Death Knight

Oct 18, 2012 Mop questing Thought I would let all DKs know that are about to/leveling in MoP. Pretty much every questing mob on Pandaria can be deathgriped whether or not it's a boss/elite that should have downtime or an invulnerable phase. Really speeds up any RP fights that some don't want to see a second, third maybe even a fourth time.Aeqx0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 macro to summon pet + death pack ? Tryed that one: #showtooltip Death Pact /cast [nopet] Raise Dead /cast [pet, @pet] Death Pact but it doesnt work. it just summon the pet but not death pack himVenur4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Death Knight needed for 10-man Raid Group Blood and Honor is a Horde guild on the Tanaris server. We are currently looking for a Death Knight to fill out one of our two 10-man raid teams. The ideal player will be able to fill roles as tank and dps as needed. We're friendly and casual. While the schedule is still in consideration, we normally run between 8:30 pm EST (Server Time) and 11pm EST two to three nights per week. If you are interested, roll a new toon on Tanaris and contact either "Cahoots" or "Displaced" in-game (in-game mail is fine). We look forward to hearing from you :)Gruuz0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 tips for onyxia 10 solo spec Just looking for some tips for onyxia 10 I know that it's easy, I was able to do it at 85 as blood, but it took a very long time mostly because phase 2 is limited in damage you can deal to her and lots of adds to deal with. I would like input on how to do it easy and quickly. Some questions: Blood spec in dps gear, or dps spec in tank gear? If dps spec, frost or unholy best for managing air phase? Better yet, can you pull it off with both a dps spec and dps gear? (assuming lvl 90 blue gear mostly) Any tips on very effective talents/glyphs are good. Basically this comes down to whether frost or unholy can self heal enough, because I know blood would make the fight take too long.Sineval6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Unholy question So... havent been unholy for a while, is exp still low on the stat weights, is DnD still used rotationally? With the new haste gems will those pass strength at some point? All good things to know. Also, crit>mastery still? or does the increase to our diseases and soul reaper make mastery more favorable?Zalavaaris2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Glyph of Path of Frost The glyph of Path of Frost will prevent fall damage on friends or just the Death Knight? Also, does casting this before I hit water cause a collision? example http://youtu.be/zd7c5tQCs1I Go easy, I haven't played Daily Death Knight since the Trial of the Grand Crusader.Babelon4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Need a PvP Guide plz Sup! Anyone knows where I could find a good guide for Arena pvp ? I want to read about the basics (gemming, glyph, must have talents, etc.) as I never did any serious pvp before besides fooling around in random BGs. I'll start to prepare myself as I make my way through 90 and hope to make my learning curve less steep ;) Big thanks!Ramoneur2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Blood Boil Damage? I'm currently a 2h Frost DK and am scratching my head over Blood Boil's damage. Blood Boil consistently outperforms Obliterate, FS and HB. Currently Obliterate crit gets me about 2,100 or so damage, HB and FS even less. Blood Boil gets me 2,600 normal damage and over 5k crit. I'm not complaining, just confused. Is this expected damage? If so I really so no reason to favor guaranteed obliterate crit over regular blood boil. -thanks!Therapistdk4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Addon to track dispellable buffs. Nvm, found an option in raven to do it.Kricis0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Leveling, Frost or Unholy? Hey there well I just entered the MoP leveling zones and I've been frost and blood since level 55. But thinking about it now I really like the idea of a perma pet in Unholy so my question is, is frost better for leveling above unholy? I believe from what I've read that Frost has more DPS but I don't really know the numbers on Unholy leveling wise. Please give me some feedback, maybe from someone who has leveled Unholy 85-90, but any feedback will do.Trevorkahn7 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 frost dk pvp question. I am new to dk pvp and was wondering if i have to be using necrotic strike. right now i dont use it at all and was wondering if i am supposed to be doing it in my pvp rotation. if so please let me know when and against what class or comp thanks.Bigmeechh4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Question about Runes and Runic Power Hey all, First off, I'm fairly new to the Death Knight class, been playing this toon for about 3 days. I was wondering about our Skill/Spell priorities. I think I've got the basics down. I've seen some conflicting sources saying Obliterate with Killing Machine is higher on the list than HB with Rime. And some that say it's the other way around. But anyway, the main question would be how would you prioritize the Runic Power dump over Rune use? For example, and this happens every now and again, I do not have a full set of Runes down. So using Frost Strike will not proc my Runic Empowerment. However, I'm almost at the Runic Power cap, 90-95 for example. So spending the Rune will lead to a waste in Runic Power generation as I have hit the cap. But then again, dumping will have no positive effect on getting Runic Empowerment to proc. Was wondering what should I be doing in this case? I usually figure to dump the Runic Power first as I will regenerate the Runic Power once I use the Rune. However, I'm not completely sure. Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing? Really appreciate any and all constructive advice. Thanks! -OceannisOceannis2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Did blood get nerfed? Ive just noticed today Im taking allot more damage than usual. My gear hasn't changed at all. Anyone else?Bluèsteel1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Druids and Remorseless Winter So yea was dueling a resto druid last night for some giggles and I've noticed that when he shape shifts it removes all or any stacks from Remorseless Winter, I understand getting rid of chains of ice and chilblains, but even Remorseless Winter stacks WTF.Wolvand42 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Why is this macro needed for Dark Simulacrum? So I'm getting a late start-up back here in Mists after having taken a 3 month break at the end of Cataclysm. I've been doing some quick DK website research in order to get back into the swing of things and I came across a "macro" that I don't quite understand...as in I don't understand why it is necessary (I understand the syntax and what it does). The macro is listed as being useful for Dark Simulacrum and is simply a "mass" /cancelaura. I'd like to know: 1) Why is this macro necessary? 2) It does not even have "/cast Dark Simulacrum" in it...so would it be something you used BEFORE or AFTER you cast Dark Simulacrum? This is the macro and description as listed on the website: /cancelaura Lichborne /cancelaura Hand of Protection /cancelaura Unholy Frenzy /cancelaura Ice Block /cancelaura Divine Shield How it Works - Cancels all beneficial spells, so you can use Dark Simulacrum without wasting a cooldown. If you’re feeling social you can also put in a /laugh for their enjoyment.Seplo5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Armory bug? Curious, after looking over a few other death knights with similar ilvl, and knowing for a fact that I have better stats in a few cases, I still see thier base str, haste, and attack power on the armory is a lot higher than my own. Can someone shed some light on this for me?Chelmon5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Frost PvP: HB or Icy Touch Glyphed? So has anyone thought about the trade offs between using these two spells: damage over utility? Also, what have you guys selected as your Level 58 Talent for PvP?Musing4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 ugh idk which alliance race i wanna be i've seen the min/max list but idk. i'm torn between male worgen, female draenei, male gnome, and human. does the 10% human rep racial make that big of a diff? cause dailies are boring. i like big weapons and big looking gear, so part of me wants to be a giant draenei man. what do you guys like and dislike about your races?Idc3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 DK Creation Screen Blue Tint this blue tint is annoying as fffffff. does it bug anyone else as it does me?Idc0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Can Val'kyr create DK's? Or only the Lich King?Idc5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Lvling a dk to 90 in a couple of days I have a death knight and i am tired of doin quest just to lvl up it takes me forever just to complete one quest plus its not fat at higher lvls could someone tell me a better way to lvl other than questing and queing for dungeonsZuroa2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 So blood dks 4 90s just chased a blood DK for around 15 minutes, is it just me or do they not dieAsuuna20 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Frost DK nerf? Did Frost DKs get a hotfix nerf? I feel my damage is super low all of a sudden?Worstdkever2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Blood DK healing done Hello fellow Deathknights! I am trying to get some feedback on how much of the total healing I should be doing in a 5 man heroic. As of right now I am averaging about 24% of healing done. Is this good, bad, or normal? I have been trying very hard to become more reactive with my death strives and rune taps, which has helped bring that number significantly. One more thing to note is I can't find blood shield anywhere on recount, if anyone knows how to fix this or a better addon, please let me know. Thanks in advance!Sévén12 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 @All the DW tanking threads. http://i.imgur.com/YhKAo.jpg Happy now?Tritonis6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 No quest(s) that leads me out of DK starting? This is my first DK...I have gone through quite a bit of quests but I seem to have run out? The last quest I turned in was the one with the cauldron, where I received the health potions using the skulls. Now I'm out of quetsts. I looked on WoWhead and I seem to have completed them all? I must be missing some of them? Shouldn't there be a quest that leads me to Org or something like that? Any help would be appreciated. SyrSyrvaak2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Blood Death Knight pre raid gear Hey everyone. So I'm just kind of a fresh 90 haven't had much play time at 90 with work and all that fun jazz. I'm wondering if there is a list somewhere with pre raid gear for Blood Death Knights. Where to find it and what to be aiming for before you step up to raids. Any help is much appreciated :)Càs1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 soul reaper bug? anyone else notice not getting the full 10 second haste bonus if your kill target dies before dot completion? is this a bug? is it just me?Lucius6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 MoP DW Frost I just started playing again yesterday and decided to see how frost spec had changed since MoP. In the process I've noticed a lot of people and guides mentioning how 2h frost is now better than DW for PvE. Is this true? I haven't delved into MoP much yet. So any advice to help me get started in the right direction would be much appreciated.Fayladin7 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Give asphyxiate a passive effect Give it a slow on blood plague as well as the current stun ability. then we would have 1. snare mitigation 2. ranged/aoe slows and a root 3. melee snare+stun CD instead of 1. snare mitigation 2. ranged/aoe slows and a root 3. noob flaggerKittiehater8 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 /cry anyone else that used to 2h frost remember how smooth the rotation was? anyone want unholy to actually be a non redundant spec that is comparable with frost(dps wise)? I swear it's near impossible to have a smooth rotation with 2h frost. I've looked at guides and tried all sorts of different ways to get a good rotation but it is impossible to have a lasting rotation throughout a simple fight with one enemy. Now with unholy... When MoP came out i was hoping for one major change, for unholy to be actually competetive when it came to dps. It's rotation can last nearly forever but its overall dps is horrid compared to frost dw. Also unholy has the worst survivability and is extremely hard to solo in MoP because they can't kill enemies fast enough. Sorry i just needed to vent my anger out but nevertheless, this is all true for me.Lahgtah10 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Force Choke or Chillblains :)Glowdy10 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 soul reaper macro for blood tanks? Hey hey hey, so I'm not very good with macro creating and was wondering if somebody could make or has a macro that would basically show the tooltip for soul reaper so I can see its cooldown, but cast heart strike unless I'm holding in shift, in which case it will cast soul reaper. I've tried using google to look for a macro to do this but have been unsuccessful. Edited spelling errors, accidentally posted this too early >.<Ginjek5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 How can I improve? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sb6u18vwgsvsm9id/details/5/?s=10935&e=11432 Those are my logs from my Elegon kill. I feel like I can improve in some areas Im just not sure what. Would really appreciate any feedback that could help me. Also gear wise, any tips would be helpful. (Just got the wrists so those may not have updated with my enchant and reforge) Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism! :DJumpx0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 So how's Pandaren's Step working out? Hey all. I'm wondering what the best boot enchant would be for 2h Frost PvP. I'm a huge fan of stacking Haste right now, so I threw Greater Haste on my disposable honor point boots, but for my Conquest boots I thought I should give it more consideration. Is anyone using Pandaren's Step, and if so could you regale me with tales of its awesomeness? In particular, does the movement speed increase (I heard it's like 8%) stack with On a Pale Horse and Death's Advance? Cuz if not, it doesn't seem like the Mastery benefit by itself is too exciting. People keep telling me Pandaren's Step is the preferred enchant, but I just can't get into it.Dravot2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Raise Dead bugged Just wondering if anyone's Ghoul that u summon with raise dead through unholy spec is bugged the pet doesn't move he just stays where u summoned him and all his spells on the pet bar are grayed outScared5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Leveling 85-90 Wow on playing the unholy spec so far. Is Unholy the way to go over Frost for 85-90 leveling? Just getting back into again after taking some time off.Wonderkills3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Single boss raid DPS low Can anyone give me any tips for frost DK 2H. I can do around 80kdps on mobs but on the 2nd boss of MSV im only pulling around 24k. Im doing about 44k on heroic dungeon bosses.Grucifer14 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 2H Frost Stat Priority. Hey guys, I'm 2h frost dps and I'm currently 2h frost pve and I've been reforging my haste on gear to crit if there isn't a crit value or mastery if there IS a crit value. I've been seeing alot of people getting lots of haste for pvp frost and I'm wondering if I should get my haste back or the priority for green stats on gear. Thanks in advance.Juraull5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Blood - 1H Weapon from Elegon Any other Blood Tanks get their loot from Elegon only to see the 1H Weapon in their bags. I did and a part of me died inside. Why is it even an option when they've explicitly said no to DW-Tanking.. /angryrantBlighter4 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Frost + Ret critic my build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#kxTd|kqb Actualy I'm not sure about pilar of frost as glyph and My dececration. Anyone running this comp can comment my set-up ?Venur6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 DK PvE dps low? Since we've started raiding MSV I've found I'm trailing down towards the bottom of the meters in most single target situations. I'm swapped between 2H Frost and UH and dont find a huge difference. Are we kind of middle of the pack so far in MoP?Gorebrew8 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Dk streams, Where are they? I've been looking consistently for a good DK stream for PvP and seem not to be able to find any, is there anyone in particular I should watch? Also, I am open for watching videos on YouTube or Twitch Previously Recorded. I just cant seem to find a stream with a DK O.oßkthedk6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Frost DK valor gear priority title explains I was wondering if there was something I didn't know about which pieces of valor gear i should get first or if it doesn't matter!? thanks!Churchills1 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Best PvP Spec these days? I am prob gonna bring my DK up to 90 soon and do some pvp on him, what would the best pvp spec be? I mostly have interest in Random and Rated bgsRuneslol2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 [Suggestion] Asphyxiate Alternative *Disclaimer! This is an unofficial idea. Desecrated Ground "When your Blood Plague deals damage, a 5 yard radius beneath the victim's feet becomes desecrated, reducing the movement speed of all enemies standing upon the unholy ground by 50%. Desecrated Ground effects cannot be created within 10 yards of each other and each effect lasts 8 seconds".Think of a Monk's Path of Blossoms but the enemies generate the effect instead. edit: Just an idea, not a patch note I read somewhere. edit 2: I suppose I have a way with tooltip language.Pushßutton11 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 where do DKs stand in pvp? i think they are gonna be my next class i level up. some people say they are awesome others say they are too squishy... so whats the deal?Ojdajoozmane15 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Gemming confusion (2h frost pve) - pls help!! EJ says this: ... However, per this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEwKT9377f3dG5jLU1DTDhaZnFJX1BENllLTXdaUWc#gid=7 And this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893720052#4 ... And this guy I found on WoL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/Kreigerz/advanced And (shudder) AMR, it seems that gemming for haste/str (and where there is no socket bonus straight up haste) is the right way to go. Please help!! /confusedGhatok8 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Blood Death Knights Are blood death knights for dps or tanking? I'm still very confused. And what spec is the best for duel wield and 2h swords to do the most damage. Thanks. :) FrostwynFrostwyn5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Plague Leech: Outbreak I'm afraid of the stories my friends tell me about Ambien. Anyway, just had a thought about disease "protection". First, some opinions: Glyph of Enduring Infection costs too much damage. Glyph of Outbreak costs too much RP. Plague Leech doesn't fit in the "Disease Application" tree. Killing three stones with one bird? Plague Leech "R̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶O̶u̶t̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶5̶0̶%̶.̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶, when both of your diseases are dispelled from a target, the cooldown on Outbreak is reset."edit! Just throwing this in here: U̶n̶h̶o̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ "Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶e̶c̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶U̶n̶h̶o̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ i̶n̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶B̶l̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶r̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶F̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶."B̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶e̶t̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶3̶0̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶O̶u̶t̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶. edit2: may have gone overboard.Pushßutton4 Oct 17, 2012