Death Knight

Oct 20, 2012 Horrid rotation for 2H I used to be a 2h frost because of the big crits and easier rotation but now I simply can't do it because 2h doesn't the RP bonus and runic empowerment/corruption doesn't proc often enough and that leads to way too many dead spots in my rotation so i was forced to dual wield and i just don't care for dual wielding. All i want is th RP gain bonus from 2h back and i would so unbelievably happy.Lahgtah24 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 how do you feel about death knights in pvp arenas, BGs.. etc. I feel a little gimped in MoP at max level as a dk. I know I don't have the best gear right now but I was wondering how DKs that are geared do in pvp in endgame MoP. Any thoughts or comments?Easÿ13 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Best spec 85-90? I was wondering which is the fastest spec to level from 85-90? I was thinking blood cause u can pull 3-4 mobs or maybe unholy with pet is more faster idk, can somene help me out?Saithariz6 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Frost DK PvP Hey ya'll, I'm gonna try and keep this short - but I'd love to have a ton of input on the subject at hand... I'm trying to figure out any / all tricks that Frost DK's have up their sleeves, especially in regards to 1v1 situations and any area's of Arena. I would LOVE for someone to break down the way a(n) - Assassination Rogue, Subtlety Rogue, Frost Mage, Fury Warrior, (or any other class that you know well) approaches taking on a DK - and how you counter that which they tend to do. Much thanks, and take it easy :)Guavagoat17 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Blood DK's in PVP What are you gemming?Nymosis7 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Death Strike and Scent of Blood Charges Was lucky (or unlucky if you wanna think of it that way) to have 3 Death Strikes Dodged/miss/Dodged normally i would consider this bad, however i noticed you only loose Scent of Blood charges when the attacks land. So i was still getting 100% (increased heals) on my missed and dodged death strikes without using up the charges which basicly allowed me to gain a 200k shield every death strike while my "bad Luck" remained. If tank DPS didnt matter this would seem like a mechanic i would try and game (running 0% expertise and hit)Doomguard3 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 question dw frost pvp for wep enchants should i got with 1 crusader 1 razorice, or both crusader?? anybody know which is better?Bishtatsu3 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Warrior can gag order me ? I don't understant how as we don't have a single casting spell beside AotDVenur5 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Threat Anyone else having threat issues recently, or am I just showing some lack of talent?Baminar3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Soul reaper....? Hi As I Hit 87 I get soul reaper.... I tank n frost are my specs I like. Am I using this in both specs? Is it up always or j ust when the target is getting to the 35%mark I think? Is it really a dps increase TyRecknight6 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Dk's in pvp So I just got 90 on my dk and was woundering what is best for pvp right now frost or unholy.Gamblè6 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 PvP and KM proc ? In PvE I know waiting for oblit isn't worth it but for PvP I feel like KM is such a waste on frost strike. But in PvP KM + oblit is such a burst that I can't tell to myself to waste it on FS. How you deal with KM guys ?Venur4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Frost PvP Hello all! I am having trouble with a few classes. Which are.... -holy pally's -skilled demonology warlock's -hunters (just with surviving the initial burst) And last but not least...........MAGES! It is always a 50/50 chance that I will kill mages In battleground. If I do not have AMS, Strangulate, and death pact available; It usually ends in the mages favor.Glowdy14 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Dk or Warrior? I wanna know which one is worse, so ill be re-rolling to a class that wont be completely useless come end-expansion. EDIT: Im rolling the one that isn't FoTM or "OP" so i wont be nerfed into oblivion, sorry i didnt realize how un-specified my post was.Darkshrøüd8 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Which presence for PVP? Frost or unholy. I am 2H frost so it seemed like unholy because I could get off more obliterates, but I'm just looking for some feed back. Thanks!Redpain2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Disabling Frst Strk while KM is proc'd mcro does anybody know a way to disable Frost Strike only while KM is proc'd, forcing me to wait on Obliterate. For example a way to set up a macro so that while KM is proc'd, frost strike is disabled but i can have a useable KM proc'd non-macro'd and normal Frost strike elsewhere for places where I would need to use a KM proc'd Frost Strike (where outside of PVP?). This is mostly for PVE. thoughts on whether or not i should do this at all?Sithist15 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Blood DK PVP FC? I'm looking into making a blood spec for flag carrying in Rated BG's and had a few questions. Looking through the forums I see that I should be reforging to mastery where possible but I had some questions as far as enchants and glyphs. For enchants such as gloves I have seen that some dks are taking mastery over strength. Which enchants would be more beneficial? Also I know that blood dks do fairly low damage in pvp so is it worth it to take spell pen at all? Since it would only effect diseases I don't really see it being something overly worth gemming or chanting for unless there isn't a viable alternative like possibly a cloak. Also could someone point me at a good blood dk that I could possibly look at to see how they may be specced? Thanks in advance.Valkyrie6 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Control Undead Vs. Lichborn So it is possible to use Control Undead on an enemy player that is under the Lichborn effect ? Tooltip does not mention anything about non-npc players. Anyone tested that ? Edit: Oh I just noticed the "creature" word in the tooltip even though a player is technically a creature...Too good to be true I guess :/Ramoneur5 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Desecrated Ground not working on Asphyxiate I tried using Desecrated Ground to get our of Asphyxiate. The game said that I can't use Desecrated Ground while stunned. Is this a bug?Elionora11 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Are no mana spells going to become a problem? I've noticed that quite a few classes "oh crap" buttons or big nukes don't seem to cost any mana anymore, and that's great for those classes but I wonder if it's a cause for concern as far as the viability of DS goes. Here's a few good spells that no longer cost mana divine shield lay on hands chaos bolt thunderstorm (not sure if this ever did) any metamorph abilities add any more that you've noticed Does anyone else think this is a cause for concern or is it balanced? Should a DK not be rewarded that much for a good DS?Kittiehater4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Conversion vs Tier 5 Talent I've always hated conversion so please prove to me I'm wrong: >based on Blood DK with 500k HP with Blood Tap talent Conversion: 10 RP = 3% of max hp: 0.03 * 500k = 15k -one tick of conversion = 15k -15k healed per 10 RP spent Blood Tap: 5 Rune Strike = 10 charges = 2 Death Runes = 1 Death Strike - 5 Rune Strike = 150 RP - it cost 150 RP for a Death Strike (from Blood Tap, not regular rotation) If those 150 RP from Rune Strike was spent on Conversion instead, a DK would heal for 15k * 150RP / 10 RP = 225K HP Therefore, unless one Death Strike can heal a DK for 225K HP, the RP is better spent on using conversion rather than Rune Strike/Blood Tap. The number is similar for Runic Empowerment, instead of 5 Rune Strike = 1 Death Strike, the number is 4.44 Rune Strike = 1 Death Strike (assuming on no threat issue from lack of Rune Strike & no overhealing from Conversion or Death Strike) I was trying to show my friend how Conversion is bad, but now I'm baffled by these numbers.Leeroy3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Dark Simulacrum Dark Simulacrum, is this only a pvp spell? I love it for pvp, but im sure it could be a bit more usefull in pve as well. A great example is the 2nd boss in vaults, our pally tank can use reversal on the bosses moves, making his dps insanely high. Why can't Dark Simulacrum do this as well? A list for Dark Simulacrum should be placed somewhere on this site to show us what spells we can actually copy, a lot of this is hit and miss....guessing, and wasting RP. Would love to see this spell improved a bit.Dethacus8 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 ARGH killing machine! WHY U ALWAYZ PROC RIGHT AS I HIT FS?!Kittiehater10 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Need help with masterfrost dps. I have looked on the web a little bit trying to find a current guide on this. How do I go about gemming/reforging for masterfrost. And can someone explain to me or show me a relevant guide on what the rotation and priorities are?Nezrah3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 The Ninja Nerf to vengeance So is this going to make hit/exp cap necessary for tanking? I already have it just because I hate missing, just wondering if this changes the blood DK optimization.Lassiter2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Maximising DPS as Tank I am looking to increase my dps as a blood tank. We are currently working on Elegon (N) and we are wiping sub 4%. Everyone in the raid needs to pick up thier dps and that includes me. Checking WoL you can see the top blood dk doing 135k and 200th doing 90k. At our wipe points I was doing around 80k. Unfortunately our logs from last night are not up yet. Can anything recommend anything I can change based on my gear/spec or any vids I can watch that can improve things?Bllisster9 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Heroic even easier then WotLK ones ? I just tanked half of Heroic Siege of Niuzao temple with my DPS questing gear + PvP back and trinket. Also I always use fallen crusader enchant as I really don't need more defense. I know blizz wanted to make them easier so even baddies can do heroics. But dam, even when I mess up my rotation and my gear set-up we still flawlessly succeed.Venur14 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Why is remorseless winter so popular? It's kind of surprising that a slow windup stun with quite a few counters is so popular in comparison to a 2nd trinket that makes you immune for a brief time. http://www.wowpopular.com/Death+Knight/PvPKittiehater15 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Can anyone tell me what rune addon this is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CwmNm_wQ0&list=UUZqYveqdHh01CMk7iXHbypw&index=4&feature=plcp Or if you know another rune addon similar to this?Belìeve12 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Inelava, Spirit of Inebriation... Y U NO EXIST? (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻Wormwood0 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 "Question for blizzard" Why do hunters have multiple pets in arenas? We death Knights are allowed one ghoul! So what I'm asking why don't you allow us to have army of ghouls too? If not! Then I would think it would be reasonable to have Hunters have one pet out instead of multiples! And the next question is why do you keep nerfing our spells and other abilities I think were nerfed enough! why don't you start nerfing others that aren't balanced?Valorette17 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Anyone else find soulreaper rotation annoying ? Cause it seems to just jack me all up. It reduces my oblits, causes me to have to use KM procs on FS's (or not at all) and sometimes causes me to have to manually apply frost fever (less oblits is less rime procs). I mean, I see it's a dps increase. It's just irritating to use to me. I'm sure it'll get better with more haste. Anyone else agree? 2h frost pve ofc.Ghatok21 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 DK Helm! whats your... ..Preference? AS a DK.. I always think " ",, lick a finger on a kill.. " ..pfft, thats the best one I got for intro.. But as a DK... what helm sits right on your shoulders... My Grail & one ill not replace till I find better for a,..... Orc DK http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/49986 What Helm do u like as a Dk? edit: get a helm that u love and keep it;..// always edit2 : This thread was started for fun purposes ... I;m rurnt atm,... The boards seem best place to play atm. But god,, i hate the lack of buckets for the head diff styles .. imo, I think we lack any nice new helm makes, correct me if wrong..Nobul9 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Anyone tried plague leech and like it? I'm debating trying it and macroing it into PS/OB. I dunno. Experiences?Ghatok4 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Three ppl on a dk, he didn't die. In a random bg, me, a hunter and a warr on a dk, for five or ten minutes, I don't know, I went oom, had to use invocation. I though he was blood. Then I armory searched this guy, he's frost , ilvl 460, with 57.22% resil. Ideas? Yes, yes, all three of us suck. Any other ideas?Aou15 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Unholy pvp question Was thinking of trying out unholy in RBGs. I'm pretty new to DK pvp, especially unholy. Is it even worth it to use festering strike in pvp, or should I just use icy touch and blood boil (I use glyph of icy touch and roiling blood talent)? Any general tips about DK pvp also appreciated, first season playing one.Dranochugger5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Make frost strike proc Rime 2h frost is slightly better right now because obliterate is a higher priority to them than DW. i think if frost strike also procced rime they would be more equal and would solve a lot of the sitting around waiting for runes to proc problem DW hasKinvaras2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Healing Tier ideas Just ideas! Death Siphon "Deals x Shadowfrost damage and absorbs y healing. Restores health equal to 50% of any healing absorbed. 1 Death Rune. 40 yard range. Replaces Necrotic Strike."Conversion "Restores 7% health every second for 5 seconds. 40 Runic Power. 1 minute cooldown."Pushßutton8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 2h frost is supposed to use frost presence? I'm a bit confused. When 5.x dropped I read that 2h=unholy presence, DW=frost presence. Even one of the Blizzard blue posts said something along those lines. And then I had someone tell me I was DPSing in the wrong presence (2h frost.) I checked the theorycrafting guide, and it says frost presence, too, so at this point I'll take their word for it. My question is why? Since 2h favors obliterate over FS, wouldn't faster rune regen and attack speed be better than more frost strikes?Atun6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 What's your favorite spec for leveling? Blood, Frost or UnholySulvain10 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Soul reaper flashing up when its rdy to use Im just making a suggestion of how since our soul reaper is our main execute now we should have it flash up just like how execute,sw:d, and many other executes that pop up like that. i think it would be very helpful for other players so they wont forget to use this ability on bosses Anybody agree?Arieis12 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Mop questing Thought I would let all DKs know that are about to/leveling in MoP. Pretty much every questing mob on Pandaria can be deathgriped whether or not it's a boss/elite that should have downtime or an invulnerable phase. Really speeds up any RP fights that some don't want to see a second, third maybe even a fourth time.Aeqx0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 macro to summon pet + death pack ? Tryed that one: #showtooltip Death Pact /cast [nopet] Raise Dead /cast [pet, @pet] Death Pact but it doesnt work. it just summon the pet but not death pack himVenur4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Death Knight needed for 10-man Raid Group Blood and Honor is a Horde guild on the Tanaris server. We are currently looking for a Death Knight to fill out one of our two 10-man raid teams. The ideal player will be able to fill roles as tank and dps as needed. We're friendly and casual. While the schedule is still in consideration, we normally run between 8:30 pm EST (Server Time) and 11pm EST two to three nights per week. If you are interested, roll a new toon on Tanaris and contact either "Cahoots" or "Displaced" in-game (in-game mail is fine). We look forward to hearing from you :)Gruuz0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 tips for onyxia 10 solo spec Just looking for some tips for onyxia 10 I know that it's easy, I was able to do it at 85 as blood, but it took a very long time mostly because phase 2 is limited in damage you can deal to her and lots of adds to deal with. I would like input on how to do it easy and quickly. Some questions: Blood spec in dps gear, or dps spec in tank gear? If dps spec, frost or unholy best for managing air phase? Better yet, can you pull it off with both a dps spec and dps gear? (assuming lvl 90 blue gear mostly) Any tips on very effective talents/glyphs are good. Basically this comes down to whether frost or unholy can self heal enough, because I know blood would make the fight take too long.Sineval6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Unholy question So... havent been unholy for a while, is exp still low on the stat weights, is DnD still used rotationally? With the new haste gems will those pass strength at some point? All good things to know. Also, crit>mastery still? or does the increase to our diseases and soul reaper make mastery more favorable?Zalavaaris2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Glyph of Path of Frost The glyph of Path of Frost will prevent fall damage on friends or just the Death Knight? Also, does casting this before I hit water cause a collision? example http://youtu.be/zd7c5tQCs1I Go easy, I haven't played Daily Death Knight since the Trial of the Grand Crusader.Babelon4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Need a PvP Guide plz Sup! Anyone knows where I could find a good guide for Arena pvp ? I want to read about the basics (gemming, glyph, must have talents, etc.) as I never did any serious pvp before besides fooling around in random BGs. I'll start to prepare myself as I make my way through 90 and hope to make my learning curve less steep ;) Big thanks!Ramoneur2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Blood Boil Damage? I'm currently a 2h Frost DK and am scratching my head over Blood Boil's damage. Blood Boil consistently outperforms Obliterate, FS and HB. Currently Obliterate crit gets me about 2,100 or so damage, HB and FS even less. Blood Boil gets me 2,600 normal damage and over 5k crit. I'm not complaining, just confused. Is this expected damage? If so I really so no reason to favor guaranteed obliterate crit over regular blood boil. -thanks!Therapistdk4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Addon to track dispellable buffs. Nvm, found an option in raven to do it.Kricis0 Oct 18, 2012