Customer Support

Dec 18, 2012 Flight path issues There is a thread on the general forum and I have talked with some guildies on mult different servers.. Apparently there is an issue with Flight paths I have had it happen a couple of times Like today I was flying from IF to Nethergarde ... i landed in Nethergard only to have a loading screen pop up and I find I am back in marshwatch. had the same thing happen in Outlands on another server ona flight from Shatt to Tempest keep flight path, end up in the town instaed Not sure what the issue is tied to .. I did file a bug report. but thought I would post here as well. hope this can be fixed most annoyingÏrresistible1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 One of my friends getting hacked!? I think one of my friends is getting hacked, its 4am here and all his toons is coming online and hes not responding. My real ID updates me and It will sign into one toon then after about 10 seconds log off and sign into another toon. Its went through 22+ and the last toon signed on was "blizzardi" which sounds like one of them spamming gold dudes. What do I do? I dont have no way getting a hold of him either.Meganfòx1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Could someone help me with my game time Hello, I have been having trouble with my job and such and it really sucks. All my game time is GONE now and I don't have the time or money to buy more. My girlfriend just broke up with me and WoW is my only way to just calm down. Everyone knows that killing goblins and gnolls is fun... is there any possible person who could give me some game time, that would be the nicest thing in the world right now. Thank you if someone does it just if there is anyway to send me a message outside of game, or just email me here- **** That is my back up email. (I work at legoland) Thank you!Wølfs13 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Depleted-Kyparium Rocket Misrepresentation moved to general discussion because I'm bad at forumsSachiel1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Disable battletag friend addings I cannot be displeased more when experiencing lags during battles whenever there's a "battletag" friend requested, and it just auto added as friend, I cannot find any options about" disable battletag" or" refuse to be added" in the "interface-battle.net"section, it just auto-accept any "friend request"(people I don't even know. Please help me! Thank you!Florencia6 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Need my Authenticator Removed I had the sprint store do a factory reset on my phone not even thinking about the fact that my mobile authenticator was on my phone. Now I need to log in to get to my raid and I cannot Authenticate because the app has a different serial number on the new download. I placed a ticket but would like to make my raid can you give me an estimate on how long it takes to get something like this resolved?Bonzo5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 UI-Graphics Issue. No Problem till MoP? I have been a long time player of WoW took a short break and now as of a couple days ago upgraded to Mop and started playing...My Comp is not out of date and neither are its Drivers. I am having and issue with some of the elements of the game being blacked out, Glyph pics not showing up and so on....If i zoom in The black goes away and i see everything but If i start to zoom out Weapons Armor and Other elements turn to black...I saw a few posts but no real answers so I thought id start a thread...I did try a Hard UI reset deleting my WTF and Cache folders with out WoW running no luck...even played with no addons the problem remains...I dont feel reinstalling will help.. Looking for a blue post or some help from someone else who has had this problem Thanks AlotFlockaa4 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Subscription problem yet again I believe I am not the only one facing this ridiculous problem that is unfixed as of yet. My credit cards that I used, are from the supported North American region listed in Blizzard's accepted zones. Main Problem: Postal Code issue as usual, look below; Checklist: - My credit cards fall within the accepted North American region that Blizzard listed - I have deleted all cookies, cache, saved history, etc. - I have used different browsers; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox - Abbreviations, capitalization, etc. has matched EVERYTHING(including names, billing address etc.) according to payment options section - I have troubleshooted @ https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/credit-card-payment-assistance and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147177758 but there is not much assistance provided there to fix this problem - Never have I faced a problem so ANNOYING like this in the past, even if I mispelt some words/numbers, the payment still go through - I have tried some 'tips' given by fellow credit card subscribers to attempt to bypass the error of the subscription page, i.e. leaving a space before entering your postal code, changing your postal code to '00000' in the payment billing options and filling in '00000' on the subscription page, changing the postal code to the last 4 digits of the used credit card number, NONE worked successfully - I have used 4 different credit cards(Visa,Master Card, AMEX) with 100% accurate information in the billing payment methods and subscription page but to no avail After doing everything above, and trying 4 different credit cards, I still receive this: " An error has occured. Please contact customer support. " " Your billing address was entered incorrectly. " " Your credit card information could not be validated. Please check your information and try again, or contact Customer Support if this problem persists." This is the basic and MOST CONVENIENT way to make payment, via credit card. I am not sure why this issue has not been resolved yet and is still allowed to exist to frustrate fellow gamers, and I do hope a blue post will be able to address this and rectify this ONGOING UNFIXED problem. Please, it is NOT only me and some others but more like thousands of credit card subscribers facing this similar frustrating problem. Do we really have to find alternative ways to make payments JUST to play this game? I am pretty glad I'm taking a break from high-end raiding at the moment, otherwise this problem will frustrate me to no end, and I cannot even call the customer support at this time and I have to wait roughly 11 hours. P.S. Not sure how much USD $1 have been deducted from my credit cards, probably enough to pay for 1/2 year of subscrtions fee worth.Artofshadow18 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Brother locked out of his WoW account! Hey there, My little brother quit WoW a few months ago, and he's choosing to come back now. However, he did not remember his account password and after a few attempts, the account got locked. However, when we open the emails to reset the password, it states that an error has occured and asks us to go through the process of applying for a new password all over again. Please help we were trying to start playing tonight, If it helps, the account is (edited out)Razormaw6 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 I need a GM PLEASE I NEED A GM TO WHISPER ME INGAME NOW PLEASE ITS IMPORTANT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Drahmin19 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 RAF not working =( Hello, I wanted to do RAF with myself and I sent out the email and did everything quite a while ago, then it never worked so I just forgot about it. Then just yesterday/today I decided to try to RAF with myself again, did it all and upgraded for $5...and it still didn't work. I may have upgraded the wrong WoW 1-3. Anyway we can figure this out please? =) Thanks ZhandZhand0 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Timecards The stores in this area say they soon won't be selling them anymore. Are they being discontinued?Velikiy2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Conducting a psychology survey on the forums? Greetings, Blizzard Customer Support! I am a psychology major at Reed College and a former World of Warcraft player, and I am in the process of conducting a survey about what motivates people to play MMORPGs as part of my senior thesis. I was hoping that I could post a link to the survey on these forums, and I figured that it would be best to ask a Blizzard representative first. Sorry if the customer support forum is the wrong place for this post, I couldn't find a way to contact Blizzard about it directly, so it seemed like the best option. About the survey: - Built with online tools provided by SurveyGizmo (I'd provide a link to their website, but it might contradict the ban on advertising in the Code of Conduct). - Participants must be current World of Warcraft players 18 years of age or older. - It should take participants 15-20 minutes to complete. - All data in my report on the results of this survey will be averaged across participants, and will not include individual data or personal information. - All data collected is confidential. - Participation will be rewarded with a chance to enter into a drawing for a $50 Amazon.com gift card. In order to deliver the gift card to the winner, participants in the drawing will need to provide me with a valid email address. This is completely optional, and participants who wish to remain anonymous may refrain from providing an email address. For those that do choose to provide an email address, it will be stored separately from their answers to the survey questions, and will be purged from my records upon delivery of the gift card to the winner of the raffle. What I would like to do: (Please let me know if any of these things are against the forum rules / not okay with Blizzard staff) - Post in the General Discussions forum (or another acceptable forum) a brief description and a link to the survey. - Periodically "bump" this post to ensure it remains visible to potential participants (it would be fantastic if I could get a sticky, but I know that's probably too much to ask). - Solicit participants in-game by posting to general chat channels, providing a brief description and a link to the forum post, which would provide more information and a link to the actual survey. I will not take any of the actions above unless I am specifically told that it is okay to do so by a Blizzard representative. Please let me know which, if any, of these actions are permissible. Thank you for taking the time to look this request over.Waruun3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Help Deleting Character I would like to delete this character. Problem is, I have mail from the dev team, and there are no mailboxes in the starting zone, and I can't get off the island til level 10, and I don't want to have to level up to 10 just to be able to collect the mail and delete the toon. Is there anyway we can have the mail deleted, so I can just delete the toon?Kimaki2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 if i xfer will.. the haunted memento stay in my bank and or inventory?Farace1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Recruit a Friend rewards So I started RAF with two people. We're in our 2nd month of the RAF, so the 30 day free period is over. Person A has paid for 1 month of time, and I got the free month from them just fine. Person B however did the 3 month sub, but I don't have the free month from them or the mount. So I am confused. Shouldn't I have both the free month and the mount from person B since they paid for 3 months of time? Do I need to wait until the 3 months of time is over before those things are granted to me? I've looked around and I can't seem to find an answer. I know paying with the 60 day time cards give you both rewards instantly, so shouldn't this do the same?Ixtyl12 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Character transferred... but isn't there? I transferred a character from one account to another. It sat queued for 10+ hours (not sure when it was marked "complete." Anyways, now it's "complete," but now my character is completely missing. It's not on the old server, it's not on the new server, and it's not on any of my other accounts. What happened?Krupa3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 MoP digital Purchase Hey i was wondering if i can just buy the MoP expansion from the blizzard store straight away without all the other expansions or do you need the others expansions - Cata - WoTLK - BC to buy MoP???Grelbrez5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Just a quick suggestion I don't think there is an exact location to post this on the forums. But have you been in a situation where a player will not stop following you, or getting in your face? I honestly think it would be an amazing idea for the ignore function to also make the ignored player invisible to the player that ignored that player, and the player that has been ignored.Shaidan2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 RAF email wont work wont send to my RAF'S email and ive tried resending why wont it work?Green1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Major Trouble transferring a character. Whenever I try and transfer, the payment fails, but my character locks up and is unplayable, and I get a confirmation email. I cannot add this card as a permenant payment option because this is a gift from a friend. I don't understand exactly why it is doing this, and my friend is frankly getting angry of the 1 dollar transaction fees that are almost adding up to the price of the transfer itself. I don't want to get angry, but there is absolutely no reason why the card should be refused, but it is. We keep trying all the solutions we've received from support. None of which has worked and cost him another dollar. I would like a solution that works. PLEASE.Drekai7 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Issue with RaidLockOut Blue Asap help plz!!! Bloodsaint4 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 I feel worse than I started with. No longer matters...Faithinchaos15 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 cant sing son up for wow i was trying to send my son a recruit a friend link,when he clicks it he get taken to battle.net page wit this on it we are sorry, but you are not eligible to register. Please see our privacy policy for more information.Mcflappnutz2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 battlenet friend log-in causing lag So after searched on google, asked friends in game with no constructive response, I'd like to know if anyone here can help me with this friend log-in/out resulting me lagging 3-5 seconds in-game issue. Btw, my thread about <cut the "too many CCs" crap>got deleted yesterday with no explanations, I guess as a customer we don't receive such a service as if our thread got deleted, or do we? I would appreciate if any constructive feedback on this too. Thank you very much!Florencia5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 So Blizzard what's happening tomorrow? It's now 8:34 PM EST and their is still NOTHING posted in the service status forums...are we having rolling restarts? 8 hours downtime? 10? 12? Any of the above? At least keep your player base informed. Extra or scheduled maintenance is forgivable lack of provided information isn't.Reanimate7 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Paying via Visa Debit for US subscription. Hi, I'm from the UK and I'm trying to setup a monthly subscription; my country of residence is set to United Kingdom and the respective details are entered. When I try to enter my Visa Debit card details it places a red ring around the postal code. Any advice would be appreciated. Kind regards, Adam.Bloombox6 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 Rogue Coming Unstealthed ???!? My Rogue is Coming unstealthed For no reason Frequently ?? What is wrong here ????Ssolutionss5 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Intended or exploit? Guards attacking. Yes, pvp on a pvp server. I was under the impression guards only attack players when you engage in pvp and attack back. However this is not the case. I am well aware of all the hype surrounding pvp at Halfhill and players using the phase at their own farm to avoid fighting, however what has been happening on Blackrock for days now is this kind of pvp - with a difference. Apparently priests are able to cast cascade on to guards and it aggros them on to players that have been hit by another aoe/player's aoe . Even though that player has not engaged in pvp/hit or cast anything at all. Infact, you can remain mounted the entire time, and still all of a sudden be swamped by guards, the majority of time, they will dismount you.. so trying to run to your farm to phase out from it is not an option most of the time). Is this intended? Guards attacking even though you don't? I'm not sure if other players have abilities/spells that produce the same result with the guards attacking. While you might say there should be a pvp resolution to a pvp situation - this particular player that is camping blackrock halfhill has been killed a few times before they were able to take a step backwards and phase out - but they return and do it over.Bratzy2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Account Hacked and Handled Blizzard did a very good job at handling my account being hacked. I felt as though I was bothering them a bit much about it all, but they handled it very professionally. Thank you for the great service.Mehpanda3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Thread Delete? How would I go about getting one of my threads deleted?Emara2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Removing old WoW licenses from my account. Hello I would like some old WoW licenses removed from my account, WoW6/7/8/9/10/11/12 please I need room for another RAF, thanks.Amaerilde5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Cannot Claim 10 Days game time? Hello, I recently got an email saying: Return to Azeroth and try out Mists of Pandaria™ with 10 days of FREE game time for your account, WoW1. Simply click the button below to get started: ^ is just a portion. However when i try to claim the time on my WoW1 account, it comes up with this error: This World of Warcraft license is not eligible for this promotion. Could I get this looked at please? Thought I'd come back and see how things were with the time and see if its worth subbing again :) Thanks :)Avrus10 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Forum abuse and bullying I don't know where to go with this, and I'm frustrated and heck trying to get ANYONE to listen to me. I've phoned Blizzard and talked to reps there multiple times, I've written emails and tickets, and I get nothing in return. In the Warrior forums, there is an individual who blanket reports in the @day threads. (@Monday, @Tuesday, @Wednesday etc). They are harmless threads containing discussions on class mechanics, boss strategies, and various other things. I've posted in these threads for over 5 years, and I've never seen any issues or conflict within them. However, over the last year, someone has taken it upon themselves to blanket report everything that people post in there. This often results in the threads being deleted and posters receiving bans. For example: ... This has been reported. Why? This happens every single day. Then someone will comment and say, "Why was that reported?" and their post will in turn be reported. We all try to ignore it, but after many of us have received multiple forums bans because of this aggressive bullying tactic, it's becoming stressful and is slowly killing a once thriving and highly supportive community within the Warrior forums. At it's peak, about 9 of us were banned in one week. All of us wrote emails and phoned in to Blizzard to try and talk to someone about this abuse and bullying behaviour, and we received nothing for our efforts. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!! Why can the thread mods not see that this person is trolling and bullying a large community, and there's NOTHING we can do. If we so much as sneeze in that thread, we are reported. I have lost many close friends over this year because they were permanently banned after having all their posts blanket reported. How is this fair?? We do not have the luxury of reporting this anonymous person. Someone needs to look into this. Someone needs to grow a brain and realize that this person is severely abusing a forum feature for their own entertainment and is killing a community and wasting Blizzard resources. They need to be held accountable for their actions. I don't see why a persons name cannot be attached to the post when they report it. If someone saying something such as, "Let's try it again" offends you on such a deeply moral level that you need to go through the actions of reporting them, then you should stand by having your name on display as the reporter. Obviously though, this would put an end to this senseless trolling, so it will never happen. Please. Someone tell me what more we can do?Taluka32 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Security breach? I had to post on my friends account because mine is banned from forums for 2 more days. I got a phone call from my "Local Blizzard Chapter". They knew I JUST opened a new RaF account, my name, obviously my phone number and where I lived. Is there something going on that we should be aware of? Or should I go into my account change my email address and personal info because that is kind of weird. I am a cop so I am going to be looking up there number and stopping by.Viska12 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Lil' K.T. battle I'm confused, yesterday while I was playing (& an occasional pet battle) everything was good. Today when I've tried to capture a pet for a battle I'm being told the Lil' K.T. can't battle. I'm about 1/2 way to level 11 with this pet, so I don't think it's reached it's top level yet. So what is preventing any battles today?Tiforce3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Multi-Boxing is Unfair I ran into one guy who was controlling 5 hunters at once in a bg. I reported him only to be informed by a gm that it is legal to do this. How the living hell does it create a fair playing field when he has all 5 of them syncronized to hit you at once pretty much one shotting you. The gm said he could use marcos to syncronized all his characters actions together. So let me get this straight. It is illegal and unfair for people to use programs to farm materials consistently but this guy can use programs to farm people in bg's? How does blizzard justify that this is not cheating and unfair? If he could sit there and have to use his keyboard and mouse for all 5 characters seperatly I could understand, but to syncronize them so he can press just a couple keys to control them all at once? I am so pissed at how this is considered fair to others. It really seems that you guys don't care. I run into these guys in bg's often and its a slap in the real players faces every time. I am even more upset when a gm just pretty much thinks its a joke by telling me its totaly acceptable and not against the rules. YOU MAKE THE RULES AND CAN CHANGE THEM. The excuse that other games are ok with it is bull too. Who cares what other games have let people do, their not wow. All I want is a fair playing field and this does not create any such type. I rarly complain but I just feel insulted by the fact that this is just a laughing joke to your gms. The gm wants a suggestion, here is a suggestion. Any type of program that allows them to syncronize mutliple characters is illegal due to creating an unfair advantage. Sadly, after reading over the forums I doubt anything good will come other then more wasted time considering how long people have been complaining about this only to get !@#$ for results. I already feel that the story line in mop is so horrific iv almost completely lost interest in it and now I cannot even enjoy bgs anymore. :(Faithinchaos5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Cancelled subs Cancelled two of my subs today because of two bad experiences with Customer Service in the last month. The latest bad experience was that they refused to restore lost Heirloom pieces. They seem to believe that they were lost in the mail but at the same time argue they can't restore them because they have no record of them because mail is regularly purged. This is circular thinking in that if they KNOW they've been purged from the mail, they have to have some way of knowing they existed. Altoholic shows one of my characters as having the 3 items equipped (though they aren't currently equipped or I wouldn't be asking for them to be restored). Someone suggested I take screenshots but I figure, why bother? I have every piece of Heirloom gear there is and only asked these three to be restored. I don't like Blizz's CS implying that I am lying to them; it's very insulting. The only way I can make my displeasure known is to cancel my accounts. I will cancel the third shortly. My experience tells me that CS is worse on the weekends. It should be consistent. It's on the weekends that I've had problems with them. I won't read any replies to this post.Logannan16 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 How do you cancel the Mist of Pandaria Trial? I need to know.Nathanharvey7 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Blizzard Store Checkout Im tryin to buy some game time. Once i go to the Blizzard Store, i add the time to my cart and hit checkout, but after that it does not do anything. can anybody help me out with this please. thank youDeltaknight5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Recruit a friend So I recruited a friend of mine earlier because he wanted to level quickly and I didn't mind doing so with him, but he stopped gaining experience at level 9. He only just upgraded today, and he has already purchased and upgraded his account to Mists of Pandaria. Is there a reason he can't level anymore?Umulats13 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 SoR hey guys i was just wandering, (i am on a trail account and wanting to get back into the game) and someone sends me a SoR will it work for trail accounts????Grelbrez12 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Can't delete character I created an undead warlock but then decided I'd rather have a blood elf warlock. I sent all my heirlooms back to my main, cleared my warlock's inventory and deleted all mail. But when I tried to delete my character it keeps saying that I still have mail or heirlooms or items in my bank/void storage and therefore prevents me from deleting the character. I don't keep anything in my void storage and opening a ticket takes like forever so hopefully a GM notices this post! Please help! thanks :)Erossavia6 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Thankyou World of Warcraft! Thanks again for the excellent help you gave to me, and the reassurance of belief. I am truly grateful of your commitment to keeping the game in a honorable way. I am not the greatest at computers or spelling so please forgive any mistakes. It is with great hopes and cheers that all you folks at WOW have a great Christmas, and New Year. And again thankyou for all the help you have given me. I am sorry that I missed the survey, I noticed it on top of screen when I was logging out. I jumped back in but it was gone. So I hope this reaches you and that I have made it quite clear, you folks are the best!!!! Again Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year................. MangopunchMangopunch0 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Server Merges being considered? Hi, I've been on boulderfist since launch. our guild just had its 8th Birthday also. The Population and Faction numbers have really been bad, REAL bad. @ 5:00 PM today we had 112 ally and 256 horde lvl 90's online. There was once a time when our guild alone had more online than that. And about 10% of what we have left are emo trolls, that over run our realm forums and trade chat with useless garbage our guild has been having open discussions about what to do. Transferring everyone's character to a better server would cost us thousands of Dollars. And our guild doesn't exist for mere raid progression, its friends who have been playing together for years. across several different games. But we are steadily loosing people because of the quality of game play , or the lack of. My question to Blizzard is . Are realm mergers evening being considered at this point?Hitokirin47 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 This sounds fishy, but I'm 100% on this one.. So I started a guild with a few friends last year and during college they quit for their own reasons. But I left the guild and just jumped ship. They've both assured me I can have it, but since they're the only members in the guild, I can't get an invite back, meaning I can't open a petition, meaning I can't get my old guild back. Any solutions? I opened a ticket, but they didn't understand that I wasn't in the guild.ßama3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Can i pay for account in someone else name A friend of mine said i could have his old account so i have a second one. I just want to check and see if it would be a problem if im paying using my credit card or paypal for subscription or a char transfer to the realm i play on since we have different names?Aaronthered6 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Real ID issue ok, i made a post about real id being messed up and the "HELPFUL" gms deleted it. i mean, REALLY? hows that SUPPORT when you delete a post made about an issue? i checked my parental controls, none enabled. what else can be interfering with REAL ID?Krazemonk3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Why Does A Site Ticket Have No est. Wait Time Eternity is a long time ;) so between now and then I'd like to know how long a player should expect the average wait time to be. Is it within 24hrs or more than that? And why weren't site made tickets given a estimated wait time?Mælstromedes5 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Scroll of resurection and MoP 10 day free I signed up for the 10 days of MoP and so did my wife's account ( so my son could play). I have since added game time and am going to buy MoP today. I have tried sending a scroll of Resurrection to my wife's account because she wants to play now, but she never gets an email. We both haven't played since cataclysm. Because she got the 10 day free trial is she no longer eligible to get a scroll of resurrection?? any insight on this would be great.Anighel4 Dec 17, 2012