Hunter

Jul 20 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder276 Jul 20
1d Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide20 1d
4d Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela52 4d
Sep 9 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk300 Sep 9
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
2s Worgen Hunter name Doomtrooper or Shadowvex ? (both are available on my server) which do you like better? Voidwolf was taken :(Doomreaver5 2s
1m Your Class Fantasy I would just like to ask the community how you feel blizzard did creating and enforcing the class fantasy of your preferred specialization. If you don't have experience with one of the specs feel free to only comment based on the one(s) you are experienced with. Do you feel they lived up to what the class fantasy has been represented as and do you feel the gameplay of the class is able to keep you involved and further increase the feeling that you are the spec you chose? What did they do good? What did they do alright with? What did they do bad/ leave out? Please list which specialization(s) you are speaking on. Thank You in advance for your responses. :)Curtens16 1m
2m What the Warlock?! I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this situation: 1. I'm fighting a Warlock 2. I Feign Death (with Survival Instincts Talent) to clear dots 3. I am immediately Horrified I've been looking through Warlock talents and artifact abilities trying to find what has this effect, but haven't found anything.Arakneus2 2m
56m Taming Panthara? Has anyone figured out how to tame one of the new Panthara? Right now they just give an emote that they "Shimmer as it fades into its surroundings" I have tried traps and flares and doing damage to them, even dragging them into the water. No luck so far! Hope someone figures it out..they're such pretty beasts.Amyliz65 56m
1h Feltotem's Fall - Aggro Bug? So I just started doing the BM mage tower challenge, looked up all the guides and watched videos. However I am having a problem with Tugar's aggro. Bascially I send my pet in to hit him, wait 5 secons then start attacking. and Tugar instantly comes and attacks me and ignored aggro on my pet. I thought he was only meant to drop aggro if my bet dies, which it isn't. It is really frustrating as I can get him down to 25% health while kiting him, so I assume that if he actually had aggro on my pet it would be a cakewalk. Am I missing something/doing something wrong. Is there a trick I need to do? Or is this just wierd.Drekstar8 1h
2h What are hunters like now? TLDR: Give me a brief synopses of what's changed from Wrath to now. Hey guys, so I've been away from WoW for a bit, and recently came back to the game. I was thinking of leveling a hunter from scratch (or maybe a boost, we'll see) but wanted to know a few things before I get started as it's been quite some time since I've put any time into the class. (early Wrath was the last time I touched a hunter) What do the 3 specs base around now? I know that Survival was turned into a melee spec (I loved my melee hunter in Vanilla. He was actually really fun) But do all specs still have pets? Does Survival still get a pet while meleeing? While on the topic of pets, do they still have specific abilities designed for that "class of pet" or are they all the same and the pet is just a skin? (Eg. Lightning breath for a ranged attack for Windserpents, Snatch for disarms for owls, Howl for damage increase for wolves, Thunderclap for stun for gorillas Ect..) Do pets still have their own specs? I know they had a damage, tank, and all around spec. Is that still a thing, or did they do away with that? Are Beast Master hunters still crippled if their pet is CC'd, or are they less reliant on their pets now? Just a few questions I have about the hunter class before I decide to commit to anything. Ps. What is the most fun spec out of the 3? What do YOU enjoy, and why? What makes this class rewarding and fun to play for you?Naradenath26 2h
4h What race for PvP? Alliance So I am stuck on deciding what to make my hunter PvPwise. I know Humans are the standard for alliance but I honestly think worgens speed up or a dwarfs stone form might be decent. Heck night elf invis isn't half bad. Any help would be great. Thank you :)Wärrîor3 4h
5h Rate the Hunter Name Rate the name above you on a scale of 1-10!Tail347 5h
5h Quality of Life For Survival Ideas I enjoy survival, but we all know you have to do too much at once, to do too little. Here are a couple ideas of how to improve the spec. Mastery: Mastery Increases flanking strike to grant a charge of mongoose bite. In addition as an increasing percent, Using a charge of mongoose bite has a chance to trigger your pet's primary attack ability. Trap Launcher: Make Trap launcher only usable in PvE, and have it allow traps to be shot at the primary target and trigger on impact. Way of the Mok'Nathal: Have Raptor strike, Flanking Strike, and Cleave/butchery apply the buff. And make it baseline Mongoose Bite: Reduce the number of stacks to get the full bonus to 5 and increase the amount of dmg buff per stack to compensate Fury of The Eagle: FotE is no longer a directional channeled ability. The hunter leaps into the air and crashes into the ground spear first, at the hunter's location. The ability consumes all mongoose stacks and now deals all of the DMG that it currently does in one big burst to all enemies within 5 yards. Enemies from 5 to 8 yards away receive 50% of the dmg. Just a couple ideas.Sapowski56 5h
12h Please help me tame Fenryr (advice) My hunter is ilvl 918 and has Mantle of Command and Roots leggings for legendaries. I watched 3 videos of 3 different hunter builds with different strategies all kill Fenryr on 7.25 in 4 month old youtube uploads. It looks like Fenryr now has 72 million health for the last fight compared to 53 million and I am failing this dps check miserably. my leggings are also completely useless with their healing if I try and use the kiting strategy in one video I saw so I can't do that either because she had a legendary that was tailored for that strategy and I dont. Did Fenryr get buffed in 7.3 to a dps check for 930 gear or something? I also can't even use feign death in the fight to revive my pet which is a huge reason why I can't survive after he summons adds for the 2nd time. If they just buffed up his health and damage to push the dps check up 40 item levels I'm going to be so !@#$ing disappointed for the first time in 7.3. I enjoy a challenge I'm not trying to whine but to just throw an extra 4 week grind for me to gear up to ilvl 930 if I'm lucky and I go straight up no-life just tastes so bitter after I grinded so much the last few weeks to get my legendaries and flying and semi-decent gear to finally feel like I was part of the end game content for once. If anyone can shed some light on why I am failing so hard at what I was under the impression was a completely doable challenge albeit a tough one.Tûrôk25 12h
15h Cool Glyphs? Hello All, I was just wondering, are there any cool glyphs for BM hunters or hunters in General? TyTednugent8 15h
18h Is MM fun gameplay/thematically? My mains in Vanilla were Mage and Hunter and I really enjoyed the hunter then. Lately I have been playing all of the classes but kind of not playing the hunter at all. I started uni and I have to pick a main and a main alt since that's all I have time for. My spriest is my main and I'm looking for a fun alt and was thinking of either MM Hunter, Feral druid or frost mage. So, is MM hunter fun? Is it enjoyable thematically? Would you recommend one of the other 2 classes over it? Thanks!Dithus41 18h
18h Dear blizz - BM pets worse than ever. For *years* we have dealt with crappy pet AI as BM. We've all had to deal with pathing, pets getting stuck, etc etc. On Argus - heck even broken shore - it is *worse* than ever. Take a transport to argus to quest? better hope you don't zone in to combat because NO PET. Trying to do a quest on argus? better hope terrain is flat because NO PATH available. Hell I just tried the mage tower for the heck of it, some boss with a worm in lava (sorry don't remember name). Pet gets stuck in lava, can't kill command, etc etc. I know I know, blizz doesn't read forums. Just had to vent a bit because it is seemingly worse now than ever.Lunkal6 18h
18h Argus Crap Gear Not a new Hunter, should really be used to Blue Bliz nonsense, however WHY do we hump all over Argus for currency to buy gear that has VERSATILITY???? I mean, my spec is BM, has Blue Bliz been unable to determine, by now, what the best stat is for a BM Hunter?? IT IS CERTAINLY NOT VERSATILITY.Veinsplinter1 18h
19h SV worth maining? exactly what the title asks. kinda burning out on my monk, and I actually like the way that SV plays, despite it being fast paced and hectic. so is it worth maining? (I don't like the way that MM and BM play, so yeah)Onedrunkmonk30 19h
19h MM hunter honor talents pvp? What are the cookie cutter honor talents for MM hunters for pvpWârlock1 19h
22h BM 4p T21 So after playing around on the PTR today, I noticed that with CoF, leggo bracers/belt, T21 4p, that Aspect of the wild had a 55% uptime almost. Going to play around and drop the belt for the boots to increase kill command spam to see if I can raise the uptime of AoTW. Self buffed on a dummy I was able to pull 1.4m over a 5 min fight. It looks like BM might be heading in the right direction if they dont nerf this.Snipezy4 22h
22h MM hunter changes Delete sidewinders Arcane shot buff Replace side sidewinders with explosive shot on 100 tier explosive shot replaced with chim shot add hunters mark 10% dmg buff to target when applied only applies to one target. remove marked shot and vulnerable. give pet utility back to all pets.Threehunna15 22h
1d Bored Been maining BM since vanilla... bored out of my !@#$ing mind, what alts are you guys having fun on?Mahekun7 1d
1d What do you wish could be tamable? i personally wish i could tame Rock flayers, they are perfect for Beast Masters, i mean, if we can tame the intelligent Silithid, then we could tame Rock Flayers. also regular Snakes, i mean, why have we not been able to tame these simple sneks yet? and finally Aquatic creatures such as Sharks, Battle pets have solved this one.Timmothy29 1d
1d Favorite Pet? Wolfhawks ftwTiridan45 1d
1d Tame Pet. Did Blizz ever say why they decided to bump tame pet to Level 13? I decided to make a new hunter today and I just noticed it.Renofett3 1d
1d Solo Hunter Help Please Just started a new hunter and, don't laugh, I am trying to go 1-110 with no deaths. I wont be doing any dungeons, using any help from others or providing myself any gold or gear from my other toons. My question is this: What is the best solo PvE spec for safety so I don't die? I know SV is a spec but from what I read it isn't a ranged spec. Any help/comments are appreciated!Jamolisimpea10 1d
1d Finally BM Buff... Beast Mastery Beast Mastery Hunter Increases damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6% 12%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6% 12%. Increases damage/healing of Bestial Wrath by 6 12. Decreases damage/healing of A Murder of Crows by 45. Increases damage/healing of Barrage by 100%. Increases damage/healing of Volley by 50%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec. I'm already doing a lot more numbers another 6% is gonna be great!Mike8 1d
1d Sephuz's Secret I just got this ring and I was researching it and learning how to use it... Anyway, did they change it so that it randomly auto-procs? I am getting random procs of the Acceleration buff by just auto attacking a training dummy. From everything I read, it should only proc when you interrupt or freeze etc... I'm doing it on Marksmanship, and I can't for the life of me figure out what is proccing it. I have no pet out, and I'm just auto-attacking and it still procs. Same if I do my normal damage rotation. Maybe the wording that kind of seems like them explaining the internal cooldown of 30 seconds actually means it will proc on it's own?Muzzle4 1d
1d What's your artificact level? And have you unlocked the 2nd row of relic traits? I am asking as I'd like to know just how far behind I am as a casual who isn't looking to grind out billions of AP... My weapon (BM) is at 59. While I don't "grind" for AP, I do things like WQ for emissary cache, PVP bg reward, the weekly bonus quest, etc. and it seems like a very very slow climb to get to the next row in the crucible.Lunkal9 1d
1d Let all specs use Spirit Beasts They have a heal that can benefit every hunter and it seems a bit cruel to only let BMs use them in gameSakajawea22 1d
2d More Stable Slots I'm kind of a pet hoarder and I only have one empty slot left. Please Blizzard more slots. There are so many rares but not enough slots!! 10 pages instead of 5 would be nice. I can't stop collectingSakajawea7 2d
2d 2 pets 1 Hunter and OCD Give BM hunters the option where they can choose to have 1 or 2 pets by there side. give me an option where i can just have Hati or something.. please??Jocquette7 2d
2d BM Hunter PvP, am I missing something? Hi, This is questions/rant for not only the players of Beast Mastery Hunter but also to Blizzard. I PvP every class over 900ilev so this is not a close minded rant, but more like a "What's wrong with my favorite spec" type of conversation. Is it just me or is BM Hunter one of the worst specs in the game right now? The tool-kit of BM before Legion was so great, that I don't understand how they could be in this situation in 7.3 Legion. Camouflage, Scatter Shot, Explosive Trap "with knock back", and Master's Call were all core abilities to the spec, especially in PvP. I feel like now we are a watered down spec that has not only been gutted, but also preforms worst than most other specs if not all. I remember at one point early Legion when BM could cheese and hide while the pet attacked but you can't nerf that into the ground and not compensate somehow. What is the representation of BM in Arena and rated play now? Close to none is the answer. The abilities have been nerfed so bad that most talents are not even viable. Killer Cobra used to be amazing when we popped Bestial Wrath but now Cobra Shot does basically just as much damage as Kill Command meaning it's best to just spam Cobra Shot. It takes way to many spells to equal the same output as other players. I can fight a bad player and still need to click like 30+ buttons with each one biting like a flee. Barrage used to be my go to ability and now it's unplayable in PvP. Murder of Crows used to be the go to and now it's also unplayable in PvP. Stampede has a 3 minute cool-down for an ability players can just step out of? Even if they stay in it's still crap damage. Wild Protector and Interlope both require your pet to be close to you. If you are PvPing with your pet close to you then you already lost so these talents make no sense. Dire Beast:Hawk has a 30 second cool-down and is the final row honor talent AND is a targeted ability people can move from yet it's ticks do less than automatic damage other classes get that require no button use. Short story long, BM is weak and not that enjoyable right now and it makes no sense seeing the time put into Marksmanship and Survival. How Blizzard completely guts and remakes a Hunter spec "Survival" yet make it better than the classic and iconic Hunter specs is beyond my understanding. I play the other classes so I know what it takes to get a kill. I get more and better quality kills on my Disc Priest. We should not have to click are butts off like this for minimal effect. When I think of Hunter, I think of a ranged Rogue with a pet basically. You don't use mana and have no resource other than a bar that's always filling IE: Energy or Focus. This is more in line with reality and not fantasy classes like a Warlock or something. Magical spells are cool but it's also cool to feel like a normal guy using weapons. Marksmanship Hunter has to stand in place for Aimed Shots taking away constant movement therefore I don't like them and will never play them and Survival is melee. BM is the only spec now that can fulfill my personal play style and it's damage and utility is severely lacking. No change will come from this but it made me feel better writing it. People just hate being owned by a Pet or person far away. The thing I find interesting is the play-style of Druids, Monk, Rogues, and Demon Hunters. They play the same cheesy tactics that people hate in BM yet it's perfectly fine and unchanged for those classes.Csm6 2d
2d Which rares could you never kill We all have or favorite pets but which ones when you see them after you have them tamed could you never kill? For me, Glib, Kash, Olm, Humar, & Terrorpene. It took so long to get them I couldn't take them away from another hunterSikviki5 2d
2d Hati is worthless. This pet is a useless piece of crap. I actually have to command it to attack or it just sits there doing nothing, while my main pet is chomping away. Was Hati designed to be stupid? /quackDuckypoo29 2d
2d Fenryr tame question I was in the middle of this tame on mythic last night. But had to get some sleep for work. After doing some research I hurd that if i leave the instance and then return. The tamable pet will not show? And I tried to reset the instance, but the first boss is still dead. Do i really have to wait until reset to try this again? Really wanted to get him tonight.Silest0 2d
2d Need Mog Suggestion for Gloves/Boots Been staring at this a while and trying to figure out the best modifications or farms I need to better this set. I dont have the Mythic KJ gloves yet either and also refuse to wear the skirt. The blue boots from Tomb mythic are like ankle socks are look terrible on short pants. Any suggestion helps I'll try and see if I can make this mog work or not. Thanks!Riddeck0 2d
2d Current State of Pet Abilities Sorry for the long list but I kind of broke it down for everyone to see. Pets without Utility Abilities (Purely Cosmetic) Bat Bear Bird of Prey Boar Dog Dragonhawk Goat Gorilla Hydra Hyena Porcupine Raptor Ravager Serpent Sporebat Stag Tallstrider Wasp Wind Serpent Wolf Pets with Shield Ability Basalisk Beetle Crab Shale Spider (Exotic) Turtle Pets with Unique Shield Ability CleftHoof Quilen (Exotic) Pets with Dodge Ability Fox Monkey Pets with Heal Debuff Ability Carrion Bird Devilsaur (Exotic) Riverbeast Scorpid Pets with Slow Debuff Ability Chimaera (Exotic) Crocolisk Slithid (Exotic) Spider Warp Stalker Pets with Revive Ability Crane Moth Quilen (Exotic) Pets with Time Warp/Blood Lust Ability Corehound (Exotic) Nether Ray Pets with Unique Ability Not Mentioned Yet All Exotics (Except Shale Spider and Slithid) Cat Direhorn As you can see with all the Pet Families the First Category are simply nothing more than Cosmetic. Exotics except for Slithid and Shale Spider that kinda got screwed over have some unique ability that distinguishes them from everything else. I think this makes sense since exotics are special and can only be tamed by a BM spec so they probably should get some unique skill though it makes me wonder why Slithid and Shale Spider are still Exotic since they are just as useful as a Turtle or Crocolisk. Now this is just my opinion but I personally think they need to give back all the pet families on the first list some minor ability to make them worth even bothering with besides cosmetic value or strip away all pet family abilities except maybe Exotic since they are supposed to be special (maybe just give exotic pets one or two special minor abilities). If they were to take away all pet abilities including Exotic then it feels like they should just remove the Exotic tag and let any spec tame them. Also the Stable Wide pet Specs is irritating. They so need to fix that so you can set up each pet as a distinct separate spec so you can switch between them in battle when you need a little more DPS or a Tenacity pet or so on, so forth. It's annoying when you have to sit there with a charge timer to switch all your pets to a new spec like tenacity and then have them be poorly set up because you need to reset up their bars in the middle of battle. They really should return that system to the old way it used to be otherwise what is the point with having 5 pet slots except to maybe switch between the few pets left that have some sort of utility ability. I doubt Blizzard is even listening to the forums or reading any of this but hopefully they can fix some of the issues with the pets families now. As it stands now PETS ARE NOT PURELY COSMETIC. They can never be while some have useful abilities and others don't. So if that was your intent then the application of it failed Blizzard. If you notice I did not include the three new pet families of Mechanical, Oxen and Scalehide. For all I know they may be giving these new unique abilities when Legion finally comes out near the end of August. Otherwise they are included in the top list of No Ability/Purely Cosmetic pets.Krimshaw31 2d
3d Idea for tweak to SV mastery. Rename it 'scent of blood' or 'bloodhound' and have it be 'pet attacks against targets affected by lacerate have a % chance to grant a charge of mongoose bite /AND/ cause lacerate to immediately deal an additional hit of damage'. This would nudge up the value of mastery just a little bit and offer a little bit more incentive for us to actually keep lacerate active even if we don't have frizzos or the t20 set.Gulrumn14 3d
3d Rate that Transmog (For Hunters) I'll start it up. Rate the transmog of the person above you. 1 to 10Braesh358 3d
3d A Stunt to Lower Hunter Population? The questions and gripes many hunters have felt since the Beta have gone vastly unanswered by Blizzard. We've had so little attention, such terrible care, and ultimately so much abuse from the Dev Team the entire expansion, and yet have received no haven from this. The Hunter class is suffering, immensely. Some of the issues so truly simple and aggravating that we ask ourselves "Where are our blues?" We make topics begging for response... And receive nothing. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The question I am at here: Is this a stunt? Hunter population has been complained about prior to Legion as many people are drawn to the class, especially new players. But are these awful changes purposeful? Is this distinct lack of developer care something they intend? Do they want us to reroll and depopulate the class? Or are they just in too deep to change anything now and unable to turn away from this awful path until the next expansion? It's far fetched, yes... But well in the ages since any blue has had the stones to post we've had enough anger as a class base to last a lifetime and a half. If this is indeed a stunt, it's going to backfire massively. Because upon any fun returning to this class, the population will most likely return with a vengeance. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ What are your thoughts? Forgive the lightly salted post, but honestly it's been years now.Chestius21 3d
3d Taming Fenryr. Need some pointers from those that have solo'd him. Mainly, what setup, and which legendaries? Currently 900 ilvl. Almost had Hymdall down, just not fast enough.Arkimus6 3d
3d 10 issues with BM and legion Blizzard does not even know we exist. 1.No new stable 2.Forced use of same pet models and no way to transmog main pet to what you want 3. Garbage aoe compared to others 4. Pets often lag behind when you are running to WQ objectives and they get stuck forcing you to dismiss and resummon. 5. BM does not scale very well at all so if you are playing with similar geared people parsing 90+ expect to be bottom. 6. To many bad traits on artifact compared to others. Traits the literally are a joke like 2% dodge for pet and 10% more healing in turtle form (A skill in the that most cancel after taking the big hit absorbed by shell shield) the healing is very insignificant. 7. Tied to T19 which just really sucks. No one wants to do nighthold and if you do get a group it's personal loot and major RNG to actually get what you need. 8. Many bad guild force you to play MM even if you hate it or find a new guild because progression for most is on host and mistress. Things get better when you do making it to maiden though. 9. To many causals and pet battlers play BM which is why blizzard thinks it's fine. Pet classes have always been easier to solo play with. 10. Blizzard did not keep it's promise to balance specs. A concern that was brought up when they announced artifact weapons and how artifact weapon and AP will make a player want to stick with one spec when they have a job and a real life and only so much time they can invest. So if you want to stay competitive at the top end it's hard to maintain swaping to FOTM all the time. There are more reasons and these were just quickly off the top of my head.Furyun20 3d
4d Other Hunter forums. Whats up, fellas. Anyone here browse other Hunter forums? I know mmo-champ has them, but they aren't as active as I would like. I need some recommendations for some goodn's. Thanks!Hafemid5 4d
4d What happened to glyph of misdirect hi i am thinking of boosting my Hunter toon. Where is the inscription glyph for misdirect.. did i miss the news has it been removed from game. i can't find the spell mats or information for this inscriptionist anywhere on the net..Ilythia6 4d
4d Here's a macro to toggle track humanoids I looked and found a macro to toggle track humanoids on and off easily. It also puts a confirmation in chat for you, a system message so no one else gets the message. This is useful if you are like me and do battlegrounds alot but don't want track humanoids outside of bg's. Here it is. /run for i=1,GetNumTrackingTypes() do local x,_,y=GetTrackingInfo(i) if x==GetSpellInfo(19883) then SetTracking(i, not y) z='OFF' r=1 g=1 if not y then z='ON' r=0 g=1 end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("| Track Humanoids |---> "..z,r,g,0) end endMoralethia1 4d
4d HCT LXIV: Infiltration Complete Assuming direct control.Firekatkid197 4d
4d Stop auto attack when changing targets I seem to remember there being an option for this, but going back to my hunter after a LONG time not playing... I'm having the same stupid issue. I change targets before one thing is dead, and I auto fire at it. This is a major pain when I tab target something that is not aggro'ed and I pull something I don't want to. Is there any plan on bringing this option back, and/or how have you all been dealing with it?Leirachka3 4d