Death Knight

Apr 23, 2012 Unholy to frost critique needed please So I just re-specced from unholy to frost and I -re-glyphed -forged out of crit, kept some haste (good or bad idea?) -working on practicing my rotation I seem to be doing better DPS (than when I was unholy)..even with my 2H axe. Any suggestions?Flintbrow3 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Frost dk dps, Where should I be? I was wondering if my dps, for my gear, is good enough. I usually pull 33k on N Ultraxion, and I do around 53k on Madness. Also, I have the 403 best in slot shoulders, but I also have the 397 tier shoulders that would complete my 4 set, which ones should I have equipped until I get the other token. Finally, instead of 403 soul drinker, should I use 397 Hand of Morchok? Thanks for the help, please throw in any tips.Secretgoblin5 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Some thoughts on Unholy Just let me say I love the dk class. I love the way blood works as a tank spec, and frost has been a lot of fun so far. Over the last few weeks though I've tried the unholy spec, partially to see what it's like, but also because my best weapon is just better for unholy. So I've read guides, and practiced a lot on the target dummies, and have tried it in a few dungeons and raids. The spec seems fun for various reasons, but I just can't seem to get over my main annoyance with it, dark transformation. It's a cool mechanic in a sense, changing your ghoul into a super ghoul who does more damage, but it seems excessive for it require 5 death coils doesn't it? I have an addon to track the duration of my ghouls transformation so I can stock pile runic power for the next transformation, but 5 death coils seems like a lot. Plus runic power generation seems a lot lower, to me, then as frost. Plus you need runic power for your gargoyle. Not a huge issue since it's a 3 minute cooldown, but it does seem to take forever at the start of most fights when you want to get all your cooldowns running to get everything up. Just figured I'd see what everyone else thinks? I guess if you all disagree with me it's just a case of unholy not being a good spec for me. :PImapwnurface15 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Dk or Druid? currently looking to choose between one of my 85 characters i want to be able to tank and dps which of these 2 classes are better for this and will be more in demand and such and more fun? any advice would be amazing!! tyEclypto6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 85 pvp so my dk is about to be 85 and i wanna get some opinions on pvp specs right now i'm mainly going to be doing bg's and such so would frost be better suited or is unholy strong in bg's. i always see frost dk's doing stupid high amounts of dmg in bg's haven't bg'ed in a bit tho so wanna know whats currentMartlin21 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 PvP - I feel week. In regards to BG's and 1 v 1. Do DKs get better once geared ? I seem to get smashed so easy. Is it worth while gearing this guy up, or should I stick with my disc priest + feral druid which both I have no problems with survivability. Please tell me DKs get better.....P.S - I currently play as FROST!Gabbie25 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Blood Dk Pvp Gear I've recently started pvping as a blood dk. I briefly tried frost, but without pvp gear, I get blown up. And being blown up is demoralizing. Anyways, I've gotten two pieces of gear thus far, and while the end goal is to pvp Frost/Unholy spec, I'm sticking with Blood until I get most of my pvp gear. Now, the question is.... Do I wear pve gear for blood spec, or pvp gear? Pvp gear doesn't have mastery on it, which gives more power to my Death Strike shield. PVE gear has mastery on it, but no resilience. Or... Do I reforge the pvp gear to include mastery?Necrothian14 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Need an xmog suggestion I'm trying to go for the Black/white deathbone set look but after numerous (and I mean, NUMEROUS!) runs I could not get the deathbone gauntlets and the spiderfang carapace to drop. Do any of you guys have any suggestions for replacements for the 2 piece to match my set?Icantbubble0 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 DK Keybinds Sorta interested in Death Knights, but I'm curious as to how many keybinds you generally use. More than a feral druid? Is DK keybinding difficult, Or is it pretty straight forwards with your basic abilities?Swagkitty14 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 whats raids can i solo? hello there, im in need of money for my final flying training, and i was wondering what raids/dungeons are good for gold. i did molten core last night and am waiting for the reset so i need something to doRoldridenus4 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Frost Dual-Wield DPS Problems I've been trying to get my DPS up in Dual-Wield Frost spec. Gone to a bunch of sites pertaining to Death Knight DPS and Tanking advice/tips/guides. I've gotten a rotation down from Noxxic, as well as stat priorities, presence advice, enchanting/gemming/reforging/etc. I still can only pull about 17k-20k in Heroics and LFR. I know a lot of other Dual-Wield frost DK's in nearly the same gear as me, doing the same things as I do(from what they tell me at least) and with nearly the same stats. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, here. I'll list my stats below. If anyone has any tips they could share, or advice on my stats, I'd be more than welcome to trying anything at this point. Damage: 3203-4065 DPS: 2376.8/1390.5 Attack Power: 11843 Speed: 1.53/1.53 Haste: +70.09% Rune Speed: 8.15s Hit Chance: 9.68% Crit Chance: 6.70% Expertise: 27/27 Mastery: 15.62 Strength: 5389 I use Razorice enchant on my main hand, and Fallen Crusader on my offhand. I DPS in Unholy presence, and my rotation consists of: Diseases up > Obliterate(when it procs) > Frost Strike to dump runic power. I have glyph of Howling Blast, so I use that to get frost fever up as well as do damage when it procs or when I need frost fever back on the enemy. My talents are on my Armory page, as well as my frost DPS gear. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Wolvigar7 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Trouble getting my transmog http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=47176:47197:47229:47495:47502:47511:47565:50268:50268:72854 This is what I'm going for but I can't seem to get get a guild group large enough to get through the jousting phase in the opening of the instance. Anyone know of a suitable replacement for some parts? wowhead isn't too much help there.Murcury2 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 what spec for levelling in MoP? what spec will you be levelling with in mists of pandaria? i tried blood but it just seems so slow to kill mobs. frost is alot faster and its not hard to keep up your health if you grab death siphon. i have yet to try unholy. what will you most likely be levelling as in mop?Evisolace3 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Unholy DPS question... Do you guys use Unholy Frenzy on yourself or do some of you still use it on your gargoyle?Thaladius2 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Starting RBGS as first time Frost. Greetings. So im starting RBGS on my DK and wondering how to approach it, Is going DW instead of 2H really worth it? if so does priority change at all? Also what are the latest hot macros for frost dks besides the obviouse focus macros. Cheers.Gorghul4 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Control Undead and Dark Transformation Obviously this is an issue that might have been address by us, but not by Blizzard. Our new legit spell Control Undead allows us to control an undead NPC as our minion. This is great if you are blood or frost. However, this spell is rendered useless because of Dark Transformation being vital to the Unholy Priority System. We lose too much to use it. Now I know people will just say respec or don't use it. My idea is that either we have 2 pets up(kinda OP I know) or DT is reworked to work with our temp minion. Now obviously this spell is rendered useless in Raids do the the lack of adds in fights that can be CC(which there are probably no fights), but in a level/dungeon grinding sense this could be an issue. Thanks for you time, -EndyEndymion16 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Frost Death Knights are squishy despite resil I (a Frost Death Knight) have 4988 resilience. In Warsong Gulch desmourning i stumbled upon an opposing faction Rogue. This rogue, after using his sap until it dr'ed (which is 10 seconds of stun...) opened on me. He was not geared and infact after i armoried him he was wearing a blue item amongst his cata and ruthless pieces. In that opener (a kidney shot followed by a cheap shot) i died. It felt apparent that the class was over powered or my class was under armored. After being killed by the same rogue countless times (one time even using my trinket which lead to nothing but death again), it had occured that Frost Death Knights armor value is inferior. I have watched countless rogues open on other classes and simply get them to 3/4 or 1/2 health, but killing one in an opener!?. How does this make the game balanced and how does it make Frost Death Knights feel when people that just dinged can kill us without hesitation. Please fix this Blizzard, you seem to look past all of the main issues and look deeper into the issues that aren't really considered 'an issue'. ~TrusketsTruskets49 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Dear Blizzard Reverse Death Grip please.Komachi16 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 pvp help. Im getting destroyed in pvp.. i dont know if its because im 4lvls under half the people or not. what dungeons will give me better gear cause ive done almost all of them and i havent got any new gear. Then can you plz help me with a rotation.thanksBoswarredd1 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 any one have a blood tank DW spec? Just started playing my dk after not playing this alt for a long time . I wanna DW tank. Need the spec. thanks Versastyless87 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 please make humanDK voices more terrifying :) as you can see by my user name spicysalsa one of my many characters in the game is a human deathknight. i also have a blood elf death knight and wile doing the dungeon old hillsbrad i noticed that when a blood elf death knight turned into a human, the voice of your charecters seem to be a little more 'bad !@#' than actual humans. i know blizzard probably wont change the voices but it would really make my character seem kewler. who else would agree?Spicysalsa0 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Unholy DK - Dark transformation Is there an addon that can track the number of deathcoil before Dark Transformation and then reset after the 30 seconds to track the countdown again? I tried "Needtoknow", but doesn't seem to have an option for tracking spell count. I can set it to show me timer when my ghoul is transform within that 30 seconds, but i would like to track count on deathcoil. Is there such an addon? Thanks in advance.Floral9 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Pit Lord's Destroyer So after my 30th run of Well of Eternity it drops, and I lose the roll to a dw Frost DK, good solid bloke that one.Hellmarch10 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Unholy weak in pvp? I just started back up again after a year break so I was playing catchup with gear for a few weeks, but now im starting to get fairly decent pvp gear. Im waiting to get rid of all my blues b4 i do arena, but in bgs i have noticed that as unholy i cant survive long and even when i do survive my damage is laughable, or at least it seems that way to me. I have read every sticky and guide imaginable, watched every youtube video, etc. I just dont get it. I feel like i do beter in bgs as blood spec to be honest. I feel like it hits harder too. What am I doing wrong. I reforged for haste, i know i dont have a lot of enchants bc i hate wasting money on crap gear, could that be the problem...even though my gear is gettin decent, its not maximizing damage because im losing so many stats to lack of enchant/good gems? even so i still feel like its underpowered. Im more so concerned about how it will be when i step into arena. I plan on doing unholy/ret 2s and dk/hunter/holy pally 3s.Morphinee5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 transfer DK between realms Ok, i tried a search and coulddnt find this. I have 2 dk's on different realms. Can i transfer one to get them into the same realm? I know you cant CREATE another i the same realm but im just not playing one of the realms much and it sure would help overall if they were both in the one.Unclejohnn3 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Tanking help. Hi, i'm posting here because after recently moving into heroics i'v found i'm having a few survivability problems. I'v read over alot of elitist jerk postts trying to optimise my gear but i'v found even if i stack mastery my blood shields will always be demolished by the boss, while trying to stack more avoidance is just too unreliable. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/%C3%98uchest/advanced i'v added an armory link too my character and was wondering if any Dk guru's out there may be able to give me a tip or twoØuchest5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 HoM frost dw or Gurth UH Either normal or raid finder versions. Would Gurthalak 2h unholy or 2x Hand of Morchok Frost DW pull ahead? Also maybe a dumb question, would 2x dragon shrine scepter out DPS my pit lords destroyer? Thanks in advanceShadadow2 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Reworked Unholy Spec Idea. I do not normally post on the forums but i had an idea for death knight and i was curious to see how other players as well as blizzard felt about it.As most players know death knows have 3specs.Blood for tanking,frost for 2h and dual wield dps and lastly unholy for 2h pet damage dealing.My idea is to turn unholy into a caster spec,i know sounds crazy but i think it is more than possible.Unholy would still play somewhat similar to how it does now but with a few twists that would make it a bit different and give dks a ranged option.So to get to the similar parts first unholy would still use a ghoul and dark transformation as it does now you would also have gargoyle and unholy frenzy as burst cool downs,mastery would still increase shadow damage.Sudden doom would also remain except work off a your pets auto attack or disease ticks. Now to get into the new twists.Howling blast could become a baseline skill for all dks this would allow a unholy caster a spell to use at ranged that would deal some aoe damage plus use frost runes.Next a new skill would have to be added as a unholy spec skill that would use unholy runes something that has a range and a cast time this would be their main damage dealing spell.While i cannot think of anything too original offhand a spell like death siphon currently on mists beta talents would work well for this role except using unholy runes and a cast time.The heal portion would also have to be removed or toned down a bit.As for blood runes unholy could have something similar to what frost has now blood of the north to convert them into death runes.Runic power would still be used on death coil as your damage dealing runic spender.Since this would be a ranged dps spec unholy dk disease damage would be boosted to make up for the lack of auto attack.The new mists talent unholy spew would be a perfect way to spread your disease to targets quickly and easily.Death grip would work in the opposite way that it does now instead of bringing a target to you it would knock them back to give you some range on the target.Spells that normally require melee like mind freeze,pestilence,necrotic strike,plague strike,and the new soul reaper could be converted to ranged spells for unholy spec.Even as ranged cool downs such as icebound fortitude and anti-magic shell would still function as useful defensive abilities.Chains of ice would be a strong way to add a slow/kite element for ranged dps as well.As far as rune on your weapon goes you could use fallen crusader or cinderglacier they could function off of pet auto attack damage or disease ticks. In terms of gear dk would still use the same stuff that they are currently using unholy would have a spec skill that would convert either strength or attack power to spell power or it could just work as it does currently. That's all i have so far but i am curious to see feedback from anyone thanks in advance.Marristard6 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 PVP frost spec, doesn't make sense? A lot of stickies say to pick up virulence and desecration instead of bladed armor and hand of doom like I have, and the top ranked frost DK's from arenajunkies have it too but to me it doesnt make sense. Why would you need the slow from desecration when I usually use my frost runes on HB or CoI so I would have chillblains up on the target almost 100% of the time. So it seems to me like the 6% less damage and 1 min CD off strang would be more helpful than another slow, I'm not trying to say that everyone is wrong but me, I trust that the top ranked DKs know better than me, I just want someone to explain it to me please.Ficca4 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Need Assistance With Frost PVPing Like the title says I need some major help. Let me start off by saying I have no clue how to play pvp with a 2h frost dk. So with that out of the way I will ask my questions. What offensive attacks should I be using? What defensive abilitys should I be using? What macros are useful? I do not need to know anything about stats, gear, gems, or enchants. I believe that is it. Any help would be appreciated.Jaark3 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Question... Outbreak...it seems every raid boss/ dungeon boss, even the raid training dummy is immune to it for my char? is that normal or what?Burningdeath3 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Rawr! So I've been doing some testing in rbgs and such lately and i still can't decide what is a better use in RBGs. Dual wielding or 2h... With dual i spec into the shorter strangulate cool down and things in the blood talent tree. Then when i go 2h I spec into the normal desecration unholy side of the talent tree. Both of these proved to be very effective but I'm not sure what is more useful. The complete roflstomp damage of my heroic hand of morchoks, or the CC, control, and smoother play of 2 handed. Thoughts? o:Vanshi2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Dancing rune Weapon For a 31-point talent I don't like it... If could please lower the RP cost and take it off the GC, Then maybe it would feel much better in place. But right now it feels like I never even use it... Anyone else feeling this?Tinklebottam18 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Best rotation for a Frost Death Knight? What is the best rotation for a Frost DK?Çorrupted2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Rage of Rivendare or not? (PVP) Hey, I've been tweaking with my talents and glyphs for a while and haven't been able to find much information on this subject- Why is it bad to take RoR before you have a T2 weapon? What about a Raid Finder Gurthalak? What glyph should I take instead of the Scourge Strike one if I drop it? Is 3/3 Bladed Armor better damage than 3/3 Rage of Rivendare with a necrotic spec? The only Horde 2200 DK on my server that I'd normally ask isn't online right now, so I'd like to know why.Draxonicar3 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Unholy to Frost! I'd like to re-spec from unholy to frost for a change. What is the least painful way to accomplish this? Do I need to get two of the finest one-handers the AH has to offer? Or is my axe doable?What else (besides the obv. talent switch)? Ty for any help :)Flintbrow2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Unholy Gemming/Reforging I am thinking about respeccing unholy from frost for Bgs/Arena. What should my gemming and reforging look like? What's my primary stat as a unholy dk? Also what rune would I use on my weapon?Gavner1 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 AOE Farming I created a DK primarily for AOE farming. I started off as frost to make leveling go faster. I've read that tanks are used for AOE farming. It seems like a pure tank build might be too slow and I'm wondering if a hybrid build would be better.Zuldaar7 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Ghoul Macro help? Need a macro for my ghoul to use Gnaw. Please do help. :)Hýsterìa2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Unholy presence still best for Frost DKs? I see this bantered about here, but didn't see a specific answer to this question. Also, I checked the sticky and would still like player feedback. I just read a note in general discussion that a frost DK was kicked from a raid for being in unholy presence. Whether or not your believe that actually happened, it made me wonder if something had changed that I didn't know about. When I rolled DK last year, it was clear that the highest DPS was found in Frost DKs in Unholy Presence. Is that still true? Am I missing something?Kablume6 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Vampiric Runeblade Names What would you call your Vampiric Runeblade or Runeblades? (A Vampiric Runeblade is a unique Runeblade, such as Frostmourne.) I would call my blades the Blades of The 4th Rider.Deathress70 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 2/3 Sudden Doom - UH PvP ... worth it? Hiya- Check my spec.. I feel like the 2 points in Sudden Doom could be much better placed in "resilient infection" or "on a pale horse".. Can anyone explain the benefits of having Sudden Doom over these other talents? I feel like sudden doom doesn't proc enough for it to be viableQpewoof3 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 PvP/PvE Race Choices As far as Horde races go for DK PvP / PvE: How significant is the damage gain from choosing Orc (Arena/Raid/BGs) over a Tauren? The reason I ask is that I really want to roll Tauren for the big armor and lore but I'm afraid when it comes to level 85 I'll regret having taken Warstomp/HP over the increased damage from Orc/Troll/Goblin or even the utility of a Belf.Oakmere6 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Dw frost or 2h unholy So I have read a few forums that people say to go uh with gurth. But I have also heard that dw frost is best by a little bit. So I'm curious whether I should do un with gurth or 2h frost with h-hom and reg soul drinker. Also which of those 2 would be better in my mh. ThanksKittar6 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Help on DW frost weapons for heroic spine hey guys, planning on going frost for heroic spine, however my weapons are limited. I have available 2x http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/77188, 2x http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78488. I also have two 397's pvp weapons http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/73447.Karazi9 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 GCD to 1sec for All DPS Specs Im interested to know why they havent changed this and rebalanced the presences. It seems ALMOST all DPS death knights use unholy pres. I dont see why they don't just lower the GCD for frost and UH specs to the 1sec, like them roguelets. In reversal its like mutilate hits for poison damage, the mastery increases poison damage, but its GCD is 1.5. Id personally like to see a variation in uses for the presences. Blood presence for blood spec Unholy presence for unholy spec. Unholy presence for frost spec (minus some masterfrost pve builds) Whats wrong here?Ruttbaper2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 What is better k guys i need yalls help what trinket is btter rotting skull ilvl397 or (LFR)Bone-link fetish ilvl384 for Unholy dkLukestar5 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Noth's Special Brew Recently decided to add DK to my list of characters and I couldn't help but notice Noth's Special Brew. I decided to collect 20 of these and now I'm wondering when exactly I should use them. Anyone have an fun or interesting ideas or perhaps stories of using these?Vlisa2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Unholy Weapon Conondrum So I have my RF Gurth currently equipped, and all my gear mastery reforged. Question is, after acquiring a Reg Specimen Slicer should I get rid of the mastery reforge and go back to regular stat weights and use the new axe? I don't feel like spending the money to reforge everything to find out and I'm sure someone knows definitively.Lochesh4 Apr 20, 2012