Customer Support

May 22, 2013 Not recieving Nalak/Oondasta loot or roll Killed Nalak and Oondasta a couple times since the servers have come online. I have not recieved loot or a bag from either of them, and I was never prompted with the bonus roll icon even though I have the runes. A couple people on my friends list are mentioning the same issue. Sadly, tickets are broken, and we cant even let you know this is happening. Why are we not recieving our loot or bonus rolls correctly from these world bosses? Last week went just fine on all my characters. I appreciate this being looked into, and the eventual restoration of the loot and bonus roll opportunity that was not correctly awarded! DygnityDygnity1 May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013 Multiple Incarnations lost Before this most recent patch I had multiple incarnations of Deng, Vu, and Haquin. When I logged in today, I found that I only have 1 of each bag of incarnation. I hope this is merely a bug, and I can get back the ones I lost. I had no prior information that this would happen, and losing them, is weeks of work since one cannot attain more than 1 or 2 a week. I did this on multiple characters as well, but have not yet checked. As for not just opening a ticket. When I attempted several times, I received error after error and just chose to post instead. ThanksCafpow2 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Battle.net Balance questions 1) Can the "Diablo III Auction House" Cards sold at gamestop be used for WoW? I assume its just advertising and its actually just battle.net balance and isnt tied to D3. 2) Can I do split pay with Battle.net balance? I currently have like $2, if I buy a $20 card from gamestop, ill have $22. Race change is slighty more. Can I apply the $22 of bnet balance then pay the rest with my card? I have a ton of gamestop in store credit. Thats why im trying to use the gamestop cards rather than my credit card for those who point that out. Thanks!Romathiel4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Test of Valor quest So im stuck on this A Test of Valor legendary quest where it requires you to cap valor for 6 weeks (just changed to 3 with 5.3) and here's my problem. last week i was at about 3600/6000 valor points for both the quest and the achievement, but this week when it was changed to only 3000 required, i lost all progress on the quest and achievement. does this mean i have to do a full 3 more weeks of capping to move on even though i had the 3000 the night before the new patch went up? tried to submit a ticket but got an unknown error message 3 times in a row, so will try again later. just wanted to see if i could get confirmation that all previous progress on the quest was wiped with the patchCbonz4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Flagged for a name change after xfering I faction and server transfer this toon yesterday. Upon logging in today I was apparently flagged for a name change. Doing some research I've read some people who transferred have had this issue. How can I get my old name (sorensu) back? If I have to go through the new ingame customer support, I would be grateful for specific instructions (I tried using it to no avail). Edit: Wording.Sorensu3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Zen Alchemist Stone The Alchemist Stone is always a great upgrade when it is released, but very quickly becomes superseded by better trinkets. Thereby losing the potion benefit. Can the potion benefit be applied if you have the stone in your bag? or better, can this stone be upgraded to match current trinkets? Id be ok with a 502 trinket but the current one is too old..Bigsofty5 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Updating Addons? hi i am kinda new to WoW and i was wondering how do i update my addons if it says they are up to date on the client i got them from? if this is a stupid question then meh..but do i have to wait till they release an update? cause i reinstalled them thinking it would help? what do i do cause i rely heavily on some of my addons please help..tyTrashrash5 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 A Quick Thank You I am hoping someone can relay this to the appropriate people. For many many months my store bought pets and mounts have been bugged. I'd log in check my lists and though they were there they were greyed out and unable to be summoned. I had sent tickets back and forth and there was no resolution. I can't tell you how frustrated I started to become when there was a particular pet that I wanted to use but was unable to and it basically laughed at me as it sat there greyed out. Today when I logged in the first thing I did was check the pets and mount tabs and lo and behold they are there and able to be summoned! Oh Happy Day! I wanted to say Thank You to those who spent time to work on this bug. I am sure other people like me will be happy to see that thier pets are fixed and able to be used again.Narina0 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Launcher/Updater Closes and Reopens? When I launch the WoW App, the launcher/updater opens and checks that the client is up to date (which it is after the 5.3 update downloaded). When the "Up to Date" is shown and the "Play" button becomes active, I click the "Play" button. The launcher/updater closes, and then relaunches itself instead of launching the game client. Anyone else having this issue?Nezmith3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Shared server with d3 Hey just wondering why people who pay a monthly sub have to share a server with d3? monthly subs for a decade it should have its own, JS ;-)Zularek7 May 21, 2013
Aug 13, 2013 AVG Detected Trojan while updating to 5.3 My AVG (anti-virus) came up with a Trojan horse virus while updating to patch 5.3 through the launcher. Threat: Trojan horse Generic32.CDWJ Object name: c:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\MovieProxy.exe anyone else get this?Enni27 Aug 13, 2013
May 21, 2013 Its 3 o'clock already whatcha waitin for! Its 3 o'clock already whatcha waitin for, turn the servers back on preeeease!!1!1!Teabäg22 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 All Lower Dungeons At 90 Pleeeease can we get this. Level 90 versions of every dungeon and raid including old raids. You can have a tast...smell of my mcdonalds apple pie if you do this bliz.Exhunterjack5 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Green text Is the green text a feature on the forums or something we buy?Nightstep20 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Returning Addict So, I recently (less than 60 days) returned to WoW after a 4+ year hiatus. Not knowing any better, i didn't do research on Realms, and just went back to my original Realm, Thunderhorn. What a mistake. Thunderhorn is nothing like it was when i started playing, AH is insane, goldminers have destroyed the economy, players are leaving.... Is it too late to transfer to another Realm (at no cost)? If can't see staying on a dying Realm, and i can't justify paying yet MORE money (after buying Cat and MoP). R/S MiladurMiladur5 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Thinking of which Race I should go.... Ok so like I am moving Rave over to horde side on WrA...and I can not decide what race to go...since im going from alliance to horde. I'm a hunter. Im thinking Troll or BE.... Though I don't think BE's even have aim....im not even playing I have a BE mage and I swear she misses more then I have ever seen before... So what do you think?Ravé8 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Please, do SOMETHING about these guys. Lately I have been dungeoning on my alts, trying to get them through instances and you see them everywhere. Them being people who will go afk and/or on follow and just farm EXP by contributing absolutely nothing to the group. They exploit the system that allows kicked players some grace that prevents them from getting kicked from an instance in 15m or from the start of an instance. They KNOW they're doing it and they completely disregard anyone else in the instance. One case included a tank in a heroic that just stood there at the start of the instance and announced that we can kick him if we wanted to, he wasn't moving, so he could get a full timer on not getting kicked again--so he can screw over some other group. Others are more obnoxious about it. They're there just enough to make a complete jerk of themselves. To make comments such as "I got a level for doing nothing" or "go ahead report me". Said comments are met with dismay, but I do as I should and report them for cheating--for exploitation. This remains to be an issue whatever level I'm at. Please, PLEASE, do something about this--for the sake of the dungeon crawlers that are getting taken advantage of. One said instance: [Removed] --------------------------------------------- Please take care not to call out players on the forums as doing so may be construed as a form of harassment. As ever, if there is anything that a player does in the game that needs our attention to be brought to, please make an in-game ticket as soon as possible so that we can investigate what's going on. Thank you!Spectrumize29 May 21, 2013
Jun 1, 2013 Updating Blizzard Launcher.... so i opened my wow up to download the new patch, and i have been getting stuck on the little pop up window that says "updating blizzard launcher". its stuck about 3/4s of the way through. i have tried reopening it, restarting my computer and making sure my firewall isn't blocking WoW. anyone have any advice or any info would be appreciatedPryen5 Jun 1, 2013
May 21, 2013 Deleting threads Don't keep deleting threads by people whining about the time you take for patches. It's censorship and will drive even more people away from WoW. Thank you ...Bullyboy1 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 There used to be.... There used to be a link to the all the realms and there status.....For the life of me when they upgraded the website(Forever ago I know) I can not find it is it still around or is that like not a thing anymoreMelianiana9 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 5/21/2013 Ok, it's 11am PDT, lets turn the servers on now, eh?Fistymcgee20 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Have I been hacked?!? Whenever I launch the wow client and log in I only get an option to select a "Development" server, not the actual server list.... Have I been hacked and all of my servers deleted?Dieneces11 May 21, 2013
May 22, 2013 AVG Threat Detection - MovieProxy.exe After the patch download today AVG popped up with the following threat detection message: Threat: Trojan horse Generic32.CDWJ Object name: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\MovieProxy.exe Severity: High State: Infected Identified By: Resident Shield Date: 5/21/2013 11:29:09 AM AVG Version 2013.0.3343 Virus Db Version: 3162/6344 (Tuesday May 21, 2013 5:12 AM)Ashfel4 May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013 realms not up yet? I thought it was supposed to be ready at 2pm, no?Weïner47 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 What is with Generic32.CDWJ Trojan Horse??? my AVG just apparantly picked up a trojan from the update. Explain Blizzard? Error on my anti-virus or what?Rots13 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Wow Armory Droid App Whenever I log into my droid armory app, i receive an email stating due to suspicious activity, I have to change my password.... Frustrating to say the least.. Any suggestions?Therachet4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 maintenance lasting longer than usual Why is the realm maintenance lasting for hours after scheduled?Dreamspace103 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Blizzard You have so many problems as is and then you add to the problems by not even being able to put the realms up on time This is truly patheticEatmybark3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Store Items Ideas I personally would love to buy a Horde WSG flag, like the one you run with, to place in the flag holder attached to the side of my house. Can you make this happen? About 2 feet wide by 3 feet long, and on a pole about 3 to 4 feet long. I wanna show my pride for my team, just like anyone who loves an NFL team.Madtoro3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Computer. Recently purchase a new PC (cheaply through a friend) Reformatted entire PC and just have world of warcraft and league of legends on it however when i get into isle of conquest or 25 mans, it gets incredibly choppy i have updated graphics drivers and everything and i'm completely at a loss as to why i have to have the settings on low Specs are : Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Ram : 6gb Graphics : Radeon hd 6770 (1gb) Basically my question is with those specs should I expect it to run wow on medium to high with ease? or would it be normal to be choppy as hell in 25 mans. Cheers,Istabyew6 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Realm screen is blank I have tried to log on multiple times along with flushing my DNS cache, but no realms are appearing for me to select.Kaleesi4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 UGHHH WHY SERVERS why cant u be up :(Jabwaztraz0 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Pressing play reloads the launcher So I open my launcher, says game is up to date. Press play, launcher disappears then pops up again without opening the game. Is this because they are still working on patching or would something be wrong with my launcher?Súrreal3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Server Time instead of PDT based maintenance I dont know if there are posts about this, couldnt find any. Sorry if its a duplicate post in first place. Well, I've chosen my server based on its server time, which is close to my local time. Just wondering if the scheduled maintenance couldnt be based on the server time instead of PDT, since where I live it goes from about 7 am to 3 pm and thats about the exactly time span in which i have free time to play xD. In other words, if the maintenance takes the full 8 hours I cant play that day. I know it may be a reason, prolly about $$ to shut down all the servers at once, but I believe the 3am to 11am PDT was chosen because its the time when less players would be affected... but well.. we got timezones... why are the server times different if theres no impact on such an important issue? I know we agree to a lot of things in the terms of service (including the downtimes), but thats just an idea to make the service better to everyone, cuz that way if u play in 2 different servers of different server times u dont even need to stop playing if u dont want to. Dunno, just wondering... What do u guys think? Would something like that be possible? PS: Sorry about my english.Naewulf34 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Balancing wintergrasp/tol barad Do you guys have any plans to fix this garbage? It's kinda ridiculous when horde outnumber you at least 5:1.Amwahs6 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Trojan Movieproxy.exe from the 5.3 patch this morning was reported by AVG as Trojan Horse Generic32.CDWJ on all of our computers (2 desktops and 2 laptops).Naturelegacy19 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Battle.net Email in Chinese? I received an email last night from noreply@battle.net. It was in Chinese, so that confused me. I've read a few other threads that say it was a phishing scam, but how were they able to send the email from battle.net? That's the only thing that's confusing me. I use Google Chrome, so I have a built-in translator, and when i translated it to English, it basically said that I was supposed to click a verification link: (kr.battle.net/account/email/confirm.blahblahblah), in order to change my battle.net email account. Thanks for any and all help.Jawesh6 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Elixir of Ancient Knowledge I feel that Elixir of Ancient Knowledge are already a rare of a rare and are hard enough to get especially on High population realms. Why not make these elixirs (Persist Through Death). It only lasts an hour anyway, and whats it to say you use it, and then 5 mins down the road you get killed and thats 55 mins lost. I think making the elixir PTD would make a good change for leveling characters. Thanks.Zalrun1 May 21, 2013
Jun 10, 2013 can't download patch 5.3 I press on the launcher and it just keeps say looking for updates and nothing happens. Then i try to open without the launcher and it saids "data/enus/wow-update-enus-16844.mpq-cannot stream required archive data. please check your internet connection(my internet is fine). Then i press OK and it goes to an error error#132 (0x85100084) fatal exception! processid: 5356 exception 0x0000005 (access_violation) at 0023:011a881c the instruction at "0x011a881c' referenced memory at "0x000000fd" the memory could not be read.Zetro29 Jun 10, 2013
May 21, 2013 Help, I was charged three times! I was trying to buy the Heart of the Aspects mount today but it didn't go through the first time. I assumed I entered my information incorrectly so I tried again, and then one more time. I checked my account balance of the card I used and I was charged three times! I only wanted one. Is there anyway I can get a refund for the two extra mounts? All three charges are still pending as I speak.Lefchild7 May 21, 2013
Oct 8, 2014 pvp cheaters We have been playing (my husband and I) wow for years now, and love pvping. As of late, it has become a crappy experience. We have been running into many players using cheats. For example: undergeared warriors who can three hit both of our well geared 90s, people who use a haste or speed hack, allowing them to move on foot faster than we can mounted, and hit five times faster than normal. Tonight we observed a guy that would go from 425k to 525k life in a blink, depending on how close to death he was. We have observed human toons using abilities night elves can use, but not humans. Guys who crit hit every shot, mages who can cast five or more spells at one time, giving them a massive dps hit in one shot. Toons who cannot be cc-ed, others that can trinket multiple times a minute, or guys whose abilities have cooldowns, but suddenly they can use them over and over again with no cooldown, been even running into a weird one that puts all abilities on our toolbar onto a slow cooldown, making us helpless to respond. We report these guys all the time, and nothing seems to be done about them. We have even given the web addresses to the sites you can get this stuff downloaded from, and nothing is done. Are you guys at Blizzard doing anything about this? Getting tired of having to play twenty arenas just to win enough for the 1800 conquest cap for twos.Jlynnpvp40 Oct 8, 2014
May 21, 2013 WTG Blizzard downloader Lulz at the two trojans trying to attach to Dloader as i manually accepted patch past Windows firewall.Fromevil2 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Mobile Auction House and Account locking Hi, How come everytime i go to use the mobile auction house on my phone i login and then it immediatly locks my account. Whats the point in having this feature? does it not know that i am accessing my account from the mobile network? I have tryed numerous times to get the account authenticator but it doses not want to work on my account.Hunnahoy4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Trojan horse detected in WoW files? Hello everyone, earlier today I logged onto my computer to see that AVG had gone off. Turns out it detected a "Trojan horse Generic32.CDWJ" located in "c:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\MovieProxy.exe" Am I the only one getting this? I removed it immediately, but I haven't logged onto WoW yet to see if it has effected anything. Just want to let everyone know. Happy trails!Geeves9 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 World of Warcraft Launcher.exe 0kb? Hey Blizz CS and MVP's and fellow gamers. My launcher is at 0kb, and every single time I have to use the client downloader you get from the site, and run the launcher that way. I'm a bit confused as to why I need to do this every single patch day, is there a fix to it? It updates after I run a repair (Which is probably good for the game anyhow) with no problem, but it's just strange.Marryse2 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Level 60 Replica Gear unusable in Area 52. When I was on my hunter, turning in a few quests then heading out to Howling Fjord, he came across some old replica gear vendors. I asked his guild about it, and one of my friends thought you needed Area 52 rep to get them. But the problem was, there was none existant Area 52 rep. So I sent in a ticket about the Replica Gear, the GM said "try looking on the fourms." So I looked (for 2 minutes) and found out you needed the old arena titles (Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) which (not that I know of) don't exist. So what's the point of even having the NPCs in there if you can't even buy the Replica Gear? Maybe just to look at? But it used to be a PvP vendor, even though there is one in the shop. Idk about it though, just seems pretty much pointless to me.Tinytanks7 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Trouble WIth Screen res 5760x1080 Im having issues where my side monitors are showing things bigger or maybe zoomed in. Its kinda throwing me off while Im watching for mob and other things like Fire. Yea I know Don't use eyefinity but hell with that Im able moving so many thing around and keep next to nothing on main screen . It really does allow you to enjoy the artwork of the game without Buttons and chat screens ect all around. Yes I use my own custom UI so don't say "you can make a UI next to Nothing blah blah blah. Is there a fix for the zoomed Side screens is all I want to know ? PC specs AMD FX 6350 ASUS 990 fx Sabertooth ATI 6950 2gb Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr3 1600 Intel 520 120gb SSD WD 2 tb HD WD 500g HDDinkks1 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 WoW keeps downloading enGB :S I play in Australia and I use the US servers. One day when I was trying out some pre-built UI's I downloaded the interface and WTF folders suggested and this is when it started to download the enGB file. I later realized the UI I downloaded to try was from an EU server so I believe it changed how my WoW acts. Even after totally removing the interface and WTF folders I downloaded and replaced them with my original ones it STILL won't play without the enGB folder (which none of my friends need). Everytime I load WoW it tries to download a folder (the enGB one) then when it see's I already have it, it then changes to "Game is up to date" and let's me play. Anyone know what file configuration I need to change so I can delete enGB without my WoW wanting me to download it again.Valenfor11 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 race change/faction change It seems they share the same "cooldown" of 3 days, race changing and faction changing. and correct me if I'm wrong, but there is noting stating that they do, so I would assume if you did one, you could still do the other a day later. I recently race changed, a day or so ago and I decided a faction change would better suit what I am looking for, but since I race changed, I'm not able to, but I wont be able to do it at a time other then today. Is it possible to clear my character from the "cooldown" making it possible that I can change my faction today, or is that a no go? Thank you (and the character in question is this one, i'm posting on) and yeah, I know the race change was a waste of money lol, but sometimes you have to learn the hard wayXadey10 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 i cant log in my account in another computer please help, i cant log in now my account in other computer and this computer, i cant use my prepaid to load my account, now it always said incorrect username and password, i cant even reset my password, even secret answer is incorrect it said contact support, btw im using this new starter account just to post here, please help asap i cant play...Faythal4 May 21, 2013