Hunter

Sep 6 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder279 Sep 6
Sep 21 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide55 Sep 21
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Nov 15 Which Horde Race is the best for Hunter? So, I have decided to switch factions. So, which race do you like, prefer, or think is the best for hunter and why?Revín5 Nov 15
Nov 15 Survival PvP advice Hey guys I'm new to survival and I wanna know, do I go 1x WS and 2x blur or 2x latent? Heard latent got nerfed and isn't worth it but I'm not sure. Or maybe something else? Hunter discord wasn't very helpful when I asked around. Also, how do I beat dh healer teams? I seem to do well against any team that doesn't have a dh but I get !@#$ on by themGghax2 Nov 15
Nov 15 Survival should be a dual wield spec Why can't hunters use agility one handed maces? This is a holdover from Classic where classes had set weapon types and for some reason, two handed weapons like polearms and staves were focused on to become hunter weapons. Change: survival is now a dual wield spec and hunters cannot use 2h weapons such as polearms, staves, or even 2h axes. Instead, hunters can dual wield daggers, axes, maces, swords, and fist weapons. And all of the melee abilities are changed to reflect this.Grunthax34 Nov 15
Nov 15 Wildfire Infusion castsequence macros broken? Alrighty so Ive been experiencing this for awhile but I am getting sick of it. Basically if you have the Wildfire Infusion level 100 talent, you cannot castsequence the ability. For example, if you have the following macro for say a burn phase... /castsequence reset=1 Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Raptor Strike, Raptor Strike, Raptor Strike It casts the wildfire bomb but does not progress to the next ability. I know this because if you have a macro like.. /castsequence reset=1 Raptor Strike, Raptor Strike, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Raptor Strike it will cast the first two raptor strikes.. then when it hits wildfire bomb.. it gets stuck. and until the macro resets it stays stuck on Wildfire bomb (whichever it is at the moment) Is there a fix for this I dont know about? is this a known issue?Galdryn8 Nov 15
Nov 15 Tenacity or Ferocity for solo content? Hail fellow hunters! Its been awhile since I've played a hunter and I read over some of the changes to pets. My question to the more experienced hunters is, do you use a tenacity pet with the increased health or a ferocity pet with leech healing for leveling and solo content? Since I've been back, the wolf I started with does really well for itself and when i got my second pet i went and got a bear to have as my leveling pet and be sure i should easily be able to work my way through anything. Unfortunately the bear seems slower to damage my enemy down and seems to lose more health than my wolf. Was wondering if maybe im not doing something right or maybe as I level up my tank pet might get better? Any clarification would be great! Thanks5 Nov 15
Nov 15 Looking for BM advise I haven't played as bm in many years so I am out if the loop. As 8 1 gets closer and mm steady aim build will be no more. Until I collect azerite armor with surging shots to go back mm. What are the preferred bm azerite pieces to look for or what do you prefer to use? Thank you for any help.Ortyn7 Nov 15
Nov 15 PTR Marks Update 11/13 Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 207% [ 248.4% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Replaces Cobra Shot. Requires Ranged Weapon. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 30 Focus. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges. Piercing Shot A powerful shot which deals [ 112.5% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to the target and up to [ 45% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to all enemies between you and the target. Piercing Shot ignores the target's armor. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. 35 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown. Serpent Sting Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take [ 15% [ 16.5% of Attack Power ] Nature damage instantly and an additional [ 60% [ 66% of Attack Power ] Nature damage over 12 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. 10 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. Trick Shots When Multi-Shot hits 3 or more targets, your next Aimed Shot or Rapid Fire will ricochet and hit up to 5 additional targets for 40% 50% of normal damage. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec.Gunshy8 Nov 15
Nov 15 Quick question about marks. I prefer marks hunter. My favorite spec since vanilla. That being said I do casual play so is it possible to do marks with a pet maybe lfr and warfronts?Burlo0 Nov 15
Nov 15 Brutosaurs & Armadillos Blizzard godlings, please make these two beasts tameable!!Kahless3 Nov 15
Nov 15 Is MM going to be gabage this whole XPAC? Pronounced: ga- bidge Just wondering because those band aids in the PTR just tell me that you don't want to put effort into fixing the only 2 specs in game that use a bow.Insanium36 Nov 15
Nov 15 BM Hunter PVP Enchants??? I haven't played all that much since my HC days in Vanilla. Back into BFA, PvPing. But I need advice. I cannot seem to get an accurate insight into what I should be using. Icy Veins says mastery, Noxxic is kind of confused it seems, and I am thinking I should have Haste on my rings and Quick Navigation on my bow. Help? thank you!!! Also, WTF is up with Pet Pathing? Seems worse than when I was in Vanilla.Revín6 Nov 15
Nov 15 5% wasn’t necessary! Starting to feel the 5% a bit more as gear gets higher. I know BM is not bad by any means but as I get higher ilvl it does feel like we are slowly falling behind and by the end of the expansion it might get bad. I wish mm wasn’t a dumpster fire :-/Barreck18 Nov 15
Nov 15 How are Hunters atm? Last I played a hunter was in Wrath. Haven't touched them too much except maybe the beginning of legion to get the artifact weapons. How are they doing currently? Been trying to figure out which class to play and am thinking of returning to my long lost Hunter. (Was considering playing my arms warrior (341 currently) but it feels kind of slow and a little bland.)Fergy29 Nov 15
Nov 15 Survival Hunter Focus I never seem to have any. It's frustrating.Diro5 Nov 15
Nov 14 HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW! Just kidding, if you believe I actually want less stable slots, I have a bridge I can sell you. I got tired of waiting so sorry Cabbie. Also this is post 13,500. I should take a forum break.Natesanders461 Nov 14
Nov 14 <Deathnote> 3/8M 6Hrs/Wk LF Hunt for CE Server:Kel'Thuzad [A] Raid Times Sunday 8:30pm - 11:30pm MST (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) Monday 8:30pm - 11:30pm MST (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) *Off night carries/alt clears Tuesday (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) Current Prog - 3/8M, 8/8H, 8/8N, M Vectis 19% - Full Repairs - Flasks, Feasts & Runes Provided - 15k-25k gold each off night carry run - DPS Pots provided on some content Immediate Openings - Warlocks & other Ranged DPS - Arms Warrior - Any good quality players that can make raid schedule About Semi-hardcore guild on a lite 2 night schedule. Formed early legion and progressed through Mythic. Guild full of mid to late twenties early thirties players, college students & parents. We will attempt to get CE on each tier. We run a roster of 23-26 to avoid attendance issues + stack classes for fight needs. Activities Gambling PVP/RBGS Gold Carries M+ Key Pushing Recruiting Post in our recruitment thread on https://discord.gg/7ZtVTDN or add me Robbilee#1782 so we can get in contact with you.Vvheelchair6 Nov 14
Nov 14 A hunter pet reference I'd like to see Most of us know that the various Sabertron units are a Voltron reference, but, personally, I'd like to see a line of tameable mechanical pets based on another series with animal-based robots, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: A red mechanical Devilsaur A yellow mechanical Sabercat that uses a different model from the yellow Sabertron. A blue mechanical Direhorn A pink mechanical Pterodax A black mechanical Elekk/Mammoth (Could come in with the tameable versions of the regular ones.) Personally, I'd pay for these to be ingame. What do you think?Daanea7 Nov 14
Nov 14 Pathfinder ability for BFA Is the Pathfinder ability working in BFA? I am not noticing an increase of speed with this talent. I am running a pet that gives 8% speed boost. I put my pet on stay, then run away from it. My speed does not change when the pet despawns and the buff falls off.Mojada1 Nov 14
Nov 14 Getting a Survival Weapon Hey Team, I need to make the switch to Survival and am having a tough time getting a survival weapon. I've coined Zek for three weeks on heroic, and I've been running M+ keys that have the weapon as a drop. Just getting really bad luck. Any reliable way to get a SV weapon at 340+ item level?Mariota3 Nov 14
Nov 14 Best BM Hunter Pet We can look here for all the pets, and pet abilities in the game https://www.wowhead.com/battle-for-azeroth-hunter-pet-guide I want to compare the most commonly used pet, to the one I think is the best but nobody seems to use. That is the Spirit Beast vs the Chimaera. With a Spirit Beast you get 1.) Damage Reduction (Survival of the Fittest) 2.) More HP (Endurance Training) 3.) A dispel (Spirit Shock) 4.) A heal (spirit mend) 5.) If you get the spirit owl, a flying pet WIth a Chimaera you get 1.) Leech for both you and your pet (Predator's Thirst) 2.) A bloodlust (Primal Rage) 3.) A slow (Frost Breath) 4.) a damage cleave ability (Froststorm Breath) 5.) They are all flying First, Flying pets are always better than non-flying pets. Even more so if you pvp, do bgs and get the mogu temple map. I've found the lifesteal of Ferocity to easily beat the increased life, damage reduction cooldown, and spirit mend heal - the lifesteal just seems to grant me way more suitability and healing. Plus for those "huntards" it's one less thing to manage. The bloodlust ability is nice if you are lacking a mage or shammy in mythic+'s The slow is good in pvp But the main thing; Froststorm Breath. I've taken a look and it seems to be the only pet in the game with a damaging ability, at the very least the only one in the Ferocity tree and I am sure of that. I ALWAYS hear people say "your dps doesn't change depending on your pet", yet here is this pet, that nobody seems to be talking about, or using, that has this pretty amazing ability that straight up increases your damage. I'm not sure about this though, if it triggers the anchor tricket - probably not. Why would one not want a pet that just does more damage than all the other pets? You can keep it up all the time as well, the pet just has so much focus and regens so fast, the ability barely even does anything to the pet's focus bar. Don't get me wrong, the dispel is great and all, but the damage is even better imo. Currently, I'd recomend any BM hunter to try out the Chimaera - a very easy pet to get as well, just go to outland; thousand needles. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EFKKmy7SQcg/maxresdefault.jpgClamgar31 Nov 14
Nov 14 Survival Talent, Bloodseeker, bugged? I've already submitted a ticket through Blizzard, though I personally feel like they're a bit taxed with the lag issues in Uldir to notice, but I felt I would reach out and see if this issue has been noticed by others. As you probably know, the Survival Hunter talent, Bloodseeker applies a debuff to the target you use Kill Command on. When the debuff is active, you gain 10% haste as long as you're within 12 yards. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7CbKm6H3vp4BfdTy#fight=3&type=auras&source=18 On this brief MOTHER encounter, I used Kill Command 58 times, and have had the debuff on a debuff tracker and have noticed it on targets however the 10% haste buff has gone unnoticed in-game, and as well as the logs. If anyone else is or is not having the issue, feel free to chime in, just curious as to why this would be the case.Dpee3 Nov 14
Nov 14 BM Explosive Tips Not Explosive BM tips, that's gross....:P I'm terrified to tab target like crazy lest I pull adjacent packs and clicking stinks. On my DH, I don't worry about it since if I tab target something far away I'm not going to accidentally pull it. I use TidyPlates and it helps, but sometimes with teeming and g'huun spawns, I'm finding it so hard to target the add I want. Any helpful tips?Aimmee4 Nov 14
Nov 14 Easiest spirit beast to get? I've been camping Gon and it's just not working. What's the easiest spirit beast to tame?Murusc15 Nov 14
Nov 14 Taming problems I'm trying to tame they molten front rares and they are not spawning do I need to progress thru the questline inorder for then to start spawning?? Plz help I can't find anything about this anywhere I even opened a ticket and they said they can't tell me anything it's against policy.......Enthorin6 Nov 14
Nov 14 Tameable Crawgs? Maybe? The title is self explanatory. This is the first time I am making a suggestion and I think a few hordies might agree with me? How about it Blizz, would you guys be able to make this happen?Cellwinn5 Nov 14
Nov 13 BM PvE DPS too low passed ~iLvl 370 I just had to say in case any BLUE types are lurking about.... Pay attention to BM DPS at higher content and iLvls. It was overnerfed with the damage nerfs to pet, etc, and it is not competitive anymore. BM is HORRIBLY underpowered in PvP, and I consider it not viable for Arena except under very specific gimmick comps that max out long before truly high level play. Additionally, i have found it to be too weak in M+ on 10+ runs, and now play Survival 100% of the time because of lack of performance on BM. By performance, I am speaking specifically about DPS output. BM can't keep up with Rogues, Demon Hunters, Balance Druids, Mages, Warriors, etc. It just doesn't do well enough when very well geared. * BUFF BM * Revert the changes which broke the class. It might be OK for casual leveling, but at high end of performance play, it just doesn't scale well enough and the problem will only get worse withhout some attention. thxAndii23 Nov 13
Nov 13 Rate that transmog x3 X2 hit 500 so starting again @Aubrey. 10/10 matches great and suits an elfRuzaki139 Nov 13
Nov 13 Haste cap? Is there a haste cap for sv? Kc and bombs cd doesn't seem to be lowered past a certain point so is it only affecting attack speed and gcd at that point?Fili0 Nov 13
Nov 13 We lost our spirit Why we can’t have specialized talent and all useful flourish spell for Hunters? So right now ppl rely on high dps since there is only I best talent (cuz all other talent combo are so trash!) For some reason that diff ppl like diff talents I understand like someone like not moving shoot someone like shoot while running (MM) right? So we have 3 BM MM SV BM we focus on our pet(s) so forget bout all the bugs we have that are already insane but couldn’t be expect more way to play? On pet talent compare with 2 pet talent ? MM same marks with moving or not moving get diff buffs The worst is SV no matter how dps we can make we have no spirit! That’s so sad! traps are useless (cc adds exceptions) what’s our spirits here ? Natural damage? How to stack MB buff? What? We are survival I like how they make us both melee and range but could be better Pets all same damage? Diff looks why do you thing we only for that .1 dps differences then we gonna forget the lovely cute pet? No ! (oh maybe they have no money give to them to fix bugs ) Finally I know coding is suck especially we have pets and all kinds insane but we hunters love this game we love who we are and right now we lost our spirit (especially SV) Guys we can definitely change bliz give us more “lovvvvvve” i have 3 hunters already I just love how the hunter works we have so many useless trash right now only focus on we way play.Letstk6 Nov 13
Nov 13 UNoHavePhone or DiabloMeme I'm trying to think up a name for my new Krolusk pet. I am torn between UNoHavePhone and DiabloMeme. Please send halp.Science3 Nov 13
Nov 13 Pet with the coolest sound effects? What pet or pet family you think has the coolest sound effects ? Aside from Loque who has to be a top on most hunters lists. I really loved hyenas, for some reason blizzard changed their sound effects. Really lame, they use to help and sound deadly and barely make much comotion now. Currently I'm digging the green/black cat from Argus, makes some cools sounds. Also got Humar for the first time, vanilla lions effects don't seem to get old to me. Curious which pets you guys and gals are fond of atm.Greenmonstr8 Nov 13
Nov 13 Kvaldir Exult's Grips Cool Gaunlets Saw this really cool pair of hunter gauntlets in the appearance tab earlier - how does one get it? when i checked wowhead there was barely any information. would anyone please help? https://www.wowhead.com/item=142434/kvaldir-exults-grips&bonus=3467:1474Marionette4 Nov 13
Nov 13 Does anyone get Animal Companion bug? Whenever I fought against bosses or mob who used aoe skill, then my animal companion died. (Captain Raoul-Barrel smash, Zek'voz - Surging Darkness, and so on) Am I the only one worry about dying animal companion by aoe skill in pve? If not, can anyone share that kind of experience?Alzebra2 Nov 13
Nov 13 MM in 8.1 from a try hard raider After extensive testing on the PTR for the last few weeks I'd like to share my observations. The Steady Aim build is dead...kind of. You can still run the trait and during Careful Aim windows the damage is still actually pretty good. On the raid dummy I can hold around 12k dps at 373 item level with no raid buffs, lust, pots, blah blah. My gear isn't best in slot but it is pretty strong. Now outside of Careful Aim the dps held is more around 8k. It is really bad. On some fights where the boss hovers in the 100-80% and 20-0% range for extended periods it might be okay. Far from ideal and mixed with the fact that the playstyle is dry and boring it doesn't feel great. The new rapid fire trait is very nice. When stacking three of those traits my dps hovers in the 11k-13k range (a bit higher than live). The playstyle feels much more engaging and I really do dig it. You can switch up a few talents like Lethal Shots and Double Tap and give it a different feel between rapid fires. Aimed Shot in this build is really just a thing to cast to generate Precise Shots. It hits just a tiny bit harder than arcane and while it is still worth casting definitely doesn't feel as good as a stacked Steady Aim one feels. During Careful Aim windows it feels alright but again it still feels like filler while you wait for your next Rapid Fire. With Lethal Shots chosen I found myself more looking for my next Arcane Shot rather than Aimed. The new Trueshot feels great with the Rapid Fire build. Rotating Aimed and Rapid Fire during the cooldown is smooth and I love the idea that haste caps will be important again to make it even smoother. Using the Steady Aim build is another story. I found it was actually a dps loss during TS to cast Rapid Fire. It was also a loss to use aimed as it came up instead of using Steady Shot to get to 5 stacks. The only reason to use Rapid Fire here was to try and build focus and Steady Shot ended up doing that better in the end. AOE feels a touch better with Explosive Shot and it is a great change as ES was clunky to the point of annoyance before the change. Two target cleave is still missing and the recent nerfs to our three+ target damage with Rapid Fire and Aimed Shot are noticeable. With Explosive in the mix it is about a wash. I still don't see MM taking over BM and Survivals role in mythic+ in 8.1. A simple change to trick shots activating with two targets might tighten that gap but we all know that is wishful thinking. Overall, we are still going to be pigeon holed into one set up in 8.1. I don't see any other path to take than the new Rapid Fire trait Surging Shots. Two or three of those will make the spec serviceable. If we get unlucky and don't get the drops with that trait it is going to be very rough sledding until we do. On the day 8.1 goes live we are looking at a significant dps loss. On the order of 15 to 20% assuming you were running with the Steady Aim build. PvP with Surging Shots and Arcane Shot spam seems pretty good but I'll leave that to the PvP folks. I don't do enough of it for my opinion to matter there. TLDR: Keep all your crit gear and get ready to hunt Surging Shot traits. Have BM or SV ready for the beginning of 8.1.Gunshy16 Nov 13
Nov 13 My poor Karkin Crab :( It went from a very unique red, black and white graphic to pale blue. I knew it was coming, but I am sad. At least I got to use him for the last few months before he got altered. I used to get a lot of compliments on him because he was so different looking. He opens and closes his mouth a lot now. It's odd. From http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crabskindarkdiamond To http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crab2_diamondVhale27 Nov 13
Nov 12 Stat Weights and ENCHANTS I simulate my stat weights on raidbots, and they are constantly changing. I just wanted to know what to enchant on my rings and what to put in my sockets, seeing as my stat priority is constantly changing. I've had to change around my enchants/gems constantly, and I don't mind doing it if that's what i have to do. Btw, my spec is beast mastery, so if anyone knows what I should enchant/socket please let me know! Thank youDachro7 Nov 12
Nov 12 new BM nerfs 5% all damage. Should this prevent me from leveling my hunter now?Rhits33 Nov 12
Nov 12 Pet Pathing in BfA What happened to pet pathing in 8.0? I have had tons of issues with pets not following properly and no path exists errors, plus now clicking the pet passive button no longer causes pets to unstick or warp down from cliffs. I think this is the worst that pet AI has ever been.Onamah10 Nov 12
Nov 12 Lack of Spirit Beasts/Challenge Tames Can we have some new designs that aren't reskins? Thanks.Arlanos3 Nov 12
Nov 12 Beast Mastery low PVP I like BM. I want to play low 2s and BGs. I also absolutely LOVE world PVP. Is BM still "good" enough to play with in these scenarios? I know there are still some high rated BMs out there. I've seen them here on the forums. Thanks!Orphios7 Nov 12
Nov 12 Loque'nahak Spawn Timer Does anyone know the DEFINITE spawn time for loque?? I have been playing since WOD with sub and the lvl 20 thing before that.. anyways.. when i got sub back then and created this hunter i been looking for him ever since. I dont really camp him since i also play a druid who was my first ever char. and the new demon hunter class.. really only getting on when i think he may have spawned. I always heard it was 7hrs. does anyone know for 100% sure? I hope you all are good and having fun :D stay safe everyone :DKkatt13 Nov 12
Nov 12 Tip for Solo Ji'arak Ji'arak Skills - Hurricane Crash: she will pull you. Just run away from her. Watch out her Broodling - Storm Wing: She will push you. Run to her. - Matriarch's Call: She will spawn her broodling. Broodling will grab and drop from the sky. Use disengagement to prevent damage. Freeze trap can freeze broodling. Broodling can be stunned/slowed. Guess its duration is around 120sec. Don't think you guys like videoclip and texing is enough to explain.Alzebra1 Nov 12
Nov 11 pet keeps going passive idk why my pet keeps going passive its annoyingAimisty0 Nov 11
Nov 11 Surv traits in pvp Everything I seem to find as far as the best traits for a survival hunter in pvp tend to be outdated with latent poison; however, I still see some of the top hunters running 2x latent. I currently run 1x wilderness survival and 2x blur of talons as I believed that to be the best traits for the time being. Any experienced pvp hunters out there that can advise what the best pvp traits are for survival?Dejávu8 Nov 11
Nov 11 Lvling from 1, where to find pole arms? Im trying to level as a Survival Hunter (BLIZ PLZ bring back ranged surv :( ) and Im having a hard time getting weapon upgrades... I Have my loot spec set to survival but all of my quest rewards seem to be bows and guns ? I dont want to use heirlooms and my weapons seem to be based on random drops from mobs or vendor whites (which are obviously horrible). Is there any checkpoints you know of where I can pick up a pole arm on my way through northrend/cata/mist and draenor?Wildhardt5 Nov 11
Nov 11 Suggest some content Curious for suggestions on some content to do for a returning player? After coming back taking 3 years off, I leveled my main here to 120. Geared him through heroics. Not sure I really want to get into raiding right now even though I'm in a raiding guild. LfR is a mess and making guild runs is tough due to their schedule, plus they're all way beyond my item level. Usually once I hit as far as I want to go in pve I switch to pvp but my server sucks in bgs, we're always steam rolled. I've heard of island conquests, war fronts, mythics. It's a bit confusing not playing through Legion where some of these things were introduced, just leveled through doing dungeons and high mountain quets/rep. I would of course like to get better ranged/melee weapons as I play all 3 specs often.Greenmonstr3 Nov 11