Battlegrounds

Jan 20, 2013 I made a world PvP video, and SO CAN YOU! There isn't much else to say. May this help encourage more people to participate in world PvP. Also hopefully PvP will be fixed in the near future. Probably not. Either way, enjoy. The last 25 minutes are the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv9OIlBuHtkGrannygear7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Looking for the horde = of sargeras... Have this toon on sarg as alliance and love how many RBG pugs are always going, but looking for a good home like sarg for my horde toon. Busiest horde pvp server is?Gnomgnamstyl1 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 4 and 42 That's my record for the past 2 days.......... /sighKhoivo33 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 491 ilvl Shin Ka or Malevolent Weapon? What's better for PVP?Malachi1 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 If you're a healer - HEAL! So many times I see the following: If you were at (location), you would get healed. You weren't defending (location). and the best one... << I'm alone at (location) and I'm a healer! Battlegrounds are NOT static things. As a healer, you are a liability when not following your dps, especially if you are alone. At best you may be able to troll for a while until reinforcements arrive, but usually you'll end up as stealth bait and die.Mikerowave88 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Interested in RBGs -- Where do I Start? Interested in getting into some rated battlegrounds but have no idea where to start. There are NO organized pvp guilds or even groups that I know of on my very dead server. Haven't done much super organized pvp but I'm a good player, know how to use my class, know what to expect from opposing players...do realize that rets aren't super exciting these days. Any help is appreciated.Malachi3 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 New patch is shifting the game to new players Blizzard is officially putting this game into new players hands, they are removing the 2200 rating for items, i don't even do areas anymore and this pisses me off. Then they decided to completely destroy my level 10 and level 16 twinks, yes my level 10's stats scaled very high but that stat scaling has kept me entertained for 7 years and they would not be so high if i did not save up retired gear from the game every new patch (proves my loyalty to the game after the years the gear i have acquired on both my 10's and 16 now all the gear is 100% pointless and all the good retired gear at 10 and 16 would be treated as gear for a 14 or 19, this new change will ruin 7 years i put in a single aspect of the game that was keeping my money flowing into their pockets.Xratëd69 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Isle of Conquest Help So I need some help. I cannot figure out why Horde never seems to kills the glaives in IoC. If they do (and on the very rare occasion they do), they win. Most games I'm in, in addition to myself, there are perhaps one or two people who go up against 30 alliance and the glaives, and of course we can do next to nothing. I have poor gear (and ability) but I can get a glaive down about 30% by myself, before I'm killed in about two seconds. People yell left and right to kill the glaives, but nobody seems to want to do anything about it. I have trouble believing the Horde are just bad or stupid (I could be wrong though). With a small group the glaives die easily, and Horde typically win. And if they don't win they at least give themselves a chance to. Since nobody does it, there has to be a reason. Somebody clue me in. I've done eight IoC in a row and have lost every one of them. I don't mind losing a close match, but sometimes we're losing before we can even get their gates down because the glaives are left virtually untouched. Thank you kindly!Borlix12 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Lvl 68 Hunter get 24 KB's and 84 HK's http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Iamshotting/simple How does a hunter do this in a bg where no one else is even close? Is it a cheat of some sort? PvP so out of balance.Fah7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Sick of being Feared, horrified, feared. Seriously.Jambalayaa3 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 experience in bgs post 5.2 well been hearing and reading that everyone will be max level upon entering their respective random battleground bracket (10-14, 15-19, 20-24 etc) and at max ilvl? but how will that change experience by leveling .. does this mean we cant level through bgs anymore wich will kinda suck in my opinion i usually love to level by doing bgs instead of dungeons.. even tho its slower i enjoy it more will we be able to level through bgs now!?!?!?Rougebytch6 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 "Vengeful": Epic 90 combat rogue PVP vid!! Hey guys I just made my first video and it made front page on warcraftmovies. Please head over to youtube or warcraftmovies dot com and show some support with a like/thumbs up/comment/subscribe!! I promise you will be entertained! http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=226457 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnRs51Dbe5w ...or both! :)Fearoff14 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Blizzard can't/wont fix bot's/win trading. That's why t2 was removed. This isn't a development or a new idea, it's a solution to problems they can't fix. I like the new changes, but to all the t2 players complaining about the game being ruined, over 80% of you cheated your way to your t2 gear advantage, so your did it to yourself. Your only regret is that next patch you won't be able to face-roll people in level 90 randoms anymore. I personally think it's hilarious. The other side of the argument is even worst, as it stems from the ideology of people that sink over 100 hours a week into this game that are now complaining that no one has to work for anything anymore. Stop acting so entitled just because one can only assume that you don't have other things to do with your time than relentlessly grind gear for wins in an in-game activity that should be about skill which you all claim to have, but I guess we'll find that out when the patch hits (which is what I think these people are really afraid of). PvP should be about PvP, not time sinks and gear grinds to keep subscriptions flowing. Sincerely, A casual player, that, at a glance has no noticeable skill in this game because this game in it's current state isn't for casual players. Yet.Kelthys11 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Kisses and Co. We're doing some Random Bg's, come join us over at http://www.twitch.tv/kissesjk Feel free to drop us a PM to joinAslan0 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 So I ended up in a premade last night... ... and while it was kind of fun, I can't see what would be so attractive about it in the long run. Steamrolling an enemy in a big premade is, well, just not challenging. I like the close fights where you buy just enough time for a tower to cap, hold out in the boss room just long enough to wipe the enemy. THOSE are the kind of stories I remember from WoW PvP, the ones that could have gone either way but you and your team pulled out a win. Farming is just, well, meh. There's no sense of achievement without challenge. I'll admit, I'm not that great a player, but these are the kind of games I like. And I guess the win rates I typically have (I'd say just over half) are good enough that I can't see actively seeking out to be in a big premade. I might still check out oqueue, I keep hearing about it, would be nice to be in a game where people hopefully are better about BG objectives without being there to farm. But a full-blown premade, I just can't see it for me.Mistwidget25 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 War games for gold? Is it against any ToS to challenge rival groups or guilds to war games, with gold on the line? Or, to take it further can you post in trade about it? Would appreciate any experience and/or Blue post on this. Thanks in advance.Radioface5 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Never Thought It Would Happen To Me http://i.imgur.com/kEpwmYR.jpg A perfect match for the horde team. No one died.Leadbelly2 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Twinking -- In need of advice I'm thinking of moving up the ladder of twinking and shooting for the 29 twink bracket. I was wondering if anyone knew how active it was, I heard that 24 bracket was active... but it's (imo) a blasphemy to original twinking. Are 29 twink bracket ques fast?Shadowblack6 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 LF Flag Carrier for RBGS right now Hey all, like the title states we have 9 right now and need a FC for some RBGS. LF someone 1800ish at least but will take lower rated people if you know what you are doing.Yuro0 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 What up Blizz? 1Tank spec gets PVP set bonus? Hello Blizzard game designers, You speak of about 34 playable classes in PvP but for tanks you only give guardians pvp bonuses to going along with the feral pvp set in 5.2. I'm pretty sure people would love to see some love for their tank spec. Side note: Find someone that can justify why humans can't be shamans. It's ridiculous many places across the world practice shamanism.Waìver2 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Are BG NPC Bosses affected by PVP Res & pow? This may have been covered but I cannot find the info anywhere. Are bosses in BGs with them (AV, IoC, etc) affected by gear with PVP Resilliance and power? I like to roll as a tank, sure I don't kill anything but I also don't get killed and I harass the hell out of enemies. I want to know if my PVP gear I have which I've been modding to be more tank-ish will affect the bosses the same way it affects the player controlled chars. ThanksDaddie1 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Why are there so many Win traders???????? I was looking for an RBg group today for 2100 + on my WW monk on Ticondrius and everygroup I get into i notice there's like 20 guys and they tell me to get into skype and then explain we are going to exploit.... Can blizzard just ban all these people already. It's pretty obvious who these people are and they're ruining the game big time for people like me who have to struggle playing bads with weapons that can win just because they were win traded to a weapon.Bluejays24 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Muffindiver streaming drunken pvp I talk a lot of !@#$ on the forums, so I figured I would give everyone a chance to see just how bad I am. http://www.twitch.tv/ghosthendrikson Full Disclosure: I don't have any cleavage, nor do I beg you for donations.Muffindiver5 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Which weapon at 89? [X-Post from Warriors] Warmace of Taran Zhu or Ghostheart I'm using the Ghostheart right now. I know generally I would want the Strength, but the DPS is much better and there are no Strength weapons for 88 or 89. So, am I right in choosing the Ghostheart and enduring all the ridicule I get in battlegrounds? Or should I switch to the Warmace until 90?Polluted8 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 temple of gotmogu bug ? when you carry a flag in warsong and use abilities such as nitro boots, vanish, and monk disappearing don't that make you drop the flag? so why not in temple of kotmogu?Porktooth6 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 I'm curious twinks. How will this affect you? ... http://www.wowhead.com/news=210039/updated-patch-5-2-ptr-patch-notes-january-16 I don't twink. So i'm asking how this will affect you guys. I'm curious.Wrath37 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Battleground Matchmaking (# of heals) Hi there, wondering if anyone can tell me how the battleground matchmaking works. Or, to be more specific, will the matchmaking process always try to put a equal amount of roles in a BG? I see games where the opposing team has upwards of three healers while our team may only have one. In a Twin peaks game earlier the alliance team had four healers for a DK tank to run the flag - our team had no tank spec'ed player and only one healer. Is that normal? or was that probably a premade team?Llamalaugh7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Queuing into win trading groups So from what gather from talking to people, the win traders attempt to queue into a game against another pre-determined team. If they both don't get in, then they just leave and do it again. But, this does give legitimate teams a free win after they leave. Is this in any way against the Blizzard rules for WoW? This happened to me the other day, I sort of feel like an innocent victim because it wasn't the intent of my RBG group to get free wins that way.Slevin2 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Please make bg's queue through iLvl So, according the blue posts "Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can be purchased for Honor after 27,000 Conquest Points are earned for the season. (5.3)". This means that people like me, that just hit 90, will get facerolled by half/full conquest point geared people in random bg's more often than we're already are. Its already very frustrating to enter a random bg and see half of the enemy team players 380k HP higher, and know its just a matter of time to get pwned, ganked at our gy and having another loss. This makes the gearing process very boring and frustrating, and make the pvp system totally gear dependant, at the point you'll only stay alive for more than 6 seconds or kill someone when you get at least the cp's weapon. So, it would be much better if the queue system for random bg's be through an iLvl range, or if a maximum iLvl limit for queue random bg's was created. This would make pvp gearing more fun, and pvp depending on the skill of the player, not the gear. And victory depending of players strategy, not from which side has more well geared people.Angelclaw6 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Booted from BG while being active. So I was in an Isle of Conquest, since it is the BG holiday, and there is a supposed premade that is wanting to farm HK's to win so they keep spamming what they want us to do. I decide to ignore it because I don't want to sit in a forced HK farming turtle if I don't have to. If that's the way the BG goes, fine, but why not just go and win I always say. So I cap hanger to the groups dismay and get a bunch of whispers calling me random names and then I go back to our base with a friend and try to stop them from running bombs. (I'm on my holy paladin btw) and then they spam the chat telling everyone to report me AFK for "ruining" their strategy. I sit there healing and think, that won't work because here I am judging enemies and healing my friend and some other alliance and BAM, booted from the BG. How did this happen? does mass AFK reporting just boot you regardless? or did something else fishy occur? Only reason I wonder is because I've been threatened before by people saying they will boot me from the BG for random "verbal quarrels". So just wondering.Louriel9 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 What's an ideal RBG comp? Hello all! I was looking to start doing RBG's with my guild for fun and to nab a few titles. However, I'm mostly an arena player: and don't have much know-how when it comes to RBG's. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what classes and specs to look for when building an RBG comp? Meaning, what's good to have for a tank, healers, melee, ranged, etc. Any help is much appreciated!Manaclaw10 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Please step out of the box for a minute and explain to me why the option to group queue for a battleground limits you to 5 party members? This decision was made in patch 3.3.3 on March 23rd, 2010. I'm sure their was a meeting over this in Blizzard HQ and somewhere written on a Murloc branded post-it note their is a reason behind why they chose 5. Not 8, or even 3, but 5. Incidentally it is the same limit of people for random dungeon queues [which is even listed in the 3.3.3 patch notes] but it does not mention a direct correlation between them, or if this influenced this decision. So, why 5? -> It's not like a dungeon finder group where you are choosing specific roles to fill. -> It's not like the current random battleground queues have a system in place to guarantee a minimum # of classes. -> Their are no player prerequisites at all for random battlegrounds. ... The only options people have when they want to group more than 5 are: 1) Rated BG's 2) Countdown queuing Doing rated BG's effectively requires you to have a full group, and unfortunately the time it takes for most people to make a full group is too long without the aid of having a good guild or social add-ons. A lot of people also do not like the environment that RBG's bring. While countdown queuing is not essentially violating any of the TOS, it is not agreed to be an acceptable standard for anyone directly or indirectly involved with it. It requires coordination, vocal communication and is a clumsy yet tolerated user interface. People don't get in trouble for doing it, yet people would rather not have to do it in the first place. ... Lastly, LFR is supposed to be the relaxed version of raiding just like random BG's is the relaxed version of PvP, and even LFR allows you to queue with any # of people that you want. So again, I ask, why was the decision made to limit the groups to 5? Personally, I have fun with groups of any size and enjoy seeing every single one of you on the battlefield. I wish I had the option to queue with any number of you, against any number of you, whenever I want. The more the merrier. I got plenty of Cro's Apples to smash in your Horde foreheads ;)Elemeno59 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Random Battleground When you use the Dungeon Finder it informs you if you are joining an instance that is already in progress. Will the battleground finder ever be updated to give us a heads up if we're joining a battleground in progress?Stankewitz8 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 New Worgen Passenger Mount: Battle Carriage Many have seen it haunting the cobbled roads of Gilneas, and the Worgen Battle Carriage will soon screech through the well-defended corridors of Oggrimar, as the Worgen battle For the Alliance...Håwkins7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Problem with black listing random BGs.... anyone else black list random BGs and get "Failed to blacklist PVP map" and when you Q you still get in the BG you blacklisted? I have been getting this error for months and reported several times as a bug and even a ticket and still not fixed....just wondering if others get this tooDelitefulsyn13 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 LF RBGs Hpally 1850+ LF RBGs geared and exp pst! <(''<)Diabölic0 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Need some help setting defenders I'm running into a bit of a problem in RBGs, and hoping I get get some help. In most maps, you need defenders, either to hold nodes or protect the FC. The problem is, every DPS thinks they're god's gift to damage, and the team can't possible survive without their super amazing awesome pew pew in team fights. So objectively, which specs are the best at the following roles: - Guarding stables/farm in AB, or LH/Mines in BfG. - Guarding any other node in AB or BfG. - Guarding top cart in SSM. - Being sent alone to secure mines in a 1v1 battle. - Holding orbs in ToK. - Guarding a base in EoTS. - Intercepting the enemy flag carrier in twin peaks/WSG. - Staying with the flag carrier in our base to kill off attackers in TP/WSG. Don't feel like you have to answer all of the above, just share any knowledge or experience you have at your fingertips. Thanks.Gruklaar1 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 A nice day for a stroll in le Horde land *Yawn* Alliance please be better, us Horde are bored 1 shotting you. http://puu.sh/1Pis0Sincere17 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 RBG Rating Recently tried to do a rated battleground with some guildies and a few pugs, a group of some decently geared PvPers and a few with little to no PvP gear. Highest RBG rating of the group was one DK at about 1280, the rest of the group was somewhere between 150 and 400. Average player RBG rating for the team was probably below 400, yet somehow we were paired with a full set of 10 players all with RBG ratings just under 1500. The TEAM ratings, however, were about the same, just under 1500. Now I understand arena rating and MMR and all that should be taken into account, but even with those considerations this wasn't even close to an appropriate pairing. We were demolished 3-0. I understand not using a straight average or similar system to prevent a low average rating team having a few ringers and abusing the system, but there is no reasonable person that could have looked at our team and said "Yeah, that's a borderline 1500 team." Is there any discussion of reworking the rating system? Because I would love to get into RBG's but not if I can't get in a group and expect a decent match up.Nyxandra1 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Dear IoC Alliance people, Dear IoC Alliance people, Enjoy getting stomped by us in IoC this weekend. Love, The guy stomping you.Spazosaur30 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Blanket silence/cc The hunter, concust, frost trapped, silenced then pet coiled me for a 30 second CC nap, When i awoke it had double deflection and the whole petting zoo was attacking me, So i took another 30 second nap when the spirit rez came up. I often take long naps when Shadow priests are near, the dr on fear is unwarranted with this spec because i'm dead before the dr is fully diminished. The death knight is also in a state of frontal burst with a powerful heal absorb combined with AMS then a silence Shadow choke hold or a stun, an aoe stun if rooted in rem winter and a pet that stuns/leaps.... More Blanket silence/cc please so my naps are longer and more comfortable.Kimmygibblr7 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 More Conquest for Random BGs and Losses I don't have time to play RBGs or Arena; it takes WAY too long to get conquest doing random BGs. Can you please give 100 points/win and 25-50 points/loss?Malachi45 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Im torn. Give me a reason to chose one. I want to make a FC for the next season. I have a 43 warrior and a 35 druid. Please give reasons as to why u think either one is a better or good Rbg fc and wich would add more for the group.Oyouateoneto5 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 exp eliminator... I haven't played in forever, so I'm gonna ask. How big is the difference of que time with the exp eliminator? Is it bad? Or is it not a big deal?Scylaxus11 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Fix your broken PVP Since this Xpac has come out you have had some classes WAY Over Powered, in the past you use to fix not this time around its just more of the same. this what happened this xpac ??????? Why are you NOT fixing some of your MISTAKES BLIZZ ???????Drluming7 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 bg exp not enough? Is it me or does it feel very tedious and almost impossible to level through bgs anymore? I'm mainly talking about the 85-89 bracket. Honestly I feel like they should literally double the amount of exp gained from wins. 8 wins this morning and I've went up 2 and a half bars, at 85 (rested as well). Just feel like theres not much incentive to bgs in this bracket (beyond it just being fun.)Xãnder10 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 AV Balance Can we get some attention to AV tired of losing the zerg every time as horde. Yes, I am aware that we have the advantage during a turtle but that happens 1 out of 10 av games. That or let the horde blacklist AV instead of forcing us to que even though we try to black list it.Angrytaco6 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 [H] LF RBG 6.9k resil BM hunter lf a RBG. I'm on Blade's Edge in the Retaliation bg.Cykosis0 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Best class for casual that wants Random BGs? Hi I am a casual player these days and dont get a lot of time to play the game maybe 2 hours a week. Consequently I'm always struggling to keep up with gear. Anyway I wanted to know what class would be best for someone who was mainly interested in some casual bgs that didn't have to try too hard or have to be too geared to get some kills and have an impact on the game. I was thinking DK, no offence to any dks. Remember this is just for random bgs not high rank arena. Thanking you all ahead for any help.Anixi18 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 World PVP Does anyone know a great, somewhat balanced server that engages in a lot of WPvP? Such as a lot of PVP guilds. Kind of like Outlands server. Thanks!Bigrobby10 Jan 19, 2013