Battlegrounds

Jan 30, 2013 LF RBG To push 2200 Systmerror on Jubei'Thos Resto Shaman Battletag is systmerror#1486 CR 2040 Looking for X-Realm RBG to push up to 2200. I'm very skilled and well geared. Always I top of my healing and dispels. Have Skype and mic and not afraid to speak. Add me if you're an organiser or even just a good player. SystmSystmerror0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 please remove the wintraders gear they don't deserve it.Ryck10 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Predictions on hero after rbg reset? Any one have an idea wat hero may be with the rbg reset.Chrisinator4 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 BG Cannons So, if the vehicles scale up, why haven't the cannons to deal with them? If they aren't going to be scaled up, may as well remove them...Fayna0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Strategic Base PvP Advancement on capturable bases. Orgrimmar and Stormwind being the two cities that cannot be attacked until all other minor cities are captured then a final assault can be on the major city capturing all the leaders and earning a massive achievement and massive realm rewards. Possible?Blasphmy0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Ret CC in devs eyes Why did you take repentance, an iconic ret tool, and made it bad for rets and placed it in a awkward talent tier? We wanted less instant CC (still do) and knew cast time would be hard sell for Ret, so we'd let them opt out of it. Talk about over taxing the poor man I have a minute stun and a two minute blind ...LOL thats it because you feel i should be the only melee spec that needs to talent a trash single target snare Ret in no way should be the spec to suffer the loss of instant cc with the only two weak cc's listed above [dispellable and breaks on damage] It would help if you devs stayed consistent in your statements Originally you claimed the instant repent was to powerful for holy and stated ret didnt spec into the talent to begin with and its was a holy nerf not ret.Hlypowahalp0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Group of Tich PVPers to level new toons in bg I was wondering if anyone on this server either alliance or horde (preferably horde) would want to make new toons and group up to run and level doing battlegrounds. I've leveled a lot of toons and am looking for a new experience through leveling pvp. I believe the most efficient way would be to form a group of 3-5 solid players so that we have a better chance of winning and gaining more xp. We could find a time that works for everyone and level through pvp if there doesnt seem to be enough of us on atm. Just an idea. Any takers?Rikkoo0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 LFG system for Random BGs (like LFG Dungeons) Topic ^ This should be implemented!! Some friends and I were talking and he mentioned that he went into a random BG and they outright lost because his team had 0 healers, and their team had 5. None of their team died and consequently they won. New LFG system for Random BGs: Primary Idea: Queue a role as healer/FC/damage for a RANDOM BG Optional Idea: Item level determines what group a player is queued with. <450=grp 1, >450=grp 2. The system does not lock down this requirement, it just tries to match as close as it can. If queue times are longer the requirements for X healers, X FC, and X damage players are lowered. Make it so? Discuss please. P.S. I credit Draje the Mage for this wonderful and quite possible idea :)Fluffÿ0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Merge battlegroups / RBG Q with 5? There was talk some time ago of allowing people to Queue for RBG's with 5 against other teams of 5, is this still being considered (I think it would be cool). Secondly, any thoughts of merging battlegroups together sort of like dungeon/raid finder do for PVE. It would make it radically harder to wintrade if there was 1 large NA battlegroup, or battlegroups split into bands, copper/silver/gold/diamond etc.Beastlyloko0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Xrealm RBG's? Can I xrealm RBG with any realm or do battlegroups apply?Ruthlèss2 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Rated Battleground Exploitation & Win Trading Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Rated Battleground teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings and engage in win trading. These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts. In the meantime, we are currently working to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.Daxxarri0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Get rid of all brackets and have 10-89 and 90 If they are planning to scale everyone to the max level in BGs with 5.2 why not do what SWToR did and just have 2 brackets: Max level and then everyone else? A level 20 would still have roughly the same stats including HP/Mana as a level 80 you just would only have abilities and talents of your own level. If you are worried that you would get crushed by high levels this isnt the case. Lowbies could still compete as i killed plenty of level 40s in SWToR on my level 20s. You cant rely on just your level or gear so skill comes into play as everyone would have the same stats. I think this would also greatly help out the EXP off crowd as well. Instead of having queues that are forever long because you are only queuing with EXP off people of your level range you would now be queuing with everyone who has EXP off regardless of their level. I know it would probably never happen but I think it would be lots of fun and also make queue times very fast for everyone: EXP off twinks and also normal BGers. I know when I wanna PvP at like 4-5 AM sometimes the queues can take forever. I just think level brackets are a relic of the past. If they are already planning to scale up the level of say a 20 to be that of a 24 then that means they have the means available to just make everyone like an 89 and throw us all together. Sure would be nice to say "Damn I just owned that 87" as a level 27 lol. Only problem I see would be resilience making it harder for people with it to be killed even with normalized stats so make that baseline as well. Like regardless of your gear everyone in the BG has 1000 resilience. Or hell just make everyone have no resilience. I just think the whole bracket thing doesnt really serve a purpose anymore if they are planning on scaling everyone up anyways.Liliana9 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 worst class for pvp Like the title says. Worst and why. Shaman- any spec. Just seems weaker than other class.Gutbomb29 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Thumbs Down Not Working ... So I thumbs down AV and IOC. What pops? AV and IOC. Fix please.Vêx8 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Why can't we have a queue? So I finally did my first rbg ever. Haha. Ok so I did two and lost both. What struck me was that it didn't feel much better then randoms. So you say it's low rated. Sure then why can't we queue for low rated then? The only thing was that people had gear, healers were balanced and there were no bots. Other then that vent didn't seem to make much of a difference because the group didn't seem too good in general. So you say you're going to get owned. Well I saw a 2300 stream where the other team got gy camped. 2300 and that still happens. Premade vs premade. I'm saying none of the arguments have any merit in my eyes. You can still form your group of course and that's fine, but the alternative in randoms is not great either. Queue for at least low ratings shouldn't be an issue. There is a place for both.Positron6 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 SMF Warrior or WW Monk? Trying to figure out which spec has more staying power in BG's. I'd like start one of the two classes in the next month or so. I'm not so concerned about DPS, CC, or anything else as much as I am Endurance. If you have any suggestions about other classes with staying power I'd like to hear about them, but no tanks please. If I REALLY wanted staying power I'd just play my Blood Knight. XD Thanks in advance.Psychosis0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 warriors gone in 5.2 /waveAmpage37 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 RBG Rating resets umad?Somenerd3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Planing on twinking 80 on shammy Hey guys Just hit 80 on m shammy soo far dps for him is about 506k with lust and 38k normal im trying to make him the perfect class cannon for pushing maxx numbers and making lv 84s cry here is what i got so far. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Badeddiemon/simple Please hit me up on some more items i can get for my shammy that would make him super glass cannion k thanks ;)Micheljföx23 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Setting Roles in Battleground Blizzard, have you ever thought about making it so that it automatically sets your role in a battleground as soon as you enter one? This would make it easier to set up a plan to win the battleground and easier communication for those not using skyp/vent or whatever.Azoki0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 [H] Starting an rbg team at 0 to low mmr I'm looking to get a rbg team going. Currently need everything. You must have at least full dreadful for you role, some experience in rbgs (preferably 1500 or higher), and be able to make the rbgs regularly. My thought is sometime around 4 or 5 pm PST days TBA. If interested, reply here on the toon you'd be using with your mmr, role, exp (please log out in PvP gear) and add Lennidar#1305. I'll be picking more than the base amount so we have reserves. Feel free to ask any questions here or pm me in game.Shortnagdway0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 80 Twink Bracket: Good or Bad? I truly miss wrath and wouldn't mind making an 80 twink but is the bracket trash or actually fun? By this I mean a healthy PvE/PvP community active bg ques and whatnotRoundhoused0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 70 PvP on Shadowburn So, I have been looking for people on my side to PvP with at the 70 twink bracket. One of the problems I have been dealing with is, this is the first druid I have played since the release of WotLK and my inexperience is going away the more I play. But, I also can not seem to find many others on my side doing what I am and having fun. Most seem caught up with grinding honor, trying to do their own thing and not actually trying to win the game. I am starting this post as a beacon! Players both Horde and Ally, I welcome you here! I want to see the guys who have been creaming me, to tell me how much I suck. I can only get better if I hear what I am doing wrong, in the hopes to beat you all down later... Especially you.... Gorgutz! I can't seem to find you on the armory.. But I know I'll find you in BG soon, you devilish Shaman!! :)Arcterror11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 RBG - Silvershard Mines Why don't the carts spawn at the beginning of the game or shortly thereafter? I don't see how the current spawn setup has any place in rated battlegrounds. The side unlucky enough to spawn Alliance may go down hundreds of points at the get-go. Last night, my team spawned Alliance and both water and lava were capped by the Horde, literally, just as they got to the end. We went on to lose 1597 to 1600 with our last cart being a second from capping (the cart icon was touching the end-point on the map). My MMR isn't high but it still really sucks losing a competitive battleground due to an easily remedied, random advantage.Geezushkrist11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 the state of BG's ATM is disapointing I only PVP i dont pve at all I play both horde and alliance toons and have to say that normal bgs are woefully bad. I lose 9-10 bg regardless of what side i play. I dont know what the !@#$ is going on do other ppl have the same experences as me am i expecting to much from random noobs trying to gear up idk but what it does do is make me think about what other game i can play where ppl know what there doing and try to win. Why pay money to lose all the time i just dont get it is it a blizzard match making fail WHATS GOING ON TELL ME!Creepingdef23 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 What class do you play if you are bad at PvP? Im really bad at PvP for some reason. Its not because I dont know BG objectives, because I do or I keyboard turn and click, because I dont. I just cant play like a lot of people do in the videos I watch where they have like 50 keybinds and can 1v4 people like its nothing. I have tried Arena and went like 2-20 before quitting. I know how to play my classes and understand their abilities because I can clear raids but its like I forget how to play when a BG starts. Have been playing since TBC but every time I try to do BGs as Alliance it ends up being a horrible experience with many losses, with people raging at you in chat and makes me never want to queue again. So my conclusion is I am bad. So whats the easiest class to play in BGs with the least amount of keybinds so I can actually help my team instead of holding them back?Saiina45 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Let 85's be in their own bracket. I'm sick and tired of running into 85's with upwards of 430-450 blue gear that can crit 60k ice lances. This is getting ridiculous. Throw them in their own bracket if they want to be forever 85.Daad2 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Anyone else have there CR wiped to 0! my friend was in a legit 2300 team and had his cr wiped to 0 and we dont know why hes a legit player and does pvp from the heart man so blues please get onto this asap im sure its a bug.Prolyrics0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 60's Twink thread #170 aint even mad TURN OFF YOUR EXP BECAUSE WRATH OF THE LICH KING IS THE STARTER EDITION NOW. Q&A (Eldrazi's work) 1. Why should I twink at 60? Unlike the other twinking brackets (with the exception of 70 twinks) the 60 bracket adds a little more then the average bracket because of our gear options. Not only can 60 twinks PvP, we also have raids. Some choose to get help from higher levels to get gear, others enjoy reliving old times and raiding with only 60s. There's a collection of gear and PvP gear for us to use and collect. There's deeper talents we can get compared to the lower brackets, and our profession bonuses are good, too. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Do 60 exp-off games pop? No, as of MoP, exp-off games sadly do not pop. If and when games start up again, remember to queue WARSONG GULCH and ARATHI BASIN. Keep checking to see if you're still in queue, bugs are being reported of randomly kicking a player from queue after a random amount of time. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3. How do I turn off my exp? There are "Exp eliminators" In Stormwind and Orgrimmar.They can be found here,Alliance: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35365/behstenHorde: http://fr.wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4. Are there any PvP\vanilla raiding twink guilds? <Screams of the Past> - Draka (Alliance) - Only level 60 only raiding guild at the moment. Screams of the Past website is: www.screamsofthepast.com <Vanilla Ice Cola> - Dath'Remar (Alliance) Vanilla Ice Cola's website is: www.vanilla.guildlaunch.com <Team Pre BC> -Coilfang (Horde) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5. What levels are in this bracket? 60-64. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6. Is it possible to use the bolt gun, or other high level engineering perks in this bracket? The people who got 450 engineering before they nerfed the level requirement have perks available, but post 4.2 60s can no longer use things like the boltgun or big daddies. You can no longer level non-gathering primary professions to 450. Very few players have these perks, and most don't use them in BGs. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7. How high can I level professions in this bracket? Gathering professions can level up to 450. Primary professions can level up to 375. Be sure to research profession perks before leveling them, some patterns can only be learned with certain rep gains from TBC, and some of those reps may now be unobtainable for 60s. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8. Why should I bother going to an all 60 guild\server? With the release of 4.1 there is less of a reason, yes, but there's a community here. People you can talk to, raid with, duel, help out, group, farm, whatever you need there's always twinks online. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9. What's the best class to twink at 60? There is no real "Best class" to twink. Play what you find fun, it'll encourage you to play more, thus making the bracket more active than it already is. Any class is great if you know how to play it correctly ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10. What raids are currently available, how do I start gearing up? The raids that are currently left are: Molten Core, Ahn'Qiraj Temple, Ahn'Qiraj Ruins and Blackwing Lair. Naxxramas, Zul'Gurub and Onyxia are currently unavailable for 60s. There's plenty of gear from raids to gather, there's also PvP gear that's really cheap honor that's easy to get. If you're not interested in pure-vanilla twinking, you can also go to Outlands and collect the Hellfire Ramparts & quest items for a significant start to twinking. Current events: None If you would like to be included on semi-organized games add Drillbreaka (nuztayn123@gmail.com or drillbreaka#1419). He does a bad job of getting enough people on both sides.Arkysnark500 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Where's the lvl 19 exp off thread? It seems the lvl 19 bracket isnt as lively as it once was :(Enérgy3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 fix your PvP game I have never hated pvp more than i currently do and I have been playing and enjoying wow pvp since Vinella. This currently implentation is crap and you are taking waaaaay too long to fix it. -Warriors are the most OP crap i have ever witnessed in pvp and that includes Wrath Dks. how did this get past beta?? nerf their cc and survivability all you want but their damage is just insanely too high and they will be complete BS until you change this, they are still OP on the patch. -Way too much CC , cc CDs are much too short and they are way too easily applied and every class has too many. this makes pvp very unfun. I am very disapointed to hear you reverted the blanket CS nerfs. sad, it was very needed. - your pvp balance changes need to happen faster, i just cant wait as long as you want me to to enjoy pvp again. the key thing to note is all my pvp friends and i are nearly completely avoiding pvp now because of how UNFUN it is - damage is just too high, people can go down in split seconds. its much too twitchy and stressful. pvp currently isnt about skill its about what class has the best burst or the best burst-escape and about who can mash their buttons to blow all their offensive and defensive cds faster. its crap.. how can you leave both priest healing specs so bad for so long? we need PvP balance changes faster simple as that. I have had to mostly sit out an entire season and historically i have been mainly a pvper and lately i only do pve. its sad.Ditsi13 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Dear Blizzard: First Impressions/Feedback Dear Blizzard, I just hit 90 last night and decided to just do battlegrounds for gear and found myself in a very different world from what it used to be oh so long ago in vanilla and in tbc. I was so overwhelmed and disgusted by how things are, I felt it necessary to give you my feedback on the changes you've made to this game over the last 4 years: Gear gap - I thought it was bad in vanilla when geared mages could sheep-> pyro/pom/pyro you in one go every 3 minutes and warriors/rogues were the only dps classes in pvp... Now I have to deal with being entirely unable to even put a dent in certain classes, namely any healer, any hybrid and warriors/dks/hunters and being either easily trained to death or straight up twoshot by them. Why are you forcing entry level characters to play against max gear full resil players that take half damage and do like +50% onto those players? Resilience makes way too big a difference for that to be something you can do... At the end of the day even if I win, it's most unsatisfying because I realize I did not contribute to the team to any extent and was a speedbump more than anything else for the other team. Resilience - The stat was unneeded to begin with, you simply applied a bandaid to something that didn't need THAT big of a fix. There were two classes that did very significant amount of burst, instead of just bringing those classes in line, you decided to change the dynamics of the whole game... Okay, what's done is done... why do you keep on trying to break it more? Originally it completely changed how pvp was played, classes became entirely unviable if they were crit-based, only classes that were played were crit-less or auto-crit classes. That lasted for two expansions. What did you do next? You changed it to just decrease the damage... why not do that in the first place... by the same amount... for everyone? Why even have a stat? Just reduce damage done by players to players by 50% and close the book, stop making the game more complicated than it needs to be (occam's razor applies to game design just as much as to anything else). New Battlegrounds - Why the need for nothing but KOTH variations with overly complexed and mostly ignored mechanics? We now have essentially 3 AB's, 2 AV's and 2 WSG's and two somewhat original maps that are so poorly tuned, it's overall entirely unfun and uninteresting to play. There's no real originality between those maps, it's just placement variation and in many cases it has features that don't even matter. Like isle of conquest only REALLY has 3 points, not 5, and 1 of them is so vastly superior to the others, that game is pretty much revolving around it. The new WSG is almost a carbon copy of original one, I don't even understand why it's there, there's next to no difference, most of it is just cosmetic. Current issue that I found with Strand is that vehicles have 3mil hp on average, which is far too much. When most people that I've seen are only able to do 30-40k dps to it reliably, it doesn't die fast by any means. As a matter of fact, you can pretty much stroll through all of the gates with a single demolisher if you only have a single person beating on it the whole way. The switch afterward automatically giving a win to the side that pushes through is also ridiculous, it should be a draw, not a win: Defending team essentially gets two chances to win, and offense needs to win twice. Moving on... Class balance - I am no guru on this topic, but I definitely have to question the strength of warriors and monks currently. Monks can easily 2v1 in most situations, healing monks are straight up unkillable by anything less than a full team. I wish I had the recording of my last game where I had 6 of my teammates beating on a geared healing monk and at no point were we able to get him below 400k, silences, stuns, nothing was enough. Warriors have 3 stuns now, which I definitely have to question. They're essentially a replacement for rogues from what I gather? Just a huge plated rogue that has condition-independent aoe stuns and much better mobility and doesn't need cooldowns? I don't know... I've been getting largely disappointed, bliz. You first completely bummed me out with SC2, proceeded to ruin my mood with D3, and now I decide to give wow a chance again, and all I see is a trainwreck that I can't even accept as a game? If this is really how this is, you might want to consider doing something else with your life... selling vegetables, maybe? This is just my feedback, it's somewhat ignorant as I haven't seen the top end pvp, but I don't think I'm going to with how painful gear farm is.Sahen50 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 movement impairing abilities i think the developers have gone way overboard with not one but multiple movement impairing abilities for all classes.i would like them to limit them to healers and maybe one [ with 20 sec cooldown ] for rogues.game should have same cooldown for these abilities as the cooldown to get out of them,making players chose wisely when to use them and when not to.i know as a hunter i use my disengage against a warrior,he can charge and stun me at least 5 times before my disengage's cooldown is up.Puffadder5 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Someone for the love of Thrall fix shockadins and i know that im low level but this is ridiculous i don't have bad gear and 45 pally killed me in one stun one hit from fist of just and she killed me with 2 second left on the stun that just ridiculousSuperstabby3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Human or Gnome For Mistweaver Is there a distinct advantage to being human over gnome with healing. With my current trinket set up I'd only lose a few hundred spirit and on use health or lose 1300 power and lose no spirit-I'd gain an extra 5% mana pool and with gnome racial with tigers lust as well as my medallion I'd be even more difficult to be caught by a melee. Another reason that sometimes may help is it will be more difficult to see me due to the small stature. So please your opinions.Roundhoused3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Horde Rouge looking for RBG's Im looking for people that put together rbg groups that need a rouge. Ive got 1600 rbg experience im looking more to play for fun rather then farm rating but getting higher rating is fun too. Ive got good pvp skills, willing to try out if you want have a working mic and vent. add my real id thing bhairth0@frostburg.edu and looking forward to fun rbg's!Swagfull3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 "Need Ret and GTG" anyone ever seen it?Malachi18 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Are the queues messed up? I have been only doing pvp on my rouge since level 10. (I wanted to see why I hate rouges haha) The queues went from about 1-10 minutes long, to the last week has been either "50+ minutes or Unavailable" Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there really a lack of lvl 50-54 toons pvp'n? Gaurwaith9 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Battlegrounds and Multiboxers I'm just going to ask, are multiboxers allowed to queue for BGs? I just saw an Alterac Valley BG with 5 multiboxed DKS and 5 multiboxed druids, it was pure bull!@#$ and it was impossible to push with those multiboxers there. I think Blizzard should stop being greedy a-holes and really fix the multiboxing problem. Edit: and before many of you idiots go on saying "Play better" or "Group up", put yourself in this scenario, you have a group of 3-5 people going to take a bunker or whatever, and all of the sudden, a multiboxer comes out of nowhere killing everyone one by one and full PvP gear. Wouldn't you be pissed about how that is allowed?Epstien12 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Battleground Experience Some of us love leveling through battlegrounds, is there any chance Blizzard might increase the experience gain from them? You could roughly change the experience to be around the same as what you'd recieve from an instance at that level. I think it's a cool idea.Blissbomb1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Make random BG more like random dungeon. How about making random BG start at lvl 10 and have a reward like random dungeon for winning. Maybe pvp gear, healing pots only good for bg's, or maybe extra honor sometimes. IDK, something to make it a bit more interesting. Let the trolling begin.Kirtis4 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 equal rights in wsg on the horde side you can get bezerk buff while you have bloodlust on the alliance side when you have heroism, if you go to get bezerk u get trapped in the hutThugnifacent16 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 RBG titles and MMR Hello, What are the specific titles and matching MMR's to earn the titles? For example, 1400 mmr gives the title "private", etc. thank youDirkdigglerz1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Addon To Track Teammates CC Looking for an addon that will help keep track of how much my teammates are CCing in RBGsßoom1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 85s thread of - I finally got to make one! Well you see here, this is where we discuss 85 twink battlegrounds and such. 85 XP-Off Community Information Players that have not upgraded to Mists of Pandaria will automatically be queued in the experience-off bracket. For those that have Mists, join the community by visiting Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar to turn off your experience. Season 11 (Cataclysmic) gear is available at vendors in Dalaran Sewers and Gadgetzan. Currently there are gear sets missing for hybrid classes. Monks do not have gear available yet. Both these issues are expected to be resolved... sometime. Here is a helpful guide for gear by Peculia! http://www.wowhead.com/news=210062/gear-guide-twinking-with-pandaria-gear Advantages of twinking at 85 - Fast queues (generally 5-10 minutes during peak hours) - Less gear disparity than many other brackets, particularly 80-84 - Healers aren't Godmode like at 70 - Zero/minimal bot presence Disadvantages of twinking at 85 - It can be expensive to level professions, gem, and enchant your gear - but once you're done, you're done! No endgame gear treadmill. - Some BiS items require camping either the auction house for rare items or camping rare spawns in Pandaria (but viable alternatives exist) Professions of note - max level 600 - Through Archaeology you can acquire Spear of Xuen, Umbrella of Chi-Ji and Quilen Statuette which are all upgradable to iLvl 471. To farm these items without a level 90, do not level Archaeology past 525; that way, all your Archaeology sites will be in the Jade Forest. - Alchemy increases the effects of almost all consumables as well as offering Zen Alchemist Stone, also upgradable to ilvl 466. - Blacksmithing allows you to add two more MoP gems to your gear. - Engineering has powerful and entertaining tinkers. - Herbalism allows you to acquire Water Spirit and Life Spirit in addition to Lifeblood (2880 haste for 20 seconds). Other Items of Note - Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King (BiS 2-hander available from BMAH, armory link not yet working) - Kafa Press - Crystal of Insanity Arenas To queue for Arenas, you will need to toggle your xp to "on." Rated Battlegrounds RBGs are starting, with several guilds having participated in at least one game. Direct your attention to some of the larger guilds if RBGs interest you. <chill for a minute> and <chill for a moment> are planning Draft RBG nights in the future once they have the numbers to do so. Raiding Battletags are used to organize raids and pvp groups. Browse the thread for current information. Guilds Horde <chill for a moment> - Mannoroth <DONTGETMADGETGLAD> Area 52 <Axiom> Frostmourne <Nerd Cleave> Frostmane <Sad Pandas> Tichondrious Alliance <chill for a minute> - Mannoroth <Twinks United> Shandris <Puritania> Kargath <Nerd Cleave> Sargeras <i luv christina perri> FrostmournePíkachu500 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Blue and epic gear sharing set bonus I have a couple pieces of Dreadful, if I get two of the Malevolent epic set will I get the 4 piece bonus?Greenmonstr6 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 [French/Français] <QUEBEC OP PLAYER> (PvP) This post will be in both languages ; English and French so you guys can understand whatever you speak. In English/Anglais : Zup guys. <QUEBEC OP PLAYER> is recruiting PVPers for our Rated Battlegrouds and Arena Teams. We're a bunch of PVP player from Quebec in Canada. We speak 100% french in our guild chat and on skype. Many of us are 2200+, most of us 2000+. Our Core Group is 2300+ CR and our guild is based on Zul'jin (PVE), wich is a realm where 80% of the player on Alliance side speak french. We are now recruiting other good french PVP player on every server. If you want more information, ask in-game on Zul'jin : Haryx or Rogueqt or Quebeec. For english people, maybe you don't really understand why we aren't playing on French server. I will explain quick : French realm are from Europe and the difference between East Cost Day Time and Europeen Day Time is about 6 hours. So at 8h PM in the USA, it is 2h AM in France. Many of us were playing on French Europeen server before and we couldn't deal with the infinite queue time, so ths is why we're playing on US server. In French/Français : Salut à tous. <QUEBEC OP PLAYER> recrute des joueurs de PVP pour nos groupes de Rated Battlegrounds et d'Arena. Nous sommes des joueurs Québecois. Notre guilde est née sur Zul'jin, un serveur PVE où la population est pratiquement 80% de joueurs francophones du Québec du côté de l'Alliance. Nous parlons 100% français sur le guild chat et sur skype. Notre Core Group est actuellement 2300+ Plusieurs d'entre nous sommes 2200+, la plupart sont 2000+. Pour plus d'information, demandez en jeu sur Zul'jin : Haryx ou Rogueqt ou Quebeec. Thanks/merci. -HaryxHaryx1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 How to tank the flag as a resto druid. Something that I believe is widely overlooked is the vaibility of resto druids as flag carries. A skilled resto druid can tank against 3-4 dps and peel for himself while making optimal use of his speed increasing cooldowns and root breaking shifts. Speed increasing CDS: Dash Travel Form Stampeding Roar Displacer Beast Peels: NS Clone Nature's grasp Bash or Disorienting Roar Defensives: Barkskin Ironbark Might of Ursoc Heart of the Wild in Bear Form Tree of Life Death Knight Symbiosis: Icebound If you chain your defensives perfectly one after the other, you can have an active damage reduction cooldown up for almost two minutes.... But by this time you have barkskin and ironbark back, so really you can go for MUCH longer with only small gaps in between cooldowns. The tier set bonus is so nice for this application because it allows you to stack ironbark within the rotation and still have it off cooldown when there is nothing else. A common approach I take is to NS clone the first inc. Its whatever, you have so much else to deal with damage that grabbing one guy's trinket or making him fall behind is worth it to me. You'll then probably just displacer beast away while your teammates peel, and stack x3 LB + rejuv. Hop in travel form, and when you get stunned the first time, just icebound straight away and keep moving. Usually after the HoTs fall behind and icebound ends you'll go quickly to barkskin and ironbark, and even sometimes at the same time because that's how nuts it can get. (One of your goals is to simply not cast, or if you are ABSOLUTELY FORCED to cast with no other options, try to fake the pummel or clone the mage/spriest/lock first so you don't get silenced.) Soon after, while remembering to at all times maintain full HoTs, you'll likely have NS back for a heal or clone. In this space you can do things like displacer beast again, or typhoon the enemy away from you. If you drop low a second time, you will pop HotW and use growl to insantly turn into a tank off the gcd. Make this macro: #showtooltip Heart of the Wild /target enemy /use growl /use Heart of the Wild This suddenly puts you in Bear Form, and with full HoTs stacked, you should be able to tank a significant ammount of damage due to the radical increase of armor form HotW. Here, you will probably wait for a bloom to top you, and you might be poping barkskin off cooldown again as well, but the important thing is, Heart of the Wild is a 45 second cooldown! Your Tree of Life will not be forced for another 45 seconds, in this time you'll likely displacer beast again or use stampeding roar, and don't forget to fit a Frenzied Regeneration in there somewhere while you stack HoTs and stay in bear form as much as possible, using only NS and swiftmend to heal so you dont have to cast, and trusting your other healers to top you. Bash somebody when they get in your face. If the pressure is still on after this cooldown ends, you will hop into Tree of Life, and here you can begin to instantly root every enemy melee that you see, or use the ability Mass Entanglement if you chose it over Typhoon. You can easily outheal most damage in tree form and also do significant spread healing. By this time icebound will be soon back of cd and you will have ironbark and barkskin again right as Tree Form ends. Don't forget to spam Nature's Grasp ;)Anoru9 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Low level PvP Vendor's. Hello, why is it that low level PvP vendors still have class restrictions on them? I mean Blizzard makes new classes and then the "new" class can't use any of the gear from them, it makes no sense that original classes can. I got the honor and went to the Hammerfall vendor to get my new star spangled blue upgrades and low and behold I couldn't use anything from there like I usually do on all my other toons.Now i know DK's had the same problem, But from their starting quest hub.The blue's that they attained are far better for the most part then the epic's from the PvP vendors. I don't know if this has already been mention and i apologize if it has already been, Just that I'm "You mad bro?" Yes, yes I am...Battletoad6 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Healing tactics? Since I hit 90 (a bit over a week ago), I've mostly been running Instances and random Battlegrounds (as heals). I've become fairly decent at healing 5's (I'm not good, but so long as everyone else knows how to play, we probably won't wipe), but I'm horrible in PvP. Last night, I was playing in Arathi Basin and I was killed by a Hunter's pet wolf. I think. It might've been a druid, maybe. But it was embarrassing, to be killed by a lonesome pet. I should say that I'm not very good at WoW, in general. I played a Warlock (and this Paladin, a little) in Cata, and I was pretty mediocre even then. I'm just hoping to get a few answers to these questions: - How should I go about healing in BGs? (even small, general pointers would be nice) - Is PvP healing very dependent on PvP gear? - Is PvP Holy Paladin stat priority much different from PvE (Int/Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit)? Also, from what I can tell, am I right to say that I should probably avoid Ret, end of story? Ret was pretty good in Cata, I think, so I kind of always wanted to do that. Just don't know about sticking to only Healing. 'Cause Prot's pretty much only for tanking, right? Anyway, a bit of advice would be much appreciated.Outro7 Jan 29, 2013