Battlegrounds

Jan 10, 2013 Organized Battlegrounds So I've noticed in BG's, players will often say things like, "Where are our healers?" - "Do we even have healers?" ...etc. While one group, being Horde or Alliance, has supporting heals, and the opposing group has nothing but DPS or Protection toons; it is possible, but this makes it more difficult for the group with only DPS to win a BG while the opposite faction is receiving mass heals. I'm not sure if this has been a previous topic, but I don't spend much time in these forums. Anyhow, my idea is simple: Allow BG queue to incorporate role selection, same as Dungeon queue. Not necessarily in need of a specific amount of a particular class. But at least this way each faction has a healer class, and one actually geared and specced for that role. Also, with that said, I also think it would be a great idea to reset CDs after exiting a BG. Same as when you leave an arena battle. Feel free to alter my idea or add any input. ThanksReaps7 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Bots in SotA Just for the record, they all go to green, stand in a little pack on the beach. Just watched a nice collection of them slaughter the one demo spawning on the sand over and over in a tight ball. No alliance anywhere near, gates all going down behind them, BUT THEY HAD THAT DEMO ON LOCKDOWN DAMNITSarafelle3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Hunter, Priest, or Druid best for pvp 5.2? What are your predictions? Hunter, Spriest, or Feral? Feral is my current main but if they cyclone nerf goes live, I probably want to go back to a ranged. I have a hunter and Spriest at 90. Opinions?Preacharound5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Rogue PvP Hey guys, I love pvp but am new at assassin pvp and would love some input . I play on Stonemaul and make vids of youtube of pvp battles at http://www.youtube.com/caseums123 I just want some advice as to what I can do to be better, any response would be appreciated, thank alot!Jarlor3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Is win trading rampant in rated bg? Hello, I recently came back to the game and have been doing some research for pvp setting myself up for the new arena season coming. I notice many of the profiles i happen upon have EXTREME numbers in the rated bgs. For instance ill see something like the following warsong gulch 150 W - 5 L arathi basin 160 W - 7 L alterac 155 W - 6 L eye of storm 7 W - 165 L SoTA 3 W - 145 L Gilnaes 5 W - 150 L SAME PLAYER. I can think of no logical reason why the same player would have such extreme win and loss numbers, and ive seen this more than random circumstance would normally allow. If it was all wins I would understand or even all losses but to have it that split in such an extreme way looks suspicious. I have been away for a while and want to know am I missing something or is this what it looks like, blatent win trading?Constantinne0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Destro Locks 160k Pew Pew Didnt see a post about it so figured I would add one. Destro Locks HIT HARD!!! Maybe a little to hard?Regazozo11 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 wtf cc just got my druid to 90 got 4 pvp pieces on him, i die fast not a problem. But wtf is up with being stun to death or feared every fight i cant even fight back, the more i pvp the closer i am to quiting this game. played as feral two sec after unstealthing stun till dead, same as boomkin. i use to love pvping didnt care if i won or lost, but not fun anymore if most classes can keep u stun every fight as soon as i rez there cc is not even on cd but guess what my trinket is . this is real bs.Flucky38 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 dps/healer role matching please! I know we've all been in this situation... Your team has NO healers, and their team has 2 healers, maybe 3. You completely get stomped. Some of you may have been in the opposite position...your team may have too MANY healers and their team has 2 or so, and you just can't kill them because you lack the dps. It happens very frequently. I'm sure that Blizz, with all of their wisdom, could institute a system where each team gets at least one healer. I'm sure that in that huge BG queue of people, you could give at least 1 healer to each team. You do role matching for everything else, why can't BG's be the same? For flag BG's, you could even throw a tank in there, and I wouldn't be against that. Just please, fix the player role imbalance in battlegrounds.Blondebunny1 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 SIMPLE SOLUTION Just revert back to BC trees, talents, stuns and the ability to be a hybrid. You already have the programming just make it to scale and bingo. Then again u might be feared and not be able to make it back to your keyboard, but thats ok use your trinket . Sales was at a all time high in bc 14 million players enjoying thereselves with fair fighting ,personal BG rankings that didn't require 10 online friends, having a solo accomplishment in regular pvp grounds was the best .Drakøs6 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Great reporting system As title - I can report bots all day, yet I dare complaim in a BG about a team full and can get booted by a multiboxer who disagrees due to being able to submit a group report at one time? Real nice. Oh well, it was just an AV that lost one of the three heals it had on ally (was only 2nd, but that's neither here nor there). Edit: Before it gets stated, yes - I am very bitter.Fayna12 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 lol http://i.imgur.com/g08y6.jpgLolità2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What Is pvp power cap and resil cap for 90's Thank u in advance.Aftermath10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Why the 417 level 80 gear. So I just got back from a long break and I bought MoP. Leveled my healer to 90 and then started leveling my warlock here to pvp at 90. I figured I would get some pvp practice in on my warlock since all the classes have changed. So I entered a battle ground to find a plethora of over geared player; most of them only being 81. So my first and still my only question is why. Why is this a thing? Why does this gear need to be available to level 80. Am I missing something or is there no real reason to why this is a thing. I'm literally being one shot by some classes, and I refuse to accept, sinking 40k gold into gear for 15mins of being op, as an answer. So please restore my hope in this game and give me a real reason why this can even happen.Schemes10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Guardian FC RBGS? I have a guardian offspec and am at 1784 CR in RBGS. I was wondering if its possible to be a good FC using the same gear/gems as i have for feral? Or am i just SoL.Ozball3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Silvershard mines Can someone explain to me why Horde get free caps on the lava cart in this game sometimes? To further explain, sometimes when the game starts the cart is almost at the very end and about to cap, and because horde are closer to it they get there quicker and get a free cap at the start of the gameChiffley29 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 70s love to get forums deleted. jus saying.Squîd1 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Still possible to "exploit" BG achievements? I remember a year ago I made a thread about how people make BG achievements because it's very easy at low levels - as the classes are very poorly balanced. So basically, I can see someone with Battlemaster achievement who can't achieve anything good at level 90. And considering the hardness of some achievements, if you don't do those at level 15, you should work reaaaallly hard get those done at 90... Is it still continuing in MoP?Otherguylb13 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Honor gained......... I just got finished with a BG where I was at least third on EVERYTHING (first on most) except healing and honor gained. How is it possible I can be one of the most active people in the battleground, but 10 other people get more honor than me. It makes no sense. Blizzard seriously needs to think about changing how honor is divied up in the BG. Ok, I am done QQing.Khoivo9 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 ret pally LF rbg team.. 14 pieces malevolent, skype/vent, my current CR is 766 BECAUSE...well..no one ever lets me play lol. spriests with 3pieces malevolent get picked over me -______- but yeah. i been bored lately, just want to do rbgs. hit 1500 last season pugging, i know my class. its not hard, as long as people know what they are doing it should be GG. so idk why having a ret would matter in LOW MMR bgs anyway??Marrero8 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 [H] FC/Arms Warrior LF RBG team Have some experience with mid level RBGs. Always willing to listen and learn. Feel free to check out my Armory and add me in game...Gorebelly#1633Gorebelly0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Honor gear's gimped, and still no weapons So earlier today I went to take a look at my honor gear, noticing the fact that its item level has since gone down significantly. I got my hopes up thinking that this change might be as to implement honor based weaponry, which is desperately needed for some classes, only to find that it's still not ingame. The idea of removing honor based weaponry was so that it wouldn't be able to act as viable was almost entirely written off with the entire 'PVP power' system. Honor based weapons were always lower item level than heroics, and that did keep most things in check. Seeing as honor weapons would now not be considered viable for PVE raids whatsoever, why do they still refuse to give them out? hasn't PVP been gimped enough? So now we can't get new weapons for months? Normally this wouldn't bother me, but with the late PVP 'balancing' on MoP's release, the lack of honor weaponry is only worsening things as the more weapon dependant classes suffer in contrast to casters that are completely wrecking most of us as is. Doesn't anyone else think that the lack of weapons post item level nerf is a bit thoughtless? I think this is just another example of PVP getting the short end of the stick.Fluffynugget23 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Arms War LF PvP guild/ Arenas Hey guys im looking for a guild that runs Rated bgs and arenas, Im in an eastern time zone and am usually on around 7pm to midnight, If the guild is active and run them often please let me knowThoax0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Now I've seen it all. Last night me and my friends decide to do a Naxx 25man run, We do fine we down all our bosses, there was only one off thing about this run. Thaddius everyone but our Mop geared 80 blood dk died. He sat there through enrage with thaddius at half health and downed him. Seriously, that is hilarious.Öx7 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Looking for someone to pvp with. [Horde] Greetings. Just as the title reads, I'm looking some one or multiple people to pvp with. At this point, I'm working getting better gear so I can participate in RBGs and Arenas. I'm currently playing on the Horde side on Area 52, so you if you are interested please contact me in game. I'm usually on around 20:00 hours, central time. Character and Battle Tag ID listed below. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Tolkah/simple Essen#1677 Thanks <(^^,)>Tolkah0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 low lvl bgs are aint fun man Dear anyone who's reading my thread! For the moment I'm trying to level up my third character and I ran into the same problem over and over and over and over again. I know you surely have more important things to fix and to supervise but low lvl bg's are completely unable to play if ur not a druid or a monk. For the first bracet it's more than annoying when you do not have mount and druids are running 25% faster then you. To move a bit higher you finally got your mount, a slow one, but mount. It is the biggest joy you're gonna experience coz you see rollin monks and even faster druids. It takes 25 seconds to roll over the whole map for a monk. To make things even funnier if wsg or ab is not the call to arms then you get nothing for the bg loss. Not to mention the fact that you cannot kill anything that is capeable of healing if you're not having the whole group on that person. My point is, how come you give abilities like that for low lvl bgs and not giving slow or cc equal to that? Not to mention the fact that you cannot kill any healer on your own. I might get bullied, I don't really mind, neither care just wanted to give voice to my anger. I'm sure it's not a significant issue for most of you guyz but these things are constantly ruining the pleasure of the game.Sodrax10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 How to spot a bot? I hear so much talk about bots in BG's. What should we be looking for that makes them stand out? Blizzard needs to have you write in a captcha to enter the BG.Bamann16 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Chance Of BG 100 Wins Being BOA Accumulative? I'm one of those people who play many alts over time, and as such I've got most of my Battlemaster achieves throughout the several characters, as well as a lot of victories on each character. I'm currently 6 achieves away from Battlemaster. AB - Defend 50 Flags EotS - 1600-0 / 100 Wins AV - Loot the Picture / 100 Wins SotA - 100 Wins Now I know the AV one is pure luck, and EotS will be hard to get, but apart from that it seems the only thing holding me back is the 100 victories. Across my three toons who have PvPed the most, I've got quite a few victories. Most of them are sitting at 20-40/100, with my other characters having a few here or there. So overall I have well over 100 wins in EotS/AV/SotA. I'm aware the 100 wins isn't hard by any means, it's just a big time requirement. But seeing as I have over the needed amount of wins, the achieve became BOA accumulative would help me a lot. Is there any chance of this being implemented in the future?Aerith3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Arena rating req to do RBG's there's just something stupid about requiring people to have an arena rating to do rbg's. i don't do arenas seriously other than to get the 1.8k cap and do rbg's, i don't have time to get a team going or whatever. i just like to pug rbg's. and now i see these ridiculous requirements to get an invite. first it was you needed T1 weapons to get into one(a low rated rbg at that) then its 1.5k minimum. and now its an arena rating. wtf is gonna be next? elite gear? the most asinine logic ever "if u dont have rating in arena u obviously wintraded". who the hell would be dumb enough to try and get themselves banned for a measly 1.5k rating? something so easy to get. ffs i thought dumb people sticked to pve, wth are they doing in pvp?Economico28 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 From a long term casual random bg player Currently, for my kind of player, PvP IS NOT FUN. In any given encounter, I am very likely to spend at least 50% of the time cced, atleast 50% of those by instant ccs, and the rest of the time rooted, or irreversibly snared. If I happen to have a healer nearby me, or happen to be playing on one of my healers, they will be able to dispel ONE of these CCs every 8 seconds, while most classes can instantly reapply atleast a snare afterward. I don't know whether you decided to move such a huge amount of cc (particularly instant) to talents for most classes because you thought it wasn't prevalent enough as it was or what, maybe it was an arena-balance based decision, but the outcome is catastrophic for random bgs. Every spec in most classes now has available to them all the CC that you left them with, as well as most of the strong, iconic CC that may have not been available to their particular spec, along with in some cases more cc still that is new. Please, for crying out loud, move away from hard ccs and toward soft ccs, they are FAR more compelling as far as gameplay goes, and far easier to balance. Soft ccs mean you can just change a number to change the effect of the cc, while hard ccs are close to unbalanceable (as we can see, after your 5 years trying to come to the MoP model). Furthermore, by nature of not losing control of your character (or at least not total control), soft CC is infinitely less frustrating to the receiver, particularly for less experienced PvPers such as myself.Otozureru6 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 wow horde sucks in pvp hey guys i am still fairly new to wow this is my first 85 and i am really enjoying pvp i try and follow bgs goals as much as possible kill fc and guard areas but even when i am with a decent group ally almost always wins does ally just play better and horde just sucks cause out of the 84 bgs i played i only have a 38% win rate won 32 out of 84 games i am wondering if i just chose the wrong fraction for pvp? should i fraction change or stay hordeMetaxxa19 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 First toon to 90 - Weapon options? Hey guys, I just came back to wow a couple of weeks ago and this is my first 90 toon. I was surprised by a couple of things; honor gear are blues and there don't seem to be any honor weapons (unless i missed the vendor). If you guys could let me know the best way to approach gearing for pvp (as I'm highly squish right now), i'd be very grateful. I'm planning on doing randoms and occasional rbgs, so I predict my major inflow of cq points being through randoms which will be painfully slow. Thanks guys! Also any other pvp changes since cata that you think I might not have realized yet would be awesome. Best wishes, ArkArkhammer11 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Which healer is hardest to kill? I know that this is ultimately determined by player skill.. but since I never really DPS in PvP I was wondering which healer is generally hardest for you all to kill? Thank you :)Atraeyu17 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 [H] T2 Warrior LF RBG any MMR As the title says I'm looking to join a consistent RBG group, will gladly help push ratings, but mostly looking for wins to unlock the mount. Have t2 weap already (3s). battleid: Xiphoss1435Xiphoss0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Bots in bgs. Just joined a wsg where we had 6 bots on our team. Fix it please.Yurq14 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Question about DRs I know how they work if I use the same CC on a player, but does it work the same way if the same player gets CC'd by different opponents? Example, if I'm stunned by a rogue and, when it wears off, a pally comes behind him and stuns me, does the pally's stun have a DR because of the previous stun? Thanks!Serthron4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 80 twinks? what happened to the 80 twink threads they disappeared.Moan2 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 1900 cr rdruid looking 4 steady rbg team hey guysi m a 1900 cr rdruid and im looking for a team to do rbgs regularly if you have a group that is looking for a rdruid let me know by contacting me via Skype i am friendly have a good mic and i am on daily. skype - xxoklmnxxoojrFreyâ0 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Ironsole Clompers - Kel'Thuzad[H] Good day everyone. We would like to inform you all that we are recruiting active 60 and now 70 twinks. We used to be an all 60 guild but now we are expanding our horizons to cover 70 twinking as well. We're a fun, talkative, playful, helpful, generally just a bunch of really great guys, and girls. We are situated in KelThuzad-Horde. We have a good amount of 60 twinks as well as a growing 70 playerbase. ISC is currently a level nine guild with six bank tabs (don't let that fool you. luls). Vanilla raids are ran every week. Usually we run then on Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays at 6pm server time. If you can't make it or will be late, let someone know. If you are unable to make it on a raid day, we try to have alt runs throughout the week for them. But don't make that as an excuse to miss any. In regards to 70 twinking, as you know, we are just starting out so our current numbers are not high enough to sustain guild runs. We are however growing at a steady pace and will soon be able to run them ourselves. Couple of requirements/rules though before you get invited; We ask that you first level to 40 to show us that you are serious about joining. Ten days of inactivity gets kicked. Do not fret though, it's nothing personal and if you ever find yourself kicked, just message any officers for a re-invite. REMEMBER, IT IS NOT A PERMANENT KICK. Be mature, don't be a douchebag and spam trade about what kind of !@#$%^-s we are. Not only are you spreading lies but you make the guild look bad and you get nothing in return, just a swift gkick in the *!@. Avoid doing things that are frowned upon by the community such as graveyard farming or doing that /afk bg macro. It may be fun but it also promotes a negative image of our guild. We aim to be one of the best twinking guilds out there but at the same time we would like everyone to have fun as well. If you think we are for you then hit us up on KT and ask for an officer. We look forward to having you and hope you stay. :] (Let me know if there are any typos or corrections.)Loltauren11 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Do people get Glad title from RBGs? Is Glad title arena only or can you get it in RBGs?Anderinn5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 [Alliance] Shadow Priest lf RBG team. Hello. I am an 1819cr shadow priest trying to get 2200+ this season in RBGs. I have 2100exp, skype, and a microphone headset. Found my original team on teamfind.com and we stopped playing for awhile because some of the group was busy for the holidays, and I dont think the group will be running anymore. I know my class well, am able to follow instructions well, and I am online all the time. Feel free to add me. Skype: Thoratkinson1989 Real ID: thor_atkinson@hotmail.com Battle.net: Homeslice#1485Homeslïce0 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Priest Survivability NOTE: I KNOW THAT I DO NOT HAVE FULL PVP GEAR While playing this expansion I was looking forward to PVPing. I enjoy some PVE but PVP has always been my main focus. Anyways, on the way to 90 I was really excited to do 90 BG's and once I hit 90 I was getting dominated left and right by melee. Of course I expected this and I let it roll off my back because I had no resilience gear. However, I have earned enough honor to purchase some resilience gear hoping to see a change in my survivability. I have seen none. I know I'm not fully geared but I thought I had enough to see even a little bit of change and there hasnt been any. Melee still roll over me and there is nothing I can do about it. Interrupts in this game are out of control. Priests are terrible and they are the class I love to pvp with the most. It is a rare occasion when I can get off a single flash heal without being interrupted or silenced. Melee can interrupt casts and silence us, but what ability lets casters interrupt attacks or stops them from attacking? Roots? Snares? Stuns? Fears? Laughable. For everyone 1 of my CC abilities, melee have numerous ways to out of it or around it. I know melee has always been Blizzards favorite but this is beyond belief! Does anyone else see things the way I do?Minwu6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 LFG The perfect Storm (Alliance) My last achievement for battlemaster LFG pls :))))Rematch2 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 LF RBGs[H/A] As the title says I'm looking for a RBG group to join with either my Rshaman/UH DK/ Sub rogue. No mic but but I'm good at target switching, and CCing(except with my DK then I just zeg my target till it dies in a horrible mass of pixels). 0-1550 is preferable. Thanks GotoogiGotoogi3 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Players that /afk, why? (wsg) Why do so many people /afk from games? I'm not talking about when you're being GY camped, I mean like losing 0/1, look and see 4 players gone. Do these people just expect an easy win every time or /afk? The debuff lasts longer then the rest of the game does usually. I see this all the time in WSG. I only usually notice it on Horde side because of the people disappearing from BattlegroundTargets addon. I am really baffled by why people do it. Does it help your statistics when you /afk from a losing game?Tolroc8 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Most/least favorite BG? Why? My least favorite is Eye of the Storm. I typically don't get upset over losses, even if they're frustrating losses in which my team ends up camped....unless it's Eye of the Storm. Because the only time you ever hardcore lose Eye of the Storm is when your team is not playing for the right objectives, and trying to direct them in BG chat is like talking to a wall. A wall with Stereotypical Tourette's Syndrome that has a habit of shouting obscenities back at you. My favorite is a tie between Warsong Gulch and Strand of the Ancients. I like Warsong because its size seems to be perfect to enable you to quickly maneuver around the field and get to where your team needs you, yet still have enough time to mildly delay the other team from doing the exact same thing. Plus, capture the flag is simple and most noobs understand it. Strand of the Ancients...I can't really explain why I find this so fun. I think I just like the overall feel of it. And I particularly like being a rogue in SoTA, capable of kamikaze missions after shadowstepping the turrets. :P SoTA is also a game you can win with proper teamwork and coordination even if your team is carrying a lot of noobs. What's your most/least favorite BG and why? Looking for answers other than "Because it's longer than the others." That translates as "I hate all BGs and would rather not be doing any for longer than I need to in order to get X."Kou11 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Blizzard is so efficient at fixing things From GC (Full blue post - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592909216#17): ... If I was a game designer, that had a whole team spending 95% of their time trying to get things to work, and producing such little results, I would be fired. ... And now we are blatantly getting lied to. The only thing GC has communicated to us this whole xpac is that he doesn't like oQueue.Revolt3 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 I am new to PVP. As the title reads. I'm new & it seems like I'm losing more than winning. About a 45/55 ratio or so it seems. I'm trudging along & all I need is my helmet until I have all 5 pieces of Dreadful armor finally. I unno if it's just that The Horde players I fight are much more organized or The Alliance fools I always get paired up with run around like headless chickens. I'm just wondering what're the best skills to use & such? Also looking for a guild that is actually based around PVP. I really wanna get into it badly. I do a lot of damage & all that it just seems like I always lose 'cause well...the teams I get paired with are awful & I'm let's be honest a noob at this still. So any tips? What should I be focusing on? Anyone have space in a very active Alliance Guild for PVP? Thanks guys.Endymionn10 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Why not limit all PvP to 90s only? If you're only going to pay attention to 90s and not put one iota of effort toward making pvp a fun way to level? Jus' sayin'.Kou3 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Bots are getting out of hand So I have been in BGs this past week a lot and every single game there are at least 3 people botting, there is often a lot more than that but that is the usual. I can report them all day but that should not be how I spend my bg time, there needs to be a fix to this soon. here is a couple screen caps from of the avg botting I see. http://i.imgur.com/wLCz5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iKhrX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NIeJG.jpg Please Blizzard do something about this.Thesadpanda12 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Possible solution to gear gap for fresh 90s? ... Posted this in some QQers thread about how randoms are unfair. The idea is to make gear scale down to say 465 If you're higher than that. That way, the gear gap isn't nearly as great in Random Battlegrounds for fresh 90s. People that have earned the right to use thier Malevolent gear can use it with a bonus over Honor/Crafted gear. Blizz already uses this scaling in Challenge mode dungeons so I do not see how it isn't possible to do.Egopally0 Jan 9, 2013