Customer Support

Jan 12, 2013 Can't log in after server transfer I posted this in the Tech Support forum, and someone suggested I'd have better luck posting it here. From my thread there: I opened a ticket in-game about this, but the estimated response time is days, so I'm hoping there's a faster way, since I can't log in on my main right now. Best way I can describe it is to list how I got there. 1. Made a level 1 on the new server with the name I wanted to save it until the transfer completed (and to see if it was available at all). 2. Transferred + faction changed the character. 3. Deleted the level 1 with the new name after the transfer was complete. 4. Re-customized the character for the faction change, and renamed it because the old name was taken on that server. 5. Now, when I try to log the character in, it says it has been flagged for a rename. I re-type the name I want, but it says that name is already taken. But... the character already has the name. I even show up on the Armory already under the new name. But it won't let me log in under that name, because the name is already taken... by that character? At any rate, I now can't log in the character at all unless I give it another new name, which I don't want to do. I just want it to log in under the name it already has, which isn't taken by any other character but that character itself. Not sure what went wrong or where, I've never had this glitch (?) occur after a transfer/rename.Gaard3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character update process So today i tried to log into a toon on blackrock that is currently questing in grizzly hills, when i tried to log in from the char select screen a message pops up saying "you cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete". I have no idea what this means and i had a look around the forums and i didn't find anyone with this issue. I have submitted a ticket in game but the wait time is saying 3 days, i don't really want to wait 3 days to play :( Any help is greatly appreciated!Groove6 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 unable to find/add player??? I'm trying to add my buddy to my guild, we're playing on the same server, playing the same side (Horde). And somehow, i can't find him, nor can he find me... We were both online at the same time... I tried to add him by character name, and by e-mail... and nothing... i get ''no player found by this name'' what gives?Mayly4 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Krosshair Flagged for name change? Can someone plz tell me why my toons name got flagged for name change? The name is not offensive!Clownpounder19 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character transfer looted gbank? This toon was gm of my guild which i of course gave gm to another toon for transfer but i would seem the transfer did somthing to my gbank alot of the stuff is gone like almost whole pages and not just stuff i had deposited on this toon but my alts aswell but there is no record of the withdraws in my guild log now i have alot of upset guildies thinking i took all of it in which i did not..fml..anyways,has this happened before is there a way to fix it ? please dont tell me im screwd >.<ßianca3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 It seems my Turksta character was deleted I didn't delete it my self and I have no been playing this game for a while? How can I retrieve my character which is in my avatar?Turksta2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 cant remove sha gem I recently screwed up. I finally got the dagger drop from LFR. I have been wanting forever. I research how to get a second sha touched gem. I bought and added it to my dagger. To find out I cant use the dagger now as I have a sha gem in my offhand. I put in a ticket right away. An after waiting 3 days for a responce. I get something about it could only be handled in 2 hours after the time I did it. I can not help it takes 3 days to get a ticket answered. Is this common? Some one help me figure this out. Or I guess I am just out the 10k for the gem, out the dagger I really want, an the 5k for the enchant. All I am asking is for someone to pull the gem out of the dagger so I can use it. I will keep the gem. For later use.Shrunkin11 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Bonus loot for random heroics? I am a healer on Argent Dawn and have noticed that since Tuesday, January 8, 2013, I have not seen the bonus loot icon show up for random heroics for ANY role. Tanks almost always were getting bonus loot and healers occasionally (especially in the early morning hours). Please check to see if this has been disabled.Adriana20 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Getting rid of obsolete starter accounts. I currently have an obselete starter wow account tied to my battle.net account and a PTR associated with it i would like to get rid of, any ways to do this? Both are labelled as WoW2 and WoW2 PTR on my B.Net account.Zergallyeah2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 RaF rewards issue. During the Xmas sale i decided to buy a new RaF account to earn the Obsidian nightwing mount, paying it once a month using timecards. I just added a timecard on it but i haven't got the free 1 month of gametime on my main (the account i used to refer my raf account). Also this account (my Raf account) is now restricted from posting on most forums ( on the same fashion an expired account would). What gives? Name of the accounts, both on the B.Net i'm currently posting from. <clip>Zergallyeah2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Purchased 4 accounts for multiboxing Purchased 4 accounts for multiboxing and they still have the starter edition status. What kind of customer service is this?? its been over 4 days and the status of those accounts have not been updated. <clipped>Fendí1 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Why was my account closed??? This must be some sort of mistake. I purchased 2 wow accounts in order to multibox for PVP purposes. This afternoon while questing, i got disconnected <clipped>Allarís2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Please Help Us! Our friend, Dexx (Thunderlord, realm) has passed on 12/20/2012 and today at 12:22 am her toon's started popping in and out of the guild today. This hacker took us off her friend list, which I wanted her to stay on, and is slowly taking all her toon's out of the guild. Is there a way to stop this from happening, I wanted to keep her toon's in the guild. I love Dexx like a member of my family, and don't want her toon's removed. Please stop this hacker before he does it! From the guild Master of Corrupt and it's member'sTacostuffing8 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 You guys kept me from canceling! Last night I tried to cancel my subscription that was a one month reoccuring and it said there was no subscription to cancel and the cancel option was greyed out. Now I just checked my bank account and I was charged and guess what, now it says I have a subsciption......So I canceled and you Blizzard owe me a refund!Pitcher4 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Friends account being hacked right now Hoping a blue will see this and be able to stop it. Already put in a ticket but a friend of mine and guildie recently passed away and as we speak her account is being hacked. One of the character names associated with this account is Dexx on thunderlord realm. Ticket submitted but says wait time is 1 day and 11 hours.Kityra6 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Does Blizzard actually ban ToU violations? Im probably the first person that says if it isnt hurting anyone then just let it go. That said after doing lfr last night i saw a toon named [Removed] on my realm i saw i like name [Removed]i ask the community in a family teen rated game do we really need toons named [Removed] running around. Bliz yes i reported it, no they havent been dealt with as this morning. I question how proactive you are about these kind of things. How long would [Removed] would last. I as i hope a great many other people am offended by any name referring to [Removed] or what not. Its wrong and in my opinion should be dealt with swiftly and decisively.Holybullman28 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 bought full MOP,still say im starter edition So I bought the full thing with every expansion for my WOW1 acc, but when i go to game it still ask me to upgrade, and My account is still in starter edition. Look at my avatar this is a pandaren, so I can create him but when i trade or talk in channel or whisper it still says I am in starter edition, unable to perform actions. I had tried to add subscription, hell i even bought the deluxe digital edition to see if it works. Please help. Ticket reply takes weeks, and never get through the the phone call.Senng27 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Where's my Core Hound pup? On this character i am Posting on is the one with the issue. I never recieved a Core hound pup through in game mail why not please help me!!!!!! Blue please! i have checked my bags my bank even my mail please help!!Coriely22 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Please perma-ban me Twigz6 Jan 12, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Replica Field Marshal Gear Account Wide! Trying to get more attention for this so that blizzard will change that what they said they would. First, i want to have the privilege to buy this gear account wide not just on the one that achieved it. Second, the original post never said it was character bound just FOS bound basically Third, Bashiok said that they would make it account wide when account wide achievements came out but of course blizzard didn't. Here is the post for Bashiok saying it would come out with account wide achievements - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657436812?page=17#325Supernove29 Mar 18, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Cant login. Says Prepay time expired Renewed my Account earlier. Hour later it said Active. Says active. Tells me my account expires in a month. Yet i cant sign in and my forum privledges are limited. Any idea's whats up?Ipsum3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Wrong Socket I was just wondering if Blizz is able to remove a wrongly socketed gem. It didnt happen ages ago, in fact it was less then an hour ago. I just accidentaly clicked the wrong spot. So my question is can Blizz do anything or am i out of luck and wasting time here?Hyperian12 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character transfer issues ok well i have a character lvl 60 druid worgen named revalence wyrmrest accord. i tried to transfer it and to another account that i was going to play on and it didnt work. I checked my end for character transfer and it said it had already happened. Thought on the other account it said there was some form of unknown error. plz helpRevalence4 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character Restoration Mail I recently had the misfortune or having my account hacked, though it got resolved and resolved super quickly, which was awesome. Here's the thing- I hear that all restored items will be sent back to each character through the in-game mail, but my account is currently unpaid and frozen. Will I really have to pay for a month just to log in to each character and loot the mailbox? I have no idea how the hacker did whatever he did while my account was frozen, but it happened. I was informed that these mail items last 90 days rather than the usual 30, but I'm not sure I would normally have chosen to play in these next 3 months. Thoughts?Volseri2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 I felt manipulated here when I'm doing heroic, I disconnect from the game,, when i try to log in again, in saying my account had been closed, and I get an email saying that one of my characters using cheat program "hack",, What's going on here, just a month ago my account hacked other people, and I lost all my stuff and gold, and now my account banned? come on, just two days ago I extend game time, and now I have to lose my account again, I felt manipulated here ..Eztok3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Seemed to have been hacked.. I logged on today and noticed i had mail from the AH, however I apparently bought a Tough Jerky for all my gold (26k) on this toon and about 20k on my warrior alt. I can guaruntee that this was not me buying this. I haven't been locked out of my account or anything, though, which I find weird. No items are missing, just all the gold. What do?Molmor8 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Guild Bank Restoring deny after a hack ? A mount was put into the guild bank under the GM tab we have (for high end officers and GM use) it was put there since the person needed bag space. Don't ask me why, I think it was stupid to do that but yeah. It was taken out one day ago by someone and the person told us he got hacked and the mount was taken out. He claims to have put in a report saying he was hacked and my GM put in a ticket as well to have the bank restored since it was a hacking and as normal things are when someone is hacked the bank is restored back to how it was....Here comes the issue Game Master said that they couldn't do anything since the person had access to the bank and took it...Ummm we had a hacker who hurt the guild bank before, everything was restored, pets, gems, enchant stuff etc.... So I have my guesses on why it was deny but I rather ask here to make sure it just wasn't a gm who just happened not understand which has happened to me before on other issues.Sunna5 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Starter edition, paid for digital upgrade. ?? Hi all, About an hour ago I upgraded my starter edition account subscription and paid up to Cataclysm. I am still seeing the Play Trial button when I login, and I'm unable to whisper or trade with players. I tried reinstalling from the Account tab, with no success, I'm still in starter mode. Someone told me it takes up to 72 hours for the upgrade to process entirely on my account. Is this true? I was really looking forward to playing with full features this weekend. Thanks for any help in advance.Loongcat9 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character rename? I just transferred a character to Kil Jaeden, I had reserved the name 'Tecknic'. I deleted the low level toon to apply the name to my transferred toon, the name took, but when I try to log into him I am told that I am flagged for renaming. Thank YouKihachi8 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 My friends needs some help. I got my work mate to start playing WoW about 3-4months ago. He has already been hacked, (phished) Launched a support ticket got his stuff back, solved. He goes on a holiday after 2months comes back, and finds his account has been banned, Account Closure Notification -- Exploitative Activity Found Like whats going on?Màtty3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Merging accounts Hello, my wife and I are looking to merge our accounts, but it's continuously telling us our account names are incorrect, even though they're not. Solutions? or any special things we need to do?Reveries18 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Main account closed? So while I was just leveling my monk I get disconnected and when I try to log back in I get the message of This account has been closed and is No longer available for use? No email or anything? Really confused what the <removed> just happened because I haven't done anything wrong...?Dotjpeg12 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 pet battle game problem I just have a quick question about a pet battle problem and what your guidelines are on this. I was wondering why when in a pet battle, I'm phased out sort of seeing as I can't interact with the outside and I have other players that keep on dragging out when in Pandaria and ganking me. I know I am on a pvp server, but this is ridiculous seeing as I can't see them and they can see me and kill me as soon as the battle ends. Why can they do this and why aren't I immune? is this just a bug? It's seriously affecting my play time or I wouldn't considering even bothering you guys. Thank you.Serotonina3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Warrior or DK Is it more fun to level a Warrior or DK? I hav a 82 Orc Frost Dk and an 80 Tauren Arms Warrior? Is it more fun to solo level and dungeon with a Warrior or Dk and what spec?Modorax4 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 13, 2013 Load Screens wth blizzard!! there are post on post within posts about posts of people getting stuck in load screens and i have yet to see a single blue response about the issue. doesnt matter what dungeon what area what portal i take i randomly get stuck on the load screen. im sick and tired of being kicked from dungeon/raid groups cuz the group didnt want to wait on my loadscreen to kick me out so i could reenter... and probably geet stuck again...nor should they, i wouldnt. Iv done every possible system repair on my pc (even though wow is the only program with an issue) and nothing has helped. im clearly not the only one. posts on posts within posts since MoP was released about load screen issues and blizzard has done nothing!?!!??! thats fine. there are other games to play. WoW IS NOT the greatest game ever made. its fun, and iv enjoyed it. but im not continueing to pay for a game that has a obvios issue and the company i give my money to does nothing about it...Brakog3 Jan 13, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Can't send mail. For some reason I cannot seem to send mail to one of my toons from another toon because it says it cannot find the mail recipient.Toastysham13 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Goodbye WOW! Im out. When I first started playing and paying for WOW I was under the impression that I would pay blizzard money and they would give me an experience worth paying for… 4 devoted and dedicated years later and $720 paid to Blizzard I can honestly say goodbye. My realm is dying if not already dead and blizzard has no intentions now or in the future to do anything about it, so that being said, if blizzard cannot provide me with the experience I pay money for then they don’t need my business. So ladies and gentz… Goodbye until Blizzard fixes the issue of my dead server. I would encourage everyone ells with my problem to do the same but ehh if you want to pay money for inadequacy then go right ahead.Eladimari1 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Harassment (screenshots) Ok, so on my 90 tank, I just got a group (heroic dungeon) with a player A who kept face-pulling more mobs after I had already pulled mobs myself and kept doing so throughout the instance. I politely asked him not to so he apologized and said that he thought he was queued up as a tank. I told him it was fine and kept going. He persisted with face-pulling rooms. So we wiped once. I, again, asked him politely not to pull more mobs when I had already pulled a number of mobs to me and to let me do the tanking. He replied: "This is what happens when I don't tank. I get stuck with retards like you (me)". We resurrected and his friend, player B, started a running commentary about me being female and started mockingly asking me for pictures of my body parts. After he makes those comments, he then goes on start pulling mobs himself. He dies and then blames the healer and starts going off on a tangent about how bad the healer is. Player A and player B are in the same guild and are friends. We managed to kick player B but continued on with player A in the group. I think player B then started to behave after we kicked his friend. Anyway, I would like to report them for griefing and harassment but would also like to include screenshots of the conversation that took place in party chat for the GMs to see. How do I go about doing this? And can I report player A for griefing by deliberately pulling rooms or is that overlooked by GMs? Thank you in advance.Eveyana36 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Code can not be redeemed "The following problems have occurred: The code you entered cannot be claimed. Please check the code and try again. If you see this error again, please try again later, as the game or website may be undergoing maintenance." I just scratched the TCG card and input the code, was looking forward to the Sabre Kitten....... Edit: Apparently this is an older card, must be redeemed at the Legacy Redemtion area for pre 2009 items.Jaffrey1 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Problem with conquest points I have been stuck at 250 conquest points even though my weekly cap says I am at 1800/2200. Any ideas?Kronne6 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Just a quick question I was going through some old boxes in my attic today, and i found my very very first wow cd's as well as TBC cd's with the cdkeys on the front of them. I was curious is there anyway if i call blizzard they would be able to track down my old account with just my Cd keys? I dont remember the old account name because it was before the battle.net merger thing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.Skillcoìl6 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Locked Out of Account Twice in Two Weeks... I have had a WoW account since two months after beta, so probably 7 years now. Never had any problems. When I log in to play WoW, it is always from the same machine. But when I log in to post in the forums, it might be from one of three machines: my home machine, my smartphone, and my work machine. Now it seems whenever I log in on my smartphone, to post something in the forums, I get locked out, have to wait until I get home, and go thru the process of unlocking it and picking a new password. Has there been some recent policy change that is causing this? Because while I understand the need for security, I don't want to have to get locked out every week and have to keep changing my password. Anyone else seeing this?Mistwidget6 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Processing issues. When i play WoW my laptop seems to go through phases where the game will run perfectly fine. And then with no warning the game has what looks to be a frame rate drop and I have no idea why my game is doing this. I look at the task manger, and the laptop isnt processing anything else as much as it is processing WoW. So I have no idea why this is happening and would greatly appreciate an explanation.Retyman3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Character locked Hello, I tried to xfer my guild tonight. As soon as I entered my card information I got a "contact billing" message. First I called my card and they said there was a block on it cause they just needed my verification that it was ok to charge the card. I ok'ed it and then went to retry my xfer but now my character is stuck at "locked". Phone lines and online chat are both closed for bliz. Anyone else experience this and have any tips?Airiannã2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Cinder Kitten: code already redeemed? I just purchased a Cinder Kitten through the Blizzard store and then went to redeem the code for it and the website said that my code had already been redeemed. None of my characters have the Cinder Kitten in the mail and it's not in my pet journal either. How is my fresh code already redeemed? Has anyone else experienced this?Krunkcanheal7 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Hacked and having trouble with gold. This morning i logged on and discovered that all my gold was gone on all of my characters, I submitted a ticket but they say that there is no evidence that my account was compromised, is there anything else i can do?Hnh24 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Stops on load screen, Char not found Tried multiple times to log onto this toon, stops at about 90% of the loading bar and stops, 5 min or so later, it says character not found and puts me back at character selection screen. My character is on the list so I select him again and again, to no avail. UPDATE: got into the game after several more attempts, decided to try just one more time and go to bed....leaving this here so issue can be looked into since my daughter had this same problem earlier on her computer and acct.Jaffrey1 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Issue with installing World of Warcraft I try to install it and when it goes to the launcher where I see it installs, It just keeps at 0.0% and the yellow bar does not move, I also got a new computer to. So please help.Cladroxx1 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Guild master removal Im just curious if anybody has had any experience with having leadership passed through a ticket sooner then the 90 days since it went automated. It seems for the most part after things go automated they became something that GM's could no longer handle. The guild leader for my main toon has been perm banned I was gm before him and my toons are in the first rank after gm as a co-gm rank. He is still in the appeals process so I plan to wait till he has exhausted appeals before ticketing just under the thought that during appeals I couldn't see them doing anything just incase he did get it reversed, but that my chances may increase once that just is no longer possible. Any encouraging words.... <toon name and guild edited out>Panh14 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Forced to change character name ? I have been forced to change my characters name when there are 74 others on other realms with the same name, how is that fair ? Not to mention this is a made up word. the email i received: Realm: Dreadmaul Character Name: A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. This decision was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole. When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable to discuss the outcomes of our investigations due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly, and the appropriate actions have been taken on all involved accounts.Vaginus4 Jan 12, 2013