Death Knight

Dec 5, 2012 Bloodworms Why is there no way to disable it? Please give us something to turn off bloodworms.Rumina3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 A Death Knight PSA The DK forum needs an OT thread like all the other cool classes. That is all.Trysk0 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 why i dual wield tanking bad? i dual wield tank on my blood dk i find no issue holding threat infact i generally lead damage done against other dks significantly(also blood) they gave exucses like lowerd avoidance and bad death strikes but after some testing i find no difference at all can someone explain to me the LEGITIMATE reason its bad and why with proof as to why please ?Mangetsu40 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Blood DPS Hey guys, remember back when things were colder and fresh, little Night Elf DK's with names like "Dartharthas" were running around all over the like ants? While I don't miss all aspects of those times, I do miss one of them so greatly that my heart wells at the thought. Tears spring from my eyes. I get emotional. Look, it's very sad to me. As soon as Wrath came out, Blood DPS was my favorite from the start. It had survivability and decent DPS and if you played it correctly it was very fun and rewarding. I believe it was ended in 3.4, and it was the turning point in my WoW career, if you'd care to call it that. Since then, I've not cared about raiding. The excuse for the elimination at the time was that we didn't need the over-complication of having specs that could be used for more than one purpose, but that is clearly not a problem for some classes *coughferaldroodscough*, so why not bring back my beloved Blood DPS? It would certainly fix the survivability problem, right now my paladin completely outperforms my DK, and it just makes me feel dirty and violated. Thoughts please.Rìchard0 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Should i dual wield or not...... I have Kilrak, Jaws of Terror and Scimitar of Seven Stars or i also have Starshatter all from the Raid Finder. So i dont know how to tell which is gonna be better DPS PVE or PVP. I was hoping to get 2 Kilraks but so far no luck. What do you guys think?Smellrond5 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Woe of the DPS Deathknight Let me start by saying that this is NOT a thread about poor arena performance. Rarely do I PvP at all, and when I do I expect to get slaughtered since I'm stuck with Contender's gear. No, I'm here as a PvE DK, and I want to talk about the general state of the class as far as DPS specs go. Right now, as good as our damage is, Death Knights have very poor survivability. We can't solo for crap, and are totally useless without a healer. Not including talents, Frost and Unholy only have two methods of damage reduction: Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude. Anti-Magic Shell is a great cooldown, but since it only works against spell damage, our only method of reducing physical damage is Icebound Fortitude, which is too weak to be dependable. A 20% reduction for a 3-minute cooldown is a joke, never mind the fact that it still costs runic power. As for self-heals, we have Death Strike, and...that's it. Two of our runes for 7% of our health is a pretty big cost for such a small amount of healing, especially for 2H Frost and Unholy. By weaving Death Strike into our rotation, 2H Frost, being so reliant on Obliterate, takes a big DPS hit and Unholy's rotation is totally thrown out of whack. Glyph of Dark Succor my help things out in the open world, but is useless during a boss fight or any fight that goes on for more than a few seconds. Now let's look at the talents, starting with the lvl 57 tier, which is dedicated to survivability. First we have Lichborne, which by itself is mainly a pvp cooldown anyway, unless you combine it with Death Coil. Each Death Coil used while Lichborne is active restores around 10% health, so best case scenario, you start with full runic power and are able to use Death Coil twice before Lichborne expires. That's 80 runic power for only 20% health on a 2-min cooldown, 30% health if your geared well. If Purgatory activates, you're already dead and there's nothing you can do anyway. Finally, Anti-magic Zone, while a good cooldown, is useless against physical damage. Moving on to the level 60 tier, the self-healing tier. Conversion has the same problem as Lichborne's self-healing trick. Best case scenario, you spend all your RP for 30% health. True it has no cooldown, but by spending all your RP you've made the next tier, the rune regen tier, useless, meaning you have wait for your runes to come off cooldown, THEN spend all of them for at best 60rp just to use Conversion again. Death Siphon, meanwhile, is a total joke as at max level it provides a dismal amount of healing. The only talent worth anything here is Death Pact, which heals for about 50% health, but with a 2-min cooldown and it being dependent on your Ghoul being up, it should really only be used in emergencies. I'm not the type to just complain about something and just say fix it, so I'll offer here a few solutions that could fix the problem: Edit Improved Frost Presence and Improved Unholy Presence so that they modify Icebound Fortitude and Anti-Magic Shell respectively. Keep Icebound Fortitude's cost, but have IFP Reduce its cooldown to only a minute (a more frequent stun resist would also make DK's more appealing in arenas, don't you think ;D) and have IUP give Anti-Magic Shell, say, a 15% physical damage reduction. Remove Icebound Fortitude's cost, and reduce its cooldown. Turn Sanguine Fortitude into a glyph, increasing Icebound Fortitude's damage reduction to 50% but restoring the 3 min cooldown. Give DPS deathknights a new cooldown entirely, something similar to a Warrior's Die by the Sword. Edit Glyph of Dark Succor so Death Strike will heal you for double what it would normally, but only when the target is not a player or player-controlled pet, and only in Frost/Unholy presence. Can be used any time and is no longer cost free. Make Bone Shield, or one of the other abilities limited to the Blood spec, baseline for the class.Thank you for your time. Hope you consider my suggestions and act on them.Karaahl12 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Noxxic showing Haste>Mastery for DW Frost? Anyone else notice that Noxxic has changed it's DW Frost (masterfrost) stat priority to Haste>Mastery? Anyone else able to refute or confirm this? I only saw this recently... Cheers all, -ZakZakariyas19 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Best Offtank for a Blood DK Hi all, my guild's main tank is a Blood DK. I'm currently the off tank as a Brewmaster. Unfortunately I am not enjoying the Brewmaster spec and am looking to change to a different tank class. Was wondering what everyone's opinion was to which class complimented Blood DKs for two tank fights. I have a pally, Druid and DK all 85+ that I could quickly level up. I would prefer to go DK since frost is my favorite dps spec, but am not sure how awesome/detrimental it would be to have 2 Blood tanks.Targaryun4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Can Blood DK solo Marrowgar? Can a blood DK solo Marrowgar? What about the adds before Marrowgar? Thanks!Ailie25 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Blood Dk's So are you as blizzard going to continue to let this spec be better for PVP then the actual ones that are supposed to be used. Just more blizzard stupidity and incompetence.Jeddruid2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 what presence for frost pve it doesnt say in any of the guides what presence to be in for frost duel weild dps just wondering what to be in tyFeerz6 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Death Rune? Hey all, I am new to this entire game and this is my main, so I'm sorry if I am just being dumb, however, I am rolling a DK as you can see and I want to use the ability Death Siphon, only I never have any Death Runes. Is the only way to get a death rune by Plague leaching away my blood plague and frost fever off the target? If so am i better of to get Conversion as my healing ability? I have only done PVP so this is important, as of now I have no healing abilities. Please help, Thanks alot GerroGerro15 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 How to handle warriors I'm having a hard time as frost (still working on the gear) I was wondering if unholy does better?Dedmeat26 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 I'd like to see a DK/Monk/Rshm team. Your enemies would be confused trying to decide who they should focus on.Venur2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Blood help? I haven't tanked since late WotLK and I have started tanking once again and am was wondering about some things. Should Soul Reaper be used as blood or just left off and ignored? As for Blood tap, is it the best choice for blood? I have it macro-ed in with rune Strike so I don't have to use another button for it. Also death pact? or Conversion? I have read that conversion is useless, but I was just wondering which is more optimal for 5 mans and 10 mans? (Once I hit 90.)Calmar10 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 frost dual wield or 2h haste for leveling/pve Which is superior? Lets say I don't care about maximum potential and just want an all round better option. Dual wield haste or 2h haste?Feargx3 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Dps Gear for DK tanks Is it me or has any one else noticed that dps gear has more desireable stats for dk tanking? Most pieces i have seen for tanking have ZERO mastery. So ive been going for the dps sets that have mastery in them and reforging what i dont need. I realize i havent seen all gear that drops but from what ive seen so far this is the way it looks.Rheadelphi4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Howling Blast Procs I'm not sure if frost ever did get runic power from free howling blast procs..but we sure as hell don't now. It feels clunkier. Any comments?Joshicatrois9 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Blood DKs and Threat 5.1?! Did someone break our threat?! I mean they nerfed our dmg in blood a while ago and now it seems that it finally catches up in HoF with the other classes. I dont know maybe i forgot how to play or gear but my threat is crap compared to the Monk I need to constantly taunt even when I tank. Anyone else those issuesBloodsaint10 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 What went wrong? Hi guys, Posting here cause I can't figure out what went wrong, and the only thing I can think of is a bug. But just in case it was something I overlooked... I was off-tanking Blade Lord Ta'yak with 1 stack, while main tank having 2 stacks. As you can see on the log, I got 1 shotted by the boss. >.< I have no clue what can possibly causing it. It was around 2 or 3 minutes into the fight. Recount - Death for Relvenian by Blade Lord Ta'yak at 21:23:47 -7.93 - (Health: 623494 (100%)) Blade Lord Ta'yak Melee Relvenian Hit -107744 (69165 Absorbed) (Physical) -6.20 - (Health: 524046 (84%)) Eyahuasca Earthliving Relvenian Crit +8296 -6.03 - (Health: 549167 (88%)) Eyahuasca Healing Rain Relvenian Crit +25121 -5.10 - (Health: 549167 (88%)) Blade Lord Ta'yak Melee Relvenian Parry -4.41 - (Health: 563638 (90%)) Eyahuasca Healing Rain Relvenian Hit +11959 -3.43 - (Health: 563638 (90%)) Blade Lord Ta'yak Melee Relvenian Hit -134383 (Physical) -3.20 - (Health: 597836 (95%)) Bloodworm <Grandmanyon> Blood Burst Relvenian Hit +33002 -3.01 - (Health: 533699 (85%)) Relvenian Death Strike Relvenian Hit +70246 -2.41 - (Health: 547338 (87%)) Eyahuasca Healing Rain Relvenian Hit +13639 -2.41 - (Health: 561455 (89%)) Leaffang Arcing Light Relvenian Tick +14117 -1.75 - (Health: 561455 (89%)) Blade Lord Ta'yak Melee Relvenian Hit -61074 (79515 Absorbed) (Physical) -0.81 - (Health: 516013 (82%)) Eyahuasca Healing Rain Relvenian Hit +14268 -0.39 - (Health: 530763 (84%)) Leaffang Arcing Light Relvenian Tick +14750 -0.38 - (Health: 1 (0%)) Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault Relvenian Hit -557823 (Physical) Again, I had only 1 stack at this point. Thanks for any insight on this.Relvenian5 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Help with DRW and double diseases + Pestil Is there a way to make this work everytime? I'm having issues with this particularly on large add fights, Wind Lord being my priority at the moment. Sometimes DRW picks a random target, puts diseases on that target, but then the pestilence fails. Sometimes it's my target, and pestilence will fail anyway. Sometimes a mixture of the two, but pestilence works. Is DRW switching targets between Outbreak and Pestilence? Or is it something else preventing it from working? Right now I seem to have a 50/50 success rate with this, probably less. Is there anyway to control the DRW better, perhaps based on my targeting... or at least a way to ensure that the double pestilence works everytime? I really just wish Roiling Blood would apply to DRW because that would solve all of my problems. -.-Zionic0 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Death knights need more ways to survive Every DK I duel gets bursted down so fast that I feel sorry for them. Been dueling Lots DKS ranging from ratings 1000 to 2300. Unholy is really weak compared to frost at the moment. Blizzard you need to pay more attention to the Dk class, they are so unwanted in arena this season. Please pay more attention to Dk's like you did to rogues.Aloveryobody11 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Blood Strike - Why Unholy? I find there is zero reasons for why Blood Strike is now Unholy-only. Hear me out, it's not the first time Blizz did something as stupid as this. Back in Cata Rune Strike was only usable in Blood, but was listed in the 'Frost' section of your spellbook. Now, Blood Strike, which I would say is only really useful in Blood spec is for some odd reason in the Unholy tree, which is strange since Scourge Strike makes it absolutely useless by comparison. [Blood Strike] - Instantly strike the enemy, causing 40% weapon damage plus 942. Damage is increased by 12.5% for each of your diseases on the target. [Scourge Strke] - An unholy strike that deals 130% of weapon damage as Physical damage plus 588. In addition, for each of your diseases on your target, you deal an additional 25% of the Physical damage done as Shadow damage. Not only does Scourge Strike deal 90% more damage off the bat, but deals twice as much bonus damage per disease. With successive Festering Strike giving you 4 Death Runes, it would be moronic to waste them on Blood Strike. Now, look at the Blood tree. Heart Strike specificaly. [Heart Strike] - Instantly strike the target and up to two additional nearby enemies, causing 105% weapon damage plus 545 on the primary target, with each additional enemy struck taking 25% less damage than the previous target. Damage dealt to each target is increased by an additional 15% for each of your diseases present. Not a bad ability for tanking in the slgihtest except for some fights. Strife and Peril come to mind in the Temple of the Jade Serpent. If you know the fight the last thing you wanna be odoing is hitting both at once since they become immune to all damage for 15 seconds. Since many of the Blood tanking abilities are AoE or multi-target (Heart Strike, Death and Decay, Blood Boil) with of course the exception of Death Strike, the last thing you want is to hit anything but 1 target. The problem is without Blood Strike in the Blood tree, there are no Blood skills that are single target, that consum blood runes, essentially making those runes wasted. The same can be said when some mobs are CCed and the you don't want to break it. All this being said, I'm just wondering if it would not making more sense to have Blood Strike be put in the Blood spec for some single-target fights. Otherwise you're just wasting blood runes not using them. It can't hurt to change it trees since it really doesn't help Unholy in the slightest. Anyone else find no sense in Blood Strike being Unholy?Frostfel10 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 yo few questions yar, okay so to start it off im going back to my old server on HORDE to do some serious pvp action ( lol ) 1.) undead or orc - not for lookings, is the touch of the grave better than the slight attack power buff on a 2min cd or what 2.) viable comps? were were going to do tsg, but any other actually good comps? 3.) need a cool xmog for my new orc or undead as i have no xmogs : (Own4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Heroic Will of the Emperor Strat? (10man) For all the frost dk's out there, what cd's have you been using to soak sparks on Heroic Will? I assume we can only soak one spark at a time and not like 5 or 6 like rogues and pallys can with cloak/bubble just because the fact that we don't have any 100% immunities like those. Would ams/blood pres work to soak one? Or would it have to be ams/blood pres/icebound fort? What is your strat?Nøvak7 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Death Siphon PvP So with 5.1 hitting, Death Siphon got a buff, a 50% increase in base damage. Thought I'd try it out in PvP. It hit for anywhere between 10-15k and heals for about the same amount. It costs a death rune which could be used on a necro. I was doing it as unholy so it hits harder than frost (because it scales with mastery for both specs, but unholy has more mastery). If this ability was able to hit for say 30K and heal for the same, and we had a way for converting frost runes into death runes at range (maybe Icy Touch?) this talent would be worth taking. At the moment it is absolute garbage.Hemalador2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Driving your healer crazy - Death Strike I've seen so many blood dks not using Death Strike, it drives me crazy. Seriously, why there are so many blood dks that cannot see that the skill is located under the core ability tab? Maybe blizz should clean up their skill tab and remove the ones they aren't supposed to use (Plague strike, anyone?) I'm amazed that those guys even get all the way to 90 without using it. (Now don't get me wrong, I have a DK myself and it's the one I enjoy most tanking with, it's just the bad ones I can't stand - and heal)Sharmoso26 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Does haste increase dots tick Does increasing haste decrease the amount of time between each tick of a DoTArtlekk3 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Help me finish specc'ing http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Auroraabeth/ So, as you can see, i have started PVP'ing a bit, bought some new gear, and equipped it Couple holes left, would appreciate any advice on what to change/affix to the stuff. Been doing a lot of PVP, and random Dungeons and BG's, mainly play melee DPS Anything i should look at on my way from 70 to 80?? I think this gear should last me a few levels, or am i wrong?? Any other advice would be appreciated, i have read all the guides, but always look to get first hand input by players. i have a couple gear sets specced, with different trinks and such for PVP and for Dungeons (more strength spec) One more question is i have this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/35576 it has a bit more strength than my currently equipped weapon, is it worth the effort to swap it out when not in PVP or does the crit/damage stuff outweight the slight loss in strength?? tanks as always for your input in advance!!Auroraabeth2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Necrotic Strike [Fix Please] Hello, I'm just putting this out there and feel free to disagree with me. I'm a PvP DK. I really don't do much outside of PvP. Therefore I have something of a problem with the way that Necro Strike is currently working. The tooltip that I have currently states that my Necro strike does the following: 1) It increases cast-time by 50% while it's placed upon a target. That's good. I have no issues with that. It's like us DKs can run around with our very own melee-range Curse of Tongues. 2) It causes 100% weapon damage. That's pretty understandable for a single rune ability. 3) It costs a Death Rune. Wow, that's a pretty steep price! I guess I can understand it though because of that cast-time reduction. 4) It puts a healing absorption debuff upon a target that stacks. The initial application doing 3400. Okay, that's....no wait a second... Here is my issue with the ability. That 3400 is blown away in one GCD without any healer even trying. All the other benefits of my Necro Strike are completely negated b/c everytime a healer even sneezes my wonderous little debuff is removed. This is an ability that doesn't really do much damage. In fact, it's become so underused I can't remember the last time I actually applied it to a target. Therefore, there are some things that need to change about this ability. It needs to either: A) Have the Death Rune cost removed and reverted back to it's previous Unholy Rune cost... B) The healing absorption effect needs to be buffed in order to justify the Death Rune cost... C) The ability itself needs to be totally reworked into a completely new setup to justify the Death Rune cost; such as removing HoTs like Plague Strike/ Blood Plague used to do back during the beginning of WotLK My gripe is that our "anti-healer" strike is something of a lackluster ability ever since Blizzard nerfed the healing absorption back during Cataclysm and then nerfed it again in Pandaria by requiring it to need a Death Rune. I used to love this strike. It helped my team to kill those healing overlords we used to have, but now it's so useless I don't really know why I have it on my bars. This is just my request to Blizzard, and encouragement to the DK PvP community, that myself and other DKs would like to have this ability looked at in the future. Also... ....please fix our buggy Soul Reaper. That is all.Lechter0 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Why can't Unholy DW as well? Frost is the only DK spec with the option of 2H or DW. Why not extend it to UH as well?Methalos11 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 FEEDBACK About Death Knight Class: I got a response from GM and he advised me to post class feedback / suggestions directly on DK forums and on private server suggestions. So here it goes: Problems with Death Knight Class: 1) Utility Loss / Talents / Glyphs 2) Outdated mechanics 3) Survivability 4) Suggestions 1) Utility Loss / Talents / Glyphs: In Cataclysm UH DKs had following utilities: Disease protection vs unholy blight, desecrated ground snare, 100 AMS absorption, Anti Magic Zone, Reduced Cooldown on Death Grip and Death Advance. Only 2 utility became baseline - reduced cooldown on death grip, and AMS Runic Power Generation. While UH Lost: Desecrated Ground snare (one of the most amazing snares in a game vs druids, and provided good kiting capability), Disease Protection that moved to a glyph that also reduces our Disease damage by 30% (which is not an option at all since most of the damage for UH comes from DOTs) Core Utilities that became optional: 100% AMS absorption - became a glyph and requires a glyph slot, I believe there are far better choices for DK class that 100% AMS Absorption. Anti Magic Zone became talented and in 99% cases is inferior to Lich Borne due to CC escape and heal. Death Advance - became talent Frost's Utilities: Chill Bains, Hungering Cold, Lichborne. Hungering cold was removed Chill Bains and Lichborne both became optional as talents All DKs: Frost Fever attack speed reduction removed Blood Tap - a necessary filler for strangulate The problem I see here is most of the core utilities of DK classes became talent choices. While if we compare to mages their core utilities were Blanket Counter Spell and Deep Freeze and both of those became baseline for the class. The only new helpful utilities that Death Knight got was T1 talents (which is minor) and T6 talents. While most of the classes had a complete revamp of their class with lots of new utilities added. Not only Death Knights did not get new good shiny tools for PvP they also lost quite a few. Which put us on a very binary road of either do damage or die. 2) Outdated Mechanics: Strangulate - the worst silence in the game because of its cooldown. Last season there were not as many instant CCs and Strangulate had its place but this season with introduction of numerous different instant CCs to all classes DKs left with outdated Silence. On top of it DKs were glyphing Strangulate to 7 sec silence on a cast and had blood tap for easy on demand silence. With removal of Blood tap baseline 5 Sec silence on 2 minutes cooldown that is dispellable simply cannot compete with 1 min Warrior Silence, blanket counter spell silence and other. Unholy's Pet - Unholy's pet has by far the worst possible utilities of all pet classes. Frost Mages had their pet cooldown reduced to 1 minute while ours remained 2 minute cooldown. 1 Minute cooldown 3-4 seconds stun Enrage 2 second interrupt Cannot simply compete with Warlock pet utilities such as Felhunter/Observer, Felguard/Wrathguard, any hunter pets due to freedoms, sacs, intimidation and some core utilities like web, spirit mend etc. When Death Knights were released out pet stun was 20 seconds cooldown, then it went up to 30 seconds granted we were over the top at the release of WOTLK but since that our pet had hardly any updates whatsoever. Lack of peels - Death Knight is by far the worst class to peel for your teammates since Cata when our Chains of Ice and Rune system got reworked. 3) Survivability loss: Last season we had 1 rank 1 capable composition (DK Ret Disc) and a glad viable comp (DK Hunter HPaladin) both were reliant of peels, sacs and off heals to the DK class. Death Knights had a very poor survivability and were forced to play with other DPS that can heal or provide extra defensives for DK class. We also had 7 seconds 100% absorbed AMS, AMZ In MOP we lost 2 seconds off AMS, 100% became optional, AMZ was put versus Lichborne which means we either lost healing or peel/ magic damage reduction. Only thing we got back was extra 25% heal from Death Pact. Not only we were the squishiest class in a game last expansion we also LOST more survivability. If you can look at Shanghai tournaments Yaspresents swapped DK for a Mage in order to compete because DKs are lacking in utilities and survivability. Every single DK was getting trained by the opposite team during tournaments. Suggestions: These suggestions are not game breaking and you wont even have to redo talents. These are more tweaks that will help us greatly in both utilities and survivability. PLEASE MAKE US VIABLE OPTIONS FOR ARENA: Utilities: Strangulate - 1 min CD no rune requirement Unholy's Pet - Reduce cooldown of the pet stun to 30 seconds, and Make enrage pet huddle do a AOE roar for 20% damage reduction for your whole group Glyph of Death Coil is only 16k absorb at almost max gear (i have 3-4 dreadful only and T2) increase its absorption to 27-32k Pros: Death Knights are lacking peels for their teammates I think Death Coil absorption and minor AOE sac from pet will help us greatly in that regard. Also provide minor survivability boost for UH DKs when they are getting trained Survivability: Biggest our issue are melee cleaves and lack of root escapes / mobility Give us Boneshield baseline 4 charges 20% damage reduction 1 minute cooldown - this will help us greatly versus melee cleaves as we are literally getting trained to the ground. Unholy Death Knights had it for whole WOTLK and removal of Boneshield really crippled us vs physical damage dealers. IceBound Fortitude: Make it 50% damage reduction baseline and even though on paper it might look like we have too much survivability keep in mind that compared to warrior for example we do not have nearly as much AOE CC that is also adds a lot to survivability of the class. Death Advance - make DA break roots when activated. it is least desirable choice of all 3 talents and simply cannot compete with Chill Bains or Asphixiate. 30 seconds root break will help us a lot vs most classes that sit on us and especially help us vs caster cleaves. Since we have to pick either healing from Lichborne or AMZ and lost 2 seconds of AMS duration I think I am not asking for too much here. Conversion: Could have been a potentially great choice for sustain survivability but the only problem is that its too expensive. I think the best way to address it is to make it 2% a second heal but requires 5 Runic Power. Pros: Boneshield will help us vs physical Damage Dealers IBF - We need a shield wall type of a cooldown vs classes like warriors, ferals, Hunters Death Advance root break will help us vs spell cleaves Conversion - could be a good added choice for sustain survivability. Thanks for the read, I apologize if I made mistakes as English is not my first language.Reiñhart111 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Quick bis question Sorry if i'm posting here that always can be looked up but my internet is derpy theses days and I don't want to take risks getting unexpected virus. That said, i have a quick bis question. I have 4 different trinkets. Relic of Xuen (The Obvious Strength Relic), Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster, Lei Shen's Final Orders and Iron Belly Wok. I will tell you what each of them do. Relic of Xuen (I upgraded twice since this may be a bis) A strength trinket that gives more strength. Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster Gives crit, i reforged it to mastery and has a chance gives you 10,848 strength for 10 sec when you land a crit. Lei Shen's Final Orders (I got this one today) Gives haste and can be reforged, has a chance to give 2,866 strength for 20 seconds. and Iron Belly Wok Gives strength, when used it gives me 3,595 haste for 15 seconds. Most of you probably say that the relic would be the bis for Masterfrost DW Dks, but the hard part is that i really do not know which 2nd trinket i should use. Any suggestions?Uzuko11 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Blood Tanking 101 Hey guys, been getting a few new pieces of raiding gear and have been researching further into DK tanking, a few quick questions, which are considered BiS trinkets when it comes to stam vs mastery, atm i have Jade Warlord Figurine, Stuff of Nightmares, Vial of Dragon's Blood, Relic of Niuzao. Also when you are tanking do you save your death runes to death strike AFTER you take damage or do you spam it on CD for the most part to gain more dps/shield time/threat ?Sinzs9 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Leveling DK Well I haven't played WoW for 2 years, besides yesterday when i got the expansions. I'm currently leveling my DK and I have noticed something... I'm still mashing the same buttons in the same rotation and getting the same results that i got 2 years ago. Please tell me end game has added more flavor! I have noticed that RP dumping in unholy spec has added a new mashable button for my ghoul! Hurray... Also the talents have me so befuddled... it's like a whole new bundle of confusion for my tiny brain! P.S. I'm very sad that I missed out on Cataclsym QQExödus3 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Problems with frost in pvp -The damage is fine in my opinion -Deathknights are now given a decent stun, strangulate has always been good, and double death grip is good, But I think that strangulate shouldnt have a 2min cd, or a blood rune cost, it just seems like its down when we try to apply pressure too often. Lastly, Deathknights are completely Naked when fighting casters or warriors. Casters can negate so much of our damage by kiting 24/7, and other than a death grip every 25seconds, we cant do anything about that. And warriors are easily able to lock out a Deathknight, and lockdown a kill. Why is the 'Anti-caster Warrior' class so bad against casters? Warriors can charge over and over, leap, and continue to do damage on casters, while a warlock can kite forever, and heal to full at will. Its as if Deathknights are completely useless against casters and hunters.Zexus4 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Weapon question So I have primarily been playing 2H this expansion due to much better luck with 2H's than 1H's. Last week I got Shin'ka and a Kilrak in LFR (super lucky with my coin). I also upgraded my Shin'ka once to 487 ilvl. Now this week I got my second Kilrak and I know DW is performing a bit better than 2H. I'm just wondering if it would be better to play as DW frost with my Kilraks or continue as 2H since I upgraded my Shinka once?Mograine12 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Death Pact not working in Brawler's Guild? Maybe I missed something in the patch notes that read "Can't use big abilities like Death Pact or LoH", but at the moment, I'm unable to use it. I've been trying (as it's the only way I can really keep my health up on certain bosses), but I keep getting an error saying "your pet is not bound to you". What? I'm pretty sure he's a live and well, chillin', fighting the boss. Is this a glitch or intended? (Edit: And DP has been working fine in PvE dungeons and such.)Rethka7 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 blood runes... why is frost given 2 death runes and unholy is given two blood runesDroencistus6 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 frost question should i use 2h or two 1hs?Maxum5 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Aggro advice please Hey guys, We finally got a set raid group together to get started on MoP raiding. Anyhow, Im having a bit of an issue with our ele shaman pulling off of me on the first boss in vaults. Our other tank is a monk and he takes the single stone guard side and I always start on the side with two stone guards. Anyhow, on my initial pull Ill throw down DnD taunt one then tab and deathgrip the other as they are in my DnD. How ever as soon as the ele shaman starts to DPS he will pull my target away. Im not a pro DK in anyway shape or form but I ususally never have any aggro issues with other players or in heroics. Im just wondering if there is another way I should be opening up on the initial pull? Thanks for any advice.Deafgrip6 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Death Knight starting gear Does anyone remember where we could buy (or if we could buy) the replica gear from the DK starting quests? I want to make my DK look like a DK again... he kinda looks like me but tall and skinny (night elf).Dimitar2 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Dark Transformation Not working.... So i just unlocked it and i have 5 charges when i tried to use it... It said "You already control a pet" then when i dismissed my undead still won't work... Can someone tell me how it works?Zendarin2 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 can't delete deathknight okay, so I am having troubles deleting my deathknight. he has nothing equipped or in his inventory but he has mail, and I can't access a mailbox at all so I'm trying to just wait for the mail to delete itself but I don't think it's working. how do I contact the guy in charge of the sen'jin server to delete my deathknight for me? or is that even possible?Swink6 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Death Siphon So today while screwing around I am going to attempt to use Death Siphon in a random battle ground. The ability is very promising and has a rather cool spell effect. The biggest problem is it costs a death rune and doesn't heal as much as death pact will. How ever it is Shadowfrost damage... sooo wish me luck? I'll post my feedback on what I find.Fálrin3 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Frost DW question. Started leveling a DK finally. I've never made one. I've decided to go dw frost and wondered if weapon speed matters? Fast MH slow OH or visa-verse? Or does it not matter? I've read the sticky and have browsed through the first 5 pages but haven't found anything about it. Thanks!Meemers4 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Can i balance frost/blood armor sets? I should hit 90 here in a day or 2 and im wondering is there any way to balance the 2 specs with 1 set of armor or am i going to be lugging around 3 "suits" (tank/dps/transmog) This is pve only ofcourse I know stats wont be ideal for either spec but will they be close enough to be decent?Aarondk12 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Unholy Aura Anyone else not getting the 10% attack speed bonus from passive talent?Danzar2 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 DK Support Hotline Mop Welcome to the DK support hotline if your a Dk and you been molested by a warrior, raped by a warlock or any other sexual harassment by other classes please state your case here. If your any other class that has something to complain about how Dks are still overpowered please go uninstall wow and install Harry Potter online. link below http://www.harrypotter-onlinerpg.com/home.php Just remember there's always rehabilitation in the form of rolling a frost mage...stay in there guys we can get through this patch. I mean were a "Hero"class how could a "Hero" class ever not be overpowered...(bad sarcasm)Stattic10 Dec 2, 2012