Druid

Jul 25, 2012 Resto - 4960 Haste Breakpoint Question Currently raiding heroic dragon soul and we have a restoration druid in our raid. They have 1573 (with dark intent) breakpoint for wild growth/efflorescence. They're actually hovering around 1620 haste rating atm. They started using Seal of the Seven Signs due to lack of windward heart drops. My question is concerning the breakpoint for 11 ticks of Wild Growth and Efflorescence. This occurs at 4960 haste rating. Since the druid is naturally close (would need about 70 more haste) would you guys think it'd be worth it to get that last bit of haste to get the 11th ticks while under the trinket proc.Esclamayshun2 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Feral PvP - Frost Mages A bit of preamble here... I'm an ooooooold school feral PvP'er (starting in vanilla) but mid-WotLK I switched to a shaman and shelved my druid for a while. Then, mid-Cata I tried doing Resto-PvP for a while and got geared up that way. Going into MoP I've decided I want to get back to my feral roots so in the last few weeks I've been gearing up for Feral PvP and trying to get back into the swing of things. Anyway, I've noticed that, as feral, we can no longer break roots on a shapeshift. I'm not sure when this happened, but it is what it is I guess. My problem is that I can no longer figure out how to deal with mages, frost ones in particular. I always felt like we were a good counter to their plethora of stuns/roots but now I find myself just sitting there being able to do nothing. Now, I'm not trying to go down the QQ road here... I'm legitimately looking for advice. What do we do here? Keep in mind that while I've been playing feral for a few days now, it's entirely possible that I've missed important information on changes to abilities. Thanks in advance for any helpful comments :) Also, as invariably folks will inspect my armory, I'm interested in any and all comments on anything I could do to improve there. I'm not quite done my gear set yet, I still have my boots and my head enchant to go, but if there's anything on enchants/gems/spec/reforging, I'm definitely interested. Thanks again!Tathais11 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Nature's Swiftness 50% extra healing... I'm averaging 29-30k healing touch's but when i pop NS i only get about 38-40 k, basic maths says that an extra 50% on 30k is not 40k, how do they calculate it? Does it just increase the % of SP on the spell (you know how spells are "base value + % of SP)Velurein2 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 I've been missing out! So, I've been a predominant melee player since vanilla. Only taking a short break in BC to play a holy paladin from Kara > MH/BT where i switch to ret. I've been leveling a balance druid over the last few days and i have to say: GEEZUS. Why didn't anyone tell me that boomkins were this much fun? I was thinking about switching mains in Cata to a Spell Haste class for my raid and i have a lvl 85 Spriest that i was planning on playing. But I dont know anymore. <3 boomkins. I'm so angry I didnt notice this sooner!Paroxysmal1 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Balance- Future of PvP? Hey guys. I'm currently looking for something that I can play all out PvP wise come the new expansion and considered boomkin as one of my options. The thing I love about Boomkins is how versatile they are, and how they can fit in almost anything involving PvP (2s, 3s, 5s, RBGs, etc.) My question to you current Balance PvPers and you Balance beta testers is this: Do you still see Boomkins as a wanted class/spec for RBGs and PvP in general? Are they looking as good as they are now, or is it looking bleak for the future of balance PvP? I'd greatly appreciate your help and assistance.Wrètched10 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Druid Raid Healing I want to raid heal as a druid. I know my gear is terrible. I just want a post explaining what I should change, what gems should be where, what enchants should be where, what glyphs i should use, a good resto druid raiding build, and a good rotation for raid healing. I'm always top heals in pvp but im always lowest heals in raids. Please help!Tailfin14 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 So I might roll a boomkin... I love druids and this forever will be my main. I played a boomkin before(and a couple times during my leveling experience on this toon hence my name), but let's say I had a friend use scroll on me for another 85 one. I feel like rerolling as a fresh start; after all, my true boomkin isn't Alliance nor on my realm. So I heard boomkins are interesting so far this expansion. I'm more of a PvE player, but I do the occasional BG for the honor points. I heard some say boomkins aren't very good as DPS but I'm not sure. I just ask and receive in Trade chat. I've met some pretty darn good boomkins that do PvP which I hoped to do on a druid character but this toon is all PvE. Long story short, should I roll a balance druid and stick with it at the end of the expansion? Is it doing alright in MoP beta too?Solarbeam5 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Feral druid on mop As feral druids in pvp we use bear form a lot and have a 4th spec is just dumb I know i wont play this game if that happens its unfair for every other 10 classes in the game and to top it off a lot of people do not like MOP at all are bars will be full in our bear form and cat form you guys need to stop coming out with expansions where you level and change the game totally just like cata that's why you guys lost a lot of people in cata wow became the top online game when you guys didn't focus on pvp and I know mop is going to be more pvp but I think this will kill wow if you change the game again and lose another million people so you guys need to just get a level cap 90 or what ever and just come out with a expansion where there is just more things to do and the numbers in wow(health damage ect) are getting really dumb and 10 mil+ people agree with that, and I played every calss you guys got so far and I only like the fearl for having all the forms and in mop if I can only use cat in pvp well Im done playing for goodZerostar5 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Critique my new Bear tank... Please give my set up the harsh critique I need. 1) I do need my Meta, which will be done this evening. 2) Still working on Therazane rep.. 3) Still working on Ramakhan(too lazy right now to look up spelling)rep, so I temporarily bought the pvp head enchant. I am sure I need some tweeking with reforge... So please tell me what you think, I will be tanking Normal DS this week.Salacious3 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 4set+which gear piece for Kitty? Im wondering which piece is best not to get Tier piece and either get it from Valor points or dropped? I have all the tiers excect for the Chest so basically should I wait for the Tier chest to drop and exchange one of my other tier pieces or buy the Valor chest right now?Poofbegone2 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 few resto pvp questions is spirit worthless after 4% hit? am i going for all of the pvp gear with spirit on it? or do i get 4 pieces of the resto set then get the pieces with haste and crit instead of spirit? i know spirit is for mana regen, but should i really stack it? someone told me stack resil because rdruids get hammered this patch. i just want to maximize my healing in arena and battlegrounds and i am very confused. i have looked online and nothing is clear. Thank you in advanced if you help me, i would really appreciate a little more direction.Steezey11 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Show off your Druid transmog! http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3135/human1.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4808/worgen1.jpg I want to see some awesome sets! cat is 4 fite.Lobotomy403 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Is it wrong? Is it wrong if I refuse to kill other druids, I will heal those on my side....but killing other druids just seems wrong...I know there was a druid code at one time.Rhaeva28 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Travel form + Stampeding Roar This is the best thing in the world. I am going so fast it isn't even funny!Reignac8 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 boomkin weapon help heroic rathrak+heroic Ledger, heroic vagaries+heroic ledger, or heroic lightning rod? i also have heroic ti'tahk and if it makes any difference i do get DI in my groupDoogles2 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 stat theory a feral in full cata who is able to stack crit to 50% would stacking crit do a little more dmg over stacking mastery when bleeds crit for 10k more often instead of 6k regularly when stacking mastery?Welda2 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 So cat dps is being split from bear tankyness But then why would anyone want to play a feral? :S We can just play rogues and do everything ferals can, but betterMurkaran16 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Balance leveling playstyle I leveled this druid in Vanilla as feral, did some minor raiding as resto, leveled him to 70 as feral, did some heroics as resto and some PVP as balance. I tried doing a little leveling as balance, but I can't get a handle on the playstyle. I have a mage, so I'm OK with casting, but it seems like as soon as I engage a mob, they are on top of me. Am I really supposed to be rooting them that often? Can I get some balance leveling tips?Celebration8 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Chanting good for druid? greetings all was thinking of dropping flowerpicking and takeing up chanting. i cant drop potions as i have a rare potion (Living Action Potion) witch is a extra pvp trink in world or bg pvp that does NOT share the cooldown with the trink. so i love it. also i have vial of sands. but farming flowers just isnt cutting it anymore and im looking for another proff. Chanting is what ive thought up as a tank i would get a chance to DE all sorts of things. im asking for others thoughts or suggestions, as aside from trolls its always a good idea to ask *smiles* thanksKhessa7 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Help choosing Secondary Spec Right now, my druid is a level 30 resto worgen, and I just bought the secondary spec. I can't decide. Feral or Balance?Aetherspirit1 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Druid: Turtle Form Replacement for Bear? Yes? No? http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_pix/seaturtleskinwhite.jpgReptaur27 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Balance Druid Hey so i was doing a healer druid but got bored of it pretty quickly so changed it to Balance. I was wondering if any balance druids know does it take in turns switching eclipses? or if you do certain spells you should try for normal eclipse or solar eclipse or what? does me doing spells that help get to solar eclipse effect getting to normal eclipse if i do a different spell? im so confused with the eclipse stuff :s. ThanksMsviper16 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 What is your favorite aspect? As the title reads, what is your favorite aspect about playing a druid, what made you pick the druid as the character you love to play? Discuss.Umirinbrah9 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Resto Druid Mastery Clarification (bug?) I was leveling my shaman and I noticed that if I were to cast my Lava Burst, and then my Flame Shock right after (but before the Lava Burst actually hit the target), Lava Burst would not crit. I was wondering if this mechanic was also happening with our Mastery. For example. If I were to cast Wild Growth, and then immediately afterwards cast Swiftmend, would all the ticks of WG after that point then be buffed by Harmony, or does the Harmony buff need to be up BEFORE casting WG. Also, if the Harmony buff falls off and there are still ticks of hots left, will they continue to benefit from the buff? Hopefully someone else has also wondered this and come up with a way of figuring it out.Moarheals4 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 LFR Rathrak or Cata 397 Gavel.... Which weapon is better for a boomkin? My OH is cata 397 (Endgame). Also as far as trinks are concerned, I have LFR WoU and IotCM. IotCM I thought would be good for the haste buff, but I see alot of boomies on my server use WoU. Any info would be appreciated.Ellustriel3 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Guardian Gear? I'm new to the druid forums, so hopefully I wont get verbally destroyed for asking this lol. So for those of us that want to tank in MoP, will there be specific Guardian-only leather that will be rolled on or do we have to roll for all melee leather and reforge *every* single piece like we have to do for Cata?Tumboo5 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Transmog Help? I am looking for a good 1h "druid-like" weapon. I've got my offhand, which is the Eerie Stable Lantern, (not sure how to link, but it's from shadowfang keep reg). I want something to match the lantern and my current transmog set, which is the Valorous Dreamwalker Raiment. Any suggestions?Forestmoon8 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 The Removal of Insect Swarm I don't like it at all. Sure our rotation might be easier now saving one global cooldown but to be honest I always liked being the laser chicken sending swarms of insects to devour an enemy :(. At first they were just going to make Insect Swarm a debuff that made the target take more damage from Wrath and Starfire if I recall properly but now it seems that they removed it completely. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.Jedediah2 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Replica Wildheart How long would it take to acquire the full set from the Darkmoon faire?Bobgnarley8 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Fix Typhoon! ARGHHHH Fix Typhoon! It does less of a knockback than the Arcane Mage Mana Shield thing. Lmfao. It's really embarassing. I'm not asking it to be par'd with Thunderstorm, but it definitely needs to be strengthened. The knockback it puts out right now is actually sorta pathetic. It's more of an interrupt if anything, and the delay on the actual push kind of negates that as well.Afraid5 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Some questions re: Player Characters & Spells I was reading a thread earlier about scare beast and druids and how to beat it and such and it dawned on me having scare beast work on druids creates an imbalance in the game. Stay with me here as I explain: Scare Beast works on druids in cat or bear form. Shackle does not work on Undead players, nor do Paladin abilities directed at undead. Why doesn't Scare Beast work on Taurens or Worgens in form? Just something that came to mind while reading the thread and am wondering what other druids think about this.Ailindah2 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Rathrak Vs. Lightning Rod Now this I'm really curious about, I am constantly switching between my 397 lightning rod and my 403 rathrak w/397 ledger, the nature proc adds a good 2.5k to my DPS, however it completely lacks secondary stats like haste(boomkin's best friend). I was wondering if anyone had any input on this, in moonkin form I'm around 26.44% haste, hit capped and at 15.15 mastery while rathrak is equipped, lightning rod gives a bit more of everything, but without that nice extra DoT. My guild is join for more heroics now and i want to be able to be a my best, so what should i be using?Peryite3 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Shape shifting items with Glyph of Stars I was just wondering if Glyph of Stars was intended to work with shape shifting items. As of now, the only item allowing you to keep the moonkin effect, is Leyara's Locket. With the new Glyph of Stars, I was really hoping we would be able to take advantage of our blood elf orb or even Savory Deviate Delight. Just curious, because I would not like to lose my 1% critt - but worgen and moonkin both hurt my eyes.Raviks2 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 What am I doing wrong with regeneration? Feral hear and I was wondering if Frenzied Regeneration is just weak at my level or if I am doing it wrong. Every time I use it in PvP I always die anyways. It might give me 3 seconds of extra fighting but I always die. For some reason I cant get my rage to go up fast enough even when I am attacking and being attacked. What am I doing wrong?Fylerian3 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Boomkin to Resto Okay. So I have a druid, that I used to raid. And I stopped playing for a while and my armor is not exactly up to par. I want to continue to raid and do heroics. She has always gone back and forth from boomkin to tree plenty of times, without problem. Now, she doesn't have enough spirit or int to heal effectively. Doesn't have enough of a mana pull for boomkin, and has become an oomkin. Her DPS is 6-7k. I understand that is lower than it should be. I've been kicked out of random dungeons because my DPS was lacking. This is embarrassing. Therefore, I've decided I wanted to convert her fully into a tree. I'm not sure how to do this. Any tips? Please. I only get on her to herb and auction. I'm really disappointed in her and myself. I've had her since vanilla. I'd really like to get her to where she is playable again. I have a pvp bear on magtheridon. I have no problem with her. She can take on a whole group without dying. She is a gratified flag carrier. She is almost, if not always, the one with the highest health and killing blows. I love healing. Please, any tips/comments are highly appreciated. Thank you, for your time.Metzo2 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Soothe Icon Anyone agree it needs a revamp?Jedediah2 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Main for MoP Help I am trying to choose a permanent main for MoP and for as long as i play wow. I hate tanking, but i love healing/dpsing. I love seeing huge crits and lots of little numbers. i pvp, so survivability is key. i also love healing in pvp/pve. I love having a large utility of heals to choose from and i have to think on which to think of. Most importantly it needs to be fun, take skill to play and a class i won't get bored on. Keep in mind MoP and i want this to be my absolute permanent main for as long as i play wow. This is very brief, but it's what i mostly want. i also arena. I have a few friends i can level with. So, what class is a good suggestion to have as a permanent main for now and as long as i play wow? I do kind of prefer range>melee. I am on the wire between a shaman, druid or warlock, so any suggestions between those? Please and thank you for the help :)Shalyon5 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Moonkin pvp seems difficult even as a freshly minted balance druid, and taking into account that my gear might as well be a potato, this class/spec seems like its going to be very high maintainence. very cool class tho, but it just doesnt seem to have a dynamic feel to it, i feel like im stuck in the mud. i already know it can be a damage monster so im not prepared to shelve it just yet, but i expect im going to have to find and create a pretty enormous amount of keybinds and macros to get this to any kind of smooth operation. another big downside appears to be that im going to have to work extra hard and not allow myself to be left out in the open. which means ill probbaly not be able to lead the charge into a skirmish on the bg. i dunno. aside from the technical aspect of tuning gear or talents and glyphs, how do you play your balance druid in a random battleground? are you aggressive and the first one heading into a group of enemies? or are you mostly trying to play supportive, popping out of stealth when it makes sense and letting your more heavily armored teammates lead?Wafflebaker10 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 New To Moonkin PvP -- Need Stat help I've been trying to look for a thread that suggests the types of stats I should be gemming/enchanting and what numbers I should be at with my newly dinged 85. I haven't really found one though (albeit I'm fighting the flu, so it's possible I could be delusional) which is why I'm making this thread. I've seen people gem intel. I've seen people gem haste. I've seen people enchant intel. I've seen people enchant spell pen. I just don't know what to do.Tavit4 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Ferals pvp movement Can we get this fixed so that we arent derping around in circles trying to find them because they move so fast they lag -.-Dõtdõtdõt11 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Moonkin LF help! Hello and thanks for taking the time to see if you can help me! My raid group is 8/8HM and we recently had some trouble beating HMadness again tonight. My DPS was far less than where I wanted it to be. When we cleared the fight I was healing, but recently I have found myself DPSing the fight due to some people being unavailable for raid days. I'm 403ilvl and fairly fluent in my rotation. In comparison, my first time DPSing HMadness I was far bottom of the totem pole, recently though I have been able to compete with the other dps, until today when I was back at the bottom of the totem pole. We also post to World of Logs and I can get you access to the if it would help you help me further. I'm more so looking for a "coach" to show me what I'm doing wrong and how to improve in real time (preferably through RealID and maybe some time in LFR or on dummies). I'd also like to get some better strategies for other bosses and some instruction on how to develop strategies for bosses so that I can develop my own strategies for bosses in Mists. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can assist me. I've looked through several guides already and they all say "do this", I want someone to help me understand that this does this, and this combination should be used in this situation. Hope my ramblings for assistance have made some sort of sense... My RealID is james_22180@yahoo.com.Morlifero23 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Boomkin Stat Questions!! Hey all, just a few quick questions about gearing up my boomy here. 1) Why do I want to reforege to mastery instead of crit? 2) In heroics, I never seem to use more than 20k mana on bosses....Am I regening it? Or are we just that efficient. 3) Is there a 378 leather caster shoulder in one of the HoT instances? Cuz I can't find it.... 4) I know I want haste so my DoT's tick faster, but at what cost? If I gem Int, then where should my added haste come from. Reforging? Or somewhere else... Thanks! NerthNerthyss5 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Resto PvP (Haste,Res,Manaregg Balance) I keep trying out to find the balance between Res,Manaregg and Haste.I hope I can find someone that can help me... Is it enaugh to have the 916 Haste cap? or you need 1600 + and Lose Res (gem), Spirit (Reforge) How important is actully crit for Resto Druid like is there a cap? I can gem up to 5.5k Res but I would lose alot Manaregg that I need for Rbg's or long Arenafights. Fazit: Resto Druids are the weakest Heals in patch 4.3 I try to find out whats the best to do the Problem is I dont have like 5.5k Res im way more squischi then other Healers. If i gem me up to 5.5k I'm hard to kill but my manaregg, Haste sucks etc etc ... Like I say I hope you understand my problem and give me an idea whats the best way to find the balance btw we talk about skilled dps they know what theyre doing against rnd people i survive with 4.5k res forever like np. Please dont blame me on my Gramar English is my second Language.Uldra1 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Help with balance Balance is really the only druid spec i seem to like, this is my first druid, and my DPS has always been low, and everyone I ask says balance sucks until lvls 80-85, is this true, or am I missing something about balance?Worgypoo6 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 druid Just wondering, are druids good even without BOA gear (heirlooms) because i want to start a druid but havent got boa/heirlooms so im not sure if it will be great, but can all the non heirlooms druids out thee please help me with my deliema, and your a champNinjastripes13 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Druid Form armor! what if the incarnation spell's Armor turned into a minor glyph so that it would stay on forever, that would REALLY make I happy, anyone else agree ? Ps: sorry not the best English :)Zayden7 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Need Druids All Druid WARGAME NOW!! We're short. GET IN HERE!Clay3 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 What are my caps for 5 mans only ? Sorry for asking this i did check the stickies but could only find stat weights in relation to raids, this is just my little alt and is only used for helping guildies/friends in heroics and some mount farming daily ZG etc. What hit/exp/dodge caps should i hit before im just going for mast/crit after agi ?Fabienne2 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms I am not a fan of using mushrooms as a boomkin, I personally just dont like them. Is resto going to become dependent on using mushrooms as well? can anyone shed some light on this so I can figure out if its time to switch to feral tank/dps, thanksBazinga11 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Tough Decision Okay, now I've almost got this toon to 85; and I'm eagerly trying to decide what to do with it. I'm literally stuck. Restoration: I love healing, I really do. My Shaman is a mainspec healer and it's one of my favourite things to do in this game. I made this character wanting to do the same thing, but I've been hearing a lot of bad things about Restorations Druids and their efficiency in say 5man, and raid healing. What's your opinion on Restoration these days. I'd prefer experience from responses. Feral DPS: Another thing I also enjoy, the only thing I dislike about being a DPS are the strenuously long wait times for heroics at times, and the cheer amount in comparisons to heals/tank. Once again, your opinion please. Balance DPS: Wasn't a big fan of the balance playstyle; so I'd prefer to steer clear from this one. Tank: Another thing I feel I could enjoy, but once again; how are they in comparison to other tanks, and what are their perks above the others? I'm mainly looking for fun in this class. So lets hear it guys, I want your opinions. I can decide who's opinion relates to me. Thanks.Kryagane7 Jul 21, 2012