Battlegrounds

Jun 22, 2012 60 queue times Are Alliance queue times @ level 60 good? Do they say "Unavailable" like the horde ones do?Irsèxy7 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 LF 24/7 BG and RBG guild LF a guild any server/faction, that play Bg's 24/7 and have no life like me, preferably that also do 2k+ RBG's kthxIgnota0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Why do people keep believing in myths? "omg the alliance/horde is crap" "We always lose" "All the noobs are here in my faction" "We never win" Year after year you see the same neverending story, people crying for losing random bgs and blaming the faction. Randoms battlegrounds are random? R-A-N-D-O-M......? there is too many variables in order to get a win, i'm amazed how i see a lot of threads here about it and people with personal experiences showing them as facts for the general playerbase and people who pays transfers because of "random" (lol) battlegrounds believing that factions are like some magical power if you want to win when you have a lot of options to improve your gameplay, sad really.Ninezero10 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 No, I don't want to target pet, really i was looking in the search engine and forums for an answer to this but i guess i'm not a good researcher. i am attacking someone and their pet, or someone's pet, comes after me and my target then changes to the pet. how do i stop this from happening? thanksGravelah11 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Level 60-64 PVP Hi there, I am 64 twink warrior and i'm just wondering whether or not i should switch to alliance because the queue times for horde always say unavailable and its getting kind of annoying, haha. So just wondering if the queue times for Alliance are any different and if they are how different. Also if any good 60 pvp guilds are out there, Let me know :) thanks!Irsèxy0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 My suggestions for better battles First, I wish all players would take the trouble to remove insignias from fallen enemies. Not only does that force the enemies to resurrect at the graveyard, but it actually makes you extra money. Second, before the battle starts, all players should clearly designate their roles. Healers and tanks need to stay near each other so the former can heal the other players with minimal disruption and the latter can protect the healers. Only the Damage players need to go out to engage the enemy directly. If people followed this idea, we'd die a lot less often. Third, when the flag is captured the tanks should accompany the flag carrier (which may be of any role) until it is safely delivered to the target. Fourth, NEVER wander off on your own. Always stay in groups of at least three or four. An isolated player in a battleground is just useless.Bichorak2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Intentionally Causing Your Team To Lose I've seen a growing number of people that join BGs and simply do not try, or they even intentionally attempt to cause their own team to lose. I know this is nothing new... trolls and bad players have been doing this for ages. However, does reporting these people actually do anything? Does Bizzard even look into these reported cases? Do people get banned for it? Mainly, I just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get these cancerous players banned since Blizzard gives us no in-game feedback after we report something.Saganator11 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Rated battle grounds no one wants Yes a few more people will do RBG's in the next patch mainly because of the extra points. But it's not gonna be the massive zerg blizzard expects. This fall argument falls under a very old and true saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". Meaning you can't force players to do something they don't want to. I know it's much easier to balance RBG's because imbalances are covered up through numbers, but you're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one and work harder to balance 3s. Trying to force players to do something they don't want to will only kill the game a little bit at a time.Sorluntopzak48 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 29 Thread Tuesday/Sunday! >>Official Thread<< Games happen 9 PM Eastern Sunday and Tuesday. Visit http://49pvp.com/qlist/ to indicate that you are in queue, and see how many others are queued up. For gearing, visit http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111699?page=1 Get ready to join vent as both sides use it. Info is given at the beginning of every game. 29s aren't anything like 19s, 24s, 70s, or non-RBG 85s. Expect fully geared opponents, scroll clicks, focus fire, interrupts, CC, consumable use, and fun. The earlier you accept the effort required to play 29s, the more enjoyable games will be for everyone. If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you might consider a different bracket. <Departure lounge> (H) and <Everythign Zen>(A) Dragonmaw offering full funding and runs.Neenyo500 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 So when is Tol Barad being fixed? It's been about 6 months since launch, and Tol Barad really hasn't changed. It remains objectively mathematically imbalanced in favor of the defense, which makes wins very easy for whichever faction has more healers to turtle behind. I really can't help but notice we don't have anything like Archavon's Log, where players can track the win-loss ratios to confirm the very obvious issues or debunk them (lol no). The issues were painfully obvious in the beta (most players I asked on the beta servers hated Tol Barad), and have been obvious since it hit live. When you force two numerically equal forces... one to divide between 3 bases, and the other to turtle on 1, the only way the offense can win is if they have so many healers that they're basically immortal. And once they claim it on offense, a ridiculous stranglehold on the defense follows. Can we please get some data on the Win-Loss rates? PvE servers vs PvP servers? Populations of each faction? In-game tracking wasn't really afforded to us, so we don't really have anything to us for ammunition, is there any site tracking Tol Barad wins/losses across servers? Wintergrasp was awful because Tenacity didn't do enough to balance the battles, but Wintergrasp at its worst was a far sight more balanced than Tol Barad has been.Tsundere5 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 The Perfect Storm / Not even a scratch...HOW? So, I'm extremely close to my Battle master Title. I have Master of WSG, AB and AV leaving me with just EOTS / Strands. I'm ONLY Missing The Perfect Storm for EOTS Master, and I'm like 7 wins off SOTA veteran and not even a scratch. 7 Wins is EZ PZ, so pretty much the only two I need for Battle Master is The Perfect Storm / Not even a scratch, and I have -NO- Idea how to get them. Since neither are RBGs and blizzard made it so you can only queue with a maximum of 5 people (for some reason) I'm just totally stuck on how to get these acheivments. I've been playing since vanilla and I don't think I've ever seen either of those two things happen, even before Acheivments came out. Any advice? Please? ThanksTelsa10 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 LF Prot Warrior 2200+ RBG Team We play most nights 7pm AEST (oceanic) Mail me in game if your interestedSandyhands8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 What I believe to be a great idea, and -- A much needed addon! I've been thinking about the botter/afker issues in BG's. And while I can definately see some potential abuse coming from this addon, I'll explain it anyway. We have addons like DBM, Deadly pvp, Gearscore etc that toss out hints to various things, and allow us to know about players ilvl/enchants etc. So, I was thinking about a 'BotSpotter' addon that keeps track of bots/afk'ers by players inputting their name into it, and if enough people mark that same character, the addon will update it (much like gather mate) and it will be put into the lists of everyone with the Botspotter addon. Then, whenever someone with that addon enters a bg with a 'Known' botter/afker the addon will post something declaring that that character is a botter/afker, and ask the rest of the group to vote-kick them out. On top of this, the addon will auto-report them afk itself (meaning if 5 people with the addon are in a BG with a known botter/afker, the bot will be kicked instantly. As I said before, I could see potential abuse from this via players simply not liking another player whether theyre a bot or not, and asking their friends to put in the toons name to troll/harass that player - The only potential counter I can see to that is making it here a player must be reported into the Botspotter addon by no less than 75 players. Thus it will be harder for a single group of people to simply harass another player, hopefully to keep the AFK/Botspotter only reporting actual bots/afk'ers.Valdanaar0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 New PvPer looking for tips. Hi all, I showed up on here last week and made a thread on my druid asking what I should play in PvP and the responses varied. I had previously done arena long ago on this character so I decided to dust him off. Playing a warrior in a few random BG's last night I found that I can stick to people really well and do great in a group fight, but wasn't that strong 1v1. Anyone have any warrior PvP tips for me? I've got my trinket and Berserk rage on a bar for fear/stun breaks, and my intimidating shout right next to them, and I'm using throwdown and Hamstring alot. What am I not thinking of?Kreul3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 What do you do when...? You join a battleground like Eye of the Storm and in less than a minute, the other side gets 3/4 towers and the flag? I was the only one to go middle to try to slow down 5 allis from getting the flag just to have the rest of my team (15v15 in total right?) lose a 14 horde v 10 alli battle for the towers.... Would you still try at all during the bg? I was on my heal speck so I technically can't get honor unless people I'm helping are actually killing the other team, right? Advice/comments/suggestions pleeeeeease.Mystickal6 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 29 twink question So my friend and I are twinking 29 now. Since I got kicked from my guild 1 day before I could get BoA helm/cape for a warrior I'm making either a hunter/feral/rogue. Any ideas on which is better in this bracket?Ioading8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Best race and BiS for 29 hunter? Bout to twink a hunter at 29 and I have no idea what is best to use. The 29 twink thread had a link to an outdated one so....I know at 19 the way to go is worgen is that the same for 29?Zybex9 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 what is that one ability that Rogues use? it makes them obscured for like 6 secs while they are eating at your health?Deathndisco2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 LF a Spriest BG spec Hey everyone I've been looking and looking but no luck so far. I've been getting big into pvp but I'm more of a BG guy for now. I've noticed that most of the pvp specs are more set for arenas. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a shadow spec that leaned more towards BG if there actually is one. Also if you can share your rotations and strategies. I've read a crap load of sites but I'd like some fresh insight thank youPwnnography1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 LFM for 2.2k push Horde RBGs (Regular Team) Hello everyone, I’m recruiting people for a regular RBG team to push serious rating. We already have a core group of experienced players and are looking for a couple of strong experienced players to join us. All of our members have high levels of experience in arenas and RBGs in this season and past ones. Our primary criterion for accepting people is player skill. This means having the arena or RBG rankings to demonstrate your skill level. So please have at least a 2k arena or RBG achieve at minimum. We will also be interviewing and trying out people to make sure of your competence. I run my teams for the long haul. I have lead teams based around this core group of people for several months, and I intend to keep leading groups through Mists, so your current CR is not an issue, what is an issue is your skill and your ability to not rage and to calmly and effectively carry out your mission. We will be running a dot cleave team for the rest of the season, comp will change to react to the new situation in mists when that comes around. We will be starting at around 2kcr and looking to push up from there. We will be running games every weekend, late night. Saturday: 9:30-midnight pacific Sunday: 9:30-midnight pacific Monday: 9:30-midnight pacific Once we have a full solid group we will start up RBGs. Current Team: Holy Paladin: Lehnsherr Disc Priest: Valican Resto Shammy: Baterr Prot Warrior: Kaljaen Rogue: Cherieann Affliction Lock: Vathral Frost DK/ Target Caller: Gilgamesh Boomkin: TongP Fire mage: Shadalin S-Priest: Nvroom If you are interested in joining the team please post in thread and contact me via realid at: Lehnsherrwow@gmail.com Please include your character name and relevant pvp experience on your friend request.Lehnsherr34 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 top 5% Is this based on your server, battlegroup or everyone?Lololtroll2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Hunter looking for rated Bg team Hi, So i am looking for a rated bg team of any sort. MY res as of right now is close to 4300, i'm a great player do not have any rated bg exp but am good at cc chaining and call out. If you want to contact me add me real friend id Kruger.Kodey@hotmail.comMalitude0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 "How does one count to potato" Roll a lowbie hunter.Battledragon3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 You vs Them If you beat the guy(s) who has a 2200+ rating or whatever on your toon and you never gotten pass 1800...who's better? Is the arena guy a proven PvP pro while the bum sitting in front of SW or Duro all day dueling is ignored and told "shut up world PvP guy". Just would like people's take on this: Cause I used to wonder "If duel do not matter" why do people get so happy when they beat such and suh in a duel or get so upset when they lose.Shutup8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 1900 cr Rsham, lf 2.2 Push Hey guys, looking for xrealm RBGS to push at least 2.2 before the season ends, current rating at 1900. 4600 resi running with Tsunami have 2.1k arena xp on main etc etc. know how to fake/focus shear/hex .all that. leave a msg here if you need a Rsham, and i can msg you my Real I.d deets etc. cheers guysAcorn1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 29s Queue Syncers Thread Many 29s are clamoring for the next step up in competitive play. While not yet ready for full 10 man premades, we could easily field 5 top notch players committed to teamwork and coordination on each side. We are already doing this, but sometimes groups will desync and cause each faction to get rolled every other game. Neither the roller or rollee enjoy these kinds of games. To end this gamble, I propose to use realid group queueing and vent to sync the queues so the 5 man squads will always run into each other. An individual who chooses not to use realid will have to rely on someone on their server who does use it to get them in queues (Fird/Zelpher, I'm looking at you). While there are no specific requirements to get in these groups, you will find that if you are not up to par with your teammates, you will likely not be invited back. So a word of advice: be vocal and communicate with your teammates your CCs, targets, and field strategy. This will get you invited back. Both Horde and Alliance will need a point person each night to get the groups ready around 8:30 Eastern. To help familiarize ourself with our teammates and opponents, I'll start a list in this post of players who are interested in taking advantage of this, along with their Skype names if they so choose to add them. I suggest making a WoW specific Skype account, and not your RL one. Dont.even.trii - (H) Nastaygurl, Ohgee; (A) Dribblin Kyletheshiz - (A) Proguenine, Neenyo Guerilla1991 - (A) Phatshøtz, Guerillá; (H) Ganjá, Guerillette Immabigcow - (A) Itzanub; (H) Iranub Draui_aka_sig - (A) Draui, Dri; (H) Ðraui, Protoform, Dräüï, Pmsdraui Alec.peronteau - (H) Automatics Will42019 - (A) Shook Nadab167 - (A) Lolipopz fird.alicious - (A) Firdalicious; (H) Firdminatrix Iboardnsleep - (A) Liithe Phauren - (H) Fatphauren (A) Fcftl (A) WtbdispelNastaygurl59 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Full cata gurthalak Frost dk LFG I'm 1700+ 3's and am looking for a low mmr solid RBG team that can actually reach 2.2k, I'm doing it for fun and rating.Omfgimkevin0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 LF RBG Group LFM RBG need everythingAuhmazeing0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 "Let them win" I wish people would stop saying that. If you are not in the BG to win then don't que. Even if they are winning is no reason to give up and call it quits and say "Let them win"...No you try harder and who knows might get lucky and pull a win out of your pocket. Enough said.Worett23 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 2k CR Warrior LF 2k+ RBGS! Looking for 2k+ RBGS, im in california, 3x gladiator 2500+ exp warrior with 2k CR. 5400 Resil, full cata. Skype = Johnny64322 Real id = Klanjohnny@gmail.comClanjohnny0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 [H] SPriest & UA Lock seeking RBG Team 1900+ My good friend and I are seeking a solid and dependable RBG team. We are both around 1900 RBG rating currently. We are both adults with Ventrilo and/or Skype and know the BGs inside and out. Feel free to ask any questions. Armory links are listed below with summarized experience. Merrik, Shadow Priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Merrik/advanced RBG Rating: 1890 Item Lv402 Average Hero of the Horde High Warlord Original Rank 13 (Link for original Priest with Warlord achievement below) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Merr%C3%ADk/advanced RUIN Horde first Battlemaster Conqueror Over 2,000 in 2's and 3's Arenas (Never did 5's) Missing only 28 PvP achievements, most of which are from Arenas About ~300,000 HKs between three main characters. 11,895 Achievement Points Zothlar, UA Warlock http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Zothlar/advanced RBG Rating: 1947 Item Lv402 Average Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest & every heroic PvE caster trinket Battlemaster Conqueror 14,845 Achievement PointsMerrik2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 1730 cr warrior LF 2k push. Title says it all, 2800 xp S1 without the glitch. Can make just about anytime, Debossbro@yahoo.com Lets talkSoapqt2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 RBGs and YOU. KT has been a hub for many x-realm players looking for RBGs. The trade chat is getting spammed constantly with people trying to get their posts seen. For some it's impossible to keep up with the constant flow of the chat. Many Horde players use Battlemasters.org, it's an IRC which you can post your advert and hope to find a team, it works really well, There's also an alliance-only channel, which is pretty dead at the moment, spread the word around and hopefully KT chat can die down, and many players can go onto the IRC and find a team within minutes. So, Alliance, give this a shot. It's much easier than spamming in trade chat. www.battlemasters.org - Make an account - Sign in - Choose a name - Advertise! I'm mealy just posting it here to inform the Alliance, in hope that the Alliance channel will someday be as full as the Hordes. If you are after more information, speak to Eldacar, IRC Admin.Kitedlol1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 lfm low MMR RBG teams It is getting harder and harder to find low MMR people to make teams that are decent. So I am going to start making Xrealm RBG team/s. Depending how many people are on might just set another one up. I will be on Monday-Friday 10am PST till 6pm PST. These teams are going to be made to raise peoples MMR to around 1600-1750 which should be good enough to find real teams. Or if you just want to farm some wins. This isn't a thread for someone looking to be carried. If you are not cutting it I will remove you from the group. Must have a mic and willing to talk (EVERYONE) Be able to call out CC's as well as use CC's. If you are a rogue and don't know how to target a healer and toss a blind out on another healer don't bother sending me a request. Healers that understand not to defend bases but be with assault teams (meaning standing alone at a node is a no go) Be able to listen in vent and work as a team member. Do not want any people who rage in these groups. Do want to win but they are also for fun. Please send me in your real ID response your res/class/spec/role (if you are a FC or healer) and if you have PvE gear. If you do not add these I'm going to decline. Kind of shows you can't follow simple instructions. It will help me to set notes on people to help form other groups. Also please add if you are fine with calling targets or leading groups. Craigthibodeaux85@hotmail.comPriëstitute0 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Extra Conquest Points... What do YOU do with all those extra conquest points that stack up after you have your full set? Right now I've accumulated 8,880 and I'm not sure what I want to do with them.Boombatic12 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 LFM to do RBG's (Malfurion) Need healers FC's and dps xrealm is ok our group is new mmr is low at the moment. must have a few pieces of cata gear 392+ pvp item lvl. days we are wanting to run are sundays, mondays and tuesdays night s late.Sebàstion0 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 World pvp...Zone? I know they don't plan on adding another one. But isn't creating a world pvp kinda pointless? Doesn't that kinda offset the meaning of world pvp? I think the most fun part of world pvp is the element of surprise and when you create a zone that is for pvp, you know that pvp is going to happen. Obvious statement is obvious. Idk. Just a thought.Garrazon4 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 alliance healers never mind this post is being deleted a lot of kids on alliance side, i thought 12 year olds can't play this game due to mature language blood alcohol and more . . .Porktooth19 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 PvP Trinkets So I'm wondering which pvp trinks would be best for me. I'm a human rogue, so I don't need the movement trink, I have the +resil and use for the large amount of agility. I have access to the movement one, alch's stone, but i'm wondering if i should get the +resil and chance to buff agi. I heard that it's not that good because the proc shares a cooldown with the agi on use, is that true? Any suggestions?Saepphyre3 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Questions about Rated Battlegrounds I used to play back in Burning Crusade but I've been gone a wile i noticed that Rank is back the Sergent's Title is special to me and I'd like to earn it for a few of my toons, i 'm thinking that rated battlegrounds are like pre-made battlegrounds if that's the case i know Gear will be most important. my questions are how do i enter a rated battleground and what Gear score will i need also any other info you might know would be great thanks in advance and hope to see you on the killing floorGungul2 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Rated Battleground Representation Could someone please do a statistical analysis concerning the representation of each class in rated battlegrounds? I think it'll be an interesting insight into the makeup of rated battlegrounds above the 2400 rating mark. Thank you in advanceSpeedwell8 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 afk's in bg's same 2 charactors past 2 or 3 days are showing up in bg's, and as they rez they just follow people around. How come they get booted for afks they can be back straight after debuff, and ofc alliance take advantage and farm the gy's, how about 3 or more deserter debuff, they cant play bg's or lfg for week or something, similar thing in dungeons, people show up, do nothing, cant be kicked for 15mins free xp for their goldfarming toon, or for ebay. people arnt leaving the game because it's too easy, they get fed up of crap!Rhodium2 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 i hate summer vacation so much enroll in summer school terrible players thanksHealbøt0 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 low level hunter question im no expert on hunters, but I was under the impression that you cant do things like pet stun until level 20. but in then 10-14 bracket the other night, i was getting stunned by dogs and birds, what am I missing?Soverign4 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Suggestion: Vote Kick in BG's In the same way as cross realm raiding (ie: certain amount of people vote to kick you and you are gone). Nothing more frustrating than losing a BG because someone bad in all caps tells everyone to zerg Vann instead of sitting and defending. Not sure where to put this so feel free to move. Couldn't find a suggestion forum.Iame24 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 6/21 Its too hot outside, lets pvp Looking for others who want to pvp, resto shaman here. Not greatly geared. Looking for cross realm BG farming or RBGS. dbsullivan88@gmail.com BNETLukatoz0 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 (A) HK farming What is the vent info for this. They gave so much info on openraid but never posted the vent info for it. Also anyone have real id's of people who run premades?Priëstitute0 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Isle of Conquest Is the Hangar going to be fixed by Cata? :|Matuk16 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 TO EVERYONE who wants to complain Write a letter to Blizzard and send it registered mail.Treacherous44 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 BG Turret Glitch? Seems to happen quite a bit to me that I'll jump in one of the guns in IoC or SotA, launch a round or two, then get 'Another action is in progress' message when trying to shot - all the CD's on the weapon are up, so it can fire - but won't. It can give that message for as little as two seconds to as long as a minute (at least that's the longest I've seen so far). It appears to be a turret/gun specific issue, since I can hop off one gun that is giving that message and jump on the next closest (in IoC at least, since they're right next to each other) and continue shooting. To test the gun specific idea, I have gotten out of a gun after getting the 'action in progress' message, got on another one, shot a few times to be sure, then got back in the original gun only to still have message. Anyone else ever encounter this issue?Fayna10 Jun 21, 2012