Battlegrounds

Aug 3, 2012 What is a "Dot Cleave" team? Sorry, been away a while and keep seeing this term floating around.Krogg10 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Isle of Conquest: The story You zone in to the much beloved BG, the isle, to meet 39 other people hell bent on killing the Horde general, whose name no one really knows. As usual, everything goes as planned. Docks are capped with little resistance, and the silly Horde rushes mid as usual, eager to get the mighty workshop that obviously wins the game. The hangar may or may not be capped as well, but usually there is a fierce fight that can go either way. But you can always count on the Horde to fail. Either they get overrun at hangar, or their rogues are more interested in killing people than glaives. Everything is going according to plan. The Horde gates are about to fall. You have capped the WS as well and surprisingly there are very few Horde players to be seen, because they have all given up. Finally the gates fall. ALL IN!! shouts the very expressive individuals and 40 of you rush in to kill the sparse defenders and cap the keep, before going up the staircase to claim the victory. Except you get this sinking feeling that something is very wrong. In sheer desperation the Horde failures have decided that they are just going to sit in the boss room and wait for the end, like the Spartans who eventually die…and because most of the raid is falling back, those derps and half-wits of the Horde eventually pick up on the idea and follow the majority to wherever they go, which happens to be their boss room. The score now is something like 270 to 220 to the Alliance. Up rushes the alliance raid from that tiny little staircase (amazing how it supports their weight, isn’t it?), where they pull the boss and are subsequently beaten to within an inch of their life before they attempt a half hearted retreat. Then they regroup and try again, maybe this time with heroism and more encouragement, but with no more success than the last because 35 people squished together on a tiny staircase is just a lovely sight to a blood elf fire mage. Suddenly the scores seem to have evened out at 200-all. The Horde is amazed that their stupid plan is actually working. They rez the dead in the room. They have stopped arguing and are just sitting tight next to the boss. But the Alliance is thrown into utter confusion. The veterans call for a fallback. But there is a lot of arguing going on so no one really gives a damn – what’s the point in retreat, anyway? Meanwhile the non-english speakers and the derps of the Alliance know that the only way to win is to kill the boss, and because the enemy gates are down it means that we will win, of course. So up they rush again… Sooner or later a brilliant member of the Horde decides to re-cap their keep. The Alliance leaders are delighted for a moment, but just as surely as there are geniuses on the Horde side, there will also be geniuses on the Alliance, who kill the interloper and promptly defend the Horde keep…FOR THE ALLIANCE!!! And clearly because there are a lot more Alliance in the courtyard than there are Hordies, the flag standing there will always proudly bear the colour blue. The siege engine and the glaive throwers are parked right outside the Horde keep for 10 minutes, very busy shooting missiles into the floor but doing no damage to anyone in the process. Meanwhile the best of the Alliance keep rushing up the stairs, oblivious to the scoreboard, which is now 50 to 100 in favor of the Horde. Some people are now more busy talking than fighting. The rest get fed up and leave the Horde keep, or the game altogether. The new players who zone in see that the gates are down…and rush up the staircase happily. When the Alliance is 20 deaths away from defeat the Horde now senses that victory is not so impossible after all and smashes the remnants of the Alliance one last time in the courtyard before chugging down a beer. The Horde victory is grudging, with some remarks of “I told you so”. Better a slow win than a quick loss, they say. But for the Alliance the defeat is depressing. It is total and it is crushing. It makes people want to headbutt their keyboard. How can such dumb players exist?! You swear off PvP for ever. It’s just too stupid. But as you come back from college one day, very bored, you log into WoW, press the random BG button. After 5 minutes the queue pops and you see the welcoming load screen of the Isle. Your next adventure is just about to begin…Opopopopo2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 partial premades for random BGs? Is it possible to do a partial premade, to join random battle grounds. We have 7 guild members all wanting to pvp but when we group everyone up (switching party to raid to allow them in) it just says your party is to big for the battleground even though battleground holds more. Is there a way to get 7 guild members in the same random battlegroundShambolic3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 WSG- Silverwing Flag cap broken Three different occasions I have lost a game because of this glitch. Once just now, spurring me to make this post. When you stand on the cap point in the Silverwing flag room, it doesn't cap every time. You will have to run out and in several times to do this, which is IMPOSSIBLE when the enemy team is pressuring you. You need to be able to stand on the cap and expect it to cap. I have actually been standing on the point carrying the flag, and had a horde jump down and TAKE OUR FLAG WHILE I WAS STANDING ON IT. I haven't seen the horde run into a similar problem at any point. Perhaps it's just me. Wait, no, it's not, because I have the same thing from at least 5 other people. Is this going to be fixed any time soon, or am I going to have to blow a veto on WSG now?Jarkere14 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 [H]Rogue LFG RBG's 2200 exp, 2120 CR :) Reply if interested, 2000+ mmr groupBustt0 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Flawless logic of low lvl pvp- Give hunters all their slows and escape mechanics (besides det) straight away ie. before lvl 14=> dont give any melee class a gap closer or slow till the 20s bracket. inb4: its low lvl pvp its not what the games is about. But surely there is no game changing reason why warriors cant have slows till 26 for instance.Fmilypeteata10 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Killing vs. Crippling There are two inescapable parts to a BG: the first is the objective, and the second is battling the enemy. The objective is the core, and battling the enemy is something that often must be done in order to achieve this core, and win the game. When these two are mixed up, and the core becomes the battle, then midfield happens, GY camping happens, and games are often lost. But I want to talk about this second objective today, which is often overlooked. The easy and obvious thing for someone to do in a BG when an enemy gets in his way of completing the first objective is to kill that enemy. The enemy will either fight to the death, or run away when he sees he is about to lose. At that point, almost inevitably, the superior party will prevent his escape and make a quick end to him. As a result of this, the enemy will respawn in 1-30 seconds, and make his way, full health and mana, back into the game. This puts the defeated member's team at a disadvantage because time was lost - and time is all that is ever lost, because we respawn. But if costing the enemy time is what this secondary objective is all about, then wouldn't it be more effective to cripple the player than to kill him and let him respawn full health? Letting the healer go oom, and then run away as opposed to killing him. Letting the rogue sprint off and then stealth. Letting the enemy player make that long trek out to the resto hut, and then back again. Wouldn't that be more useful than killing?Gnoam9 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 60s Twink thread #149 - We use propur grammur ...Dustfingur500 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Having fun? I dont really know why am i doing this, i know that blizzard, as any other american-global company, doesnt give a !@#$ about customer's complains. i just have to get this out of my chest, cata gear sucks, its not even funny anymore, i ve had to leave too many bgs and take the stupid debufff just because they just !##% us with their cata gear. its just stupid, plain stupid, i know it's just for some lvls 75-79, but come on, we re paying every month for this game, we deserve to have fun at any damn time we want to play, and guess what, being farmed for 14-20 minutes in a bg aint fun....it just sucks...i know the answer to this crap, buy cata gear yourself blah blah blah.....this just sucks no matter how many stupid answers you give to this problem, it is wrong, and thats all...srry about this, im just pissed off...Arquimedeh20 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Shadow Priest in bgs hello i have an alt that is a shadow preist, And every time i get into a battleground that has already started i cannot do anything when the enemy is in the start point for the BG because of the ridiculous amount of buffs i have to put on. its bullcrap i have fort,shadow protection, shadow form, inner fire, and vampiric embrace. if i don't have these buffs my class is horrible in pvp.Arghsinic10 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Thinking about PvP Hello guys and girls. I was hoping for some advice on what I should do. I have played WoW since 2007 and been finding myself rerolling my toons, I think its because I am bored of pve. I don't raid because of RL and I've been busy and I don't do heroics because they're just boring and I always end up with !@#$%^-s in my group... I have been testing a little bit of pvp and I really like it. It's a lot more exciting then pve I was wondering for somebody who is interested in pvp, what is the best class/race/faction to roll. I want to know what faction wins bgs the most and what class can kick *!@ in bgs. I am thinking about starting a new toon and using him just for pvp and leveling him in just pvp so by the time I get to 85 I have all the honor I need for gear. Edit: Anything but a rouge! I do not like them, I like the stealth but I just want a simple class...Garrom2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Hunters @ Low Level in BG's So, if I remember correctly Blizz said they were going to be looking at and fixing certains things in low level PvP. Having just rolled a new character, I forgot how ridiculously overpowered hunters are until like level 40. You physically can't excel in a BG against a good/geared (you don't even need any talent) Hunter, Priest, or Rogue. Priests have: Power Word Shield that can absorb about 80% of what someones health is. (Like 600-800 Absorb isn't uncommon.) All the while, they can Penance you for a good chuck of health. Then STILL heal themself if you happen to get through the bubble before you die. Hunters on the other hand, have Explosive Shot (6 Second CD) that on the AVERAGE geared players (with BoA's) does in the neighborhood of 50% of your health. 1 GCD; no cast time; 50% Health. Even in Lunar Eclipse, a Starfire crit will be about 400 damage (don't forget the almost 3 second cast time at this level.) So by the time I can cast 1 offensive spell a hunter could have bursted me downed, and probably already moved to another target (who is probably also almost dead...) Hunters are nigh unkillable by melee classes because of the concussive shot kiting they get at what level 12? Rogues have the obvious stealth advantage, yet they significantly outperform Ferals because of the sheer damage on Ambush alone. At level 17 as a Feral druid I would have Rake and Ferocious Bite. No opener, no burst damage, by the time I could even get 5 combo points, I would be dead 5 times over. Rogues: Opener, Bleed, Burst from Instant Poison. It's unfair and it makes leveling any classes that aren't Priest, Rogue, or Hunter in PvP extremely frustrating... I'm not asking to make ever class the same, or even to make every class perfectly equal, but I ask ANYONE to roll a Warrior, Ret Pally, or other melee classes, then fight hunters and tell me it's not 150% frustrating because you can't do anything. You might as well sit there and let them kill you because you have no chance of even damaging them...Numinex3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 question about buying PvP weapons I wanted a 2-H sword PvP weapon for transmod. I'm not a PvPer and don't do BGs. The sword cost 3400 honors, but it says it requires that you earn 7250 honors for the season before it unlocks the ability to buy the sword. Since I'm a PvEer I plan on just doing PvE stuff like dungeons to earn justice points and convert it into honors. Does earned justice points, and converting it to honors count towards the 7250 honors needed to unlock the ability to buy the sword for 3400 honors? I don't want to have to PvP since I won't be using the weapon in PvP, not interested in PvP, and don't have any resil gear, I just want a PvP weapon for me to transmog. I'd rather just PvE and trade JPs to honors if that possible, even tho its slower. Does it work?Cannabes2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 LF RBG group! Full Cata +Heroic CoC Did a few RBGS at beginning (1900) in RBGS at beginning of season but they kinda died off on my server. Currently looking for someone to run with. Low rating atm. Hit me up in game mail on MishaAntagonistic3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Catharsis LFM for rBG fun times. As the title suggests, we are looking for like minded PvP people for low mmr rBGs. Currently doing rateds every Thursday night at 8:00 MT, with more days to be added as interest grows. For more info, feel free to contact either myself or Nahmalo either in game or on here; I'll be checking back periodically. Hope to see you gents on!Dancër0 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Heirlooms aren't the issue. Ugh, tired of seeing heirloom threads day after day. There's a key fact here that a lot of people are missing... I'm noticing that some people already know this, but clearly many, many others don't. I'm going to write about it, and hopefully those that agree will keep it bumped so that folks upset about heirlooms will see it, and adjust their thinking before posting. First off, lets lay it out clearly... what's the key complaint that players have regarding heirlooms? It's this: Heirloom players do too much damage and kill players too quickly. There is a misconception that heirloom items are the cause of this. Heirloom items do indeed add good stats, specifically in the health department, but these are actually comparable to what one might find in dungeons appropriate for that level range. To that end, is it inappropriate for people to come into battlegrounds wearing items they got in dungeons and fight against people who only have questing greens? No, it's not, WoW is a gear based game and while it's unfortunate, that's the way it is. It needs to be understood that once you hit 85, you will be fighting against players with much better gear than you who will kill you very quickly until you gear up. The gear disparity at the lower levels is actually much less than it is when you hit 85. That said, there is an imbalance at low level PvP but heirloom items are not the cause. The cause is damage scaling on abilities. The Cataclysm patch brought with it the new talent trees, which gave players access to their tier defining ability. For a lot of classes, this added a really high damage ability very early in the game. Not to pick on anybody, but a good example might be hunters getting aimed shot, or rogues getting mutilate. These are both high damage abilities that, in proportion to a players' health at low levels, hit extremely hard. I know for certain that when my prot paladin got Avenger's Shield at level 10, mobs became trivial. What this means in the PvP world is that DPS classes are now running with high damage abilities and people with low health are going to die very quickly. All heirloom items do at this stage is make you live a little longer and again, these are comparable to dungeon items you might get as you progress through the dungeons. So, instead of asking for heirloom items to be removed from low level bgs, or for them to be forced into a twink bracket, please consider that the problem is damage scaling on low level abilities. You might also ask for more health on low level items. Either way, the fact remains that if Blizzard were to remove herlooms today, you would still be getting 1 or 2 shot by players in green/blue gear. Hopefully that seems reasonable and makes sense. Please consider this information before posting complaints that heirlooms are ruining your BG leveling experience. *Edit: If you agree with this post, please up vote it. If even one person gets the idea and it saves the forum from another "remove BoAs!!" post, it's worth it ;)Smellybeard350 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 South graveyard Why does it still exist in strand of the ancients? It makes the attacking team run back to get demos, and puts the defending team in a better defending position(IMO). I know of zero decent players who would cap it, but you will see inexperienced players capping it then getting yelled at a chewed out like no other. Since it makes it so much harder to attack, it can force an attacking team to lose in a close game. So in conclusion, it only causes grief or is ignored by decent players. Why is it still here? Share you thoughts please.Bigjerk25 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Guys...Jimmies are 2 years old... Seriously, constantly referring to them makes you look like you're 12 and your mom only lets you onto approved sites. Get some new content.Quartus51 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 People are ruining 75-79 bracket Cata green people should be thrown in to the 85 bracketUltann11 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 BoA Gear - Good or Bad? I seriously think that players who make BoA twinks should only be able to play against other players with BoA twinks. The game isn't even enjoyable for us who don't have BoA gear, I just got kicked from a BG because I didn't have BoA gear. The entire alliance team was spawn killing us, they had BoA gear and some of us didn't, so we didn't stand a chance. Do you guys think BoA twinks should have their own BGs? Seriously Blizzard, please PLEASE fix this.Stahli28 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Most satisfying way to kill someone? For me it has got to be Thunderstorming rogues off of a cliff.Ultann80 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 70's Thread of Ddods for wins 70s have become more popular due to darkspear twinks xoxo Some quick info about the 70-74 bracket: + Queues + We get constant BGs almost all day and night. Queues usually start in the afternoon at 1 pm EST, and continue into the next morning until 5-7 am EST. Queue times are anywhere from 1-15 minutes depending on time of day It doesn't matter if you have a capped account, or stopped your experience, we're all queued together. + Gear + Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A full set of gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) is ~2.3k honor. It's highly recommended to obtain the honor needed before hitting 70. Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket.This is the first bracket with access to resilience gear, in conjunction with Wrath gems and enchants, allows you to adjust your damage taken:damage dealt ratio to suit your own personal need. + Professions + You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has some very powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ + Gems and Enchants +Arcanist Ivrenne (if you're Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (if you're Horde) will sell uncut epic gems from Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points.375 Honor points can be exchanged for 250 Justice points by Edlan Halsing in the Champion's Hall if you're Alliance and Rogoc in the Hall of Legends if you're Horde.Enchants are available for nearly every armor slot at level 70. Of note, Revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive will get you a head enchant. You can buy the shoulder enchant for Honor off of the Accessories Quartermaster in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. + 70 vs. 74 + By going to level 74 you gain 2 additional talent points, a few base stats, an increase in ability scaling, a higher chance to be missed, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe). All of those benefits may seem appealing, but keep in mind you lose 25% of your secondary stats (resilience, haste, crit, etc.). Most players will encourage you to stay at 70 because most of the benefits are offset by the penalties for leveling, but feel free to play as you like. + Arenas + You can do arena, however there are no title rewards. 71-74s currently join arena teams, but you can make a team at 70 before leveling and still queue on that team.Although we don't have a ladder, arenas are ranked on www.twinkranking.com. + Rated BGs + There are numerous guilds/teams participating in Rated BG's (see below for listing). Pick-up games do occur on weeknights. If you intend to run a RBG group at a particular date/time, you should post on forums when you are in queue when you queue, or in advance. + Guilds + There are various active guilds on both Horde and Alliance side on a large number of servers. Some of the bigger ones are: Horde: <BattleMasters> - Altar of Storms --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362520674 <Jaytos Fanclub> - Mok'nathal - http://i.imgur.com/aMcKW.png <Nerd Cleave> - Frostmane - Recruiting 2.2k+ or prove competence Alliance: <xxmd Nation> - Sargeras - Not recruiting <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> - Sargeras <Never Got My Glaives> - Arthas --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708495 <Pardon My Swagg> - Sargeras <Apocalyptic> - Perenolde --> http://apoc-perenolde.wowstead.com/Layonthese4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 [H] Rogue Looking for RBGs to push Hero Looking for a solid RBG team to push hero. Been 2200+ in all brackets this season, 2400 in 3s, 2370 in RBGs. Anyways, hit me up on skype, caavo1.Nicetrylol0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Ilv 401 Fire Mage LF RBGs Hey, I'm looking for a RBGs team to run with. My server is low pop an has no PvP going on. I have full cata minus one trinket, have CoC, an deathwing dagger. Hit me up if interested.Grapeswisher0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Hey, a question about 70s If I can only reach 70 and join the bg, will I face the 74 guys?Shadowill4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Level 10-14 bg, endless queue I eliminated experience to play at level 14 in the battlegrounds, and i never get into a match. I only have a single heirloom, the rest of my gear is level 8 garbage. Why cannot the bgs be organized by relative stats, hps for melee/tanks, mana for healers/nukers ect, instead of locking out players who turned off exp totally.Crusâder9 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Deleted. Deleted. Rude way to say it btw guys your all really good people :DGahdal5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 30%-50% resilience and leveling battlegrounds Is anyone else worried about the effect the built-in resilience - whether it's 30% or 50% - is going to have on leveling battlegrounds? I agree that lower-level PvP damage is too bursty, and should be reduced. My Hunter shouldn't be able to Aimed Shot people for >100% of their health, as hilarious though as it is. But the problem is that this is a huge buff to healing, which is already out of control. A skilled, geared healer in a low-level battleground is already nearly impossible to kill unless he's focused by 3 or more people. Two people, even two geared people, often already aren't enough. Even with interrupts and stuns, any heal that the healer gets off is a heal to full health. I often play with my wife, who plays various healers. No matter what class she's on, in low-level battlegrounds, practically every other spell she casts is the equivalent to Lay on Hands. She already needs to be focused down by 3+ skilled, geared people in order to die. Unexperienced, ungeared players won't do very much to her at all. Now consider this state of healing in low-level battlegrounds, combined with built-in 30% or even 50% resilience. Instead of needing 2-3 people to take down a good healer, you're going to need 4-6. If you go against two geared healers in Warsong Gulch, you don't even have enough players to kill them. No one with two healers is going to die. I support the effect built-in resilience will have on nerfing low-level PvP damage. But unless PvP healing is nerfed as well, I can see this turning out very badly. It seems to me that healing is also going to be overpowered in end-game, for the same reasons. If everyone is going to have a larger PvP damage reduction, but heals remain the same, and get a boost from PvP power, then baseline PvP healing MUST be nerfed, or else healing is going to be god mode. The way it looks like it's going to be, I fear that the game may become unplayable. I don't like solutions like increasing Mortal Strike to 50%, because that makes a few classes crucial. I think baseline PvP healing simply needs to be nerfed, at least as much as resilience is buffed.Elodeon16 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 [A] 1800+ cr Resto Sham LF 2k+ Push Hey all, First of all, not 100% sure this is in the right place. If it's not, I apologize. Now to the topic at hand, I'm an 1830cr Resto Sham, Full cata/Epic gems ect... and I'm looking for a group who is looking to push rating towards the end of this season. If you have a group that is looking to push some rating you can contact me at james.is.me@hotmail.com via real id.Zetlin0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Help me not suck in PVP at low levels please. I first started doing random battlegrounds as a way to get in some quick low-impact fun. I'm not too worried about pushing to 85, and prefer to duo with my fiance so don't want to outlevel her. As such, I thought it might be a good idea to roll up a low level character or two simply for battlegrounds. That's where my hell begins. To date I've tried a rogue and a warrior, and both have been an exercise in frustration. It should be noted I don't have enough honor for any heirloom gear, which is something I'd ultimately like to get; this usually means I craft the best of what I can with my main's blacksmithing. Sure this gear isn't blue, but it's far from undergeared/underequipped. So why is it I find myself in so many situations where: 1.)One to two shot kills. Talk about frustrating, before I can see a guy I've been targetted and killed. No big deal, I'll just travel in a group. Surely all of us won't die in one to two hits... oh. Wait. Nevermind. 2.)The target won't die. On my main, this is usually the bad luck of a well geared Death Knight or Priest, but I expect it. In these low level battlegrounds, it's not uncommon for me to see a character kite for or five people and about the time you think they're gonna die they pop a potion and the whole process begins anew. Meanwhile, while everyone is working that epeen with promises and threats that they're gonna be the guy to take this amazing tank down... friends of the mark show up to take him down. It's absolutely frustrating. How can I get PvP gear if I can't be on a winning team? How can I expect to be on the winning team if I, myself, am not pulling my weight? Granted, I'm new at battlegrounds but there seems to be something I'm absolutely missing where the number of people that can mop the floor with me at lower levels is outstanding, and any tips I can use to mitigate this and make this part of the game fun would be appreciated. Ultimately, I'd like to be in a situation where I have enough honor for the gear I need, but to get there I need to be able to pull my weight. I'm not even kidding, on my son's Undead Warrior today (who is level 14) I had a number of honor points sure, but 1 kill and 16 deaths? Pretty terrible, in my opinion.Gandiva5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Most OP plate class for leveling In full BOA's/enchants/fully loaded gearz, what is the most OP plate class for DPS? I was in a battleground the other day and a ret paladin was literally obliterating everyone in one shot. I have also heard warriors and DK's are beasts, so anyone have input?Minced4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Bloodthirsty Gladiator vs. Vicious Pyrium I'm curious about something. Looking at the stats on the Vicious Pyrium items, they seem better and have a higher item level than the Bloodtirsty Gladiator items. But the Bloodthirsty items have more sockets and set bonuses. So comparing set to set, which ends up being better in the end? edit: also, what about vicious gladiator vs vicious pyrium?Strangeduck0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 70s thread of 3s warfare 70s have become more popular due to darkspear twinks xoxo Some quick info about the 70-74 bracket: + Queues + We get constant BGs almost all day and night. Queues usually start in the afternoon at 1 pm EST, and continue into the next morning until 5-7 am EST. Queue times are anywhere from 1-15 minutes depending on time of day It doesn't matter if you have a capped account, or stopped your experience, we're all queued together. + Gear + Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A full set of gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) is ~2.3k honor. It's highly recommended to obtain the honor needed before hitting 70. Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket.This is the first bracket with access to resilience gear, in conjunction with Wrath gems and enchants, allows you to adjust your damage taken:damage dealt ratio to suit your own personal need. + Professions + You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has some very powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ + Gems and Enchants +Arcanist Ivrenne (if you're Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (if you're Horde) will sell uncut epic gems from Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points.375 Honor points can be exchanged for 250 Justice points by Edlan Halsing in the Champion's Hall if you're Alliance and Rogoc in the Hall of Legends if you're Horde.Enchants are available for nearly every armor slot at level 70. Of note, Revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive will get you a head enchant. You can buy the shoulder enchant for Honor off of the Accessories Quartermaster in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. + 70 vs. 74 + By going to level 74 you gain 2 additional talent points, a few base stats, an increase in ability scaling, a higher chance to be missed, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe). All of those benefits may seem appealing, but keep in mind you lose 25% of your secondary stats (resilience, haste, crit, etc.). Most players will encourage you to stay at 70 because most of the benefits are offset by the penalties for leveling, but feel free to play as you like. + Arenas + You can do arena, however there are no title rewards. 71-74s currently join arena teams, but you can make a team at 70 before leveling and still queue on that team.Although we don't have a ladder, arenas are ranked on www.twinkranking.com. + Rated BGs + There are numerous guilds/teams participating in Rated BG's (see below for listing). Pick-up games do occur on weeknights. If you intend to run a RBG group at a particular date/time, you should post on forums when you are in queue when you queue, or in advance. + Guilds + There are various active guilds on both Horde and Alliance side on a large number of servers. Some of the bigger ones are: Horde: <BattleMasters> - Altar of Storms --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362520674 <Jaytos Fanclub> - Mok'nathal - http://i.imgur.com/aMcKW.png <Nerd Cleave> - Frostmane - Recruiting 2.2k+ or prove competence Alliance: <xxmd Nation> - Sargeras - Not recruiting <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> - Sargeras <Never Got My Glaives> - Arthas --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708495 <Pardon My Swagg> - Sargeras <Apocalyptic> - Perenolde --> http://apoc-perenolde.wowstead.com/Aibreann500 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Help finding a new PVP home. I am looking to transfer from my server. I am looking to go to a PVP server that is active and is more evenly matched in Tol Barad and world PVP. And hopefully one that is in a decent battlegroup. I am also looking for an active and friendly PVP guild. I am alliance but I am not opposed to faction change if needed, although that would be a last resort. If anyone could give me some tips or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Your friend.Poodoopoodoo6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Is this wrong? I got called an ahole by a team mate in wsg I find lawlz in hunting down the same player over an over again in a bg and blowing them to little bits. It's even better when I que with two guildies we all find it funny we all pick different players and only attack them inless ovbivously the eFc is near by or node is being attack. Then at the end we see how many Kbs we got knowing that more than 3/4 are the same player. Now when we have guild play rules goes as follows no targets can have under 140k hp if so he doesn't count because thats just unfair ie no resil.Beki15 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Ruthless Challenge Alright, I have been kicking this idea around in my head for awhile. I would appreciate feedback and ideas. I would like to gear out this toon in full Ruthless. I typically go Holy, and that is the spec that I am planning to do full Ruthless. I would do Ret, but to be optimized, I would have to use my T13 Heroic 2 piece, and my Heroic Gurth, and that seems like it wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge. Gearing out will take a little bit of time, because I have vendored all of my old pieces. That's not an issue. That point that I would like feedback on is how I should document this for these forums. It may not prove anything to some/many of you, but I would still like the evidence to be out there. I could screenshot whatever you like, however, I do not stream or fraps or any of that so that would be something I would prefer to avoid. Another question, I suppose. What would be considered a success? Comments?Eisenhorne16 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 RBGS delete.Theokeles2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Horde bgs 3x as bad as alliance? I had been alliance for a good amount of time and switching to horde I noticed one thing, horde bgs we lose 90% of the time and I'm not joking its HORRIBLE, makes it extremely hard to pvp gear this hunter.Borraqt21 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 something needs to be done http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/wowscrnshot080112201258.jpg/ enough said?Crazymami2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 LF someone to make 29 twinks fast Alright here's the deal. When cata hits, many of the best 29 items will be gone, including things like deadman's hand. As a long time 29 twink enthusiast (who deleted old school twinks and GM's can not restore) I am looking to roll a new twink and deck him out to get grannied in, before cata hits hopefully at a pretty fast rate. Anyone interested?Minced1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Disc vs Shadow dps which is better? I do like shadow but it does seem that disc has a lot more tricks to stay alive and do damage. I know shadow does more dps but they have to be alive to do it. Any thoughts?Cholei6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Flag Carrier Disparity-Heroic Leap I know this has probably been talked about ad nauseam but I really want to give my personal opinion. Every tanking class needs a heroic leap in my opinion. It is really the only reason that warriors are sought for RBG over other classes. I love playing my DK as blood carry. I'm good at it but its near impossible to find a decent RBG group because "DK's can't carry L2P." So I've been grinding on my Warrior for honor and I really dislike the warrior mechanics. My personal preference. I am going to play warrior because they're still the only class that will have a heroic leap type ability; monk is close second with roll but they're ability to carry is undetermined as of yet. Not saying this needs fixing but it kind of goes against the whole, "Bring the player, not the class."Anaxo25 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Mounts I bought a winged steed of the ebon blade and I can't use it in battle grounds. Why can't I ride a gryphon but the other guys can ride a dragon? I wish for any mount to be used in battle grounds.Vancerow1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Class Achievements There is a whole lot of different ways to implement class achievements how it is right now, if you think about it. But I'll tell you what types of things may deserve achievements in my class point of view. 1. Leap of faith someone who got thunderstorm/knock back abilitys/or someone who is falling. 2. Mind Control an enemy and hit on of targets faction. so ya. those two were a really small list of good achievements for priests there is many ways you can go about it.Kagulis0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Free level 80, which class should i get? So me and a friend just got done with our second RaF 80 which means, a free level 80! :D I was wondering what a good PvP damage class to roll would be for MISTS OF PANDARIA, not CATACLYSM 4.3.3. Thanks.Astroshot2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Alterac Valley I'm ready to play some PVP - Excited to spam frostbolt and ice lance, and freeze my life away. I queue for a random battleground . . . . ALTERAC VALLEY EVERY SINGLE TIME. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THIS WRETCHED BATTLE GROUND WHY MUST I KEEP GETTING THE QUEUE? Does anyone else feel like this? or is it just me?Aliceglass18 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Premades on Trollbane for Achievements I'm looking for a group of PVP'ers to do Battlegrounds of RBGs with where we can coordinate and work on achievements and stuffMacabere0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Geared Ret w/ bone-link LF xrealm rbg check my armory if intrested real id me, brennangreg2@gmail.comXcellent2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Twinks Why did you remove them? I don't enjoy having my wait time for bgs turned up 1000% (not exaggerating) when I turn off my xp, let me bg with everyone else in my bracket please.Lildumbuldor14 Aug 1, 2012