Druid

Nov 2, 2012 Feral DPS Help Hi all, So I'm thinking my DPS is a bit low... On the target dummy, I'm at around 47k average spiking up to 52k when Incarnation/Berserk are up. I know you can't compare this to a raid, but I'm hoping to use the dummy as a benchmark to know that I'm doing things correctly. I am.. * Keeping SR up * Keeping bleeds up * Using everything on cooldown as I should * Using DoC as best I can to make my rake and rip stronger. * On my last dummy test I did not use OoC procs for Thrash... I've had a hell of a time doing this in raids, is this something that's a huge increase for single target? For my armory, I've basically used Mr. Robot to tell me how to reforge my gear, which fits with what I know about my reforging. I know we go Agi and Mastery as primary, and I've used it to help me sort out the hit/expertise mix. Does everything look/sound on the level? Is 47k on the target dummy about what I can expect here? Thanks!Tathais1 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 feral vs balance at 90 , whats better for pve dpsMagonegro5 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Wild Mushrooms.... /zzz I know I'm only level 88, but as a resto (who mostly PvPs) I just cant seems to find a good place for these wild mushrooms. -Total of 4 global cooldows to set the whole thing off... lame. -Doesn't seems to heal for much. What am I missing? Does it get better at level 90? I might like it more if the placing of the 3 shrooms only triggered one GCD or something.Hotganache10 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Mining? Why does mining take me out of cat form and herb does not?Smoov11 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Gear Help? New to Game, wish to learn. Hey guys, I've been playing for fun since vanilla and I'll be honest, this is my highest lvl char and I started her a few months ago. I know next to NOTHING about gear, but from what I've gathered from various websites and my guildies is that I need Agility, Mastery, Expertise and Haste. I'm looking to learn how I can set up a boss char and I'd like to get your alls opinion on my gear. It's all quest items as a warning and I have no idea how to link my armory to you all, but I'd appreciate the help.Zelice4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Dragonhide 2pc 10x better then Bal or Res.. Thinking about going with 2pc dragonhide for my moonkin..am i crazy? Add that to Feline Swiftness...WOW! lol...WAY better then 2pc Moonkin bonus. Ive always thought that geting crit for solar/lunar points was so lame. Yes I know being able to channel the eclipse bar back and forth on the run is good thing but seems a bunch of wasted time while in combat. Im sure i could use the speed the Dragonhide gives to better use then that. Lets say my bar is heading towards Solar, if any melee is on me and i get Solar eclipse, then what? CAST Wrath? hahhaa Id like to see that! Solar eclipse state is perdy much useless in pvp. Makes your Shrooms hit harder, so instead of 5k they do 7k. WOOP! Now heading towards Lunar is a different story since it procs something we can use, Starfall. THoughts?Aeropostle1 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Nourish worth it in pvp? nourish feels SOO weak! The mana cost is 1/3 of regrowth but honestly mana isn't an issue and nourish heal seems to be 1/3 of regrowth anyways. Plus it doesn't reset lifebloom. I'm just about to remove it from my bars but before I do, I want to check with you guys and see if it's worth it. I remember always using nourish around level 80. Now it feels useless.Dgina4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Kitty Or Boomkin for raiding? Our guild is going to start our MOP progression soon (late start due to GM/RL out of country) and after a few of us changed raiding mains we realized we had (aside from one warrior) all cloth dps. So, I volunteered to bench my lock and level my druid, but I'm unsure of what spec to focus on. I've played Balance but I've heard it's on the weaker side (again?), and I've only ever played Feral once, for like a day, so I have no idea how it's going in PVE right now. Im sure I'll be more then able to learn Feral should it come out on top. So my question to you all is, what would you recommend for 10man raiding? Also, if it's not too much trouble, please explain why you made said choice. :] Thanks- ZethZethrave3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 New Druid tank question So I decided to seriously try to tank (instances for now). I usually try to get SD up and keep it rolling as much as I can while generating rage. My problem seemed to be that I had to use FR and Cenarion Ward a lot. Is this normal? (since my gear currently is nothing to write home about)Rubberdücky6 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP boomkin discussion. Before I begin, let it be known that I am reaching out to you guys, being the druid community, for advice and discussion. I am not !@#$%ing, I am not whining. I am stating an inquiry and hoping for advice. Please don't troll/flame me, I simply want advice, that is all. So, I'm having some serious issues in pvp. Particularly, I've always been a resto druid and now I'm a boomkin. I was just wondering what our "role" is in battleground situations. When I try to nuke someone, they can usually ignore me and will be just fine with 1 or 2 hots (if that). When I blow all of my cooldowns, only then do I feel like a viable threat, then I return to being useless for another 3 minutes. I... cc high-threat targets spot heal use eclipse rotations appropriately communion between fights and spread my dots appropriately yet... I still don't feel as if I am contributing to the battlefield effort as much as my other hybrid teammates (spriests, ele/enh shamen, feral druids, retadins) Is the class just generally weak? Am I doing something entirely incorrectly? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you fellow druids. =)ßreasley7 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Can't Wild Charge on Elegon? What's up with this? It hardly works and NEVER let's me Wild Charge back in on the boss after a wave of orbs?Moonsuken3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Resto Druid Heals on Gara'jal the Spiritbinde I'm my current raid's healer, and I was wondering about this fight. Right now I'm healing like normal, up to after I go in the spirit thing at least once. After that, I primarily have to cast Regrowth constantly to keep up with heals. My questions are. Should I be having to cast this expensive fast heal every time? or are there simply too many adds causing raid damage? Would it be appropriate to reforge my gear out of spirit for this fight in order to increase heals?Wàrdér4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 What spec for my OS? Hello druid forums, i am stuck on choosing what to have as my Offspec. I am currently MS a resto druid and i pvp about 90% of the time. I do RBG's with my guild and mostly do random bg's with 2's and 3's mixed in. So any suggestions on an OS? i want to be wanted haha, but still be able to do well. I want it to take a ton of skill to play too. Please and thank you for the help :)Boomzoom3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 HoTW Does HoTW buff all your healing spells if your guardian, including tranq? I always thought it buffed everything, but today was told it did not by a fellow drood.Rakehorn3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 How is Guardian cat form DPS? I'm planning to dual-spec Restoration/Guardian, and I was looking at using Guardian's cat form as my go-to for solo questing. I realize bear form will be faster when I can leverage AE for completing a quest, but when that's not an option, will cat form generally be the fastest way to go?Lowlander5 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP Feral Macros? What are some macros that I could find useful for arena and rbgs? I'd like simple ones, but some advanced are welcomed. I played feral for a while in cata, but haven't played it much in mop. Thank you for your help :)Dorvettas6 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 So starting pvp on this toon and Want to roll bal. I have read the sticky about it but was wondering. When I start should I be getting armor first or trinks with hp? also what should the conquest pts be spent on first when I stack them up?Aldis3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Nerf bat on hybrid healing might be too big ? GC said they are planning to raise the healing nerf on PvP instance from 15% to 30% and PvP power will boost either healing or damage dealth based on your spec. Hybrid heals ATM are just plain overpowered but these 2 nerf seems a little too much ?Farir7 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Did they delete the 310 speed flying skill? Did they delete the 310 speed flying skill? i could find it.Ishadovv4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 reforging I,ve tried wowreforge.I don,t think it has been working.I have the addon reforge lite.I did as it instructed,it didn,t lower my hit at all though.Can someone look at my armory and tell me if reforgelite is giving me correct info? Thanks!Firesign8 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Druid gear questions I rolled feral and have a set of agility looms for it. I hit 30 and have to choose a duel spec. I do not want to tank so guardian is out. Why do I have to get intellect gear when the other classes can just run the same gear no matter spec accept a Pally? WTH is that about? I guess I will just stay feral and not bother with duel spec as I like feral. I was hoping to do balance but not if it means 2 sets of gear.Texasflood4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 I am so lost and can use some guidance. I have been out of the game for almost 18 months but decided to come back after getting a scroll of resurrection. Having fallen in love with healing playing a different mmo, I decided to come back as a resto druid. Using my scroll I was an instant 80 which, while it does have some perks, is surprisingly difficult because I have no sense of how to play him yet. That being said I am practicing while leveling to 90 but my focus will be on PvP. I am not asking for rotations or tips, I know I can find that. I am completely lost and can't even remember where the pvp vendors are and even if they have moved now with MoP. If I remember correctly you use honor points to buy gear, is that still true? also since I have a while to 90 is there some pre-90 PvP gear I should be getting? thanks in advance and sorry if these questions are easily found elsewhere, unjust can't seem to find them.Twiggey2 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Feral DPS -> Incarnation Burst I have been playing around with different Feral dps talent combos. and WOW! Managed to drop 140k dps on a SINGLE target burst today. Very happy. Using berserk and Incarnation and spamming ravages on a 5 cp SR...is just sick. I am going to swap my HoW for NV today to see how the extra 20% pans out vs the loss of AG% on my over all output from HoW.Lorfaine9 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Nerf resto druid damage There is no reason a restro druid should be able to burst the way they do. They have a way better burst and healing than any other druid spec right now. I don't see the "balance" in a healing spec being able to out burst a dps spec in any way.Sneaknaround16 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Feral Cat AoE Where exactly would you say it "ranks" I know 5 mans are nothing but AoE till bosses, and coming from an elemental shaman I feel like druid AoE is kind of meh. Obviously I'm still learning the rotation and feral side of things (and i'm only 86). Any opinions or thoughts?Kittybuns4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 I'm Balance... But Should I Go Feral? I really like Balance on paper. The spells and mechanics are interesting and unique, and who doesn't love being a Moonkin? However PvP ranges from kind of fun to horribly frustrating. If I want to enjoy pvping at 90, should I just go feral?Zoomkin4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Give us back Berserk's Fear Protection!!! I mean honestly as the ONLY melee spec that hasn't had any sort of Fear mitigation whatsoever, it is absolutely rediculous how much fearing is going on now especially when it seems as though there is zero diminishing return on it all. Priests, Locks, Warriors, even Hunters(and Im sure theres others) all have fears that work on druids. Now that all these classes have defensive cds (really short cds in fact) I truly believe it is not too much to ask that Berserk be reverted to its original design allowing fear immunity for its duration.Animalinbed18 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Anyone think Feral needs a buff? I'm just putting this out there. In my opinion I feel that feral has suffered some from the recent patch. I agree that our bear form was an easy out for when we dropped our bleeds and such but now I feel that our bleeds need to be buffed up to match for the survivability we lost. It just seems that a 5 point Rip should do a lot more damage and be much more threatening in phvp than it actually is at the moment.Felbretlek20 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Guardian DPS Help Hey guys, Our guild just completed MSV 25man, and throughout this whole raid content our Monk tank has been doing far more dps than me. (I rdo realize dps isn't main priority for tanks) After downing will of emperor he's still about 10k higher than me. I was wondering if anyone can give me a tip on increasing my DPS. Here's will of emperor log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e8ciuls1jgkz3gfa/details/4/?s=4451&e=5145 Thanks for your help :) PheytPheyt7 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 How long til Guardian is fixed? I've said it before and I'll say it again, Guardian in Cata (well, Feral then), was just about perfect. The new combo point/finisher model for Guardian now is not only extremely sketchy (very spikey if you lose uptime on buff), but it's simply NOT FUN. Just give us back the great foundation you created in Cata. Make our mitigation more like blood shield and less dependent on RNG. I would bet my account that Druid is the least popular tank spec right now (except maybe monk just because there is far less monks out there than any other class). I understand that buffs/nerfs/changes shouldn't be based on popular vote, but they should be based on performance (which guardian is SORELY lacking).Badimusprime7 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 would like to see this glyph added This is purely a cosmetic thing, but being a troll druid, my flight form is a bat. I have a problem with bat form. I CAN'T PERCH! Back in the days of being a tauren i loved being able to perch whilst waiting on whatever to happen. So I would like to see a glyph that lets you use the original flight form, or to make it more fair, lets you switch your flight form from bat to bird or bird to bat. Now before people say 'just make your toon a tauren if it means that much to you'. Well troll's have the berserking skill, which in case you don't know is a 20% haste buff. To be competitive you need to find every bonus you can. Two druids of equal skill and gear ilvl, 1 tauren and the other troll, the troll will come out ahead. Any thoughts on this pressing matter to fix druids?Docawk3 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Druid Flight Form and Worgen Darkflight I can cast it in flight form... it should increase my speed!Alchy2 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 New druid, simple Q. Started a druid after MOP, wanted to know if we still have bash as bear? Or do I have to stack CP's for maim?Livingbark4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 guardian dumb question i feel i know the answer to this but is expertise required for guardian tanking?Welda6 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Contenders pvp gear good for new tanks? All my quest blues went to caster gear. I want to change to tank so i was wondering if the Contender's PvP gear would be a good start for heroics? It has a lot of mastery and crit.Kodum8 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Want to see armor, but keep playstyle I have a hard time playing anything other than guardian, but I really want to play a character where I see my armor. The thing is, whenever I play anything else I run into one or two things I really hate: 1) I move sooo slow 2) I die soooo fast Even in PvE, I keep my two piece PvP bonus up for the bonus movespeed. In combat travel form moving at ground mount speed is just too fun to give up. Other tank specs provide durability but what feels like zero mobility. So I have two questions for my fellow druids: 1) Is there a way I can play another Druid spec or another class and have something at least close to how awesome Druid mobility is? 2) Can I have some general advice on soloing to not die so quickly? I think I might just be too used to playing tanks that I can't see something obvious.Lucidic3 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 is feral enjoyable? I right now have a level 66 boomkin and i was initially going to be boomkin end game but because boomkin is burst reliant (similar to bm hunter) and feral seem intersting i wanted to know what the rotation is like (is it complicated or fairly straight forward) and i i were to switch to feral at 66 where would i get some feral gear. Help is appreciated!Wezc5 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 @Wednesday HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Is anyone dressed up at work today? My department has been banned from wearing costumes after a gentleman showed up in a short kilt last year. So, I'm just wearing a Notre Dame ballcap. Scary right?Anoreith13 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Trinket Debate (Feral) So I've got Searing Words and Zen Alchemist Stone as my current trinkets. I also have the Chromium Coaster from Brewfest sitting in my bags. I have a DMF Tiger Deck to turn in when the faire is back in town and I've been debating which trinket to replace. SW has a 25 second proc with an 85 sec ICD vs the larger 15 second proc on ZAS with a 55 second ICD. What do you guys think?Nycterran5 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Guardian much different then Feral? Would you grind Guardian or feral?Aeropostle2 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Glyph of the Spirit Beast This is something we need. NEED. As a proud druid tank, i enjoy the look of my transmog gear, i like it, and i look nice :D HOWEVER, feral and guardian druids do not get to see their armor at all! In fights we're always changed into cat/bear form, which is cool enough, but is boring. I propose that blizzard create the "Glyph of the Spirit Bear". What will happen is when you use this glyph, you can shift into Astral Bear/cat form, you are shown as yourself, however you're inside a spirit beast outline. Therefore, you're still a bear, but you see your armor! I feel it is unfair for blizzard to allow Balance druids and resto druids the chance to see their gear, but not feral and guardian, we're the only two specs in the game that never see our gear! This glyph would be a minor, and would not change anything about hit detection, our regular player model will be our hit box, but just with a large astral/spirit bear/cat around us ^^Bowshift20 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Guardian druid PVE reforging Should I be reforging to dodge or mastery? I feel mastery is working better for me, but everyone is saying I should reforge dodge. I did try dodge once but the healer said I was being hit harder. So what do you guys think? If possible, could someone please review what i've got on at the moment (providing i'm logged out in the right gear from when you read this).Rahqwas6 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Guardian stats and hp Hi Guys, I'm just starting out druid tanking and I'm curious about some entry lvl raid stats for 10m. After reading countless posts, I decided to go with the RPS build. My current stats are 34% crit 7.6% hit and exp, just full 463H gear. I feel my rage gains are very smooth at this point and don't find any trouble keeping my AM up. So my question is I feel low on HP's only being at 425k unbuffed and 78k armor (12% mastery). Now I have LW and INS for professions and I'm using the agil enchant on bracers/legs/shoulder (icy-veins recommends). Do you guys feel that these Hp and armor lvls are acceptable or should I swap to stam enchants for some more cushion? (and I still have to get my chest/back enchanted) Thanks for any thoughts/tipsSnárf4 Nov 1, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 LF: Feral Advice Hey guys and gals of the druid forums! :) For starters, this is my first time posting here, on this specific forum, so be gentle! ... Heck, what am I saying, I love some rough criticism <3. Anyways, I am looking for some strong, helpful advice to help me bring up my DPS. I am not a very hardcore raider, and I'm not very crazy about always reading up on everything and anything I need to know about my druid. (So bad, right?) I like to think that I am about average where I stand for ferals, but I am looking to up my game a bit. I am looking for some criticism, whether it be harsh, the straight out truth, or anything in between. I will check this thread often, and give personal input, and try to figure out all I can. Here is a link to some of my most recent logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/17853/ Specifics: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8b8pdegy1dfktf7a/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m6iju79dddejqhuo/ Now, the problem with me is... I feel like I'm lacking behind. Like I'm doing something wrong. I see all of these other ferals do -insane- DPS, and I get a bit envious. What can I do to up my game? Thanks in advance for the responses, everyone! :)Zerrahki6 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 Resto Mushrooms After extensive testing, many wipes in MV and others different research, Mushrooms need some kind of fix asap. Currently they are not worth (in any way whatsoever) using. The 3 Globals to set (in a specific place where you hope everybody will be 4 globals later) is too much for the tiny burst healing that they provide. We are really falling short in our toolkit for this tier, with no meaningful burst AoE heals (funny, given we ARE an AoE heal class) and it is really showing off in MV encounters. Anything at this point would be an improvement to how it works, and it needs an improvement soon. From making (the healer version only) them cost only 1 global to set up, to simply buffing the healing done or simply making it create new hots when they bloom, something needs to happen in order to both make this spell attractive for resto and solve our lack of Burst AoE heals. Discuss.Boomtree21 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 Movement speed question. Cat form offers 25% movement speed increase, which Im assuming will stack with the pvp 2 piece set bonus, which increases it by another 15%. How ever, my question is.....does Feline Swiftness talent, stack with the 2 piece set bonus AND cat form movement bonus, or does it override the 2 piece bonus?Ryjia1 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 I dont use Nourish - at ALL ! When im PvE healing raids, LFR, 25man and 10man heals. Im normally on raid heals duty. I never have to use nourish. Just rejuv, regrowth, lifeboom, wild growth and swiftmend mainly. Anyone else tried this style ??Shinzon27 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 Worgen or Night Elf? so i might get a faction change and i wanted to know which one is better? i'm leaning towards Worgen because i already have a Night Elf DkDanzx15 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 Why was bear form was made useless for ferals When warriors can have this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934365857?page=1 when they were the biggest whiners about feral in the first place, tied with rogues. It's not enough that they have the best mobility and best burst in game right now?Greensleeves20 Oct 31, 2012
Oct 31, 2012 I wich we had a spell like moonlight That spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=65912 Its not really what the spell does but the effect is rather nice too see IMO. A targatable AoE beeing a beam of moonlight. Look cooler then any of the current balance spell animation.Farir0 Oct 31, 2012