Mac Technical Support

Aug 30, 2012 WoW "downloading updated tools" every launch I run a late 2009 i5 iMac with OS with 10.6.8. Pretty happy with the patch overall except for 1 detail. I run 2 copies of WoW, one for each of my accounts (my second account is almost entirely for storage/AH purposes) and although I have no trouble running 2 copies at the same time, one copy of wow is "Downloading updated tools..." on every launch. I wiped my WoW clean during WotLK, installed and updated fresh, and then duplicated that folder. Since then I play these essentially as 2 seperate games. I don't copy-paste settings/files from one to the other, and I update them seperately. My main WoW updated fine and is running on the 64 bit application file. I am entirely unsure how my WoW copy is running because I've only been able to download the patch once (and again, I do not copy folder-to-folder). My WoW copy folder does not have the 64 bit app in it and has to download these tools upon every launch. I play on a use stick internet from Saudi Arabia. It's playable, but when it comes to downloading, I sometimes think dial-up modems could teach it a thing or two--this download upon every launch is, at best, very tedious. How can I get my wow copy to patch? or should I reduplicate my main WoW folder now that it is updated? If so, which folders do I need to back up to save my addon preferences built over so many years? Any direction here would be greatly appreciated; thank you.Lemonpeppery1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Heating and Fan Issues w/ Retina MacBook Pro Prior to this patch, I'd run my client on Good settings and I would only hear the fans in raids and the heat would seem normal. Since the patch, I've set my graphic settings to Average and my fan goes crazy and my MBP gets extremely hot just by sitting in an isolated area in Stormwind. Is this something that is being looked into? At this point, it's not even worth playing if my machine goes into overdrive without even moving. Here are my specs: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B00 SMC Version (system): 2.3f32 Intel HD Graphics 4000: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 512 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x0166 Revision ID: 0x0009 gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8] NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M: Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x8 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0fd5 Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3688 gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8] Displays: Color LCD: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2880 X 1800 Retina: Yes Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPort System Software Overview: System Version: OS X 10.8 (12A269) Kernel Version: Darwin 12.0.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled Time since boot: 1:53Bellåtrix4 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 I keep disconnecting from the server This just started maybe fifteen minutes ago. First, I started lagging. Then, after maybe a minute, I got disconnected. I try to reconnect, and the game won't even let me log in. I finally reconnect, and after maybe two or three minutes, I disconnect again. Reconnect-- again. I forget how many times I reconnected and disconnected-- but the second last time, I was on the server and connected and in the game for maybe thirty seconds, and I disconnect. I reconnect-- and maybe thirty seconds is spent on the character screen, and I disconnect again. This is quite troublesome for me, and I'd like to know how this problem can be solved.Murua2 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Black screen/Sleep mode...again I had this happen a long time ago and then again last March. Last March I tried all the options everyone gave me with no resolution, literally, after several days of frustration it just started working again without black screening (I was so grateful - just in time before I went to the genius bar and shelled out all my cash). I logged in yesterday, raided no problems, but at the end of the evening...black screen. I can hear the game, I can move my character, but all I have is a black screen. Today I get barely 5 minutes before it goes to black screen. Windowed or fullscreen the screen goes to sleep. So very frustrating. Here are the computer specs: Hardware Overview: Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i3 Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 4 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B01 SMC Version (system): 1.59f2 Serial Number (system): QP0500X4DNP Hardware UUID: 49EF5830-37E8-59C7-BDC0-91A3C4422174 And the graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5750: Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5750 Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x68a1 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-B9710C-238 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.417 Displays: iMac: Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPort Mac OS version: System Software Overview: System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53) Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes Time since boot: 23 minutes This only occurs while playing WoW. It isn't over heating - not even hitting 70 C These are the actions I have taken so far: 1. Check for updates 2. Disk Utility: verified & repaired disk & permissions 3. Ran Repair World of Warcraft 4. SMC reset 5. Reset temp files (Cache, Interface, WTF & cache in Data folder) I have also turned off all sleep modes and set for no screen saver I am guessing it has something to do with the updates currently underway since I cannot find any issue with the computer itself. Please help cuz once again I am stuck unable to play my favorite past time.Anglachel15 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Resolution Issues I just did the update and optimization and when I logged in, the menu buttons were hanging off the side of the screen by about 1/3. I have adjusted the resolution to all those available and they only make the problem worse. When I load the game, my bars are all cut off and chat is half missing. Is anyone else experiencing this? Macbook Pro 2.8 ghz i7 4gb ram OSX 10.7.4 Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB graphicsLuurs1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 No add on bar,auction not working right Okay so first my specs: CPU: 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo RAM: 4 GB (ddr3) Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6450 OS: Lion 10.7.4 game: all the way up to cata Now my issues: 1. I have no add on bar on my start up character screen. 2. When I go to the auction house in Exodor (although I haven't tried anywhere else) and go to browse nothing shows up. It tells me there is NOTHING in any category for auction. I've tried deleting the interface and cache folders and then running the repair tool but that didn't do anything. Any ideas anyone? ThanksAkinaa1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 can't play, only loads to 90% Hello, I finally got the 5.0.4 patch to download on my computer, but I'm at an impasse what to do now. Unfortunately I am unable to play the game due to it freezing up, and eventually disconnecting, when my character loads to about 90%. This counts for any character I choose. This only occurs when I have the "IPv6" option checked...when it's not checked, I can't even log in, it immediately disconnects me when I hit enter with my pass/authenticator info in. I had a similar issue with the beta client, to which it was deduced that it was the college's campus that was causing this issue. Now, I was under the assumption that the beta client's server and the live server had two different ports, which caused the beta to be blocked and live not to be...was the live server's port information changed with this patch?Immapriest4 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Login screen freeze when exiting (temp fix) Not sure if anyone else has had this, but with all the things that are going haywire right now, I wouldn't doubt it. Sometimes, when you exit the game from the login screen (hit ESC, hit quit, w/e), it freezes and leaves you with the login screen stuck on your screen. Commands and mouse responds, but even if you cmd+tab, cmd+m, switch Spaces, it sticks. The only solution I've found is Cmd+Esc to bring up Front Row. Opening then closing front row seems to get rid of it for me. Not sure if its a problem just for me, but incase anyone has this, this'll fix it until Blizzard fixes it.Niernen0 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Disconnected from server. "You have been disconnected from the server." I get this right at retrieving realm list. I have tried using the knowledge center, deleted my WTF, Cache, and Interface, closed all background programs. And it still happens any ideas??Khanituz32 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Launcher will not open. So yesterday I had downloaded patch 5.0 and played it just fine, even though my game was a little slow, but I just blamed it on my high pop realm. So today I open the launcher and it says this: An internal error occurred, please restart. If problems persist contact customer support. So I restart my computer and the first thing I see is the wow log in screen. I thought that was weird so I exited and opened the launcher and it gave me the same message it did before. Help?Bloodrendz7 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Please Stop Making New Topics If you have a new issue that isn't described in any of the existing threads, then by all means, make one. But if it's about overheating or 100% CPU usage, it should go here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412493648Stormtides2 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 my macbook is overheating again i have a 2011 13" macbook pro my problem is the fan. pre 5.0.4 i was able to keep the fan/comp heat at a minimum. the fan would only run if i was in a heavy raid scenario/pvp scenario/crowded org but now when i open wow the fan goes nuts and i don't feel comfortable playing on it out of fear that it's wearing out the hardware progressively. i have all settings at lowest, max fps at 30. i have done /console ffx 0 as well would checking for graphic card software updates help at all? is there anything i can do to prevent the overheating?Floaties2 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 "Failed to apply patch" Anyone else getting this when typing in password? Went through entire 2 hour download and it is completed and when I click on patch it tells me it is up to date.Gwynnde4 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Looting needs to be hotfixed? Posting this in Mac forum because i am on a mac. Although i dont think that has anything do to with the problem. For some reason when i log into the world and start playing, everything seems fine at first. So i say ok lets go run some old school dungeons i dont achieve for yet. Running through great, kill some mobs, then when i loot i get the rainbow ring of death. Only for a few second than back to normal. Now here come a boss, killed perfectly, no glitching. Lets see what he has to loot, nothing special, but oh wait (rainbow ring of death again).. Although this time it is more serious and after coming in and out of rainbow ring for about 5-7min i am then DC and have to force quit the application. This has never happened to me before and and am very concerned as to why this is happening. I can play pvp, dungeons, raids, duals.. everything but loot. Is anyone else having this same issue or maybe has a solution? Anything would be greatly helpful. I would really love to start playing this game again.Huntardrobb0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Mac OS X Support Update ( No More 10.5.8 ? ) Hello – several of us who use OS 10.5.8 have been running into the problem where we can download the World of Warcraft Beta Setup for the PTR but are then unable to run the setup. I suspect this is because Blizzard is no longer supporting OS 10.5 beginning with the MoP pre-patch and expansion, but confirmation from a Blue would be greatly appreciated. I found a Blue post pertaining to this on the EU tech support forum, but it might help for the information to be stickied on the US Mac tech support forum as well. Below is the entirety of the EU post, which dates from June of this year. Thanks in advance! (Lurdlespor – June 8) ... (Lurdlespor – June 9) ... Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4551989773Yseut4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.0.4: Macbook Pro Retina Display Settings? I can't wait for the native updates...! I'd love to see what everyone's settings are with the new patch... I have: - 2.7GHz i7 - 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 512MB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M I was using "Ultra" settings out the box pre 5.0.4 and it was getting slow in some areas. I'll update this with my new settings once things clear up and I can get in the game.Roenne4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.04 launcher/downloader feedback OSX Mt Lion Much improved. Old launcher and background downloader would crash every 100 megs or so (15-30 minutes on my awful internet connection). Once patched to 5.04 its working great. I am downloading it onto my old laptop from scratch. It hasn't crashed once, gracefully handled my connection going out totally for several hours too. Thanks for fixing it.Maaxi0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Very strange texturing... When i log onto WoW the ground texturing is colored in strange colors some parts black. its freaking me out, all objects and buildings are normal coloring and texturing until i look at the ground and it almost resembles a rainbow coloring system: only for the ground texturing.Beremir1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Freezes after killing bosses. My game freezes for atleast 3-5 minutes after killing a boss in ANY dungeon/raid. Or when I scroll over the loot table. ALSO it crashes constantly.Spop3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Will bootcamp help with heating & FPS Issues? Has anyone has tried running bootcamp with Windows to see if this fixes some of the issues people are having with heat and FPS?Gworr2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Assertion Failed! WTF!? Hello WoW Community, I hope you guys can help me out here. I'm trying to reinstall WoW on my MacBook OS X Version 10.5.8. I downloaded the Full Game Client only to find out that my Mac version cannot support it. So I tried downloading the Start Client and everything went smoothly until I tried launching WoW. This is the message I receive (even after I used WoW Repair): "Assertion Failed! file: signature file /User/Shared/BuidServer/wow2/work/WoW-code/branches/wow-patch-4_0_0-branch_GM/WoW/Source/Mac/../Client.cpp:3578" Can someone tell me how to repair this? I wanna play some WoW!Leonhartt1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Unable to Start Game after Patch Ignore me if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I was able to get through the Optimization process with no issues, but now I'm trying to download the patch. I got to about 22% before it gave me the Play button. After having the black screen problem, I changed my settings to 32-bit. Now, when I try to run the game, it says "Cannot stream required archive data. Please check network connection." My network is slow, but it has always worked. I was running Cata 2 days ago without an issue. Anybody have any ideas? I tried deleting agent.db (I read in another thread that it could be corrupted) and when I re-launched, the progress bar stopped working. It appears to still be downloading (the remaining download amount is dropping), but I can't play. Oh, I'm on a MacBook Pro 10.6.8 Thanks!Iscz0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 MBP 64-bit or 32-bit client? Just a quick question: I'm on a fairly new Macbook Pro laptop. (2.4GHz, i7, 8GB RAM) Should I be using the 32-bit or the 64-bit client? What, in your view, is the main difference? I ran the 64-bit last night and the fans went full speed and wouldn't slow down the entire time.Stibs3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again. Yes I'm on a college internet, I've redownloaded the entire game client twice already. Tried alternate patch solutions, nothin. Should I just go to starbucks and try it there?Jetslol3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Texture corruption of some sort (Mac) I seem to be getting some kind of (what I can only describe as) texture corruption with certain floor textures, after the patch. Relevant screen shots: http://imgur.com/a/c9CLA#0 (Please excuse the out of sorts UI. I have been more focused on getting things to run than reorganizing my characters, etc) I am assuming that my video card is no longer supported, which is why this is happening; but I am posting this to confirm and/or attempt to find a solution. I currently use this pile of garbage to play wow: Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini2,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 2 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz Boot ROM Version: MM21.009A.B00 SMC Version (system): 1.19f2 Serial Number (system): YM8463S5YL1 Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001FF3447C6D Complete with this wretched on board "video card": Chipset Model: GMA 950 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x27a2 Revision ID: 0x0003 That said, perhaps there is some kind of pallet swap fix I can do, or something of that nature? I have reinstalled from scratch, played with video settings, turned off all addons, and so on. Any ideas (outside of getting a new computer, which would fall under the "things I have already thought of that are irrelevant to questions I am asking" category)?Eyevory4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Temperature of Macbook Pro Sorry for the 2nd post. I just opened world of warcraft and my computer went from 74 •C to 95 •C and i haven't logged in yet. When i logged in, it got to 103 •C and it will most likely go up when I start an instance or a BG. Is this normal??Chëlsea1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Hot Laptop recently i got a macbook pro. brand new 2012. i used to play it on my desktop but this is much faster. the only problem is that it gets burning hot and pretty much burns my legs. (I don't have a desk, but using a desk is not the point). It also creates a really loud fan noise. and sometime the screen gets really hot. i just don't want to burn my new laptop.... what can i do so it doesnt get so over heated? i hope im in the right forum..Chëlsea4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New patch not downloading. Hello! Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find anything that could help me out. I have a mac os x version 10.6.8. Normally when a new patch is downloading the background downloader would do its thing and I open the launch window it downloads some other stuff and I can start to play. But with this new one (MOP) nothing is happening. I open the launcher and it just wont download and I can't play either. So i open background downloader and it gives me "ERROR- This download is not authorized" ? But yet its downloading ? I really don't understand or know what to do if anyone can help that would be great! Thank youJazzmyn4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Combat lag issues? Fixed.Kiingfenix0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Game crashing during graphic intensive pulls? So I was anticipating the 5.0.4 patch today very much. Once I got home from classes and whatnot and maintenance was finished, I loaded it up, updated some of my add-ons that I figured were needed, and got to dealing with some of my toons. I ran Ultraxion in LFR as a Guardian just fine, I left after that test run(I was lagging like crazy, roughly 4 fps at the start of the pull, or something really dumb like that) and figured "okay, it was just the normal LFR lag whatever no big deal". I ran a WoE later on after that with no problems, but now after running End Time's Ruby Dragonshrine, I disconnected right after the first Sacrifice and my girlfriend disconnected right as I pulled, this time on my Prot Warrior. I'm running on a late-summer 2010 Macbook Pro, and my girlfriend is on an early-summer 2010 Macbook Pro, both are 13" models. We run with our graphics at the lowest settings except for a select few things as we are raiders so we need to see things like bad fire and whatnot. I was looking around and seeing the most common issue being that graphics cards aren't supported, I'm hoping that's not the case as our laptops are hardly 2 years or older. I've also seen people say that removing their WTF folder has helped with their issue, but their issues are different from ours. We can't have our game crashing in the middle of farm pulls, that will cause frustration, and even worse during the progression at the start of MoP. Please give some sort of solution other than buying a new computer, thanks.Algekevin3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is upgrading OSX worth it? I currently have the late 2009 iMac, with the poor performance with WoW I've lost my hope on playing WoW on a Mac for now and looking to buy a new computer. Although, I've heard some reviews saying upgrading OSX really improved performance. I have 10.6.8 ATM and running 40-60 FPS outside Stormwind with everything on low. Also WoW goes to 30 FPS tops with a skype call and drops to 20 FPS in combat. I don't really know the specs you guys are looking for so if you need more info I'd be happy to repost more info. 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory 500GB or 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive ^ All copied and pasted from http://support.apple.com/kb/SP576 my computer is the lowest 2009 model.Realprotank8 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Poll: 10.6.8 and Beta ? Hi, My system was fubarred - I'm in the middle of a 10.8 upgrade (thanks Blizz for forcing me into that), and I'll probably have to do a clean client install. Just for statistical purposes - if you were/are at 10.6.8 and were in the Pandarian Beta, did you get hosed at the compressing game data phase? I got the unable to access some file in data directory followed by updater death. RomillyRomilly1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Patch downloads stopping mid-patch Everything has been going fine with the updated tools and optimization for the new patch. Once it gets to actually downloading patch 5.0.4 in the new launcher, it will download a bit, then unexpectedly stop even though my internet is still connected and running fine. I've had to sit in front of my iMac watching the download process and needing to exit out of launcher and restart it once it stops unexpectedly. Been doing this all day and it's getting tedious. Is there some way to stop this from happening?Arï1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Download not Authorized on Admin Profile. I open my launcher, because there is a new patch, apparently. It is being kinda slow, the news pops up fine and then it says it is downloading update tools, thats all cool, but then it starts to say that it cannot connect to the server, and to try again later. Okay cool, that is fine, expected because I am atleast 50ft away from my router with several walls in-between. So I decide to skip the middle man and open up the background downloader straight from my WoW folder. Well it looks like it is about to start downloading the patch when I get "Error: Download not Authorized." I go to the FAQ's on Battlenet and search the keywords. I find the article and it tells me to make sure that my profile is set up as the Admin profile on my MacBook. I do, I am. I try opening several times but I still get the same message, so it can not be my MacBook, unless I am missing something. Anyone know whats is going on, or having the same problem and found a solution. The input would be most awesome.Syldani4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Textures popping in and out Howdy, my girlfriend plays on a Macbook Pro and with the 5.0.4 update came a whole new set of problems for her and I to fix. The most recent is a dramatic drop in FPS and textures dancing about and popping in an out, usually in small triangular patches. Early 2008 MacBook Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 144MB Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 Please help!Superskilled5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Lag issues Been having serious lag spikes during "scripted" events, not sure what else to call them. For example During Hadronox or The Flame Leviathan my game freezes. It's also noticeable when doing AoE damage (I can get through the damage but i notice a slight stop in gameplay when the damage numbers come up). I've tried setting the graphics to low but that doesn't do anything. I've been playing for a long time and have done these events countless times and never had problems until recently. Any help you could provide would be awesome, I'm nervous about what I might encounter in MoP. I'm excited for that content and want to do what I can to avoid issues like this. Thanks Titan Hardware Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03 SMC Version (system): 1.20f4 Graphics Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2400 Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 128 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x94c8 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-B2250A-207 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.207 Displays: iMac: Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Display Connector: Status: No Display Connected Software System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0 Boot Volume: bv0 Boot Mode: Normal Computer Name: Owner1’s Computer User Name: Owner1 (owner1) Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No Time since boot: 14 days 8:18Titannica2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Could not connect to tracker! -Mac After clicking on launcher, Downloading updated tools... Appears and is stuck in the same place every time I open it. After a couple of seconds a message appears saying, " Could not connect to tracker!" and it closes the launcher. Not sure what to do, but i found this i have no idea if it helps. 19:29:16.3296 Launcher version 4.2.1.2756 19:29:16.3314 World of Warcraft version 4.3.4.15595 19:29:20.6387 Retrieving torrent information from the server. 19:29:20.6414 Tools patching... 19:30:30.0508 Could not connect to tracker!19:30:33.5589 Downloader disconnected.Saviouras5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 startup screen is messed up the pixels are ..........going black. i never had this problem with cata. im using a 2008 macbook. the cinematics are all messed up now too. my graphics card is an Intel GMA X3100. am i not going to be able to play the game with this computer now?Bubblerz47 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Terrain is dead Upgraded to the new patch, and while characters and objects appear ok, terrain is blinding, and awful. Pvp is unplayable http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9084/screenshot20120829at140.pngRobargedo5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 I cant connect to WoW server... I cant connect to WoW server. I used WoW Laucher but I couldnt click on the " Play" button. Could any1 tell me how I can fix it? And I cant download the 5.0.4 patch either.Felixxia0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 WoW-64, No Laucher, just goes to login self explanatory title, also have regular WoW and both of them don't have the launcher, as in the big red PLAY button, null :(, i login, connect, choose character, have 104% CPU usage, have 1.9GB of free memory, and 446GB of disk space, yet it disconnects, and when it doesn't, its around 10000ms of latency, although my Mac picks up Wi-Fi at 80 kb/s. I've also done the disk utilities, repaired everything(nothing wrong)Fluffles2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Guide for 10.5.8 OS X upgrade to 10.8 Well just like many of you i have been lazy person and not been updating my mac until today. Well for lazy people that didn't get the free CD 10.6 OS upgrade when it was available now you have to Pay $19.99 + $1.77 Tax to upgrade to 10.6 and after that you can skip 10.7 and buy 10.8 for $19.99 Call this number to order you Mac OS X 10.6.3 snow leopard and get started, It will ask you what you calling for and you just say " Buying Mac OS 10.6 Upgrade " and will direct you to a sells representative 1(800) 676-2775 MAC OS X 10.6.3 SNOW LEOPARD RETAIL-INT Subtotal: $19.99 Estimated Tax $1.77 Order Total $21.76 Once you've installed the Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard disc, your operating system will be at 10.6.3. Please click on the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner of your Mac to select "Software Update..." as necessary to bring the operating system up to version 10.6.8. Once you do, you'll see the client application called the "Mac App Store" in your Dock. If applicable, please proceed there to purchase, download and install Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The Purchase of 10.8 mountain lion is $19.99 If you do get stuck on one of the parts feel free to contact and they should be able to help you. -AppleCare - (800) 275-2273 -Customer Service - (800) 676-2775 Good luck all hope this helps :) Spâstìc3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New results! So after fully reinstalling wow and then updating to 10.8.1., I can now play smoothly! My cpu never goes above 84 degrees celsius, and framerates are good (30-40's). Although I did turn the graphics down slightly more compared to a week ago, I can't really tell any difference. Late 2010/Early 2011 Macbook Pro 13.3' 10.8.1 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Nvidia Geforce 320m 256mb If anyone else is having problems still and have the same specs as I do, perhaps doing a full wipe from your mac and starting fresh can help you. The wait is worth it. I can also post what graphics settings I am using if you want, just let me know.Valetto2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Reconfiguring game files... "WHAT DISC????" It stops on the "reconfiguring game files" (at 0%) and I now have the popup window: "Please insert the disc labeled World of Warcraft Disc 1"/ Tried that (disc 1, original game)... it said to insert the disc Tried the Cataclysm disc... same bloody message. What is going wrong?Aidenorestes5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Optimization via Launcher stuck on 0% Reconfiguring game files. Can I close and restart launcher or should I worry about file corruption?Chowar3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 iMac problems after 5.0.4 Patch Just chiming in that I'm also having problems. I keep my FPS capped at 60 but even when I hit 60, it looks like 20. And I get this weird "ripple" effect that starts midway on the screen and rolls downward from time to time. It's pretty much unplayable. I deleted my WOW, WTF and Cache folder and experimented with different resolutions and in windowed mode...same result. My machine also became extremely hot to the touch (not just where the graphics card is) and CPU usage is near 150%! I'm running 10.8.1 and have had no problems before the patch. I have the very latest i7 3.4 GHz 27" iMac with 16GB of ram and a 2GB video card. Specs below. I hope Blizz is working on a fix for this soon, and if I can provide anything else that might help, please let me know. All of the above problems happen in the 64 and 32 bit version of the client. Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F SMC Version (system): 1.72f2 Serial Number (system): Hardware UUID: 8FCF51F7-1293-56D5-A86D-C2E92DBA4549 Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 2048 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x6720 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-C2960K-152 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.507 Displays: iMac: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPortNoblesavage4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Intensive Lag Ever since the new patch dropped, I get severe lag spikes, up to 5 minutes of a frozen screen. I have all my settings on low except for view distance which is at fair, and I never had lag issues before this patch. What has changed so much that could be causing the most intense lag I've ever experienced?Zurial4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 #$..EARTH TO BLIZZARD..$# Ok, what is wrong with my launcher. Yesterday was fine playing the game before the patch came out. I could click on the only wow icon on my desktop, the launcher would open, i clicked play, and would continue to the login screen and play the game that i pay monthly for. NOW, since the patch: I went to click on the icon this morning, and it said something about reconfiguring files and put a whole buncha crap on my desktop (Logs,WTF,Wow.mfil, and a data folder). So now my desktop is cluttered beyond hell, and when i click the REGULAR icon that millions of players click each day i get "internal error, please try again or contact customer support". So i went into the wow folder, and found the WoW icon, clicked on it. Unlike the regular icon, this takes me DIRECTLY to the login screen. Iam still able to log into the game but everything is out of whack. Gameplay is un-playable. I walk around in cat form on my tauren druid in my normal body. Every loading screen is a BOSS with 300M hp, just everything has a delay. Now i did have this same problem prior to this post, and i totally deleted the whole game, re-installed and i worked for less then 24 hours. So basically im back to step 1, and im just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue. My IMac is a mid 2011 computer that costed roughly 2 stacks. So i KNOW its not my computer based on the simple fact of the year it was made, and second, it worked very well before the patch as i could play on ultra graphics with no lag at all. Blue posts are welcome (very rare)Amoraul6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.0.4 Trainwreck Game freezes, both 64 and 32 bit versions, after four or five minutes of play, may or may not recover. Opening bags is now an exercise is patience. Random DCs, FREQUENTLY. Play is jerky, onscreen action randomly accelerating and slowing, or stopping entirely. Now I can't close my bags. Now I'm on my third Force Quit to get out of a frozen session. Why are you collecting my user name and computer name in the crash report? WTF did you DO to the mage talent tree? I doubt raid will launch tonight because everyone will be trying to sort out their class, UI, talents, etc., and if this is meant as a tease for MoP it's a total fail so far.Importantous6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Issue with the launcher even dling patch My launcher just downloaded the updated tools, and then nothing. I launch the launcher and the area where the patch usually says its downloading just shows nothing, thus the patch isn't even downloading. I am on college wifi. I am currently on version 10.7.4 I said the 2 things above as if they could be an issue. If anyone knows the problem or the solution please let me know!Çørneliå4 Aug 29, 2012