how it will be, my sub will end. The game is no longer fun as a whole. I don't care when I lose an arena match because I was outplayed but when it was a class problem, that's where I draw the line. Compare ele to affliction?! HAHAShapesgalore10 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Best 3v3 Comp's Sadly monk is reeaaally bad right now so I'm looking to reroll to a better class, what are some good comps right now in 3's (so i can get a class pool to choose from) thanksFudgebrew2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 seriously locks blizzard..... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM A$$#0!3$ AGAIN???!!!!Turkeyjerkey2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Why you should never judge a book by its cove So I was sitting in stormshield late last night, at my horrible 1620 cr, and decided I wanted to run some turbo. I make my post in lfg and get a pretty cool enhance. So we're talking on curse waiting for a healer, and get 2 rdruids sign up. I whisper both to make sure they werent 0 cr, one was and the other never responded. Do a quick armory check, he's 1753 so I invite him. In the course of over 20 games, the only thing the guy says is f for feral against an fls, and ok at the end when I ask if he wants to play tonight. Every other thing we asked him we got no response. My god was this druid good. We won the first 15 or so games and lost maybe 3 the entire night, for a completely painless almost 200 cr gain. After we finish I pull him up on armory, and was surprised to see 3 rank 1 titles. Most people would have kicked him because he wouldn't respond to anything we said, sure glad I didn't. Tl:Dr My rating still sucks, sometimes you get lucky and pick up a rank 1 out of nowhere /endrantProtype26 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 rogues just have too much. they have 90000 defensives/peel options, and they have almost infinite mobility. not saying remove any of them, just saying something needs adjusted, like feint. talent should be nerfed by like 10%, or it needs a cool down, along with burst of skill.Lindair4 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 @Dilly! Orc OR Be Hunter PVP Trying to decide what to race change to on my Undead hunter. Transmog is pretty ugly on female orc. I like the the way a BE looks in xmog. Which is better pvp wise? Is the stun reduction and small AP buff better then focus regen and Silence?Achilliês15 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 History of Lock PvP and How to Fix Them Now This post will be broken down into phases: 1.) History of the lock in PvP 2.) Locks last season 3.) Lock changes into this season 4.) What makes locks mechanically OP 5.) What doesn't makes locks op 6.) What makes locks weak 7.) Lock abilities that should be revamped 1.) Locks started their grip on PvP as the supreme dampening class with the infamous SL/SL (Siphon Life/Soul Link) spec. This spec utilized DoTs, lots of self heals, and Nightfall procs, which gave an instant Shadow Bolt, along with cc chains and Searing Pain spam to score kills. Drain Soul wasn't even a thought, and Haunt did not exist. Back in these days, locks were Gods in 2s and certainly very dominant in 3s. However, they did have two weaknesses, as they have every season: their pets were practically kittens, and they had almost no mobility. The whole spec revolved around Soul Link, which required a pet. "Kill the pet, kill the lock" was pretty much the mantra of seasons 1-4 until DKs hit the scene (didn't play end of wotlk/cata/beginning of mop). So inevitably if you kill the pet, the lock would not be able to escape. From this stemmed the idea of buffing pets by giving them resilience (which didn't do much), and introducing Demonic Teleport into the game. However, damage didn't really change that much. The most significant changes came from increasing the level cap, which finally gave access to UA/SL (affliction) and CB/SL (Chaos Bolt/Soul Link; destro). So really, locks didn't change a whole lot, they just gained a couple of tricks. Eventually, they did add the "execute" mechanic to Drain Soul for Affliction during this time, which was pretty insane. It didn't take long to have it revamped. Case and point, locks remained the tanky, resilient caster that had pretty good cc and pretty good damage, but was manageable as long as you were patient and coordinated drinking properly. Locks evidently got a pretty huge buff in Cata, which I'm assuming is where they really took off and became unmanageable. Blizzard has a bad tendency to nerf one spec/class by buffing another, not really changing the one that was OP in the first place. I'm guessing this is more or less what happened between Destro and Affliction. 2.) People's main argument as to when locks became op is this new season (they buffed UA/corruption/CoA damage by a flat percentage). However, locks were not strongly represented in the previous season. Does this necessarily mean that locks were bad? No. In fact, locks were still pretty good last season. It just so happened that there were a lot of rogue and feral teams, which as everyone knows, absolutely crush locks. However, the fact that lock damage changed drastically and lock tankiness/survivability did not stands. The dependence on a pet and lack of mobility didn't change a whole lot, either. In theory, locks stayed true to their name. However, locks gained enough mobility and instant damage through soulburn teleport/soul swap to make up for these things. 3.) This brought about the stigma that maybe locks didn't do enough damage, because they were a minority on the ladder. It might have been this, combined with affliction's numbers being low (maybe PvE) that made the devs buff their damage. However, they still made no effort to improve or even change lock's mobility, cc, and pets/survivability. Mid season, they also gave any rot/dampener comp (ie any lock team) an unintentional buff with the 15% reduced healing mechanic. 4.) So now we have locks in their current state: a class that's capable of cc'ing moderately well and can also do immense spread damage or single target damage, while being quite tanky in most situations. Playing against a lock team almost certainly means your healer is going to be very frustrated and that you will have to sit him for a good portion of the game just to stop the damage. A lock with Dark Soul is basically the same concept as a Feral with Incarn: if you don't peel him, you're in serious !@#$. However, DS is on a shorter cd, making it quite a powerful mechanic. The other mechanic that makes Locks very strong is their ability to have crazy spread pressure on your whole team or just you while locking down another person. This is possible through Haunt being so versatile. Haunt used to have the same affect that Drain Soul has now (ie it made your DoTs hit you all at once), and Drain Soul was just an execute. Now, it kind of seems it's the opposite. This capability to change your gameplay should be seen as a good thing. However, at the scales that it's in right now, it's simply too strong.Qtpuppy14 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 WTB Gems in PvP You used to be able to actually customize your character/play style by stacking a certain stat with gems + enchants. I preferred that much more than this system where gems are non existent in pvp and enchanting doesn't feel fun or useful at all. You are just forced to enchant your best stat on 4 peices of gear to stay on an even playing field with everyone else. I can't be alone in this right?Loonytunes2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Confirmed ZERO PvP gear in Legion. Thoughts? Interview with Tom Chilton he confirms zero pvp gear for legion. He also talks about a couple pretty interesting changes to classes (survival, disc). He also talks about Dalaran sewers being a pvp free-for-all mode or something. I'd recommend watching it. /watch?v=trJiscnWZ8cMexcellent33 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 So Warlocks. Are they really going to spend the whole season in this state?Rahn10 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 so are the talent trees going to be split like dual spec? so instead of having 2 active talents trees at all times, do you turn one on and the other one gets turned off? orLindair4 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Still worth to use the proc trinket? I tested yesterday, it gives 300+ less intellect as it labelled. Should I still use the proc over the on-use?Kimøchi0 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 What if pvp gear was BiS for pve? How would all the carebears react? I am confident Blizz will not make pve be necessary to pvp but this is Blizz. I personally think they need to add pvp resil back. It's bad enough that classes are balanced around pve but force pvpers to pve. Imo pvp or what's left of it is what's keeping the game alive. If I wanted to strictly pve id play FF because they do it better but oddly enough WoWs pvp keeps me here. I have played many other MMOs along the way and keep coming back to wow because imo they do pvp better. Legion has a lot of potential but If you gut pvp you will lose a crazy amount of subs. Lastly I disagree with a tournament style pvp where gear is giving. I actually enjoy earning my gear. Basically Blizz Devs think hard before you do any crazy !@#$ to pvp (not that you read these) ThanksLennìx5 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 LF 2.4+xp Afflock for MonkLS NOW lf 2400+xp / 2k+cr Afflock for MonkLS right now, would like to play. be good/vocal if interested : Neptune#1826Untaintedx2 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 why are frostbolts hitting so hard? just got hit by a 43k one isnt a bit to much for a class dat spams cc,got the best mobility and bursts in the game? it feels like when i face a god comp,im always at around 60% when they start building their setupStëwie25 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Is there PvP gear at all in legion? Like is it something like 50 gold a peice and you just buy it quickly or do you automatically get gear once you enter an arena/bg?Evori0 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 11, 2015 Raid Gear>PvP Gear in Legion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJiscnWZ8c 10 min Whoosh (^:Carrymasterx4 Aug 11, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 seeking 2200 exp enhance for beastcleave the mm enhance dream swampdonkey#1153Swampllama0 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Arena is a feeling game not a numbers game! Just want to point this out to people who say something is or isn't OP based on a CD or tooltip. This ability can ONE shot but don't cry about because it's a 5 min CD. This other ability allows a class to stay on his target in melee range with 99.9% uptime. But don't complain here because any rank 1 will tell you that you can use 5 of your own class abilities with 10x+ the CD of the offending class's to counter it for mere seconds. This ability does over 100k but can only be used when you are below 45% HP so just stay above that and you have no say in the matter. This class needs this OP ability or else they will be homogenized down to this other class. If an ability feels OP, it is. It's not about the cast time, CD, how many counters you have, or if it only works when a certain amount of stars align. Yes it takes skill to counter some things in this game, as it should. If you let another class do something that can be countered, easily or NOT, then you deserve to be punished. I just ask that the punishment isn't certain and immediate death.Flowdeluxe1 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 You know what, don't nerf affliction. Games are long enough, leave affliction alone. In fact, buff other classes damage and just tone down CDs a tad on every class. Bring back the potential for a fast-paced 2 minute skill-fest game that Wrath was so infamous for, I'm so bored.Mom11 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 its taking for ever to get rating omg,i have almost 100 wins and im not even 2k yet ><Ðemise11 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 You're upset about the 15% healing nerf? The other team has a healer, too, you know. I feel bad for disc priests, and to a lesser extent, MWs, however, the healer on the other team has the same issues you do. They lost 15% too. It all evens out. It makes for a lot more stress on a healer, and they feel responsible for losses, but honestly, when you're playing with a combination of 2 feral/hunter/warr/DK/rogue/lock and they're being out-dps'd by 20% and you're sitting in CC the entire match because they aren't interrupting, then you need to get better partners. Additionally, if your DPS are out-dps'ing the other team by 20%+ but aren't interrupting CC or heals at all, and you lose because you fall behind, then you need to get better partners. The nerf isn't to blame. The other team was nerfed too. If I'm playing DPS, unless my healer is sitting in the center too much or wasting tons of globals not doing anything productive, then I know when one of us dies it's usually our fault, not the healer's. The healer only has 1 trinket, and when you run out of his range and he gets stuck in a CC in the middle of the map because the DPS isn't interrupting them, then that's not the healer's fault.Keyon33 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Gearing in legion Lore you have said yourself a lot of players way of enjoying the game is gearing up to stomp people harder. If there is no pvp gear in legion, what is the progression for those types of people now? One of my favorite things to do is gear up through random bgs and a lot of other people like that too. Is that all going away?Thepälly0 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 If your name isn't Geckz Apparently you aren't allowed to que Disc priest in 3v3 arena in US, So I need as least fanboi name that contains Geckz in it. K Go your help is appreciatedNoequalgodxx14 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Mistweaver 3v3 Questions This is my first season as mistweaver. I've played around 2300 in the last 2 seasons as holy paly, enhance and warrior. Although I've read about TSG, smokebomb, and turbo being the most successful comps for mistweavers, I've had the most synergy running thunder cleave, lock/rogue, and ebola this season. I've tried all of these comps and I've had more success with less common comps. I've played around 1900 mmr with thunder which has probably been the most successful for me this season. I realize because I almost always pug, the skill of each individual is different - but I try my best to seek out players of the same CR and experience. I'm curious as to why at a higher rating these comps aren't as common and why the cookie cutter comps for mistweavers are so prevalent? Why is TSG/turbo/smokebomb so much better? Is there a high ranked mistweaver out there that can give me some pointers?Kivano9 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Legion - PvP gear or not? PvE BiS? so dont totally understand, are they saying that pvp gear doesnt exist at all, and the only gear to get is pve gear? or is it there will be pvp gear still, but there will be alot of pve gear thats better? didnt really get itUntaintedx6 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 MW PvP/Arena Help Hello! I've been pvping casually on this character off and on since they came out in MoP, and I've healed in PvP on every other healing class before, but for some reason I am having a really hard time doing certain things with MW that I see other MWs doing well at? For the life of me, I cannot assist my 2s partner with DPS except for the rarest of occasions. I have a hover-over macro addon so I can be targeting the enemy focus at all times and still heal my partner and myself, but anytime I stop to DPS/swap to fistweaving, I die or get just demolished. Its pretty similar in BGs. I'm either completely unsure how to add bits of DPS to support my team or when I should/can fistweave. With my shaman, I could target the focus, heal, and hit my instant earth shocks... on my druid I could throw a quick wrath or moonfire, but with monk I can't find a way to safely and quickly assist in DPS. Thanks for any advice offered!Ilsava2 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 so uh how do i actually get into groups as a ww monk? it's even hard to with 2300 exp EDIT: oh, I don't.Joeku0 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Parry VS Dodge in PvP I did some checking during arenas, then later tested it on a friend. Even with the same (well very close .06 different in favor of parry) chance percentage Parry happens far more often than dodge. We then switched roles and I stood there for him doing nothing. My Strength based characters avoided almost twice as many attacks as my druid with Dodge, even with my druid being far better geared and a much higher percentage chance to avoid. Am I missing something? Is this explained somewhere?Babybit3 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Skirmish queues you by yourself Please fix this. Thanks.Aberon6 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 5s is dead, maybe try replacing with 4s? Queues for me (at 1800mmr) are taking a minimum of 20 minutes each, often times it simply doesn't pop at all even after an hour~ in the queue. There's no incentive for it any more except a few players going for Arena Master (which has become hard af to get now without the ability to do 5s). Imo, either take 5s req out of Arena Master ach and call it a day for 5s, or try replacing it with 4s, maybe add the titles back in and see what happens?Steaktotem10 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 [Speculation inside] Hard Counter to DHs Obviously, this is loose speculation. All we really know about DH is that it will wear leather, use daggers/swords ,and play like a combination of a Rogue and Warlock. So they'll be some DOTplay, some energy-based moves, finishers, burst. Stuff like that. I doubt their moves will bypass armor like some of Rogue abilities do, so my guess is Death Knight for a hard counter. What are your thoughts? P.S. I put a speculation warning on the thread title, so that if for some reason that sort of thing bothers you, you wouldn't bother reading. I did that as a courtesy to you.Vïrage25 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Do we have to PvE for PvP gear in Legion? I am having a hard time understanding how PvP gearing is going to work next expansion... If they're taking out the conquest gearing format in favor of a talent system, then how do we get competitive gear? I don't imagine we can just hit 110, then start pvping in our greens, and be chill with just the talents. I really don't want to have to raid to be able to get into rbgsReward5 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Fire Mage LF 2v2 and 3v3 Partners (Alliance) I capped over 9000 conquest points last night running pug 2v2's outside of skype with different players I ran across. Here are some games from last night I threw in a video for a idea. ... I am not a high rated player, I need practice, I don't always pay attention to the DR, I don't always maximize cc duration, etc. I do use full keybinds, I normally won't let a chaos bolt, or a heal go off if I have cs up or am in range for a dragon's breathe, etc. Right now I sit in Stormshield doing the "LF 2v2 partner", never knowing what I am going to get. One DK didn't know about AMS, one player may not use nameplates and has no idea what anyone's health is or who their suppose to be attacking. One player may not even know their own classes basic rotations, the list goes on. I am just looking for some players on my level with arena, some players I can practice with and get better with. I am moved in my own place now, I finally have the time to focus on arena. GIve me a shout if you want to play.Russell5 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 [H] 2k cr people add me Rourk#1880 Add me on btag for fun times.Rourky0 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Denounce is op against fury wars.. Fury is built off of crit, if that is taken away, the warriors are useless.. if pallys can just sit there and denounce and bubble away.Thaddaios33 Aug 10, 2015
Aug 10, 2015 Disc Priests Are there any comps that disc is actually good in, and why are they bad right now?Jericho19 Aug 10, 2015