Death Knight

Jan 10, 2013 Rotation I never played a DK before, I just made my first one :] I read up on a few things about DK's but I was confused at the start of how my rotation is suppose to be like. Right now my opener is Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Icy Touch and then Death Coil once I hit 40 runic power. I feel like I might be doing something wrong. Anyone care to help me out?Pakorn4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 New Tier bonuses For both Blood and Frost/unholy are the worst I have ever seen. Really!? This has to be a joke. A slightly longer duration on a 10 min cooldown and a spirit that comes and hits !@#$ for what is probably going to be awful damage..... Then we have blood... extra 15 RP for each bone shield stack that is taken and a cost removal and cd reduction on a talent not even half the DKs even take? Oh and the fact that the Zandalari spirit is sound like it will take the place of the ghoul. If it does it will work like Control Undead. Which means unholy dks are up !@#$ creek without a paddle, because that means Timmy cant be out and if he is, it wont summon the minion. LaWl. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one. Its like they arent even trying anymore. Not sure if Blizzard is retarded or just trolling.Grishnok8 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Ideas for Tier 15 set bonuses I primarily play dps, and honestly, I think the 2-set is awesome. It finally gives us that necromancer feel that we've been dying for. The 4-set, on the other hand, is flat out awful. AotD does very little damage for a 10min CD, and is arguably a dps loss if used mid-fight. It's one use pre-pull, and then forget about it. An increased duration is worthless, unless they change the spell radically. If the spell is not changed, then here's my suggestion for a new 4-set bonus: (4) set: Each time your target is hit with the shadow damage portion of Soul Reaper, you drain a portion of the target's soul, increasing your haste by 5%, lasting 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. What would you guys think about this being the 4-piece bonus. Also, what would be your suggestions for a new 4-piece set bonus?Karaahl0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Runic Corruption Bugged? Did anyone else notice that haste is impacting the length of Runic Corruption? I put on +21 haste at level 74, and the length of the buff goes from 3sec to 2.97sec. Is this documented anywhere?Blackbirde4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Question Regarding Blood DK Gear Recently, I have just obtained Revered reputation with Golden Lotus. Currently, I have the 4 piece set bonus, all from LFR. I was wondering if it is worth it to replace my Chest and Shoulders with Cuirass of the Twin Monoliths and Shoulders of Autumnlight, which would raise my ilvl stats, but reduce me to only 2 piece set bonus? This is for progression tanking. Thanks in advance.Aldarius3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 New race models = time for scourge tattoo? As the title says, should blizz use the release of the new player models in the future to finally give us Death Knights our much desired scourge tattoos?Blaumeux9 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Lichborne Macro w/ deathcoil So I am using /cast !Lichborne; /cast [@Wighte] Death Coil and it works... but I dont want to break fear and waste 40 rp. is there any other macro that lets me cast DC on myself after I cast lichborne instead of both at the same time at the first activation? I've tried /castsequence but i might not be doing it rightWighte4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Need a bit of help with Unholy. So for patch 5.1 I've been playing frost for pvp, but I recently switched back to Unholy and I've been having a ton of fun. That being said, I've noticed that I'm doing considerably less damage in arena. I know that when I set up my Necrotics right and when I get everything rolling that we can land a kill on someone, but I'm still doing waaay less damage than I was in frost. I was just wondering if Unholy just does less damage by nature or if I just suck lol.Heartnsoul5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Frost or Unholy for RBGs? I decided I would rejoin the Ebon Blade's ranks and am curious a to which is the better spec overall for RBGs and why?Dkgaluciann10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Unholy or Frost for an Orc Dk? Soo, im planning on getn this guy capped to 90. I play frost, but thinking of going unholy for the.racial pet bonus. I do not know entirly the difference between the two specs so I jeed an expert. What is the difference between the two specs? Pros? Cons? Which is better in terms of PvP?Naakagg2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 my view on ptr changes death siphon heals for nothing even at 150%. this game in pvp is about burst damage so you need two things to counter burst 1.mitigation and 2.burst healing. we have deathpact and and inside of a global that is the best pvp heal you can get conversion is just really bad overall even at 5rpps. at the current rate we gain rp its just not viable. dont get me started on icebound. 3min cd on barkskin type mitigation honestly id be fine losing the stun immunity if it served for at least 40% it even costs runic power to use which is just a slap in the face. ive been messing around with a bunch of different classes lately and i can say with absolute certainty dks are set up to fail from the getgo. ams 5sec down from 7 seconds. ibt cost rp. necro on a death rune. loss of desecration. what exactly did dks gain from mop? even the talents are absolute garbage every other class got more utility more cc more abilitys we got reworked talents and the sad part is, i along with most other dks took the same talents we had in cata because all the new ones where garbage! honestly the only new talent i like is desecrated ground things like rolling blood should be a glyph and glyphs like ams presence swap should be baseline. so many things wrong with the class as a whole. i love my dk but i want to see real change not these ''QOL'' changes.Apocalypsè4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 5.2 Conversion Has anyone played around with the new version of 5.2 Conversion? Does the change to 5/5 make it viable or....? Edit: I meant mostly for blood tank pve, such as when you have known damage coming, rather than say a high spike.Twicecursed5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Gimping myself by choosing tauren? Am I gimping myself a lot of I decide to roll a Tauren DK? I'm looking at arena ladders and all the DKs are either Human or Orc, will I still be able to PvP competitively as a tauren? Is the stun a useful skill in a DKs toolbox?Mogukai15 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 About Blood Strike As a disclaimer, I'm bad at things. But there's nobody around to stop me, so here is my reasoning for why Blood Strike will not be on my binds. The idea here is to settle the question, so that people can refer to this the next time someone wonders about this move. It appears that at 90, Blood Strike is effectively useless. It costs one blood rune, which makes me want to compare it to Blood Boil and Pestilence. On my DK, Blood Strike is not available in any spec except Unholy, despite it not being listed in the spellbook as a spec exclusive move. As Unholy, blood runes are earmarked to become death runes via Festering Strike. But if you happen to have used Death Strike in the last ~10 seconds, your frost runes may be simmering on cooldown. In this case you could use a blood strike to get your blood runes converting to death runes. However, Blood Strike does less single target damage than Blood Boil, unless perhaps you had a hilarious number of enemies in range, and it does not have the utility of spreading diseases that pestilence does. The only thing I can think of that Blood Strike has that Blood Boil and Pestilence do not is that it is single-target. SO. To reiterate, it is conceivable that if: You were in Unholy spec You need your blood runes to be death runes/You want to hit something for 0.02% of its health/You really want to press a button right now You are unable to cast Festering Strike You are within 10 yards of a lot of adds You really do not want to damage those enemies You really do not want to spread diseases to them eitherBlood Strike would be the move to make. In conclusion, Blood Strike is a kind of appendix/navel for (unholy) DKs. Correct me where I'm wrong.Anokh12 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Death Knight basics? I fooled around briefly with a DK upon reaching lvl 55, but wasn't quite sure about the spell rotation, so went back to my main - because I want to get to 60 soon and get my first flying mount. But I will soon hit 60 on my main, and plan to go play with DK some more, but would like some insight in how DK's work. I barely got started with mine (which I deleted). I had selected Frost DK. I noticed that the spells all seemed instant cast. Some were apparently using runes, others using rune energy. I thought the runes were initially uncharged (I though the graphic would be very bright if they were charged), but there seems to be no rune energy at first. I assume you are switch back and forth between spells use runes, and spells that use rune energy. Spells using runes generate run energy I assume. A rune regenerates every 10 seconds. What I was wondering if there turns out to be a rough ratio of rune-using spells to rune-energy-using spells that works when playing? I know that low lelvel Rogues for example do a bunch of sinister strikes to generate combo points, and then do eviserate. I just don't got a feel yet for the order in which spells will be done with DK. Like, when a fight starts, will I doing rune-using spells? And if I have been out of combat for awhile, would the runes be typically fully charged? Any comments appreciated.Buffydor2 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 does desecrated ground prevent MC on imp viz? currently progressing on H imp viz. MCs happened to always kill 1-2 people every time (usually some1 who just got broke out take a heavy hit from a MCed person). I only had our last attempt of the night to test if this ability worked. It did not work when I used it, but I used it ~2 seconds after the MC went out, was thinking if used before the MC goes out that it could break the MCs. So just wondering if some1 who has tested this ability further than I have could say if the ability work on me and the raid (tooltip says it only effects the DK, not sure it would be worth the talent over an aoe grip/stun) and if it works, how to properly use it.Mericansauce5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Best Glyphs for Unholy DK in MoP (PVE) I was just wondering, since I'm going to be making a DK soon, what are the best glyphs for Unholy? I've read up on Noxxic and wowpopluar and they're saying different things. I need advice.Zombette4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Tips and Tricks for Raiding Death Knights This forum is to list some interesting encounter mechanics that allow for a sizable dps increase. So far, there are two that I've found. Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: I've found that Glyph of Dark Succor procs on the adds in the spirit realm. For DPS death knights, not only will this help your healer out, but this will allow you to massively improve the buff you get from overhealing. Protectors of the Endless: I and a few other death knights have found that Dark Simulacrum does work on Elder Regail's Lightning Bolt, which hits for over 200k on normal difficulty. This is a massive dps increase to both dps and tanks, so glyph for Dark Simulacrum when doing this fight. If anyone else has found any neat tricks like these, please post them here.Karaahl0 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 [Suggestion] Blood-Soaked Armor So I had one last insomniac idea to share before I take a break from WoW, something to help mitigate melee damage for Frost and Unholy in PvP. Here goes: ... Functionally, the idea here is that when you activate the ability, you gain a snapshot buff that reduces melee damage equal to (Max %Health) minus (Current %Health). E.g.: Use it at 75% health, reduce melee damage by 25%. Use it at 10% health, reduce melee damage by 90%. Realistically, the idea is that when you take damage from melee, your blood soaks into and covers your armor. The more health you have missing, the more blood you have available to harden. Something like that...Pushßutton18 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Feels like I'm clipping GCD >.> Hey guys, I thought I'd post here to see if any other death knights had had this issue and knows where to look or how to remedy it. Before I start I'd like to say that I've ran a ping test for an hour with no hiccups and at a constant 40ish ms. In game my latency sits at 90-100ish due to living east coast in a central server. It constantly feels as if I'm clipping my gcd. The abilities come off gcd (or at least are displayed as doing so) and if I press the ability immediately when its shown off gcd it doesn't execute as if its clipping some hidden gcd. Usually just have to press button about twice after its shown off gcd to get it to execute. Best I can explain it. Again I don't get lag spikes and it boggles my mind and is QUITE irritating. I dont recall having this issue prior to pandaria. Any insight would be extremely helpful. Even a nudge to a thread with someone having that same problem AND a solution. <3 HarkenHarken0 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 2400 DK this season streaming currently the highest rated phd in north america http://www.twitch.tv/knox556# check it out!Knox16 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 pvp on 2hand frost. I took a break, came back Am I doing it correctly FOR PVP 2hand frost. haste is the main stat. Expertise and hit is 0 for level 90. I basically want to use obliterate whenever it is up. Obliterate and frost strike are the main attacks. Frost presence. Use other abilities depending on the situation.Herppderpp7 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 What trinket is better dps? From a PVE standpoint is the trinket that drops from Lei Shi or the trinket you can buy with valor from the dominance offensive a bigger DPS increase? Lei Shis trinket is a random proc haste buff. The DO trinket is an on use crit enhancing trinket.Grishnok5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 paying death knight before level 55 for whatever reason i have been able to play a death knight before i even started my first character i have made a death knight yet because im not shore why i can in fact i can play any race or class (except for monk) and i dont have ether of the two newest expansions. why can i do this? or is this normalDawgapo1 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 hey guys my aoe sucks I cant seem to beat hunters shammys and blood dk on aoe but my single target is fine only time I can aoe is if im on my sv hunter does that mean that im bad on my frost dk.Micheljföx6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 5.2 Unholy - Mastery > Crit? With the changes to the Gargoyle dealing partial Shadow damage, and therefore benefitting from Mastery, will Mastery start to edge out over Crit? Just got around to leveling my Unholy DK in MoP, and i've noticed that Unholy DKs do even more Shadow damage than before, especially with the introduction of Soul Reaper. Not to mention that as an Undead, Unholy Mastery buffs the damage/healing of my Touch of the Grave racial.Daedros2 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 dw 483 or 2h 476? Well i got a sha touched 483 drop so i can either go dw with it which im trying to get away from because i want to go 2h. Or i can run the starshatter drop i got today until i get the 2h sha axe. I know it would be a dps loss to use the 2h and if it had droped by itself and me not get the other 483 id be all over it, I know noone can tell me what to do, im just confused about what i wanna doAarondk5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 About the Winged Steed redesign... Yeah, Blizz? Um, my toon is sitting almost on the bone gryphon's back legs instead of centered in the saddle like before, please fix?Dååthknight4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Roll Tide Roll! Title says it all 1111!1Nobul16 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 gems for unholy? so i recently specced unholy and i was wonderin will stacking all pvp power gems be beneficial as unholy? many dks have nothing but pvp power so im a bit confused. should i stack haste? hit? what are some good gems as unholy? any help is appreciatedDdarkdeathh6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Why and how? I used to love unholy. The spec was great. How, and why, did they change it so much for the worse? It's boring, and the transformation is annoying... :( I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion, right?Earlgrey14 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Pestilence I know in cata it made diseases do 50% dmg unless you were unholy, is that still the case in MoP?Tracfone6 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Frost or Unholy for 4.1 PvP I've noticed that there are way more Frost DK's then Unholy ever since the patch and I'm wondering if Frost would be the way to go now for pvp. I would like to get some more details before I spend some gold on a re-spec :).Enum20 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 DK pvp This expention sucks for dk's. 1.8k rating in 2s and 2k in 3s for the last season...and this once i cant even break 1.5k...gg great balance...Tricyclene13 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Future of Death Knight tanking: Precarious? Going over the patch notes for 5.2 and the recent buffs several of the other tanking classes have received, Does any one else feel that the death knights are being left behind? Compared to Paladins and Warriors, I feel like the Active Mitigation on blood death knights to be quite lacklustre. The survivability of the Blood Death knight in this patch has been quite ordinary than compared to Other classes (Paladins especially) and with their buff on Eternal Flame on self casts coming up in 5.2.. I donno, it somehow feels as if we are getting the shaft.. but I can't point out exactly how. Any thoughts or opinions?Punchbala29 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Femorcs Unite! I'm sick of looking at these inferior races and reading there rambling banter about how they cannot properly execute the Death Knight class. So I've decided to make a place where the master race of Azeroth can discuss Death Knight's and not be pestered by the rabble. Sooooo my burning question my fellows beautiful busty counterparts is... Who is excited for UH in 5.2? I know I am getting hot and heavy about it. Feel free to talk about other stuff too. FEMORCS UNITE!Krukgara20 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 so guys about dw frost hit cap in pvp someone told me it was 8% that is way to much hit to get the hitcap i would have to gem and refoge everything hit to beable to reach this cap thats insane amount of hit for dw is this really trueNongeon2 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Those who think Frost Dks are OP... GET DUNKED BY MY OBLITERATE!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Darius?file=DariusSquare.pngUzuko2 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 ICC(10) solo question. I'm having trouble with the "Sister Svalna" encounter, not her so much as the mechanics I need from her. Before you engage her she will cast "Revive Champion" and revive a friendly she killed while pulling adds before. So for me, she will raise 2 of 4 of the Captains that fought the adds with you. The problem is, as far as I can tell, she raises at random. I need her to raise "Captain Arnath" for the Dreamwalker encounter but I have fought her at least 4 times and she won't pick this guy. I thought maybe she does the 2 closest to her, so I pulled him in with the adds...he dies...and not resurrected. Is it truly random and I just need to keep trying after a soft reset? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37126/sister-svalna#abilities:mode=normal10 http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37122#abilities:mode=normal10Cultish1 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 If you're playing Unholy.... Is the tier 14 4 set really worth it?! To me it doesn't seem so with the long !@# CD on Unholy Frenzy paired with the 10% isn't that much when you weigh it with the CD time. I especially think this since I have 2 496 pieces to replace 2 483's that make up my 4 set. Any insight would be nice! c:Vanshi2 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Returning Player - Rune Add-on? Hey, so it's been a bit. I've been reconstructing my UI a bit at a time, and was looking at the various rune add-ons. The recurring theme I'm seeing is "Are you going to update this for 5.1?". The Pitbull runes are kind of lacking IMO, but I want to replace it with something that works. What are people using nowadays?Kromulent5 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 unholy questions I currently play frost but am considering switching to unholy. I don't know anyone who plays it so cant get any help as far as gearing up or rotation questions. Im not looking for links to noxxic or icy viens just more of your opinion how to play it with any tips or macros or anything that can help. Also, is unholy gonna be worth playing in 5.2? or is it just sounding better but still uncomparable to frost?Showshow0 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 DW or 2H frost dps 5.1/5.2(upcomeing) So I have seen a lot of debate over which one is better dps output, it seems like DW master frost is just a little bit better but is the difference noticeable or worth the time to get two one handers of = quality as my 2h (463ilvl), or are the dmg outputs not noticeable enough in a raid setting to say which one is better.Daña4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Challenge mode set IMO worst DK set in game I want challenge mode gear, my guild even wants me to tank them but I find the DK set to be one of the worst looking sets I have ever seen, which drives me away from wanting to do challenge modes at all. Anyone else with me on this?Ríver16 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Soul Reaper as 2h frost is this worth it in raids? the damage definitely isnt... is it for the haste buff?Gammagulp28 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 DK questions Does the Asphyxiate talent share DR with the pet stun? Does Desecrated Ground remove Stuns? What kind of damage is Death Siphon doing at 90 in PvE on a dummy? Thanks!Wowthinker0 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Where can I get new Death Knight gear??? Hello I have a Night Elf Death Knight and I have done all the DK starting quests. Where and how can I get new DK armor? Is there more armor for the death knight? If so how can I get it?Dokenshine3 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Death knight leveling rotation advice Hey so I just recently started leveling a death knight, I'm only level 63 but I find my self struggling to find a rotation while questing. So far I have tried frost and unholy. i'll icy touch, plague strike, scourge strike, festering strike, death coil, and maybe another icy touch or something else if I have the rune for it, but then i'll auto attack for 4-5 seconds waiting for a rune. Am I doing something wrong, or will it get better as I level up. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.Kiraji6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Death Knight Tier 15 I bet it's going to have skulls on it, most likely glowing skulls.Saavuori45 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 So, Obliterate and HB as DW Frost... I've been seeing conflicting suggestions from the sticky and from other users giving advice on DW frost, and I'm not entirely sure what Obliterate and Howling Blast's places are in dual-wielding frost. This is what I'm seeing the most: 1) Obliterate whenever you have the runes to do so. Only use Howling Blast during AoE, when Rime procs, and when you need to refresh Frost Fever and Outbreak is on CD. 2) Only Obliterate when you have BOTH unholy runes available, and ALWAYS keep one unholy rune available so Blood Tap/Runic Empowerment only generates frost and death runes. The rest of the time, burn frost and death runes by spamming Howling Blast, even on single target. So which, if either, is true?Willowmere8 Jan 7, 2013