Battlegrounds

Sep 14, 2012 Base resilience How does base resilience do anything when you introduce pvp power as well. All it does create yet another gap that new players need to close to become equals to those geared. I've been doing lots of randoms bgs on my druid who only has 14% resil from gear and i'me blown up by every single mage/bm hunter/spriest or whatever damage dealer i come across. Often times without any way to respond to the damage because it comes at me so fast and often with cc or silences on top of it. So pleas explain to me what base resil was supposed to accomplish. But alas all i'll get is a it's balanced at level 90. Imo you should have some semblance of balance at all levels of your game (or at the very least the one in which your players will be dealing with for months or even years depending on if they upgrade or not.) All it's done is given players the false idea that they can start doing pvp at any gear level and survive long enough to make a difference. And that in my opinions is just cruel, to place this false idea in a players head to have it squashed quickly and vehemently as soon as they enter a bg.Iketiboo4 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 Can't See the level 60 pvp gear So, I go to the vendor and boom The level 60 pvp gear isn't there for any of my toons and I don't know why. But I'm hoping someone has some way of helping me fix this.Touchmybow2 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 Proof Horde are a OP faction I have been playing WoW PVP since vanilla it is my opinion that the Horde faction is indeed covertly overpowered. Looking at my stats a picture starts to form; AV 874 battles 468 wins AB 203 battles 75 wins Gilneas 224 battles 79 wins EotS 180 battles 33 wins SotA 186 battles 90 wins WG 162 battles 62 wins TP 181 battles 74 wins Isle of Conquest 182 battles 99 wins If you notice AV, Isle of Conquest and SofA are all close to 50/50 and they all have one thing in common, none of them take bruit force to win. The rest of the BG's in the list require bruit force to win and win rates are heavly skewed to the Horde side. It is not even theoretically possible that the Horde just happen to have better players in random BG's on a consistent basis except for AV, Isle of Conquest and SotA causing higher win rate in all other BGs' Nor is it even theoretically possible that the Horde just happen to have better geared players in random BG's on a consistent basis except for AV, Isle of Conquest and SotA resulting in higher win rate in all other BG's. Therefore there can be only one logical conclusion, the Horde faction is in fact more powerful than Alliance, and the the Dev's are indeed bias. Yes there are those that will claim there stats are different, have 50/50 or better in all BG's etc.... but I would submit they leave most of the losing BG's they are in where I do not, rendering there stats null and void for this purpose.Kubla35 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 rogue pvp tips Hey i havent been playing for too long, only since december, but in 4.3 my rogue used to be able to destroy anything in pvp. i understand that we didnt get mega nerfed but i can quite play as good as i used to. i might be using the wrong spec or useing a bad rotation. i dont know what it is but my survivability dropped and so did my burst. so i dont wanna be a total baddie so any tips that can help me? Thank you in advance! :DDatsiker7 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 WINTERGRASP Either fix it now or remove the achievements or give the achievements to us. At this point its been months of broken-age. We can't finish anything in here. Please please do something.Dragonfliy0 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 85 BG queue times? I was wondering what queue times are like for 85 random battlegrounds for horde and alliance at the moment. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.Acslater5 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 Dat Penance... Priests have had their fun so can ya Nerf it now...Wølverine8 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 14, 2012 GREAT IDEA!!!! how about a team deathmatch arena. 15 v 15 or 10 v 10. both teams raise up on an elevator and just go to town on each other. an environment sort of like an arena. with a time limit or a point limit (as blizzard would probably levitate too). team with the most kills at the end wins. the team in the lead gets a valiant honor buff and the trailing team gets a small damage and healing buff. as they drift farther behind, the losing teams buffs get larger and the winning team gets more honor. who's with me? -Wait List- 1HPColossusGalløws5 Sep 14, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Heirloom PvP Weapons Before MoP it was okay that the Gun had just little Resilence, but somhow it got forgotten that now in MoP Time the Ranged Weapon is the only one we can Equip. Not anymore two Dagger with +15 Agi AND the Ranged Weapon. So there is now missing a lot of Agi and more bad IMHO is that on the Gun with LvL 80 is ONLY 13 Resilence. If i compare now other two hand weapons it is really nothing Grand Staff of Jordan - 58 Resilence Reforged Truesilver Champion - 53 Resilence Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon - 13 Resilence If a blue read this, maybe it could be fixed one day :)Iceshake8 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 fear in AB/EotS is it new that fear in Ab/EotS can now cause players to run off cliffs and die? I can't recall ever experiencing it pre-5.0, but it's happened to me several times since. (no, I don't mean accidentally running off a cliff myself when the fear ends, I mean running off the edge and dying while under the effects of the fear)Bioshocked9 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 The new changes to Battlegrounds Now it is easy to tell which side will win the BG before it even starts. Just look at the roster which ever team has more disc priests they win. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this mistake. I hope it is soon or a lot of people are gonna lose interest in the PvP part of this game.Unbearable6 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Helpful PvP addons? What are some addons that help for strictly PvP, not universal UI addons but strictly PvP addons. Either for arenas or battlegrounds. Thanks in advance.Jerroz31 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 PVP/PVE FROST DK STREAMING Hey Guys!! come check out this stream! its amazing!!! alot of followers!!! GREAT Rock Music!!! and I stream Wargames/BG's and Heroic Content!!! come check it out!!!! <3Blastoise1 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 How to engage in Global PvP TL;DR: This is a guide to help engage new players into the foundation of World PvP. World PvP is generally the phrase used to explain Player vs. Player action outside of Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas. This type of combat happens in the environment of the world and is a survival experience. There's no automatic resurrection. Instead, you physically must retrieve your corpse by running to your dead body. ... What is the meaning of all this? You big green doofus. There isn't a general PvP forum for me to post this in. Therefore I felt since new players can learn what people mean by 'World PvP'. The purpose is to help promote World PvP tactics within the new features of Cross Realm Zones. Much of this information has existed since the game began, however, new players may not be aware of this info. We're being attacked! (Orc, Warcraft II) Anytime the opposing faction attacks your territory [WorldDefense] channel will broadcast alerts that your territory is under attack (Alliance attack Horde; vise versa). ... So what? You're able to see who's attacking your territory at any position in the world; with the exception of being inside Battlegrounds, Raids, and Dungeons. As a default setting your character is automatically placed into an environmental channel: 1. [General] 3. [LocalDefense] Thus, the player has to manually join the [WorldDefense] channel in order to receive these messages. OK. So now what you idiot?... Besides, what if nobody's there? If the player wishes to form a World PvP group it's advised to then relay the message through the [Trade] channel. In order to speed up traveling: Look for mages and warlocks to help summon or teleport you closer to your destination. (Otherwise you can always pay the taxi fee) Use the teleport to the Dark Portal in Stormwind/Orgrimmar to travel to Outland faster Set your hearthstone to well known PvP spots such as Goldshire and The Crossroads Of course in order for any of this to happen there must be a spark, or a battle. If you want any of this to happen you must spark battles on your opposing faction. Fly to their cities and attack their towns. It doesn't have to be major cities, rather areas that people can access quickly, or world PvP objectives. This is how you build community. Already with the Cross Realm Zones I have been invited to numerous raids involving World PvP with players from other realms. With MoP coming out and it's focus on PvP, we must get out there and fightSaxophone0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 70s thread of Whos Troncat?!?! The 70 bracket is in a state of distraught wondering who Troncat is. Here's some quick info about the 70-74 bracket: + Queues + BG queues are frequent. Queue times are anywhere from 1-15 minutes depending on time of day (can be very long if in queue around early AM hours.) If you have a TBC-capped account, you're in this bracket. + Gear + This is the first level bracket that has access to PvP gear with resilience. Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and Dalaran Sewers. A full set of PvP gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) costs ~2.3k honor. It is advised to obtain honor before hitting 70. + Professions + You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and/or Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ + Gems and Enchants + Arcanist Ivrenne (if you're Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (if you're Horde) will sell uncut epic gems in Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points. 375 Honor points can be exchanged for 250 Justice points by Edlan Halsing in the Champion's Hall if you're Alliance and Rogoc in the Hall of Legends if you're Horde. The PvP shoulder enchant is available for honor from the accessories quartermasters in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. + 70 vs. 74 + By leveling to 71-74 you gain some base stats, some abilities, an increase in base damage, a higher chance to be missed by players, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe.) However, stat scaling causes stat decay to your secondary stats (Up to a 25% loss in resilience, pvp power, etc.) + Rated PvP + Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds are inactive for the duration of the patch. Wargames can still be made. + Guilds + There are several active Horde and Alliance guilds. Some include: Horde: <BattleMasters> - Altar of Storms --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362520674 <Jaytos Fanclub> - Mok'nathal <Nerd Cleave> - Frostmane - Recruiting 2.2k+ or prove competence Alliance: <xxmd Nation> - Sargeras - Limited recruitment. <Never Got My Glaives> - Arthas --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708495 <Pardon My Swagg> - Sargeras <Apocalyptic> - Perenolde --> http://apoc-perenolde.wowstead.com/ <Twisted Nethers> - Moon Guard--> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6351885380#1Lighttone500 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Past rated Gear for Transmog Aloha, I was just thinking of how important transmogging has become and consdered items that are no longer with us. Amongst those items are previous arena/rbg gear available to players with 2200 rating and higher. My proposal is that all of the gear that has been removed each season be available to anyone with that current rating. This would allow anyone who has earned the right to wear that level gear to access past seasons gear and not just people who were playing at the time. Transmoggers agree with this?Äthèna6 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 PVP GEAR Hi, i'm level 68 and I have a decent amount of honor, i was wondering if I should spend it on the pvp level 70 gearVolak6 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 amazing the horde are actually wining some bg isnt it amazing what a little gear makes the horde bg's are starting win people stop trolling as much omg bg's are actually playable how is it possible? oh ya the horde can buy cata with honor right now and that is not limited to the winning faction in my battle group hopefully we wont fall behind again when it goes back to winners only get conquest gearBlacksong22 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Insignia retrieval Since the patch, I have not gotten a single piece of silver (and certainly no DMF items) from getting the insignia on BG's. Problably run 30 BG , claimed 10-20 insignia, but nothing . Bug? or am I missing something. Worked before the patchMdead4 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 affliction pvp sacrifice or supremacy affliction pvp warlocks, are you running sacrifice or supremacy and why.Jabberwøck5 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 @ the horde Prepare your shins and ankles for the reckoning that is to come!Huggingspree13 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Derp, Balanced at 90, derp derp Has anyone thought of how many new players that may pick up wow for the xpac, plus you and countless other people that roll a monk and would like to try out pvp and test specs/abilities before 90 when they wade into the horrible world that is low level pvp? I know when doing a new character I want to have some feel for the abilities that I will only use for pvp plus get used to key binds before my tray is filled with a zillion powers. Also I am highly doubtful 90 is going to be balanced based on how things are... I just don't see things scaling this badly and then *ding* 90!!! Everything is now scaled properly! Yay! Why it wouldn't scale evenly through levels if this is the case baffles me.Hatemael8 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Your Counter I've been told that every class has another class that can almost always beat them in a fight. Granted, taking gear, knowledge, skill and their overall spec. and build into play. For me, I've been told Feral Druids have always rolled over Hunters. I've yet to be beaten by one. I've come out on the winning end quite a few times going up against every class. The only class I've honestly ever had difficulty killing is a Frost Mage. I tend to kill Warlocks, but recently their DoTs will get me in the end if my racial isn't available :-p. So, there are opinions that state what your counter is, but opinions only go so far. To you, what is your counter class? This is 1v1 using any ability, cool downs, etc. Take healers and any other entities out of the scenario. Mano a mano. This thread isn't about how OP a class is, and hopefully it won't become fuel for a fire. *Hopefully* Post away! ;-) -ThorcThorc30 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 [IDEA] Midfield Debuff !! This is for WSG/TP.. 1. If Both Flags are in the Bases and you are in midfield for more then 3 minutes you will gain a debuff on your that will stack every 45 second then on. A 5% Damage reduc/Health Reduc/Healing Reduc/Increased Damage Taken. I understand the MAIN question is where would mid field be considered. That im not sure about. I was thinking Past the Zerker/Leaf huts. The debuff would dissipate 1 stack per 20 second once the entered a base. 2. If one team is well... sitting @ gy with flag and farming fools who decide to keep on rezin for more then 3 min(this means that only one flag is in action and its not being capped when it could be). The whole "farmer" team that has a flag gains the same debuff as stated above. This would stack with the 10/20/30... etc debuff. 3. The only problem is Number 2... people wouldn't even pick up flags and they would farm GY. Simple. VOTE Surrender. 7+ people for a 10 man. Why????? This would be a attempted fix to prevent awful games. What does bnet forums think of this? Why hasn't blizz tried to implement this?? Do you really enjoy losing games that you should win because 4 players care more about focus firing into a players mounted crossing mid field attempting to snare them for a potential KB? Honestly i would just love a button that only i can have that just insta bans someone from WoW for 5 hours at a time for being awful in a BG. Thats prolly not ever gonna happen tho.Budakap5 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Battleground Failure. So, first off i like to pvp. I like to do battlegrounds to earn honor to buy gear. But, one thing i don't like, how often you lose. It doesn't matter what faction, you still seem to win 33% of the time. For instance i have an 85 orc rogue. I won 25/75 bgs. I faction change to play with a friend, bg record of 7 wins out of 21 games. It does not matter what faction you are you will always lose way more than win. I understand winning every bg would be ridiculous, but really that bad? I just lost 7 bgs in a row as alliance, I've lost just as many times in a row as horde in the past. I'm just wondering how it can be, yes i know it's a matter of "luck" when playing with randoms, but COME ON! No i'm not here to rage, i'm here to understand/ try to understand what the problem is. I really think there should be some updates to the battleground system so this doesn't happen. I'm sure you guys will think I'm just another pvp rager, but I'm really not. I'm sure you will just suggest to stop bging if you lose that many times in a row, but i have limited play time, and would really like to buy the last couple of pieces of cataclysmic before mop.Jhimm29 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 After Effects of PvP I know several people have exprienced this: In the middle of a fight in a battle ground when the game is either won or lost. Having been in the fight, you have been afflicted with several debuffs and/or Damage over Time. You click the "Leave Battle ground" button and zone into the world with all of those debuffs and DoT's still on you. Say you are in a contested area, because you zone in with debuffs and DoTs on, you are vulnerable to attack, and may even be at low health from the fight you just left. If thats the case, these DoTs may even cause you to die. If you are thinking "Hey I dont battle ground" this may have happened to you: Fighting a team with a Warlock or a Shadow priest when you finally win or lose the arena. Zone out with all of their DoT's on you still, however your mage food will disappear... You may die or get ganked because you are low on health etc. I put a ticket in, assuming it was a bug. Blizzard returned to me saying that the behavior is working properly. I don't understand why Blizzard would want those effects to stick with someone after the PvP has ended. What is the point? With World PvP intended to become more intense and cross-realm zones already implemented on many servers, this behavior is becoming more and more troublesome. I now find that I ensure that I am within Stormwind before I join my battle ground/arena. This is silly and I feel as if leaving the arena/BG should cleanse those sorts of things off of you. What do you guys think? Please dont post things saying "QQ Moar" or "L2 Play" I just want to know what others think on this matter, and am posting as Blizzard suggested in the ticket response I received.ßleed16 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Can't log into Tol Barad or Wintergrasp so ever since the 5.04 patch came out. I havent been able to que or TB or WG. The button is greyed out. I tried removing all my addons etc and that didn't help. I wrote a ticket, and i got an auto response saying they arent not allowed to give out game hints....ugh...how is it a game hint, when i can't physically que for the two battlegrounds? Is anyone else having this issue?Popejøhn2 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Looking for an addon bajheera uses some sort of addon for targeting. You can see it at 1:00 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Xt4HGGGBU&feature=g-all-u It looks like Tidy plates http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates I am just trying to figure out how to conifugre it this way http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates# Anybody have it configured the same way, and if so, how did you accomplish this? Thank you in advance.Navox1 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Compromise to allow pvp to make gold. Mercenaries make money. They kill for their client. Militarizes are paid for their service to their country (or in our case Factions.) So why did you take away the very little money we made through insignia retrieval? My compromise: Add a X gold for winning (or add it to the random like conquest) and X gold for losing. We PvP'ers shouldn't have to participate in PvE dailies to make gold. It's annoying. Sure, farm, do this prof, make gold through ah. Although those could possibly be valid arguments, it still relates to pve. What harm will it be to add gold to randoms or winning/losing? At least allow me to get enough so I can reforge and gem.Gondoris25 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 LF BG group Horde. (85 - WSG/TP Q's ONLY) Please don't add me if.. You sit in middle when flags are in bases You can't CC healers You are a healer and you expect me to sit on flag cap 24/7 like a rooted idiot You use your A S D keys for your main mobility keys Bakesale#1363Budakap0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 FIRE, WALK WITH ME GLITCHED CAUSE I USED BURNING RUSH AND PORTAL ALL THE WAY ACROSS MAP AS FAST AS I COULD AND NO HORDE RESISTANCE CAPPED WAS LIKE YAY BUT THEN NO CHIEVE WHYMouse3 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Classes that will get nerffed soon What is your guys speculation? I'd say first on the list is shadow priest. There is absolutely no way they will be remotely balanced in arena between dispersion, phantasm and spectral guise they are impossible to land a kill on at high levels of arena gameplay. Coupled with the fact that they have the best off heals and mana efficiency with VT they already score 10/10 for both defensive talents and offheals, psyfiend is ridiculous CC for a hybrid to have but may go through untouched. Also their burst is only second to BM hunters when lining up a DP - > 2x mind spike - > mind blast. Hunters are probably next on the list though. They have all the utility of marks plus the best burst in the game, which readiness resets along with all their instant CC utility and defensive cooldowns. 1 minute detterence is kinda OP, and spirit bond pretty much negates 50% of pressure from dot cleave comps. All hunters will spec spirit bond after seeing a team with warlock spriest or boomkin and have the upper hand against most matchups. Warrior will probably get damage nerfs but everything else will remain alright. They just hit way to hard at 90 right now... I've been hit 170k mortal strike which is like a third of your HP. Boomkins and ele shamans will hopefully get self heal nerfs along with shadow priests, otherwise triple DPS will dominate this season like no other. Warlocks will probably get a nerf to blood fear. Having an instant cast CC on a 10 second cooldown is ridiculous. It will probably get cooldown increase if I had to guess probably around 20 sec. Meh... any input is appreciated. Please don't come in here defending your class though if you have yet to play beta, lack arena experience and base your defense solely off of pre-patch BGs.Grudgewick21 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Lag For some reason my latency shoots up to 6k in bgs. My home is sitting at 40ms makes no sense to me. All addons are up to date and i tried shutting them all off to. My internet is not running slow either just bgs.Toradol4 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 29 twink que times. bliz just needs to put us back in the normal bgs. been sitting in que for over 45 mins now.....Samtatha9 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 I think its a little silly when... ... 75% of all players I see in BGs are warlocks, spriests, and mages... I hope its not like this in MoP. I think this says somthing as to how Over Powered these classes are right now. I really hope Blizz balances things out.Öbsídíûn35 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 I dont get it Probs i have with warriors. Damage-I really dont know where to start with this the fact that i feel like an ant hitting a paper cup when im attacking cloth or the stupid fake heal de-buff im handing out that seems to do next to nothing. CC- Sense im a warrior is there a way idk i could not be so afraid and running around with my head cut off. Can i have better cc's please im not asking for them to be on par with a hunter, mage, warlock, paladin, priest, druid or rogue but can i have something? Spell reflect- On a 1 min cd while ret paladins are running around popping shields every 10 secs (come on really). Why do i still depend on another class to stay viable in bgs? Aren't we a bit past that with all the redonk you put in your latest patch? Sorry i came here and raged out for a bit but enough is enough, im tired of feeling like the 7ft guy driving a Toyota prius.Crealkiller19 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 PvP Prot Warrior FC Stats/Gems/etc This is my alt 85 Warrior that I have mostly cata'd out for FC. Most of the stuff I've seen is dated as far as guides, was wondering how much Resil/Mastery I should stack before hitting other stats like Stam. Unbuffed I currently have Mastery: 52.14% Resilience: 67.57% Hit: 6.77% HP: 160KTharaks0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 nerf plz S priest's new shadow fiend on 1 minute cooldown critting for 13.8k and hitting for 8k on 60% resil. Mage pyroblast crit for 46k!? warrior melee 12k crits I wont even get into their CD crits is ridonkulous as is their regular ability normal hits enh shaman wolves biting for 8k each did we really nbeed such a mass homoginization as this how many toons actually have a vanish or stealth now. Hunters with 2 pets out? priests with an almost endless fear bomb chain? my melee hits for a max of like 1.2k crits 3k envenom max 22k rupture 600 ticks 1200 crit ticks mutilate lol 6k for 55 energy with 80% mastery deadly poison crits for 4k. crit ticks for 7kSchitstorm7 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Can we all have a moment of silence for SotA ... Farewell Strand of the Ancients.Gatchaman36 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Count the # of priests in a BG For lower lvls, the team with the most priests will always win the BG...c'mon Bliz...where is your "looking into balancing the classes" balonyJezziee0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Why in the world... Would Bliz allow one class...Disc Priests...do do 3 times the damage of other classes in BGs...I don't get it. It's sadJaise0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Is there a point to attacking a Holy Paladin? Seriously, is there? Is there any reason to do pvp at all in this game until MoP? I can't even break 7k for SS as combat. I didn't even bring the paladin below 85% while all he does is holy shock me to death. I don't think I'll ever understand making a game unplayable for some classes just to get ready for an expansion. How about just give everyone free time until the expansion since it appears all we are doing is beta testing the MoP system.Iynx67 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Mop Melee Cleave viable for rbg's? Running Pwarr, Hpally/mistweaver, Rsham, Dpriest, Awarr, DK x 2, Feral, Enh and Fmage? Basically Gorefiend's grasp them in and then start spamming instant cast aoe cc like blinding light, intim shout, capacitator totem, Dragon's breath, shockwave, ursols vortex into a rof and remorseless winter? Combined with aoe roots, silences and aoe freedoms from shaman's winwalker totem + individual freedoms on many of the melee dps. Crazy amounts of single target dps, as well as great offheals from the enh and feral. Anyone think Melee cleaves are gonna be viable for rbg's next season?Olympicgold0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Currency question So will honor and justice points be reset for the release of MoP. What is blizzards plans? Anyone know?Vaeld0 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 Healing Is To Overpowered. INC rage. I understand that lvl 85 is attuned for lvl 90 for some reason already, which has been a pain this past 2 weeks, but manageable. But WTF is the deal with low lvl healing? For me, going into a BG or World PvP situation, and having a class that can out heal your damage on them, with a damn HoT is pure bullsh*t. I was doing random Wraths the other day. had a Spriest qued as healer, and was still out dps this shammy. Its pointless when it takes 5 people to kill one healer. Its pointless when a priest bubble breaks, the CD is over, and they can put it right back on. When one heal can bring someone from near dead to full again. When a Pally can keep everyone at full health and never stop moving, and also near 1 shot people with Holy Shock. A druid tossing up 1 HoT, and keeping his whole group alive. Its impossible to win in a 1v1 against them, you will lose. If your group also has a healer, the fight will go nowhere. If you don't, you WILL get stomped. The fact that you have to wait 85 lvls (soon 90), to even stand a chance in this situation is a huge game turn-off. Yes this is major QQ, but justifiable. -Is this going to be permanent, or will there be some much need balancing somewhere along the line? -Yes I know this is just a game, but anyone as annoyed with this as I am?Desareon19 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 13, 2012 This patch is sort of hilarious http://i.imgur.com/x3Zmi.jpg 13 of their 15 players did over 1 mil healing 7 of those 15 players did over 3 mil healingLivedeath1 Sep 13, 2012
Sep 12, 2012 Winter Grasp Are you going to actually fix this BG? Its impossible to win because of the flip flopping of who controls it.Imonline0 Sep 12, 2012
Sep 12, 2012 Leveling in BGs Hey there I wanted to report on my recent experiences in low level bgs while leveling characters. I feel that there needs to be some more fixing. I have played on a 21 Ret paladin, 58 rogue, 67 dk, 39 feral druid in many bgs over the past couple of days. The first thing Ive noticed is that healers dont lose their mana at all even while pulling out large heals and fast heals. I could be hitting on a healer for 5 min straight and their mana does not dip at all. Keep in mind I am full boa enchanted so there is no gear issue. I don't exactly know how to fix it as I am unsure how difficult pve healing would be if it lost the condition of limitless mana with small variety of spells available at low levels but something needs to be adjusted. In addition I am also seeing that healers are hitting with damage that is comparable if not on more than dps specs. I remember one instance in particular where a priest was hitting me for more damage with its penance than my templar verdict on the lv 21 paladin. I know this is purely anecdotal evidence but I made sure i played numerous bgs spread through all those brackets on different dps specs to make sure I had multiple points of experience. I am simply making this thread so blizzard can see what I am experiencing and hoping for others to chime in with their experiences from low level bgs as well.Shockdryth1 Sep 12, 2012
Sep 12, 2012 BG Flags not stopping capping when damaged. Is this working as intended, or did i miss a patch note that explains a change to this. Examples below i was doing Arathi basin, and i would see somebody attempting to capture the flag, so.... now that i no longer have Holy nova to stop capping, i decided to hit my instant SW:Pain ability, TWICE on him, both times it did up-front damage and i could see his life bar go down slightly from the damage, however he still Capped the flag roughly 2 seconds later. now this was not a one time thing, in the same BG, it happened at least 4 or 5 other times. where i used SW:Pain and it hit it's target, and yet the flag is still not interrupted. *EDIT* 6 Days Later *EDIT* Did massive more Bg's today. Lost a another Few flag caps to this problem. Dotting them repeatedly with SW:Pain and doing like 20k damage to them each time, still does not stop them from capping the flag. i was forced to Glyph for Holy nova whenever an Arathi Basin or Battle for Gilneas Popped. and switch back to my main glyph in games like Warsong and Alteric Valley, etc...... Least i know to keep like 50 Dust of disappearance's in my bag.Teárs12 Sep 12, 2012
Sep 12, 2012 Does Horde ever actually win a Battle Ground? I can remember when Horde almost never lost an Arathi Basin. Back before I quit playing in BC. It was on the Ruin Battle Group, which I'm told that Battle groups don't exist anymore, yet they still show up on the Armory. So, I don't really know what to believe about that. But since I've been back playing with Cata, (about the span of a month) I have not seen Horde win a single battle ground. The few Battle grounds I have won, have been on my Alliance characters. So, My question is what gives? Did the balance shift or something, did all the good Horde players move to Alliance with the release of the Worgen Race? It seems that there is no organization with the Horde Teams at all in Battle Grounds. And, if you try to give some tips, or any type of leadership at all people just curse you out and start talking like very immature people. Unwilling to listen to constructive critisim at all. I watch them just run around the battle ground mindlessly, trying to stack up their kill count, or so it seems. ...Only to meet their certain death, and loss of the Battle Ground match.Eowlyndia42 Sep 12, 2012