Battlegrounds

Mar 17, 2013 Shadowpriests and RBG burst. During Cataclysm when I was more intuned to RBGS, I had a big thing for target calling, as I didn't feel anyone else was competent enough to call obvious overextended targets (having more awareness than a tunneling melee class (no h8)). However, now that mind spike and archangel etc have been revamped/removed, I feel as though shadowpriest burst is semi-non existent. With the exception, of course, of 3 orb devouring plague into a mind flay with insanity. Is mind spike spamming still more efficient for bursting than dev plague is? I feel like saving 3 orbs for a target switch/call is a waste of possible damage I could be throwing out somewhere else. Any opinions on this topic? thanks!Helltooth8 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 life of being focused. stun, fear, fear, stun, root, root, stun. dead. i love pvp, but if that's what happens in the first 10 seconds of encountering a group fight. there is something wrong and very broken. that's just my opinion.Blindanger4 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Amount of battle ground run in total? Out of every realm on wow over the 8-9 years of the game being around. how many battle grounds have been played in total? i would imagine it would be in the billions but im just curious?Arenius1 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Thunder Island How do you get the pvp quest at Thunder island?Sisofmercy1 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 alterac valley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93YBucketz1 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Random BGs and Strategies When you enter a Random BG, do you listen to any game plans that are laid out during the pre-buffing stage?Darican13 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 LF RBGs 2.2k arena, 2k rbg (pugged late in past seasons) Spriest LF guild or RBG core Available Weekday mornings and afternoons (EST)Ethandryl0 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Rating System for Regular Battlegrounds. I propose we institute a rating system for regular battlegrounds that will affect players who are misbehaving and for players who are making outstanding efforts....Here goes. Give us the ability to vote/rate someone based on their performance, with the labels like "Honorable, Cooperative, Helpful, and my personal favorite OMBBQCHICKENAWESOME!(literally, if this system gets implemented, please, make that one of the labels for good behaivor or actions!)" for those who people see as such. And give us labels such as "Un-Coorperative, Aggressive(chat insults or trolling), Bad Sport(short for sportsmanship, because I like the term, gives it a cool vibe for a bad term) someone who complains excessively over losing or actions(yeah I might get this one a bit, i'll be honest), and Coffee/Smoke Break(obviously for those who go afk). How this system could work would be if you get an overwhelming amount of bad or good feedback as a sum or from one factor or attribute, a penalty or reward could be issued in a couple of ways : 15 min time out in increments upwards(similar to deserter, though aptly named more harshly :D) or as a good Label applied while in battlegrounds denoting your particular playstyle, either being good or bad. Simple or Small rewards for for having continually being rated positive. Going to stop here for now and pick up the post later. Give me your thoughts folks on how this system could be better and how we can persuade blizzard to implement it.Aginorsedai14 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Tank looking for Rated Battlegrounds Greetings friends, I'm a RBG tank or DPS looking for a good group. I'm a Knight, I speak English and I'm seeking a good group for RBG matches. Please contact me at svaryag#1871Svaryag0 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Just a thought I think it would be a good idea to have the pvp gear for each bracket level with your character like the boa gear does. There is such a huge advantage over the lvl 70 pvp gear by using lich pve gear that it is ridiculous. I have around 17k health right now and see lots of people in this bracket with well over 30k. This seems like it would be easy enough to do since the infrastructure already exists for boa gear and it would be great to let's say buy your pvp gear at lvl 70 and have it actually remain viable for doing pvp until you reach the next lvl of gear. Just wondering if anyone had thought about this or had any thoughts on the idea. I mean really in vanilla or BC the pvp gear was the only way to go if you were doing battlegrounds, now its pretty much useless until you hit the highest levels. I'd like to see it so that pvp gear was viable enough that you aren't getting one shotted by mages in lich king gear!Kini5 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Random Battlegrounds, Arrgghh! I love PvP with a passion, There's nothing I love more than healing an awesome group. It's fun and fast pace. But lately I've been getting a tad irritated in Battle Grounds. It seems everyone has their mind set to top "Killing Blows" / "Damage Done" It's been a while since I've enjoyed a Battle Ground. Sorry for the choice of words, But I've noticed EVERYONE is extremely "Cocky" There's only a few players who do try to win a Battle Ground. My heart sinks seeing a player with 320k HP grab the flag, While the rest of the geared players just sit in mid doing nothing at all. "-while the efc runs past them" Same with Arathi Basin, I see a nice geared group, things are going well! We've capped three bases- But know one is defending them. Last time I checked, we need to defend three bases to win. Not take a base then all bail. So, We have three bases and I'm stuck, sitting at Lumber Mill "Alone" calling bases which are now turned over to Alliance. BEST PART- The entire team is for some reason at Stables while all bases are left empty. I'll be honest, I hate being a Flag Carrier, and Defending bases... And how I HATE jumping into demolishers since no one else does. Right before we lose, Everyone begins to point fingers or brag: "top hks, u jelly? u got caried" "evryone rush stbles1!" "scrubs look at my HK's" Any ways, Thanks for reading. "TLDR" -I understand :PCribble7 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 DK Madness - Blizz gets it wrong - AGAIN DK's are the current Kings of the Universe. In bg's they invariably head the list by the proverbial 'country mile' in all aspects: damage, KB's, HK's and often, even heals. They were deadly and very competitive before 5.2. Now, they are indeed Blizzard's Hero Class at its finest. They should enjoy their time in the sun before the current rage of the player community at the outrageous disparity now in place forces Ghost Crawler to once again offer the olive branch, live up to his name, and come crawling with the customary nerf. It can't come too soon. What was GC thinking? DK population in freefall? (that was the excuse for restoring rogues to classic-like epic-ness). In replying to this post, Blizzard fan-bois trolling on their master's behalf should look to getting the facts in order before descending to personal atacks.Tapdanca14 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Solved premade issue? Lies. So i queued thinking after everything blizzard said they must have solved he premade problem in random bg's. Low and behold i queued and 50% of the team was a premade. LOL You blizzard are a liar. All people do is push the rule to its max and still get free hk's. Solving this is very simple. Do not allow any team's in random bg's. Stop the cheating. Rolling pugs and win sharing should not be the norm.Joshen10 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Tank spec in pvp? Besides RBG flag carrying. Why do ppl do this?Ithappëns16 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Can't queue Rated if one is/was in normal BG So it takes a while for a Rated BG team to get together. Apparently, while I wait for this to happen, I can do the following: - Go into a dungeon, and quit dungeon midway when Rated BG group is ready. - Go into LFR, and quit LFR midway when Rated BG group is ready. - Do pet battles, and quit pet battles when Rated BG group is ready. However, I cannot do the following: - Go into a random battleground, and quit midway when the Rated BG group is ready. Apparently: - even though the PvE deserter debuff does not interfere with PvP activities; and - the PvP deserter debuff does not interfere with PvE activities; ... the designers thought it wise to prevent people from participating in normal battlegrounds, if they're waiting for a Rated BG group to form. Where is the sense in this? In order to be able to PvP, you have to NOT PvP for a while?Elocyn1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Starting BGs with half health?!?!?!? What's the deal with this lately? I notice in a BG eveyones health regenerates as soon as you enter, from nothing very quickly BUT if you join a match already in progress ....you are stuck with half health. It's happened a few times already. anyone else noticing this?Hulagirl10 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Starting BGs with 40% Health? What is the point of this? Get rid of it, all it is doing is aggravating everyone!Escalate6 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 LF X-Realm RBG's--Dragonblight 3s-5s arena My realm is rapidly becoming a "dead server" especially for pvp. Anyone that wants to X-realm rbg reply on here and we can work on getting together a team. Any Dragonblight people wanting to arena pst/mail me in gameRunandhide1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 RBGS, Blizzard, and the musings of a rogue Dear Blizzard Dev team, I will attempt to be succinct despite my general predisposition to be a Chatty Cathy and create a wall o' text that by comparison would have made the Berlin wall seem nothing more than a street curb. When MOP was released and we rogues went into our little crisis of seeming well....irrelevant to the WoW pvp community, I found myself like so many others...displaced. I could not find an RBG team, my former teammates and "friends" would not allow a "broken" class to play with them because of their elite status as Blood Guards. This forced me to create my own team and for the entire past season rotate through new players with the frequency of a cheap HAM radio. So to all of the players that I met who did not get to play on my RBG team due to my personal inexperience and mistakes such as setting minimum CR's and gear requirements; If you are reading this, please accept my apologies. I was new to it and did not at the time realize that I had become what I hated. I hope you face-roll me one day because I deserve it. I hope you find a beautiful wife, I hope you drive a nice car, and I hope you never suffer from a goiter or gout or anything nasty like that because I want to wish you all the best. However, by my third rotation of rejecting players due to team comp, or some other stupid reason, I had an epiphany. The RBG team isn't really about the in game characters as much as it is about the players running those characters. I stopped caring about current ratings or a person's gear, experience, or racial bonus. Instead, I starting playing with people who were fun people based strictly on that qualification alone. This allowed me to form what healthy people refer to as "friendships." We had a steep learning curve together, but my team quickly grew to 17 friends that I had met in game and all were Legionnaires by the end of the season. We are pretty proud of that achievement because it took some work. We are struggling at the moment because we are finding ourselves facing teams that are obviously less coordinated, make large positioning and tactical errors when fighting us, but still kill us so quickly that we become tempted to QQ rather than Pew Pew. After a week of a 1:3 win loss ratio, many of us have turned to smoking and drinking and I do believe both of our Resto Shaman had to find therapists. However, those members of our team who research before they rage use the armory and find us frequently matched against players with T2 weapons that were acquired by achieving 500 or 600 rating in one day last season. We are not discouraged. I know that some people can make a good rating jump in a couple of days by getting a slot on an experienced team with a higher MMR. That's how I got my Champion title last season. But most are win traders, and we know it. Blizzard, my friends, you are not responsible for those who cheated. The nature of many people is to be prone to exploit any opportunity to get ahead without putting work in. Because of the changes you have made this season, it will balance out and we will have vengeance. There will be much crying from those who currently wield what they did not earn. We are very much looking forward to meting out some smiting to the egos of these win trading cheaters and to cathartically dispel our current frustration by delivering unto these aforementioned squishy faced homunculi a karmic fist pounding like a digital suppository once we have /earned/ our own T2. I would like to say thank you for the changes that you have made to the T2 gear requirements, it was a fair and reasonable solution to the problem. I would like to say thank you for allowing the honor based Malevolent gear to have increased power and resilience to allow new PVP players to have competitive gear. PVE players should not have to face being farmed just because of gear. My team is mostly PVE players who never played a single RBG prior to playing with me, and I wouldn't trade any of them for even the very best of the stereotypical elitist PVP heroes. I have met many cocky PVP stud-muffins while on my path of L2P. They consistently have the effect of making me want to puke in my mouth rather than listen to one more diatribe about how lucky we are that they are playing with us. I wanted to give a general and sincere "Thank you" to the developers for continuing to work on the competitive PVP element of WoW. The friendships I've formed with my teammates make me enjoy playing even when we lose. The gear differential that we face occasionally due to players with unearned gear is not discouraging. When we face teams who have T2 that earned it, we know very quickly that they didn't need it to beat us. So we learn from them and we keep practicing. Regards, Thanks, and have a good one. World of Warcraft has shown me many a good time. yeah, I know, TL:DR Slyck "Gambling, Tinkering, Laundry baby"Slyck10 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Thx for trying blizzard..shams still broken.. Still dealing with too many issues that could be easily fixed. Doing bgs is almost like a horror movie. I pop ascendance and everyone sails on me. I can never use shamanistic rage because IM stunned or silenced. I can no longer kite anyone thanks to all the new cc, warriors with 2 charges and 2 stuns, pallies with 2 hof and such. I like primal elementalist but sometimes latentcy/lag causes me to click the useless searing totem and override my level 90 talent. Stormslash totem is useless because it gets 1 shotted. Actually all our totems get one shotted. Here's a question I net no one can answer: why does hex have a cd and other cc doesn't like fear? This is just to point out the fact that shamans are severely broken. Sometimes I regret getting my shaman to 90... Should have just leveled another alt. I know this is slot if qq but I don't expect major changes overnight but someone please tell me that shamans are being looked at seriously.Cliintous47 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Which class can kill hunters 1v1? They're seriously pissing me off so I want to reroll something that can wreck their day. Any suggestions?Silariel39 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Idea to balance healing in random BGs Reduce healing done by 10% for each healer on a team past one; Or perhaps 15% for each past two, something like that. Encourages team diversity, discourages boring turtles and makes games more dynamic while not really doing anything to the healers if they're in reasonable numbers. Course, this might need tweaking for AV / Isle but those aren't real BGs so who cares!Silariel18 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 WTB hit rating in bottom of 85-89 bracket Brilliant idea blizz, lets make every1 lvl 89 in EVERY bg then nerf their stats to match the dim returns. IDK how they expect this work out, i mean i literally have 20% HR in org on my shammy then i get into a bg and he has 5%!!!!!! WTF IS THAT!!!!!!!! Can i hit somebody w/ my spells pls????!!! I mean a 3.5% chance to miss at 85 when rly hes WAAAYYYY over hit cap for casters. What am i supposed to do reforge everything into hit?? Heres an idea for you guys at Blizz, QUIT CODDLEING THE CRY BABIES.! If they cant win then they shouldnt be pvp'n, or they should practice more to get better instead of cryin about how they get raped by so and so class every bg. I have plenty of pvp under my belt and i can tell you for certain that just because its harder to kill some classes then others, you can still beat em w/o cryin to Blizz to nerf everything. Anyway, Can I get my hit rating back???? I would like to be able to HIT my target pls. Yet another epic fail brought to you by Blizzard EntertainmentLoordsoth0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Frost Mage LF RBG Team. Add me on wow if you need a mage.Getbombed0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 PvP Gear up. Is it worth it to spend a couple thousand gold on the dreadful gladiators set, to have it while I'm working on getting the malevolent? Or should I ignore it, and just work on getting malevolent?Grizzi9 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 ATTN: LF some help with Guardian PvP!!! I decided to try to make a toon I can FC with in RBGs.I just wanted advice on how I should reforge, gem, enchant, glyphs, and which talents to use. Also, any good add ons and macros I should be using? Thanks in advance. /smileNoçturnal2 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Since someone asked...heres my sham fixes.... 1. Turn ghost wolf into a CD that increases our movement speed by 70% for 5 seconds. 25-30 second CD. Reason: as I said in my last post, we just can't create space to cast spells. 2 charges, 2 hand of freedoms+pally slows and speed boosts,2 death grips, burst of speed, 2 sprints and countless cc and stuns...these are all reasons we get mowed down....simply can't create space. All the added stuns and similar effects make the current ghost wolf with glyph useless. 2. Un-tether elementals from totems. Reason: I don't see how this didn't get changed a long time ago. Go to far and they vanish. Bad enough they are on a 5 min CD. I can't stand accidentally overriding my elementary. They should be pets we can't control unless we have prime elementalist. 3. ALL totems should come with 25% percent of the casters health. Reason: Again, how is this keep getting overlooked? I have to spend gcds on something that can be 1 shotted with a white attack? Totems are the most important part of shaman play and should be treated as such. You don't see any monk statues with 5 health do you? Also the fact that our totems ARE the main part of shaman play and monk statues aren't the main part of theirs. 4. Lightning shield needs 10%-15% passive damage reduction for elemental and enhance. Reason: From my understandimg, every caster has this. Shadow/moonkin form, various mage armors that reduce harmful durations and reduce chance to be critted....lock even have 10% now with 5.2 fel armor. Why do shamans keep getting left out? 5. Provide us with a real defensive CD that makes us immune to silenced like locks UR. Gift of the stonemother: reduces all damage take by 20% and makes you immune to silences and interrupts for 6 seconds. Reason: This to me is shamans biggest problem for all specs. If a mage comes in and silenced me first IM done for because a stun and a barrage of ice lances will soon follow. We got locked out of things the we can help us like a grounding totem. These are just a few simple changes that can help us. Other minor (or kind of major) shaman issues: A. Ghostwolves A.I. I was in a bg getting melted by priest dots. I popped ghost wolves only to watch them stand there until I go and at meeker the priest myself. Also while spirit hunt is a nice heal, it's to easy to cc them. They should always be player controlled with an ability to free themselves from cc. B. Totem range. I hate the fact that if I chase a caster out of grounding totems range, it's a wasted gcd. The range on all totems need to be buffed. 10,20 yards ain't jack. Just my thought for some shaman buffs,that will make us very viable in icon.Cliintous6 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 BG Starting @50% hp/mana No big deal if you're in before it starts. Preparation buff pops you to full instantly. But joining a bg in progress doesn't give that buff, making u have to healup/eat/drink before you can do anything. And if u pop into a flagroom being assaulted @50%, you're toast. Is this intended or just a bug? I can't for the life of me think of a justified reason for this to be working-as-intended.Videoh3 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 No Conquest awarded for Random BG win Twice tonight I won 2 battlegrounds queued under random and received no Conquest for the wins. I am currently at 1800/2200 Conquest for the week and have 50/5000 total due to spending 1750 on gear. Is this a bug or is there a rule not allowing players to reach the weekly Conquest cap of 2200?Herbhunter5 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Truck battleground. So I think there should be a battleground in a truck. Hear me out: I like moving vehicles in-game. I like the tram in Stormwind, and I partial to badass scenes of fighting whilst in motion. It then dawned upon me that we have nothing like this in WoW. Sure, we have BGs with vehicles in them, and we even fight each while moving. But at some point we stop. Unacceptable. I would like a BG where we are constantly moving and never stop. But it has to be cool though. Then I thought to myself... what is the best way to do this? Well Jaum, what is the most awesome type of vehicle ever? Ding-ding-ding! It's a truck. Thus I surmise that a battleground is developed where the Alliance and Horde have giant trucks developed for... something. Gaining resources somehow. And the whole BG is just moving from one truck to the other and doing things to destroy the other truck or preventing the truck from driving the other guys around. My vision is that even when you are standing still, we are ALWAYS moving in this BG, so the background is always something new and interesting. It could make sense, too - if two trucks and driving along, maybe they are competing to unload gold from the same supply train and obtain oil from an oil truck. You can't do this unless you're moving, because the oil truck does not stop moving. You have to catch it. Anyway this is getting long, so I just wanted to throw this idea out to get a NEW type of BG that offers something different than the norm. Please sign and vote if you agree.Jaum2 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Isle of conquest turrets needs a buff. I just wanted to make this thread about how in isle of conquest, it is impossible to get the master of Ioc. The achievement that prevents it from happening is mowed down which is to kill destroy 10 vehicules with turret(and you need to get the killing blow too) and to kill 100 players with turret. For the players it isint so bad since you dont need the Killing blow but considering the fact that the turrets only hit for about 1-6k, Id need to shoot about 2000-3000times just to destroy a single vehicule. If blizzard could at least upgrade the damage of the turrets because at the moment this achievement is simply impossible which prevents us from going for the Khan title. I mean 3k damage on a 3000k hp vehicule is retarded how do you expect us to kill that?Shyutza0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 cooking needs a res/pvp power banquet would be nice setting one of these down ;)Nerrisa1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Entering BG at half health I am not sure if this has been reported or not, but I keep entering BG with half health. This is fine if the BG hasnt started yet, but a disadvantage to me if it has. I just entered one at half health and got jumped and killed by a DK. I dont die to DKs unless he has friends please fix this.Raikes0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Thoughts on Xfering Realms? I am currently playing in Borean Tundra, which is part of the battlegroup Emberstrom. From my understanding, Emberstorm is one of the worst PvP battlegroups in WoW. I enjoy PvP very much, especially random BGs, more than I enjoy PvE; and being part of one of the worst battlegroups for PvP, I am beginning to think that I should switch reals; one with more of an emphasis on PvP. So, what do you all think? Should I get a character transfer to a more PvP oriented realm, and a much better battlegroup?Darican1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Windwalker Monks Are WW monks any good in rated battlegrounds?Zello1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Blood Spec for PVP? Is that stupid? I honestly have no idea how to play Unholy or Frost and I seem to die really quickly in those specs. (though I'm sure if I were to play them more I'd know how to) However I'm really good in Blood as PVP goes. Almost took out a 90 warrior when I was level 87 in Undercity. (Guards helped him kill me) So my question is do most DKs in BGs play as a Blood Spec and I have a feeling my answer is going to be you'll die alot less but you won't be able to kill anyone. I'll take criticisms if need be. This is my first DK after all.Croatoan14 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Has the new season started? I havnt bothered to log back into wow till next season has started been stuck on sc2. wondering if someone could let me know when it starts?Roshimo2 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Full Malv Hunter/HPAL Looking for a serious team to progress. Willing to play on any one of those two. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Designate/simple Real ID: RyNicholas#1645Niccom0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 HORDE - Full gear BM Hunt LF RBG Gunnar#1679 HORDE - Full gear BM Hunt LF RBG Gunnar#1679Komando0 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Lowered Graveyards(WSG) I came back to see how Mists of Pandaria is recently, and I liked quite a bit of it but I noticed the graveyards in WSG were lowered rather significantly. This gives players only one way out of the graveyard, and in games where one side clearly outgears the other this leads to a lot of farming. It seems like this was intentionally done just so that GY Farming could be even easier. Was there some major change that made lowering the graveyards necessary? I can't imagine anyone likes being farmed, and I abhor the occasional game where I have to sit watch my team camp a GY while our Flag Carrier sits about in the flag room waiting for the <1 min marker. There's nothing exciting about it either way.Cytrode5 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 BG Groups Why would Blizzard let a group member enter a BG singly? Cause they are stupid as !@#$. If I have a group and accidentally try to go into a BG singly you would think they would have an error message or something but no. They would like to frustrate everyone and have then quit ubbing I guess.Brayda2 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Full Mal+1Tryan 2300+ExpRogue LF Low MMR RBGs Looking to get in some RBGs. If interested add my battletag Swiftblades#1583 and lets go kill !@#$!Swiftblàdes1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 "Bubbles" Disabled for FC Why is it that every class BESIDES Paladins can throw up their defensive cooldowns, including bubbles/shields, but Paladins cannot? Monks are the BIGGEST offenders of this currently. I understand that Paladins used to be "overpowered" (I didn't play during that time, I'm still currently new) and some of these nerfs are a legacy of that, but what about all the other classes that allow such defensive cool downs? I'm just looking for some consistency.Amuroraye20 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Two Disc Priests smart for RBG? Please forgive this if this is not in the correct subforum. A group of friends are getting a RBG team together, but the issue is two healers are wanting to play disc priests, so the heals would be comprised of: 2 disc priests and a Resto druid. One of the priests does have a holy paladin that is RBG ready. With the recent "nerf" to holy paladins and the buff to Disc priests, would be feasible to just run with 2 priests one for tank healing and the other to assist the druid with raid healing?Zyreth14 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Av and isle removed from bgs the future So blizzard has announced that they plan to make the big bgs into winter grasp. I'm very happy to hear this because av will be restored to its former glory which needed to be done for a long time. -DreadlordNassara14 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 State of non rated pvp in general Before getting flamed for QQing about the state of warriors; this is not what this post is about, the question I pose to Blizzard and the community in general is this. One; why must gear be the end all be all as far as pvp is concerned? I hear from people that are in high rated arena teams and do rated bg's etc, claiming that it isn't about gear its about skill. If this is the case then why the opposition to people acquiring the gear one full tier below them will relative ease.Two; why must CC be the most dominant thing in pvp? Keep in mind that this post is more directed at regular bg's simply for the purposes of discussion and simplicity. He who has the most CC's wins, that is not fun or compelling game play in my opinion. Warriors were in need of a nerf to be sure although I am not too sure that shockwave was really the place to do that, but I digress. I am genuinely curious how people do not get incredibly frustrated at the state of non rated pvp such as it is. I have not had the distinct pleasure of doing rated pvp since about season 3 because of home and work obligations so I can't foray into that discussion with any real knowledge. There has to be some sort of middle ground between getting blown over by over geared characters in random bg's and being given gear. I think that players should have to work for the gear, no doubt, but I know that there are many players out there that discouraged when you queue for match after match only to win maybe one or two out of ten or twelve. This equates to having to spend days farming honor to get somewhere because the honor generated from losing is negligible at best. I do, however have a suggestion, increase the amount of honor gained for participating in randoms for the losing team, or eliminate pre-mades altogether. Tanking classes and healers are almost impossible to kill, again, despite Blizzards statement that they should not be god mode. The state of CC has gotten ridiculous, and something really should be done to curb this, nothing more frustrating that starting a bg and and as soon as you come in contact with the opposing team you find yourself chain cc'd until you are dead. I had a pvp trinket for this toon but found that it did little or no good so I don't use it anymore. Solution, some sort of DR that ties all CC in bg's together, this would not apply in arena or rated bg's since they are coordinated ways to avoid those issues in that particular forum. These are just a couple of off the cuff thoughts that might make random bg's slightly more enjoyable for those of us relegated to "grinding" out honor to get back into the flow of things.Magorr7 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 5 healers vs 0 in flag carrying BG Seriously, Blizzard. This keeps happening. Your matchmaking system forms groups for a flag carrying BG, and puts FIVE healers on one side, and NONE on the other. The objective of a flag carrying BG is to (1) keep your FC alive, (2) kill the opponent's FC, resulting in a cap. Yes, if the healer team is 90% bots and bads, against a team that's 90% geared skilled players, the team without healers can still win. But that's not what normally happens. Check your stats, if you're tracking them at all. You'll see. I would strongly prefer a queue that takes longer and results in at least halfway viable composition, to a queue that pops in 1 minute, but is a predetermined outcome. More battlegrounds happening isn't always better. There's a reason level 10s are in a different bracket than level 90s, isn't there?Elocyn10 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 19 bracket rogues Any plans from Blizz to make this a playable class in this bracket again any time soon?Montavian1 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 5.2 Whats the best class to easy be good atLeatherlord8 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Is this good? During PvP I usually get somewhere between 40-50 honorable kills, is that average, or slightly above?Dylawles3 Mar 16, 2013