Bug Report

Nov 2, 2010 Welcome to the Bug Report Forums! Welcome to the Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on the Live version of the game. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with the game. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Ujumqin3 Nov 2, 2010
Jan 17, 2014 Bug Report FAQ Hey Everybody! In an effort to reduce the number of sticky threads we have active, I'm creating this thread to cover a lot of common questions and issues that related to the Bug Reports forum. Notice: With each new patch changes are made to the blizzard UI that can break third party UI mods and cause any number of problems in the client. Before you report a bug, please disable (or delete) all of your mods and test the situation again. If the issue does not happen without mods installed then it is not a WoW bug and you should contact the mod creator for further assistance. -------- Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported in this forum that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. Realms are down, laggy or crashing. 2. Exploits, Cheats and Hacks. 3. Forum Avatar or Character Armory aren't updated 4. Problems with the guild UI when you have more than 500 players in the guild. 5. Haste effects do not apply the correct amount of casting/attack increase. 6. “Impossible” simultaneous actions. 7. No experience, loot or quest credit for mobs killed exclusively by pets or totems. 8. Counterspell/Kick locks down unexpected spells. 9. Website issues 1. Realms are down or crashing. Example: Players cannot get past “Authenticating” or the Hyjal Realm is not currently online. Blizzard Technicians continually monitor all of our realms and work to resolve issues as quickly as possible. QA does not have information about realm status. Information regarding realm status can be viewed at the Realm Status Forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011700/ 2. Exploits, Cheats and Hacks. Example: Several players are using cheats to win PVP. All reports of exploits, cheats, hacks or the players who are using them should be reported via the in game GM reporting tool or via our web-form at https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/wow 3. Forum Avatar or Character Armory is outdated Example: In-game character is level 70, forum avatar is level 63. The Forum information is not updated in real time, it can often take days or weeks for this information to update. This is especially true if your characters recently changed realms, or were a part of a realm-merge. 4. Problems with the guild UI when you have more than 500 players in the guild. Example: Characters do not show up on the guild roster after 500. The guild UI is intentionally capped at 500 members and may act unpredictably when a guild exceeds this size. We do not limit guild membership to 500 but recommend not exceeding it. 5. Haste effects do not apply the correct amount of casting/attack increase. Example: 20% haste only increases cast speed by 17% The formula for hast effects is: NEW_SPEED = OLD_SPEED / (1 + HASTE_PERCENT) This can be a bit confusing, but it assures that no amount of +haste effects will result in zero or negative attack or cast speed. 6. “Impossible” simultaneous actions. Examples: Rogue Vanish being broken by attacks, Two mages polymorphing each other, Paladin Divine Shield being dispelled as it is cast. Because of the Client-Server nature of the game it is possible for two mutually exclusive actions to occur at the same time resulting in some unexpected behavior. Although efforts are made to minimize these situations they will still happen on occasion. 7. No experience, loot or quest credit for mobs killed exclusively by pets or totems. Example: A shaman uses Fire Nova Totem to kill several quest NPCs and gets no credit. This is an intended behavior, a player must do damage to an NPC for it to give credit. 8. Counterspell/Kick locks down unexpected spells. Example: When kicked while casting a Healing spell, priest discipline spells are also locked out. Counterspell effects lock out schools of magic not trees. Discipline is a spell tree which includes many holy spells. 9. Unable to view items on armory, or character not found The Bug Report forums are only for in-game bugs or issues within World of Warcraft. For any issues with our support pages or websites, please visit the appropriate forum at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/Zorbrix1 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 29, 2011 Do Not Make Multiple Bug List Posts Greetings Bug Report Forums, While this rule is listed in our bug guidelines post I wanted to stress the point. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110 ... The way our system is currently structured we consider each thread its own issue and it gets researched accordingly. When we get list posts it bogs us down and they frequently contain a number of issues that have already been addressed in other threads. There are exceptions, such as the Quest Typo Megathread, but those are at my discretion. Please search the bugs that you find, the less threads about the same issues helps us immensely. Thanks again for all your help and all your reports.Sapperwix0 Jan 29, 2011
Feb 26, 2015 Information to Include in Bug Reports Hi Everybody, It's really important to include specific details when reporting an issue you're experiencing. Who - Character Name What - The problem you encountered Where - Realm Name + Location out in the world (zone, raid, BG, etc) When - Roughly when the issue encountered, or if an ongoing issue when it first started happening. How - Any steps you took to reproduce the issue Without this information, we often have to guess at what happened, or request more information from you - both of which slow down the process or lead to un-reproducible reports.Zorbrix0 Feb 26, 2015
1d Legion Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread Rather than making a single thread for every typo please post your typos and grammatical errors in this megathread. QA will regularly monitor this thread and document the bugs internally. There won't be a whole lot of communication in this thread but rest assured we're reading every post. If you're referencing a line of dialogue, make sure the include the NPC's name who is talking, and any relevant quest/dungeon/zone information as well.Zorbrix437 1d
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6, 2016
Nov 2, 2010 Bug Forums Guidelines Please be advised that this is not a discussion forum. This forum is a direct line of communication to Blizzard Entertainment's Quality Assurance Department to report issues. Unless a moderator asks for more information, all the critical information of a post should be contained in the subject and first post. Every post will be responded to in some fashion before being locked. When a thread is locked, it means we have sufficient information on the issue and won't require any further assistance. The stickies at the top of the Bug Report Forum contain valuable information to assist you. Please read them before doing anything. Invalid Posts Since we are strictly interested in issue reports on this forum, the following threads are likely to be deleted immediately: 1. Discussion threads (What do you all think?) 2. Invalid issue reports 3. Feedback / Suggestion threads. 4. Posts requesting information on the game. 5. Posts made on other forums (Don't spam.) 6. "Accomplishment" threads, threads to advertise screenshots unrelated to bug reports, and other "This happened on the server" posts 7. Posts requesting status updates on existing issues. Bug Reporting Guidelines o If you believe you have encountered a bug and it is preventing your character from progressing through content, preventing game play, a Game Master may be able to help. o State if custom UI mods are being used. Try and test bugs with NO UI MODS INSTALLED. o Supply screenshots where applicable. o Provide as much information as possible, give full names of NPCs, abilities or locations that are involved in the bug. Give ability descriptions as well. *DO NOT ASSUME* that the QA person on duty knows what you are talking about. o Use proper English, do not use slang, abbreviations or other unclear language when describing the issue. We can not address bug reports that we do not understand. o Create a single thread for each issue, lists of bugs are difficult to track and respond to, if you have multiple bug reports please verify that there are not already threads on them and then post them each in their own thread. Creating a Bug Thread When reporting a bug, we would like you to take the time and search the forum to see if your issue is already reported. While we won't delete duplicate reports, it will save us time if you know the issue is already posted and do not repost it. Using keywords (such as a unique element of a crash log or an ability name) is a good way to find threads. If you haven't found anything, start a new thread with your issue and put [BUG] in the subject while being as descriptive as possible. Additionally, if you have multiple issues, separate them into different threads. Unique bugs should get unique threads. Try to include steps to reproduce your problem. Be succinct. Leave out any opinions on the problem and focus on how best to tell us about it to help resolve the issue.Ujumqin2 Nov 2, 2010
11m Divine Purpose Visual As a paladin when my Divine Purpse procs I'm no longer getting the "gold border" around the spell icon on my bars. I get this visual cue with other spells and on other classes, just not Divine Purpose anymore.Maxander0 11m
26m macro for swipe requires cat form In 7.2, guardian druid, bear form, the following macro /cast swipe generates the error "Must be in cat form"Treebender18 26m
44m Eonar knockback bug on Mythic Who - Dellkin What - Many times during progression on Mythic Eonar myself and the rest of the raid began noticing legion forces suddenly moving at speeds much greater than what is normally seen from other adds of the same time. After using Typhoon myself , i observed the adds picking up speed after the the daze from my knockback wearing off. Here is a clip i was able to catch on stream of an instance of this speed up after a knockback https://clips.twitch.tv/BoredPleasantPigDansGame . As you can see i only hit two bats with Typhoon. Then shortly after you see these two bats moving at an increased pace, catching up to and passing the bat that is out in front of them. There were instances I did not catch on stream where a single bat knocked back near the bottom of the middle lane stairs, proceeded to fly past even faster than observed in the clip above. Speedups after knockbacks were also observed on fel hounds and fel lords as well. Where - Aerie Peak - Antorus, The Burning Throne When - Roughly between 7:45pm-11:15pm PST How - Steps to reproduce were to continue using knockbacks. Speedup did not seem to occur 100% but often enough that we ceased use of knockbacks due to speedups.Dellkin0 44m
1h Zeppelins bugged.. they are not porting to desired zone they travel the whole way in real time until it kicks you off and spawns you at a graveyard.. zeppelins not in major cities dont move at all and no npc around them ive tried relogging but does not fix the issue.Aelina0 1h
2h Kel'thuzad despawns i start the encounter and after about 45 sec everything in the room despawns then resets after about a minute.Minimethor56 2h
2h Loot window bug? I am experiencing a bug that is causing the loot window to close on its own after looting enemies. In order to be able to loot them I have to click on the corpse 3 to 4 times before the loot window stays open so I can look at the loot and click what I want. I have disabled all add ons, started a fresh WTF folder and the issue still persists so I assume it is a bug. Has anyone else experienced this? EDIT: More information This is occurring out in the world (all zones) and in instances. The issue started after 7.0.3 launched and is still there.Zazloe4 2h
2h Slow Fall DC's? Slow Falling/Levitating onto the ground from a higher point causes a DC. Tried disabling addons, changing graphics. Had this since I picked the game back up.Thoddius0 2h
3h Twenty Five Tabards Achieve Why does this continually show up in the recently obtained achievements on the achievement panel? I got this years ago but it seems to constantly recur as if I just got it again.Exos0 3h
4h No Dalaran Portal in Stormwind So I did the broken shores prequest on another character other than my main. When i logged in on my main it gave me the option of skipping the broken shore scenario which I did. All that is fine. Now the issue is that there is supposed to be a New Dalaran portal in the Mage tower but there isn't for me. My only way back to New Dalaran is to use my Hearthstone because I have no portal there. How do I fix this? I am guessing it must be tied to me skipping the scenario because I can still see a quest exclamation mark by the docks if I look at my map but when I fly there I can't pick it up. How do I fix it?Lhex27 4h
4h quest "We Have a Problem" (how appropriate) For quest "We Have a Problem" on an Alliance alt (main "Endrana" completed previously) Used account-wide unlocked beacon travel to teleport to Conservatory. Would not complete. left the area mounted, and re-entered. would not complete. Beacon traveled to another location and back. would not complete. Logged out and back in. Turalyon was finally there and was able to complete.Khadgara0 4h
5h Highfather's Machination bug Hi, Myself as well as other resto shamans on the Resto shaman discord (not sure about other healers) have noticed that this trinket isn't always proccing when a target with the buff from the trinket falls below 50 percent health. Could you please address this? Is there a reason for this (Such as only a certain number of targets can proc it at a time?) or is this an actual bug? Thanks for your time.Crysor0 5h
6h Survival Traps Guys I'm having trouble with some bosses, some who fly, or others who do not move, my traps simply are not working. This trap business being thrown on the ground is not working, I believe grenades would be more interesting. https://imgur.com/a/F1Tw9Rennerr0 6h
7h Randomly porting out of arena Me and my friend queued for one and then when I entered, I got ported out and sent to the violet citadel in new dalaran, I was in suramar when I queued for it.Medaendsolia0 7h
9h Between Us and Freedom Quest Between Us and Freedom Quest - I killed Bastillax and obtained the ability, but the quest shows incomplete. I killed him a second time and it's still incomplete and there isn't anyone outside the Vault of the Wardens.Zenera3 9h
11h Out of darkness - went AFK and now no mobs First I was doing the Out of Darkness quest for H Priest artifact. Went to Kraus landing, got on the gryphon, flew to the island and mounted my flying mount and flew up so I wouldn't get ganked then went afk. After I came back the NPC lady is dead, no mobs in sight, and can't get the original scenario to re-appear. Logging out, abandoning quest and retrying doesn't work. This is on my priest Stickerz on Dark IronStickers0 11h
11h koralons burning touch bug? last night I was doing my daily quest for my chest (A Reach)...so I turned it in and on opening the chest I received koralons burning touch...the problem is that I am a arcane mage and this is for a fire mage...is this intended or a bug?Kama1 11h
12h A New Invention - Essence of Pure Spirit Well, I made sure to browse the few pages to make sure I wasn't re-reporting this bug. Kinda surprised to not see a thread on this since there's so many complaints on Wowhead etc. regarding "A New Invention" quest to change the skin of Hati the Hunter pet--in particular, Essence of True Spirit. I've been checking that spawn area 2-3 times a day for over 3 weeks & have yet to see one spawned Seabound Mystic. Comments on Wowhead are talking about fixes including realm hopping? What the hell is that? Apparently, GMs are offering that as a solution? Really? How about you just fix the spawn rate?Soulrenderer4 12h
12h Dragon Soul LFR not tracking on Armory Dragon Soul LFR currently is not tracked properly on the Armory character sheet. no matter how many times I clear it, it won't update. All others work fine.Héarthas0 12h
12h Mercenary contract pvp brawls The Mercenary contract buff given to you in Dalaran seems to only work in regular bg's, but not brawls. Not sure if intentional, or just text missing in the buff as of 7.2Crimsonsaber4 12h
13h Aggonar fight, with a Rogue. 10:13AM Aug 30, 2017. This morning I found myself finally being able to get to Argus to do the quest chain leading up to "The FINAL BATTLE"!! ( Excitement) I get to the fight with Turalyon against Aggonar and much to my dismay I find that Activision (I won't call it Blizzard anymore, Activision has destroyed much of the game I loved) thought that it was necessary to either make Rogues purposefully have a longer fight time with Aggonar OR didn't fully test the fight before launching it. Death from Above!!! RAWR!!! Yeah don't do that. Bozo the Clown and his consorts didn't take into account that it puts you behind the target, into the pool of 100k+ damage a second pool of gunk Aggonar is standing in OR it's purposeful keeping our highest damage (1.7M'ish for me) out of our arsenal for taking him down. I'm not Mythic geared or anything, so my 3.3M health goes bye bye in 2 DfA's. Crimson Vial isn't enough to cover that type of damage between each DfA cooldown... so what's the option? Don't use DfA. Lovely. Thank you sirs for your attention to detail OR purposeful connection to the graveyard OR just asinine length of time killing targets.Praiseyou4 13h
13h game choppy and buggy Whole Game lagging and skipping while having frames at 70fps During raid Tuesday night Vs Portal keeper my game bugged out and black screened upon relogging i noticed that my who game is freaking out. skipping repetative reloading of bars and skills. please helpPriann0 13h
13h levitate disconnect i thought this had been fixed in ptr, but it still occasionally happens. i don't know what triggers it, but i just had it happen again. i was jumping in place a few times and popped levitate and dc'd as soon as i touched the ground. i dc'd because of levitate one other time on the vindicaar, jumping down from the control console.Remuurä12 13h
14h Reputation reset after log out I was grinding some reputation tonight to fulfill the ridiculous requirements to get Legion flying, and after becoming Revered with Valarjar and Dreamweavers, I logged out and back in to update my WoW profile. I wanted to plug my character into the wowhead flying calc to see what else I needed, but after logging back in all the reputation I gained with those two factions, and others, had completely reset. Edit: It happened on my DK, Azshira, on the Daggerspine server.Shambilance1 14h
14h Fatal Exception on Hounds of Sargeras Entire raid received the fatal exception during the fightPhreasyrage1 14h
14h Hunter Pet Stuck with Fel Damage Animation My feathermane pet is stuck with an endless cycling damage animation that cannot be cleared. I've contacted GMs and have not received a response. I've dismissed and resummoned Let it die and resurrected it Stabled it and brought it back out It has no visible debuffs when I mouse over it Nothing works and this morning I saw the same thing on another hunter. Same cycling animation in which green feel liquid pools at its feet and shoots into the air causing the pet to cycle through a damage animation ... endlessly. If it were another simple pet I would abandon and train it again but it is one of the green Wolfhawks and I don't want to go through taming it again. Is this happening to anyone else? If so were you able to clear the effect? If you were, how did you do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated :) ThanksEddricus2 14h
15h no rest buff in Tradewind Roost Inn Inn in highlands not giving resting buff. Innkeeper name is Harum Greyfeather in Tradewind Roost.Oliala7 15h
16h Im playing through Argus on my fresh 110 Im doing the quest line and I am going to run around and do the Achievement Shoot First, Loot later. However after I got lights judgement the 2 I checked ( after blowing up rocks) are just not visable I have not looted any of these chest and the minimap icon for chest even shows up but these chest dont show up to loot.Easyroad0 16h
17h Playing With Green Fire WQ It would seem Mistress Verdex is refusing to spawn. Been waiting for 15+ minutes now and still no spawn.Greathoudini0 17h
18h Tier 7 25-Player Warrior Helm on a Tauren Hey all, Today I was trying on some armor pieces, then when I got to tier 7, the 10-player warrior helm fits a Tauren fine, where as the 25-player version is a bit too small for my Tauren characters head, and a quarter of his nose breaks through the face of the helm. Has anyone else noticed this?Ruskiekai0 18h
18h Cobra Shot Visual Bug When you click Cobra Shot as your character fires an auto attack at the same time, the cobra shot visual is delayed.Flann0 18h
18h Can't complete "Lost knowledge" quest Can't complete "Lost knowledge" quest, because Thalrysa won't give me the option to buy the scroll of Elun'dris. i think it's because i completed the nighthold storyline first and she moved from the quest area.Brothlas1 18h
18h Honor Talent Bug All of my honor talents in my panel have no icon and are labelled "Pyrofireburn". I am unable to select any of them. When I switch to one of two of my four specs (guardian or balance) I get a notification that I have unspent talent points. This popup appears whenever I open up and close my talent panel or when I change specs. Update Discovered this is an addon issue. Not sure which but this post can effectively be ignored.Shivhappens2 18h
19h Singing sunflower bugging after 1st wave I had such a good setup and won the first wave, beat the first wave easy, then it just stopped. Nothing spawned. Tried again and the same thing happened. What do lolBaelfirenoir0 19h
19h River's Song & Dancing Steel illusions source Where: Appearances window > Illusions What: River's Song and Dancing Steel illusions say their source is Tome of Illusions: Shado-Pan Arts Tome of Illusions: Shado-Pan Arts does not exist. The actual source item is Tome of Illusions: Secrets of the Shado-Pan: ttps://www.wowhead.com/item=138794/tome-of-illusions-secrets-of-the-shado-panAdele1 19h
19h The Tranquil Forest Bugged The quest, the Tranquil Forest that you get from the scouting map for Val'sharah to start the zone is bugged. Khadgar isn't at the landing to meet the rep from Val'sharah to start the zone.Thundenarian2 19h
21h (Quest)Sowing Discord Impossible to complete. I leveled this character on the release of cata pre-patch and finished this quest just fine, now on my new warrior he just one shots me when he aggros, Making him close to impossible to kill for the appropriate level. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27580/sowing-discord http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45995/general-marstoneBxb12 21h
1d login screen flickering/flashing? so my game on the login screen is flickering/flashing... any ideas whats up?Ðárkmystic2 1d
1d Lost in the Deeps I've been coming out to Therazane's Throne to get the "Lost in the Deeps" quest for "Rock Lover". The problem is I never find ANY dailies up on any of the NPC's here. I know the quest I'm looking for isn't always going to be up or even very often but there should be one or more dailies up here everyday shouldn't there? Is it possible I'm stuck in some sort of phasing in this zone? I am exalted with Therazane.Starrefyre2 1d
1d Ice Block and Molten Touch Who - Wümbology What - Ice Block and Molten Touch Where - Fel Hounds of Sargeras in Antorus the Burning Throne When - When Fharg casts molten touch targeting a mage and the mage Ice Blocks in response How - If a mage happens to get targeted by Molten touch and they use Ice Block in response Molten touch causes the targeted player to be gripped into the air and spew out fire projectiles. If a mage Ice Blocks Molten touch the moment they are gripped in the air, they will drop back to the ground. When the player comes out of ice block the player is pulled to the fire side, gripped back into the air, and finishes the cast of Molten touch.Wümbology0 1d
1d die during grimrail cinematic Grimrail dungeon, WOD heroic. My players do this dungeon and after killing the final boss the game goes to cinematic mode where the train crashes. During the cinematic mode my players die. I am alive and have full health before the clip, but die when it happens. I do not have dots. No adds or bosses are alive. All of my players are being killed when the game goes into cinematic mode. This has been going on for several months and nobody has done a damn thing about it. And yes it has been reported previously via the ingame bug report system. You lot need to read and act on the ingame bug reports instead of ignoring them.Fiveofnine5 1d
1d Issue with tricks of the Trade For some reason I can't use Tricks of the Trade. Macro for it, the actual spell icon from the spell book, even typing /cast. I've disabled all addons, moved my WTF folder to the desktop to let it rebuild. Seems to only cast once after death then becomes unusable.Dlog1 1d
1d Vanish Doesnt Work Ive posted here like 5 times before made my own topic before and agreed with other rogues' similar topics. but yeah it gets broken by like literally any dot blah blah blah... still happening...Longos0 1d
1d Maybe He'll Get Dizzy Bugged I have been trying to complete this achievement for ages now and for whatever reason seems impossible to complete. The issue I'm having is that as soon as I zone into the instance the achievement shows up as Red(failed) in the track achievements panel. I've attempted to complete several times now including rolling for almost 5 min on my priest yesterday over and over again to make sure I did more than the left, right, left, right and still no completion.Kalnedra0 1d