Battlegrounds

Jul 12 Alliance sucks I went I !@#$ you not 0-20 playing Bgs as alliance today, this is completely unacceptable and ruins the fun of the game. Idk if it's the retards playing my faction or what but something needs to changeKrònús125 Jul 12
Jul 12 healer balance deep six is further proof that healers give one side way to much of an advantage in random bg's. My win loss ratio isn't bad at all but every time the opposing faction has a healer specially priest we always lose. Bg's need to give each side equal amount of healers or none at all.Sepherious5 Jul 12
Jul 12 Create a brawl My dumb idea: [Uh oh, too many flags!] (Twin Peaks): There are 3 flags now per side. A red flag, blue flag, and yellow flag for both factions. Each flag can only be capped while its respective flag is not held (i.e, can't cap enemy red flag while your red flag is in their hands, etc). Oh also since there are additional flags, player size reduced by 20%Byniri5 Jul 12
Jul 12 best class to chase and solo/1v2 flag carryr what would be the best class to chase down and solo a flag carrier? I pretty much only do bg's cuz I am a casual pleb.Trueshot9 Jul 12
Jul 12 19 Rogue twink 5stack Title says it all lets git er done!Igonnagetcha8 Jul 12
Jul 12 70s thread of we're not back Welcome to the current 70's thread, revised and re-written for World of Warcraft: Legion. DON'T FORGET TO RE-LOCK YOUR EXPERIENCE GAINS! --OVERVIEW-- (7.0 7/11/16) With the release of Legion, Level 70 twinks are expecting a plethora of major changes. These changes include Principles of War for gear normalization, Crates of Battlefield Goods to help players below level cap receive gear from battlegrounds, Legacy Set Bonus locks which negate the effects of wearing multiple pieces of Tier set gear, and Locked/Unlocked Battleground merging, which finally brings players with their experience locked to battlegrounds of players with unlocked experience. --PVP-- --PRINCIPLES OF WAR: In instanced PvP, you no longer gain different stats from your gear. Instead, all characters now have a pre-determined set of stats depending on your specialization. Every point of item level will increase these stats by 0.1%. For level 70s, the hard item level cap is 176, depending on your class. As a level 70, you should realistically expect to queue against players at level 79, perhaps using some Cataclysm blues to gain item level advantages. WoD has given you plenty of time to equalize yourselves against these players, so be prepared. --LEGACY SET/GEAR BONUS LOCKS: Enchants, trinkets, and passive effects on gear (including haste buff from Warglaives) will become deactivated within Battlegrounds and Arenas. This also includes Tier Set bonuses from wearing at least 2 pieces of gear from the same Tier. All Spirit on gear is being changed to Versatility*, but WoD's popular Versatility stat is no longer granted through enchants or gear anyways. It is up to the knowledge of your specialization to contribute. --LOCKED/UNLOCKED BATTLEGROUND MERGE*: Players who have locked their experience will now be matched with players who have their experience unlocked, meaning twinks will regularly be playing with non-twinks within Battlegrounds and Skirmishes. --SKIRMISHES: Skirmishes place you and your teammate(s) against another team of the size you queued for. You may queue solo to be partnered with a complete stranger, or you may queue as a group according to the size of the skirmish you choose. If solo queueing, healers will always partner a DPS, and comps will always play out with mirror queued roles. For example, queueing Healer+DPS will always queue against Healer+DPS, but it isn't guaranteed that someone queueing as Healer will actually take the role (i.e. DPS queueing as Healer.) --GEAR AND STATS-- If you have questions about which stat would be best to stack on your gear, refer to the passives in your spellbook, as each spec retains a 5% increase to a certain off-stat, which designates what may be best for you in PvE. It is highly recommended to play with either a mixture of Brutal Gladiator's gear and Sunwell T6.5, or just full Sunwell gear, as these pieces retain the highest Item Level benefits for the best possible damage/healing you can put forward. If you're interested in purchasing Brutal Gladiator's gear, it is now purchased with Marks of Honor*, which are obtained from Battlegrounds and Skirmishes. Brutal Gladiator gear vendors can be located in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A majority of this gear is not currently available for Monks*. If you're curious why the professions tab is missing, it's because professions no longer retain stat bonuses to having them learned or giving unique bonuses. Your preferred professions will be your best ones. Good luck. --WHAT SHOULD I PLAY?-- (Currently, refer to http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc to check out new talents, spells, and levels needed to learn new spells. Level 70s do not earn PvP Talents) --GUILDS-- Horde: <Inspect Me> - Area 52 <Inspect Me> Azuremyst Alliance: <Legacy WoW> - ScarletCrusadePälädin232 Jul 12
Jul 12 Double honor in BG even when loosing? Bandaid1 Jul 12
Jul 12 Remove Factions from Rated Remove factions for RBGs and Arenas. Doing so would increase the pool of players to group with while having no detrimental effects on actual rated play. Enable cross faction whispering as well. The RP isnt worth the cost to PvP.Heckindoggo1 Jul 12
Jul 12 You should be able to merc at lower levels i am leveling my horde hunter at the moment and sometimes i get a battleground queue of more than 1 hour. the only thing i like doing in wow are battlegrounds. i don't like pve. if i could merc as ally and get a fast queue time that would be awesome.Zartor6 Jul 12
Jul 11 Deep Six Suggestion Board Suggestions if 6v6 were to replace 10v10: Add Twin Peaks and (maybe)Gilneas (to the current 3 maps in the 6v6 pool) Add Role Check when Queuing (similar to Arena/Dungeon system) -Maximum 2 healers -0 Tanks OR disable Vengeance DH Leaps (Infernal Strike) Maybe make maximum resources to win 1000 (instead of 1600) Rename Random Battlegrounds to Battleground Skirmish Rename Rated Battleground to Battlegrounds (Battlegrounds will be the Rated version) -For simplicity/consistency with the Arena name system Add Berserk buff to the 6v6 pool, but make it 20% damage bonus Add a Mana buff (Not leaf) with maybe a 20% mana regeneration buff lasting 1 minute. -Similar to Red/Blue buffs in league of legendsAzazazazazaz4 Jul 11
Jul 11 Battleground TOYs NOT Fixed YOU said you were going to fix this. You lied!!! http://i.imgur.com/rmLITg0.jpg Proximity Alarm o Bot 2000 Error reads you cannot use this in pvp instance http://i.imgur.com/hkzI0W2.jpg Gazlowe's Gargantuan Grenades Error reads you cannot use this in pvp instance http://i.imgur.com/kjsP0jH.jpg Disposable FLying Machine Error reads you cannot use this in pvp instanceMordecaí4 Jul 11
Jul 11 Melee are Out of Control in PVP Title says it.Jeremoose113 Jul 11
Jul 11 Deepsix...Silvershard Mines whelp there goes alliance.Xieleo11 Jul 11
Jul 11 If you're nerfing healers mana regeneration.. At least let them drop combat properly. While I agree that the nerf was in a good direction, a lot of the time it can take over 10 seconds to begin drinking.Avelyn0 Jul 11
Jul 11 @ Blizzard Brawl Deep Six issue. Need to start getting players to back fill this if someone leaves. Kind of a big deal. Not fun for either side. If someone leaves the game is basically over and there is no point in staying.Fran0 Jul 11
Jul 11 You cannot use this item in a PvP instance Both rainbow generator and piccolo of the flaming fire no longer work... It was always fun to use them in battlegrounds! Please return it to how it was! There was nothing wrong with using them... update: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755717135?page=5#post-83Furrlex85 Jul 11
Jul 11 How to get started in rated BG's? I'm not necessarily a new player, but I've played REALLY casually over the last five years or so. Mostly stuck to casual battlegrounds and LFR. Never joined a guild or talked to too many people, so I never picked up on how I start those sorts of things. But I'm still really interested in it and I've been playing a lot more seriously than I used to. So my quest is how do I get started doing rated BG's? Do I need to be in a guild? Pretty much everything in the group finder requires rating, which I don't have. All help appreciated!Vallesta6 Jul 11
Jul 11 Level 60 Horde PvP Vendor? Where is the Horde PvP vendor? There's an Alliance level 60 vendor with full Field Marshall gear, but I dont see the Horde vendor anywhere. It's not in Hall of Legends where it should be. What's the story? Only Alliance get level 60 gear?Myrdiin31 Jul 11
Jul 11 Alliance...Hold your Head UP! My fellow Alliance sisters and brothers....these last couple of days have been challenging to put it nicely. I know this all too well as I too felt the weight of the Horde. They attacked swiftly and dealt mighty blows in their wake. Lose one match then another...then another...come close on another only to lose by a couple of points...and so on. It was not until this past Monday until it felt like the storm had passed and we began to win again. But all weekend it was like a wrecking ball. I am saying all this to say..... .....when it feels like nothing is working and all is lost. Type something positive in chat. Inspire your teammates. Play hard and above all play to win.... ....and you will have your fun! Phroz40 Jul 11
Jul 11 So rbg's eh https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/lovelornlol/achievements/player-vs-player/rated-battleground https://imgur.com/a/zKlvKZensualsurge4 Jul 11
Jul 11 If you could pick 1-2 spells Geared towards PVP, If you had the chance to bring back 1 crazy spell or 2 crazy spells what would you pick. I was thinking...... -Warlocks Drain mana -Priest Mana Burn I would be most interested to see how this would play out in current BG's mostly.Drpane37 Jul 11
Jul 11 What's the deal with mismatched games? Hi people, Lately I've been getting games where we go at least 2 to 5 mins into the game without a full team. This makes a big difference in the outcome of the bg, esp small 10 man ones. Is there any reason that we can't start with full teams on either side? Got around 6/7 of these in the past week. Just started taking screenshots in case anyone is interested. Wondering if it's intended for games to begin with mismatched teams or a bug? ThanksBizznizz11 Jul 11
Jul 11 Nerf casters. Warriors are in a fine place. They're mobile, do a fair amount of damage and are quite squishy; with little in the way of defensives. They are shut down easily by slows, and snares. However we have another thread about them (or melee in general) every day from casters that refuse to learn to play the roll of their spec in PvP, and demand that players behave like immobile raid bosses. But let's talk about nerfing the real problem specs in PvP; CASTERS. Specifically, frost mages, balance druids, and affliction warlocks. Brainless specs that require little skill to play and shut down melee classes without any room for counter play. At least melee can be kited, rooted, or snared. Meanwhile these caster specs (among others) will play the whole match out of reach. Either by fearing, freezing or removing all slows and snares instantly. Caster harpies will downvote this, but this is directed at you Blizzard! Nerf their CC and self healing into the ground, please. Thank you!Roderek36 Jul 11
Jul 11 You should be able to merc at lower levels i am leveling my horde hunter at the moment and sometimes i get a battleground queue of more than 1 hour. the only thing i like doing in wow are battlegrounds. i don't like pve. if i could merc as ally and get a fast queue time that would be awesome.Zartor0 Jul 11
Jul 11 Is Veng jumping levels in WSG ok? Vengeance can hop between levels in the WSG base using Demonic Leap. You can get around the 'No Path Available' using double jump, I just wasn't able to verify if this is an exploit or not. There seems to be a lot of opinions on both sides of the argument, and I just want to know if Blizz would view this as exploiting. Does anyone have a source as to whether or not this is okay to do?Venarya20 Jul 11
Jul 10 Address The BG Queue Exploits ... v Original Post v Introduce an increased Deserter Debuff, which carries a timer of ONE HOUR (of actual logged-in time, account-wide), to any deserting player, who entered the BG via the Join As Group option. Further (and most importantly); whenever one person, in a party/raid, deserts the Battleground early (especially if the countdown hasn't fully finished, or the team roster hasn't fully filled), every member of their party/raid should also gain the same increased Deserter Debuff. It is sooo obvious when large groups are cheesing the queue. Everyone knows this is going on. The only people who would say otherwise, are those who either use the exploits themselves, or those who don't actually do enough Random BGs to have developed an informed opinion. These changes would only effect those players cheesing the queues group-size limits. Players following Blizzards rules would rarely (if ever) see this version of the Deserter Debuff.Pandarenmonk83 Jul 10
Jul 10 BM Hunter in Bgs Anyone else experiencing an ungodly amount of pets in battlegrounds lately? I just played a battleground and during the team fight it felt as if we were fighting against ten hunters with all of the target clutter running around. After looking at battleground targets I saw there was only one hunter and no other class that has pets. Not gonna lie it maybe the team fight almost impossible to win with too maybe targets.Savagedeclan4 Jul 10
Jul 10 PvP and The Nerfs that Need to Be done Lets See where to Start 1 Fire mages and their Greater Pyro Blast Hit for well over 2 Million damage 2 Deso Locks and Their Chaos Bolt 3 Balance Druid and their Artifact weapons Ability Full Moon 4 Demon hunters Dps they should not have a Dodge ability in Dps in Tank Yes. They should Damage Reduction in Dps, Tank in PvP is way Over Powered that alone they can take on 5 dps and stay almost full Health is Beyond Bull and...... Finally for Demon hunter Tank a Tank should never be able to Beat a Damage Based Class. This right Proves just how Unbalanced The Pvp System Really is but Hey Lets Nerf Warriors Some more Right. I am Still gonna play my Warrior i just think that Blizzard really need to rethink some Classes in PvpWårfang39 Jul 10
Jul 10 Random BG awards ilvl 860? Hey guys, Is random BG only supposed to give ilvl 860 baseline gears? Isn't that a little low? I've been getting them for the past month and I remember season 3 gave about the same level of gears. How does that make any sense? This kinda forced me to PvE to gear up.Spikiera3 Jul 10
Jul 10 tanks in world pvp this is retarded and everyone knows itWutlulz32 Jul 10
Jul 10 Rogue Trick Vanish Exploit!!! Hello, So i was doing a rbg and was base sitting i see a vengeance dh coming in so i call out inc. I have my pet on flag and i am standing far away. A rogue saps me i don't trinket dh hasn't started to get flag yet my Flare goes away. Now at this point the dh comes in he Incaps my pet the rogue then Vanishes the DH and blinds me. I then trinket blind to try to FLARE i get put into a full kidney. The DH CAPS the flag from STEALTH with the rogues trick vanish. Is it intended that you can cap flags from stealth with rogues trick vanish ?>Surval25 Jul 10
Jul 10 Question about randoms This has probably been asked multiple times. Is there any talk about adding Wintergrasp and Tol Barad to the random bg list at any point in the future?Joua2 Jul 10
Jul 10 Rsham, Hpriest, or Rdruid for random bgs? Rsham, Hpriest, or Rdruid for random bgs? I can't decide on my next healer and I was hoping to just chill in some random bgs every once in a while for a bit of fun. I enjoy MW monk but I was looking for a different class with good survive and decent mobility. My friends are split between Hpriest and Rsham. Thoughts? And thank you for your time.Slinkslink8 Jul 10
Jul 10 Combatant gear & Echoes of Battle I enjoy Battlegrounds as a casual activity in between Arena matches and I would just like to offer one bit of feedback on this topic. For the time spent in Battlegrounds, the honor distribution is more than fair. Wins almost always reward a piece of gear but after progressing through your first 50 ranks you most likely always out gear the need for Combatant gear. The Current System: Once you are capped on combatant gear you essentially obliterate the rest of the gear into echoes of battle. Combatants gear award 1 Echo of battle while Gladiator Gear awards 15. You can then use these Echoes to purchase a single piece of Gladiator gear for the price of 100 Echoes. Recommended Change: Increase the Echoes awarded from Combatants gear to 5 rather than 1 so that the time spent in battlegrounds can have a meaningful feel of "getting closer to that next piece". The current system feels as if I'm better off selling the item for gold as Gladiator pieces yield 15 times the Echoes of Battle. Let me know what you guys think!Hookahboo1 Jul 10
Jul 10 Tanks If you play tank in pvp you were adoptedBoomxic17 Jul 10
Jul 10 Arcane teleport to second level Can anyone tell me how the mage gets back to the second floor with the flag around the 10 min mark? Some type of timewalk ability? https://youtu.be/o0BDCVkh_mo?t=590 @ 10:00 one arcane mage drops down @ 10:05 the priest is on the floor entering in from the other side. The other mage has cast greater invis hiding himself and the boomy on the platform with me. @10:06 boomy is out and flag is still in its location @10:07 The mage on the ground is running for the flag @10:08 Both mages are on the platform and the one that dropped down has the flag I don't play an arcane mage, what am I missing here?Tenacius2 Jul 10
Jul 10 Simple Suggestion Dear Blizzard, here are some simple suggestions for random battlegrounds: 1) Do better matching; Please don't continue to put 3-4 healers on one team, with 0-1 healer on the other. While having equal numbers of healers is no guarantee that it will be a "good" game, the imbalances almost always guarantee a bad game. Its like you're doing FIFO queueing -- stop it please. If we have to wait a little longer for a more reasonable game so be it. A team with an over abundance of heals vs one with none is not fun at all for the team in the lacking column. These mismatches happen frequently. 2) More strict punishment for quitters. A lot of us are tired of playing 5v10 or 8v15 after 2-3 minutes. Not fun. If people cant handle losing maybe they should stay out of the bgs for a few hours instead of 15 minutes.Meltrix2 Jul 10
Jul 10 Quality of life change for random BG's when you join a bg already in progress you kinda just spawn in sometimes in a room full of enemy players with no ability to change your talents or any sort of preparation time. in this game most classes have talents that lean towards pve or pvp, and its frustrating to enter a (probably loosing) in progress bg and then not be able to function 100% because you cant switch to your pvp talents. all im asking is that when someone enters a pvp instance in progress give them a 30 second invisibility and immunity buff that allows them to change talents. Any offensive action or leaving the starting area would instantly remove this buff. this is a huge quality of life change that just helps people from being blindsided when they are out questing get a bg que pop and then join one in progressYosifui12 Jul 10
Jul 9 NERF ALL ROGUE SPECS Once upon a time in an Alterac Valley, I, Larryfine 6 v 1ed while defending TP. Using only cheap shot and 100-0ing everyone in my path. True Story.Larryfine14 Jul 9
Jul 9 Best melee / ranged class for pvp right now? Ok guys I am unhappy with my class on pvp and thinking about rolling a new class. Which melee and ranged classes are the very best right now on pvp?Thyphonium39 Jul 9
Jul 9 Third Wind Potion I just got my first two of these I guess. A 50% heal on a potion cooldown... Getting these out of champion's strongboxes instead of the regular ancient healing potions is amazing, but I can't help but think these are REALLY strong to be something that is extremely limited in availability.Horthas8 Jul 9
Jul 9 Anyone else find PVP frustrating? Like I know CC has been a big part of this game since it's inception, but. I've always been really big into PVP in this game. Warsong Gulch and AB are places I spent my childhood. Even in MoP at the hight of CC I could handle it. The problem is that with how much they've taken away from me to prevent CC, I feel useless. Single DK decides he wants to chains of ice me for the entire BG? Nothing I can do to stop it. That warrior who just charged me and stormbolted me? Let me mind control him and, when he trinkets it immediately, Chastise him so I can run away- Nevermind, he leaped right back on me. Oh, there's hamstring again. I dunno, I did random BGs for years and years and I used to enjoy them so !@#$ing much but nowadays it's just an exercise in frustration. If just one or two people on the enemy team know what to do, I'm useless. They don't even have to kill me, just spam slow on me to keep me from getting to anyone and there's literally nothing I can do about it. I just wish I had more ways to be in control of my character, I dunno. Bit of a 4am ramble, BG after BG after BG, at this point it doesn't even matter if it's a win or a loss because it's going to be exhausting or frustrating either way. Why even queue? If you don't find it frustrating please, what kinda mindset do you play with? I try to be optimistic and for a game or two it's there, but spending over an hour going into bgs where I'm just sat there stunned or slowed or interrupted with nothing to do, watching my teamates die around me. It's getting really tiring, especially because this wasn't like this before legion.Lárisa49 Jul 9
Jul 9 Never any BG groups in LFG? Just curious why this is (edit~ just realized this might be a forum that RBGers use too -- I'm talking about random BGs)Darkcupcake0 Jul 9
Jul 9 What not to do... Blizzard has become the example of what not to do for pvp for game devs. I honestly think they laugh when reading our comments and complaints. Replacing PVP vendors for RNG strongbox has to be there best way to troll players lolz. Another fun example is PVP trinkets that don't work in pvp lolz. These guys have to be sitting around just having a good time. P.S. I honestly think they hate balance druids lolz.Drpane6 Jul 9
Jul 8 Honor talents max So you only get 3 honor talents per row ? Or six altogether ? I am honor level 27. How does it work please ?Ellindell3 Jul 8
Jul 8 GG Last night I played 8 bgs and went 4-4 Every game was a close game either team winning in the last minute. Even when we lost, we lost because the other team dug deep and out played us. It was frustrating, yet strangely satisfying. Thank you to the horde and ally players it was good to see nobody leaving early and everyone smashing until the fat lady was singing.Joanouse2 Jul 8
Jul 8 Games starting 5v10 Why Joined a game that apparently started 5 players vs 10 for a full 3 minutes. Why is that even allowed to happen? There's no way you can salvage a start like that. You're just boned from the beginning.Byniri6 Jul 8
Jul 8 Removing fun from BGs I don't understand why you would remove the ability to use toys in BGs, while not a huge issue, why? Potions - Why can't you use potions anymore? Even more ridiculous, if you remove potions, why would you allow engineering items? Enchants - Why are we removing enchants from BGs? These are not rated battlegrounds, this is casual PvPing. (weapon enchants) Allowing only one profession (engineering) to PvP and not the rest seems unreasonable and just pointless. With how terrible world PvP is and the slowly diminishing fun from casual BGing, PvP is continuing to go down hill.Conjurebooze3 Jul 8
Jul 8 Holy priest invincible Repeatedly I see many people training a holy priest and it is just completely invincible, every other healer dies fast with 2 dps on it, even fighting through peels. this one though doesn't even need peels and can survive 3+ people just freely training it? and it has greater fade? wtf?Aspacegoat15 Jul 8
Jul 8 Make a surrender option for bgs TitleYveltäl28 Jul 8