Death Knight

Aug 5, 2012 I need some help I've been doing 2h frost for a while, its been going ok but I think I would have higher dps in Unholy with my current weapon. If someone could take a look at my gear and tell me what I need to reforge to that would be amazingly helpful. I've checked noxxic and its saying that crit>26 expertise but I'm unsure if that is true or not. Also, I'm completely new to Unholy and have no idea of a rotation.Astridis6 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 BoAs or DK starting gears till 60 then BoAs? Title says all :) i wanna wreck some faces in bgs. so which is better hehe. P.S yes i have no life i must pwn noobs!Yarp1 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 Trying Unholy, is the Gargoyle worthless? Been Frost DW for most of Cata, but in order to alleviate the pre-expac boredom, I decided to try out Unholy dps (since I've got a normal Gurthulak). After half an hour whacking on the dummy and enjoying how fluid it feels compared to Frost (and how I only had to manually reapply diseases once, with a second Outbreak), I opened Recount and saw that I just barely sc!%#@d over my Frost DW dps (I've got a Heroic HoM and normal SD in Frost). Unperturbed by this, I inspected my pets' contributions to my damage; 22% from Timmy, 12% from Gurth procs, and...0% from the Gargoyle. Over the 9 or 10 times I summoned him, he did nothing but float near the dummy. What gives; is he just really buggy or broken? Any feedback would be appreciated! >.>Sigtyr5 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 Hey Im a new unholy player confused by my friend saying that he stacked his spellpen higher than 195 and saying there wasnt a problem. Could anyone break down the stats like 195and ect. because im very confused.Emceecoa3 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 New Dk Seeking Advice. Hey guys, I just made this new dk and I have a couple of questions. I have an 80 dk on another inactive account from before Cata came out but since then things have changed quite a bit. 1. Do you guys have any links or suggestions to what talents I should pick up and when? I plan on staying blood for most of the way there. 2. Do you think it would be faster to just spam dungeons rather than questing? Until atleast level 68-70. And once I hit those levels should I stay Blood or should I go Frost or Unholy. 3. When pvping would you suggest staying Blood or switch to Unholy or Frost? I seem to hit the hardest as Blood as of now. 4. What weapon rune should I be using? I've been sticking to Cinderglacier so far. And I dont get Stoneskin? Until level 72. Any other advice besides suggestions to the questions above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :DSkitzonfritz1 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 Anti magic shield Dk's why does your tooltip lie about how it works? Surrounds the Death Knight in an Anti-Magic Shell, absorbing 75% of the damage dealt by harmful spells (up to a maximum of 50% of the Death Knight's health) and preventing application of harmful magical effects. Lasts 5 sec. O, and curses... and poisons... and diseases... why don't they just fix the tooltip so it doesn't lie? Tell me that poison, curses, and diseases are magic effects. It will give me the laugh i have been needing all day.Zighter12 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 Necrotic Strike Nerf With Necrotic Strike now being affected by resilliance should it still be my main priority in arena. As of now my rotation (when theres a healer) is just festering strike *2 and then necrotic strike and death coil while my diseases and ghoul east away at the target. Am I doing something and should I change my rotation since Necrotic Strike has been nerfed?Sikish3 Aug 5, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 PvE Specs and Gulthalak Hey guys, I recently won Gulthalak, Voice of the Deeps in a raid, and I read that it can scale with the mastery from UH. I am currently frost, but would I increase my dps if I respec'ed to unholy?Hèrpes12 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Brand new with a question As a brand new frost specced DK (61 as I write this), should I go with the 2 hander or my dual wield for PVP in BGs?Nadorna9 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Min/Max Question on DK Diseases Coming from a Warlock, I'm wondering is it ever worthwhile to refresh your dots without Outbreak but manually. Say if you get some Attack power/Mastery Trinket procs? Say for Bane of Doom you want to reapply it in a meta with trinkets and let it fall off but after that while waiting for another meta you would reapply if you get better procs. With the DK do you just do this with Outbreak and Festering just keeps that same snapshotted one going? I know EJ recommends for the pull to manually start, get procs, outbreak, just wondering about the rest of the fight. Thanks! Lastly with Festering, you should never have to Fester with Death Runes to keep your dots going until the next Outbreak right? I've had it happen before but I think I messed something up in the rotation. Also I noticed that below a certain second amount on the dots festering wouldn't extend the duration... Thanks for the help courting my favorite Alt/getting him ready in case I'm not to fond of the Warlock changes. Tried some on PTR. Destro is like Arcane Mage, Aff feels clunky, and Demo has been simplified...Glad to see Unholy feels about the same which has always been awesome IMO. Just sorting out the min/max stuff heh.Rannoch5 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Stat question So i read the stickied DK pvp FAQ on these forums, which said the best stat for unholy pvp is haste, but the best for frost is mastery. Just wondering why this is, since unholy's mastery has both a higher base and a higher and it scales higher.Ramyna2 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Reroll Troll DK now 15% snare/root duration reduction from racial. 30% snare duration reduction from On a Pale Horse 20% Crowd Control duration reduction from Frost Presence .7 x .8 x. 85 = .47 aka snare duration halved .8 x .85 = .68 aka roots reduced by 30% Stuns/silences/fears etc reduced by 20% With Death's Advance talent: Move 10% faster. Passively cannot be slowed more than 30%, when activated gain 30% movement speed and cannot be slowed at all for 6 seconds. Look forward to seeing your opponent weep as you cannot be slowed below 70% and they must spam their slows to keep you that way.Rear10 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 DK quest glitch I'm trying to do the eye of archerus, but it won't analyze the Scarlet chapel or w/e it's called. I can't delete the DK coz I can't get to the mail box I've turned the game off turned it back on switched to a diff. character i've abandoned the quest it's been a few days and the quest is still glitchedUnfedpriest2 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 2 Friends and gems ends with a punch Hi fellow Blood Dk's, First of all i was the one who got punched in the head but it was my mates hand who ended up with the most damage. We were having a discussion about what are the best gems to use for a blood DK. As you can tell by how i gem i use a combo of anything that has mastery (parry/dodge for the socket bonus). He on the other hand ( not the broken one hopefully ) stacks pure stam and a little mastery. Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe he's wrong. I wouldn't but it past anything if we were both wrong. What do you guys think is the best. Also feel free to check out my gems and tell me what you would change. Thanks for taking the time to read this inane post. P.S. I realise i dont have the head enchant because i used to buy it with my main and send it to this guy but i forgot to do it before i transfered. Bloody rep grind now :)Lamhbais4 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Role of hit/exp for Blood DK tanking? I'm the back up tank for my guild and since most of the main raid group has regular DS on farm there is talk about moving to hard mode content. I had gotten some advice from a random person while I was at the AH that I should go for hit/exp cap (as tank) to maximize my dps for that level of progression as a number of the fights are a dps race. Since I haven't really done this yet, I was wondering how key this was or if I should go back to maximizing my mastery and avoidance and settling for a hit of about 2% and expertise of about 11. As a follow up question I was curious how important it was for the times when we are just doing regular DS and not trying hard mode. ThanksChunkymonk8 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 A question about hit rating I usually play as DW frost when i PVP, but i quest as unholy, and with MOP coming i figured i would get a new 2h ax. Now the deal is when i take off my DW axes my hit goes way down, but neither one of them has hit rating on them. when i put on my 2h ax my hit stays down. My 2h ax has the same stats, just higher. My question is, what else effects the hit rating, besides hit rating? If that makes sense.Nayl2 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 DK Beta Stream Mogu'Shan Vaults http://www.twitch.tv/GamerlCD LFR of the MSV opened up. Come have some fun, ask questions and interact.Alakon0 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 4, 2012 Blood DK Cloak I've been trying to push my item level up and one of the peices of gear I need to replace is my cloak. Currently I have Iceward Cloak with the haste reforged to dodge. The valor upgrade is to the Indefatigable Greatcloak which has parry and expertise +1 yellow socket. I would lose 129 mastery and the dodge i have reforged. My parry is already much higher than my dodge so i dont need any more of it (around 20%) Id hate to lose all that mastery but raid leaders want higher item levels. Any thoughts on what i should do? or better cloaks?Vizjunii1 Aug 4, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Death Knight overpopulation You think they will die down in MoP? I would like to stick with my dk because I'm not that big of a fan of my 85 rogue; just don't like the gameplay of them. But I love my DK, he wrecks face. Always has. But back to the point, I've always felt like there are too many of them and I've always hated the feeling of playing the "overplayed" class. It's just because I'm weird I guess, but still. Any thoughts?Talfuren18 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Soloing Guides I'll be soloing bosses, mainly from Wrath raids, and Cata raids when MoP hits, and writing down a small strategy, along with requirements, in a comment on the individual bosses. I'll update this post with what bosses have the strats. I realize that there's already a soloing guide for Death Knights on these forums, but this is more condensed, and boss-specific. Use whichever you prefer. Molten Core: -Lucifron -Magmadar -Gehennas -Garr -Shazzrah -Baron Geddon -Sulfuron Harbinger -Golemagg the Incinerator -Majordomo Executus -Ragnaros Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj: -Kurinaxx -General Rajaxx -Moam -Buru the Gorger -Ayamiss the Hunter -Ossirian the Unscarred Naxxramas: -Anub'Rekhan -Grand Widow Faerlina -Maexxna -Noth the Plaguebringer -Heigan the Unclean -Loatheb -Instructor Razuvious -Gothik the Harvester -The Four Horsemen -Patchwerk -Grobbulus -Gluth -Thaddius -Sapphiron -Kel'Thuzad Icecrown Citadel: -Lord Marrowgar -Gunship Battle (Impossible)Aaronierro2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 The state of DW Frost in MoP I'm incredibly unimpressed. Actually I'm unimpressed with the state of DKs in MoP in general. Bland talent trees, nothing really gives us some oomph in PvP. It's all relatively bland control and utility spells. I wouldn't mind if it was the staple, however other class trees show that to be untrue. Most other classes have multiple talents that will significantly alter some aspect of their character. Most importantly our DPS is pretty abysmal. 20k behind the top of the pack. Once again, I don't expect us to be the highest, however that is a HUGE discrepancy. I'm not doomsaying and saying the class is dead, it's just unfortunate. And does anyone else still find, after all this time, that our double resource system is still far too clunky and prone to long periods of inactivity?Sevir3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Weapons Gurthalak, Voice of the deeps regluar or Herioc Experimental Specimen Slicer for Unholy PvE and PvP thanks in advance!Dedria3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 LOL Do You Remember When... In the beginning of Wrath when frost was op, you could summon a death gate prior to combat, wreck a couple of fools in a group out in the world and escape through your gate without dying? I DO! (much better than bubble hearth imo). What else do you remember about your DK?Feudal14 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Frost DW ? I have been playing this spec for awhile but single target dps seems to be dreadful. I have many classes much lower ilvl than my dk doing at least 5k more dps. Is the spec bad or I am just a baddie?Tiger8 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 LVL 60-69 pvp gear with all the controversy about dk get no lvl 60 field marshals i do good in normal dk starting area gear which is pretty good better than most but when u hit lvl 64 id buy fel iron gear its a set of chest hands legs waist feet its amazing gear now the hands not so much i have about 8.3k hp no buff which is pretty good so if your a lvl 64 buy fel iron armor its real cheap for chest, legs , waist, feet i picked it all up for about 60g total hope this helps lower dksMunddon3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Is kiting NEEDED as an Unholy DK (pvp) I've been playing DK for a little bit now and was just wondering why most DKs kite other melee classes. Usually they would just kill my ghoul and that's where a good chunk of my damage comes from. Any thoughts or opinions?Scremma11 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 DK Swapping to Horde - Race Selection. So Im getting a faction swap to Horde. Wondering what some of you might think would be the best race to choose. I'm a blood DK for PvE Tank. Well, here's my thoughts. Tauren - HP Buff and AoE Stun. Troll - Regen, Movement impairment reduction Orc - Stun Reduction And not going to bother with the others because I'm not interested in their skins. Also more interested in the Tanky part of the classes, not the DPS part. Anything notable to add? Edit: Forgot Tauren Nature Res.Solidify12 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 How do I beat a rogue? I'm not even kidding, rogues are impossible for me to beat. Sub rogues to be exact. Are there any DKs out there who know how to actually beat a rogue in duels? If you do please share!Saìf12 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Need Transmog Help I need to find a pair of pants that match! id love some suggestions thanks! :)Gray2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 PvP Glyph: Scourge Strike Vs Death and Decay I've been thinking about the prime glyphs in Noxxic.com. i just noticed that the Glyph of Scourge Strike must be active. I don't see why what's the point of having Glyph of Scourge Strike in current patch since that we almost never use it in PvP and rather stack Necrotic Strikes. Alongside of Death Coil and Raise Dead prime glyphs, i've noticed that Unholy Death Knights consistantly use Death and Decay sometimes. So here is the question i would like to ask you. Do you think that i should use Glyph of Death and Decay over Scourge Strike? Please explain the reason.Uzuko5 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 UH DK Pressure Master is out! Check it out: I basically showed the difference between UH and Frost and why UH is RP starving in PvP. Also showed the ways to get out of starvation and addressed the rotation part and how people in PvP should focus on Priority vs Rotation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUe1XoOzn3k&list=UU0vS_Myk5QD8myjBmEYtjGw&index=0&feature=plcpReiñhart7 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 down time chat hiBettieone13 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Ghoul Name So I'm in Grim Batol normal and Death Pact my ghoul and resummon one(unholy spec btw). I don't know if I ever want to play this DK again out of fear of losing the ghoul. His name is Cryptkeeper(a-la Tales from the Crypt). I win the internets right? I aways liked the names that come together for summoned ghoul names but this is so win.Synas0 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Question for Pro Frost Dk's Hi guys, I am recently returned to wow on a new account after a long break. I used to play a frost dk, with the Shadowfrost Build (Howling Blast spam type). My favorite thing to do in the game is melee aoe dps, and that build was perfect for that. Now that I am working to 55 and can roll a dk, does anyone still use this type of build effectively? If it is not viable in Pandaria expansion, I will stick with the Ret Pally. Thanks for any information, have a good day.Chubadin14 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Just hit 80, some tanking advice please. I had a guildie make me the whole tanking set, and bought some others, so I know the gear is fine, I have only killed one boss in cata so far, but it went very well as well. but now that I can't faceroll through dungeons I need a rotation. Do I stack mastery and parry as well? Do I just keep dodge where I can get it? What kind of rotation, I read that heart strike isn't that good. Thanks for the replys in advance, looking forward to tanking.Mmo9 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 New Spell Suggestion: Dark Transfer This idea came from a fansite thread, and I wanted to post here for any lurking developers/designers. Since we haven't gotten to a point where Runeforging might be updated (not overly necessary, but it was said to be in the works), I would like to suggest the following as an option for those DK's who prefer not to venture to Archerus every time they get a new weapon (particularly good when leveling, since we no longer have to train there anyway). :Dark Transfer: You remove your active runeforge from one weapon and place it onto another appropriate weapon. It would have the same time channeling as using the runeforge itself, and probably good to have something like a 2+ min CD (to avoid cheesing in PVP, if that's possible). Death Knights would still travel to Archerus for the same reasons as before, including to pick a different runeforge (though I could see some just holding onto items with the appropriate forges on them. Bag space vs. Time I suppose in that case). Any thoughts or other suggestions in this regard? Please note I've not seen this as a problem myself, but it would be convenient, and there are those out there who could benefit from it.Arrogance11 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Expertise in PvP? So recently I thought I'd try out my DK a bit, to help pass the time until MoP and to see which of my characters I'm planning to make my main come expac. Generally I try new characters by jumping into PvP and seeing how much I enjoy the class there, and as I gear up this character, A question came to mind. How useful is expertise for Unholy PvP/DK PvP? Should I aim for the 5% cap like some other melee classes? A lower cap? Ignore it entirely? I like to understand as much about the class I'm playing as possible, and was curious because the PvP stickies don't seem to mention expertise, so I'm curious how good/bad it is for DKs in BGs/Arena.Mallitas1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Speed DK Leveling in MoP Don't have beta? Here is a speed guide leveling as a dk for those going for server/world firsts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLLq_Iew1GIAlakon4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Frost or Unholy DKs for PvP? Before I start, yeah there has been a lot of threads created about this in the past, but I never got the answer I was looking for. So trolls, stay away. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So I've been playing as a frost DK ever since I even got a DK, and would swtich to blood for tanking or sometimes for PVP just to piss people off with my survivability. For arenas I seem to do well when I go blood and pair up with a rogue or feral. Anyways, my question is; Should I bother switching to Unholy spec for PvP (BGs/Arenas)? I know that frost seems to have a lot more burst damage than an unholy, but unholy has the capabilities to survive more and kite better. As well as saying this, does frost or unholy DKs do better in duels, such as versing a hard class to beat like a rogue?Saìf13 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Struggling and need some advice please ! Hi there, I am looking for some advices on how to make the most of my char as I think am playing it wrongly. this is my primary talent: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#dc00!YQkWVhbWeW!! and this is the secondary: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#dc01!Yj!kYahTQeTgQ!b My aim to play PVP so which one is better? and what about pve? What is my skil rotation for each one? hope someone can give me some help. RegardsBullshaite5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Glyph of deaths embrace not working? Hey all, just wanted to see if this glyph is working for other dks, because its not working for me at the moment. Please post and say if its currently working for you so I can look at a fix if its just me. Thanks all.Throne9 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Bg pvp and best spec? So I have never played a DK before. Decided to lvl one as its the last class I dont have at 85. Browsing over the forums I am having a hard time figuring out what is the best spec for bg pvp. Can anyone help me out with a spec for bgs?Johnmcclaine6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Glyph of pillar of frost I don't get it. Makes you immune to CC but makes you stay in place.Kalyssa2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Taking up pvp :) I've decided to take up pvp in combination with just running 5 mans. I need a question answered, I should I aim to get current season gear or stick with earlier season. I don't really have any pvp gear yet, Ill be pvping with my guild which will help but any advice fellow Dk's who pvp can give will help thanks :)Gwendalon4 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Obliterate Problems I seem to always have Obliterate on CD when killing machine proc's, So do I wait for Oblit or just frost strike. Id say my oblit is on CD when killing machine procs 90% of the time.. I know I'm probably a noob but I'm trying to better myself.Doubleothree7 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Tier 14 set bonuses Didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd post them. Death Knight T14 Blood 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Vampiric Blood ability by 20 sec. Death Knight T14 Blood 4P Bonus - New: Increases the healing received from your Death Strike by 10%. Death Knight T14 DPS 2P Bonus - New: Your Obliterate deals 20% increased damage and your Scourge Strike deals 10% increased damage. Death Knight T14 DPS 4P Bonus - New: Your Pillar of Frost ability grants 5% additional Strength, and your Unholy Frenzy ability grants 10% additional haste.Ohgodfleas11 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Okay..? Question. Is it really bad for a frost DK to go with Crit and Haste. I know Haste is the best state for a frost dk, but I've just recently went with a crit heavy gear change, and I'm still topping damage in BGs? Is this a problem? Why exactly is "Haste" the most important state for a Frost DK? Is it for proc's mostly, or is there another reason I don't know about? Because Like I said, I'm still topping damage in BGs over everyone else.Nefaious6 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Sooooooo Mechanical it killllllllls me I really do not understand for the life of me why people are soooooooooooo mad and sooooooo upset with what other people choose to do with their own characters. So what if someone wants to use a Blood DK in an arena... oh no they didn't pick Unholy the world is going to end..OMG they didnt use Frost DK for BG's ...better get out the gun and shoot yourself from the amount of stress it caused you... who freakin cares.. all that matters is that they are having fun.. its a game to enjoy... not spaz out about specs and how and when they NEEEEED to be used.. ok im done ranting.Azaelus17 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Stam or Mastery? Hey guys just wondering if it would be better to gem for stam or mastery as blood. ThanksJastzul8 Aug 1, 2012