Battlegrounds

Apr 8, 2013 Target Calling Guide - Rated Battlegrounds Just finished an RBG target calling guide that I've been working pretty hard on today. I think it will be useful for anyone new to RBGs! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPYjPCRzDzQDiffusion7 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Rated BG Group Hello WoW Forums. I'm a 1700 HPAL looking to progress. I'd like to find a very steady group. I also have a 1500 Hunter alt if anyone wants him to join too. #RyNicholas1645Niccom0 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Getting 1-shot in BG's Been doing random BG's lately and find that I'm getting 1-shot by protection warriors. In one instance, i was at full health and was hit for 5346 by a single shield slam. I have 4703 health. And while I may not be in full heirlooms, it's not like I'm wearing whites. I understand imbalance is unavoidable, but this isn't imbalance, it's broken. This wasn't world pvp where a tank can build vengeance pulling mobs and then destroying people, this was a leveling battleground at the 50-54 bracket. This is one of those game-stops-being-fun things. Fix it, please.Åsclepius39 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Looking for a server horde side. I've decided to give horde a try. I am looking for a realm that is active PVP wise. I also don't want to be on a server that is the !@#$ of WoW (Tich). No offense. I'm looking for active PVP with a good community. Any tips? Thank you.Needfriend4 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 5.3 is still bad (Another complaining post) So I am sure many players won't care or will be happy (because I complain a lot on the forums about pvp) but thankfully in 5.3 I have no plans of continuing to play until blizzard either hires an outside contractor to fix their pvp system or makes a serious attempt to fix it themselves. I know many players will claim that is what 5.3 is supposed to do, however if you look at the facts with intelligence and logic you can see they are doing the opposite of what they claim to do. Their first claim is that they are trying to make it easier for new players to get into pvp. There are several ways we can see this is not true. First of all many players who want to get into pvp try to skip the arena gear grind by raiding and using that gear as a base to establish themselves. The item level cap across all pvp prevents players from doing this. Conquest gear has an ilvl of 496 and is 40% more powerful than the gear raiders would be scaled down to because of pvp power (all other states are very close to each other) Elite conquest gear is also 496 and is 20% better (approximately) than the normal set so it establishes an even further gap between "new players" and pvp grinders. Honor gear is the most logical step players can take to help normalize the gear gap in pvp but even honor gear is so much worse than conquest gear it is unbelievable. So in 5.3 we can basically see blizzard is saying "As a new player in order to get into pvp you must first grind lots of pvp to get gear to even stand a chance, then you can try it" If you don't use pvp gear in pvp you WILL lose badly and constantly. Pvp gear is not simply something you can get, you NEED to grind arenas or by the time you get enough gear to close the gap a new season will be out and you will need to grind again. All blizzard really needed to do was the 65% res thing and not put in an item level cap. There are two things to consider when examining the qualities of a game: Does difficulty increase time spent on the game or does time simulate difficulty? and We know random belongs in a game but is a game really fun when it is entirely random? Think about your sports teams, lets say soccer and football since they are pretty common. If a Football team walked onto the field and they went to do the kick off and the kicker ran up to the ball, stopped and rolled a die to check his kick then if the ball was successfully kicked the kick returner had to roll a die to check if he catches it and if he is successful he starts to run up field and a tackler runs up to him and they stop and roll die against each other to see if a tackle is made.... I think you get the idea. That would be pretty damn boring and not at all about skill. Same goes for soccer what if all these teams had to roll dice for every action they take. You want to make a pass to your team mate? Roll a die to see if you are accurate... oh no a defender was standing in the way... but its ok because he needs to roll a die to intercept your pass... HEY! if rolled badly and didn't get it and the pass makes it to your team mate and now he needs to roll a die to see if he controls the ball properly when receiving it. AGAIN!!! pretty damn boring and not about skill. ANYONE can see this, yet WoW has this same mechanic and a cult like following that insists dice are about skill. As a professional designer I can understand the modern game design model very easily. The thing I can't understand is how even a minor influx of temporary success can make people think this model is worthwhile. It will do irreparable damage to the businesses who fall into it. SEGA did this same thing when they were competing with Nintendo and look what happened to them.Poptaarts3 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 How do people talk I heard that people can talk durning pvp. It looks pretty fun can someone tell me how to get started with this?Talthis4 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 worth "twinking" a hunter at 85? i have a main of 7 years (holy/ret) for doing my dailies, lfr's, 5 mans, you know my main achievement guy so i wanted something different with this alt. is it worth turning off my XP at 85 and just BG'ing and getting pvp pieces or the ilvl 450 ones as i can afford them, or is 85 a bad bracket for hunters or is there any action at 85 or rather i guess 89 should be the lvl i stop,right?? or just lvl to 90 and BG there? any thoughts what i should do with this guy?Doggsaron15 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 PvP armor never matches.... The introduction of trasnmog sort of fixed this but does anyone else get incredibly mad when you're a hybrid class and your DPS PvP set has different models for your boots or belt? Aesthetics are HUGE for me and nothing makes me angrier than having a sweet looking matching set and then your eyes are drawn to the off belt and boots. It ruins the whole flow of the armor model that Blizz worked so hard to make. Sure I heal in PvP mostly and I can just xmog my stuff to be matching but I think it's absurd that I should have to do that. Is it so hard just to have everyone's set of belts and boots match their set according to their class? I'm a Monk damnit, don't make me wear boots that match the rogue's set. I'm a paladin, don't make me wear boots that match the Warrior set.Oakentitan4 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 How many of you are poor Current gold: 39Lowrey27 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 The World's Longest IoC And it was played to the bitter end, with Horde's highest player at 295 HKs. http://i.imgur.com/xQs22hW.jpgBaustert1 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Not killing undergeared players I find myself more and more frequently not going for kills on undergeared players. When a resto shaman straight up stops making the futile effort to live at half health, I can feel his pain. I know what it's like. So I just stop attacking them before they die and give them a /luck or something and leave them to lick their wounds. Does anyone else do this?Lowrey24 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 LF Kow MMR RBG Xrealm Team Arms, currently working on prot gear, warrior with little rbg experience looking for a serious and stable rbg team.Giggie3 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 rbg win trading still. and hero of the horde? hes 2nd in rbg rating... comon. ffs. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Mcspankbank/achievement#95:15092 is this game really that much of a joke still? guy gets 0-2k in one day. then 2k-2400 the next. his achievements are in reverse so he got more then 100+ per win at 2200+ and he got hero?Adroi8 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Graveyards in Battle for Gil'neas they need fixed....they never rez you at the closest ones.Sogy5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 70's thread of Badness The 70's bracket has become pathetic due to the influx of FotM's and eng carries post-Wrath. We are currently still trying to draw attention to ourselves because we think we are still important! +Queues+ BG queues are usually NOT as frequent as they used to be, which is no surprise given the bracket is mostly dead save for a few egomaniacs who can't handle PvP at max level. +Broken Scaling+ This is the first level bracket that has access to PvP gear with resilience. Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and Dalaran Sewers. A full set of PvP gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) costs ~2.3k honor. It is advised to obtain honor before hitting 70. It is also not advised to stack purely resilience gems, as your base passive resil plus the brutal already scales into quite a bit of resil at 70. If you’re unsure of what to gem, ask the thread and give your class/spec to enable us to help you.Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket, particularly for “glass cannon” type characters which focus on damage rather than resilience. Raids are fairly easy to coordinate via RealID – don’t be a stranger, exchange battletags with the forum and we can help you. You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and/or Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ Arcanist Ivrenne (Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (Horde) will sell uncut epic gems in Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points. Honor can be converted to JP (1:1.5 ratio) at the PvP Quartermaster in SW or Org. The accessories QM will also sell a PvP shoulder enchant.New JC's may not have the recipes you want (i.e. +20 PvP Power from blue Majestic Zircon gem). They are bought in Dalaran...same goes for a lot of WOTLK (60+) enchants. bel-air get out. Enchanting mats for 70 twinks are found off Northrend items. Almost all of the enchants we use in this bracket have a "Level 60 or higher" requirement, but a very small select few of the "Level 35 or higher" (Burning Crusade) enchantments are viable, i.e. crit+hit to boots. +70 vs. 74+ By leveling to 71+ you are no longer a 70 twink, just a scrub who wants access to cool stuff like pally wings or the arch axe. Don't do this. +Scrubs Who Think They're Good+ Madoran: <Fence Warmers> [PvE] (Alliance) Aggramar: <First Class Gaming> [PvP] (Alliance) Moon Guard: <Twisted Nethers> [PvP PvE] (Alliance) http://pastebin.com/wEtgY5Yb Tichondrius: <Twinklyfe> [PvP] (Horde) Thrall: <Caliber> [PvP PvE] (Horde) http://caliber.guildomatic.com/Hðttðts7 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 70's thread of Dream-walking The 70's bracket has become okay due to Dreamwalker being a joke, and to ICC Progression 7/12 We are currently still trying to draw attention to the issue of the monk class not having a Brutal or other non-90 PvP set, which puts it at a severe disadvantage in the bracket. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292601#1 <- Support the release of the monk Brutal set! +Queues+ BG queues are usually NOT as frequent as they used to be, but are becoming shorter and shorter as we get further into MOP. Queue times can be 5-10 minutes on certain days , and are shorter for Horde than Alliance. At times they can take 25 minutes to 1.5 hours, but this is also why you shouldn’t queue at 4am on weekdays or live in Australia.Joining the 70 twink bracket requires you to manually stop gaining experience (no more xpac capped accounts), which you can do via your faction’s respective “experience eliminator” NPC. +Gear+ This is the first level bracket that has access to PvP gear with resilience. Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and Dalaran Sewers. A full set of PvP gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) costs ~2.3k honor. It is advised to obtain honor before hitting 70. It is also not advised to stack purely resilience gems, as your base passive resil plus the brutal already scales into quite a bit of resil at 70. If you’re unsure of what to gem, ask the thread and give your class/spec to enable us to help you.Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket, particularly for “glass cannon” type characters which focus on damage rather than resilience. Raids are fairly easy to coordinate via RealID – don’t be a stranger, exchange battletags with the forum and we can help you. +Professions+ You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and/or Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ +Gems and Enchants+ Arcanist Ivrenne (Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (Horde) will sell uncut epic gems in Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points. Honor can be converted to JP (1:1.5 ratio) at the PvP Quartermaster in SW or Org. The accessories QM will also sell a PvP shoulder enchant.New JC's may not have the recipes you want (i.e. +20 PvP Power from blue Majestic Zircon gem). They are bought in Dalaran...same goes for a lot of WOTLK (60+) enchants. bel-air get out. Enchanting mats for 70 twinks are found off Northrend items. Almost all of the enchants we use in this bracket have a "Level 60 or higher" requirement, but a very small select few of the "Level 35 or higher" (Burning Crusade) enchantments are viable, i.e. crit+hit to boots. +70 vs. 74+ By leveling to 71+ you gain some base stats, some abilities, an increase in base damage, a higher chance to be missed by players, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe.) However, at 74, stat scaling causes severe decay to your secondary stats (Up to a 25% loss in resilience, nearly 40-50% of pvp power, etc.) +Rated PvP+ 2s, 3s, and RBGs pop occasionally. +Additional Information+ http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/ http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f156/70-achievement-reputation-guide-26947/ http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f156/70-twink-hunter-pvp-guide-%5Bmop%5D-42461/ http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f156/70-twink-paladin-pvp-guide-45816/ +Active Guilds and Servers+ Madoran: <Fence Warmers> [PvE] (Alliance) Aggramar: <First Class Gaming> [PvP] (Alliance) Moon Guard: <Twisted Nethers> [PvP PvE] (Alliance) http://pastebin.com/wEtgY5Yb Tichondrius: <Twinklyfe> [PvP] (Horde) Thrall: <Caliber> [PvP PvE] (Horde) http://caliber.guildomatic.com/ ____________________________ ICC Progression: Screenshots: Festergut: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559844831488114625/FA90DBFF56731EDDF29D919CD4C9DABC5132A40D/ Saurfang: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559845346020612697/024C541BC1B82B26D27D50D0BDABEAB0D8FFDF48/ Gunship:http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559845346020643150/B757771347660DC9DC6912E94E85A3B17FD7E817/ Videos: Deathwhisper:http://youtu.be/CuQj0YN1WVEValencia500 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 1733 Destro Lock LF Group to Push Rating LF EST RBG group to push rating. PST srd24#1750Terrorize1 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 So sick of BOTS in BGS I am creating this post to add more weight and let my voice be heard that I am fed up with BOTS in 70-89 BGS. This problem has been going on undeterred and unchecked since November 2012. Its incredulous that nothing has been done at all in 5 months! Forum posts, tickets and suggestions all are filled with feeble excuses and pathetic measures such as 'report a player' -which have clearly failed. What grinds me so much is, I suffer from bad lag and random DCs, so much so that I was forced to quit or buy Smoothping at an extra $7 a month. Soon afterwards my account was (falsely) insta-banned for 'gold trading' - TWICE! Instantly banned: no questions asked, no warnings, no proper investigation. BAN! Clearly Blizzard doesn't care about erroneously banning players when $ from their pocket is involved, but yet turn a huge blind eye to botting players who keep their pockets lined rather nicely. The time for excuses, research, working on a solution, investigations passed MONTHS ago. We don't want more excuses or be told to 'use the report player feature'. Its the hypocrisy I cant stand and you should be ashamed. Ultimately it will be you undoing, when the legitimate players such as myself get fed up and leave this sinking ship of a game, the bots will have no reason to exist either.Mildred2 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Honor per Hour. Killing PvP. I honestly hate the way honor works right now. With new changes coming in (which I support for the most part, not all) I believe it's just going to become worse. People aren't looking for fights, fun, or to just PvP. They are looking for a quick win or lose. Doesn't matter which as long as it is fast and easy. Let's say you have AB. You get in push out the gates. You cap your first base and 2 others. But then the enemy faction zergs and recaps them. They have 4 bases now and you 1. What happens? Everyone on your team whines and says let them cap the last base. People start AFKing. Everyone is raging and arguing in chat. No one but a few players think "hey we can still win this let's fight" This is because the majority of players aren't out to fight. They just want Honor Per Hour and you can get it faster by losing than trying to win a come back. I ask for a change to the Honor gaining system. Less rewards for both winning and losing. More honor rewards from killing, objectives, and participation. Even a bonus for winning when you come back from being far behind. If you get the achievement in AB for coming back and winning from 500 points behind. You should get a bigger reward for it please. TL;DR Lesson the bonus honor from CTA and Randoms for both winning losing Increase honor for HKs, objectives, and winning after the enemy team had a good lead on you. Work to stop the mentality of if I can't win fast I'll just lose fast because its better rewards. If I go into a BG and fight my heart out I should be rewarded far better than if I just give up.Captfalcon6 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 What to play what to play... Howdy, I'll make this short and sweet. I have been PvEing for years, want to step into PvP some. I have a Hunter and Mage at level cap, if I want to run RBGS and 3s. What would have the most viable comps and just be..fun. Thanks!Amumu8 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Question about 5.3 With the implementation of the new conquest point catch up system and the way class balance is right now what is going to prevent everyone who wants to RBG from choosing a tier 1 class for season 14 (Right now we all know the casters and FDK are tier 1(Rogue as well in some cases) and that most melee dps classes are struggling in rbgs (Which are designed for teams to grip and nuke not fight melee). If they allowed this catch up during 5.2 I swear we would just see everyone migrate over to those classes (I changed my main to a mage for this season because he just does so much more dmg). Does no one think this is going to be a problem?Ncrypted0 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 From someone who runs RBGs balance explained Ok so I get alot of people wondering why their hunter/ele/ench/ret/any melle that isnt an FDK or rogue isn't getting invited to RBGS. It's simple rogue has smoke bomb and CC and FDK's are the higest damage melee class and usually the groups target caller. If you are going to pug and win you honestly need a team that just grips people in then nukes them with spells. This is why mages, spriests, boomys, and warlocks are wanted. Honestly how can a class like ret do damage that is comparable to a warlock or mage when they can just dot up the entire team or use their massive burst and aoe dmg. Also classes that are melee have a harder time switching targets and have to deal with roots/snares/etc. The only time I play with ret paladins on my RBG team is when I am the leader. On my caster classes (My main is my mage) I wouldn't take a comp with two dps classes not listed in the top tier in the same game seriously. So if your one of the classes not listed in the caster list (Or rogue and FDK) your chances of doing well in rbgs this season is seriously not high(Although of course a few talented people will succeed at any class).Ncrypted2 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Retadins and rogues are awesome Don't understand what the QQ is aboutVanaria20 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 AV long time no see So, it's been about 4 years since I played AV "seriously". Nice to see that the Alliance wins that bg almost every time still. This is a prime example of Blizzard being lazy. I just can't believe it's the same after all these years! LOL, I guess I'll put this bg on my exclusion list while queuing.Orewa27 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 COLORBLIND Problems on ToK After quite a few matches on Temple tonight (and previous nights), the color of orbs has become quite a problem for me, to the point where I'm a liability to the team, and it's really something I can't control. Colorblindness really, REALLY messes me up. For me to call out what color an orb is, it requires me to actually KNOW what color the orb is. Hell, I didn't even know the beams of light over the orbs were different colors until someone pointed it out. Here's what I'm suggesting: Put the debuff of the orb with the color of it, that way I can at least hover my mouse over it and tell. That way non-colorblind people can still get their color and I don't sound mentally handicapped yelling "I don't know my colors!" over Skype (which has happened before). Of course, Temple could be removed all together, but that's another story. Bump this thread so some attention can be brought to the subject. Thanks.Twerkerella13 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 I'm BAD and I Need Your Help I've been playing on and off since Vanilla and the truth is no matter how hard I try I'm just not that good at PvP. PvE is easy, learn the mechanics and game over, but that's not really that much fun. I've never been above 1600 in arena and around 500 in RBGs. I'm casual, meaning I only get about an hour a night to play, which means I'm usually pug'ing eveything. I'm not asking for tips. What I really want to know is what class should I play. I need something without a whole lot of buttons and good survivability and damage. I'm not looking for FotM, just something that is always pretty decent. I have a 90 Shaman, 85 Druid, 85 Paladin, 74 Hunter, 66 Warrior, 59 DK, 44 Rogue, 36 Mage, 17 Lock, 6 Priest. Shaman - I love healing, but if I want to DPS I get stomped as Ele/Enh Druid - Again, great at healing, but as Balance/Feral I get rolled Paladin - Okay at healing, suck at Prot, Ret I dislike the changes from before WotLK Hunter - Lots of fun, but again it feels like low survival Warrior - Haven't played much since Vanilla DK - Barely ever played Rogue - I can stunlock like a mother, but I can't kill a fly Mage - Haven't played much Lock - Haven't played much Priest - Haven't played much I know this may be a pathetic question, but I just want to kill stuff and have fun and right now I'm just getting my face stomped. :)Bigshirley11 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 The Issue with paladin RBG viability. Its no secret that Paladins aren't performing well in pvp. Holy is in a good place, but the rest of the class isn't. If you don't know here is why. Holy Paladins: Holy is in a very good place especially in rbgs. A holy paladin is mandatory to any successful comp. Holy Pallies provide unique counters to CC that other healers cant provide. Holy pallies are the only healing spec that can counter solar bomb. Holy pallies are also just a really durable healer in general. Making them a necessity to RBG comps. Prot Paladins: Prot has absolutely no place in RBGs. I would rather have a warlock or shadow priest carry a flag over a Prot paladin. Prot pallies just do not have the defensive capability of the other carriers and mobility. Prot lacks the cc immunity and self heals the other tanks provide. Prot pallies also lack significant benefit from Stamina. Stamina for a blood DK or warrior means extra healing done or absorption. While a prot pally can get a little healing off from seal of insight it takes a long time to build up the 15 holy power minimum required to get a big heal off on itself from word of glory. In addition prots ability to get out of CC is lower than the rest. There are no speed boosts are jumps to get out of range of cc. The last problem with prot pallies is since they would be theoretical carriers many of the survivable CDs they may use in pve are unavailable in pvp such as lay on hands and divine shield. It would be really nice if Divine shield would be redesigned on a prot pally to allow a dmg reduction and not complete immunity. I feel such a change might help make prot pallies somewhat viable as FCs. Ret paladins: Ret fundamentally lacks a spot in RBGs because Prot is completely non viable. Ret has to compete with rogues, monks, ferals, DKs, and warriors for a melee spot. With limitted melee slots desired in an RBG makeup these go to rogues and DKs primarily. Dks are designed to severely limit healers and kill them. Death Grip is used to force an enemy player to overcommit when used properly which can be game changing. Rogues provide stunlocks which also severely cripple healers and smoke bomb which can be defensive and offensive now. Its game changing. Ret doesn't really possess anything game changing. Ferals, monks and dps warriors all fall under a category I like to refer to as the less desirable category. Now before I catch flak for this statement let me explain. These melee classes dont really possess any real game changer but since they have a viable Flag carry spec its justifiable bringing them as a carrier and then letting them go dps spec for non flag carry games. As mentioned above prot pallies are pretty garbage carriers...Fixing prot pallies and making them viable as a flag carrier would be a good step in making ret more desirable in rbgs.Huhsupomgosh5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Buff mages. I'm not one shotting people fast enough.Arcanuss5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 World PVP Solution So i decided to engage in some world pvp today. What a freaking waste of time. The person I went up against had way too much PVP gear. A player who because of that is not a world goer considering how much time it takes in BG's to get that gear. PVP stats should have no affect in the world. Period. People used to pvp for pvp sake, even though your idea, blizzard, is to reward baddies with time on their hands. I personally only have time for one thing. Raiding or pvp not both. If PVP people truly only like the challenge of gearing to max to just pvp with other people at max. Then let them go do that in their own controlled environments and let the PVE world be just PVE and light PVP where PVP gear has no benefit. Sounds fair to me. Leave normal battlegrounds and world be pvp stat free and allow players to get honor killing people in the world like the old days. Make the major honor reward from killing city bosses and barracks bosses, or just random horde and alliance bosses and strongholds around the world. Just for god sakes put an end to PVP stats in the world, they have no place. I really begin to wonder why you guys wont test this. What's the logic? You really have to have some sort of idea why you want people who excel at having spare time to own in world pvp. It's DEAD, so any idea, right now, is bound to improve the situation.Joshen43 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Hit cap in low level bgs broken - fix plz I understand you raised player to be the top level in the bg bracket, but why did they mess with the other stats so much. Heres the thing, I miss almost everything in the 85-89 bracket of bgs. Almost every spell misses while inside the bg. I have a 15 percent chance to miss level 88s inside the bg, but outside it says I have a 0 percent chance to miss. Outside of bgs I %!@*!##! everyone 85-89, but inside I can't hit a !@#$ing thing. It's the most annoying thing in the world and would like to know why the %^-* is hit so screwed up. Honestly I would have been happier if you just left it how it was before, at least I could hit !@#$. But now to the point, does anyone know if there are plans to fix this annoyance, I love bgs and this just makes me %^-*ing hate them lol. The other thing is blizz acted like they were doing us a favor by bringing everyone to the top level of the bracket so we all could be competitive, well it doesn't feel like that at all, it feels exactly the same, that you need to actually be top level of the bracket to be the best, and I thought that's what blizz was trying to stray away from, no?Backhanded3 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 BG Bots : Bliz should I keep reporting? I know you guys do not usually respond to many posts, but could you please tell me if I am wasting my time reporting Bots? I am leveling a Shaman and trying to augment BGs for boredom - today I was in 5 BGs total with the same BOTs in every game - one time 6 of the 10 players WERE BOTS...I reported as many as I could. I have even started to learn the AI for specific BGs. (I will Gladly post about it if you like - with screen shots) I stopped playing and started sending /tells - trying to get the guys on the team who were HUMAN to vote AFk the bots. It is bad at level 90 - BUT --Bot grinding levels for honor AND exp is out of hand. Is there anything that can be done.. please? This is ruining this game 100% for me.Necrosoul33 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Rogue vs Blood DK honest question, What if anything does a rogue have to do to defeat a Blood DK?Cloudstrìfe5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 CC is out of control Good God, you spend most of your time with a red screen telling you that you have no control of your character. Why put PvP in the game? Just lock my character for 15 minutes and trickle some honor table scraps to me. It's pretty much the same thing. >_>Cragoth71 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Can we plz get our conq from any source? It is so silly and cumbersome having conq split up into 3 different types. Is there any rational reason for this? Needing to spend an hour or 2 to form a RBG team so I can get that last 100 points for cap is blehGideoni23 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Random Battlegrounds is only the beginning... I know that I cannot change the world, but I like to try. As you can tell by my gear, I am still working on gearing up. There is a guy on my server that I pay 2000g a week to carry me through 2s, but other than that, I get all of my gear from grinding honor. Random battlegrounds is supposed to be the entry level for pvping. This is where we learn how to react to situations and how the other classes interact with ours. Occasionally, there is a team that far outmatches our own. It is okay though. Win or lose, we still get honor. The problem is that every random that I lose, there is one guy who thinks it is his job to tell everyone else how bad they are. The "BG Elite" as I like to call him will just start saying very mean things to everyone in the group. Right about this time, everyone stops trying. We all sit at lighthouse or farm or whatever is relevant and wait it out. If you are that guy, you need to understand that your insults bring down the moral of your team. You are actually making it worse! Here is my approach. I will usually kindly ask everyone to regroup. I will say something like, "Let's meet up at Lighthouse and take Waterworks together." This doesn't always work, but it does work sometimes. I have seen a team pull together and overcome incredible deficits. Like we all learned in grade school, a little kindness goes a long way. And just so you know, it has nothing to do with your faction. "Children" play Horde and Alliance. I know because I have been on both sides. Guess what...They say the same thing no matter what faction you are. I would like to close by making one last point. If you are really so good that you don't want to be queueuing with a bunch of fail players, you probably shouldn't be doing random battlegrounds.Gunmage10 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Failest QUE system ever... Just one picture to describe how this game is broken... Alliance: 8 healers Horde: 0 http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8202/wowscrnshot040513175406.jpgDibbük26 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 PvP Resources I can't for the life of me track does some good guides for my class or the modern metas. I've spent some time away so my old bookmarks are pretty useless. I'm out of the loops on strats, comp names, stat priorities, etc. Do any good resources exist?Executeness5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Silvershard mines: A major design flaw. You all know the battleground Silvershard Mines, but is it me, or can the Alliance never win? I've won the battleground atleast once, but I don't think it's my teams fault that we can't win. First of all, the horde starts out near 3 mine cart spawns, and 2 deposits are right next to them, and very close at that. but the alliance starts out near 2 mine cart spawns very far apart from eachother, and all deposits are fairly far away. This doesnt feel like horde is just better, it feels like it was designed to be favored to them. Why? Or was it? I would love for the map to be redone in a more symmetrical way. Any opinions?Piraka12 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Wow World record for honorable kills? What is the name of the dwarf rogue who holds the record for the most honorable kills?Greênarrow13 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 The real problem with cc in battlegrounds Of course there is way too much cc in the game currently. But about 90% of healers in battlegrounds from my own experience, do not dispell anything but themselves and let you sit in full fears while running right past them. Mages dont dispell hexes Warlocks dont use devour magic Spriest only use mass dispell on mage blocks from what ive seen Healers dont dispell jack !@#$ I sit in full hoj, fears, silences and no one can seem to dispell or have enough situational awareness because they are too busy tunnel visioning. Start dispelling %^-* people, it's not exactly glad level play.Ratlordx35 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Low MMR team LFM xrealm Currently in need of Frost Death Knight Disc priest Resto druid/Resto shaman MW monk/Afflic warlock/frost mage (not sure if 4 healers are needed) Be willing to change talents, and listen to team leader. Be at least decently geared for pvp(if you are missing some, we will help you grind out the rest of the gear.) Times will be decided on later(most likely later in the week for after arena cap.) Current team: Survival hunter(ME!) WW Monk Dps shaman(most likely ele depending on the teams needs) Holy pally Arms warrior(maybe, might be shadow priest if needed.) Sub rogue Vent required.Tsieg10 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 The Windwalker and RBGS It comes to me with some measure of upset that in today's Warcraft, many classes that should have representation- do not. As a Windwalker I frequently do Battle-grounds, Arenas, and Rated Battle-grounds. Or at least I used to. For many classes such as Windwalker Monks, Retribution Paladins, Enhancment Shamans Etc, It isn't that these classes don't play well.. they can perform very well in Arenas when given the opportunity. Alas no matter how well the class is played or how fun it has been designed, there is always a better option. For example; If I, as a Windwalker Monk wanted to participate in a Rated-Battleground my would be RBG team has to decide what they wish to do without for my space. this means either a casting class or if the group is unconventional a Rogue. Now this isn't to say that windwalkers don't have value, they most assuredly do. but the majority of RBG teams High and Low view the Rogues method or any casters method of greater value then a Monk. Unfortunately, Without a "Spammable" Crowd control, such as Fear polymorph cyclone. your ability to join the ranks of RBG Hero are woefully low. Now a Windwalker monk has plenty of crowd control, that is chainable but not spammable. Ring of peace is a fantastic Peel for allies as well as Tiger's Lust and Grapple weapon. They even have great mobility to do last minute flag grabbing or base stealing. The problem is though, that other classes can do it leagues better. The current "Premiere" RBG tactic is get a death knight with Mass death grip to call targets. And stock up on Boomkin and casters. Clash with the enemy "Aoe Deathgrip" then "Aoe Vortex" then "Aoe Silence" do this twice and a team dies. and the caster heavy team walks pleaseantly to their base. That being said Classes such as Damage monks and Paladins have no purpose, what incentive is there to bring any other classes? I was watching a stream of my Death knight friend doing RBG's and 4 times in a row they fought seperate teams which consisted of roughly the same roster. 1 death knight, 1 protection warrior 2 balance druids Shadow priest and Frost mage. I don't feel that these classes are "Too strong" or that the Windwalker and other hybrids are "Too weak" but rather. the community has grown attatched to one finite method and approach to the game. I feel alot of this can be solved if we cut down the amount of CC, and Damage that is being thrown around. if we once again had to pay attention to our cooldowns and think carefully about our next move.. this sort of "Zerg" Battleground tactic would cease to exist. P.S I know I made mention alot of windwalkers having a hard time getting into PVP groups I do understand it is dramatically worse for some classes, my heart goes out to you retribution.Judisu4 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 60-70 Shield Slam 56% damage reduction. 9k health and I get shield slammed constantly for half my life? Why are TANKS doing better DPS than the DPS in pvp?Locst10 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 boomy lf core group! So i have been having some issues with getting groups who don't talk or have any leadership and i am tired of pugging all the time. I have played in 2100s last season (first season i played rbgs) and i just want a core group again because it makes the game a lot more enjoyable and pushing rating isn't as unpredictable as pugging is. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Mcferalstein/advancedDibbukk0 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Show Zone Map I set it to only show in BGs but when I leave BG it stays on my screan. If I close it, then it resets my choice of having it show in BGs and I have to go back in and choose that again. Anyone else have that issue? Anyone have a fix?Needfriend8 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 RBG Flag Carrier Do FC tanks wear full pvp gear? Also how good are DKs at being FC in RBGs these days? Who is top FC?Unthir1 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 wow live steam giving away wow time! hey guys im doing a wow pvp live stream and giving away wow game time! doing to giveaways one when we hit 50 viewers and another at the end of the steam so come and stop buy :D http://www.twitch.tv/idecfilms http://www.twitch.tv/idecfilms http://www.twitch.tv/idecfilmsPhonetic0 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 1900+ RBG team LF steady FDK target caller. Currently 1900+ RBG team from Bleeding Hollow looking for one Frost Death Knight with 1900+ experience for games tonight and possibly a permanent spot. Other than tonight we run Tuesday-Thursday 7pm EST( also server time). Must be extremely vocal and able to coordinate well with a boomkin. Tonight's games will also begin at 7pm EST but is not one of our normal run times. Please respond if you're interested.Koný5 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 How is this possible? I was under the impression all damage taken would interupt people capping flags. I was just in AB and channeling crackling jade on a couple people capping at different times throughout the match and both times, they were able to keep capping even while taking my damage. Is it only physical damage that will interupt them?Ninjahulk6 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 LF Dedicated RBG team / Guild Real ID: Spatter#1703 Hours available: Most Nights starting 10 PM EST | 9 CST | 7 PST I am looking for a dedicated RBG Group to run with and push high ratings. I recently transferred to Tichondrius as my old realm's pvp scene was quite lacking. I have played this game since vanilla. I earned Legionnaire on my Warrior and Scout on my warlock before they took the pvp ranks away. I did arena seriously in BC and was able to obtain a Vengeful Nether drake and some other pvp achievements for the season. I took a break from the game for a bit and when I returned I mainly played PvE and did not try to push rating on any of my pvp teams. Just the weekly cap/fun stuff. I am looking for a guild that runs guild RBG's well. Not "for fun" or "just to cap". Serious players who want to push high ratings and earn achievements. I currently run RBG's on Three Characters. Warrior FC (1950cr) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Spatt%C3%A9r/simple Warlock (1650cr) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Flatlin%C3%A9d/simple Hunter (398cr) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Hatemane/simpleHatemane0 Apr 6, 2013