Customer Support

Dec 25, 2012 We are stuck on The Darkness Within The horde on Earthen Ring are unable to advance through the Jade Forest. Captain Doren has glitched and is bugged at 50% health or so. Thanks for any help you can provide with this quest.Deathgirl2 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 Refusing to take my Credit card I keep getting errors when trying to resub is the system broken? Now I can't even try anymore say to many attempts.Torí5 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Character transfer question. I have a quick question about transfering a character from one battlenet account to another. I was wondering if the thransfered characters Real-ID contacts go with them. Just to be clear: I have 2 different battlenet accounts. I own both, and both are in my name. Transfering a character from my old account to my new one. Do real Id contacts from my old account go to my new one with account transfer ONLY. Thanks very much for any help you can give me!Hipcat2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 Uhhhh what? I got d/c and it deleted my equipment manager sets not sure how or why that happened. Has this ever happened to anyone elseAiney7 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Bought 2 WoW Gamecards; No Game Card in Box I just bought 2 World of Warcraft Game Cards, and found out one of them when I came home was missing from the box. After I bought them I realized they were in the wide open were any customer can just open up the box and steal it, and they were the non-activating type. I called meijer up with the receipt, and they told me basically "that's to bad". and realized the store made this mistake: They left the non-activated game cards on the shelf were anyone can just open it up and steal it, and the store seems they know that. In person who stold the game card from the box left the "Guest Pass" in the case if it can be useful on tracking who stold it from the box. The Game Card was the stores fault for being stolen, and really can't afford to purchase another one. Is there anything from the Box, or Guest Pass to receive it back since meijer won't help? (edit from typos) In short: bought 2 game cards; one of them didn't have a game card in it; told meijers, and they told me my fault, but the game card stolen still has the Guess Pass in it.Goldilocked31 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Old game accounts I and my son played wow a few years back and had two accounts, I can only remember the email for one of those accounts and have no idea of the password. My old email was <removed> and I wanted to get that account status to active again ASAP. Is there anything you can do to either check back billing or what not to see what accounts I was paying for, sorry wasn't sure how to go about refreshing my poor memory.Helrion2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Will customer service be open tomorrow I am looking to faction change tomorrow will i be able too?Maxumis2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Credit card stolen- Annual pass issues The credit card of the person paying for my account was stolen- so he cancelled it and we updated my account information with the new card. He didn't tell me about this until today, after I ran out of game time, and I got a notice that I need to contact customer support to have diablo 3 reactivated and the charger back on my account. What is the number I need to call for this?Miggie2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Game Card Error I am new to WoW and I just bought my first 60 day game card. ( I have been playing with the free battle chest month) Whenever I go to redeem this card it says "An error has occured". I also got the cataclysm trial. I am wondering if this interfered with the time? Maybe if I wait for the trial to be over and then add it? Also, when I enter the code, it lets me select an account to enter it to and I select: World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm® [WoW1] (Trial) Americas & Oceania (US) then it gives me the error message.Hornzerker6 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 warlocks? Why are warlocks so broke, looking at the top teams u barely see any, does the balance team not take viability seriously, looking at patch 5.2 its mostly nerfs, why.. just why would their be nerfs to a class that is already lacking representation at high ratings?Imagoatrofll4 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Bought my friend a battlechest, didn't work! So I recruited one of my friends, and bought him the battlechest. I sent him the game key, and for him it said it was a success, but for some reason I have two acounts now!! In game, he's aloud to join a guild, but he can't trade because it says he still has a starter edition?? I thought you can't join a guild if you have the starter edition? Please I need help! Is there anyway to delete my second acount and send it to him??Draoven2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 My characters wont show up I have not played world of warcraft in a while, but when I came back on none of my orgianal characters showed up on the screen. even though they are on here. Its says in game that i have no characters. I do not know what to do?Balthier2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 WoW Sale How long is WoW going to be on sale for $5?Hydrolisk6 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Return to Blasted Lands? I used the Okril'lon Mage's portal to go to the Blasted Lands, but then used Astral Recall to go back to Cenarion Hold when I was in the mines. How do I get back to the Blasted Lands? I'm level 57.Taawa7 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Hackers flying in Panderia under level 90 In the last week I have reported over 10 toons flying, or running in the air, in Panderia gathering herbs and ore. A few of the toons were even under level 85. There are more hackers flying around The Jade Forest than there are actual players on my server Hyjal. Why does Blizzard keep allowing this to happen? I still see toons I reported doing the same thing. This is ruining the game. If Blizzard isn't going to enforce their own rules they should let everyone fly there before level 90. It seems to me Blizzard would rather collect a hackers monthly fee even if it ruins the regular players gaming experience. With all the people leaving WOW you would think Blizzard would do more to make people enjoy the game. Competing with hackers for materials and in the AH is not my idea of fun. If this doesn't stop or I see these same players doing this in the next few weeks I will be leaving WOW as well.Onomaya12 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 I don't have my mounts/pets/achievements I moved my WoW license from one battle.net to another. I lost all of my mounts/pets connected to my previous one, but I did not gain the mounts/pets on this battle.net account.Silvez1 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 Account flagged? It seems blizzard flags accounts and will not tell why they have done so. I run battle grounds, when i die i release to grave yard. They make me wait 10 - 15 sec. before the timer comes up. When the timer comes up it makes me wait another 30 sec. The problem i have with blizzard is that while i am waiting, i see other players arrive at the cemetery, get ez. in lie 10 sec. while i am still watching a timer tick down. I would have expected blizzard to be up front and honest to be able to reply as to why they have done this. All i get is how to reset UI and remove add-ons. I wonder what could be the fault if these were nnot an option?Pappybosshog2 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 How to phone blizzard? This is kind of making me frustrated, I have searched for the past 45 minutes on the battlenet knowledge center for blizzards phone number, with no luck. It makes me ask why they hide the phone number so well, when it should be one of the easiest pieces of information to find, bloody hell it should be on their front page. Maybe I am not looking in the right places, but I have tried everything I can think of to find blizzards phone number. Does anyone know it? Does anyone know why it is so hard to find? I am losing my patience...Cerish22 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Getting back to WoW I would like to get back to playing WoW but before I had cataclysm on a Windows XP machine, now I have a Windows 7 machine. The files ported over when I got the data over and indeed when I clicked on it, it did some sort of optimazation process. However I only get errors when I try, errors that imply I am missing files. Is there a way to get WoW for Windows 7 and install fresh without buying the game all over again? Thanks in AdvanceShivi3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Character transfer conundrum! I'm trying to move this character to Wyrmrest Accord. First I got a message when trying to pay that said "an error has occurred" and suggested that I contact billing. Then an Email arrived stating that the character transfer was complete, but it hasn't moved. Then I checked the character transfer page, which is telling me that my character is on both the origin server and destination server, but "ineligible to transfer - unknown error" on one, and "transfer pending" on the other. I can still log into my character, too. I arrive here confused and seeking your wisdom. Update: I tried logging into my character again, but it's not letting me through anymore. So hopefully it's not... Stuck or something. Another update: It's not my credit card. I used it successfully on Steam, and it's far from overdrawn.Vilja7 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Heirlooms? I've seen a number of these threads about heirlooms and players wanting the ability to send them to other realms. Now I've also seen countless blue posts saying things like "no way to do this", "we're looking at it", and also my fav since heirlooms have come out "not likely this expansion". Now i ask why not have heirloom gear you have purchased be mailed to each character upon creation? You can either mail all of it, which I'm sure lazy players who like to wear cloth heirloom on toons like rogues would want this, or you can send gear that toon could use. Of course the example is a hunter getting the mail agi heirloom gear and all the other possible things it could use. So I ask the blue posters out there, why can't we have something like that?Rëaver5 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Password reset page appears broken My wife's account is locked due to ip address change. The password reset page errors saying all fields need to be filled in, but they all are. Happens in Safari or Chrome on two different computers.Reverator3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Finish the song! (However you want) Rudolph the red nose reindeer,Mistymay2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Subscription code not working Just bought a 60 day subscription card from target, typed it in and it took me to a screen and said select an account to add World of Warcraft® Game Time to and i picked the only one. Then after i pressed continue it said error. This is a waste of my time and money, i really need some help.Çrix5 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 LFR Wait times I had been waiting for over an hour and a half to get into LFR Terrace of Endless Springs. After completing my dailies, I abandoned my que because this is a crazy and rediculous amount of time to wait. I want to jump into the game and play. I want to enhance my character and Terrace is the only raid that presently allows me to improve. This is a poor customer experience and is disenchanting. Long time WoW gamer. AaemonAaemon17 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Can't log onto my other account or Reset So yeah Im trying to log onto my other account because with Mists and such I wanted to play this game again. Problem is I go to log in and my password seems to be changed. No big deal, hell maybe I had forgotten what it was. So I go to reset the password and when I try it tells me incorrect email and name combination. I obviously know my name so that leads on to believe the email has been changed. I try to reset that and the stupid website is leading me in an inevitable loop of nothingness. I see no phone number, I can't just submit a ticket, the reset thing isn't working when I know what my !@#$%^- name and everything else is. Can I please get some help in a reasonable amount of time? I know its around the holidays but above all blizzard you are a business. And frankly this is not a way to do business to design your website to lead me on an endless loop of "hey try this it could work" Its your job for that 16 dollars a month from all of your players to assure there is always adequate staff to handle issues within a reasonable time. I have no problem waiting, but to a point. The website almost seems designed to slow up people from actually submitting tickets or calling for issues being resolved....thats kind of a crappy deal if you ask me. I just want my account back so I can pay 30 dollars for mists and then put my other account up for 16 dollars. Now my account won't work and I can't get online. Im upset, thats for sure.Ehlemayoh12 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 You cannot log in until the character update iv played after my xfer was complete for a day or two know and as i try to log in i get this message You cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete. i look at the status of the xfer and it says its complete idk whats going on and i cant log in to my toonTwochains6 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Security code I really wish you weren't using the computer generated security code. Those things are incredibly hard to read and if you miss it a couple times your account gets locked. Surely you can come up with a better way.Uelwynn5 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 MoP expansion not working... I went to target earlier today and got the World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria DDE, i put in the code and under account it says its active, but its been about 4 hours now and its still not working. Thanks for any helpHaull6 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Full account access to BoA's You already have the mechanic in place to give players full access to BoA's on any server that you may want to play on. The same mechanic that allows mounts and pets to be used by any character on an account regardless of server can be used for BoA's. There isn't any reason that if my main server is Zangarmarsh and I want to level a toon on say Hellscream that I can't use my BoA's, oh wait there is I can't send those BoA's to that toon cause I have to transfer a guy to that server. Just a suggestion use the Mount and Pet mechanic for Bind on Account Items.Caylas2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Customer Service Closed Today? I called 1(800) 592-5499 and the automated voice said the queue was full. Is the queue full because a ton of people are calling and they are closed today? Or, are they open today, December 24, 2012 ?Maljinor1 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 PrePaid Card won't work!! i just purchased a pre paid card for 2 months and tried adding it in the redeem game card part and it just refreshes the page?? i tried it on both my laptop and pc. Is this because i only have the downloaded trial wow setup or what? dont wont to have wasted that cash :(Nosdaddy17 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 how to buy pet from store with credit on acct I am trying to buy the cinder kitten and then gift it to a friend. I have $20 account credit from a gift card I entered on to my account. But at checkout it wants my credit card info. Can I buy these pets with the gift card credit? EDIT: 2nd question--Can I buy any pets or mounts with gift cards?Plin1 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Group invite goes away when I alt-tab So often I will be waiting for my friend to finish a quest or similar before we run a dungeon or something. During this time I usually alt-tab out of the game and browse forums (such as this one). I have background sound enabled, so I'm usually alt-tabbed when I hear the sound of my friend inviting me to his group. But when I alt-tab back into the game, that action causes the invite window to disappear somehow. At that point I have to whisper my friend and have him invite me again, or I have to invite him instead. It's more of a nuisance than anything but I would love it if there was some way to fix this.Gotnorice3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 MoP removed from account? After having MoP since release, I added time to my account after being away for a month, I come back to mind that MoP is no longer on my account. How is this possible? I also cant log into any character above lvl 85. Kill me or help me.Backflab3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Character locked? Contact Billing ? I Can only access one of my toons the other say your locked out and to contact billing information, how would i go about doing so?Hamillum2 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 What dose it mean to join Arena? I see the option to do so in my Account management page, but when I tried to click on it to see what it dose, it says that arenas aren't available or something. If that's the case, why make it available for me to click on it?Mayrie3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 The report system is a Crock ! I find it utter BS that when I write a ticket to report a bot. I am told by the GM that responds that they no longer repond to tickets about player reports. That I must right click on the player and report them. So I have 2 players that flood the auction house on my server. They both have dual professions herbalism n minning. I have added them to my friends list and they run 18-22 hours a day for weeks on end. They have no achievments. Its easy to see there bots. So I must go hunt them down to report them and waste my time trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Utter BS. Fix this Blizzard...Deciphalbeta21 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 been 72 hours account still starter... i upgraded my raf account to battlechest a few days ago and it still hasnt turned into a standard edition account in-gameSøádkiñg5 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Is it possible to gift Mists digitally? I have a friend who has Cataclysm but doesn't have the money to upgrade to Mists right now. Is it possible for me to gift her a digital copy of MoP? I'd hate for her to be stuck in Orgrimmar while the rest of us are fighting our way through Pandaria!Cassio20 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 husband locked out My husband can't remember his password...then it locked him out.. when he went to battle.net to reset.. it asked him for a security question that he did NOT submit and therefore has no way to answer. What do you do if you cant even reset the battle.net password?Pandorika3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 how do I un-subscribe????!!! <Remove inappropriate content>Vonni15 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Customer Service Anyone have a phone number for customer service? I am affraid that battle.net has gotten so big they have forgotten about customer service and I need to cancel my account.Zeroscrap4 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 How to buy game time? I can't seem to find a way to put my subscription back on the 6 month at a time method of paying for WoW? The only option seems to be adding an amount of money? How do I do this now?Sherri3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Been waiting on order refund for over a week Hello, I had placed an order over a week ago for a few store bought pets. Noticed I had already owned one so I contacted support and was told they would give me a refund so I can repurchase the pets I didn't already own. A week had passed, no refund was given and my support ticket was closed. I reopened it the other day and am still waiting on it. Can someone please check into this for me? Support Ticket #US33801495Eldia9 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Remote Auction House not showing battle pets It's all there in the title. You can't sell, buy, or even see caged pets in inventory on the RAH. Apologies if this has come up before, searched and didn't see it on the first page of results.Elynittria3 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Purchasing Game Time Question I'm looking to buy a month of game time for 2 different people. Is this possible and is there anything I should know before making the purchase? Thanks.Taterdotz5 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Thank You dungeon Master Just recently i created a ticket and it was answered the next day and everything worked out fine i just wish i had a chance to say thank you so thank you! :DDjjizzygeoff1 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Quest Tracker The ingame quest tracker seems to be broken. When I pull up the map, none of the quest objectives appear. The open book at the bottom is still there, but the quest is no longer written in it. The list of quests is still on the side of the map, but when I pick one to track the location doesn't pop on the map. I tried exiting and re-starting and now the map is completely clear and the quests aren't showing up at all. The map is not even acknowledging that I have quests in the zone at all despite the fact that I have almost a dozen of them. Is this a known bug? If it is, it just started happening to me about 10 minutes ago. Is this something that a GM can fix? Is this something that can be hotfixed? Am I the only one having this problem or have others had the same issue? A blue response to this would be nice, but anything useful that anyone can tell me is more than welcome. I know this isn't exactly gamebreaking, but it is really obnoxious and I would really love it to be fixed. Thank you in advance.Graxxus11 Dec 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 Locked out of Account My girlfriend is unable to login to her account. Her folks live in a different province than we do, so whenever she goes to visit her account gets flagged for "suspicious activity". Normally not an issue she creates a new password, fills out the form with her info, and carries on. This time though it won't accept her name/info when she tries the password recovery option. She's gone through the different "Can't Login" options provided to no avail. Where do we go from here? It'd be nice if we could "hang" in Stormwind together during the Holidays (I'm still in our home province).Plaga10 Dec 24, 2012