Battlegrounds

Mar 11, 2013 New Quest Available: A MULTIBOXER MUST DIE! "We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies, and fought as we had for generations...until the day the sky rained fire, and a new enemy came among us. We stand now on the brink of destruction, for the Reign of Chaos has come...at last" -from Warcraft Lore #1 The scenario here is that you bring gold daily to a Leatherworking shop. On a certain day, the shopkeeper uses Chain Lightning and Critically Strikes you, and some leather thieves. -Just because you were standing near them. Is that ok? You are just a Leatherworker, and the thieves hide from the shopkeeper. Also, they have Vanish, and Cloak of Shadows. Change the biggest rules mid-game, and they might stop playing. Tweaks happen here and there. This is not about abilities going away, or class balance. To be completely honest, I did not even intend to start a thread about the /Follow issue, and how it affects Blind people and Multi-boxers. Illidan forced me to speak because the Magical Ban Filter said hello for the first time. I just re-activated 5 of 15 accounts when Patch 5.2 hit. Reward: days later 3 of them were banned; and all they did was a guild bank repair and a few battles. This was the second ban ever, (twice in 1 month) and right as they took /Follow away. Is life about Efficiency? We try to not waste each other's time, right? Is it possible to allow /follow between accounts which are on the same Battle.net? How about not banning the account of a Multi, when all they do is basically log in and que for a battle. It's about the most basic reason for why we fight, and why it has made billions. It's about player experience, and it is about responsiveness in game. I stopped being a warrior for various reasons, but on the subject of responsiveness, Charge will sometimes disconnect you. The theory of why is: because it shares the same flaw as interact with target. This takes the player out of that immersive, responsive environment. We trade actual experience for virtual experience because the virtual one is better. If Virtual < Real, It is no longer a fantasy world. Try using "Interact with Target" - while using WASD for movement. It will disconnect you every time. Although I realized this years ago to be a way to keep bots disconnected, it nonetheless does affect everyone, especially melee, or physically impaired people....and yes, Multiboxers. At arena, for instance, it is a common occurrence for melee to disconnect while trying to stay on target. (unless you mouse move) All this is pure speculation, of course. I have never in the past created these type of QQ threads to complain about mechanics or w/e because it's not easy to create reality from 1's and 0's. Great, the game is always improving. Every empire or large game doesn't just fail. It is only extreme and consistent betrayal of our trust (gold) which does cause each toon to leave their self-induced trance. This is the time when they say W. T. %. ++++ Put all of that aside. The real issue here is that a very few BOX combos were about to be too strong. Me and the other 4 BM hunters that I used to run bg's with would each often go 25-0 at battlegrounds. This was without full Malevolent upgrades or T2 weps. [omg, ban T2 weps] Add to that the baseline 5-10% damage they added to everyone last patch. After Patch 5.2 hit, we ran out [staggered out with autorun] into a BG. ---It seemed like Chimera Shot was one-shotting. However, most combos get rolled fairly easily for the prepared opponent, and nearly all fail at arena, due to the unfair advantage of 5 Orc-ish minds vs 1. The real issue here is that the across-the-board increase in damage has obviously caused a problem, unless you have one of those newly buffed pocket healers. I probably should have left out this last bit of truth in order to further our cause, but this is probably something that was not forseen. All this is pure speculation, of course. /Follow was always the most vulnerable part, once they got into combat, because there is always some AOE hero that wants to run up and try to prove something. You will see some of them with increasing capability, and increased control of their individual toons. In the meantime though, a lot of gold will be lost, and this whole issue is embarrassing; we are hated for our volume of consumption of your product. Ban Multi-Boxing. All this hate from casual (solo) pvp'ers is just creating Mboxers with high stats who are hated by all. The link below is to an actual blind Multi-boxer, and how he has adjusted to the changes to /Follow, while Multi-Boxing his Warriors : http://www. youtube.com/ watch?v=m_U1XT62V3M And here was part 1 of this thread (including Blind pvp): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197579925Ltkerrn6 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Horde AV: Please Mark Cave AFKers I actually couldn't care less if AV was imbalanced towards Horde or Alliance. The only thing that saddens me is the number of cave (likely bot) AFKers that show up in this map. There is usually at least 1 AFKer (I've seen up to 5, which is 12.5% of the team) there. How can you expect to win when it's possible that 10% of your team is not contributing? If you want to increase your chance of winning this map simply open up your map 30-60 seconds into the game and mark people that are still in the cave. Then ask people in chat to mark them as well. No need to name names, just say to mark the cavers (and if you want that it will increase the likelihood of winning). Even though I only play Horde - I suppose this applies to the Alliance as well.Falcanox0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Protest 4 the Rum I am shocked they took that stam stat off of the Rumsey Rum?? Best buff for young levelers. BG buff. Really in disbelief. Protest with me!Cokië7 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Boomkin bg video.. I want to start making Boomkin pvp videos, i recorded a bg from last night and posted on youtube. I would like to see what people have to say about it. There is no editing, just straight boomkin pvp for now. If you see anything i could change to make the videos more enjoyable to watch please let me know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3x9nYRKqgDingkinghobo2 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Did the Alliance get full PvP Epics yet? Or should Blizzard make IoC and AV back to back again for the next two weekends?Shiv18 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Alliance, how is your AV Weekend? We are getting crushed, lost 8 straight..../cryNymosis48 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 So this is what new/fresh 90's see http://imgur.com/j0ZAVzn Was playing my alt and with 5.2 out now I find it even worse compared to 5.1, we get little to no honor a loss. If you have even 1-2 fresh geared players in your group it's next to impossible to win in a 10 man as we bring down the group just by being there. And things like above happen with normal group buffs just x2 it for zerker buff the damage is just so damn insane, I get that my alt was not in all pvp gear obviously because of the dmg. But with how you released the dreadful gear people on dead servers like my alts be lucky to see anyone with the full set let alone they want a easy 1k gold per piece or a absurd amount of money for you to use your own mats. I just find for the fresh geared toon or the new player to wow that joined to pvp is extremely discouraged to even attempt or continue to play what they thought would be a somewhat skilled or lightly balanced system. I understand that after a few weeks of smashing your head against a wall it gets better, but lets be honest here why is the dmg even this insane at the rate we are going it's gonna be called world of globalcraft. I cant even imagine if we didn't get the flat 30% to counteract the 50% easy pvp power for dps 1 person soloed me in under 4 seconds and then their team proceeded to just camp our gy for a full 10 mins all because we had 2-3 people not full malv to counter the insane dmg. God help any none full malv player with 2-3 dps on them 1 alone is usually enough to utterly destroy any enjoyment of at least trying to fight back the loss even a tad bit. Anyways thanks for reading this poorly written tldr I got global killed due to poor pvp system design. Maybe one day I can get a membership at global gym.Yukosumi12 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 5 man premades Sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering if queuing with a 5 man premade increases your chances of getting a 5 man premade on the other team? Thanks :)Creepychan7 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 healers in non 40 man randon bg's this is well out of controll, getting sickening going into a random bg with NO healers on our side and 2+ healers ALWAYS on the other side, gotta do something about thisPriestsaint4 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 this game needs more stuns #mockingblizzarddevelopmenttheycantdoanthingitsbeyondhelpnowTikiwiki1 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Alterac Valley Suggestion: Redesign Towers It would be nice if the towers in AV were of same design. I have played AV back in TBC in WoWEU. Back then AoE's weren't used much compared to crowd control. I remember having a 60/40 win ratio with the Alliance (just cos most of the good players in our battlegroup back then were Horde). Nowadays in MoP AoE and CC is very much of a different story. Now back to Alterac Valley. The thing about the horde towers is they are cramped and there's only one opening. Even if 5 or 10 players tries to recap a horde tower, they'll be slowed down with the amount of AoE in this expansion. Not to mention fear that makes you run out of the hut. On the other hand, Alliance towers are open, anyone trying to cap the flag can be easily interrupted and any alliance druid or rogue can recap the towers from a player's blind spot. Making the towers uniform would level the playing field, heck even mirroring the AV map would even be better. TL;DR Horde towers are cramped and it's baaaaad. Making the towers uniform would level the playing field.Acidmilk1 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Idea to help save the twink brackets. I feel like ever sense twinks were placed into their exp off brackets that a lot people just don't wanna twink anymore. Many brackets have been struggling over the years, i myself ended up leveling my 49 sadly but now have been searching for a new twink home. I think blizz should try to give an incentive to pause your exp and play around in the bracket you are in. Maybe put out some achievements like "100 wins in X bracket"? See how that goes and if that worked out and brought more people have a "twink" title with a cool mount or something.Roseti6 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 How does TB queue work? A friend and I decided to queue for TB together, I however forgot to tell him queue was ready and he didn't queue til about a min. after me. Yet after the BG started he got an invite and I never did. I was always under the impression that it was set up like waiting in line.. I am quite disappointed knowing now that this isn't the case.Knife4 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 70s thread of Moon Guard is that way The 70's bracket may be turning sour, due to the influx or Randy J Rpers and bad fotm druids/spriest rerollers players We are currently still trying to draw attention to the issue of the monk class not having a Brutal or other non-90 PvP set, which puts it at a severe disadvantage in the bracket.http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292601#1 <- Support the release of the monk Brutal set! +Queues+ BG queues are usually NOT as frequent as they used to be, but are becoming shorter and shorter as we get further into MOP. Queue times can be 5-10 minutes on certain days , and are shorter for Horde than Alliance. At times they can take 25 minutes to 1.5 hours, but this is also why you shouldn’t queue at 4am on weekdays or live in Australia.Joining the 70 twink bracket requires you to manually stop gaining experience (no more xpac capped accounts), which you can do via your faction’s respective “experience eliminator” NPC. XP must be UNLOCKED for arenas to pop (assumed bug) but if you have XP on during an RBG, you will gain XP and likely level. Beware. +Gear+ This is the first level bracket that has access to PvP gear with resilience. Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and Dalaran Sewers. A full set of PvP gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) costs ~2.3k honor. It is advised to obtain honor before hitting 70. It is also not advised to stack purely resilience gems, as your base passive resil plus the brutal already scales into quite a bit of resil at 70. If you’re unsure of what to gem, ask the thread and give your class/spec to enable us to help you.Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket, particularly for “glass cannon” type characters which focus on damage rather than resilience. Raids are fairly easy to coordinate via RealID – don’t be a stranger, exchange battletags with the forum and we can help you. : ) +Professions+ You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and/or Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ +Gems and Enchants+ Arcanist Ivrenne (Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (Horde) will sell uncut epic gems in Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points. Honor can be converted to JP (1:1.5 ratio) at the PvP Quartermaster in SW or Org. The accessories QM will also sell a PvP shoulder enchant.New JC's may not have the recipes you want (i.e. +20 PvP Power from blue Majestic Zircon gem). They are bought in Dalaran...same goes for a lot of WOTLK (60+) enchants. A couple of guys they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in bel-air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought nah forget it yo homes to bel-air. I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby yo homes smell you later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air. Enchanting mats for 70 twinks are found off Northrend items. Almost all of the enchants we use in this bracket have a "Level 60 or higher" requirement, but a very small select few of the "Level 35 or higher" (Burning Crusade) enchantments are viable, i.e. crit+hit to boots. +70 vs. 74+ By leveling to 71+ you gain some base stats, some abilities, an increase in base damage, a higher chance to be missed by players, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe.) However, at 74, stat scaling causes severe decay to your secondary stats (Up to a 25% loss in resilience, nearly 40-50% of pvp power, etc.) +Rated PvP+ Arenas queues pop, albeit slower than 90. RBGs are slowly returning. +Active Guilds and Servers+ Darkspear: <The Forsaken Ones> (Alliance) Aggramar: <First Class Gaming> (Alliance) Kel'Thuzad (Alliance) -- No guilds active/known Bleeding Hollow (Alliance) -- No guilds active/known Moon Guard: <Twisted Nethers> (Alliance) Tichondrius (Horde) -- <Twinklyfe> This section will be updated when new information becomes available. If your guild is active and you wish it to be listed, leave a comment on the forums and you will be added after potential review. Do not be discouraged by the current lack of active guilds, as regular BGs still happen fairly frequently and it is easy to coordinate via Real ID.Lightxd500 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Alterac Valley CtA is back to spread the joy of AV =P The common theme of AV is that both sides think that the other side has clear advantages right? What was AV when it was first put into the game? Before Resources, Before you could simply zerg a boss, when a game took over 2 hours to complete, back when two bosses would clash for superiority while bodies littered the ground, a true battleground where legends were born. What is AV currently? they have put in resources to limit the time of a game, both sides of the map are very different, and zerging is possible. You will NEVER see a boss emerge in a random, ever. With all of the changes to AV over the years I am suprised that both sides of the map are still different, they should be mirrored (or at least the main bases of both sides) if you will put a time limit on the game (resources). Right now, I don't believe that Horde is unable to win an AV I believe that people just want fast honor, which isn't bad in theory but in reality entering a bg with the intention to lose seems very wrong to me. Perhaps take the losing honor bonus away? This would cause an uproar but would people be more inclined to win if there was no pat on the back for losing? I think simply mirroring the map (or at least the main bases of both sides) would be a huge step in the right direction of the current AV.Risenshadow5 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Not saying horde can't win AV but... But even when they do, they still lose. http://i.imgur.com/spWmwyk.jpgKakunà7 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Call out the cheating, thread gets deleted Hey Blizzard, instead of deleting the threads about the players who use exploits, how about deleting the accounts of the actual cheaters? Deleting threads about it doesn't make the problem go away. How many times do we have to report people for cheating and provide screenshots before Blizzard takes action?Capias4 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 PVP queue times I am not sure if Blizzard was not expecting this much uptick in pvp due to the patch, but the queue times are horrendous.Sølrosenberg7 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Cataclysmic Gear Help !! so before mop came out i asked if you would still be able to buy the cataclysmic armour that the conquest quartermasters sold and people said yeah but only the first set not the second one that you need a rating to get so i was like ok ..... then Mop came out and they werent there .... 5.1 came out they werent there ..... then 5.2 comes out and they are there .... so can someone tell me whats going on because i dont want season 13 to start on tuesday and then the cataclysmic gear isnt avaible and i dont get a chance to buy it.Arøtix0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Holy Pally in RBGs How are pallies in RBGs? Im finally leveling mine and want to do pvp this xpac., Im VERY used to my pally, was my main all the way up until MOP, so i am familiar with all the spells.Notbelfpally0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 How are the 60's???? just reactivated my account not too long ago. trying to figure out if i should stay 59 and try getting a big group going on one server or something idk... how are que pops at 60???Bercey1 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Pvp Gear ... Help !!! so before mop came out i asked if you would still be able to buy the cataclysmic armour that the conquest quartermasters sold and people said yeah but only the first set not the second one that you need a rating to get so i was like ok ..... then Mop came out and they werent there .... 5.1 came out they werent there ..... then 5.2 comes out and they are there .... so can someone tell me whats going on because i dont want season 13 to start on tuesday and then the cataclysmic gear isnt avaible and i dont get a chance to buy it. Please help ! Thanks !Xidust0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Enhancement shaman, Combat Rogues I love doing RBGs but i love being enhancement spec more... unfortunately i cant not do both together. Currently Enh shm have only 15 out of 2000 in RBGs, only one that has lower that is melee damage specs was Combat Rogue (mostly due to rogues have much better melee damage specs for pvp). Being as shamans only have 1 melee damage spec.... it should be represented a little more like Elemental spec where it has more then 6 times the representation. i think most people dont like enh shm in a RBG due to the fact we cant live threw anything and we are so easily CCed from every type of CC out there from disarm to horror. I was really hoping enh shm were gonna get at minimal, a buff to spirit walk (more then just a 1 minute CD). Was hoping for either movement immunity for X amount of seconds or something like making it 15 second cooldown that breaks movement impairing effects. since wolf already allows some of this for snare types only... your still rooted and have to sit it out and since shamans only have a shock and 1 range melee attack to use (shock 6 seconds cd and unleash elements is 15 seconds) we are hardly feared when rooted.... basically a warrior back in the older days before they got all these leaps and jumps and charges or whatever. Then 5.2 comes around and i am already knowing of the changes but i didnt think you were gonna make PURGE glyph nerf against a spec that already hardly has any possibility to being a RBG group already... and now i cant even do what i usually do to get in and tell people i will just purge everything off the Flag carrier so we can kill him faster.... almost bet i will now be laughed at when i ask for a RBG group cause we dont have anything to offer that another class can and they have more then just damage and a once every 45 second cc... and if you ask your target to hold still for 5 seconds and not attack your totem... a 5 second stun with a 45 second CD. joy. Hate to compare to other classes but the closest now to having same issues as a enh shaman for survivability is a arcane mage... but they still got more then us for evading. Just cause enh shamans are one of the least played classes in the game doesnt mean we should be overlooked... yall took our wolfs away and gave us PUGS for pets... cant heal jack... cant damage jack... hell.. i would take that skill in the form of what they would have done healing wise and give me a bubble.. be like 500 hp bubble... lol. ohhhh and this glyph of flame now... seriously... might work well for Elemental shamans but ummm... 30% of enh flame shock.. laughable... I know eles get a much greater hit from flame shock.. so now they get a greater health # per tic. may work for them but not so much for enh... so i say make flame glyph for ele and make (old) purge glyph for Enh... at least give us that back... otherwise i am just a paper weight that has a little burst here and there but can be shut down by silience, disarm, stun during our bursting. I am not here to say noone else is worse off or better off then Enh shamans directly, but i was hoping to just bring things that might have been overlooked into sight.Jumpsuit1 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Alliance never have any raid bosses So every BG I enter horde always have at least minimum 3 healers. Always. And consequently alliance always lose. Always. because we have 0 Healers are very very OP atm. Druid esp. They need a the skull symbol by their name. You need 3 - 4 players all with well timed stuns/silences to beat one. 1 healer can really be all the difference considering how powerful they currently are. I'm gearing up my holy set because im sick of losing due to lack of heals. But my primary concern is. Why don't alliance play healers as much as horde?Vorrn3 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 ring of peace and other good stuff so monks got this new ring of peace and to be honest i like it.i just wish we had more things like this that break those cluster of raging pvpers who run so close together their toons look fused.casters have plenty of aoe cc.but not melee,i just hope we do :)Monstawulf0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 PvE gear only battlegrounds? I miss the Big Numbaghz PvP wearing PvE gear. Can we get a PvE gear ONLY version of all the battlegrounds please? No resilience, no PvP Powagh, simply raid gear and OP delicious big numbaghz.Shiv9 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Really love PvP but... Okay im only 42 but I have been doing BGs a decent amount (mainly Warsong Gulch) and been having a blast. I have absolutely no PvP gear because this is my first character so I am trying to build up honor (currently have 452). The annoying thing is that because i heal, i constantly get targeted of course but the bad thing is how much i get CC'd (not sure if this is the right term). Meaning i am always getting feared, stunned, fallen asleep, disoriented, silenced etc.... Is there any way to avoid some of these or is it something ill have to deal with? Also i know i can get pvp gear with honor but when can i get some? Do i have to wait until level 60 or is there stuff i can buy now (and should i)? Sorry for so many questions, totally new to this game mostly as well as PvP....Lysendith1 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 RBG's as feral/guardian in 5.2... Some of the people I'm discussing 5.2 arenas and rbg's in game with have said that I'll be much more popular for rbg's as guardian spec to play as a flag carrier (so obviously mainly EotS, WsG, and TPs) than as a feral spec. It makes sense, I just wondered how much truth there was to it, in the experience of people who are familiar with rbgs...since I took Cataclysm off and 5.2 will be my first adventure into rbg's.Bærkat5 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 LF Holy Pally and Resto Druid/MW Monk RBGs Hey there, I have an RBG team that is starting up this season, we're about 8/10 full right now, and we only need a holy paladin, and either a resto druid/mistweaver monk to complete the comp. So far we have: Resto Sham Hunter Warlock Mage Frost DK Warrior Rogue Misc DPS We're all pretty well experienced in both Arena and RBGs, and we're looking to hit the ground running when the season starts on tuesday. We are going to be playing a few games tuesday night at 7-8 eastern time, and we'll set the schedule at that time too, depending on everybody's availability. The only requirements are that you are geared with the honor gear at least, and be patient enough to work through any losses until we get a good synergy going with the team (which means no rage quitting after a loss or two) If you're interested, please post here with your battle tag, or add me with a message in game: dfhf#1900 Thanks.Cessna0 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Stop making gear matter.... Normally I dont come onto these forums to vent or complain, but PVP gear has been a thorn in my side since wotlk... The current system forces undergeared players to "play" with all the other pvpers.. and by "play" i mean be free HKs for the first 2 weeks of gear farming... THIS IS NOT EXCITING PVP... A fresh 90 literally can NOT kill any player that has pvp resil and power veterans dont feel accomplished over these kills, new players get demoralized and quit... What is the solution? Better access to intro pvp gear. (yes there is crafted set, but on my small timey mom and pop server buying the entire set will cost you close to 10k and still leave you with atleast another week of hardcore grinding to fill in all the small pieces) Player verse Player needs to be on absolute even ground at all times otherwise players seriously looking for battle and challenge will move onto games like League or counterstrike where skill outshines time invested. Thats not saying time invested wouldnt net rewards... but better skilled players will still dominate battlegrounds through better play (LOS, heal jukes, etc) that they learn from months of pvp. I move that there should be freely accessible pvp gear to fresh 90s, furthermore there should never been more than 2 sets of pvp gear per expansion...If blizzard insist on rewarding veteran players then the second teir of pvp gear should be only marginally better and signified mainly through aesthetics. If blizzard continues to reward their veterans at the expense of new players Warcraft pvp will always be a joke in the competitive communityMmaynee22 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 I don't like the 40 man bgs. Kind of feels like you're winning or losing at random.Wrenchlex8 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Druid, Priest or Shaman? I kind of enjoy playing all of these classes, however, i want to just focus on one. With all of the dailies and with the upcoming season/raid...I will only have time to focus on one. I mostly PvP. I tend to do 3's and rated battlegrounds the most. When i'm bored i'll do 2's or randoms. I do enjoy healing. I love having AoE heals and having and "Oh Crap" heal or two. I HAVE to be mobile, i love hopping or running around and healing. I want to be wanted in rbg's/arena when i heal. And i'm Very competitive, so topping the charts or being near the top is kind of a must. I also want it to take very much skill to play and have a large toolbox. When i dps...I also want to be mobile. I love DoT's and spreading them around. I love seeing lots of numbers flying around my screen..damage or healing. With the occasional big crit. I want to be a viable dps spec, taking skill to play with a large toolkit. I don't want to get bored and want to switch at 90, i want to do everything on this character and log be able to log onto him everyday. Does this sound like any of these classes specifically? please and thank you for the help :)Athëist4 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Good job managing to disable premade addons not http://i.imgur.com/YRLLIZe.jpgPhöbös19 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Losing in AV is beter.... Losing in AV is better than most other battlegrounds, I get roughly 300 honor a lose and reque. Alliance get it easy in all bgs, I know it, horde know it, and yes the alliance know it but they will never complain until the bg horde win 1/10 times cuz it isn't "fair" the horde win 10% of the time.Dagdudehunt8 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 New honor gear, no ilvl tier for bgs, = trash It flat out encourages even more afk'ers, super undergeared players, etc. I just want to have fun. Having trash on your team ruins more then just a couple players experience. Dang bliz I'd rather you put that gear on a vendor for a minimal investment. At least then I'd stand a better chance of playing with people who actually want to play. I'd take longer que times if I know it will likely lead to a better pvp experience playing with ppl geared somewhat like me who likely want to win.Hairyhoudini6 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Twinking at levels 19, 24, 29, and so on Are there any specific resources I can use that have been updated recently, and that have a good deal of content for multiple classes and specs? Recently decided to try twinking, and want to get as much information as I need before I actually DO start. If it helps to offer class-specific information, then I intend to twink -resto druid -sub rogue -demon warlock -arcane mage (frost is too mainstream) <this guy So, any specific websites or hell, even general tips, would be great.Yado3 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Addon to mark Skull on enemy players Hello, just wanna post here a link to this amazing addon. It can be helpfull for a lot of rbg pugs, or even hardcore groups. It basicaly allows a target caller to mark a skull on enemy targets, making it easier for the rest of the group to target it. Download: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/l2target PS: Im not the author of the addon, just promoting it since its something i have been looking for a long time, and never found.Sekret0 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 AV could use some work again, I think Disclaimer: yeah, kinda butthurt. I'm 100% Horde since a couple years back (was Alliance when AV was new), and in our battlegroup we're lucky to win much in AV - most noticeable since this is its CTA phase. The BG has gotten tons of work done to it over time to try and bring it in line with the more compact ones that followed. That's all well and good, but the fact remains that AV, even for us losers, is a fantastic overflowing pot of honor income. It's fun! And there are multiple ways to win it with the addition of reinforcements. I think that helps make it a little more fun. Mostly fun, anyway. I see a lot of things I would like to see done to at least try and give the BG stages of offense and defense again. Like, holding the line at the edge of the Field of Strife and making them try real hard to get Bal or Galv down to get things started for real. But people have gotten wise to how modern AV is structured: turtling like that is risky and lacks real profit in the great scheme of things. So, I would be interested to see Balinda and Galv receive tower marshals and tower buffs in a similar way that the generals do. However, they would be wired so that they would be tied to the two outer towers of their respective faction: Balinda gets empowered by Icewing and Stonehearth not being on fire, and Galvangar gets beefed up by Iceblood and Tower Point not being on fire. What I see that doing is, in order to cripple enemy reinforcement count, cancel their captain buff, and simultaneously make advancing on the enemy general less suicidal (as with all towers even now), they would have to win a sub-battle to take the front half of the enemy faction's line first. This might sabotage zerging potential, where people blob up and clamor into the captain and then right on into the HQ. To steel that effect, the captain's well-being should also give the general they serve an extra buff—or, if we want to be extreme, even keep the general's door closed, leaving a teleporter system so the general's allied players can preemptively slide in to defend from what's coming. This is all spitballing, of course. I haven't drawn charts or anything freaky like that (yet). Ultimately I'd just like to see AV return to a more structured state. I have to insist that the honor it gives just for participating and knocking down all the enemy players you'll find on the way make it well worth the time it takes even now.Atamynn6 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 AFK bots run rampant. How hard is it blizz? It's been how long now?Moonfiya7 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 60-64 TWINK THREAD I noticed that many people are upset with the bg brackets now, but I don't care about it anymore, I've come to accept that they won't change it. Now, the problem I'm facing is 24 hour+ bg queues. Please comment on this thread in an attempt to bring 60-64 twinks to life! The gameplay is more balanced than it is at 85, and loads of fun to twink! Thanks for viewing, and please comment!Secksycat33 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Best Alliance PVP Server? What is it? Thanks in advance.Terrorize5 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 AV WEEKEND = ALLIANCE VICTORY WEEKEND IT IS 7:03 am PST. LET SEE HOW FAST I GO FROM 85-90. LOLS AT THE HORDE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUCH EASY HONOR!Ryàñ15 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 best bg healer in 5.2? druid or monk? Just wondering, what is the best bg healer in 5.2? So far I'm enjoying resto druid and monk mistweaver for bg healing. Whats the best choice?Starchaos2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Speed hack in WSG? I've recently started PvPing with a friend and every time we get into WSG, an Alliance druid grabs our flag and bolts out of the room. He is completely immune to hunter traps, chains of ice, and death grip, and moves slightly faster than I do when I am mounted. He continues to move at the same speed all the way to the Alliance flag room, and remains immune to any kind of slow or snare the entire way. What is going on here? Note: this is not the same person doing it every time, but it has always been a druid.Mayvie5 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Fire Mage PVP Damage - 1/2-2/3 of 5.1 My survivability is up with Flameglow but my damage in an average BG is 1/2-2/3 of what it was. I was right up there with Hunters and DK's and now I am not even close. It surprising given I can only see a 10% reduction Pyro and no spread on Living Bomb. There must be other mechanics at play to impact dmg so much.Ingredient2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Question about battlegrounds Are the battlegrounds seen in the game depictions of actual battles between the Alliance and the Horde sometime in the past, or are they merely sporting events between rival teams like real life football games that have no relation to Azeroth history? My favorite battleground is Warsong Gultch.Bichorak3 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 delete this idk how lol asdasEscalate1 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Deserter Debuff Any status update to curbing this highly bad and abused mechanic? I, like other previous post, get annoyed by other flagging us for doing our jobs. Just recently I got booted for trying to cap our mine in AV, at the beginning, and in combat, just a short time after the doors had opened. Most of us can agree that we don't want to carry dead weight but what's the point of really trying when you have the reverse - complete objects for ding-dongs to fight in the middle?Auntyentity2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 AN OLD DUNGEON TATIC IN BGS... HA!!! There was a time when you would faction change in a dungeon work on lower levels.. It was temporary and worked. This tatic could be used in battlegrounds.. but when you are on the opposite faction.. your team appears to be your faction.... All trickery to balance pvp.. and to split the skilled players between groups.. WHAT? THE FINAL INSULT? NO.. This would fix the problem that is the current issue.. That the reason you lose on Alliance battle grounds and Horde battle grounds is because of players that mass group on choice realms that are more active and win more.. SO it is steam rolling.. and you are the gag reel for this game.. The proof is easy to discover.. If the most active successful realms pvp more, they also will dominate more.. This applies to both Alliance groups that dominate and Horde that dominates.. You fight majority pvp realms that the enthusiest pvp players will move to.. Rarely will you be a part of such a group.. Complaints come from both sides.. Who are these people? The minority of those who still pvp on realms that are not pvp..Drmorro24 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 I was wrong, and I apologize After reading all the 5.2 patch notes, and playing on the PTR, I had assumed that rogues were going to be a huge issue. Just a ridiculous pain in the !@# all around. They'd be everywhere. What I failed to realize was that they'd flood my team, as well. This AV weekend I've seen rogues constantly back capping, ninjaing, getting mines, stalling tanks//healers, and generally doing what rogues do best. I realized that for all the pain and annoyance of having rogues on the other team, having good rogues on my team is a godsend. Keep it up, rogues. And welcome back.Gruklaar18 Mar 10, 2013