Mac Technical Support

Jan 23 Gamma setting not "sticking" Hello Since the patch, I am having an issue of whenever I switch from "fullscreen" to "windowed" and back to "fullscreen" the game keeps trying to use my desktop gamma setting. I find this to be a tad too dark for the game, so I turn the slider up a bit. It switches back to the game's gamma setting if I change any graphics setting, or toggle the desktop gamma on/off. It seems like something that would be a bug so I'm mostly just reporting the issue, but if someone has some insight on a fix that would be great. My mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) OS: 10.11.6 Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MBLunavale7 Jan 23
Jan 23 One character crashes when try open bags One of my characters, Tupence, crashes when I attempt to open all her bags, and sometimes crashes when I don't do anything but try to play her. I can open the character, but effectively can't play her. All my other characters work fine.Theheeldeal3 Jan 23
Jan 22 Graphic Setting crash on low I'm finding that unless I set my graphic settings to at least 5 the game crashes in legion zones. I can set to lower settings in other zones and even in raids but if I enter any legion area the game crashes unless I have it set to 5 or higher. I'd like to be able to set it lower for shorter load screens and less issues. Is there a solution? This only started happening after 7.1.5Melchizedak1 Jan 22
Jan 22 Liquid Detail Display Glitch I've noticed lately that I'll have the liquid on my screen display half as low and half as good/ultra. This "glitch" goes away if I change liquid detail to Good or higher. Here is a video I made of what I am talking about, pay attention to the green liquid and you'll see what I mean: https://youtu.be/XScgqUFdvSM Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/4FseyIS.jpg I play on a Mac Mini (Late 2014), Running macOS SIerra Graphics are Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics Settings are on "1". The glitch goes away if I turn "Liquid Detail" up to Good or Ultra. EDIT: This didn't just happen in Mardum, I also had it happen in Suramar City and other areas that I was questing in.Trudell7 Jan 22
Jan 22 MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 vs El Captain Hi I would like to know if any of u guys felt any performance improvement from mac sierra 10.12.2 ? Im still with El Capitain. Iris 6100 Macbook Pro 2015Raco8 Jan 22
Jan 20 7.2 PTR Battle.net error Something went wrong, can't start 7.2 PTR. Is this another mac version problem?Globalist3 Jan 20
Jan 20 Crashing upon attempting to launch WoW Report ID: 4C806E31-EFD9-4455-9488-C70BD6C184E1 When trying to start WoW, both via the Battle.net app and directly from my applications folder, the screen blacks out as if starting to launch, then closes, and an error window pops up and tells me to use the above report id when communicating with Blizzard about the error report. Note, that the game was launching successfully from the Battle.net app last night.Moriun10 Jan 20
Jan 20 Repeated fatal errors, frequently in raids I'm getting hit by frequent fatal errors (1-2 per night), usually while I'm in raids or dungeons. I received the following error code on one tonight: A734BF9B-D55E-4947-9685-B0C149F12A86 Is this addon-related? Is there anything I can do? I'm going to try repairing my installation but it's so sporadic that it's hard to link this to anything I do.Shuya5 Jan 20
Jan 19 Insufficient disk space I'm trying to install WoW on my MacBook Pro so I can play a little bit on my work trip :) but it won't let me install with because of this error. It says it only needs 40GB and I have 64.05GB available (42.39GB "purgable" + 21.66GB "free") as per Disk Utility. I have tried running the disk repair and it doesn't work. Any ideas? Does it have anything to do with the "purgable" space and how do I purge it?Ryecoke2 Jan 19
Jan 19 Window resizing issues Hello I've had this issue since 7.1.5 where I can't resize the window to fit my screen. I matched the resolution to fit my mac's resolution but this doesn't fix it, it still leaves a good portion of the screen unused. Selecting windowed fullscreen also just switches to fullscreen. I'm sure theres an easy fix but I'm stumped and can't find any solution. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!Eccentria3 Jan 19
Jan 17 game crashing at load screen Barebrain51 Jan 17
Jan 17 Addons not working on Mac? Hello. I am a new WoW player who just found out about addons and have been having a pretty frustrating time so far. I got some addons to work but some refuse to work. I downloaded Conslegion and while it does show up in-game, it never saves. Even when I lock the questlist window, it goes away when I exit from conslegion settings. No quest are showing up on it either. Weak Auras 2 also shows up but nothing works. Any help? Thanks!Soligen1 Jan 17
Jan 16 frozen char but see everything around me Not sure if this is an internet issue or what, but starting tonight I've had my char lag out and I can see everyone around me moving and I can still talk in chat but my char is stuck casting and I just wait for the DC. I have streams playing in the background and they havent disconnected.Mnmmnmmnmmnm0 Jan 16
Jan 16 BUG on MAC loading time, freezes & Gama settings Since this patch, loading time to play (from Character to Suramar for example)is way longer now, and I have to do my settings (image is too dark) everytime I launch a download (joining dunjeon, changing area) PLayin on MacBook Pro RetinaBoomchack9 Jan 16
Jan 16 Severe Sudden Drop in FPS I downloaded patch 7.1.5 a few days ago. I have played the game since then, the last time with no problems and everything running smoothly was yesterday afternoon. When I jumped on the game this morning, my FPS is down to 5. The game is unplayable right now. I deleted the interface, cache and WTF folders several times now. I ran a game scan in battle.net and found no issues. I made sure the game was fully patched and there were no repair patches. I spoke with a tech at a nearby Apple Store and he ran me through several things including a diagnostics check, but found nothing wrong. I'm at my wits ends and have no idea what else to do other than reinstall the entire game.Martigun7 Jan 16
Jan 15 OpenGL textures still broken? No water textures and weird (what looks like missing) ground textures in many places. I know there was an issue with OpenGL since 7.1 released. Has this been resolved or are people still getting these issues? I'm just trying to figure out if it's my system or WoW.Beltain4 Jan 15
Jan 15 Graphics bug with masa and water rendering This only happens using MSAA anti-aliasing (any order: 2x, 4x, 8x) when combined with any liquid detail setting above low. http://imgur.com/a/r75J4 It is not a huge deal, since nothing freezes, and it only happens under water or occasionally looking up at the sky, but I thought I would post it here regardless. Running OS X 10.12.2, Metal API, gtx670 GPU (with Nvidia webdrivers)Gothique3 Jan 15
Jan 14 Minimizing game messing up resolution? Hey all As of today, whenever I minimize WoW (CMD + Tab) and go back into the game, something happens with the resolution where the only thing on the screen is the bottom left of my initial resolution, as shown in the screenshot below. To fix this, I've had to restart the game, but every time I go out of the game to check something, and go back in, I get the same thing. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks! https://i.gyazo.com/808861a0f1fbca20d5a02f1d46843d22.pngKevin9 Jan 14
Jan 14 Uninstalling on OS X, Interesting Issue Okay, there are dozens of posts on how simple it is to uninstall WoW on a Mac. Simply drag the WoW folder to the trash can and click "Empty Trash." As a guy coming off the Genius Bar, I'm well aware of the simplicity here. However, it only cleared up about 5GB of the 32GB it took up. I installed it on my base-model MacBook Air (with a 64GB SSD) just to see how it would play, but when I saw I only had 3GB of space left, I deleted it. After deleting the folder and everything in it, I had 8GB free. Anybody know if WoW is storing files anywhere else, so i can figure out where my other 25GB of space went? It's not that I was using it, but I'd rather not have phantom files taking it up.Ashandarei8 Jan 14
Jan 14 Windowed Fullscreen Hides Dock Hello again, Mac boards—I come to you with yet another "I'm sure this is fixable but I can't seem to figure out how" issue related to older versions of OSX and WoW. The other day, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my 10.9.5 install to 10.10; Yosemite seems to have many of the same problems that I had with El Capitan when I tried it this time last year, but for the most part they seem more circumventable—I was even able to get the system text to be mostly not blurry (though it's still bad in some places, it's not nearly as bad as 10.11 was). About the only wrinkle I've come across that I haven't fixed or otherwise found a way to live with is with WoW. I run a dual monitor setup—my primary monitor is the one with my dock and my menu bar, and the secondary monitor is used almost exclusively for entertainment, and it's the secondary monitor that runs WoW in windowed fullscreen mode. My menu bar does NOT extend to my secondary/WoW monitor, but I can't recall if that was a change I was able to make through system preferences or if I had to do some terminal chicanery to get that to work; I know I had to use the terminal when I temporarily upgraded to 10.11 last year, but it just Worked™ going from 10.9 to 10.10 so I'm unsure (or if that might be the cause and/or solution to my problem) In 10.9.5, when I was tabbed into WoW, I could still see the menu bar on my primary monitor and use my dock. After the 10.10 install, having World of Warcraft as my active application hides both my menu bar and the dock. I could live without having my clock be readily accessible at all times (though I'd be sad), and I guess I could live without having ready access to pausing iTunes too (though I'm already sad about losing my old iTunes keybinds and using the dock for it is much less convenient already), but... I'd really rather not, if I could help it :P I'm reasonably sure this is a problem that is solvable on my end, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. The closest I was able to turn up with a google search was a thread from six months ago, but as the original poster (or the replies) didn't post which version of OSX they were using I'm both not sure it's the same issue (there were a lot of problems with windowed fullscreen during... one of the betas anyway, though I don't recall if it was WoD or Legion now) and if it was, what they did to fix it (if they ever were able). Thread in question, btw: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747695573 I know it's kind of a crapshoot asking for help with older OSXes sometimes, but it's been real nice not having to wait 30s for the "hey 10.9.5 is deprecated and we won't support it" message to finish hanging to launch WoW, and I'd like to get my work/playflow back to its previous norms if I can, haha.Basanti1 Jan 14
Jan 14 Random Screen Freezes Just playing and screen starts to bug out and freeze and then have to force quit and restart to even get back into game. Tried updating add ons, and cache and all the other tricks. Was wondering if anyone had anything on this, just started today from patch.Daprofìt9 Jan 14
Jan 13 All realms incompatible Al the realms suddenly say "incompatible"!Tholaren1 Jan 13
Jan 13 The weirdest ALT-TAB issue Ever. So, here goes. This began when the patch was released. I can alt-tab all day long. I can bounce from app to app and never miss a beat. Game runs smooth as silk, no problems. Until someone whispers me in-game. If you btag whisper me, no problems, but if its a pink whisper, my client will bug out, causing the mouse pointer icon to become about 4 times larger than it should be. The game FPS drops significantly also. it seems the only way to correct this problem is to either go into the game system settings and select fullscreen under the graphics options. This is a bandaid fix. The issue crops right back up if you alt tab. To clear the issue completely, I have to restart the game. I really shouldn't have to restart the game every time someone whispers me.Hellwraith0 Jan 13
Jan 13 Lost my Ultra settings on New MacBook Pro 15" Hey Guys and Blizzard, I have recently lost my Ultra settings options for all my video options in WOW. Im running the new MacBook Pro 15" Retina with Touch bar with the Raedon 460 4GB GPU and 2.7 I7 with 16gb RAM. I had it all set on ULTRA before and now.... it doesn't give the option to goto ULTRA HELP!!!Raskal1 Jan 13
Jan 13 Game won't download The game Client won't download to my computer. I have gone through all of blizzard's suggestions including disabling the firewall, deleting all old blizzard files and similar files as well, and other measures. This all happened after 7.1.5 was released. I even erased my computer and started with a brand new OS X, but it won't even download the battle.net installer app. My internet connection is more than good enough. Any help is appreciated.Díego4 Jan 13
Jan 13 Gamma you making me crazy! 7.1 I have an iMac with OS X 10.10.5 and like so many other patches my gamma is messed up. In the past I've had to fiddle with in-game graphics setting and eventually the game setting stays put. Today, with patch 7.1, the gamma is all wanky again **sigh**. Can anyone tell me why this happens with every patch, and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening? To be specific - I like my gamma setting fairly bright and I can make changes in the game where it looks right but then as soon as I toggle out of full-screen mod to look at something on my desktop then the setting revert back to its dark and dreary self. Please help. Thanks :)Fandora18 Jan 13
Jan 12 Game crashes after zoning After I zone into an instance and leaving a battle ground the game crashes. Any fix for this issue?Alerielle1 Jan 12
Jan 12 Battle.net launcher chat is laggy Over the past couple months, I've been having a handful of issues. The big one is the slow loading screens, and that issue has all sorts of posts without resolution so I don't need to rehash it. I was unable to find anything that pertains to this other problem with regards to the launcher - specifically with the chat feature: While waiting for my slow load screens, I often alt-tab and try to message Real-ID friends on my list, but over the past couple months, when I send a message in chat it won't show anything for sometimes 5-10 minutes until after the messages are sent - it just loads an empty chat window. I'll often get through my load screen in wow, and see my sent/received messages there and they still haven't appeared in the battle.net chat window. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!Whitedove1 Jan 12
Jan 12 freezing up long loading screen crash freezing up long loading screen ever since patchModel Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac13,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 8 GB Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B0A SMC Version (system): 2.11f14 Serial Number (system): Hardware UUID: 67E24EB8-6FAB-5DC0-A4E9-F7DDF65E10D1Bodai0 Jan 12
Jan 12 Game not loading or playable since patch Ever since I downloaded the patch I've not been able to get into the game itself. I can log onto my bnet app just fine and even talk with friends, I can get to the character screen to choose which toon I want to log onto and then from there I can not get into the game. I get stuck at the loading screen to log in for a toon does not matter which one and the game does not load. It is just stuck. I did uninstall all my add ons, the game and reinstall the game plus a couple of other "tricks" I read to try via the forums but so far the game play is not happening. I am on a Mac and it is less then a year old so I am rather at a loss right now on how to fix the issue and get in game.Ildiavola0 Jan 12
Jan 12 MAC randomly lags until i close WoW app Computer Specs: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Description: Hello, the problem i am having is my brand new Mac desktop will randomly lag until i close World of Warcraft, so bad to the point it looks like i'm seeing a picture of my screen every 5 seconds, the lag instantly stops right when i close the WoW app. I tried lowering my settings all the way to 1, also i tried changing "Metal" to "OpenGL", when i do this, the lag does stop but WoW keeps randomly crashing. So either way i seem to be screwed. i tried every viable option and this is my last resort, please help! PS: the lag will randomly start when playing WoW, it could be 15 mins or even an hour before it starts lagging, and the lag continues even when i minimize WoW and doesn't stop until i close the application. it's not all the time but the question is "When will it happen" and not "will it happen".Spahz18 Jan 12
Jan 12 Guilde Bonjour je suis a la recherche d'une guilde Québécoise (Pas un grosse guilde ) (Alliance) Surtout pour m'aider a me gear je suis actuellemt 843 Merci :DHelpablo2 Jan 12
Jan 11 game crashing at load screen 83BEB37-00E6-40C8-B7BA-A4D06AC713FE happening over and over, all characters effected, began when i tried hearthing to dalaranBarebrain12 Jan 11
Jan 11 Moving this over, from "Patching Problem" On regular Tech support forums, as no one is talking about it here and I'm on a Mac. Add me to the list. Been trying to get the patch in and get on since this morning. "Waiting on another installation or update" Battle.net update eventually goes through. Doesn't restart or anything "Play" button becomes "Update" button. I hit it. I get bored waiting for it to finish "fetching encoding table" (usually 10 minutes later). I come back to it (actually hours later, as I went to work) and it's back to "Waiting on another installation or update" and trying to re-update the Battle.net launcher. I've done all the "delete this that and the other thing" so called fixes. It's still doing it. *Edit: Now I've completely uninstalled the Battle.net launcher. Tried to reinstall and I'm just getting a tiny bar that says "Updating Battle.net." It's stuck at about 70%. Can we please stop "fixing" things that aren't broken just to break them for giggles?*Philotas1 Jan 11
Jan 11 Multiple Monitor/GPU setup Help gurus! I have a MacPro 5,1 that has a GT120 and a GTX650ti (EVGA) that I play on. Now, here's the dilemma: I have an Apple LCD cinema display 23" connected via DVI to the 650ti and an Apple LED Cinema display 27" connected via mdp to the GT120. I want to play on the 27" display, but have the game client use the 650ti. Is this even possible?Sylvanelf9 Jan 11
Jan 10 2015 5k iMac w/ M395X heat and crashing Hello, Poorly handled issue warning, hopefully I don’t cause anyone physical pain reading this due to lack of information. I purchased one of the new 5k iMacs over the new year: 27-inch, Late 2015 4.0GHz 8GB RAM 3TB Fusion Drive AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB Unfortunately, playing WoW seems to have proven a bit much for the lil’ guy. Not ‘running game with so many pixels causes fps issues’ bit much, but ‘computer turns itself off’ bit much. Several early attempts at playing WoW resulted in the computer shutting itself off in a variety of scenarios, from simply sitting in my garrison to attempting raid finder. Initially I put the issue down to the 3rd party RAM I’d installed and so ran a tonne of tests on that to reveal nothing. I finally bought a 3rd party temperature/fan control program which showed the GPU diode was regularly hovering around 90-95 degrees celsius just afking in my garrison/Warspear, and easily over 100 in 25man raid instances. Keep in mind that this is at what I would consider pretty low graphics settings – everything barring particle effects and models being set at low, and sunshafts/fancy lighting/outlines disabled. I understand trying to run ultra settings would be a bad idea on one of these machines. Of course, Apple don’t accept any diagnostics from 3rd party software so that and the anecdote of ‘it’s hot then turns off’ doesn’t help much. The machine is currently being tested at an Apple store so I don’t have too many specifics to provide offhand sadly. There was a total of one kernel panic report I received across numerous crashes and thoughtfully did not send this to another computer. The only info I can remember from it is ‘type 14=page fault’ and that one of three extensions identified in the backtrace did refer to AMDRadeon. Useless without the context of the whole report, I know, I’ve handled this whole thing pretty badly I’m afraid. I’ve just got off the phone with the store and they’re saying it’s passing tests with flying colours and suggested I ask around to see if any others playing the same game have similar issues, though I haven’t seen any cases of it around these forums so far :\ Curious as to others’ thoughts on the matter. Completely open to the possibility that I may be doing something wrong here that I’m unaware of, but I’d hope that running at the same (or lower) settings my old 2012 has no issues with would not cause the computer to overheat so much it turns itself off.Fino20 Jan 10
Jan 10 Updating to Sierra Hey all, I've been having some framerate/graphics issues recently that jumped up with the new patch, and it seems like I'm being told the best way to get rid of them is to update to the newest Mac version to fix them. Right now I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6 on a late 2013 iMac. I actually updated to Sierra in an attempt to fix issues back at the beginning of November, when 7.1 dropped. I run with Razer products though (Anansi, Nostromo, Naga), and so when I updated, I didn't have updated Razer drivers, and it threw my computer into a recurring kernel crash at startup until I grabbed a non-Razer mouse. Once I got the update from Razer that made the crashing stop, I was able to use my Naga again, but there were other issues- modifier keys didn't work with the mouse, which made WoW pretty hard to play for me. I ended up downgrading from Sierra back to El Capitan, where I've sat now without much desire to upgrade. People with Razer products: do they function with modifier keys now? (shift/ctrl/alt) Does Sierra actually fix graphics and framerate issues?Merellia0 Jan 10
Jan 10 Still no fix for slow mouse on 5K iMac? Even with the new patch today, it doesn't look like the slow mouse issue is fixed. I have to use the hack still and go into settings, check the mouse sensitivity box, tab out, tab back, uncheck the mouse box (or just cancel out of the settings). All is fine after that. I am shocked this still has not been resolved.Debug0 Jan 10
Jan 10 MAC AddOn Problems So I recently downloaded CLCRet and ReforgeLite and I can't get either of them to show up. They are in my addon folder. They look just like all the other addons that I have. When I log in they don't even show up in my addon panel. These are the only two addons I have had this issue with. Any idea what I should do?Arcaostiire25 Jan 10
Jan 10 Outline Mode Weird Box Lines Hello everyone, Just throwing this out here to see if any other iMac 5k users are experiencing this issue. Well, I'm not sure if it's an exclusively iMac 5k issue. I have outline mode (high/low no matter) on, and very often when I mouseover certain targets, there appear some faint but significant 'residual' lines in a box around the mouseover target. I have a hunch that it's due to the render scale (mine's at 55%), but would anyone like to weigh in on this? It's quite annoying since it breaks immersion (i.e. I'm suddenly aware that I'm playing a game in a breaking-the-4th wall-esque manner).Proletaire9 Jan 10
Jan 10 [Not Resolved] FPS drop from Ground Abilities Ever since the patch dropped, I've been having issues with a particular ground effect spawning and causing my FPS to drop to 0 for a good 5-10 seconds. This only seems to happen the first time the ability is cast, as subsequent times, my computer doesn't lock up unless it's been several minutes since it has spawned. The ground ability I'm talking about comes from Ymiron, the Fallen King's Bane (the shadow circles on the ground), Cordana Felsong's Deepening Shadows (the growing patches of purple/green), God King Skovald's Ragnarok (when it generates fel flame patches on the ground), and Maiden's Sacred Ground (The holy patches that spawn under a player).Etamalgren21 Jan 10
Jan 10 Movie Recording on 5K iMac is miserable! Not sure what has changed but in WoD I was able to record using the in-game movie recording feature at a decent resolution (1080p H264 files) and didn't see a horrible drop in a frame rate. Legion on the other hand, terrible! I tried recording some arena games last night while my graphics settings were on "5". My movie recording settings were at the bare minimum settings. Upon recording, my FPS went from the 35-45 range down to 8 fps or below! My computer's specs: • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 • Radeon R9 M290 2GB • 256GB SSD • OS X Sierra I also run at 50% screen rendering or whatever that setting is called. Am I better off just using a third-party screen recorder?Stastro8 Jan 10
Jan 9 Screenshots not working The last screenshot file in my Screenshots folder is dated 12/31/2016. I've taken several screenshots since the 1st of January, including a few last night, but none of them are in my Screenshots folder.Eilyssana0 Jan 9
Jan 9 Twitter integration broken? I've attempted to enable Twitter integration, and failed. I check the box to enable it, then click the Login button. A UI frame comes up, but the area inside the frame is completely black. No buttons, no nothing. Do I just need to wait longer for everything to load, or is it broken?Eilyssana0 Jan 9
Jan 9 Sierra or Not I come here largely to gauge how well WoW is running with Sierra, which I have not yet updated to (still running El Capitan). I have a 5k iMac with the R395 and am running under Metal and its working mostly smoothly. The only problem I've experienced is certain text getting cutoff if I run at 2048 X 1152; 1080 or 1440 work fine, although 1440 will lag a tiny bit if I keep graphic options up where I like them. So... should I really upgrade? I'm seeing a good number of complaints. Or just keep waiting.Yogopher6 Jan 9
Jan 8 Loading screens are slow again Past couple of days I find my loading screens are very slow again. It did get better after the upgrade from Apple, current and latest version. The screens loading much better after that update but now I find they are getting longer and longer each day.Rexigar4 Jan 8
Jan 7 macOS Sierra GPU Panics Simply running around Orgrimmar, and BOOM! *** Panic Report *** panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f87ee6bce): "GPU Panic: [<None>] 3 3 7f 0 0 0 0 3 : NVRM[0/1:0:0]: Read Error 0x0061002c: CFG 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff, BAR0 0xd2000000 0xffffff90b000b000 0x0a5480a2, D0, P3/4\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGraphicsControl/AppleGraphicsControl-3.13.78/src/AppleMuxControl/kext/GPUPanic.cpp:127 Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address 0xffffff909efdbae0 : 0xffffff8004af211c 0xffffff909efdbb60 : 0xffffff7f87ee6bce 0xffffff909efdbc40 : 0xffffff7f857f22d9 0xffffff909efdbd00 : 0xffffff7f858be052 0xffffff909efdbd40 : 0xffffff7f85a9259e 0xffffff909efdbd60 : 0xffffff7f858906fc 0xffffff909efdbd80 : 0xffffff7f85933ec7 0xffffff909efdbe00 : 0xffffff7f857da3a4 0xffffff909efdbec0 : 0xffffff7f857a6da8 0xffffff909efdbf00 : 0xffffff8004b2a28a 0xffffff909efdbfb0 : 0xffffff8004aa0af7 Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleMuxControl(3.13.78)[23DC1B25-E50B-33AB-B46B-EA57AAEF9AF8]@0xffffff7f87ed8000->0xffffff7f87eebfff dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsControl(3.13.78)[EA7D81D6-21DB-378C-B03B-7CF0F3E5B3E5]@0xffffff7f87ed0000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[4F7FB6AD-2498-3F71-827C-ED7AA4BF2511]@0xffffff7f85605000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[6F8D3ACB-27CB-3B57-9E06-53E377762F5C]@0xffffff7f85332000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(513.1)[578F9D07-96F4-3F09-A6A6-047F257CB3BA]@0xffffff7f8574a000 dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert(1.1.0)[7D89A61E-ED4E-32C7-8CC2-1D5B7E76E498]@0xffffff7f87ed3000 com.apple.nvidia.classic.NVDAResmanTesla(10.0.2)[B274DF1B-F19D-3132-BDD2-0EDC64389215]@0xffffff7f857a1000->0xffffff7f85a09fff dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[6F8D3ACB-27CB-3B57-9E06-53E377762F5C]@0xffffff7f85332000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(513.1)[07F97C14-C6EE-3577-9875-8BA38DDCBCCD]@0xffffff7f85791000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(513.1)[578F9D07-96F4-3F09-A6A6-047F257CB3BA]@0xffffff7f8574a000 com.apple.nvidia.classic.NVDANV50HalTesla(10.0.2)[51B677B0-3288-360A-B0E7-213640716598]@0xffffff7f85a15000->0xffffff7f85cbdfff dependency: com.apple.nvidia.classic.NVDAResmanTesla(10.0.2)[B274DF1B-F19D-3132-BDD2-0EDC64389215]@0xffffff7f857a1000 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[6F8D3ACB-27CB-3B57-9E06-53E377762F5C]@0xffffff7f85332000 BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task Mac OS version: 16C68 Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 16.3.0: Thu Nov 17 20:23:58 PST 2016; root:xnu-3789.31.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 Kernel UUID: 8DF81F81-019F-348E-B47E-40A4484B9E21 Kernel slide: 0x0000000004800000 Kernel text base: 0xffffff8004a00000 __HIB text base: 0xffffff8004900000 System model name: MacBookPro6,2 (Mac-F22586C8) System uptime in nanoseconds: 1448936115920 last loaded kext at 8906471718: com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC 1.70 (addr 0xffffff7f87630000, size 32768) last unloaded kext at 211442145744: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCI 1.1 (addr 0xffffff7f860ed000, size 126976) loaded kexts: com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC 1.70 com.apple.filesystems.autofs 3.0 com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor 1.9.5d0 com.apple.driver.AGPM 110.23.14 com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog 1 com.apple.driver.AppleMikeyHIDDriver 127 com.apple.driver.AppleMikeyDriver 278.56 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA 278.56 com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient 3.6.4 com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry 1 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics 10.0.2 com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet 1.0.1 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager 5.0.2f4 com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl 1.2.15 com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 10.0.2 com.apple.GeForceTesla 10.0.2 com.apple.driver.AppleHV 1 com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin 1.0.0 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC 3.1 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking 4.0.0 com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC 1.0.0 com.apple.driver.AppleSMCLMU 208 com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport 5.0.2f4 com.apple.driver.AppleMuxControl 3.13.78 com.apple.driver.SMCMotionSensor 3.0.4d1 com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless 1.0.0d1 com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib 1.0.0 com.apple.BootCache 40 com.apple.filesystems.hfs.kext 366.30.3 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader 404.30.1 com.apple.driver.AppleIRController 340 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBTCButtons 252 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBTCKeyboard 252 com.apple.iokit.SCSITaskUserClient 394.30.2 com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage 295.20.1 com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4331 800.20.24 com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI 5.5.5 com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort 326 com.apple.iokit.AppleBCM5701Ethernet 10.2.7 com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager 161.0.0 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons 5.0 com.apple.driver.AppleRTC 2.0 com.apple.driver.AppleHPET 1.8 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS 2.1 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC 5.0 com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC 1.7 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient 219.0.0 com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall 172 com.apple.security.quarantine 3 com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet 8 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 219.0.0 com.apple.kext.triggers 1.0 com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl 3.13.78 com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib 278.56 com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib 525 com.apple.iokit.IOSurface 153.3 com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily 11 com.apple.driver.AppleSSE 1.0 com.apple.nvidia.classic.NVDANV50HalTesla 10.0.2 com.apple.nvidia.classic.NVDAResmanTesla 10.0.2 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController 1.0.14d1 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController 278.56 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily 278.56 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily 205.11 com.apple.vecLib.kext 1.2.0 com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginLegacy 1.0.0 com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily 1.0.0 com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily 6.0.0d8 com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP 2.2.7 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI 1.0.14d1 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport 5.0.2f4 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport 5.0.2f4 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily 5.0.2f4 com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert 1.1.0 com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport 513.1 com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily 513.1 com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsControl 3.13.78 com.apple.driver.AppleSMC 3.1.9 com.apple.filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext 1 com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice 394.30.2 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageDriver 131.1.1 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMultitouch 258 com.apple.driver.usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice 1.1 com.apple.driver.usb.networking 5.0.0 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice 1.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHub 1.1 com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice 394.30.2 com.apple.iokit.IOBDStorageFamily 1.8 com.apple.iokit.IODVDStorageFamily 1.8 com.apple.iokit.IOCDStorageFamily 1.8 com.apple.iokit.IOAHCISerialATAPI 266 com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily 394.30.2 com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family 1200.12.2 com.apple.driver.corecapture 1.0.4 com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily 4.6.5 com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily 288 com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController 1.0.3b4 com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient 1.0.1b8 com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily 3.2 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCIPCI 1.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCI 1.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostPacketFilter 1.0 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily 900.4.1 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties 1.1 com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM 2.1 com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime 2.0 com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily 2.0.0 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily 1.1 com.apple.security.sandbox 300.0 com.apple.kext.AppleMatch 1.0.0d1 com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore 2 com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity 1.0.5 com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager 1.0 com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost 1 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 1.1 com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController 1.0 com.apple.driver.DiskImages 444.30.5 com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily 2.1 com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily 31 com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore 28.30 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform 5.0 com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily 2.9 com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily 1.4 com.apple.kec.Libm 1 com.apple.kec.pthread 1 com.apple.kec.corecrypto 1.0 Model: MacBookPro6,2, BootROM MBP61.0057.B11, 2 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.58f17 Graphics: Intel HD Graphics, Intel HD Graphics, Built-In Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, PCIe, 512 MB Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353637334648302D4346382020 Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353637334648302D4346382020 AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x93), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.24) Bluetooth: Version 5.0.2f4, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1 Serial ATA Device: PNY CS1311 240GB SSD, 240.06 GB Serial ATA Device: MAT!@#$ADVD-R UJ-898 USB Device: USB 2.0 Bus USB Device: Hub USB Device: USB Receiver USB Device: Card Reader USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad USB Device: BRCM2070 Hub USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller USB Device: USB 2.0 Bus USB Device: Hub USB Device: IR Receiver USB Device: Built-in iSight Thunderbolt Bus: Please help Thank you!Thunderlust1 Jan 7
Jan 7 False 'not meet minimum spec' warning Just a heads up: starting today I have been getting a false 'system does not meet the minimum spec' warning message. I have 2 video cards installed, and for some reason the BNet launcher is now seeing my second card (a gt120 which is not even hooked up to a monitor) and triggering the warning. Game runs fine still other than the warning message. I am running a Mac Pro 5,1 tower with a gtx680 as the main card, and a gt120 as a backup /w OS X 10.10.2 WoW up to date.Lucilius0 Jan 7
Jan 7 No Error Reporting Causing Crashes edit2: nvm. just crashed with no addons running. bla. the blows. -- Edit: Think I figured out the issue. I realize I am no longer getting the old error reports. I used to get them 2-3 times a night, but would always dismiss. Now, i'm getting none. I just tried playing the game with 0 addons, and it seems i'm not getting any crashes. IF I run ANY addon, i get crashes. I tried only running with skada and got a crash. Tried running with just recount... again, crashed. I realize i'm getting no errors popped up though. Instead, the game just crashes. Did they remove error reporting? -- Game continues to crash at completely random points since 7.1. boss fights, trash, questing. I have completely deleted the game and reinstalled. removed all addons and have update the 2-3 I have used for years. Have never had any issue. The game completely shuts down with no warning. Literally have to start the game again. This causes other issues as well. Some abilities like pet whistle don't function properly. This is extremely frustrating.Adroi0 Jan 7
Jan 7 Reason for Slow Loading Times? Loading times on my 5K iMac with a fusion drive takes anywhere from 5-7 minutes. It is literally faster to fly to dalaran than using hearth stone regardless of where i am in the broken isles. My macbook pro does not have this issue, however it does have an SSD. Everyone I have talked to that has this issue has the same problem, non SSD hard drive. Most likely Blizzard did something in the 7.1 patch that changed the file structure of the game that makes it optimized for an SSD file directory system. While SSD's are very common now not every system has one. For me I chose the hybrid fusion drive because I wanted internal storage greater than 500gb which was not an option without a crazy cost, and can not adjust it without voiding my systems warranty. I run the same OS and updates on both my computers. Fresh clean install on the iMac of both the OS and the game has 0 affect. All the system data they are capturing does not indicate what hard drive is in use. To test the issue I setup bootcamp on the iMac. There is no difference in load times on windows or mac on fusion drive, both ridiculously high. 5-7 minutes of load bar is not reasonable for a game at this time. The issue is clearly in the build of the patch and Blizzard is taking way to long to either explain the issue or correct it.Dånnå4 Jan 7