Hunter

Sep 6 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder279 Sep 6
Sep 21 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide55 Sep 21
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1h Rate that transmog x3 X2 hit 500 so starting again @Aubrey. 10/10 matches great and suits an elfRuzaki26 1h
1h Huge quality of life for hunters While I'm posting this completely ignorantly to the fact there may already be a macro or solution to solve it, I want to suggest that calling your pet while it's alive will bring it to you automatically. If any of you have done Seige of boralus your pet is constantly getting stuck in the water like an idiot, and you're forced to dismiss and recall your pet just to be able to do damage. There are numerous other places where your pets retarded pathing just ends up screwing over your mythic+ team on a high key or its just annoying. Don't know if it's fixed yet but another instance is on freehold where your pet has a spazz attack and starts hitting training dummys and potentially even pulling mobs. Thats all thanks for listeningGrantchi9 1h
1h Latent Poison Is this still a relevant trait? Also I'm having trouble trying to add it into a rotation. Can someone help a fella out with this latent poison rotation? :DAngelaziggs1 1h
1h Steady Aim Helm whats the best way to farm it ?Shaytime14 1h
2h Pack Alpha Now Worth It? I have been running as BM with only one pet because the talent for 2 pets was lackluster, and Pack Alpha wasn't helping much unless stacked. I am just curious if anyone will be taking the 2-pet talent now that Pack Alpha has been buffed by 60% (no change against other players, though)Faelhanopsis23 2h
4h BM PvP nerfs were too much I understand that some people saw BM as OP. Classes have kits and ours was annoying sticky damage... much less OP than high utility high burst classes like rogues and mages but whatever. I can't even get groups in high rating anymore. Literally nobody wants a BM hunter now. I've sat in LFG for Arenas for probably 10 hours over the past week and not a single person around my CR(2200) will take me because of my spec. I want gladiator but I don't want to switch specs. It's not viable against good players on better classes now.Eohi40 4h
4h Why are all the mechanical pets tenacity? Its just sad that all mechanical pets are tenacity. Mecha-wolf? Tenacity. Spider? Tenacity. Tiger? Tenacity. As a gnome hunter, I would love to have ferocity and cunning pets in my fantasy arsenal, but thats not possible.Gurgles6 4h
5h Hunter Race (Horde) Greetings! I would appreciate some advice from other players here. Hunter is one of two classes I do not have at 110+ (the other being warrior). I've recently had an itch to try out BM/Survival Hunter. I was wondering what are some of your favorite Horde racials/races for Hunter? Or, which races/gender combinations have your favorite Hunter animations? I was thinking about leveling a Mag'har Orc Hunter once I got the reputation completed. I had read that Orc (males) generally seem to receive a lot of positive feedback about their bow animations. However, I did note a few caveats with this idea: 1) I'd feel obligated to level for heritage armor. With a full time job, a 2 hour daily commute, gym, etc...it'd be forever before I really got to play the class. 2) The regular Orc racials are significantly better overall, and especially for the Hunter class 3) Eventually, the regular Orcs will get their own heritage armor. Given Blizz's track record with excellent heritage armor designs, I have little doubt that it will look fantastic and won't required 70+ hours to obtain via leveling and 4) The ability to buy a boost is massively appealing, given the aforementioned availability to play/level (or lack thereof) However, if you want to sell me on another race/gender for the Hunter (animations, transmogs, racials, etc) please share your thoughts!Fajra5 5h
6h Survival pvp DH vs Survival. Just need some advice going against melee (rogue,warrior,Dh) especially Dh. I feel no matter what I do they keep me stunned, while my cc does little. I think Dh is faceroll tbh. I really like survival but feels squishy against other melee. I do play hit and run, SV isn't meant for toe-to-toe combat. I know I have a lot I can work on. But when I get on my rogue it is so much easier fighting melee. I have a lot more control and I can put out a lot of dmg while they are CCed. Survival has great dmg, I think they just cant take any. Even in Mythics, I seem to take more dmg than the leather dps.Vemonbite0 6h
7h Transmog. So lets talk about mail gear. Feel like mails just gotten increasingly uglier over the years . some sets are sick like the demon and gronstalker sets. Then theres the new warfront and raid gear. And seeing it makes me physically sick. Give us hoods and quivers for mm and aninal pelts for bm .Varrege26 7h
7h HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW! Just kidding, if you believe I actually want less stable slots, I have a bridge I can sell you. I got tired of waiting so sorry Cabbie. Also this is post 13,500. I should take a forum break.Natesanders383 7h
9h Any other 2400+ MMR Marksman Hunters? I've been playing Marksman cupid exclusively from 0 MMR and I'm now 2250 CR with 2450 MMR. It's definitely not noob friendly (multi r1 player playing with other r1 players) but it appears to be viable with good partners to a Gladiator rating. If anyone wants to watch you can check my guild name ;) My ideal build is going to be double tap, stream line, and 3x focused fire, so I can do about 85k (or more if I get better gear) in a single rapid fire on a clothie after an aimed shot; but I can't seem to get the gear to drop yet. I just figured this might give you guys some hope for the spec being viable again lol.Nayrownz34 9h
9h Feign camo in pvp? So i returned to play wow for bfa and one of things i noticed is that feign death no longer drops pvp combat, but i saw someone on a stream feign into camo and was wondering how the hell he did it?Algred9 9h
11h Skeletal devilsaur I have not been able to find them on petopia at all. Are there any that are tamable?Talessa15 11h
11h Surv Hunter/Hunter in General Hey everyone, so I mained a hunter vanilla-Cat, came back end of legion and made a warrior. Now we are into BfA, and its clear that some classes are just far more enjoyable than others. I have seen so many people compliment how survival was built. I enjoy most aspects of my warrior, but I feel like the complexity of the survival rotation might just be what I need. So I just wanted to pick some brains, what is so fun about survival to you? Also if it helps, my OG hunter was primarily Survival as well. Thanks everyoneNohne23 11h
13h unlock void elves then race change Would like to do so on my hunter. Would it be possible to unlock void elves with one char and race change that character to void elf after? I only have one alliance character and want to keep to name and not have to relevel, hence. Thanks in advance!Marionette8 13h
15h Gara Is Gara still available? I went to the spot where you are supposed to scratch her ears and she is not there.Evalyndrah4 15h
15h PVP stings mainly the scorpid one this reduces physical crit chance by 50% and since most classes are under 20% crit chance, wouldnt this be good talent to take vs melee classes over sacrfice as its only 24 sec CD and last 8 seconds.Tassili4 15h
15h Black Bow of the Betrayer I just want to say that I still have not gotten the black bow of the betrayer. I have gotten the world 3rd normal Garrosh (lol), US 12th heroic Garrosh AND BOTH Warglaives off Illidan, and have STILL NOT GOTTEN the bow. /endrantAara24 15h
15h Why is Oondasta not tameable? Thematically he's an amazing devilsaur to rock this xpack, so why aren't we allowed to tame it? Thok is cool and all, but he looks like Frankenstein's T-Rex.Gruzjin6 15h
15h Let's Talk: Part 2 First post hit cap, and we are currently sorting out a bug with increasing post cap limits on the forums, so please use this thread going forward. Thanks! :)Ornyx2460 15h
16h Are they gonna let us tame Crawgs? Anyone seen a tamable one yet?Nexzul59 16h
17h Pack Alpha I have yet to see this trait on any of my azerite gear. How rare is it? Any BM hunters here roll it yet?Mistblossom8 17h
17h BM changes. First of all having two pets is pretty badass. Main reason I play a BM hunter is because of the pet. So make animal companion baseline for BM. Make the second pet cast claw or whatever attacks there are. Adjust pet damage so this wont be a huge buff. Yes I know pet AI sucks. If you're going to complain about that then you're playing the wrong class. This might be OP but it would be fun. Allow the second pet to give the hunter the pet buff. Health, run speed, or leech. Double stacking with less benefit could be a thing too or not allowed at all. I think second pet being able to use things like spirit mend would be pretty OP so no to that. Make wild call work off the pet auto attacks. I honestly hate this mechanic the way it is. I know pet auto attacks are a lot faster so number tweaks would be needed. Lastly I hate the barb shot mechanic. I love the attack speed buff that it gives to the pet. However trying to keep three stacks up and having it fall off because of unlucky procs feels bad. Id rather go back to having cobra shot be like steady shot and make chimera shot baseline.Punknpie15 17h
17h pet stuck last boss siege So going about the last boss fight in the Siege dung and we get to 3rd platform my oet could not get to the back of it heyund Cannon I tried dismissal and still didn't fix it I could attack anything ahead of the Cannon but again it could not get behind it Anyone else have this issue or am I just a tard?Ròwa4 17h
18h Where do i buy wyrmstalkers battlegear items? In the collections for the armor set it say dragon soul but the head shoulders leggings and gloves say vendor and I was wondering where I buy them atMasherajmkii1 18h
19h OId mend pet Now that we've taken some heavy nerfs I think it could be a good time to discuss the old mend pet glyph? Make it a pvp talent? Considering the reduction in damage our pets do I think this could be a good option for hunters that want to control their pets better. I think it would also increase the skill cap.Kronïe5 19h
20h Stealth Abilities on Pets Why do I see hunters using stealth abilities like prowl on their pets? It slows the pet's movement speed down tremendously for such a minuscule benefit. I've been playing for over a decade and I've never used a pet's stealth ability. Am I missing something?Alerka7 20h
20h Vote: Rarest Spirit Beast Which do you think it is? 1.) Loque'nahak - because he's part of Frostbitten and seen by people mining ore. 2.) Arcturis - because he's in a heavy traffic area and only one spawn point (thanks Talerdiirn.) 3.) Skoll - because everyone farming TLPD kills him. 4.) Your pick. Edit: Forgot my vote =p I think it's Arcturis. Edit 2: the answer is 5.) None of the above. Trigore is the rarest Hunter pet.Tovi31 20h
21h Pet pathing Fix it. It's !@#$ing horrible.Hagbane2 21h
21h Pet Passive Macro Since pathing is so horrendous in BFA and esp in uldir there are a lot of times when your just needs to be reset I've created a macro to help and I find it wildly effective. It will put your pet on passive and cause it dash back too you. Should also help with target switching since you can then Kill Command and have your pet instantly dash to a target. #showtooltip "petpassive" /petpassive /cast Dash(Basic Ability) Hope this helps I have tested it out with great wonders on the first two bosses on uldir and I created it assist with target switching on the fetid devourerStripendella1 21h
21h What pet is best for solo tanking in BFA? I am having trouble keeping my (supposedly tanking) pets alive in solo pve with 2 or 3 enemies hitting on it. There doesn't seem to be a big difference between tenacity and ferocity in terms of tanking & surviving ability , while cunning doesn't seem to be able to tank at all. Are there specific animals that make better tanking pets? I know I didn't have that problem during Legion ..Aaria28 21h
1d Animal Companion. Where are you pal? The talent seems to have gotten even worse lately; at least for me. The animal companion sometimes never shows up at all no matter how long I wait. I have to dismiss my main pet and try again. Even on good days the companion takes 10-20 seconds to appear. This is unacceptable blizzard. That's like a warrior having a sword that sometimes only hits half as hard, or a healer who's spells fizzle and don't work. Just because it's a niche talent doesn't mean it can go on this way. Can you please make animal companion a spell that we actively press to summon him? Maybe a 5 or 10 second cooldown?Alerka17 1d
1d Multi Shot needs to be wider Pretty simple, can't even AOE DPS on Zul because all the mobs are greater than the micro window that multi shot uses. So can't trickshot any adds or use the AOE from rapid fire. Please fix this, also a HUGE problem in Mythics as I can't even AOE on more than half the mob pulls in the dungeon because mutlishot isn't wide enough to hit 3 targets. Please fix this soon, thanksDeathscythex9 1d
1d Waycrest manor Bug The boss with the three old hags caused me to have 3 pets. I got mind controlled which caused my main pet and my animal companion pet to swap places. So I dismissed my pet that was in my stables which caused my main pet to not disappear. So I summoned my pet again which caused me to have 3 pets. My first main would sometimes attack the mobs too. https://imgur.com/a/xJYciJLPunknpie0 1d
1d My poor Karkin Crab :( It went from a very unique red, black and white graphic to pale blue. I knew it was coming, but I am sad. At least I got to use him for the last few months before he got altered. I used to get a lot of compliments on him because he was so different looking. He opens and closes his mouth a lot now. It's odd. From http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crabskindarkdiamond To http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crab2_diamondVhale25 1d
1d Tin Foil Hat Time: MM is Busted on Purpose Disclaimer: I said in my title this is some tin foil hat nonsense, so read ahead at your own risk. I firmly believe this is 100% the path we are headed down. Blizzard is intentionally leaving MM busted. They intend to push as many players away from the specialization in advance of their next big change for Hunters and the game: removal of the Marksmanship spec from Hunters, and the creation of a new Dark Ranger hero class to take it's place. I know that’s a pretty bold claim, but allow me to explain before you reply. Firstly, the Dark Ranger hero class. Every other expansion since Wrath has introduced a hero class. Wrath, MoP, Legion, and now potentially the next expansion. That’s not a hard and fast rule, but history is on my side for this conspiracy theory. Given the heavy Sylvannas storyline (Garrosh 2.0?), Nathanos’ presence, and the frequent appearance of Dark Rangers in world quests, it’s not exactly farfetched to think at some point the Dark Ranger could become a playable class in the future. Here’s the rub though: MM historically has already sort of tried to fill that fantasy somewhat. The sniper/lone ranger with Camo, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Serpent Stings, yada yada yada. So how does Blizzard fix this? Well, they remove the Marksmanship specialization, and let the new Dark Ranger class assume that role. "Nitefelina, that makes no &^#*ing sense!" It makes sense from Blizzard’s perspective. Ever since "class fantasy" became a thing, they’ve tried to make the “Sniper” or “Lone Ranger” fantasy fit Marksmanship. The problem Blizzard is facing is “How do I make this ‘Lone Ranger’ styled fantasy fit for Hunter?" This is problematic because Hunter is a class where the two other specializations are very much tied to pet usage, so much so that their design and gameplay (and utility) factors in pet design and utility. Ever since Lone Wolf was introduced, it’s never been balanced compared to using a pet for Marksmanship. In the past the damage bonus synergized and scaled with Marksmanship design so well that it became the default choice. The lost pet utility historically wasn’t meaningful for Marksmanship. Now with Lone Wolf nerfed to 10% and the new pet utility redesigns, it’s flipped the other way. The lost utility is meaningful, particularly in certain content like M+, so Lone Wolf suddenly is less compelling outside of AoE situations. Now we’re back to all three specializations using pets. Unfortunately Marksmanship has no meaningful synergy with theirs because it spent the last several years being designed around a pet-less fantasy. It’s a hollow design of that encapsulates the purgatory of what Marksmanship Hunter really is and how it fits “Hunter” class fantasy that they aimed to restore in BfA. You’re probably thinking, “Ok, but that doesn’t mean they’re just going to delete the spec.” That’s where I tell you that you’re wrong. Demon Hunter proved to Blizzard that they could design a compelling class with only two distinct specializations, and the playerbase will accept it. By removing Marksmanship, you’re left with two very clear and distinct playstyles for Hunter. Hunter would have a high mobility, ranged pet summoner thingy whatever, and a toe-to-toe melee with unique ranged capabilities and side-by-side pet companion. By taking Marksmanship away and moving it to a new Hero class, Blizzard can argue that the specialization didn’t go away, that Hunter design is now more coherent, and for those still wanting a Marksmanship playstyle, buy the new expansion and play the hero class! The hero class is no longer constrained to "Hunter" fantasy, and the Sniper or Ranger-esque design is easier to implement in a coherent manner. I say all of this because of the looming 8.1 patch and the deafening silence from Blizzard about incoming changes for Marksmanship. The specialization is so fundamentally broken that it's optimal talents result in practically no resource management outside of Aimed Shot charges. It's patently absurd design and should have been addressed, at the very least verbally, by the development team that changes are being crafted. We all know too well from Warlords of Draenor that Ion and his “we don’t want you to play that spec” philosophy are legitimate design paradigms at Blizzard. If they intend to make drastic changes, they will absolutely crush a specialization in order to push as many players away from it as possible. They did it with Survival going into HFC with patch 6.2, and they did it to Demonology during BRF. That’s my tin foil hat theory for today. Thanks for reading.Nitefelina15 1d
1d Focus starved BM When hero is up, no problem. But I am finding low spots in fights where I am hovering real low on focus and waiting for enough to come back to use my attack’s. I am used to MM and always casting something. Do I need to change stuff and just wait between casts or is there something I’m missing to not run out of focus? Maybe to many cobra shot? Just hit 120 yesterday, still trying to figure it out, but I hate the downtime when focus is hovering low.Oldreligion12 1d
1d Rapid Fire Use While Leveling in BfA I'm finally getting going with my main alliance character, who happens to be an MM hunter (already have BM as horde). I didn't mind it too much in Legion, though I spent more time watching my screen for procs than paying attention to what was going on around me. I use Icy-Veins for tips, but it seems to me that the only suggested use for Rapid Fire is when you proc Steady Focus and both of your Aimed Shots are on cooldown. Considering I'm leveling, my fights aren't usually long enough where both of my Aimed Shots are out and I run out of focus, and if I need to use Steady Shot my Aimed Shot will usually be back by the time I can make use of the proc. So is Rapid Fire just a complete waste of a skillbar slot until I get to content where my fights are longer, which likely won't be until 120?Necroscourge3 1d
1d You guys want to fix Thrill of the hunt for 8.1? You had all of Alpha and Beta? Still no? K.Kronïe5 1d
1d Explosive shot/trap in camouflage. I don't want them to nerf it, but are our explosive shot/traps supposed to remove camouflage? Because they currently don't. We can spin flags in pvp, or hit the enemy to weaken them, all whilst staying in camo.Awri4 1d
2d Has anybody that is in pvp notice that pets die pretty easily now? I didn't play legion so lot of changes are foreign to me but it seems to me 1 or 2 shots from mele or aoe even healing my pet in pvp does them in. I remember a glyph in cata and wod.Fhrei3 2d
2d I would love if WoW had Corehound Breeding I am new to WoW, and recently I tamed my pair of regular Corehounds. I love the aesthetics of these creatures. It maybe be a dumb idea, but I just think it would be cool to tame Corehounds, that are in game now, but some of them would have a different aspect to them, such as: bigger flame/visual effect, size (could be a specific body part), brightness, etc... Some aspects could be really rare, and would be needed to create different colored Corehounds that could only be created, and not tamed in the wild, some could have different armor on them. The idea behind it would be like in real life, we would breed them to a custom look and color, and if people like that particular breed you created, you could sell the pups. You can even make an in game event, similar to a dog show. It's silly, but I thought it would make the game more immersive than it already is, plus I'm a dog lover. xDSquizzle12 2d
2d Thumbs up for land sharks. Hunters should be able to tame sharks and they just hilariously flop around when they move similar to the boss in Freehold.Puutei0 2d
2d How to Properly AoE in MM? Hello MM hunters, I was hoping to find some advice on AoE in the MM spec. I'm not sure if it's even worth using rapid fire at all in my current build. I have 2 steady aim traits and use the steady focus talent. What I've been doing is opening on any pack with an aimed shot + Murder of Crows, using the 1-2 strong multishots that proc from aimed shot, and then steady shot to 5 stacks before hitting an empowered aimed shot for the cleave. I don't stop casting steady shot until the guaranteed crit procs, which is sometimes more than 5 steady shots (in some cases it takes 10 of them). I find that the only time it's worth using rapid fire is when the remaining adds are about to die and I won't be able to get any aimed shots off. I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do things... I'm so far over focus cap practically all of the time, and I just spam steady shot at full focus to get the 5 stacks for the empowered aimed shots as well as the guaranteed crit. Is it even worth getting 5 stacks + crit each time I want to do an aimed shot cleave? Should I be using rapid fire? My overall in 8-9 keys is around 12k, bosses I pull around 13-14k if I can damage them the whole fight. Any advice is appreciated.Booreck2 2d
2d No Sabertron World Quest Is it my imagination, or has the Sabertron World Quest not appeared since 09/04/18? I have been checking nearly daily for a month and never seen it up. I understand it is supposed to be a rare quest, but never seems a bit extreme. Also, I have noticed that no one has posted anything about it since that date either. I have asked in game if anyone has any information as to how often this was supposed to come up and gotten "crickets" in response. Wowhead does not say either. HELP!Kazimira6 2d