Hunter

Oct 16 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder277 Oct 16
May 8 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide49 May 8
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Sep 9 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk300 Sep 9
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
12m Hunters: How Do You Move? I've spent 8.5 years playing melee and mostly tanking. Now I'm doing the MM MT, and I have to learn how to kite. What I'm finding is that my tanking-friendly movement keybinds are totally wrong for kiting. I'm used to fairly static combat (compared to kiting), I never turn my back to the boss, and when I do move, it's just to dodge some mechanic or to re-position stuff. I don't ever have to run my rotation while full-on moving all over the place. So for example: In combat, I generally move forward with W. I've never used auto-run in my life. Where should I bind it? I strafe left with the A-key, which makes my Z, Q, and 1 basically unusable while I'm strafing. This is fine for strafing around a boss during mechanics. It's terrible for running a rotation at the same time--especially since on all my other toons Q is my spam ability. I don't have turn left/turn right bound to anything. I literally never use them. What I want to do is master the run-jump-turn-instant-turn-land-run (because backpedaling is getting me killed), but I'm not sure how best to go about it. Should I be auto-running and then looking back at the bad? If I'm looking back at the bad, how do I use the mouse to turn? Should I bind a turn button? Teach me, kite masters. How do you move?Byrhtnoth5 12m
14m Best way to burst as MM hunter in PvP? Hey guys, I recently started playing my Hunter again and, while I do nice damage in PvP with a Piercing Shot build, I know it's pretty damn nerfed in PvP and most likely is not optimal. Most people use Hunter as an AoE spec in PvP it seems and I was thinking about trying out trick shot (I hate sidewinders). My question is, in order to burst, do you just hit trueshot -> multi-shot -> marked shot and then spam aimed shots for AoE burst (trick shot)? Also, what about single target? I know this will be irrelevant with pre-patch coming, just figured I would ask for the time being.Numoneboy1 14m
43m Ferocity Leech vs Spirit Mend For anyone that hasn’t tried the beta or the PTR, I put together 2 videos to show you how strong the updated Spirit Mend is and how strong the leech is. Healing using leech (15% leech w/ the AotB talent) https://youtu.be/Tm1wmJNpib4 Healing using Spirit Mend https://youtu.be/tEgij4nWIJw It’s important to note in the leech video that I kept attacking for 30 sec to somewhat compare how much healing you can get every 30 sec with leech vs spirit mend In my opinion the leech healing hardly competes with spirit mend’s healing. You can use spirit mend to heal yourself, your ally, or your pet so you have a lot more versatility with it. The leech can be very powerful healing for your pet though, especially on clefthooves, so it’s not useless if you are soloing and need your pet to tank for you. Otherwise though, I would use a spirit beast for most content unless you really need Master’s Call. Lastly, I’m fine with spirit mend being this powerful. Spirit Beasts are one of the most notable and unique aspects of Beast Mastery, so it’s really nice to have them be pretty useful again.Yaldrik12 43m
45m Just found LOQUE Just found LOQUE, its my first pet i deliberately went looking for, spent about 10 hours total. any other pets you guys think are must haves? im new to the hunter class and looking to make it my main for this expansion.Bchplz8 45m
55m Rate That Xmog Last thread reached 500 posts, starting a new one!Drahreg257 55m
1h Just delete Surv already I'm sick of watching the survival community get dumpstered on by constant, unnecessary reimagings. MoP/WoD SV has no reason to be removed to begin with, then you scrap your melee version after 1 expansion instead of building on its successes and fixing the major flaws with it? I fail to understand the logic blizzard is going with here, and it's honestly insulting at this point to !@#$ on your playerbase simply for the glory you get from fellow designers for "reinventing the wheel" every two years. Show your players respect some of us have build and cared about our character for years and for that image to be wrecked constantly is frustrating. Either give us back an enjoyable version or survival or just delete the spec, cause u can tell you right now BFA is going to have just as low, or worse for a playerbase.Pricefield115 1h
1h Beast Mastery Mage Tower Issue Just a heads up I was attempting the mage today, there seems to be a glitch in which you simply cant reset your aggro for the boss. Like I noted that I was generating more aggro than my pet at which point I would misdirect and so forth but my aggro would not reset at all. If the boss aggros to you then the stupid pet death mechanic will kick in even if your pet doesnt die and will not reaggro to your pet at all and will kill you. The only save I've found to this that wont waste your food or rune is to feign death and it will end the fight but won't boot you from the scenario. If you have roots you might be able to cheese it as long as you keep his fel interrupted becuase he doesnt hit hard but if your like me and dont have roots, your screwed. Anyone else experiencing this becuase this is the only thing keeping me from beating it is this stupid fight glitch. I'm unable to sit through being slapped around for me to down tugar, and even then I doubt I would be able to down the worm thanks to my health being low.Apollohunt5 1h
2h BM hunter pet Hi y'all, I'm going to be randomly putting up a group under Dungeons&Raids - Premade - Custom for Alliance NA people to come to Scholazar Basin at Bittertide Lake to get the spirit hydra Atha. (I've read that non-NA people can add me in game to then group, but haven't tested that out yet.) Perhaps someone Horde will do the same? I'm quitting WoW by BfA's launch, so want to help people get it before my time is up. Those who need the Wayfarer's Bonfire and Personal Spotlight toys, look for my group for that separately. My btag is Talacocheta#1544 if you need to add me to catch me another time. If I'm not doing anything pressing, I can go there to summon him for you. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!Talacocheta2 2h
2h Survival Hunter = Tank spec I have been talking a lot about it with my guildies, and currently we have Plate Tanks, and Leather Tanks. Why not have mail tanks? A hunter would be a perfect spot for it. There is so much you could do with it. i.e. You and your hunter split all damage between each other, making it important for keeping yourself and your pet healed at all time. The Survival kit already has abilities, just work them towards tanking aspect. Some might say this would never work, however Rexxar in Heroes of the Storm is considered a "Warrior" which is more or less a tanking spec. All I am saying is I really hope they consider this idea, obviously I didn't go into full details but once you start thinking about it, it is very easy to get excited about turning a hunter spec that is hardly used at all, into something that almost everyone will want to try! Thanks for reading!Spoonxhunter84 2h
3h Changes to Pet Spec Passives Not sure if anyone missed the memo but in a recent build Blizz has made it so that all pet specialization passives will be avaible to all specs. Ill List the changes from wowhead for Battle for Azeroth build 26903: Endurance Training You and your pet gain 5% increased maximum health. Specializations changed from Tenacity/Tenacity to Tenacity/Ferocity/Cunning/Tenacity Pathfinding You and your pet gain 8% increased movement speed. Specializations changed from Cunning/Cunning to Cunning/Ferocity/Cunning/Tenacity Predator's Thirst You and your pet gain 10% Leech. Specializations changed from Ferocity/Ferocity to Ferocity/Ferocity/Cunning/Tenacity This means that effectively the only difference between pets specs will be Primal Rage (Beserk) for ferocity, Survival of the fittest (Damage reduce cd) for Tenacity, and Master's Call (roots removal cd) for cunning.Stripendella11 3h
6h MM Mage Tower Tips I’m a terrible MM hunter. Just awful. Unfortunately, I want the skins, soooo..... I know I need to practice, but the hardest part for me is I’m always moving around as BM and the whole stop and shoot and then run keeps messing me up. I’ve read some guides and I’ll continue to do so. I’m just looking for any MM tips to help me survive this nightmare. Lol. I took a break and got some decent gear and I’m ready to try again. I’ll beat my head against the wall until I get it done. Yes, I need to “get gud “. And yes, I overgear it now and should be ashamed of myself. I am. I’m an awful MM Hunter. So any tidbits or pointers would be appreciated. ;)Faedrela18 6h
6h Please help a NEW BM Hunter hey guys, i'm fairly new to WoW, like 1 week-new to WoW. i have a very long history of playing MMORPGs from Maple Story - Ragnarok - etc etc - BDO - and now WoW. I have been wanting to play WoW for a couple of months now and a few Days before purchasing the game, i have finally made a decision of letting go BDO, i know some of you guys probably heard of it or even played it before and i'm pretty sure you have heard of its enhancing feature. *shrugs* Long story making it short, i finally moved to WoW. a little bit about myself. I'm a dude, i picked a female character since i really like dressing up female characters more, i feel like they need more attention to detail compared to customizing male characters. I have joined the Horde Faction as well, not because i don't like the Alliance Faction, i just think that Female Blood Elves are hawt... I like to play PVE especially if i see progress on my character every time i invest time into them, i honestly grinded 4 days straight in black desert just to reach a certain level and a decent amount of money to upgrade my stuff, like i said, i don't mind working hard as long as i see progress. needless to say, my 27b went down the drain coz of enhancing. Its really painful especially when you try to upgrade accessories coz once it fails, its gone forever, it doesn't downgrade, its gone, forever. So yea. i don't mind grinding 40 hours for a raid as long as i see progress for my character/s. As of now i have started to play as a BM Hunter, i have seen a couple of videos of really cool things that they can offer especially taming Exotic pets. one pet really caught my eye tho, and that's Loque-nahak. I have been trying to get her for a week now. I honestly have not done anything else other than camp her in Sholazar Basin. IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME GET HER! I PROMISE I WILL REPAY YOU! Also, if there's a discord group for Hunters. please leave the link below. I am also looking for someone who can teach me how to play properly, i guess its a bad timing since the new expansion is coming out, but mehhh. I might as well learn something than nothing. right? Come say hi in Sholazar Basin - Blackhand. :)Evilricebowl12 6h
6h pets health bar so i love how you can see your healthy and focus right below your character in game but can you add your pets health bar there too?Róssi3 6h
10h Loque'nahak Wanted i've been searching and hunting for this cat for almost five years now and i can't ever seem to find him! if anyone can give me tips or possibly help me catch him, that'd be wonderful.Lunchmeát8 10h
20h HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW! Just kidding, if you believe I actually want less stable slots, I have a bridge I can sell you. I got tired of waiting so sorry Cabbie. Also this is post 13,500. I should take a forum break.Natesanders4 20h
22h bfa hunter change list (updated 6/22/18) edit: It has been confirmed that Battle for Azeroth will release on AUGUST 14TH. edit: i have gotten into the beta as of 4/24. i will try to test out everything i can in my free time. i will probably try to update this post immediately with mmochamp patch notes and then try to verify stuff using beta. edit: should mention i have this book marked and will update throughout alpha. if i get alpha/beta access, i will probably copy/paste this thread to the class design forums. this was written over several days and these are partly first impressions with some after thought put to them. just an fyi, if you think my opinions are stupid, opinions are subjective and you are an idiot for thinking as such. thank you for possibly reading my post. i have it mostly separated into categories that are easy to follow. i didn't really touch bm base abilities because it is mostly the same. it will go bm talents, marksman abilities, marksman talents, survival disclaimer, survival abilities, and survival talents with a brief overall impression at the end of each section. list of opinions on hunter talents and changes. bm cobra shot: deals damage and reduces kill commands cd by 1 second. barbed shot: you shoot the target and it bleeds for 8 seconds. pet get goes into a frenzy (for some reason) and gains 30% attack speed. stacks 3 times. a little weird to me that me shooting someone sends my pet into a frenzy for one attack and not the other (cobra shot). just sayin. i hope the damage will be adjusted for getting rid of most of the synergy with bm mastery. edit: changed from dire frenzy to barbed shot as of 4/19/18. so ends the short reign on dire frenzy. edit: the pet doesn't do any of the damage anymore as of 4/13/18. wild call: same as live. would like to see wild call broadened a bit in what can proc it. tier 1 Killer instinct: Kill Command deals 50% increased damage against enemies below 35% health. Beast Mastery Hunter - Level 15 Talent. so an execute built in to our main spender. definitely boosts the use of killer cobra. doesn't really change the play style at all. unless the hati talent is really good, this will be the go to talent. dire beast just doesn't have enough synergy to even compete with these two talents. edit: this was changed from big game hunter to this as of 4/13/18. animal companion: call pet summons the first pet in your stable. it will use kill command but nothing else. so hati 2.0. it isn't the worst idea but i'd honestly like something more then this. people already have a love hate relationship with hati. if you added like a blink strikes teleport thing to it to help with pathing, i think a lot less people would hate this. edit: added ac text and opinion as of 2/27/18 dire beast: summons a powerful beast to attack and increases your haste by 10% for 8 seconds. costs 25 focus. i'm very happy this is still a choice. this might be the extra button people have been wanting. it competes with kill command and cobra shot so the damage will have to be worth it to take over the hati talent. edit: now gives bonus haste on cast as of 6/8/18. tier 2 Scent of Blood: barbed shot generates 8 additional focus. its fine. its a very basic thing and not much can be said beyond its good. edit: changed from 12 focus to 8 focus as of 3/22/18. one with the pack: wild call has a 20% increased chance to reset dire frenzy. fun talent. please keep. if you are going to nerf this talent, please increase the ways to proc wild call. edit: changed from 30% to 20% increase as of 3/22/18. chimaera shot: deals damage to up to 2 targets. generates 10 focus per target hit. please get rid of this. it is over shadowed heavily by dire stable. the amount of focus and potential dps stable gives far surpasses this unless you make it absurdly op. edit: nerfed damage and focus generation as of feb 22nd. useless talent made more useless. tier 3 trailblazer: increased movement when you don't attack for 3 sec. this is fine. just lackluster. maybe change it to when you don't attack or get attacked for 3 seconds. that way it has more in fight uses. maybe make it 15% for each. so if you don't attack for 3 seconds, you get 15% speed and if you don't get attacked for 3 seconds, you get another 15% speed. natural mending: every 30 focus spent reduces exhilarations remaining cd by 1 second. this is an interesting idea and helps give a bit more survivability to hunters even though we are already pretty tough. edit: this was changed from posthaste to natural mending as of 3/15/18 camoflage: stealth for 1 minute, heal for 2% every sec while active. its a fun ability. won't see use for pve. reccomend making baseline. edit: changed from farstrider to camoflage as of 3/15/18 tier 4 venomous bite: cobra shot reduces bestial wrath cd by 1 sec. a bit boring in my opinion. i can definitly see this being a fun talent for others. thrill of the hunt: barbed shot grants 3% crit for 8 sec, stacking to 3. probably fun in the early game. late game when we get crits galore, will probably become a boring passive we keep up without thinking. a murder of crows: damage over time that resets if the target dies will the dot is active. fun dot. flock of birds peck at people. tier 5 binding shot: aoe that roots if a chain is broken for 5 seconds. this is a major downgrade from the stun version. i understand changing it from a stun but an easier root condition or longer root duration would be nice. roots not breaking from damage will never justify taking this over posthaste. posthaste is amazing because of the cc break, not the speed. posthaste: breaks movement impairments and increases movement when you disengage. please just bake this into the class. it doesn't matter how much you reduce the movement speed. the root break is so desired that we will take it forever. there is no choice. edit: changed to posthaste from wyvern sting as of 3/15/18. born to be wild: reduces the cd of cheetah and turtle by 20% it will only be taken if turtle is needed more. cheetah sucks. edit: changed from intimidation to born to be wild as of 3/15/18. intimidation is now baseline. tier 6 stomp: dire frenzy causes your pet to stomp for aoe damage. nice alternate aoe talent. barrage: same since mop, the group aggro generator. never use outside raid boss fights. read my sarcastic tooltip, please! stampede: summons a herd that charges for 12 seconds. this will need insane burst damage to compete with stomp. definitly needs a pass. i reccomend using the mop design where it summons 5 guardians and allow them to benefit from beast cleave. tier 7 killer cobra: kill command cd resets when cobra shot is cast during bestial wrath. its fine. not much to expand on. aspect of the beast: Increases the damage of your pet's abilities by 30%. Increases the effectiveness of your pet's Predator's Thirst, Endurance Training, and Pathfinding passives by 50% i'm actually a bit concerned about this talent. the damage part definitely falls behind what the other two can do but the 50% boost to leech, movement speed or max hp is REALLY tempting. this MAY become a mandatory talent. edit: this talent was changed from what we have on live to what it has been updated to as of the build released on 4/13/18. spitting cobra: summons a cobra that attacks for 20 seconds. generates 2 focus every sec. fun cooldown. kind of sad this shares a row with killer cobra. overall bm opinion: pretty simple. this is fine as long as the other 2 specs aren't stupid clunky like they were in legion. marksman steady shot: focus generator, usable while moving. call me old school but i'm glad this is back. edit: cast time reduced from 2 to 1.8 seconds as of 6/12/18. arcane shot: 15 focus, deal damage. formerly quick shot. (previous was "aka arcane shot") edit: changed from quick shot to arcane shot. aimed shot: 30 focus, 2 charges, heavy damage on a long cast. deals more damage to an enemy you haven't hit yet. either needs decent up time on the buff that gets rid of the cast or needs to be castable while moving. edit: cast time reduced to 2.5 from 3 seconds as of 6/12/18. rapid fire: 3 sec channel, 20 sec cd, hits every 0.3 seconds (probably scales with haste) for 3 seconds. generates focus. animation needs some work. rapid firing arrows is cool but lining up the attack animations would make it cooler. trueshot: flat damage buff, 3 min cd. please change this. flat damage buffs are immensely boring. please go back to the haste cd. grants 1 stack of aimed shot. edit: apparently this gave stacks of aimed shot upon use and i didn't catch that. it was changed from granting 2 (both) stacks of aimed shot to 1 as of 4/13/18. trick shots: When Multi-Shot hits 3 or more targets, your next Aimed Shot will ricochet and hit up to 5 additional targets, at 50% of normal damage, or each shot of your next Rapid Fire will ricochet to 2 additional nearby targets. interesting aoe idea. edit: i forgot to update this sooner but rapid fire will cleave as well and it now cleaves to 2 targets instead of 1. talents tier 1 master marksman: aimed shot has a 100% chance to reduce the focus cost of the next arcane shot or multi-shot by 100%. i don't see how a flat 30% proc can compare to a very cheap poison or a dot that can reset. this is much worse then the old version. you'd have to be procing a lot to just compete with that cheap poison. edit: changed from 30% to 100% as of 6/12/18. edit: careful aim was changed to master marksman as of 3/6/18 serpent sting: deals instant poison damage followed by a stronger poison dot. 10 focus. it's ranged rend. its rather boring to be a talent. this should more then likely be baseline in this form if blizz really wants it. murder of crows at least has a reset to improve how you manage it. this is fire and forget. edit: serrated shots was changed to serrated shot as of 3/22/18. edit: changed from serrated shot to serpent sting as of 4/19/18. other wise it is exactly the same. a murder of crows: damage over time. resets if target dies while active. not really a marksman talent. making some kind deep wound bleed from aimed shot would be better. tier 2 careful aim: aimed shot has a 50% chance to do 200% more damage to targets with more then 80% hp or less then 20% hp. interesting idea to make aimed shot like the old kill shot. depends on proc chance for usage. edit: added the percent chance to trigger. chance upped from 30% to 50%. edit: bombardment was changed to careful aim as of 3/6/18. volley: Your auto-shots have a 10% chance to cause a volley of arrows to rain down around the target, dealing Physical damage to each enemy within 8 yards. slightly different from live. i like live version. percent chance on auto attack to trigger instead of always. edit: changed from when you cast multi-shot to when you auto attack. explosive shot: fires a shot forward. press again for damage at that spot. gives back some focus and reduced cd if you don't trigger it. this abomination of explosive shot should be dead and gone. it isn't fun when you have a rotation you have to pay attention too. that fact you can lose damage if you forget to press the button again makes it even worse. please scrap this. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above description. decent pick but you won't have that speed very often. swiftwind: aimed shot reduces cheetahs cd by 10 sec. omg yes. cheetah won't be a worthless speed boost out done by racials. camoflage: stealth for 1 minute, heal for 2% every sec while active. its a fun ability. won't see use for pve. reccomend making baseline. tier 4 streamline: rapid fire lasts 30% longer burst focus generator. niche pick so its neat. edit: changed from 1 second to 30% longer. steady focus: steady shot reduces its cast time by 20%, stacking to 2. any other shot gets rid of buff. if it wasn't for the last part this would be a good general pick. probably won't see use since by the time you get to 3 stacks you are near focus cap. edit: changed from flat cast reduction to percentage as of 6/8/18. hunter's mark: increases damage done to target. generates 20 focus on target death. only 1 mark at a time. target can ALWAYS be tracked and seen by the hunter. basicly, if a rogue goes stealth with a mark on them, they might as well not be in stealth. this will definitly see use at some point. if it is off the gcd, it will probably be mandatory for heavy add fights and get macrod to abilities if its off the gcd. tier 5 born to be wild: reduced cd for cheetah and turtle same as above. cheetah still sucks. edit: changed from natural mending to born to be wild as of 3/15/18. posthaste: same as above. opinion is the same. binding shot: same as above. opinion is the same. tier 6 lethal shots: steady shot has a 25% chance to make your next aimed shot or rapid fire crit. fine talent. seems like they want to make this all about crit. i have a feeling marksman will either be undertuned or need a nerf once we get late into bfa. edit: proc chance increased from 10 to 25%. double tap: your next aimed shot will fire a second time without costing focus, or your next rapid fire will shoot 100% more shots during its channel. 60 second cd. probably should give clarification on whether the second cast of aimed shot uses a charge or not since the default description doesn't mention not using a charge. its a very interesting cd that gives burst damage or burst resource generation. if it uses both charges of aimed shot, it will probably only be used for focus generation. edit: lock and load was replaced with double tap as of 3/6/18. barrage: same as above. same sarcastic opinion. tier 7 calling the shots: casting arcane shot or multishot reduces trueshots cd. its fine. not overly fond of it because of trueshot. edit: multishot was added to the proc as of 6/8/18. lock and load: your ranged auto attacks (cause marksman melees apparently) can make your next 2 aimed shot be instant and free. could use a part where it gives at least one charge on aimed shot. the proc could be gone before you can use 2 aimed shots. piercing shot: deals heavy damage to main target and less damage to enemies between you and the target. fun theme appropriate idea. marksman overall opinion: certainly seems like it is taking a turn for the better. marksman in legion was really poorly tested and left in a bad spot. i am hopeful for this iteration. i do believe what we know so far is incomplete so i expect some more fleshing out to come. survival i humbly request you change it from requiring a two handed weapon to being interchangeable with duel wield. restricting to a two hander certainly kills enjoyment for some people. i would like survival a lot more if i could dual wield. you should only restrict weapons for a good reason and one melee ability really isn't one in my opinion. i have no idea how this will play. this part is completely opinion with no testing available since i don't have alpha access. Carve: 30 Focus cost. 6 second cooldown (reduced by Haste). A sweeping attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for Physical damage. Reduces the remaining cooldown on Wildfire Bomb by 1.0 sec for each target hit, up to 5. kill command: does damage and generate focus. chance to reset cd. this solves the lack of focus regen for survival. thats all. wildfire bomb: throw at target. target and enemies in a cone behind get a dot. seems interesting. could benefit from a second charge since carve is gone. edit: how it works has changed a bit from being a single debuff doing aoe damage to a cone affect on target and targets hit get a dot. harpoon: same as legion. edit: harpoon has been changed to a charge system as of feb 22nd. suggesting there may be a way to get more then one charge of harpoon. great for focus regen with a talent. i'm only bringing this one up because it would be nice to be able to cast it at the ground like the rogue chain pull. coordinated assualt: increase damage you and pet deal. kill command has a 30% increased chance to reset its cd. the flat damage buff is still boring but the reset chance is interesting. kill command can't do anywhere near the damage raptor strike does. if it does, then spamming kill command will become the rotation during that cd. aspect of the eagle: increased crit chance (i think, it might be damage) and increased range on raptor strike. its a lot more interesting then the other cd. i request a glyph to change the spirit owl animation on raptor strike to a giant raptor head. think the spirit beast, gon, but just the head. that'd be awesome. talents tier 1 viper's venom: raptor strike has a 20% chance to make your next serpent sting cost no focus and deal 300% more initial damage. approx 4 procs per minute. this should probably proc off kill command. i don't see this getting taken over the other talents unless the damage boost is immense. add on that serpent sting only costs 20 focus doesn't make it very appealing. i think this talent should be flipped around. rather then raptor strike proccing for serpent sting, serpent stings dot should proc for raptor strike. edit: added viper's venom to the post as of 2/27/18. proc chance went from 15% to 20% as of 3/15/18. initial damage was upped to 300% from 200% and added rppm counter as of 3/22/18. alpha predator: kill command has 2 charges and deals more damage. this will probably be the go to talent. it will help smooth out focus generation immensely. edit: changed from flanking strike to alpha predator. edit: generates 5 less focus and does less damage. the focus part is getting reduced to probably lower the power it has compared to the other talent. terms of enegagement: harpoon now deals damage and generates 40 focus over 10 sec. kills reset harpoon cd. the reset on enemy kills already makes this really good for mobility. the focus is a bonus. the added damage just helps it compete with the other 2 talents since this lacked damage. edit: damage was added as of 3/22/18. tier 2 guerilla tactics: wildfire bomb has 2 charges and deals 100% more inital damage. should be baseline and this reworked since there is a lack of consistent aoe dps. i still hold my original opinion. the damage part could stay a talent but the 2nd charge should be baseline. edit: added the damage as of 3/15/18. hydra's bite: serpent sting hits 2 more targets and does more damage. note: in a future build, will prefer to hit targets not affected by serpent sting. good for multi dotting and cleave fights. fun idea. butchery: same as now. replaces carve. also reduces the cooldown of wildfire bomb by 1 second for each target, up to 5. i love butchery. i would ask if you don't give wildfire bomb 2 charges, make this baseline. edit: recharge reduced from 15 seconds to 9 seconds and replaces carve as of 6/12/18. now also reduces the cd on wildfire bomb as of 6/22/18. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above. same opinion as first mention. natural mending: same as mentioned. same opinion. edit: changed from posthaste to natural mending as of 3/15/18. camoflauge: same as above. this talent will never see pve use. you can't attack during it and taking damage breaks it making the healing worthless. its better as a pvp talent. tier 4 bloodseeker: kill command applies a dot. 10% bonus attack speed per dot active. a great talent that gives good baseline boost and can be maximized with work. steel trap: roots for 20 seconds and applies a dot. damage not from this spell can break the root. not sure if this will see use. bloodseeker has a more immediate impact. this will definitely be more of a pvp talent then pve. might see use on bosses in pve if the bleed is strong enough to out weight an attack speed boost and a extra bleed. edit: the root and dot only last 20 seconds as of 6/8/18. edit: i was told it no longer replaces freezing trap but i could not find confirmation on this. this edit is mostly a warning that this may be the case and the spell will be updated if it comes to reflect this change on alpha. a murder of crows: same as above. doesn't really fit survival. it isn't a bad spell but it is more of a beast mastery spell. tier 5 born to be wild: reduced cd for cheetah and exhilaration. needs to be more then 20% for cheetah. cheetah is a 3 minute cd that is out done by the worgen racial. that to me is messed up. this talent would be fine if cheetah was a 2 min cd. posthaste: same as mentioned. same opinion. edit: changed from intimidation to posthaste as of 3/15/18. intimidation is now baseline. binding shot: same as above. same opinion as above. tier 6 tip of the spear: kill command increases damage for raptor strike. stacks 3 times. a buff to manage which is nice. mongoose bite: replaces raptor strike. deals damage. more you use mb, the more damage it deals for 14 seconds. i might like this talent since it doesn't have clunky "synergy" with a 45 second cd now. i still think its bad. flanking strike: you and your pet leap to a target and attack together. you AND your pet gain 30 focus. 40 sec cd. this will probably be the go to as long as it isn't massively outshined by the other talents. burst damage and more focus gen is really good. edit: changed from coming soon to flanking strike as of 3/15/18. tier 7 birds of prey: raptor striking extends coordinated assaults duration by 1 sec. of course this is good. i would just prefer to change the flat damage buff. wildfire infusion: Lace your Wildfire Bomb with extra reagents, giving it one of the following properties randomly: Shrapnel Bomb: Shrapnel pierces the targets, causing Mongoose Bite/Raptor Strike and Butchery to apply a bleed for 9 sec that stacks up to 3 times. Pheromone Bomb: Kill Command has a 100% chance to reset against targets coated with Pheromones. Volatile Bomb: Reacts violently with poison, causing an extra explosion against enemies suffering from your Serpent Sting and refreshes your Serpent Stings. this will be an extremely fun talent IF we get to choose the type of bomb. getting the choice adds complexity to wildfire bomb because there are many combos that can be done. shrapnel bomb would pair great with alpha predator and bloodseeker. pheromone bomb has combo potential with alpha predator and timing it with cds and gaining burst focus when needed. volatile bomb has great synergy with hydra's bite. edit: changed from placeholder to wildfire infusion as of 3/22/18. chakrams: throws 2 chakrams for damage and all between. very fun positioning ability. i love that its back. edit: targets takes 100% more damage as of feb 22nd. survival is certainly looking better then it does in legion. i am eager to see what other ideas you have in store. Pets currently, pet specs will be restricted based on what kind of pet it is. such as a wolf being ferocity and turtles being tenacity. my overall opinion is that this is good. with specs being restricted, we will need at least one pet of each spec on us at all times. the other 2 slots are freebies. this will free us from only getting to use a limited number of pets from very few pet families. lets be fair, if you have a lust, you should always run brez just because you might be in range and someone else might not. also, pet damage was normalized so you don't need a ferocity pet for the best dps. ferocity Predators thirst: you and your pet heal for some of the damage you do. I believe its currently 10% to help make ferocity a good choice to the other two specs. having a lust makes ferocity almost mandatory but if you have a lust, this spec is really weak compared to the other two. odds are ferocity will need something else. Primal rage: bloodlust its lust. nuff said. Tenacity Endurance training: you and your pet gain more maximum health. very good for fights where you need to take big hits. Survival of the fittest: 3 min cd. you and your pet take reduced damage for a time. currently at 20%. this is a very weird cd. with how weak it is, you'd think its for mitigating lots of small hits. the cd makes that impractical. definitely going to be used if you need more survivability though. Cunning Pathfinding: you and your pet gain movement speed. currently at 8%. this will be the go to spec just with this. the best way to mitigate damage is to not take it in the first place. Master's Call: your pet removes roots and movement impairments from itself and that target and grants immunity to both effects for 4 seconds. this can save lives in raids. another ability that makes this spec the go to.Axeperson73 22h
22h Back to square one... Save yourself the trouble in BFA and get a sporebat.Alysrah5 22h
1d BM hunter - which is better for aoe? I haven't done the math on this but i'm wondering which is better for aoe, stomp or barrage (level 90 talents)?ßäy9 1d
1d Best Race for Hunter on Alliance Side I am changing to alliance side and unsure which race to choose for the best. I am stuck between Worgen & Human. I dunno if I should go with 2% increase to stats or critical hit increase. Please Help!Jaeltalah13 1d
1d Loque' Nahak After weeks and hours of searching, I finally got to tame this beautiful beast today. Loque' Nahak: Tamed 8:58 realm time on the South-East spot near the Hardknuckle Forages. (Also King Krush in the same spot mid-day). I think re-spawn time takes 6-12 hours. Hope that helps for the next hunterViveiana0 1d
1d Mimiron not in Lodge Image of Mimiron isn't there for me in Trueshot Lodge. I'm wanting to talk with him to start his " A New Invention " quest. I've kept an eye out for him for past few days. I can't say whether he was there before and I've just recently been missing him or not because I didn't learn about this quest til few days ago so I never paid attention to notice him before.Morbashlurog12 1d
1d Survival: Alliance races (3 choices) I know this topic is out there but this is more specific. Come BFA i'll be using a Survival Hunter and have it narrowed down to 3 races. I"ll be playing PvP and PvE, but leaning more toward PvP. The 3 races are... Gnome Dark Iron Dwarf Void Elf Gnome does have a 1% haste buff and "remove root" trait. Void Elf does have a nice increase damage buff but I think its once per minute. They have a "blink" (what ever it is) but doesn't seem that great is it needs to be cast. Dark Iron Dwarf does have a dot wipe with a stat buff on a 2 min cool down. And a 1% melee damage reduction. As a race just looking to squeeze the most out of a class based around racials. thoughts on these 3 races?Cazador8 1d
1d BFA - Which Race to play Hunter? Greetings fellow hunters! I am a longtime WoW player (since vanilla). The last time I played Hunter was in Vanilla/BC, had an char that got the Rhok'delar with. Since then I've played other classes, but to get to the point, I have decided to play hunter going into BFA. Currently my main is a DH, and I'm finding it pretty boring. I keep my interest level high by changing classes and learning a new class each expansion. So I have settled on Hunter for BFA. The cool thing about Hunter is that ALL races can be Hunters! I currently play Horde, but am open to either Horde or Ally. So the question is: Out of all Races, which would be the most fun for you, for BFA? I understand there is no best race anymore, its pretty subjective, so I am curious to hear why other hunters like their race? Current thoughts for Horde: -Goblin - I love the rocket jump but I hate their appearance. -Orc - Really like their racials (only 3 of them?). Extra pet damage, and their racial is a nice dps cooldown. -Tauren/Highmountain - Like their models the best out of Horde. But none of them seem to have great racial bonuses for hunters? Current thoughts for Alliance: -Night Elf - Shadowmeld with wPvP seems very useful. Also their racials seem decent for pve damage. -Worgen - I actually like the lore of being a jekyl/hide transformed beast monster. Would be nice if their models got updated. -Void Elf - I like the elf models. Don't think they have any useful racial synergy with hunter?Baconhusk9 1d
1d Disappointed, no quivers Anyone else? Sadly they are STILL not giving us quivers.. wtf? Looks like I'll be xmogging the artifact again in BFA :(Valigryn6 1d
1d Hunter Stables: Easy Fix w/o a Size Increase. I've seen so many hunters over the years complaining about the size of our pet stable, and plead with the devs to make them bigger, with no response or acknowledgement. I really don't think we need a bigger stable, because that just makes lists longer and things more difficult to find. I believe that the named rares we tame should be moved to the Collections UI, or add a new tab for them on the Stable IU. Like battle pets, heirloom items, and toys, tameable named rares would not fill a pet/stable slot - unless that pet is 'created' like an heirloom item, which it would then go into your bag, and you would drag it onto your 5-slot pet bar (disappearing from your bag). You would not be able to 'pull' the pet unless you had room on your pet bar, and if it was put on the Stable UI, then you could only 'pull' a pet from your list at a stable. You would be able to delete it from your stable or pet bar, and still retain it on the collections list, exactly like Heirloom gear. You may have to rename the pet each time you pull it, unless there is a way to easily work around that (I'm not a programmer). Maybe something like: Named Rare <Your name here underneath> The main idea here is to keep it simple, adapting formats/coding already used in-game, and still clean out that stable. I love BM Hunter, and also experience the same difficulty with stable size and wanting to tame new pets/rares with each expansion, since nearly all of my tamed pets are named rares. My feeling is, if you're going to give us the ability to tame these creatures, then make it worth it for us to do so, without having to agonize over whether to delete that quest-spawned rare you tamed 10 years ago that you can no longer get. Thanks, Quietly FrustratedTenenial7 1d
1d Prowl with ferocity pet So I've ran a number of dungeon on the beta and encountered a lot of bugs with prowl one of the special abilities from your ferocity pet. It causes your pet to remain really slow and never catches up you while in the group. This results in having to un-summon and re-summon the pet. Not the biggest deal in the world but it's still something that needs to be looked into. Es specially if you are wanting to run high keys or just make keys in time, nothing worse than not having your pet working right as BM hunter lol...ßäy7 1d
1d Hunter pet changes I saw someone mention this on the Petopia forums. Here's the link to the Wowhead post from yesterday's beta update - http://www.wowhead.com/news=285092/battle-for-azeroth-26903-class-changes-abilities-talents-azerite You have to scroll down pretty far, and it's under Class Pets. This was all posted yesterday. ... So, all pets are getting leech, movement speed and the extra health, plus dash. I logged into beta and checked my pets. They all now have dash but the above changes aren't showing on the pet ability page. This is a great change if it's going through. Each spec will still keep their other ability like Primal Rage for ferocity, but the smaller little QoL abilities will be shared for all pets. I think this is a nice change for those who felt too pressured to pick a certain pet for general use. You will still have to pick that stag if you want a dispel though, but for those of us who really wanted to use a Hyena but didn't want to lose the leech, this is a nice compromise I think.Shoonasasi3 1d
1d Does survival live up to its name? PTR is not letting me copy characters right now so I can't test for myself Survival in legion felt pretty durable with Exhilaration resets, turtle, Survivalist, and Raptor strike healing you. I was wondering if BfA survival kept this aspect, or if they're going to be another squishy mail wearer.Grizzlpaw3 1d
2d BM Hunter - Potential tweaks/alterations. Hello friends, So before I begin I just want to say I think BM is in a really good place. It's damage is good, the rotation is fine and the overall enjoyment from playing the spec is decently fun and enjoyable. I have a lot of good things to say about the spec but that's not why i'm posting this obviously. So there are a few things that I feel would really make BM hunter that much more pleasing to play. The first is getting Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild off the GCD. When one hits their big ###*@*@@ dps cooldowns they want to feel powerful! However, when you press them it's like a jolt of excitement followed by a abrupt sudden pause, then the next one goes off (providing you are macroing them together) and then another sudden break, scretch hault! It really isn't fun when you are being rocketed to the moon in a space ship only to have the engine give out and start to clunk about. So Blizzard please at least take one of them off the GCD? I don't care about looking at the animation and thinking oh cool it's go time! I want to press the button and feel freaking instant face smashing power! That to me is far for fun than seeing something glow red or whatever it is that it does. The next topic is yes you guess it, the barbed shot. So while I have no problems with this design, and I have run multiple dungeons keeping 3x up around 80% of the time, when !@#$ hits the fan it is too short a window of 8 seconds to maintain a lot of the time. I know that with more haste this will make it easier, as will more crit because of more procs. That is hopeful and good news! However, I wanted to make a suggestion to just increase the length of time the buff lasts from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. I don't feel that this will make or break anything, or make anything overpowered. It will just smooth out the rotation a little more and make it a little less clunky. Trust me when things go bad, to have to deal with rotating in 2 cool downs on the GCD while maintaining up time in a crazy environment usually results in two things. One you keep up the 3x stacks but weave in very little kill commands, or you let it drop back down to 0 and get more kill commands in. So these are just my thoughts, and really I think BM is a great spec and again the damage is really nice. It's just some minor quality of life changes that I feel would be very nice to have Blizzard.ßäy8 2d
2d How is BFA Survival feeling? I hoped on PTR and messed around and it SEEMED fun but I haven't had a chance to play it for an extended period on the beta. Is it playable? fun? broken? not as interesting as a different class?Phonebooth35 2d
2d MM Feedback: Talents/Trueshot So, I’m enjoying the new Marksmen on the ptr but there are a few issues that mainly relate to talents and the rows they are placed in. 1. Master Marksman Tier 15 is odd because you have two abilities that spend focus and one passive that increases your focus. I don’t see myself speccing out of Master Marksman all xpac. It really rounds out the focus regen imo. MofCrows is fine as a spender but I really don’t like Serpent Sting. It does not feel impactful and it’s short duration makes it a real chore to maintain in your rotation. 2. Talents in the wrong Tier It seems Blizzard has been making an attempt to put like talents in competition (aoe vs aoe, mobility vs mobility etc). The MM talents have several talents out of place in that vein. Trailblazer is in the survivability tier and Born to be Wild is in the mobility tier. Barrage is in a ST tier and Careful aim in the aoe tier. And though Hunter’s Mark regens focus, it seems like Master Marksman belongs in the focus tier and HM should go to the spender/dmg tier (with focus regen removed). Swapping these talents seems logical if it is the design goal to make like talents compete. 3. Trueshot Trueshot feels awkward to me. I only have two Aimed Shots and I feel like the Haste from Trueshot does not make me feel stronger because my main damage is limited by cooldown rather than just time and focus. The bonus charge is also odd because I will open Trueshot at minimum 70 focus instead of pulling to 100 for a crazy dps focus dump. I think a simple fix to this is to reduce Trueshot’s duration and cooldown. At maybe 8 seconds? you could fire off your two Aimed shots and rapid fire for a quick burst and let the cooldown be 1.5-2min. The problem is not in the first half of Trueshot but the last half. Because eventually I’m using my CD to cast Steady Shot faster which doesn’t feel good.Broktar1 2d
2d Question about MM and pets for BFA I've really been considering playing a hunter in BFA as each spec seems cool and looks to be improving a bit over the Legion iterations, but I'm wondering specifically about MM and pets. I've seen videos talking about how being petless is best for single target but having a pet for aoe is best (or vice versa). This seems like such a clunky design and I hope it's just a bug or something that's at least not intended. Any word on this?Pwnpriest5 2d
2d Seabound Mystics Not Spawning? Hello all, I am doing the quest "A New Invention" (the one where you can change Hati's appearance.) I have all of the items required for the quest except for the Essence of Pure Spirit which drops off the Seabound Mystics in Highmountain. I have looked at the WowHead pages for the mob itself, the quest, and the item that allows you to change Hati's appearance and I have seen a few comments talking about how the mobs spawn on the hour. I have been camping the mobs for the past 2 hours and 40 minutes and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm pretty sure I am in the correct location (Blind Marshlands) but I just thought I'd make a forum post to make sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Mayaslays84 2d
2d new dog skins There are some nice looks coming out with BfA (although I guess its dependent on whether or not you prefer the old looks). For example, Rokhad the Ravager from classic Kara now looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/ikQM7if Only realised this when I copied my Horde hunter across, who had Rokhad in his stable. I rather like it.Kneeshooter0 2d
2d Survival Artifact quest nowhere to be found It's in the title. I've gone all over the class hall and Highmountain looking for the quest to get the survival artifact so I can check out the appearances and try something different. And for what it's worth, Emmarel is not on a mission. She's hanging out where she should be, but there's no exclamation point. Am I wrong to assume that she is supposed to be the one to give this quest? Is there another NPC? I've been playing MM for the longest time, finished the class campaign ages ago and have my class mount too. So I just assumed the new artifact quest would just be there for me to grab, but it's not there. Any help would be appreciated.Jihyó5 2d
2d Mechanical Pets: What category will they be? Sorry if this has already been answered, but do we know what category mechanical pets will be? Ferocity? Cunning? Tenacity? In Legion they were pretty worthless compared to non-mechanical pets.Cazador2 2d
2d Gryphons are broken on the PTR So since this isn't something that has changed on the PTR or Beta im just gonna assume its gonna make its way to live. All Gryphons (Except grand gryphons) are currently stuck in "T" Pose both in the wild and when tamed. I really wish they'd fix them but its been more than a month now on the Beta and the error made its way into the PTR now. I hope this doesn't make it live because my gryphon is one of my favorite pets.Stripendella0 2d
2d Aspect of the eagle bfa Okay so I do not have beta so I can not post in beta forum. But I do have a small issue with something I have seen in bfa. WHY do I as a survival HUNTER in bfa using FOCUS as my recourse throw a bird at my target when using Aspect of the eagle to allow Raptor strike to be ranged... I just spent 2 years holding a spear....... I have a harpoon abilty. in bfa we even get Chakrams again. All of those things seem fitting to a hunter., but I throw a eagle? because I use the aspect of an eagle. I just want to know how the other 4 survival hunters feel about this?. I really hope we get a glyph that has us throw our weapon or at least a generic spear in place of a magic eagle.Artemoose21 2d
2d 2h maces for survival Just a fun question on if you other survival hunters out there would love to see us melee folks finally be able to use 2h maces as seeing its very unlikely that dual wielding will be a thing for us. Shouldnt be too much to ask for seeing most maces can have agi on them already for druids, and the other main 2h users (warrior, dk, pally) can use all types atm (sword, mace, axe, and polearms. I dont count staves cuz they dont really feel like a melee weapon on WoW, more just kinda there looking flashy) So what do you think? I for one would love running around smackin people with a giant hammer lol.Lamplol17 2d
3d MM hunter in bfa How Is mm hunter in BFA in terms of fun? I would like to read your opinionsMandrix24 3d
3d Best Race to Play as Hunter Class? I want to know the best race for hunters that has best racials, etc. Horde & Alliance sides. My priorities are in this order: - PvE - Looks good (w/ xmogs) - PvP --- P.S. Please also list why it is good and why it's better than others, Thanks. :)Jaeltalah21 3d
3d BfA beta how are MM Hunters? How is the MM Hunter doing in BfA beta better than 7.3.5 Hunter are we still middle of the pack in damage I know it’s beta stages just wandering.Strelok24 3d
3d Pet stable size increase ? Any word on increasing the size of our stable ? As a BM for a long while, I have many pets that are rare, hard to get and frankly not going to let them go. Can I pay for more slots ? Can I organise it with a goblin to borrow the slots from another player that's away for some time ? Perhaps a lease ? Cheaper if I muck out the stables myself ? Disk space is cheap, why not increase the potential to keep whatever takes your fancy Blizz ?Tannik11 3d
3d After 13 years of asking for it, finally. My fellow Hunters, After thirteen years of begging, pleading, demanding, crying, and attempted bribery I am proud to bring to you the answer to our long prayer. I have tamed a druid. https://image.ibb.co/jdwUwJ/Our_Prayers_Answered.png Ferocity with +leach, lust, and Thick Fur (60% reduced damage below 40% health for 15s, 2 min CD) He wasn't happy about it and keeps sending me rage tells. Too bad. Mine.Wyspers26 3d
3d "Call Pet" Can be used while mounted That's right something I didn't even know i needed we now have. You can use Call Pet while mounted and it summons your pet to run right next to you. You can even do this WHILE FLYING!!!!! All my yes for the this pre patchStripendella4 3d