Hunter

Oct 16 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder277 Oct 16
Apr 12 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide44 Apr 12
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Sep 9 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk300 Sep 9
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1h Does MM mastery up the damage of L&L procs? Marksmanship's "Sniper Training" mastery is worded as increasing the damage of "focus spending abilities". Normally this includes aimed shot, but I don't know if it still counts when it's free due to Lock and Load. Logically it's the same skill, but at the same time it's no longer a focus spending ability so both seem possible. Does anyone know the definitive answer for this? Aimed shots from Lock and Load do feel a bit weaker to me, but that might just be psychological. Couldn't find anything about it on google or the forums.Narimiya1 1h
2h Delete...Trolls are abound. EDIT: Delete please. Trolltards are rampant!Avanah15 2h
2h Who mains Surv for pvp? Just hit 110 and wanna try out survival for pvp. I hear alot of bad things about it but wanna hear from survival mains. What's your talents/honor talents? Any advice on playing survival. Thanks guys. Edit: Random BGs onlyBuss9 2h
2h BM Alpha changes 4/20/18 More big changes for beast Mastery hunter in store! Dire Beast is completely different Dire Beast is no longer interchangeable with Dire Frenzy NEW: Dire Beast Summon a Dire Beast to attack your target for 8 seconds. 40 yard range, COSTS 35 focus, 15 second cooldown (there are no charges on this ability) Dire Beast is now a damage ability instead of a focus generator Dire Frenzy changes to Barbed Shot the bleed shot we got added on the last build got a buff from 10% of attack power up to 40%. I need someone to test Barbed Shot out for me. The data mining almost makes it sound like the ability no longer causes your pet to charge to the target, but that wouldn’t make sense with stomp. Idk, I need more information.Yaldrik14 2h
5h Turn off Growl Blizzard. Tanking is hard enough with DPS pulling everything under the sun for us tanks with no regard for the fact that we are the slowest classes in the game. Hunters, the easiest class to play/learn, perfect for new players, make this even harder by having pets that taunt and not turn it off. Please make it to where pets become mute in dungeons and lose their voices and therefore their ability to taunt off the tanks. This wouldnt be a problem if people actually listened/responded to the tank when they ask them to, but that would make the game too perfect.Vaalhallen59 5h
7h HCT LXV: Cheers and all that stuff ...apparently I capped the previous thread. Oops. What are your plans for the holidays? Me, I think I'll drink lots of eggnog, eat lots of cookies and ice cream, and pray for snow to hit my parents' cabin.Watermist445 7h
9h MM Mage Tower Tips I’m a terrible MM hunter. Just awful. Unfortunately, I want the skins, soooo..... I know I need to practice, but the hardest part for me is I’m always moving around as BM and the whole stop and shoot and then run keeps messing me up. I’ve read some guides and I’ll continue to do so. I’m just looking for any MM tips to help me survive this nightmare. Lol. I took a break and got some decent gear and I’m ready to try again. I’ll beat my head against the wall until I get it done. Yes, I need to “get gud “. And yes, I overgear it now and should be ashamed of myself. I am. I’m an awful MM Hunter. So any tidbits or pointers would be appreciated. ;)Faedrela7 9h
9h Mm talents Wouldn’t it be really nice to have a talent that works like shimmer but for hunters? For ex: You can use disengage while casting aim shot without interrupting the cast!Senlein1 9h
12h BFA MM New Talent So i was reading over the new alpha notes and i noticed the Change of MM's Serrated Shot talent to well..... Serpent Sting Talent 10 Focus 40 yd range Instant cast Requires Hunter (Marksmanship) Requires level 15 Requires Ranged Weapon Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take (10% of Attack power) Nature damage instantly and an additional (40% of Attack power) Nature damage over 12 sec. I find this so interesting lol and i really don't have any words for how i feel about this because i really don't play mm but i still look forward to seeing how this develops. Still gonna main SV in bfa but it looks like blizz is trying to cater to ranged SV people through MM which is cool i guess.Stripendella6 12h
13h Seabound Mystics Not Spawning? Hello all, I am doing the quest "A New Invention" (the one where you can change Hati's appearance.) I have all of the items required for the quest except for the Essence of Pure Spirit which drops off the Seabound Mystics in Highmountain. I have looked at the WowHead pages for the mob itself, the quest, and the item that allows you to change Hati's appearance and I have seen a few comments talking about how the mobs spawn on the hour. I have been camping the mobs for the past 2 hours and 40 minutes and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm pretty sure I am in the correct location (Blind Marshlands) but I just thought I'd make a forum post to make sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Mayaslays82 13h
16h Ranged Survival Hunters: What's missing? Genuinely curious for your opinion on what you lost with the removal of "Ranged" Survival Hunters. Any thoughts on how the play style worked and/or felt then vs. now. Without salt (maybe a little salt...), are you getting anything out of the new versions of Hunter? Does anything in the BfA alpha look promising to you? If you could bring something back to your class what would it be? What do you miss the most?Wyspers133 16h
17h Parsel's Tongue Weakaura I was wondering, has anyone found or written a weakaura string where you can move the stacking buff for Parsel's Tongue on your screen to a location that is more visible?Artimen3 17h
1d Essential raiding addons, gear, and rotation. Looking to up my end game. Have some specific questions I hope you can help with. :) What addons do you find help the most for end game? How are you managing / understanding your best in slot gear on a per fight basis? How does your rotation change with the different legendary slots? This is where I'm the most confused. I just got the warbelt so really want to know I'm using it right. Thanks in advanced!Wyspers13 1d
1d Survival Hunter Leveling Damage Hello, new player question about damage when leveling. Up to about level 50-55 I loved survival hunter the damage was great, then it has gotten a lot worse pretty fast it seems (level 59 now). I tried out a 100+ survival hunter and he was mowing down mobs a lot faster again. From 60-100 is there a reason killing mobs slows down than picks up again 100+? Any input would be great.Klamrma3 1d
1d Where did Survival Fail? Now that Legion is almost over it is a good chance to look back on Survival and talk about how the faults of Melee Survival. Even if you love the change to the spec even you have had a few options or issues that you wish could be addressed. Before just posting because it went from range to melee only simplifies the answer, there are 11 other range specs to play why not just pick one of them? Being range does not identify a spec it is just one aspect of its identity, so what was lost then when Survival went melee and id there anyway that could be brought over to the current form of Survival? Blizzard has already stated that melee Survival would be a niche spec and the changes they have made in BfA show they are aware of this; however, they are trying to mash together old range Survival with melee Survival and hoping this will appease both sides, but it seems to be even further alienating the specs creating three sides now, so where did Survival fail and what needs to saved before BfA?Ogdenir133 1d
1d Rodent Family - Add Beavers? The 'rodent' pet family literally only has porcupines in it, and those "Marsuul" alien-squirrel things from Argus. The only other rodents I can think of as potential hunter pets are the largest rats and prairie dogs, but I doubt Blizzard would let us have them since they are probably too small. Beavers though, are larger and about the same size as the porcupines in-game. I've seen various large beavers out in the world, in many colors too, and they are rodents, can they be added to the family?Zumajin10 1d
1d 8.0 BM with Versatility baked into abilities? Hello, I was looking for BM 20/04/2018 changes and noticed that versatility rating is now part of most of our signature attacks (Kill Command and Stomp that I know but could be more). Kill Command Give the command to kill, causing your pet to savagely deal [(50% of Attack power) + (Ranged attack power * 0.6) * 1 * (0.5 + min(Level, 20) * 0.025) * (1 + Versatility)] Physical damage to the enemy. Stomp Dire Beast When your Dire Beasts charge in they will stomp the ground When you cast Dire Frenzy, your pet stomps the ground, dealing [((50% of Attack power)) * (1 + Versatility)] Physical damage to all nearby enemies. Last time I remember only mastery and agility affected pet damage, do versatility buff pets or no? Did it change? Versatility in Legion was a terrible and undesired stat. I have a bad feeling about this...Geleia4 1d
1d BM question for alpha testers I know the new build just dropped, but could anyone with alpha access shed some light on the “new” Barbed Shot ability? Does it still cause your pet to charge towards your target? Does the bleed stack, or just the pet attack speed bonus? How is this ability interacting with Stomp? -Does it even work with stomp? -Does your pet cast stomp before or after it charges towards the target? (assuming Barbed Shot still makes your pet charge)Yaldrik1 1d
1d Wait wtf pets really Lol i just looked up the list on wowhead. And the only cunning pet that gets a mortal strike is a freagin rodent. That means ur only option to take mortal strike and masters call together is a freakin beaver....lmao is this wrong anyone else seen this...is pvp gonna be filled with 10 beavers in a battleground. Ill miss my carrion terror birds all expac if this isnt looked into...so lame being gated to a specific bad pet. All i can say is players better be ready to munch my beavers if thats the case...what kinda descision was this...im looking my awesome transmog with 2 giant flying terror birds for wood chucks....like a bossThuperduper8 1d
1d Rate That Xmog Last thread reached 500 posts, starting a new one!Drahreg123 1d
1d my thoughts on most of bfa hunter edit: It has been confirmed that Battle for Azeroth will release on AUGUST 14TH. edit: should mention i have this book marked and will update throughout alpha. if i get alpha/beta access, i will probably copy/paste this thread to the class design forums. this was written over several days and these are partly first impressions with some after thought put to them. just an fyi, if you think my opinions are stupid, opinions are subjective and you are an idiot for thinking as such. thank you for possibly reading my post. i have it mostly separated into categories that are easy to follow. i didn't really touch bm base abilities because it is mostly the same. it will go bm talents, marksman abilities, marksman talents, survival disclaimer, survival abilities, and survival talents with a brief overall impression at the end of each section. list of opinions on hunter talents and changes. bm cobra shot: deals damage and reduces kill commands cd by 1 second. barbed shot: you shoot the target and it bleeds for 8 seconds. pet get goes into a frenzy (for some reason) and gains 30% attack speed. stacks 3 times. a little weird to me that me shooting someone sends my pet into a frenzy for one attack and not the other (cobra shot). just sayin. i hope the damage will be adjusted for getting rid of most of the synergy with bm mastery. edit: changed from dire frenzy to barbed shot as of 4/19/18. so ends the short reign on dire frenzy. edit: the pet doesn't do any of the damage anymore as of 4/13/18. wild call: same as live. would like to see wild call broadened a bit in what can proc it. tranquilizing shot: dispels one enrage and 1 magic effect from an enemy. huzzah, my utility is coming back. tier 1 Killer instinct: Kill Command deals 50% increased damage against enemies below 35% health. Beast Mastery Hunter - Level 15 Talent. so an execute built in to our main spender. definitely boosts the use of killer cobra. doesn't really change the play style at all. unless the hati talent is really good, this will be the go to talent. dire beast just doesn't have enough synergy to even compete with these two talents. edit: this was changed from big game hunter to this as of 4/13/18. animal companion: call pet summons the first pet in your stable. it will use kill command but nothing else. so hati 2.0. it isn't the worst idea but i'd honestly like something more then this. people already have a love hate relationship with hati. if you added like a blink strikes teleport thing to it to help with pathing, i think a lot less people would hate this. edit: added ac text and opinion as of 2/27/18 dire beast: summons a powerful beast to attack for 8 seconds. costs 35 focus. i'm very happy this is still a choice. this might be the extra button people have been wanting. it competes with kill command and cobra shot so the damage will have to be worth it to take over the hati talent. edit: changed from a generator to a spender as of 4/19/18. tier 2 dire stable: dire frenzy generates 8 additional focus. its fine. its a very basic thing and not much can be said beyond its good. edit: changed from 12 focus to 8 focus as of 3/22/18. one with the pack: wild call has a 20% increased chance to reset dire frenzy. fun talent. please keep. if you are going to nerf this talent, please increase the ways to proc wild call. edit: changed from 30% to 20% increase as of 3/22/18. chimaera shot: deals damage to up to 2 targets. generates 10 focus per target hit. please get rid of this. it is over shadowed heavily by dire stable. the amount of focus and potential dps stable gives far surpasses this unless you make it absurdly op. edit: nerfed damage and focus generation as of feb 22nd. useless talent made more useless. tier 3 trailblazer: increased movement when you don't attack for 3 sec. this is fine. just lackluster. maybe change it to when you don't attack or get attacked for 3 seconds. that way it has more in fight uses. maybe make it 15% for each. so if you don't attack for 3 seconds, you get 15% speed and if you don't get attacked for 3 seconds, you get another 15% speed. natural mending: every 30 focus spent reduces exhilarations remaining cd by 1 second. this is an interesting idea and helps give a bit more survivability to hunters even though we are already pretty tough. edit: this was changed from posthaste to natural mending as of 3/15/18 camoflage: stealth for 1 minute, heal for 2% every sec while active. its a fun ability. won't see use for pve. reccomend making baseline. edit: changed from farstrider to camoflage as of 3/15/18 tier 4 venomous bite: cobra shot reduces bestial wrath cd by 1 sec. a bit boring in my opinion. i can definitly see this being a fun talent for others. thrill of the hunt: dire frenzy grants 3% crit for 8 sec, stacking to 3. probably fun in the early game. late game when we get crits galore, will probably become a boring passive we keep up without thinking. a murder of crows: damage over time that resets if the target dies will the dot is active. fun dot. flock of birds peck at people. tier 5 binding shot: aoe that roots if a chain is broken for 5 seconds. this is a major downgrade from the stun version. i understand changing it from a stun but an easier root condition or longer root duration would be nice. roots not breaking from damage will never justify taking this over posthaste. posthaste is amazing because of the cc break, not the speed. posthaste: breaks movement impairments and increases movement when you disengage. please just bake this into the class. it doesn't matter how much you reduce the movement speed. the root break is so desired that we will take it forever. there is no choice. edit: changed to posthaste from wyvern sting as of 3/15/18. born to be wild: reduces the cd of cheetah and turtle by 20% it will only be taken if turtle is needed more. cheetah sucks. edit: changed from intimidation to born to be wild as of 3/15/18. intimidation is now baseline. tier 6 stomp: dire frenzy causes your pet to stomp for aoe damage. nice alternate aoe talent. barrage: same since mop, the group aggro generator. never use outside raid boss fights. read my sarcastic tooltip, please! stampede: summons a herd that charges for 12 seconds. this will need insane burst damage to compete with stomp. definitly needs a pass. i reccomend using the mop design where it summons 5 guardians and allow them to benefit from beast cleave. tier 7 killer cobra: kill command cd resets when cobra shot is cast during bestial wrath. its fine. not much to expand on. aspect of the beast: Increases the damage of your pet's abilities by 30%. Increases the effectiveness of your pet's Predator's Thirst, Endurance Training, and Pathfinding passives by 50% i'm actually a bit concerned about this talent. the damage part definitely falls behind what the other two can do but the 50% boost to leech, movement speed or max hp is REALLY tempting. this MAY become a mandatory talent. edit: this talent was changed from what we have on live to what it has been updated to as of the build released on 4/13/18. spitting cobra: summons a cobra that attacks for 20 seconds. generates 2 focus every sec. fun cooldown. kind of sad this shares a row with killer cobra. overall bm opinion: pretty simple. this is fine as long as the other 2 specs aren't stupid clunky like they were in legion. marksman steady shot: focus generator, usable while moving. call me old school but i'm glad this is back. arcane shot: 15 focus, deal damage. formerly quick shot. (previous was "aka arcane shot") edit: changed from quick shot to arcane shot. aimed shot: 50 focus, 2 charges, heavy damage on a long cast. deals more damage to an enemy you haven't hit yet. either needs decent up time on the buff that gets rid of the cast or needs to be castable while moving. rapid fire: 3 sec channel, 20 sec cd, hits every 0.3 seconds (probably scales with haste) for 3 seconds. generates focus. animation needs some work. rapid firing arrows is cool but lining up the attack animations would make it cooler. trueshot: flat damage buff, 3 min cd. please change this. flat damage buffs are immensely boring. please go back to the haste cd. grants 1 stack of aimed shot. edit: apparently this gave stacks of aimed shot upon use and i didn't catch that. it was changed from granting 2 (both) stacks of aimed shot to 1 as of 4/13/18. trick shots: aimed shot will hit up to 5 more targets when multi shot hits more then 1 enemy. interesting aoe idea. aoe will suffer if you have to move at all since aimed shot can't be used while moving. talents tier 1 master marksman: aimed shot has a 30% chance to reduce the focus cost of the next arcane shot or multi-shot by 100%. i don't see how a flat 30% proc can compare to a very cheap poison or a dot that can reset. this is much worse then the old version. you'd have to be procing a lot to just compete with that cheap poison. edit: changed from when aimed shot crits to flat 30% chance. edit: careful aim was changed to master marksman as of 3/6/18 serpent sting: deals instant poison damage followed by a stronger poison dot. 10 focus. it's ranged rend. its rather boring to be a talent. this should more then likely be baseline in this form if blizz really wants it. murder of crows at least has a reset to improve how you manage it. this is fire and forget. edit: serrated shots was changed to serrated shot as of 3/22/18. edit: changed from serrated shot to serpent sting as of 4/19/18. other wise it is exactly the same. a murder of crows: damage over time. resets if target dies while active. not really a marksman talent. making some kind deep wound bleed from aimed shot would be better. tier 2 careful aim: aimed shot has a 20% chance to do 200% more damage to targets with more then 80% hp or less then 20% hp. interesting idea to make aimed shot like the old kill shot. depends on proc chance for usage. edit: added the percent chance to trigger. edit: bombardment was changed to careful aim as of 3/6/18. volley: auto shots can make arrows rain from the sky for damage. slightly different from live. i like live version. percent chance on auto attack to trigger instead of always. edit: changed from when you cast multi-shot to when you auto attack. explosive shot: fires a shot forward. press again for damage at that spot. gives back some focus and reduced cd if you don't trigger it. this abomination of explosive shot should be dead and gone. it isn't fun when you have a rotation you have to pay attention too. that fact you can lose damage if you forget to press the button again makes it even worse. please scrap this. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above description. decent pick but you won't have that speed very often. swiftwind: aimed shot reduces cheetahs cd by 10 sec. omg yes. cheetah won't be a worthless speed boost out done by racials. camoflage: stealth for 1 minute, heal for 2% every sec while active. its a fun ability. won't see use for pve. reccomend making baseline. tier 4 streamline: rapid fire lasts 2 more sec. burst focus generator. niche pick so its neat. steady focus: steady shot reduces its cast time by .25 sec, stacking to 2. any other shot gets rid of buff. if it wasn't for the last part this would be a good general pick. probably won't see use since by the time you get to 3 stacks you are near focus cap. edit: changed from max of 3 stacks to 2 since the build released on 4/13/18. hunter's mark: increases damage done to target. generates 20 focus on target death. only 1 mark at a time. this will definitly see use at some point. if it is off the gcd, it will probably be mandatory for heavy add fights and get macrod to abilities if its off the gcd. tier 5 born to be wild: reduced cd for cheetah and turtle same as above. cheetah still sucks. edit: changed from natural mending to born to be wild as of 3/15/18. posthaste: same as above. opinion is the same. binding shot: same as above. opinion is the same. tier 6 lethal shots: steady shot has a 10% chance to make your next aimed shot or rapid fire crit. fine talent. seems like they want to make this all about crit. i have a feeling marksman will either be undertuned or need a nerf once we get late into bfa. edit: changed from trick shots increasing damage to steady shot guarenteeing a crit. double tap: your next aimed shot will fire a second time without costing focus, or your next rapid fire will shoot 100% more shots during its channel. 60 second cd. probably should give clarification on whether the second cast of aimed shot uses a charge or not since the default description doesn't mention not using a charge. its a very interesting cd that gives burst damage or burst resource generation. if it uses both charges of aimed shot, it will probably only be used for focus generation. edit: lock and load was replaced with double tap as of 3/6/18. barrage: same as above. same sarcastic opinion. tier 7 calling the shots: casting arcane shot reduces trueshots cd. its fine. not overly fond of it because of trueshot. edit: switched from quick shot to aimed shot as of 3/6/18. edit: switched from aimed shot back to arcane shot as of 4/19/18. lock and load: your ranged auto attacks (cause marksman melees apparently) can make your next 2 aimed shot be instant and free. could use a part where it gives at least one charge on aimed shot. the proc could be gone before you can use 2 aimed shots. piercing shot: deals heavy damage to main target and less damage to enemies between you and the target. fun theme appropriate idea. marksman overall opinion: certainly seems like it is taking a turn for the better. marksman in legion was really poorly tested and left in a bad spot. i am hopeful for this iteration. i do believe what we know so far is incomplete so i expect some more fleshing out to come. survival i humbly request you change it from requiring a two handed weapon to being interchangeable with duel wield. restricting to a two hander certainly kills enjoyment for some people. i would like survival a lot more if i could dual wield. you should only restrict weapons for a good reason and one melee ability really isn't one in my opinion. i have no idea how this will play. this part is completely opinion with no testing available since i don't have alpha access. kill command: does damage and generate focus. chance to reset cd. this solves the lack of focus regen for survival. thats all. wildfire bomb: throw at target. target and enemies in a cone behind get a dot. seems interesting. could benefit from a second charge since carve is gone. edit: how it works has changed a bit from being a single debuff doing aoe damage to a cone affect on target and targets hit get a dot. harpoon: same as legion. edit: harpoon has been changed to a charge system as of feb 22nd. suggesting there may be a way to get more then one charge of harpoon. great for focus regen with a talent. i'm only bringing this one up because it would be nice to be able to cast it at the ground like the rogue chain pull. coordinated assualt: increase damage you and pet deal. kill command has a 30% increased chance to reset its cd. the flat damage buff is still boring but the reset chance is interesting. kill command can't do anywhere near the damage raptor strike does. if it does, then spamming kill command will become the rotation during that cd. aspect of the eagle: increased crit chance (i think, it might be damage) and increased range on raptor strike. its a lot more interesting then the other cd. i request a glyph to change the spirit owl animation on raptor strike to a giant raptor head. think the spirit beast, gon, but just the head. that'd be awesome. talents tier 1 viper's venom: raptor strike has a 20% chance to make your next serpent sting cost no focus and deal 300% more initial damage. approx 4 procs per minute. this should probably proc off kill command. i don't see this getting taken over the other talents unless the damage boost is immense. add on that serpent sting only costs 20 focus doesn't make it very appealing. i think this talent should be flipped around. rather then raptor strike proccing for serpent sting, serpent stings dot should proc for raptor strike. edit: added viper's venom to the post as of 2/27/18. proc chance went from 15% to 20% as of 3/15/18. initial damage was upped to 300% from 200% and added rppm counter as of 3/22/18. alpha predator: kill command has 2 charges and deals more damage. this will probably be the go to talent. it will help smooth out focus generation immensely. edit: changed from flanking strike to alpha predator. edit: generates 5 less focus and does less damage. the focus part is getting reduced to probably lower the power it has compared to the other talent. terms of enegagement: harpoon now deals damage and generates 40 focus over 10 sec. kills reset harpoon cd. the reset on enemy kills already makes this really good for mobility. the focus is a bonus. the added damage just helps it compete with the other 2 talents since this lacked damage. edit: damage was added as of 3/22/18. tier 2 guerilla tactics: wildfire bomb has 2 charges and deals 100% more inital damage. should be baseline and this reworked since there is a lack of consistent aoe dps. i still hold my original opinion. the damage part could stay a talent but the 2nd charge should be baseline. edit: added the damage as of 3/15/18. hydra's bite: serpent sting hits 2 more targets and does more damage. good for multi dotting and cleave fights. fun idea. butchery: same as now. i love butchery. i would ask if you don't give wildfire bomb 2 charges, make this baseline. edit: recharge reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds as of feb 22nd. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above. same opinion as first mention. natural mending: same as mentioned. same opinion. edit: changed from posthaste to natural mending as of 3/15/18. camoflauge: same as above. this talent will never see pve use. you can't attack during it and taking damage breaks it making the healing worthless. its better as a pvp talent. tier 4 bloodseeker: kill command applies a dot. 10% bonus attack speed per dot active. a great talent that gives good baseline boost and can be maximized with work. steel trap: roots for 30 seconds and applies a dot. damage not from this spell can break the root. not sure if this will see use. bloodseeker has a more immediate impact. this will definitely be more of a pvp talent then pve. might see use on bosses in pve if the bleed is strong enough to out weight an attack speed boost and a extra bleed. edit: as shown by this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTUA1NIqAlE) at 32:59, this talent no longer replaces freezing trap. edit: i was told it no longer replaces freezing trap but i could not find confirmation on this. this edit is mostly a warning that this may be the case and the spell will be updated if it comes to reflect this change on alpha. a murder of crows: same as above. doesn't really fit survival. it isn't a bad spell but it is more of a beast mastery spell. tier 5 born to be wild: reduced cd for cheetah and exhilaration. needs to be more then 20% for cheetah. cheetah is a 3 minute cd that is out done by the worgen racial. that to me is messed up. this talent would be fine if cheetah was a 2 min cd. posthaste: same as mentioned. same opinion. edit: changed from intimidation to posthaste as of 3/15/18. intimidation is now baseline. binding shot: same as above. same opinion as above. tier 6 tip of the spear: kill command increases damage for raptor strike. stacks 3 times. a buff to manage which is nice. mongoose bite: replaces raptor strike. deals damage. more you use mb, the more damage it deals for 14 seconds. i might like this talent since it doesn't have clunky "synergy" with a 45 second cd now. i still think its bad. flanking strike: you and your pet leap to a target and attack together. you AND your pet gain 30 focus. 40 sec cd. this will probably be the go to as long as it isn't massively outshined by the other talents. burst damage and more focus gen is really good. edit: changed from coming soon to flanking strike as of 3/15/18. tier 7 birds of prey: raptor striking extends coordinated assaults duration by 1 sec. of course this is good. i would just prefer to change the flat damage buff. wildfire infusion: Lace your Wildfire Bomb with extra reagents, giving it one of the following properties randomly: Shrapnel Bomb: Shrapnel pierces the targets, causing Mongoose Bite/Raptor Strike and Butchery to apply a bleed for 9 sec that stacks up to 3 times. Pheromone Bomb: Kill Command has a 100% chance to reset against targets coated with Pheromones. Volatile Bomb: Reacts violently with poison, causing an extra explosion against enemies suffering from your Serpent Sting and refreshes your Serpent Stings. this will be an extremely fun talent IF we get to choose the type of bomb. getting the choice adds complexity to wildfire bomb because there are many combos that can be done. shrapnel bomb would pair great with alpha predator and bloodseeker. pheromone bomb has combo potential with alpha predator and timing it with cds and gaining burst focus when needed. volatile bomb has great synergy with hydra's bite. edit: changed from placeholder to wildfire infusion as of 3/22/18. chakrams: throws 2 chakrams for damage and all between. very fun positioning ability. i love that its back. edit: targets takes 100% more damage as of feb 22nd. survival is certainly looking better then it does in legion. i am eager to see what other ideas you have in store. Pets currently, pet specs will be restricted based on what kind of pet it is. such as a wolf being ferocity and turtles being tenacity. my overall opinion is that this is good. with specs being restricted, we will need at least one pet of each spec on us at all times. the other 2 slots are freebies. this will free us from only getting to use a limited number of pets from very few pet families. lets be fair, if you have a lust, you should always run brez just because you might be in range and someone else might not. also, pet damage was normalized so you don't need a ferocity pet for the best dps. ferocity Predators thirst: you and your pet heal for some of the damage you do. I believe its currently 10% to help make ferocity a good choice to the other two specs. having a lust makes ferocity almost mandatory but if you have a lust, this spec is really weak compared to the other two. odds are ferocity will need something else. Primal rage: bloodlust its lust. nuff said. Tenacity Endurance training: you and your pet gain more maximum health. very good for fights where you need to take big hits. Survival of the fittest: 3 min cd. you and your pet take reduced damage for a time. currently at 20%. this is a very weird cd. with how weak it is, you'd think its for mitigating lots of small hits. the cd makes that impractical. definitely going to be used if you need more survivability though. Cunning Pathfinding: you and your pet gain movement speed. currently at 8%. this will be the go to spec just with this. the best way to mitigate damage is to not take it in the first place. Master's Call: your pet removes roots and movement impairments from itself and that target and grants immunity to both effects for 4 seconds. this can save lives in raids. another ability that makes this spec the go to.Axeperson40 1d
1d New BM hunter Just started playing a couple days ago and I have a few questions. I'm having a hard time finding better weapons. At 15 I started doing dungeons and I've been doing the story line otherwise. Is there something better to do to upgrade stuff? I'm also confused about the pets. I'm still using the basic tiger pet I got starting out. Although I have another one (a bird) but it has no special attack abilities. I also have a owl that does duels with animals. How exactly do I find better pets? How do they get trained? And does this dueling owl do anything else? My last question is I have pet trainer I have to see all the way in the eastern kingdom, is there a quick way to get out there? Thanks.Alarinah7 1d
1d Any thoughts on BM being viable in BfA? I quit BM about 6 months into Legion when it was obvious nothing was going to be done, and it sounds like I made the right choice. I'd like to avoid making the same mistake twice. I enjoy classes in MMOs that have a strong pet (Magician in EQ for example), and would love to play BM again in BfA, but not if its going to be completely ignored for years like Legion. I've read around here that they are making LOS requirements for most pet-based attacks (hate to lose that freedom but probably a good thing for health of the game honestly). Do you guys feel they will make BM viable this time around?Alderoth1 1d
2d Lone Wolf in BFA So I’m BFA Lone Wolf seems to have changed to a baseline ability that gives you 10% damage whenever you don’t have a pet out. It no longer restricts you from having a pet, it just buffs you when you don’t have one. This design seems to be pretty good; it lets you summon one and gives you the intended buff when you don’t have one. I think marksmanship however should have a counterpart buff for when you have a pet out. Simply rig things so the pet always does 10% of what the hunter would do on single target, give it auto blink strikes to teleport for target switching, and give us a buff called spotter that buffs hunter aoe by 10% when they have a pet, since pets don’t do aoe. So no pet would be 10% single target 10% aoe And having a pet would be the pet does that 10% single target and you preserve that 10% aoe Make having a pet or not inconsequential to MM gameplay. If you want one or not, its purely a choice.Naijin20 2d
2d Beast Master & BFA Disclaimer: I do NOT have BFA Alpha, however I've been paying attention to a lot of the hunter changes, and I feel like i need to voice some concerns. BM talents, and their reworks are looking fantastic, imo. I'm really excited to see some of the changes that is happening to BM, especially with Frenzy being made baseline. However, I feel like there will be several situations where talents will "gimp" our damage, rather than improve it. For example, if Dire Frenzy is being made baseline, why is Dire Beast on that tier? I understand that tier 15 is a single target only talent tier, but Dire Beast has several flaws. One of the flaws, that is probably unnoticed, is that Dire Beast actually "hurts" our AoE damage, unlike the other two talents. With Dire Frenzy increasing our pet's attack speed, this results in a loss of AoE dps when this talent is taken, as the Dire Beasts do not AoE. Secondly, with Chimera Shot being on the same tier as Dire Stable and One with the Pack, it needs to do much more damage, in order to provide itself with the goal of being Beast Master's only 2 target damaging ability, which we currently lack. Most of the talents look great outside of that, but I feel like there could be some more "interesting" changes that could impact BM in much more interesting ways, and still result in the same thing. ----- Currently in Legion, BM hunters, feel almost forced, play Murder of Crows. This ability feels as if it should be baseline for BM in a way that it's nearly mandatory in almost every situation, outside the use of Volley. With the move from tier 90 to 60, this causes Murder of Crows to compete with Thrill of the Hunt, and Venomous Bite. These two talents are exceptionally good at reducing Bestial Wrath's cooldown, by either reducing it direction from Cobra Shots, or through resets via Thrill of the Hunt's critical strike chance buff. It makes Murder of Crow's impact on that tier rather lackluster, other than lining it up with Bestial Wrath. In my opinion, Murder of Crows should become baseline, and this talent should be replaced with Killer Cobra, instead. Let me explain my theory. Killer Cobra being on the tier of Venomous Bite and Thrill of the Hunt would alter how BM hunters view Bestial Wrath, and what happens when they achieve Bestial Wrath. Venomous Bite would give us "consistant" resets, as it would directly reduce BW's CD. Thrill of the Hunt would most likely be a larger DPS increase, but much more random, due to the nature of critical strike. Meanwhile, Killer Cobra, would be less resets but when you hit Bestial Wrath, you "feel" it. This tier would make Bestial Wrath, impact our rotation in different manners. ---- I also feel the level 100 talents don't do anyone real justice, and could be changed to focus A Murder of Crows. The first talent Aspect of the Beast, while its change looks fantastic, I personally feel like passive pet damage on it, is just a band-aid Blizzard put on the talent to try to make it compete with Killer Cobra and the new talent Spitting Cobras. In my opinion, Aspect of the Beast should have its passive pet damage buff removed, and should be moved to the tier 75, in place of Born to be Wild. Here's my reasoning. Aspect of the Beast's new change empowers the affects of our beast's role passives. This choice should be integral to playing a Beast Master, and should directly impact how a Beast Master looks at themselves. Their passives being utility based, should be put on a utility tier, and not baked into a DPS tier. You could even go so far to make Aspect of the Beast also lower their cooldowns of their active abilities, rather than making Born to be Wild a dull talent that people will probably take just to get a shorter CD on Aspect of the Turtle. ---- Finally, I wanted to discuss what i mentioned earlier, adding a completely new tier centered around A Murder of Crows. This ability has so much potential to be something great other than just a simple talent on a 1 minute cooldown. This ability could have many different variations to allow it to be customized in different ways, and be useful on multiple fights. AMoC just "feels" like a dps cooldown much more than Bestial Wrath or Aspect of the Wild. In my opinion, make A Murder of Crows last 30 seconds, deal slightly more damage during its duration, still on a one minute cooldown. This does one of two things. Buff BM's single target damage, and gives it more of a chance to "reset". What this means is you can add multiple talents that impact AMoC in different ways. Here are some of my suggestions, and ideas. -Ravenous Crows: A Murder of Crows deals its 10% more damage, and in half its time -Swarm of Crows: A Murder of Crows deals 30% of its damage around its primary target during its duration. -Birds of Prey: A Murder of Crows now spreads to an additional target, but cannot reset. -Scavenging Birds: When your target dies, A Murder of Crows automatically changes to a nearby target you're in combat with, as well as resetting. Can only occur once every cast. -Birds of Nightmare: A Murder of Crows no longer requires a target, instead deals 50% of its damage to all targets in the targeted area over 15 seconds. A Murder of Crows can no longer reset. ---- Stampede was often a center of discussion with some of the other hunter's I've talked to on World of Warcraft. Generally most people mentioned that they outright despised this ability. I was interested to hear their reasons why. Some mentioned they hated the change from WoD to Legion, going from pets to animals running in a line. Others complained that it was unreliable, or doesn't fit the class fantasy. Some mentioned that it's cooldown just doesn't make it worth it. I found it to be quite interesting. So my proposal to them, immediately maid them "raise an eyebrow" so to speak. I personally feel like Stampede should do half its damage, have a slightly wider Area of Effect, have more reliable beasts per second, to make the ability more consistant, yet be on a 1.5 minute cooldown, instead of 3. This makes Stampede useful in more situations, more reliable in terms of damage output, and makes it feel more integral to mixing it in with our rotation. This would be very powerful in M+ situations, as well as giving us a great choice for burst. ---- This is just my opinion about how things could be spiced up a bit. I really really do like the direction of beast master, i just hope that it no only is viewed better by the community, but feels more exciting to play! Edited to include Stampede proposal.Beefmaster18 2d
2d Hunter should have a tank spec I know this is going to attract some violent attention, but I'm gonna throw it out there to the wolves anyways: Hunters should have a tank spec. Right now hunters have 3 dps specs: 2 ranged and 1 melee. I know some have enjoyed this sort of "variety" (I use that word loosely), but I think all players would benefit with one of the most popular classes being able to tank. More actual variety for hunters, and less waiting for the elusive "tank" to magically show up in the queue for everyone else. Survival would be the easiest choice to be a tank now that it's a melee class. In regards to Survival: Survival has a ton of tank-like utility with their moves already (the reverse death grip and AoE), utility traps, etc. They really feel like a mix of certain tanks already. I'd just really, really, REALLY like to see a tank spec on the hunter going into this next expansion. Maybe if you guys have some other ideas we can put them here to inspire the developers to make such a move.Beasthugger80 2d
2d ferocity pets viable in BFA arena? Not that ferocity pets have ever been the top choice, but now each pet class is only being separated by 2 core abilities. One of ferocities is bloodlust, wich I'm not even certain will be able to be used in BFA arena. If not, Both cunning and tenacity will have 2 core abilities active while ferocity only has one. to me this seems like a bit of an issue.Crayden7 2d
2d Survival Redesign Idea So melee survival is sticking to BFA. But I think that survival could have an interesting opportunity as a ranged spec using thrown melee weapons. Essentially a head-hunter type spec, throwing spears or dual-wielded axes/daggers and other devices. It could have a playstyle based off the old ranged survival, but with some play related to the current theme. In my mind, these would be the abilities. Note most of these are analogues to the old explosive trap survival re-worked to have a melee weapon style theme. Dragonfire Grenade: This is currently a lackluster dps talent, but Dragonfire Grenade in this version would be Explosive Shot's analogue. A short cooldown, instant rotational ability that does a short fire based DoT effect, and has a passive to allow it to come online to be used three times in a row. So basically: Throw a Dragonfire Grenade that does fire damage over 3 seconds. 8 second cooldown. Black Power [Passive]: Lock and Load basically. Your traps and DoT effects have a change to activate Black Powder, giving you two Dragonfire Grenades with no cooldown (i.e. cast 2, then the third activates the CD). Serpent Sting: Throw a weapon covered in poison, inflicting nature damage over 16 seconds. Flank: This is based off flanking strike, but as a focus generator on a short CD You and your pet initiate a flanking maneuver, your pet striking at melee range and you viciously throwing your weapon. Generates x focus for you and your pet Mongoose Bite: Your instant focus dump when your other abilities are offline. Throw your weapon, doing x damage Lacerate: Hurl your weapon, dealing x bleed damage over 16 seconds. Chakrams: Throw two chakrams, dealing damage on their way to the target and on the way back Theme wise, you'd be dualwielding or wielding a polearm, and your abilities would appear to be thrown from range but would act like melee abilities appearancewise in melee range.Naijin0 2d
2d More Hunter Pet Slots? With the new expansion announced at BlizzCon, I was hoping to hear something about more slots for hunter pets. But I haven't heard a thing, and I know that there is a need for them, for those like me that love collecting them - as there are a variety of pets out there! Has there been mention of Blizz expanding the number of slots? If not, I officially request that we get more space. Or even maybe a set up similar to the way battle pets are would be a cool way of doing it!Ladrana8 2d
2d Survival rotation in bfa It feels like survival is moving from having the most complicated rotation to having one of the simpler rotations like resource builder & spender with a reset proc that makes you spam one button over and over(kill command). I play sv in legion because it feels rewarding when I master a complex rotation. Should I jump ship to another class when bfa hits or na?Highkick19 2d
2d What's the best hunter race? I made a goblin because I thought they were cool when they came out. Im looking to switch so what would be the bestFirèfly69 2d
2d Void stalker locations to tame. I unlocked the Void Elf race recently, so I paid for race change to switch from 110 level Night Elf Hunter to Void Elf Hunter. The problem? The void stalker pet that Void Elf Hunters start with is not included and I can't tame the ones that exist in the rift as BM. Where else can I find a void stalker that can be tamed?Vester7 2d
2d Pet Stables in BfA I expected a topic to pop up on this after yesterday’s interviews, & maybe there is on the alpha forums. But, most of us can’t post there so here goes. Yesterday Perculia interviewed Muffinus & asked about plans for pet stables & inquired about Hati’s fate. He didn’t directly answer either question, but he gave some vague hints. Hati has something in the works. Pet stables are being looked at. And it appears the debate between adding more slots or a collection tab like battle pets is being discussed at Blizzard as it has here. I personally am a collector so I like the idea of a collection tab. I like matching my pets to transmog, collecting the rare skins, etc. Which is it that you all would prefer? He said they want our feedback. Let’s give it.Maharat12 2d
2d How I envisioned Survival in vanilla Survival hunters had an interesting return to the concept of a melee hunter. Which was also a concept a lot of people thought that was in Vanilla about hunters. One difference is, that survival hunters in vanilla could still use all their range abilities, they just had a more effective melee attacks, CC, and overall survivability. I understand the challenge, If we make a survival hunter in the same way classic did. They would still be mediocre in melee AND range for dungeons and raids... because if you make either one viable while at the same time they keep the utility of the other (melee/range) they could be overpowered.... or just be stuck in one role when it gets down to it either way. How I envision a survival/melee hunter is a character that kind of uses guerrilla tactics in combat. They swoop in, deal their burst melee dps/slow then move into range for their consistent damage, until their melee cooldowns are up again to where they swoop in again. A survival hunter can be the first hybrid Melee/Range class, where it is actually a part of their rotation to go in and out of melee and range. I think this would make survival a unique playstyle because currently imo... they are not that different than some other melee classes.... accept have a pet. You can do this by having Raptor Strike and a Lacerate spell as 30 second cooldowns... and make them worth the dps to go into melee for them. Also give them some sort of "rage" type of ability that only applies to melee attacks that makes it worth it to move into melee range for the duration of the "rage", maybe you can attach a double weapon attack to deterrence or something. Also have a ability that when survival hunters are 10+ yards away they receive a 30% buff to range attacks and when they are 10- yards away from the target they receive a 30% increase in melee attacks. This kind of play-style would have it's ups and downs... Fights where movement is very limited will hurt the Survival hunter(Though I think that majority of fights this wouldn't be an issue, since they also retain their range abilities, they have an advantage over melee characters)... but with fights that let them be able to move freely in and out of their 10 yard range, they'd be able to be at their full potential.Gorde3 2d
2d How do YOU counter Demon Hunters in PvP? I wanted to see if anyone has any personal advice on tackling them with their seemingly limitless mobility. Any form of slow simply doesn't effect them. I welcome any kind of tips. They are really the only class I struggle against right now... that and maybe rogues a little bit.Howlune4 2d
3d Iron Juggernaut model tamable in Legion. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=23742&sid=aacba86f98582505f0c61c90b7d79dec&start=680 http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=26604&sid=252a70474f8a5eb9bc8e7af519ba7fc9 Need I say more? Hunter master class.Ningjinq8 3d
3d MM hunter in BFA alpha I dont have alpha access, so cant really try it out myslef. However, a lot of people including some streamers are saying MM gameplay is very stale at this state, but i couldnt find any solid reason for the hate. Can anyone who have alpha access explain why everyone hates MM in alpha?Yuhn4 3d
3d Difficulty picking an alt. ((First off as a disclosure, I'm sorry if this post upsets anyone or annoys anyone. I understand that picking a class should be a solo-able activity but I'm having quit a bit of difficulty picking from those I've narrowed it down to, and Hunter is one of those. Any advice or wisdom concerning the Hunter class would be greatly appreciated ! :) )) TL;DR I can't decide between a Druid, Warrior or Hunter. The rest below is simply more detailed and if you're struggling to choose a class as well it may assist you. Hi. So I recently came back to WoW after a very long break, and I'm having problems picking an alt. My main is a rogue (specifically sub) and I love the fluidity it brings to the table as well as the extra utility. I've narrowed the classes I'm considering to three at this point, which are Warrior, Druid and Hunter. Below is just a general synopsis I've gathered of each of the classes. It goes from least amount of interest to most. Demon Hunter- I tried it, just didn't like the feel and having only 2 specs felt like I was getting ripped off. Priest- I really don't like healing, the mix of pressure, not hitting things and the cloth armor tear it all apart for me. Shadow looks cool, but I don't want to limit myself to one spec Mage- It feels great, but I REALLY don't like cloth. I love the feel of getting awesome gear, or a cool weapon and I feel like mage misses out on this rush Shaman- Eh, I don't like the alliance races very much and it just doesn't vibe with me well. They do have awesome looking transmogs and weapons though, mail ftw! Death Knight- Unholy is fun for me, I like the whole necro feel but the eyes and the general feel throw me off a bit. Also the lack of mobility bugs me quite a lot. Monk- I tried a class trial, I have no experience with this class to be honest. It looks fun, fluid and I'm probably missing out, I'm just not much of a martial arts person. Paladin- They have a flail now... I tanked as prot back at the start of WoD really felt good, but then Legion reworked them quite a bit. I really don't like ret and holy just isn't my thing. Warlock- New demonology looks really interesting in BFA, and I was super stoked to see soulfire return to destruction, despite this being a cloth wearer it was a hard contender to remove from my list. _____ Hunter- I really love how the bows look, so many transmog options, it looks really good. Funnily enough I've never played this class past level 70 and that was back in Cataclysm. Because I main rogue I think some ranged variation would give me some flavor, on top of that I've played rangers in quite a few other games and I've found it enjoyable. My biggest concern is everyone says how terrible they feel and how watered down they are, the class trial didn't feel that bad to me and the biggest concern I have with this class is that I may burn out due to lack of variation. If this is my alt I'll have a rogue with 3 melee dps specs and a hunter with 2 ranged dps specs and 1 melee dps spec. Warrior- The biggest thing that attracts me to warrior is the weapons, I love "The Black Hand" weapon from Blackrock which is reference to Diablo 3's "The Furnace". I think that the uniqueness that comes from the weapons really makes Warrior stand out to me, + they have a flail now! I've played this class at max in cata and I did enjoy it, but it always felt like something was missing. It felt very bland after I'd play on it for a patch or two and I'd end up alting something drastically different like a rogue, or a warlock. I do think that the BFA mechanic of stacking your mortal strike damage is awesome and I think that brings some unique flavor to warrior, I also love that if I want to I have the ability to tank! My biggest two concerns for warrior are it's lack of utility and the fact that paired with my rogue I'd be locked in to two Melee only classes. Druid- So I played a druid at my friends multiple times back in Cata, It didn't really do anything for me. I can't remember why I didn't specifically enjoy it but I think when I looked at my rogue and then this druid I felt the difference was laughable (it was an under-geared feral) I didn't get to try it's other specs but I remember after playing it briefly I had no intentions to do so again... Until recently. So, I saw that guardian and feral specs were separated which I love. On top of that they get awesome appearances from their artifact weapon that sort of compensates the fact that they don't get those awesome warrior weapons. (owlkitty) On top of that leather isn't anywhere near my favorite type of armor but it's workable and I love the fact that I can be a ranged dps. a melee dps with combo points and try out tanking; I even find it nice that there's a healing spec just in case I want to try something new. Overall the uniqueness of the different specializations and the ability to make a complete play-style change without logging out makes this feel like a smarter pick as an alternate character. My biggest concern with Druid is that feral may just make me want to play my rogue and also leather would be the only armor I stare at when I play.Itslippy1 3d
3d MAKE SURVIVAL A TANK SPEC think it could be fun and interesting ._.Soktan37 3d
3d Thought on a new BM ability Do you think there could be an ability where if the hunter dies they can Become one with their pet for say 20-30 secs. I think it could work if done right, but would it be OP?Sarric5 3d
3d Hunter: Survival, suggestions for BfA remake I would remake survival to include the following, and make these instant cast: 1) Serpent Sting (causes Nature damage over 15 sec.) 2) Explosive Shot (You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec and applying the Hunter's Mark effect.) 3) Lock and Load (You have a 100% chance when you trap a target with Freezing Trap or Ice Trap, and a 20% chance when your Black Arrow deals damage to cause your next two Explosive Shots to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown. Effect lasts for 12 sec and cannot occur more often than once every 10 sec.) 4) Kill Shot (You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing 420% weapon damage. Kill Shot can only be used on enemies that have 20% or less health. If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec.) 5) Black Arrow (Deals damage over 20 sec.) Next I would make Survival Spec for hunters into a ranged class again, one that is able to have high mobility, with stun and snare evasion, and does primary damage as poisons, magic and bleeds (DoTs). I got the ideas from MoP hunter, back when survival was actually fun and worth playing... :) TL;DR Please bring back KITING for hunters... this was the single most enjoyable part of playing a hunter!!! I don't need big numbers, I want to kite an elite or pvp player into the ground the old fashioned way, with patience and trickery!!!! If you agree with this idea, then please comment in the class development discussion here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762217350Bishopx9 3d
4d What playing survival feels like: https://youtu.be/IvUU8joBb1Q?t=10sEissey4 4d
5d Dark Rangers/Shadow Hunters Man what I wouldn't do for a pure ranger class that revolved around stealth. I mean literally that is my dream for this game. A pure Bow/Gun class that can use stealth as effectively as rogues. Like stealth is a core part of every rogue build, it would be amazing to have an archer class that did as well. I can dream right? How do you all feel about it?Jobay9 5d
5d Survival talents slipping through the cracks. Hey, Hunters. It seems Survival as a spec is highly in flux for BFA, and while mechanics are indeed going to change, I just wanted to point out a few things I'm actually more concerned about losing. 1. Trapper's Net. Survival is becoming more of a hybrid, but to be stuck with wing clip, one of the worst ways to snare in the game, it hurts to lose this. It's especially good for comboing with traps, and while alone, the immob baseline may be too strong, I feel lowering the cost to 20 and allowing double nets to root (similar to monk Disable) would be nice to retain. I adore trapper's net, and fits the theme of the class. Wingclip is... ugh boring and not great. 2. Caltrops. I actually enjoyed this for both PVE and PVP. For one, it doesn't require a trigger, so it covers more area more quickly, and was enjoyable to scatter spikes all over the ground. In PVP, the stronger snare will be sorely missed, too. 3. Expert Trapper. As a concept, I will miss this. Losing Waylay feels good because it was clunky at best, but losing all trap-related bonuses feels like they're backing off on the survival hunter's fantasy in leu of a more melee beast-master/bomber concept. (This also ties into the above.) What are your thoughts? Am I alone in missing some of the more trap-related talents (**choices**). In fact, outside of Steel trap (which is ironically the worst trap-related talents) there are no other trap-related talents in BFA at this point for Survival... I feel like this blow to the core concept is worse than the inevitable change to combat mechanics.Boshu7 5d
5d Change Kill Command for BfA. It looks terrible, why am I leaning back and yelling at the sky? Why does my weapon have to clip through my head. It would look better if I just stopped shooting, raised my arm and pointed in a 'sic em' gesture. Maybe a pair of teeth then a blood splash. I would like a change to Kill Command for BfA.Ogdenir10 5d