Death Knight

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Death Knights: Please Read! Welcome to the Death Knight forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the death knight class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900901072#2) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Nov 15 Bursting Sores and Ebon Fever which of these is the best for pvp and pve?Deonick2 Nov 15
Nov 15 Anti Magic Shield AMS isn´t generating any runic power or, how does it generate based on how much magical dammage taken, because , in PVP situations you take tons of magic dammge and it bearly generates any RP, and the absortion From AMS is garbbage, 2 hits with anything and you are out of it. Even sometime when you get applied CC, it goes through your AMS.Dharok1 Nov 15
Nov 15 Bring back old Soul Reaper Legion one or even the WoD one. The new one is boringRingwräith6 Nov 15
Nov 15 Little nerf on last build? Necromancer's Bargain The cooldown of your Apocalypse is reduced by 45 sec, but your Apocalypse no longer summons ghouls but instead applies Crypt Fever to the target. Crypt Fever Deals up to 8% of the targets maximum health in Shadow damage over 4 sec. Healing spells cast on this target will refresh the duration of Crypt Fever. "up to" I dont know if it will make a big difference, or if it is just a typo. But the way i see it, its just adding RNG to the spell.Honma3 Nov 15
Nov 15 Bonereapers hook artifact appearance Last night I found professor putricides lost journal, went to ICC and through the trap door in the professor's lab, killed the stitch work boss in there and got the item "bonereapers hook" used it and got the achievement "hidden potential". But when I went back to boralus the only transmog options I have for legion artifacts are the same ones I had before (not bonereapers hook). Am I missing something here?Chairwheels6 Nov 15
Nov 15 DK PVP buffs What are we getting in 8.1? I played in the beginning of BFA where we had 0 survivability and the skill-reward wasn't worth it. Any updates?Raghavikk5 Nov 15
Nov 15 Druid or DK for 8.1? Got a question. for PVP/PVE should i go DK or Druid?Emorrot1 Nov 15
Nov 15 Blood stat priority Since when did vers become our best stat over haste? And why does it all of the sudden have an edge even though they both have the same function that they always did? I have been pumping myself full of haste the best I could and now I feel like a dumb dumb. Should I atleast change my gems and enchants over to vers for now?Redraider23 Nov 15
Nov 15 Get PoF off the GCD !! upvote this... nuff said. #MAKEFORSTGREATAGAINUnaffected12 Nov 15
Nov 15 Unholy DK needed changes Control Undead, needs to not take the place of our abomination. What is the point of unholy even having Control Undead when we give up 15% of our damage for a MC'd pet doing less damage. Unholy's theme should allow the abomination AND a Control Undead pet, the master of minions should have some special power here to control multiple pets, right? Abomination should be given its grip back or we should get gore-fiends back as a baseline DK ability. Dark Transformation shouldn't be on the GCD or it should be interactive to be used with runic power for a bigger damage buff on the pet. Army should be a shorter cooldown by default, 5 minutes? Unless it is paired with a raid buff or debuff, with it essentially being comparable to bloodlust in CD timer it should do more than it does. Maybe the minions give the raid a leech buff or empower other pets, something to make the CD timer worth it or let us use it more often.Acidrift1 Nov 15
Nov 15 Flavorful Suggestions for Frost DK PVP As per the title, what recommendations would you give to make Frost DKs competitive in PvP that is consistent with DK flavor? To start off, in terms of survivability, I think Frost DKs armor being covered in a magical rime allows them to shrug off damage - 10% passive damage reduction. Also, as far as mobility goes, it seems strange for an ice covered juggernaut to be particularly mobile, but rather it would be interesting if their mobility came from denying mobility to others. Like maybe a pvp talent that made it so that movement is capped at the Death Knights speed while within an X yard radius, and while Remorseless Winter is up, it cancels the first displacement effect used within its radius.Sanctus5 Nov 15
Nov 15 Return of blood dps? Bring back 2 hand blood dps.Abyyss6 Nov 15
Nov 14 Uh should get necrotic breath Like frost breath it drains RP looks green and instead of doing dmg it a stacking necrotic plague debuff absorbing 6% of the targets hp in healing per second to anyone in its cone. Wicked idea my dudesMercader2 Nov 14
Nov 14 Move the order hall. Legion is over either move it somewhere where our help is needed in BFA or move it back to EPL(preferred) legion is over and so is our job on the broken shoreSsnfivedkbtw15 Nov 14
Nov 14 Eye Color I know this kind of thing was never taken seriously in the past but with all the cosmetic changes I would be curious to see if this is a possibility. I would love to see a barber customization for us, maybe just add green and red, for our eye glow. It would be nice to see this as an option, obviously people can keep blue if they prefer. This would be a minor but welcomed change, especially since we are currently not looking to get any Allied races so any appearance options would be nice.Draekron18 Nov 14
Nov 14 The newer transmog thread! Old thread reached it's limit. Lets go for a 3rd maxed out one! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764326573?page=26 @Demonboyjr 9/10. I'd use a different belt, but that looks amazing!Stormdk161 Nov 14
Nov 14 How's unholy right now? Played DK for about 3 xpacs, but I stopped in BFA because I wanted to try something new. I miss it though, so I might bring back my DK! What's your opinion on Unholy for PvP and M+? Been reading around and apparently it's one of the least represented classes for both of them.Gghax41 Nov 14
Nov 14 Blood DK I'm jealous.Mooing11 Nov 14
Nov 14 Necrotic Strike in 8.1 Could anyone please explain what is being buffed with necrotic strike on the ptr? Is it just its initial dmg it does or is it absorbing more too? How much of a buff overall is it compared to live now?Abombjunior6 Nov 14
Nov 14 Cant use death grip while running ? Up until recentally my UI has been working fine I dont use addons.... But now I have to stand still to death grip enemies or to target them I cant do it while moving .... The issue is my Mouse wont let me click on buttons aka the abilties not binded to keys while moving anymore reloading UI and trying the fix did nothing at all I even tried swapping the mouse did not work either. Pretty sure this is a game bug..... I tried Techincal fourms but they were no help and no response at all..Clasmenethil3 Nov 14
Nov 14 Breath of Sindragosa Is this the only viable frost DK spec? PvE and PvP? I am considering alternatives for my enhancement shaman, but I really dont like the idea of so much of my dps being tied to a 3 min cooldown. (Which is why i dont like using ascendence either.) It just seems odd for a dual wielding class to have their hardest hitting ability be a spell cast. Do you guys enjoy Breath gameplay?Kahn33 Nov 14
Nov 14 Allied Race DK Suitors? Hello all, first may I preface this by saying I am not a lore expert and am seeking answers more than I am suggesting them. 1. Void Elves. As far as I understand, none of them were borne a Void Elf, but rather converted from the Blood Elves to seek a new power. Why would this separate their ties to their fellow Blood Elf death knights, when even their language transfers over between factions. I realize no Void Elf was raised by the Lich King himself, yet what is the explanation as to why a current death knight blood elf could not convert to the void? Is the whole undead thing stopping this from potentially happening? 2. Lighforged Draenei. Similarly to Void Elves, this is a race that answers more formally to a specific power (the light in this instance) and has seemingly abandoned their death knight brothers. If the light would not accept someone of an undead nature, then I suppose those forsaken priests have some answering to do, especially with Calias Menethil recently being raised as an undead light person. 3. Dark Iron Dwarves. This is not a new race and yet we pretend as if the horrors of the scourge left them completely unaffected for a great many years. It is hard to believe 100% of their race escaped the tragedy befallen many of their dwarven cousins. 4. Kul Tiras Humans. Kul Tiras did not play a completely idle part in the conflict with the scourge, yet due to the lack of specific examples I find it difficult to endorse their death knight potential. 5. All horde races. These all have excuses, whether it be as new residents from an alternate reality, a race lost in the sundering, or two isolated bretheren of current races that took no part in Arthas' or Ner'Zuhl's conquests. Please help me out here, as I would love for our class to receive the sort of recognition it merits! We should not be forced to reroll specifically for the purpose of playing a new race that we have been passed over for multiple expansions.Beerwalker12 Nov 14
Nov 13 Retiring my DK for BFA Maybe it's just regular burnout from playing pretty much the same thing since the launch of legion but I'm sadly just not having fun as a blood dk anymore. Unholy has and will remain in the dumpster imo as long as festering wounds are part of the kit and frost will never be fun duel wielding. Having no allied races sucks as well. Now to pick a new class... Suffer well friends.Ymira6 Nov 13
Nov 13 Holinka returns to WOW Holinka is back as the World of Warcraft combat systems and PvP developer. Taken from MMO-C: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/1053697167968362496 http://prntscr.com/l8dzjf Thoughts?Seratox11 Nov 13
Nov 13 Are DKs rewarding enough? Hey :) I'm not having much fun on my warrior right now and i'm looking forward to playing a new plate class. Not a big fan of paladins also and I have a passion for DK's lore/mogs, so I thought it would be a nice option. I already heard that they have some serious problems in 8.0 (mainly PvP), but I want to know if it feels good to be a DK overall in a more casual situation. My endgame is pretty much Heroic raids, low keys m+ and PvP for fun only. I play mostly as a dps, but tanking is important for me too. Thanks in advance!Thorinni6 Nov 13
Nov 13 Horde races xmog Hello, I don't care about racial for min/maxing I just don't like being an orc very much. Anyone care to link there dk so I can see races tmogs and hear opinions. Don't see a lot of dks this xpac to tell that way. P.S. I really dislike elfs so I'm mostly looking for Tauren, goblin, or troll because that's what I'm thinking. (highly considering goblin with the upcoming update) Thanks!Tasle25 Nov 13
Nov 13 UH DK ST? How is unholy doing on st like on a boss fight? I know the aoe is almost decent for trash pulls just curious where it sits on a boss fight. Also 1v1 pvp st I would think is fairly inportant. Its either unholy or rogue I guess. I just cant push myself to play these fotms much longer. Even rogue who is nearly as fotm as DH.Naenelis0 Nov 13
Nov 13 Petition: Remove the childish undead. I really think Death Knights need the skeleton models from BFA and a more non-goofy looking ghoul pet. Something menacing and evil. I understand that WoW is supposed to be kid-friendly, however, I truly feel Death Knights need to feel as fierce as the Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic. Nothing in that Cinematic looked goofy. Everything was dark and made you feel like there was no hope. Necromacers in Everquest got their awesome looking specter pets and their great looking skeletons. Nothing felt childish with those pets. I felt like I was a proper anti-hero/villain. Please make all the pets for Death Knights more serious looking. Examples: Goofy Skeleton with boots on like he's from dragon warrior. (Our current pet choice) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D5tgy8Ab3n0/ThmRZGTJH1I/AAAAAAAAACY/zf-WhwYnOPE/s1600/DK_anim04_2.jpg BFA skeleton - Far more serious and virulent. (BFA skeleton model) https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/small/795164.jpg BFA skeleton (troll) - wow is all I can say. He looks badass. https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/697229.jpg Ghoul I found online that would be amazing. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v903ZcBnsz4/UIHXbarmIkI/AAAAAAAABqk/7NMJaHxD2UI/s1600/WilhelmArt.png Another thing I noticed is that if you get rid of the hair on the current ghoul with the stupid pony tail and maybe tossed in some more serious looks to his face.. he would be decent.Poxilynn20 Nov 13
Nov 13 Removing or lowering the cost of Raise Ally In the hypothetical situation of a DK and Druid both entering a fight fresh with an ally down, the Druid can instantly res an ally, while the DK must spend at least 3 Runes (at minimum 2 GCDs) before being able to battle res. In the less hypothetical situation of battle, as a DK, Runic Power and Runes are my two resources that control my entire rotation, dps, and performance. A druid's mana (in general), simply goes down from 100%. Casting a brez in a fight as a Druid has nearly no impact on the druid's flow, other than a single GCD. With a DK, I loose on DPS as I have to use valuable runic power that could have been used on Death Coil's, not to mention the possible time to build runic power first to be even able to cast the res. More than once, someone has dropped mid raid and I am called out to pick them up, and either I have to wait a few more seconds to make sure I have enough RP, or if I fail to check before hand, I start running and have to make a 180 back to the boss to get RP and then return to save someone. Thoughts? Also I have never played a Warlock, so I don't know how they work rez wise.Selenitic4 Nov 13
Nov 13 Death Coil Why does death coil cost so much if it does 0 damage? And why doesn't it heal undead anymore? And why was lichborne removed?Kîlljøý34 Nov 13
Nov 13 DK worth gearing for pvp? I was going to main a warrior this expansion before I realized I needed a pocket healer. I want to play a melee but have heard tons of negative feedback on frost DKs and don't know how people feel about unholy. So my question is can I play frost or unholy in 2v2s or if not what melee should I pick? (mainly with a ret for my partner.)Hamburglar12 Nov 13
Nov 13 Blood or Unholy leveling? World pvp enabled as usual, so I'd like to be able to take on people in world pvp if needed to be. Not much of a dungeon runner but would be if I went Blood. Anybody have any advice or tips?Nømed10 Nov 13
Nov 12 Death Knight with Shield Does anyone else wish we could use shields? I personally always longed for a Frost themed tank spec that use 1 Hander + Shield. Or am I just crazy?Eldryk24 Nov 12
Nov 12 UH PvE Is it like bad? Or what? What's people's builds/stat priority?Bìde38 Nov 12
Nov 12 Placing Light's Heart I have started the class hall series and have possession of Light's Heart to place in the order hall. Every other toon I have done shows an outline of where it needs to be placed. There is no such outline in my DK order hall for it. I go where the spot should be placed but nothing is there and I cannot lay it down anywhere. This has put the brakes on this quest line. What have I done wrong?Vullon2 Nov 12
Nov 11 Best 2s spec Calling all my arena DK brothers and sisters. The whole 6 of you that are still out there. What spec are you having success with in 2s. I'm running with a holy pally as unholy and we seem to be hitting a wall before 1500. I honestly geniunely feel I'm a better unholy player. And my pressure can be pretty insane at times. But is frost just better in a 2s setting currently. What are you guys running with for a partner and what spec. And tips to help us break through this rogue preist spam in 2sCruelty5 Nov 11
Nov 11 How to play frost dk? I'm a FOTM blood DK and wanna learn frostJustthegrip6 Nov 11
Nov 11 Dk Hostility So for the brief time I've been back on my dk I've noticed this forum is one of the most toxic of all the classes. So I'd like us to suffer well together, and start by saying the next person to comment is the most handsome Dk of them all.Tasle28 Nov 11
Nov 11 Bring back 2h Frost for BFA So they finally locked the other thread. Unfortunately, people still want 2h frost, so here's to maxing out another one. Cheers.Rastas304 Nov 11
Nov 11 DK Tank in 8.1 How bad are the nerfs looking boys?Playstyle7 Nov 11
Nov 11 I think im gonna go ahead and level Idk why, I wanna play DK so bad lol. I like being able to tank or dps. I know DH is the obvious decision but I hate the thought of encouraging that class. So, I need to stack haste for UH. Who are the good UH streamers/YouTube posters? Thanks allNhyrotik5 Nov 11
Nov 11 Unholy or Frost: More Fun? At the moment, and based on what we know of 8.1, do you think that unholy or frost are in a better place, enjoyment and fun-wise?Verlius13 Nov 11
Nov 11 Heartstop Aura gone 8.1 For UH. Like why? Is it cause UH was actually sorta viable in arena world championships? Like I really don't get why they keep pruning....Bìde5 Nov 11
Nov 11 Macros I am trying to figure what to macro my on use trinket with. I was thinking unholy frenzy,but I am open to suggestions. It is an increase primary stat on use trinket.Gabríel1 Nov 11
Nov 10 Icebound BS and the walking dead Just came back to the game after being away for a while and I'd like to !@#$% and complain just a little about two things. Icebound Fortitude needs roots added to it BIG TIME. Not that it can break a root, but that you cannot GET rooted for 8 seconds every 3 minutes in addition to being stunned for that same 8 seconds. When you consider that DK is the slowest lumbering least mobile class in the game, this doesn't really sound like a huge request to ask that we have this for 8 seconds every three minutes. What the hell good is not being able to be stunned for 8 seconds when you're being spam rooted by a bunch of Druids and Mages at the same time!? Also: The most lopsided idiotic idea that Blizz ever added to this game was to give Warriors 'Fear' instead of DKs. What in the hell does a class that can leap half way across an entire battlefield need a damn fear for?!?!?!? If anything, DKs should have got that fear to help balance our absolutely pathetic mobility (the worst in game) period.. If you have insane mobility like a warrior or a mage or a monk or a DH, you sure as s!@# shouldn't have a fear.... Why Warrior has it is simply mind boggling.Saltymcgrump5 Nov 10
Nov 10 Suffer well. Suffer well today boys! Let's get some loot.Redraider0 Nov 10
Nov 9 how to get DK voice back? how do i get my dk voice back in settings? they took the option out but im nt sure if they just added it into something else or what but id like to sound like a dk again...Winterxd5 Nov 9
Nov 9 Unholy dk recommend buffs Recommended unholy dk buffs 1. make icebound fortitude into a passive 30% less damage taken 2. ghoul have 50% more hp and 20% damage less taken 3. make apocalypse a 30 sec cd instead of 1.5 mins 4. put in a 10% healing debuff on outbreak 5. buff all auras to 40 yard range 6. change deathgrip cd to 15 secs instead of 25 secs 7.buff necro strike to absorb 15% of targets hp 8.increase the raidus of death and decay to 40 yards 9. merge pvp talents pandemic unholy mutations and wandering plague into one also add that it has a 5% healing debuff - merge heartstop and necro aura together as one pvp talent Bring in new azerite traits 1. More dots : your outbreak and virulent plague now does an extra 100% more damage ( can be stacked 3 times) 2. what healing: necro strike now absorbs 30% of targets hp (cant be stacked) 3. more haste wanted: soul reaper now gives and extra 30% haste (can be stacked 3 times) 4. zombie appcalypse : apocalypse ghouls now last untill they die enjoy i know i did making thisIamhaaxx4 Nov 9
Nov 9 Unholy Mutation removed in 8.1 https://www.wowhead.com/news=287890/patch-8-1-ptr-28048-class-changes-monk-pvp-talents?webhook/patch-8-1-ptr-28048-class-changes-monk-pvp-talents y u do this -_-Aejosk29 Nov 9