Customer Support

Nov 3, 2010 Welcome to the Customer Support Forum! The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives. The representatives who staff this forum are dedicated to providing our players with the information and resources necessary to help ensure in-game experiences are as [EPIC] as possible. As part of this effort, visitors of this forum can expect to find a host of information pertaining to in-game and account issues, including (but not limited to): Account Security and Compromise Recovery Account and Character Services Customer Service Interactions Notable Customer Service Policy Changes Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Customer Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Guidelines below. As a reminder, the Customer Support forum is not an alternative to the email, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly. (Contact Blizzard Support ) We hope you enjoy your time here on the Customer Support forum. Have fun!Khromuk4 Nov 3, 2010
Jan 10, 2014 Support Contact Channels If you are looking for support on a particular aspect of the game, please use the following list to find the right location for assistance. 1. Account & Technical Services, Game Masters , Web Chat, Forums, Social Media 2. Bugs, Suggestions, Cheats 3. Reporting a Post/Feedback 4. BlizzardCS Twitter 5. BlizzardTutorial Youtube Account Services & Technical Services Start Here: Get Help Game Masters Support Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Start Here: Get Help **Note** Patch 5.3 introduced in-game tools that allows you to access the support site and submit a ticket. Live Chat When browsing through the Support Site or when going through the Support Ticket submission entries, you may be presented with a Live Chat option. This option will allow you to interact with a Customer Support representative via a chat window who will assist you with your issue. Callback Support Instead of calling a number (and potentially waiting on hold) for support, you’ll use the Blizzard Support Site to set up a callback. Just enter information about your issue after selecting the callback option, along with your phone number, and a Game Master will give you a call back! Forums Technical Support Mac Technical Support Customer Support Forum UI and Macro Forum Social Media (For Breaking News, Service Outages or Game Interruption info) BlizzardCS Twitter BlizzardTutorial YouTube **Note**Some cases may still require you to submit a support ticket or otherwise contact Support directlyRoraks5 Jan 10, 2014
Apr 25, 2013 Multiple Security Locks? Try this! We've been receiving reports from players who have been experiencing repeated account locks due to "suspicious activity" and we wanted to provide what steps we could to help get you back in the game and/or access the WoW Remote app. Generally, if our systems detect a change in your normal access pattern (i.e. how you connect to the game and services), it may temporarily lock the account and require you to reset your password. This password reset provides a simple verification that validates the play session and allows you to access the account and game. Some players who are using the mobile app have recently been getting locked out even after the session validation/password reset. If you are experiencing this issue, please follow these steps: 1. Make note of the platform (game or mobile) where you received the lockout message. 2. You have two options to unlock the account. a. The first is if you attempt to log into the account, you may be directed to a security check page. There you'll be able to enter a security code sent to the registered email address for your account or answer your security question. b. The second is if you click on "Can't log in?" and select the My Battle.net account is locked option. There you will be prompted to enter your account name and then to answer your security question or supply a game key from your Blizzard retail box. 3. With both methods you'll be sent a code to the registered email address on the account. Entering that code verifies your access and unlocks the account. 4. When logging in after unlocking the account, log in using the same device that you encountered the lock on. This will ensure that your device is authenticated, and reduce or eliminate the chance of being locked from this device again. If you experience frequent lockouts otherwise not associated with this specific situation we highly recommend using one of our additional options for account management and security. The SMS Protect feature is available to those with a standard cell phone in a supported country with a data plan. This feature is available for free (standard text messaging fees would apply) and allows you to manage your security options for the account. Specifically it will send a code to your phone that you can enter on the site and unlock the account instead of resetting the password. Note - if you experience issues when clicking on the Add SMS Protect button on that page, you can still apply SMS Protect, by logging into your account and choosing the security settings. To find those options, choose 'Account' from near the top of the page. There in the middle of the account screen you will see options for adding SMS Protect and the Authenticator. We also have available the Battle.net Authenticator. This comes as a mobile app which is available for free as well as a physical device which is available through the Blizzard Store. This security option is taken into consideration by our systems and while it may not eliminate all lock outs, it can greatly reduce them. If you need additional support with a locked account, you may use our live chat feature or open a support ticket. Chat (Hours may vary) Contact Blizzard Support Account, App & Store ► Account ► Can't log in ► Unlock account ►Select a Contact Channel ► Live Chat Support Ticket Contact Blizzard Support► Account, App & Store ► Account ► Can't log in ► Unlock account ►Select a Contact ChannelVrakthris0 Apr 25, 2013
Jul 25, 2012 Payment & Purchase Tips! If you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your account, or completing a character service, please follow these tips: Payment Option/Billing Profile A Billing Profile is required in order to successfully place most Character Services requests and Online Store purchases. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Click on Add a Payment Method 4. Add all the required information and click Save Payment Method when you are done 5. Success! You are finished adding a Billing Profile Multiple Billing Profiles and Primary Payment Method If you have multiple Billing Profiles on your account, make sure that the card you are using to make the purchase is set as the 'Primary Payment Method'. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Look for the card you wish to use and click on ‘Make this my primary payment method’ Credit Card Payment Assistance/Invalid Credit Card Errors If you are encountering credit card errors and have already added a Billing Profile, please verify that all the information is entered as it appears on the card. This includes: Card holder’s Full Name Full Card Number Expiration Date Billing Address Verification Code Additional troubleshooting steps can be found in our Common Credit Card Payment Issues page. **Note** For security purposes, please DO NOT post any of the above information on the forums. Should you continue to experience any payment related issues and you have already talked to your financial institution, please contact our billing and account services team directly.Roraks0 Jul 25, 2012
Apr 27 Battle for Azeroth Beta Reminder With the Battle for Azeroth launch coming closer every day, we've been seeing an increase in players requesting access to the Battle for Azeroth Beta. While we are happy to see so many of you excited to try it out and provide feedback, please remember that Customer Support is not able to grant Beta access upon request. To verify you've opted in, visit the Beta Profile Settings page in Account Management and make sure the Warcraft box is checked (as well as any other games you may be interested in Beta testing!) Good luck & we hope to see you in the Battle For Azeroth Beta!Harlsoco0 Apr 27
20h BfA - Pre-patch 8.0. Info & Known Issues Tensions are escalating between the Horde and the Alliance, and soon the Battle for Azeroth will begin in earnest. Learn more about some of the biggest changes in our pre-patch Survival Guide. Some features that you'll find in this patch: War Mode, PvP Talents, Bounty Hunter System, Air Drops Legion PvP Post-Season World of Warcraft Communities For those just returning or who otherwise need to be caught up we have guides for both new and returning players. New Player's Guide / New Player Help and Guides forum Returning Player's Guide / Returning Player Help and Discussion forum Battle for Azeroth Pre-Expansion Patch Survival Guide Battle for Azeroth Pre-Expansion Patch Notes Release Date/Times for Battle For Azeroth Launch As with any patch it is important to make sure that if you use addons that they have been updated. It may be a good idea to reset your UI to default to make sure that the old files aren't causing any issues. Resetting your User Interface Helpful links for various tech issues: Installation and Patching Troubleshooting World of Warcraft Disconnection Problems World of Warcraft Latency Problems World of Warcraft Performance Troubleshooting World of Warcraft Lockups and Crash Errors Error 134 When Launching WoWVrakthris2 20h
Dec 23, 2015 Spotlight On - Guild Management and Security Guilds have come a long way from the days when a "guild bank" was one or more characters who stored all the items gathered and utilized by a guild for leveling and raiding. The introduction of Guild Banks allowed guilds to share resources with one another more easily and gave Guild Leaders more control over their guild. No matter the size of your guild or how many bank tabs you may have purchased, it is important that you guard against those who may take unintended advantage of the permissions given to them. Remember that the Guild Leader has sole control over maintaining the integrity of their guild and guild bank by limiting who is given access to the guild permissions. As a Guild Leader, take some time and go over the permissions you have granted to each rank. By inviting a player to your guild and promoting them to a specific rank, you are granting them certain access and control. For example: If you have promoted a guild member to a rank that is able to invite/kick, they could remove all guild members that were at least one rank below them. How to set up ranks for your Guild How to set up Rank Permissions It is especially important to monitor who has access to the bank. If you give a rank the ability to access all or just some of the bank tabs, they are able to remove whatever item they wish to based on those permissions. How to set up permissions for your Guild Bank It is also important to keep overall account security in mind. If a member of your guild is compromised (hacked), it is likely during that time that any items/gold that the character has access to could be vulnerable. You can help protect your guild bank from such scenarios by requiring any rank that has access to a guild bank tab to have an Authenticator. Blizzard Authenticator FAQ Guild Leaders and members who have invite permissions should be wary of any players claiming to be a guild member’s “alt.” Be sure to take extra precautions before inviting these characters or giving them bank access. Guild members should exercise discretion when joining a guild and when choosing to contribute to the guild bank. Any item or amount of gold deposited into the guild bank may be accessed and removed by anyone with permissions to do so. Once deposited into the guild bank the depositing character holds no ownership over the items/gold. How to keep your Guild Bank secureVrakthris5 Dec 23, 2015
26s Login issues & Characters not found Hey all, I figured it might be easier to have a central thread so folks have a single place they can check for updates. As you should be aware, our techs have been working on an issue that has been preventing a large portion of the playerbase from logging in. We are starting to see some positive results, but many players are unable to locate there characters once they do log in. The overall issue is still being looked into, and we are aware of reports of missing characters. I'll try to provide what updates I can in this thread. While I certainly understand your frustration, please refrain from violating the Code of Conduct, including unproductive posts. Thank you all for your patience.Vrakthris1424 26s
30s 8.0.1 Patch re-downloads upon failed login attempt Hi, I am currently getting kicked out at "connecting to game server", but I noticed at this time the Blizzard Launcher restarts the patch 8.0.1 download as if it never installed it in the first place. This is a bit odd. Any one else seeing their patch restart and re-install after/during failed login attempts?Zerix133 30s
34s What's fair to long-time players? The players who've been playing for 12 years+ have their hard earned achievements and points taken away for a mere "Feat of Strength" that literally means nothing, and can't even login to enjoy a beautifully failed patch attempt to keep us interested. Having 22k achievement points before the Ulduar revamp, bringing it down below 20k itself, now sitting at what you can see after more points taken away from this patch. Where are the discounts, advantages, etc., to continue to play this game after such a long time, going through all the good and, don't even get me started on, the bad. Even games like Team Fortress 2 appreciated their customers who bought their game before it was free. What's fair here?Meliodas2 34s
35s Logging in, same old story Why pay for something that does not work... I patiently waited until 3pm PDT. Still can not log in. So I tried Diablo for for awhile. Guess I wont be playing that either as its Blizzard. Guess I remember now why I was gone for like 3 years. Sigh, I quit this game after one night having a heart attack leading a 10 man with our 500 person guild. Well since I'm a 100% disabled Viet Nam Vet and don't have much else to do, I thought I would give it another whirl. I now remember every Tuesday wondering if I was going to have problems logging on again. I think I want a refund. I know I know, I know the EULA, Disappointed Returning player..Fionaray10 35s
41s WOW51900102 ??? I'm not sure why i'm getting this error code or how to work the issue. WOW51900102Mahia12 41s
42s Lack of Communication Lack of Communication that is what the real issue is. If people are updated they tend to be more patient but when you go hours with nothing then people get frustrated. Someone should be on point and updating every 30mins at a minimum.....IMHOVlorig8 42s
50s Refunds for todays missed game play? Just as a suggestion. I can be patient and I totally understand things don't always work, so please understand that I'm not saying that this is the worst thing ever and we need to grab our pitchforks and unsubscribe, however If I ordered a pizza and it was delivered to me raw and therefore under prepared, I would not expect to have to pay for it. Maybe not a complete refund, but please consider something a little more than a Bp oil spill apology tweet.Jackevorkian26 50s
1m Refund please I would really like a refund for the $14.99 Blizzard took from me today. If no refund is possible, spend it wisely Blizzard. By the way, I reclaimed a lot of hard drive space on the uninstall.Nosoul20 1m
1m 14 Years... 14 years and you still can't lunch a major without f**ing everything up . ggWhooki41 1m
2m Why can't everyone be patient? I don't understand why anyone can't be patient for Blizzard to smooth everything out. Go for a walk, play something else or yourself. I went to the gym and tanned outside.Zakhariya66 2m
2m Not a lot of time Blizz this sucks guys, I work 10 hours a day and only get a few hours to play when its not my day off... it sucks this happened. please get it up soon...Rillanas0 2m
2m I still can't log in..sigh So whens this getting fixed? I still can't log in.Sweetnsalty76 2m
4m Is 8.0.1 (downloaded version) the wrong patch? I believe most people are reporting that 8.0.1 is the version which they downloaded. My question for Blizzard is, did you allow downloading of patch 8.0.1 or 8.0? My common sense tells me that we should not be playing a patch version which hasn't even been released yet (aka 8.0.1). Did the blizz launcher download the wrong patch?Dozure49 4m
4m Nobody should play BFA Literally, every single large patch like this Blizzard wets the bed. Not to mention, a few weeks ago Blizzard supposedly had a DDOS attack (lol yeah right) that took them down for a day. It's mind boggling that after almost 14 years they still can't figure out how to release new content without a total meltdown of their systems. Return your pre-orders and boycott BFA until they can get their act together.Barragez24 4m
4m Removed Authenticator Authenticator removed...as per instructions...now I have lost a leveled up pet AND STILL CAN'T LOG IN. So I have lost a whole day of playing and a pet...nice Blizzard. When and how can we expect our logins and compensation...this many xpacs and we still have major issues...just saying.Toxirus37 4m
4m Everything has shrunk....HELP!!! while I was logged on for those precious few moments, everything had been shrunk and the screen adjustment just isn't availableMarduk10 4m
5m Did I miss it? Or are there no quests or at least the starter quest, in this pre-patch? I thought we were getting a few upon logging in.Moonfalora10 5m
5m No Refund, I just want my Gold Missions back Tell you what Blizzard... all these people complaining about missed game time and want their $$$ back... forget that... i'll settle out of court... how about instead of nerfing the Order Hall Gold missions into Resource missions, you just let me run Gold missions for the next four weeks instead, and I won't complain about wanting a refund.Mithrennon0 5m
5m crashing game keeps crashing and giving me Error #132Altihere3 5m
6m Continuous Update? I'm certain this issue is already known, but better safe than sorry. I log in... get to connecting... then retrieving realm list... then logging in to game server... and that's where it DCs. It has been doing that for a few hours now. BUT! Now, all of a sudden, each time I retry to log in, my alert box says that it has a new update and instead of the 'play' button, it's an 'update' button and makes me update each time I want to try logging in again, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. So, I'm not sure what the launcher is downloading, but it won't even launch the game until I 'update the patch' as it says... then it still DC's me anyway.Zerra0 6m
7m Servers down? Game Doesn't connect after logging in Battlenet. Says "connecting to server" then states "you have been disconnected (wow51900102) Ect.. Idk what to do at this point. I have been waiting patiently for this to to cooperate with me since i got off work at 6pm EST. ._. servers and all went poof. Help..? I cant do anything but get on my trial account.. Earlier it let me on but said "no character found"... I log off and pop on I see all servers up but mine Sargeras. I again logged off and now it keeps disconnected me. I think i broke it. u.u ~ripMisskittymyu1 7m
8m After trying to log in .... I decided to take a break. I pushed my chair back, as I got up my chair hit the side of my computer tower and knocked some of my books I had resting on top down to the floor. I picked one of them up and twitched my nose as the dust unsettled into my face. I went to the kitchen and opened my fridge to find that there was no beer. Saddened by this I went back to my room to sit down. As I sat down I forgot that my chair was not positioned where it normally is and I fell on my behind. Giggling I thought to myself, "why am i giggling like this?" Well to make a short story long, I took a deep breath and my nose started to hurt. "What is that smell?" I said to myself. The odor grew stronger as I approached my window and that was when I realized.... It was a skunk!Firac0 8m
9m new patch issue I love this game don't get me wrong :D but when I logged in and seen I didn't get gear from the Mythics that ive done all day and night that kinda made me mad and than to top it off the game isn't letting me log in. when I did log in it was laggy, please fix this im not paying money for a game I can't play :3 thanks.Githie0 9m
10m Error 37 equivalence? This is becoming a failure on the level of Error 37.... an entire day gone..... DAY!Obamanizer0 10m
10m wow xpac would someone have to buy the previous expansions to play the current one(bfa)? ThanksPappadoc1 10m
3m UI Screen I did manage to log in today briefly, i noticed a new UI, i really am not a fan of this, i need glasses now to see chat and my bags are so small i have to slowly mouse over them to open the little tiny things and use my glasses again to see in them, my toon looks like she needs a sandwich or two, lost alot of weight and seems to be a foot or 2 taller, i'm an old dog and just like to play an farm, my raiding days are behind me but now they(blizzard) took away my sight in the game, i did try all the settings are they just made things worst, any idea what blizzard was thinking changing the UIEasyriderr5 3m
11m Somehow all the streamers can play but we can't... Somehow all the streamers can play but we can't. How "strange".Getyorepsup29 11m
11m [CS Lounge] Our name is mud. I capped the last one, now is my time to shine!! Not good at titles,(a lot harder then I thought). Thought maybe “Git gud Edition” would be a nice name but who knows. Happy Monday all!Takodaa237 11m
12m If Blizz only invested in PC Matic All these DDoS attacks on launch day... sigh...Mithrennon3 12m
12m Cant log in (WoW51900102) - Updates on the issue here! Wondering if i am alone on this! Anyone with the same problem? EDIT.: Guys this is not a crying topic please, just checking if other ppl has the same issue. <UPDATE> ... <UPDATE> ... <UPDATE> BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS ⚠️ [#Warcraft] We apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by today's outages. We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible! <UPDATE> BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS ⚠️ [#Warcraft] After deploying some hotfixes we are seeing players successfully logging in. Some users may see "Character Not Found" issues which we continue to investigate. If you do not see characters, creating a new one should unhide them. Thanks for hanging in there! <UPDATE> BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS ⚠️ [#Warcraft] We're still seeing players encountering disconnecting issues, so we're continuing to address these. For those able to get in, the Character Not Found and missing character details here should help. Apologies for the frustration, all. https://blizz.ly/2uGBDwB NEW UPDATE... BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS ⚠️ [#Warcraft] While we are seeing an improvement to realm and login stability, our engineers continue their efforts to resolve remaining login issues for those unable to connect or stay connected. For those still affected, thank you for hanging in there.Hrodrich500 12m
13m Extra Bag Space missing Since the patch my extra slots for bag space from having SMS and Authenticator attached is missing.Gabitha6 13m
14m Where do I post... Where, who, what , do I contact to get a silence removed due to abuse of players that caused it? Players where engaged in a political discussion on how to kill trump and how bad he was for the world... I replied he isn't as bad as the last president that should of been impeached … Next thing I knew, I was disconnected and silenced for nearly 30 days. Who do I appeal to, to have this bs silence removed and the players who abused it reported? Its blatantly obvious that anyone who defends or shows any admiration to DT are being banned and silenced. A political discussion of different view points should not be a banable offense.Juijui4 14m
15m All Honor gone Hello, I was Prestige level 6 or 7 on this character before the patch but now its been lost and I've been set to honor level 1. Honor on all my characters has been wiped. It's not listed in the known issues and not seeing any other threads about it.Kiingy15 15m
15m Waiting on another installation or update It's been stuck on this for a while. I already downloaded that massive 10GB patch last week. Yet, nothing is going on with the update. Tried restarting the Blizzard App, restarting the system, nothing. Same. Thing. Please help. Thank you.Sczherazade1 15m
15m removed druid form? is this for real? is the Might of the Grizzlemaw bear form actually gone forever? you removed a druid form? and now there is no way to obtain it ever again?Wikilinks19 15m
16m Why so many login issues & graphic issues, etc. Just curious why there are so many login issues & graphic issues, etc. when all I heard about was an introduction of pre-patch content for today.Thayan1 16m
16m Fishing Trying to get water strider for BFA and have fished non-stop - past 1,000 fish and logged in to find I have been reset to level 1 with the new patch. Same with mining and herbs. Not understanding what to do going forward. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksWhosadam1 16m
16m Missing my four authenticator + SMS protect bag slots I have both enabled and I'm missing my bag slots, wuz up wit dat bliz?Hamstar25 16m
17m My Kids are drafting legal Action Blizzard how dare you have Technical problems.... incoming lawsuit from my Kids as now I am force to parent them. edit: For the Spelling fanatics!Zyiah9 17m
17m Garbage Xpac Agian Well done Blizzard you pushed me away during cata with stupid changes now you go and do it again. I don't know what you was thinking but I would like to go back to the legion setup and forget this new garbage you are trying to feed usMaceofdoom10 17m
19m Tichondrius Down Looks like 99% of servers are enjoying the prepatch but RIP Tichondrius.Flàshock2 19m
21m WoW doesn't work after the patch At first after the update the pop up of out date driver appear. I tried updating my drives, but after I finish and I tried to launch the game again the screen appears distorted. At this point I have no idea what to do. https://imgur.com/a/CrAVCqQ (screenschot of my game)Rakken4 21m
22m Physical collector edition question I bought the physical collector's edition for bfa in the blizzard gear store. But i cancelled the order because i just found out that my surgery is on the 15th and i chose next day priority. And you don't want that kind of thing hanging at your home. Anyways I tried to reorder it to the regular shipping from my debit card (which has only 120 dollars in it because it was a giftcard, mastercard) but now it won't let me. I called the card company itself and says it only has a balance of 1 dollar and blank cents. Which means the refund did not go through. What should i do?Lunnaya0 22m