Druid

Nov 3, 2012 Boomkin C mode DPS So, I can top meters against the same group of people in raids and heroics. However when we do Challenge modes, I often get beat by everyone and the tank. Now I know our DPS is bad at first but scales dramatically with gear but in challenge mode our gear gets scaled back down which greatly reduces our DPS compared to other classes. I almost feel forced to play feral because of this. Anyone else noticing this? I would think it was just me, but since im beating the same people in other situations like raids and heroics I know it can't be me.Stevecow3 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Moonfire and Starfire tracker? Anyone knows of a good, light-weight and easy to use addon that tracks the duration of Moonfire and Starfire? Kinda of sad how hard it is to track them with no addons.Leneas8 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Level 90 talent for tank? What gives? Hearth of the wild I thought would be good for the 6% buff to stam and AGI but it doesnt stack with mark... Dream of Cenarius doesn't stack with natures swiftness and doesnt work on frenzied regen Nartures virgil increases healing and damge done??? So essentially all these talents are damn near 100% worthless for tanks?Bamflnater1 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Spells that unshifts from flight form Are there any spells that can unshift us from flight form? Something from a shaman or warlock maybe?Arborvitae4 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Feral PVP Tips vs BM Hunters - A Sad Story I'm pretty new to PVP in general much less Feral PVP. Well I have a sad story. A sad, sad story. Just to let you guys know, I've been attacked in world pvp by lv 89s before and I always killed them very quickly before they could really do anything. That seemed like how it should be since I'm lv 90 and have superior gear, health and damage. I had an accidental one on one with a lv 89 BM hunter. I was flying in flight form and was "dismounted" which as any Druid knows kinda catapults you forward at mount speed. I landed right on top of this hunter in gold armor. He freaked and started attacking me. I was at half health from the fall damage so I ran off the edge of the Great Wall while in cat form. The fall took another chunk out of my health, down to about 50k. I figure he was not going to pursue due to the fall and even if he did I thought he would be too hurt to chase. Boy was I wrong on both counts. He had 250k health and managed to land with 228k health and he quickly finished me off. He was camping my body so I just rezzed and flew away. He shot at me as I flew off. I quickly recovered and went back to murder him now that I was ready. I opened with SR and ravage/rake. He did scatter shot to ice trap. He used disengage, cast scare beast, and started unloading on me. I dashed to catch him and he slowed me. I reached him finally and did another rake and 5 point rip. I was stunned and he disengaged, unloading again on me. He had the speed buff from disengage. He was slowly whittling down my health. I managed to reach him again and popped berserk and Vigil to finish him off as he was under 100k from my bleeds. He did scatter shot to ice trap on me and used a bandage and healed to full. When trap broke he cast scare beast again. I ran after him after it wore off to use the rest of berserk and he stunned with Intimidate again and disengaged, unloading again. At this point I was like, wtf I can't beat this guy so I used dash again and ran. He slowed me and killed me. I used Renewal once and a PS Healing Touch proc once during the fight. I was flabbergasted that I was so gloriously owned. But I had never fought a hunter in pvp before as Feral. I never had much trouble with other classes in world pvp, much a guy who wasn't even 90. So I realize I didn't use cyclone or entangling roots. Would this have made the difference? Would feral charge have made the difference? Would killing his pet have made the difference? I never had an opportunity to use skull bash on his fear. Every time I reached him he would scatter shot/trap/disengage. How do I catch these guys? I want to get better and I now have a new vendetta towards Hunters. The gear I'm wearing now is about what I had at the time. I wasn't wearing my pvp gear. Anyways, any tips would be appreciated. I don't want to be beaten by lv 89s anymore. TL:DR - What is the best way to beat a BM Hunter as a Feral?Wylder12 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Feral survivability is atrocious It needs serious buffs. In it's current state, it's ridiculously bad. It suffers from the same problems as Rogues, but worse, because we can't avoid damage like they can. We have 100% win rate against any team with a Feral in 2s and 3s, and I play with a Rogue, which is a severe handicap. These teams have absolutely no chance, because Feral survivability is so horrible that we can just train it and score a kill after Survival Instincts is down, and there's nothing they can do. Likewise, my Feral cannot even 1v1 undergeared Warriors with no cooldowns unless I have and use every single cooldown I have. I think Feral either needs some passive damage reduction or a huge buff to Leader of the Pack, which is pretty terrible.Yenpanda15 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Solo dungeons/raids What can druids solo now at 90? :)Infanta1 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 So how are Druids doing? In pvp. I really want to go Boomkin for pvp but its always sucked. How are each one of the specs doing as of right now? Are any specs broken? good or bad and i know healing is over powered ATM. Mostl concerned about Boomkin/Kreigar12 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Glyph of the Flame [Sugestion] Edit: Again tis is just a Sugestion, not real patch notes Classes Druid A new Minor Glyph has been added: Glyph of the Flame. This glyph transforms your cat form into something... hotter.Anyone? I quite honestly would love to have the option to use the Druid of the Flame cat model once again. I mean its out there, so why not? Waste of a pretty cool model since we can't really use it anymore. I would understand if it was to difficult to turn that into a glyph. Anyone else care to share there opinion on this? :DAeroblast8 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Windsong or Elemental Force? Title says it all. Which of the two enchants would provide a better dps boost for Balance.Sneakyferret5 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 So how are Druids doing? In pvp. I really want to go Boomkin for pvp but its always sucked. How are each one of the specs doing as of right now? Are they Broken as in OP or UP?Kreigar2 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Pvp guld The Undesirables is looking for dedicated PvPers for RBGs we are recruiting anyone who loves to PvP. We are at a CR of 1700 looking to push to 2400 before the season ends! Requirements: Skype is a big must for our RBGs. Communication is key cant stress it enough. Don't have a horrible microphone. Know how use cool-downs effectively. Also know how to play your class -Basic Info- Alliance Guild Server: Kil'jaeden Rated Battle Ground Schedule: We want to aim for 4pm-8pm PSTÀzriel0 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP off-spec (Feral Main) Hey guys, so after grinding for a few days i am finally at the stage where i need to get a new set of gear. I am currently running resto as an OS with contenders gear and green weapons and am finding it fun. I played boomkin a lot a the start of cata and i loved it, but i keep hearing boomkin is bad right now? Anyway, is balance gonna be buffed anytime soon or should i go resto? I like em equally, hence why i am asking for advice on which to choose =PLegendairy4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Restro druid Pvp macros Hey there, What are some Pvp macros for restro druid? ThanksÔæô2 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Tips for 90 Feral 3v3 arenas? Hey all, about to hit 90 very soon, and start gearing up for arenas, but was looking for some tips. I have been playing WOW for awhile, so I have some experience on every class. I usually play a warrior in arenas, but I'm just recently thinking of making the druid my main. Just was a bit hesitant, because I have played a rogue before, but while leveling him as feral, I didn't feel too bursty, is this normal? For some reason I didn't feel like I had much burst potential with having to keep up SR/Rip/FB(when possible). Maybe it'll come with good gear? Anyways, druids will be completely new to me just in general, but I feel I will pick up the playstyle just fine. Anyone able to give me some helpful and important pointers for playing Feral in 3v3s?Evaedorr10 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 are boomy's good in rbgs still? i dont see them much, and i cant find the rbg ladderFirewerks0 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 I can't Guardian tank anymore. I finally got some time to put into making my first monk the other day, and I've been leveing it as a tank. I can no longer stand for Guardian tanking. I'm not trolling or asking for Guardian changes. This is a serious question to dedicated Guardian tanks who have happened to pickup and tank with a monk; Don't you find Monk tanking a billion times more engaging, fun and for me - not max level yet - vastly superior overall, be it aoe (threat) or survivability? My Druid will still be my main as I heal a lot for raid, but I just can't stand the tanking mechanics of it anymore. I Mean, I didn't have a problem with it before, but once I tanked monk...it's like I've seen the light..it's sooo much more fun. Thoughts?Tonydanza14 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Is it just me or, do every ranged dps class/spec have it easy (rotation wise) except balance druids. I honestly believe they should change how it works, like how a demonology warlock kinda works, in demon form your spells change. When you change to solar to lunar and vise versa your wrath/sunfire and starsurge/wrath should just change, it's a huge pain trying to have a comfortable rotation without gettting confused easily, or annoyed. :/ Or is it just me?Vexin7 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Reforges for HotW Druids Which series of reforges is better for ferals using HotW? Mastery>Crit or Haste>Crit>Mastery?Catmandu4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 resto druid bug Please, don't let this die. Keep on blizzards !@# about it. It is a huge bug that affects game play. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004341679#2Stevecow3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Feral DPS Help Hi all, So I'm thinking my DPS is a bit low... On the target dummy, I'm at around 47k average spiking up to 52k when Incarnation/Berserk are up. I know you can't compare this to a raid, but I'm hoping to use the dummy as a benchmark to know that I'm doing things correctly. I am.. * Keeping SR up * Keeping bleeds up * Using everything on cooldown as I should * Using DoC as best I can to make my rake and rip stronger. * On my last dummy test I did not use OoC procs for Thrash... I've had a hell of a time doing this in raids, is this something that's a huge increase for single target? For my armory, I've basically used Mr. Robot to tell me how to reforge my gear, which fits with what I know about my reforging. I know we go Agi and Mastery as primary, and I've used it to help me sort out the hit/expertise mix. Does everything look/sound on the level? Is 47k on the target dummy about what I can expect here? Thanks!Tathais1 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 feral vs balance at 90 , whats better for pve dpsMagonegro5 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Wild Mushrooms.... /zzz I know I'm only level 88, but as a resto (who mostly PvPs) I just cant seems to find a good place for these wild mushrooms. -Total of 4 global cooldows to set the whole thing off... lame. -Doesn't seems to heal for much. What am I missing? Does it get better at level 90? I might like it more if the placing of the 3 shrooms only triggered one GCD or something.Hotganache10 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Mining? Why does mining take me out of cat form and herb does not?Smoov11 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Gear Help? New to Game, wish to learn. Hey guys, I've been playing for fun since vanilla and I'll be honest, this is my highest lvl char and I started her a few months ago. I know next to NOTHING about gear, but from what I've gathered from various websites and my guildies is that I need Agility, Mastery, Expertise and Haste. I'm looking to learn how I can set up a boss char and I'd like to get your alls opinion on my gear. It's all quest items as a warning and I have no idea how to link my armory to you all, but I'd appreciate the help.Zelice4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Dragonhide 2pc 10x better then Bal or Res.. Thinking about going with 2pc dragonhide for my moonkin..am i crazy? Add that to Feline Swiftness...WOW! lol...WAY better then 2pc Moonkin bonus. Ive always thought that geting crit for solar/lunar points was so lame. Yes I know being able to channel the eclipse bar back and forth on the run is good thing but seems a bunch of wasted time while in combat. Im sure i could use the speed the Dragonhide gives to better use then that. Lets say my bar is heading towards Solar, if any melee is on me and i get Solar eclipse, then what? CAST Wrath? hahhaa Id like to see that! Solar eclipse state is perdy much useless in pvp. Makes your Shrooms hit harder, so instead of 5k they do 7k. WOOP! Now heading towards Lunar is a different story since it procs something we can use, Starfall. THoughts?Aeropostle1 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Nourish worth it in pvp? nourish feels SOO weak! The mana cost is 1/3 of regrowth but honestly mana isn't an issue and nourish heal seems to be 1/3 of regrowth anyways. Plus it doesn't reset lifebloom. I'm just about to remove it from my bars but before I do, I want to check with you guys and see if it's worth it. I remember always using nourish around level 80. Now it feels useless.Dgina4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Kitty Or Boomkin for raiding? Our guild is going to start our MOP progression soon (late start due to GM/RL out of country) and after a few of us changed raiding mains we realized we had (aside from one warrior) all cloth dps. So, I volunteered to bench my lock and level my druid, but I'm unsure of what spec to focus on. I've played Balance but I've heard it's on the weaker side (again?), and I've only ever played Feral once, for like a day, so I have no idea how it's going in PVE right now. Im sure I'll be more then able to learn Feral should it come out on top. So my question to you all is, what would you recommend for 10man raiding? Also, if it's not too much trouble, please explain why you made said choice. :] Thanks- ZethZethrave3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 New Druid tank question So I decided to seriously try to tank (instances for now). I usually try to get SD up and keep it rolling as much as I can while generating rage. My problem seemed to be that I had to use FR and Cenarion Ward a lot. Is this normal? (since my gear currently is nothing to write home about)Rubberdücky6 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP boomkin discussion. Before I begin, let it be known that I am reaching out to you guys, being the druid community, for advice and discussion. I am not !@#$%ing, I am not whining. I am stating an inquiry and hoping for advice. Please don't troll/flame me, I simply want advice, that is all. So, I'm having some serious issues in pvp. Particularly, I've always been a resto druid and now I'm a boomkin. I was just wondering what our "role" is in battleground situations. When I try to nuke someone, they can usually ignore me and will be just fine with 1 or 2 hots (if that). When I blow all of my cooldowns, only then do I feel like a viable threat, then I return to being useless for another 3 minutes. I... cc high-threat targets spot heal use eclipse rotations appropriately communion between fights and spread my dots appropriately yet... I still don't feel as if I am contributing to the battlefield effort as much as my other hybrid teammates (spriests, ele/enh shamen, feral druids, retadins) Is the class just generally weak? Am I doing something entirely incorrectly? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you fellow druids. =)ßreasley7 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Can't Wild Charge on Elegon? What's up with this? It hardly works and NEVER let's me Wild Charge back in on the boss after a wave of orbs?Moonsuken3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Resto Druid Heals on Gara'jal the Spiritbinde I'm my current raid's healer, and I was wondering about this fight. Right now I'm healing like normal, up to after I go in the spirit thing at least once. After that, I primarily have to cast Regrowth constantly to keep up with heals. My questions are. Should I be having to cast this expensive fast heal every time? or are there simply too many adds causing raid damage? Would it be appropriate to reforge my gear out of spirit for this fight in order to increase heals?Wàrdér4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 What spec for my OS? Hello druid forums, i am stuck on choosing what to have as my Offspec. I am currently MS a resto druid and i pvp about 90% of the time. I do RBG's with my guild and mostly do random bg's with 2's and 3's mixed in. So any suggestions on an OS? i want to be wanted haha, but still be able to do well. I want it to take a ton of skill to play too. Please and thank you for the help :)Boomzoom3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 HoTW Does HoTW buff all your healing spells if your guardian, including tranq? I always thought it buffed everything, but today was told it did not by a fellow drood.Rakehorn3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 How is Guardian cat form DPS? I'm planning to dual-spec Restoration/Guardian, and I was looking at using Guardian's cat form as my go-to for solo questing. I realize bear form will be faster when I can leverage AE for completing a quest, but when that's not an option, will cat form generally be the fastest way to go?Lowlander5 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP Feral Macros? What are some macros that I could find useful for arena and rbgs? I'd like simple ones, but some advanced are welcomed. I played feral for a while in cata, but haven't played it much in mop. Thank you for your help :)Dorvettas6 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 So starting pvp on this toon and Want to roll bal. I have read the sticky about it but was wondering. When I start should I be getting armor first or trinks with hp? also what should the conquest pts be spent on first when I stack them up?Aldis3 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Nerf bat on hybrid healing might be too big ? GC said they are planning to raise the healing nerf on PvP instance from 15% to 30% and PvP power will boost either healing or damage dealth based on your spec. Hybrid heals ATM are just plain overpowered but these 2 nerf seems a little too much ?Farir7 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Did they delete the 310 speed flying skill? Did they delete the 310 speed flying skill? i could find it.Ishadovv4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 reforging I,ve tried wowreforge.I don,t think it has been working.I have the addon reforge lite.I did as it instructed,it didn,t lower my hit at all though.Can someone look at my armory and tell me if reforgelite is giving me correct info? Thanks!Firesign8 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Druid gear questions I rolled feral and have a set of agility looms for it. I hit 30 and have to choose a duel spec. I do not want to tank so guardian is out. Why do I have to get intellect gear when the other classes can just run the same gear no matter spec accept a Pally? WTH is that about? I guess I will just stay feral and not bother with duel spec as I like feral. I was hoping to do balance but not if it means 2 sets of gear.Texasflood4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 I am so lost and can use some guidance. I have been out of the game for almost 18 months but decided to come back after getting a scroll of resurrection. Having fallen in love with healing playing a different mmo, I decided to come back as a resto druid. Using my scroll I was an instant 80 which, while it does have some perks, is surprisingly difficult because I have no sense of how to play him yet. That being said I am practicing while leveling to 90 but my focus will be on PvP. I am not asking for rotations or tips, I know I can find that. I am completely lost and can't even remember where the pvp vendors are and even if they have moved now with MoP. If I remember correctly you use honor points to buy gear, is that still true? also since I have a while to 90 is there some pre-90 PvP gear I should be getting? thanks in advance and sorry if these questions are easily found elsewhere, unjust can't seem to find them.Twiggey2 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Feral DPS -> Incarnation Burst I have been playing around with different Feral dps talent combos. and WOW! Managed to drop 140k dps on a SINGLE target burst today. Very happy. Using berserk and Incarnation and spamming ravages on a 5 cp SR...is just sick. I am going to swap my HoW for NV today to see how the extra 20% pans out vs the loss of AG% on my over all output from HoW.Lorfaine9 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Nerf resto druid damage There is no reason a restro druid should be able to burst the way they do. They have a way better burst and healing than any other druid spec right now. I don't see the "balance" in a healing spec being able to out burst a dps spec in any way.Sneaknaround16 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Feral Cat AoE Where exactly would you say it "ranks" I know 5 mans are nothing but AoE till bosses, and coming from an elemental shaman I feel like druid AoE is kind of meh. Obviously I'm still learning the rotation and feral side of things (and i'm only 86). Any opinions or thoughts?Kittybuns4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 I'm Balance... But Should I Go Feral? I really like Balance on paper. The spells and mechanics are interesting and unique, and who doesn't love being a Moonkin? However PvP ranges from kind of fun to horribly frustrating. If I want to enjoy pvping at 90, should I just go feral?Zoomkin4 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Give us back Berserk's Fear Protection!!! I mean honestly as the ONLY melee spec that hasn't had any sort of Fear mitigation whatsoever, it is absolutely rediculous how much fearing is going on now especially when it seems as though there is zero diminishing return on it all. Priests, Locks, Warriors, even Hunters(and Im sure theres others) all have fears that work on druids. Now that all these classes have defensive cds (really short cds in fact) I truly believe it is not too much to ask that Berserk be reverted to its original design allowing fear immunity for its duration.Animalinbed18 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Anyone think Feral needs a buff? I'm just putting this out there. In my opinion I feel that feral has suffered some from the recent patch. I agree that our bear form was an easy out for when we dropped our bleeds and such but now I feel that our bleeds need to be buffed up to match for the survivability we lost. It just seems that a 5 point Rip should do a lot more damage and be much more threatening in phvp than it actually is at the moment.Felbretlek20 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 Guardian DPS Help Hey guys, Our guild just completed MSV 25man, and throughout this whole raid content our Monk tank has been doing far more dps than me. (I rdo realize dps isn't main priority for tanks) After downing will of emperor he's still about 10k higher than me. I was wondering if anyone can give me a tip on increasing my DPS. Here's will of emperor log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e8ciuls1jgkz3gfa/details/4/?s=4451&e=5145 Thanks for your help :) PheytPheyt7 Nov 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 How long til Guardian is fixed? I've said it before and I'll say it again, Guardian in Cata (well, Feral then), was just about perfect. The new combo point/finisher model for Guardian now is not only extremely sketchy (very spikey if you lose uptime on buff), but it's simply NOT FUN. Just give us back the great foundation you created in Cata. Make our mitigation more like blood shield and less dependent on RNG. I would bet my account that Druid is the least popular tank spec right now (except maybe monk just because there is far less monks out there than any other class). I understand that buffs/nerfs/changes shouldn't be based on popular vote, but they should be based on performance (which guardian is SORELY lacking).Badimusprime7 Nov 1, 2012