Death Knight

Feb 20, 2013 DW AOE Rune of Rozorice help Assuming I can't switch my offhand weapon to a weapon with Rune of Cinderglacier on it, during AOE as DW frost is it beneficial to swap between targets and keep 5 stacks of Frost Vulnerability on 3-4 targets or even just 2 targets (for example heroic spirit kings or Stone Guards when 2 bosses are out at the same time) while still continuing my rotation and refresh them to 5 stacks when they are about to drop off. What I would like to know: Are they both dps loss? Are they both a dps gain? Is keeping it up on just 2 (in a heroic spirit kings or Stone Guards style fight) a dps gain but 3-4 (aoe fight) a dps loss? Is keeping it up on 2 a dps loss but 3-4 a dps gain? Any help is really appreciated, thanks.Nogad3 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 DK vs Mistweaver - Any tips? One of the main reasons I love being a death knight is our ability to effectively kill healers. I'm losing duels to this Mistweaver: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Phumanchu/advanced Not only can I not bring him down, I can't even get him to life cocoon AND he goes offensive against me and beats me in a semi timely manner for a healer, 5 min or so. It's becoming quite frustrating. Anyone out there able to wreck a mistweaver? How do you do it?Ghonorreus7 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 I'm Lazy I don't like thinking, would the smart theorycrafters please log on and tell me what I need to know about the new buffs. ThxRolli0 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Newest DK buffs in the works.. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861#20 edit: But sadly no defensive buffs, yetNobul15 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 New DK buffs With the new DK buffs *down below* Death Knight - Might of the Frozen Wastes to 20% melee damage, up from 10%. - Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%. - Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%. - Howling Blast damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time. - Scourge Strike damage +7.7%. what will be better now. Frost or Unholy? I'm automatically assuming frost because those buffs are BEYOND massive.Nósduh11 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 DK starter zone any1 else notice rayne is ridiculously op? her starfall 1 shots everyone. they just fixed maxwell and his bug only to have another start messing upGrôg1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 68% resilience and still being soft It doesnt really matter how much resilience we stack, we are still the glass cannon that is taped up from broken windows. on the top of being squishy, our damage is nowhere near perfect to compensate the trade off of our survivability, almost every single class in mop does if not equal but more damage than DKs while having twice amount the survivabilty. not to mention that we also have the worst mobility in the entire game. the true glass cannon such as mage or lock are so much harder to bring down than a DK, because they have amazing Defensive CDs and tools to help them escape and survive a focus fire while we DK can be completely locked down and punished from using any of our defensive CDS in one counterspell??? i can fully understand we may "need" a counter to shut us down, but taking away all of our defensive CDs is just too much. Being a frost dk was fun, it was so much fun when you could blow up some undergeared newbies with huge obliterate crits, but it ends now as everybody geared up and gained more resilence. we can no longer see huge numbers anymore, my obliterate with all CDs popped up crits for 20k on geared players. i mean WTF?? 20K??? while they slap my face with 60k crits?? our survivability is completely !@#$ and broken right now while our damage is not high either. the worst thing is the developers are fully awared of the problem with DK but refuse to admit it and do anything to increase our survivability. i am fine with not being able to see huge numbers anymore, but spend 70% of my time looking at the rez timer in the gy is not fun. Im not a terrible player, i love the DK class as all of you people here do, but its just not fun to watch our beloved class being ruined into a complete %^-*. the developers in blizzard needs to eat less fast food and work more on the issues with DK, if they stopped eating KFC ,they may regain their senses one day and fix the DK once and for all and hopefully that day will be the patch after 5.2. sorry for my terribad engrishSharastrasza8 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 RBG question I have a quick question regarding RBGs. It is my understanding that frost is currently the best RBG spec as it can cleave extremely well, but will Unholy be as good in 5.2?Maandrix2 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 DK PvP for 5.2 Is it looking on the upside for once? still pretty lackluster? I have't played my DK since 4.3, I'm not sure what these patch notes are bringing for the table for y'all. :3Galindá8 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Stats priority DW dk Hello, I was wondering what is the stat priority for a Frost DK. is it 7.5 hit/expertise > Mastery>haste>crit or 7.5 hit/exp > mastery > crit > haste thanks alot :)Arzin1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 unholy haste soft cap (simc) Has a breakpoint been confirmed somewhere north of 8100 haste? I get a pretty dramatic drop in haste value when simming using (just about any) positive deltas, enough so that crit easily overtakes it. If this is truly the case then I imagine we will likely be reaching this point in 5.2. I haven't seen any discussion on the topic but if it exists I would appreciate a link.Morty1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Thinking back to when... I first made this character in wotlk. He was a draenei on staghelm. Anyways, I was leveling a human warrior and, for awhile, I thought that you had to level a character to 55 and when you did so, it would give you the option to convert that character into a dk. Who else thought that?Conser3 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 "Saronite War Battleplate (recolor)" Mog Set It's disappointing (to me at least) that this is the only Death Knight starter look-alike without matching boots. I write this post asking Blizzard if it would be possible to add lootable versions in the near future? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29106Zarum6 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Frost DK Q's I havent played since Cata but just recently came back on my DK. So my questions are: 1) Is Dual wield or 2H weapons better for frost DK's? during cata dual wield seemed to be the way to go but i was in a scenario and a 2H did a lot better than me, even though he was about 50 item lvls higher i just wanted to know what's better now 2) What is the Exp/Hit caps now for both dual wield and 2H? Thats all i can think of now, ty for responses!Zrocker1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Maximize Blood Spec DPS I've started recently to try and solo some old raid , but I always get the enrige timer because my dps is too low . Is there any way to maximize the DPS , while in blood spec to get as much as dps we can ? . Like play on dps gear , or some specific gem or enchants Thanks in advanceNikekeke7 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Going for my first 90 I have a lot of questions. I have this here DK that I played on a few years back when I was first introduced to the game. I'm finally back after a 3 year break so I want to get rolling again. I took the Cata and MoP trials and used that time to level my DK from 80 to 86, well, 85 and 99.999999% Well anyway I really don't know what I like. Do I enjoy more DPS or Tanking I do not know. I like earning achievements, doing new dungeons for better gear, and making gold. What can I possibly do on this DK to make the most out of my enjoyment and still get far in terms of achievements, gear, gold, professions, alts, etc...? I'm so overwhelmed by everyone else because they have amazing gear and it makes me look puny. Currently, I am a herbalist and skinner, which I sell what I gather for profit. So far none of the Northrened herbs I gathered last night sold on the AH but we'll see as I begin to gather some MoP herbs. I also lvled a pandaren monk to level 22. But I don't know if I want him Tank or DPS. I learned of Heirlooms so I've been running dungeons on my DK for JP. I don't know where I'm heading with my characters but I do know that I'll be spending the next few days leveling to 90. Any advice would be much appreciated.Maizez1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Bone Shield and Survivability Full Disclosure: I'm posting on my DK so you can see I have one at 90, but he is not my main. I'm looking forward to getting into Heroics and LFR with him, but my endgame experience is limited. That said, I've seen a number of complaints about DKs from different sides and I think I have a useful idea on how to deal with one issue: survivability and the attractiveness of blood presence. 1. Change Blood Presence so it just gives the 25% increase to health. Then add the current 10% reduced damage and 55% armor increase to Improved Blood Presence for Blood spec'd DKs. This leaves Blood Presence somewhat useful as an "oh ----" button for non-tanks, but wouldn't make it as huge a boost for non-Blood spec'd DKs. 2. Make Bone Shield baseline for all DKs. It would retain it's functions: 1min cd, 5 min buff, 6 charges, etc. This would solve some survivability issues for Frost/Unholy DKs who generally feel like they're made out of paper once something attacks them. The Bone Shield wouldn't make them unstoppable juggernauts of death and destruction, but would give them the survivability boost they need. 3. Finally, give Bone Shield an extra effect based on the Presence the DK is in when he activates it. In Blood Presence, when Bone Shield is active, the DK receives an extra 10% health from all healing. In Frost Presence, when Bone Shield is active, Soul Reaper does Shadowfrost damage, rather than Shadow damage. In Unholy Presence, when Bone Shield is active, Death Coils generate two stacks of Shadow Infusion instead of one. These changes would reduce the effectiveness of Blood Presence for non-tanks, without hindering Blood spec DKs. It would give the non-tank specs a bit more survivability through Bone Shield. And the bonus effect on Bone Shield would further encourage players to be in a certain Presence for maximum effectiveness - and also provide two of the (from what I've seen) most asked-for buffs for Frost and Unholy DKs. Thoughts?Zlomort14 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Leatherworking? What profession do you like? Not sure why the sticky rates Leatherworking as one of the top profs for Frost? I took skinning thinking the Crit bonus might be helpful and mining for STA buff as blood tank, but just curious what others think of their professions as DKs? BTW we are seriously handicap'd leveling professions. Blizz give us a hand... farming low level mats sucks.Zebomoxe1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Are frost DK glass cannons? Would you consider Frost DKs a glass cannon?Sydek11 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Army of the Dead as a DPS CD for Unholy Would love to see this happen at some point for Unholy. 1. Instant Cast 2. Reduced to a 3 min CD 3. Damage increased by MasteryMethalos14 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 RP Help: Are DK's alive or Dead? I've been playing a Dk for years, but I've never been able to get a strait answer to this question: Are death knights alive or dead or some variation or can the condition vary from knight to knight?Rothvorel18 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Blood Death Knight 5.1-5.2 Tanking Guide Death StrikeInvincible9 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Rate my Xmog I put this together back in Cata and it was not even that difficult. To be honest I just want to know what people think of it over all and if there are any changes I should make such as going for the Heroic versions of the tier 10 Gear (they are blue instead of purple).Ravithor0 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 death knight in 5.2 ptr im kinda disapointed becaues there not as strong as wrath wich there a heroic class they should be like powerful and no there not op at all monks druids pallys warlocks mages are i think that blizzerd should buff frist make frost tank frost was badass as tank unholy was beast in pvp then in cat.dks just was a dk there not at the bottm but i dont think there op i thnk buff frost and unholymake frost tankBrutalbane3 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 DKs are in SERIOUS need of a survivability CD Dks (Frost and UH) Need some kind of passive health regeneration or a good CD that heals them for 30% instantly or something..The CD s that they have are decent but very lackluster compared to other specs..Also I feel like giving them a stun wouldn't hurt either. What are your opinions? (Im a Frost/Blood DK..I play Frost in PvP and im a PvP player) And before anyone says I need better gear..I've played on the PTR where everyone is equalDrellon29 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Survivability + Damage Output RATING. As of 5.1, How do you think what do you think about what is stated above. PvE Survivability? ____ PvE DPS Output? ____ PvP Survivability? ____ PvP DPS Output? ____ Thanks!Øuch1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 5.2 Blood Trinkets Are they as bad as they look? 1657 expertise hits below 35% give a 45k heal cannot occur more than once every 30 sec 2487 stam reduces damage taken by about 5% for your next 5 incoming swings 2 minute cooldown 1657 mastery increase health by 81k for 20 seconds. 2 minute cooldown 1657 dodge when you dodge, you have a 4% chance to gain 9935 mastery for 20 seconds. (while this seems amazing, its really not. Say you have a 10% chance to dodge, the chances of this proccing off any given boss swing is 0.4%, meaning you will see it proc once every 250 melee swings, which, on a 1.5s timer, equates to around once every 6 minutes and 15 seconds, giving it an uptime of 5%, meaning its pretty much 500 mastery. Compare that to the shieldwall trinket, which is much more predictable, on use, and its 1k passive mastery) are they so bad that we will we be using the spirit trinket that has a chance to proc a 30k absorb shield, or the agility trinket that converts crit/haste into mastery? These, along with our incredibly lackluster tier bonus (one extra death strike every 5 minutes? really?) make me feel like I'm glad I upgraded my shieldwall and vial of dragon's blood before it was removed, and I'm only looking forward to bloodworms.Runeheal9 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 How are you suppose to... Counter a frost mage and a hpal in arena...they couldn't kill me or my resto druid, and I couldn't kill them either..Broken game is broken.Vanshi8 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Understanding Death knight unholy spec Looking for the suggestions for spell casting balance timing order and anything posable for good casting and macros hard working spell casting so we have what we need to win.Verdrade4 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 ZG raptor still soloable? I've been looking for information to solo the ZG raptor boss on my dk. There are some guides and videos describing how to do it at 85; however, I'm not seeing anything about doing it at 90. Is it still doable, or was it only doable then due to how powerful a trinket (rotting skull) was for 85's?Kurogasa6 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Excel spreadsheet to compare BT, RE, and RC when I hit 75 I couldn't decide which talent to get so I made a mathematical comparison. This spreadsheet is mainly centered around a blood build who uses death siphon & blood boil (if you don't have death siphon just put 0). The inputs are in black and outputs in yellow. Whichever option gives you the highest "rune worth" is the superior talent. There are two outputs for runic corruption b/c I'm still not sure if it gives 100% bonus to your actual rune speed or your natural rune speed. If people request for specific builds I can change it up. Or you could play around with it.. it's not too difficult to figure out. Hope this helps! (Link below) http://ge.tt/6Hhv9jY/v/0Leetspin1 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 [Help!] Soul Reaper and Heart Strike I assume being the internet hasn't yielded results there is no way to macro Soul Reaper and Heart Strike into one button that modifies itself based on health percentage? If there is, please help! If not, blah. Blizzard needs to update Macros to accomodate for that and situations like it.Atraeus5 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 DW or 2H PVE DW? or 2h? and PVP DW or 2H? and whats the stat priority! (frost of course) thanks for the help :)Dedria10 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 well im thinking on making a dk. well as I said I think I might make a dk but yet I might want to remake a pally as im pretty gd with my pallys although I don't think I can stand to make another human, so I was thinking if I went horde either orc or undead, if ally gnomes or draeni, I don't like cows and I don't like belfs so, wat wuld be best as I also plan to do some serious arena with wat ever toon I pick, I love pallys but a also love dks, my top 2 fav classes, I just don't know who to pick. and if so, wat wuld be the best realm for some hard core pvp, ally or horde(preferably horde) I gues since I made horde toons in past but my highest was 80 as some people I met on my main realm on old account were douches? please helpSlity2 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 DK macro help Because I suck at macros, how would I go about making a macro the casts DG on my current target or shift modifier to cast it on my focus or cast it on mouse over? It should look something like this correct? #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift, target=focus, @mouseover exists]Death Grip; Death GripBaiyingai2 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Frost DK Macros/Rotation Can someone please list some decent Frost DK macros? And I mean besides the old PoF + Raise Ghoul combo.Spruun1 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Reg Lei Shi Trinket vs Upgraded Relic Which is better for dw?Vanshi0 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Upcoming Unholy Changes and possibilities I know with the new patch Unholy will do better than what we have in the past. I personally like the advantages of having diseases refresh with multiple abilities. I'd like to see the Devs do more with Unholy though, I'd also like them to bring the heroic feel back to all 3 specs. I know there has been a lot of things changing with Warlocks. It would definitely be cool to have some of that feel with unholy as well. Such as some kind of self corrupted changes like the pet has on the dk. With unholy we all know it's a class that relies on diseases and pets. But something feels a bit off from other classes that use pets. I am hoping as well that rune forging would be updated. I understand that you want us to still Death gate back to our beloved home, I haven't had to do that since I got the weapons I needed so it's not like I have to go there till I get a new weapon, which will happen in 5.2 but then once you get what you need back to not going there unless you have some achievement that you can death gate for. As for tier choices, as much as blood tap is the best choice, I think runic corruption should be a little better, maybe its because after all these years of being unholy and having that as a resource builder, it just feels wrong to use blood tap. Of course, the purpose was to give people choices on how to get their resources, but when you look at the other specs, they are still with their resource builder. Maybe have a runeforge that works like the monk ability of stealing weapons, but temporarily steals the soul of who it is attacking, and when it steals that soul you gain whatever resource is higher, just an idea. I think their are some things that does work for Unholy, or at least have a foundation to build upon. I really am hoping with 5.2 burst will be better, Timmy will do more damage, and diseases will do more with abilities re-applying diseases. Likes I said before, just would feel better as a spec if their was some abilities, changes or customization that would show the world why unholy is the master of ghouls and diseases.Deathewolf4 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Dk frost wtf i'm noob. So, i'm maining a frost dk right now, and i have a few question, so i'll begin with the easiest and scale to the hardest. 1) should i keep using howling blast, icy touch and pest strike as they are up or should i save runes for obliterates? 2)if i do have to just aply disease and then use frost strike and obliterate on km procs, will my obliterates be up when i need them to? because right now they're always down. 3) i'm talking on a bg pvp view, so obviously i want burst. 2h or dw? i'm still lvl 74 so i dont have soul reaper yet. keep taht in mind.Swutt1 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Still not understanding 2h frost When it say obli on KM procs if possible does that mean even if you have to sit there for 4 secs cause no runes are up but are able to frost strike? Also it says to frost strike to not get rp capped so does this mean to wait till close to cap to begin frost striking or just when you have resources to do so My concern is that I seem to be in alot of down time just auto attacking any info would be great, and if the info could be dumbed down a bit would help tons.Admiration3 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Army of the Dead vs. Stampede Question is, why cant we use Army of the Dead in Arenas, however Hunters can use Stampede?Indication15 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Soul Reaper 2h vs DW? This is the main reason I am thinking whether to go with a 2-Hander or Dual-Wielding. I am currently not up to the level, but considering this early. My spell book when I check the details for Soul Reaper has different numbers for the same ability (I understand that's fairly common). However the difference is huge: 2H about 11,000 damage after 5 seconds Dual Wielding over 40,000 is this right? tyRakaik1 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 I'm gonna do it this time I've tried numerous time to level a DK tank, I could just never get the hang of it. Can someone explain it like I'm 5 on how I should be using my abilities? Right now I open with: Icy Touch > Plague Strike > Heart Strike x2 > Death Strike > Death Coil for my RP dump. And then I just sit there with everything on CD. Is this just how low level tanking is going to be? Am I missing something really obvious?Grimwise13 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 need some help with pvp im new to pvp, this is the first season that i have tried arenas. my problem is i am blowed up by the other team in 2v2 before i can even really react. DKs just seem to be a soft target for other classes. and i really do not feel optimistic about the up coming patch when i see blizz making all these nice changes to other classes and only making crappy dk talents alittle less crappy.anyway my question is how do you guys ride out the other teams opening burst and survive to do damage.i understand that frost dks put out massive amounts of damage but not when im stuned and blowed up, a dead dps equals no dps.Dirtysamurai2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Soul Reaper Management Hello everyone, I had a question regarding managing this ability sub 35%. The way I currently do it is this: If soul reaper is on cooldown and I have 1 frost or death rune up but no frost or death runes will not be up when soul reaper comes off of cooldown I will not use that 1 rune. This ensures I always have a rune available to use this ability. The problem this creates is this... TONS OF FREE GCDS Hell, there have been times I have done nothing for the entire cooldown duration of soul reaper because I wouldn't have a rune available to use it when it came up if I used another ability. As 2h I have found myself at 2 unholy runes and can't use one on a obliterate because it would delay me using soul reaper. Can I get some guidance/ input on this?Edorps5 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Need some advice on Solo old raids Hi there I am stuck on two bosses and I was hoping someone might be able to help: 1. Festergut 10N - I read that AMS removes the Gastic bloat debuff, but it didn't work for me and I explode at 10th stack. 2. Mimiron 10N - last phase - any tricks for getting all three parts to die at the same time? Thank youDrovga2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 question for death knight pvpers who do you have the most issues killing? looking to make a new main and was looking at dkHerbform2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Which One? Raegwyn or Mione? which one do you like better, think is better and why? and if youre a deathknight and dont know who they are, youre a mess...Marvee2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 New Ideas 2 ideas came to mind while i was playing arenas: why the f*@# are we called death KNIGHTS if we cant even fight while mounted? It could work similar to the hunter pet system where we have a couple mount choices to use while fighting, each one giving a different buff or ability and a minor speed boost (the 100% would drop to 5-10% when the dk engages combat). the mount could either work as an individual target that the opponent can kill first to drop the dk off, or the mount could be a "part" of the dk, improving his survivability like an absorption shield that, once reaching its limit, drops him to the ground, only being able to regain his mount while out of combat (in this case the amount of absorption would be the same for all mounts, numbers would have to be balanced of course). the second idea is about death grip.. it is only logical that when you are pulling something towards you very fast, EVERYTHING in its path should be pushed aside cuz helooo laws of physics! when the dk death grips something, anyone near the DG target on its way back should be either knocked back or stunned, either that or simply everyone around the dk gets 1 of this when his target arrives. That would be a cool improvement to dks utility and would make the game a bit more realistic. This logic could be applied to priest's leap of faith as well.Ozunoo10 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 MAKING MY DEATH KNIGHT BETTER Ok so i have had this guy since mid Cataclysm, my friend and i shared an account so he did most of the levelling on this guy and I was levelling this guy in blood and thought I should give Frost a go, but I'm terrible at him. I need a good rotation that I can stick to, a good action bar setup would be helpful (screenshot) I also get annihilated in arena before I can really do anything I need help please!!Lichñes4 Feb 17, 2013