Customer Support

Nov 23, 2012 When will faction changes be available again? ?!?!?!Thugnoodles16 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Battle chest updating Hey There. Recently, my friend recruited me and I upgraded using the Battle Chest. Although on the battle net webpage, it lists the account as standard edition, when i log onto the characters i only have the starters edition perks.. it has been around 12 hours. wondering how long it will take? CheersSixtythree3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Lost authenticator My son lost the authenticator for his account. He wants to start playing again, but obviously cant. We dont have a phone, neither land nor cell (hard to believe right?), so calling billing is slightly difficult. Is there a way for him to get the authenticator removed that doesnt require a phone call?Holle2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Unable to enter RBG i click enter battle and nothing FREAKING HAPPENS.......... now the whole groups upset at me ofc. i click enter battle for these RBGs twice in a row and it doesnt put me in the bg this is so stupid im really freakin upset right nowSocks19 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Accidentally unlearned wrong profession So, as I was trying to unlearn my mining profession, I spazzed and hit the button twice, unlearning my enchanting as well. I submitted a ticket and have no problem waiting, but my question is should I just log out and leave my account alone, or can I continue and level up my other profession while I wait? I assume from what i've read that a restore can be done (fingers crossed), but do I hurt my chances of one by making changes to my toon, ie - leveling JC where mining used to be? Thanks, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.Mywhiteballs5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 HELP PLEASE! The game won't work! :( I was playing and suddenly the computer icon on the action bar was red. I couldn't shop from NPCS, it took 30 minutes for the shop to pop up. Everything was slow! accept for my character and the world. It looked like other players were teleporting. There wasn't any lag. But I really need this fixed! I'm really upset. Please if you have any thing to say that could fix it or if you know the problem tell me! Thanks.Jjooshh1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 New Ticket Response Policy is Horrible With the implementation of the different categories of reporting things GMs seem to have adopted a new policy that is horrible and insulting. You can submit a ticket, wait days and days for it to be answered and get absolutely no help or attention; they simply do nothing and basically go "<Hyperbole isn't helpful> By that I meant a bug report. And no, I did not submit it again, and never have re-submit a ticket when a GM does nothing to answer it and just marks it as answered/resolved and closes it anyway. If you want to report a player for their offensive name you have to be able to right click their alive character and click report. Then sit there and fill out a report about them. I was in hellfire peninsula leveling my priest. I was attacked by 2 horde while leveling. One of them was named something really offensive. Was going to quote it, but can't call out... Basically including the N word. I killed them both and then wanted to report him. But I can't click his released corpse to report him. I need to wait until they res, if they do, and if I see them again click him then and report him while I sit there not moving typing my report. That method is just horrible. And if you report it any other way a GM will just ignore your ticket and close it after all the time you waited. That is just an example. Anything else if you submit it under the wrong category now the GM will ignore + close your ticket as well and pretend they RESOLVED the issue, while they did absolutely nothing to help and just screwed you over after all that time. It's ridiculous, insulting, and terrible. I'm sure you'll have some smart responses about how correctly categorized tickets help improve response time and get things answered quicker. But I honestly doubt that; you're probably losing 50% or more of your ticket submissions from people just using the regular ticket submission still, getting ignored + screwed, and then not submitting it again. Which might be the plan if you don't care.Net4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Question about RAF I have not done RAF since before the merger of WoW accounts and Battle.net and a question arose from one of my friends. He is currently inactive and his account is Frozen, but is interested in just creating a new account all-together. So my questions are: Is it possible to do RAF with someone who already has a Battle.net account, but is creating a new and second WoW account? If he wanted to receive the leveling perks of RAF, would he just have to create a separate Battle.net email account? Any light on these would be greatly appreciated!Hawtz3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 An Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment Dear Blizzard Entertainment & All Avid Gamers Who Like Badass Games, Blizzard has been a part of my life since I was 9 years old. Starcraft was the very first game that truly grabbed me and absorbed every free moment I had. For the last 15 years I have been an avid fan of this company and its fantastic games. Diablo 2. Warcraft 3. World of Warcraft. I would have bought Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3 if I had a computer capable of truly running them, but as an adult now my financial priorities lie elsewhere. Blizzard makes the best damn games on the planet. I'll argue anyone who tries to tell me otherwise into the ground. When it comes to storytelling (oh, the cinematics!), game mechanics and overall addictiveness, no one else compares. Blizzard has this on lock, and I have loved them for it. Over the years, Blizzard has screwed me over a few times. Just to name one instance: When I first started playing WoW I shared my account with my girlfriend, as we only had one computer and she wasn't sure if she wanted to play anyways. The Blizzard crack got her. When she finally got her own computer, we purchased a second copy of the game, only to find out that since she had registered the game in her own name, Blizzard would not allow us to transfer characters from my account to hers. So, begrudgingly (and after an altogether aggravating brush with Blizzard's atrocious customer service) we purchased a THIRD copy of the game (and a third copy of BC). We even bit the bullet and paid $30 to transfer all three of her characters. Recently, I decided to revisit the classic WC3, only to find out that I had lost the CD keys. Tough luck, I thought, but I wasn't about to fork over my money for the game again. In what I knew was a vain attempt, I contacted customer service again to inquire if they could provide new keys. Of course, I was rejected, which I expected and accepted. However, in their reply, the customer service representative (who will remain nameless) included this wonderful gem of a line 'if the codes were already put on one of your accounts they would still be there.', implying that I had somehow acquired my copy of the game illegally. This was the final slap in the face. For those of you that have been with Blizzard for a while now, you know that they have been changing and revamping the way in which they handle accounts over the last decade. With each new iteration there are new hoops to jump through and more stringent rules. We know this is due to the high rate of scamming and account theft that occurs (or, so they tell us), but with each new iteration of their account system they seem to magically 'forget' all prior relationships. The email address, name and personal information I've associated with my account has not changed since when I first played WC3, but somehow none of that information is acceptable for verifying my identity. In fact, they won't even look into it. All of this is of course my own personal experience, and as far as any reader of this letter is concerned, just the rantings of an irate customer. But, I want you to take a minute and think about the deeper issue here. We have a company that makes the best damn games around. Naturally, their product is in high demand, and as such they have grown by leaps and bounds. As have their troubles with account theft and illegal duplication. But, in their efforts to stem the hemorrhaging they have completely removed any sort of personal support. As an average user, if you get stuck between a rock and a hard place in any way, they're patented response is 'tough luck, buy our product again and start over. Oh, and yeah, we're going to keep changing our account registration process and invalidate or 'lose' your existing account information along the way. That's ok though, you'll just buy our product again at that point.' I've lived under the powerful illusion for the last 15 years that this is just the nature of the beast, and is an unavoidable part of getting to play these phenomenal games. But, after my latest encounter with the downright rude (no amount of 'we apologize' and 'wish we could do more' makes up for the underlying <removed>) customer service, I have finally pulled the blinders off. Over the 15 years that I have been a customer I have given Blizzard over $800 in game purchases, monthly subscriptions and expansion packs. I've spent the better half of a thousand dollars on this company, and they won't even entertain the notion that they might have some responsibility to help a customer out when misfortune strikes. I have been, and will continue to be an avid fan of Blizzard's phenomenal games. But, as much as it breaks my heart to do so, I am choosing to stop giving them my money, for they refuse to even consider some culpability on their end for my woes, and simply say 'show us the money'. I love you Blizzard, but you are the worst kind of girlfriend. Please, keep making your great games -- and those INCREDIBLE cinematics (which I will watch over and over again when they are uploaded to YouTube) -- but know that your shenanigans and flippant attitude have driven away a lifelong fan. What happened to the era when creating and maintaining relationships with your customers was the primary means of doing business? Have we really become so obsessed with the bottom-line that our companies won't even acknowledge that our investment in their product is a contract to the purchaser? You've gotten your last dime out of me Blizzard, and I know I will be tempted time and time again by your new releases, but my foot has been put down. Sincerely, A Former Fan-for-LifeNydinethil5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Default Party pet bar frames bug? Whenever I'm grouped up with a class with a pet, the default blizzard frames exist over my raid bars. I can't seem to figure out how to disable this. Anyone have a solution? http://i.imgur.com/OIv1m.jpgGobbling1 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Removing a mobile Authenticator Recently my phone gave out witch also had my mobile Authenticator on it, I don't have the restoration information and i can't really remove it through the removal form since I don't have an ID. If I call support is it possible to get it removed if I have information about my account? The only reason I'm able to still post on the account is because my browser has the remember cookie on it.Celias5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Faction change and mounts, which is it? Hello all. So here's the story. Back in Wrath of the Lich King I was lucky enough to get one of my favorite mounts ever: the Swift Alliance Steed. But my friends all wanted to transfer to horde and I went with them, changing my steed into a wolf. With the implementation of cross account mounts, I was worried that my wolf would be stuck as a wolf and I would never be able to faction transfer back to make it into the steed again. But everyone told me that even with cross account mounts, faction transferring would still convert faction mounts to their cross faction equivalent. So I didn't transfer just yet. But recently, I saw this Blizzard Entertainment tweet posted on MMO-Champion: ... Which for me, is really bad news. But at the same time the official Blizzard faction change Q&A (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/faction-change-faq#q10) says ... Which for me would be fantastic news. So which is it? One would make me super excited and I'll probably faction transfer to Alliance and back right away, but the other would be highly disappointing.Tamaara3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 stuck character bug my monk is stuck in shrine of the ox after i used zen pilgrimage when i was in the shrine of the seven stars. i am not able to port out with zen pilgrimage, hearth stone or able to fly out with a 2 seat mount. every time i try to get out i port back into the port in area.Xenoba2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 guild transfer I'm wanting to server transfer my bank guild. One character has to be the GM of it for 7 days. Today is the seventh day. should I have the transfer ability today? Or do I have to actually wait until the eighth day to be able to transfer it?Armø4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 MOP question I have a friend that bought me the Mist of Pandaria cd and they live in a different state. They are wanting me to add the code to the game when they call to give it to me. Do I need anything special to do add thisFernv4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Raf question Can I refer the same account more than once?Zèöl2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Need to restore a character I accidentally deleted a level 60 character, Magistor on server Archimonde. Could you please restore him? TksHealaria3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 A couple questions about the Annual pass. Hey guys, I saw the Annual pass offer and I'm really keen on it. There's just a few things that I'm unsure of. :) 1. My wow account has been suspended in the past, but is currently in good standing. I wasn't banned for breaking rules (well, once for having a rather "heated" conversation), I just got hacked. Does this affect my eligibility? 2. Do I have to use a credit card to pay? I don't have one, nor does anyone in my family. BUT I do have a debit card which I can use like a credit card to make online purchases, just with my own money. I tried to sign up just before, but it says you don't have a credit card on file. I have used the debit card I mentioned to pay for my subscription in the past. Does this mean I can't participate in this offer? 3. If I use time cards with the offer, do I have to put another card on as soon as one finishes? Or can I wait for a little bit before I get more time? Something like a 1-2 week period to get time after it runs out would be good because I don't want to get 10 months into this then lose it because I am unable to get game time for a few days. 4. Do I have to participate in the Mists of Pandaria beta? I just don't think I can give good enough feedback. :( 5. Do I have to play regularly? or can I take a holiday while still paying for time. Lerna9 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 [Resolved] Account needs to be converted? So after getting past launcher optimization confusion by completely reinstalling WoW, I launch the game and go to log in. The email associated with my battle.net account is a yahoo mail one, so I put in [email name]@battle.net, because that is the full version of the battle.net account that is associated with that email. I type in my password and it says the information is invalid. I shorten it to [email name], type in my password and get a new message: "This account needs to be converted to a Battle.net account. Please [click here] or go to [link] to begin the conversion" Both links lead to the same place. It's a Battle.net site that asks for me to enter a game code, but I've already done that. I did it when I activated the games the first time, so now the keys are all invalid because they are used. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. Using [email name]@yahoo.com as my username returns the same "info is invalid" message, and I've even changed my password to make sure it's right. All help is appreciated. :) EDIT: After trying again with the @yahoo.com version, I got a different message: "There was a problem logging in with this account. You may not have a World of Warcraft game attached to your account, or you may be logging into a region different from the one you created this account in. If you continue to have trouble, contact Customer Support."Keldt8 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Upgraded to Pandaria but can't level above 85 I recently upgraded to Mist of Pandaria but was unable to level above 85 after logging on.Tairak4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Klaxxi Exalted Not working. I recently acquired exalted with the Klaxxi and i understand there is a quest chain that gives you a ring once you do this. THe problem is it wont show up for me. I read another post about how you have to release all the paragons and the only one i havent released is "Iyyokuk the Lucid". The problem is i cant find any quests for him where they are suppost to be. Please help!Kôdiak4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Forum Problem So I switched to google chrome and it is not letting me have the quote button on the forums. When I used internet explorer and firefox it lets me use it, but not on google chrome.Snocterris4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Can't checkout on Blizz Store/Create Ticket I added a credit card to this WoW account and purchased a Paid Appearance Change with it. Afterwards, I tried to buy Lil' KT, Lil' XT, and Lil' Ragnaros, and kept getting an error message saying the credit card info was wrong, even though it was not. Also, afterwards, I tried to create a ticket and I was unable to do so, getting "temporary" error messages each time, leading me to post on the forum here. Any help?Karasi3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 cannot add retail MoP code to my account Hi, I recently purchased a retail copy of MoP, and when I tried to add the game code, I would come to a confirmation page, and after confirming, I received a message saying that an error had occurred. I am certain that I entered the code correctly since I was able to see the confirmation page, and I have tried entering the code on different browsers, computers, and clearing my cookies and cache. I am currently on a MoP 10 day trial; will that interfere with me upgrading from a retail code? If not, is there any other way to resolve this issue? ThanksTanamuna4 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Wont let me use the name Beer? I tried to name a toon Beer and it said "contains mature language". Is this a glitch? I mean.... you know there are brewery's now... and beer cooking training...Bèerwiser3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Was just hacked wanted some insight. So i just got hacked and got my info all sorted so i can log back in and had their fake authenticator removed from my account etc but all my toons a nekked and this just wont do how long does it take for my stuff to be got back to me?Söùl5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 RaF Problem So I added the authentication key to my account on before I did the RaF. I was wondering if I could make that account a RaF because I did not follow the process. The account is <>.Zope2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Character transfer gold limit? I've recently looked into transferring one of my characters and noticed that the transfer FAQ doesn't show a increase in transferable gold for characters level 86+. Is this information accurate and if it is does blizzard plan to change the gold transfer limit for 86+ characters in the near future to match past expansions? I would really like to be able to transfer all of my gold over as the server I'm leaving has an inflated economy and buying items to resell after transfer would net a large loss.Simca2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Elixer of Ancient Knowledge - I can't send it I'm trying to send my Elixer to one of my alts, and for some reason, it won't send. I've tried relogging, disabling addons, etc, and nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong? or did they decide we can't send them from one place to another?Painstrike3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 character locked due to credit card declined I have moved from Canada to Indiana about one year ago, and my old credit card and address are gone. However, I cannot change my address online, and my toon got locked cauze the payment is declined. Any help?Sryurfat10 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 RaF not working. My friend send me the email to make a refer a friend account. I followed the link in the email and made the account. I knew the starter edition account would have a crap load of limitations such as being unable to whisper or invite to parties, so I went ahead an upgraded it and bought the xpacs for it. Now I'm not getting the triple experience bonus. Why? Because I upgraded? Also, it's showing my friend that our accounts are linked but not me.Barclan9 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 How to recover Pre-Battle.net Account A friend of mine who stopped playing in wrath before the account merger with battle.net is attempting to come back. He knows all of his character names, but cannot remember his account name/password to use the merge feature in battle.net is there any way to recover that account info anymore? ThanksKronner1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 transferring quests horde to alliance. i recently changed from horde to alliance and in doing so lost all recognision of the quests i had completed lvling from 85-90 and can no longer gain the items required for the black prince and or reputation and cannot re obtain the quest for the black prince without redoing all those quests. is this going to be fixed in a upcoming patch where quests transfer with characters like they usuall do? or do i have to do everything again?Hüllabaloo1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Expansions and game time? Expansions really should come with a free month because now i cant even play the expansion i bought. I guess I should have looked it up before hand though. This sucks. Money wasted.Bakabridget16 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 6 digit activation license lol.... best GM ever answered, problem fixed. Betsy out xDMohawkrock3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Can't transfer character Hey, So I cannot transfer my priest on another account linked to my Battlenet because of the following reasons: 1. It's out of game time 2. There is mail in it's mailbox, so I cannot delete it The call que is full, I put in a ticket-but don't really feel like waiting two days, I figured this might be a better way to go about it. Thanks!Happyunicorn0 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Cross Realm-Debuff Would it possible to get some sort of debuff for people who grief cross realm pvp? I know all the arguments of pvp is pvp. But, I feel like griefing lowbies is not pvp. It's cowardly. If you want to world pvp...find a player of your level and have at it. If you hit a lowbie then your hit is negated and you get immediately turned into a level 1 critter...let's say a chicken...and the lowbie can one shot you. Problem solved.Zq3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Scroll of Resurrection Transfer Question Alright, so my friend who resurrected me is on Stormrage in the Alliance. However, if he were to character transfer to Bleeding Hollow, would I be able to transfer to Bleeding Hollow as well via Scroll of Resurrection realm transfer? Thanks in advance.Pulverize1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Recruit a friend problem I sent them the link, they got the option to register or create a new account. They registered with the link i sent them then they bought all the expansions and some game time. When they go ingame and add me i can't summon them, we don't get exp bonus or anything. I should have probably gotten the mount and some game time. They did EVERYTHING right. They explained exactly how they did it. So how can i fix this?Noctredors5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Can I buy a Race Change if I call? Race Change services on the website are undergoing maintenance, can I purchase one if I call in and have billing manually do it?Jagai7 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 item restore ingame mail so i recived a ingame mail from the item restore service and i havent used it what gives?Ulminia9 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Toons showing name of guild they're not in? Save for this one I'm posting on, all of my Alliance toons in my profile still show as being in my old guild, which I left quite some time ago. In their infinite wisdom, Support has absolutely NO category for this problem in ticket creation; so now I have to resort to coming here. Why are my toons profiles still displaying the old guild name? I'm pretty sure that they are NOT in said guild anymore...Falyssa2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 still trial when have upgraded and payed started as trial yesterday and upgraded and still have trial restrictions, infact this character isnt there anymore, i deleted it and made a new one who is still having trial issues, also i am in recruit a friend if that changes anythingDochael2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Scroll of Resurrection Delay Hi there Hi there! I tried to use my Scroll of Resurrection to jump this character up to 80, but it hasn't worked yet. Most reports I've read say that it takes no time, and you just need to log into the character for it to become 80. I'm not sure what the problem is. Thanks for the help! Nymarya Update: It's now been 12 hours and the level jump has not occurred yet. According to my battle.net account page, my Scroll of Resurrection status is complete and my reward status is "Character Level Up claimed"Nymarya5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Needing WoW accounts removed. Chances of it? Any chances of getting some WoW accounts deleted from my battle.net? Specifically: WoW3 WoW5 WoW6 WoW7 WoW8 WoW9 And I wouldn't mind having the PTR WoW2 deleted, either. WoW9 is a starter edition. Trying to get a friend the Heart of the Nightwing, and we intend to lvl together.. Would really like to free up space for a new account on the same battle.net so I can have my BoAs <.<Pândâlicious7 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 RaF Question Hi, couldnt find an answer to this anywhere, I RaF'ed myself (dual boxing) and was wondering if i link the b.net accounts will the RaF bonus stay and will I be able to send boa items cross-accounts, also when i buy 2 months game time on the new account, will i still get the mount even though they would be under the same battle.net account?Krylin3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Wrong versions of game purchased EU version purchased hi, Recently I bought CATACLYSM and MOP from well known online game retailer direct2play.com , but mistakenly i purchased EU version of both cata and mop. But now ofcourse I can't use it with my current US version of battlechest. can you suggest what to do ? How can I change it to US version. please help. Thanks and regards, PragatiTadka1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Cheating in Temple of Kotmogu So I just ran a ToK BG and 3 of the 4 horde players were sitting in the planters by the orbs. They cannot be targetted and continue to gather points. Obviously cheating. I reported them and told others to do the same. I am trying to see if anyone else has come up against this and if anything can be done. The players knew what they were doing and most were spamming /laugh emotes. Any suggestions?Arathres1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Character restoration question Is there a certain amount of time between deleting the character to getting it restored before the service is no longer usable? For instance, Say I deleted a character almost a year ago, would this amount of time be too long to get said character restored?Battlemaiden2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Services not available. Race change...etc Tried to go in for a change up, was browsing and then all the sudden. Race change service not available pls follow blizzardcs on twitter for more info. I went and looked, no info on the status of services. Can u let me know whats up, and when i should try again?Walluce2 Nov 23, 2012