Hunter

Oct 16 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder277 Oct 16
Aug 12 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide50 Aug 12
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Sep 9 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk300 Sep 9
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
22m Rate that Xmog v2 Last thread hit cap. @gunshy: dig the black dragon scale look though I’m not sure the gloves fit perfectly. Bow and helm look great with the set though. 7/10Lekai68 22m
32m Survival Changes and Cunning Pet buff I think everyone wants DW back so lets get that out of the way. With Artifacts gone, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to DW. We can already equip the weapons, we just need the restrictions lifted off of RS and Harpoon. And really, if they give us DW back, I would be happy there. But if we wanted to take it a step farther. Mongoose Strike right now is garbage. Its simply worse than tip of the spear and there is no reason to take it over that or Flanking Strike if you wanted the extra leap. My suggestion is rework Mongoose Strike to be a double attack. Then make it do more damage based on the number of dots on the target. And in addition to that in order to make the build more coherent, give Chakrums more damage in the form of an extra 8 second bleed on your primary target. I think we can all agree that Chakrum right now is cool, but it sucks. Damage is low and the small cone aoe isn't enough to justify it being a last tier talent choice. Lastly - I think we need a buff on Cunning Pets - mainly on their survivability. Cunning Pets die really fast compared to Ferocity or Tenacity pets. But with dps normalized, there is no is really trade off to their squishiness. The use ability is fine for pvp if you need the extra trinket, but they are still so very squishy compared to the other two families. Simple change for Cunning - change the run speed to 5-8% extra dodge for you and the pet. The run speed is useless anyways.Noktic4 32m
44m How to fix MM Aimed shot >applies mortal wounds, 30% slow Lone wolf >tranq shot and pet utility baked into spec, roar of sacrifice changed to hunter castable Disengage, exhiliration >Cds reduced Bursting shot >Stuns for 4 seconds Scatter >Baseline. And I'm happy.Maldici16 44m
51m HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW! Just kidding, if you believe I actually want less stable slots, I have a bridge I can sell you. I got tired of waiting so sorry Cabbie. Also this is post 13,500. I should take a forum break.Natesanders91 51m
1h Lone Wolf needs a serious buff The benefit of having a pet summoned, even in Marksman spec, is so much more than the value of a paltry 10% boost to damage. This needs to be doubled at least IMO to make it worthwhile. Right now it's not even a choice.Kow23 1h
1h Survival or BM for leveling Love survival. Is BM quicker for leveling 110-120?Kodama24 1h
2h Darkmoon deck fathoms Any hunters try out the deck since its was just hot fixed for us ... Please let me know sim numbers please and thank youSwarezlol2 2h
2h Are they gonna let us tame Crawgs? Anyone seen a tamable one yet?Nexzul10 2h
2h MM needs a buff Ya feel me? I'm stickin to it. I'm not changing my gameplay just to suit pushing out big numbers. I don't like BM. And I don't like Survival, at least when it became melee but that's a different topic for another day. MM feels just.. meh. I guess I'll hang in there.Zuzma19 2h
2h Tip of the spear + Alpha predator Is it a good combination? It sounds good on paper but I don’t know if it’s worth missing out viper’s venom. Opinions?Rogu1 2h
3h New Pet System Sucks and How To Fix It The title says it all. You broke pets with this new idiotic system. I told you this would happen as did many other players when you first announced the changes. Ferocity is the only viable spec anymore, it's a better tank than tenacity and cunning is just a joke. Meaning there's a whole slew of pets out there who won't see the light of day because they have less ability to survive and/or don't have the numbers that ferocity has. Bring back the old system of letting us choose our pets and just change their specs. The specs actually worked properly and did their jobs. And for those who whine about "oh but in raiding you needed lust pets or battle rez pets" shut up. First of all, raiding isn't the only aspect to WoW. It's not all about that. First and foremost, the pet is supposed to represent the hunter, saying that I've chosen to travel with this beast as my companion because it's my favorite type of animal or it's incredibly rare to find or whatever. Second of all, the solution to your problem is obvious, and much simpler than how Blizzard broke everything: Pet talents. You just assign different abilities to tiers like how we players have so that as a hunter levels they unlock talents not only for themselves but for their pet. This will allow you to keep your favorite pet in play but allow it to swap out its skills as a situation changes.Marthok22 3h
3h Spirit Beasts Hey guys just rolled hunter for Bfa I played hunter in vanilla. I feel like I never should of put him down they have always been great. Anyways looks like I really need to get my hands on a Spirit Beast. Ideally I want Skoll but are there any that are really easy to get? Don’t want to spend days camping I just want to get into the action already with a good pet for BMDrèd6 3h
3h Brutosaurs.. Why on earth can we tame giant devilsaurs? But not brutosaurs which are equally as big and perhaps even smaller then the devilsaur on some occasions.Kivix4 3h
4h Hunter res So I'm pretty new to hunter and I've been searching around quite a bit to see about pet res. So only BM hunters can res? And just the ugly quillen pet? It appears a lot of the cool pets have useless abilities that make it worse of to pick them, or at least losing a lot of good abilities. Thank you in advance. Loving hunter other than this aspect.Squidding2 4h
4h BM or survival for mythic+? Which one do you think will be the most viable spec for mythic+?Zacheus14 4h
4h Trying to find a certain bear and its driving me crazy Yesterday whilst i was questing in stormsong valley, I stumbled upon a species of bear that was blue-black in color and had glowing blue eyes like a death knight, i cant seem to find them now and its driving me insane because i swear i saw them there. I've tried looking them up on the petopia website and ive tried google imaging them and still no luck. Does anyone know which bear im describing?Borntohuntu5 4h
4h Bird Pet Animations Suggestion Can birds please get some sort of new animation after you tame them where they at least land on the ground and chill when not moving or something? It really ruins having a bird as a pet and they're just flapping nonstop when you're standing there and it doesn't make any sense.Kirela0 4h
5h How Surv? Hello. I'm looking into Surv hunter to play. I'm coming from a Ret paladin and I like the idea of a melee toon with a pet that not undead "DK" One of the things that turn me away from Legion Surv was their damage and how hard they had to play to even do anything. I've tried Surv a little in trial just now but I can only get so much data on raid dummies. They do feel smooth, not a lot of buttons which I like. That why I'm asking Hunters. I also like BM but not a fan of archery for long term.Rosenoa10 5h
6h BFA tank pet nerf Ok with them removing pet specs, how durable will tank pets be? they are losing their ability to get 40% increased heals on top of becoming critable again.. So how bad is it going to hurt hunters as far as soloing things like elites?Eckoh25 6h
6h Quivers (but hear me out...) It's kind of annoying that we don't have quivers. Thas'dorah added them, and it was cool (although it made your cloak perma-stiff because it counted as you having a weapon sheathed, but I digress). It's even more annoying to find that in BfA they keep giving NPCs quivers with new models but we can't get them as players. The link is a picture of some random NPC in Waycrest that has a brand-new quiver model. How hard is it to add a simple bag slot only for Hunters where they could equip different quivers, or even give us a slot to transmog them? I just want my quiver back :( (ammo puches for guns would be cool too.....) https://imgur.com/a/Bk7SorMSunshot9 6h
6h Dual wield pls Cmon I just want two axes.Nubuck13 6h
6h Taming iron juggernaut How do i tame mini iron juggernaut. I gatherd all the peices and have the mecha matrix thing and when i made it it was the exact same level as me can someome please let me know whats up with that im begging u its litrally one of the pets id die forÐroko0 6h
7h What makes BM OP? I understand Im just leveling so Ill get that out of the way first, but from what Im seeing after playing warrior and rogue the damage isnt INSANE by any means to me. Killing mobs is okay. Can pull way more and not die as a warrior. Havent died but seem to be going at an okayish pace. I dunno, Im just curious after reading a bunch on other forums and people mentioning BM as some crazy OP dps spec. Any input is appreciated!Basutai6 7h
7h Why is every decent looking pet untamable. EVERY GOD DAMNED ONE. Evert pet that I would want, off limits or stuck behind a meticulous grind. Thanks, what a game. This is conducive to fun.Snackies30 7h
7h Predator's Thirst Bugged? I don't see any healing for my pet, by my pet in the game log, Details or on floating combat text. Is it bugged atm?Zamwesell0 7h
7h Main may be Hunter? I kinda want my main to be an Orc Hunter. It's just all those levels are in my way xD (kinda talking to myself haha) but anyways, orc hunters ftw!Zarmurox9 7h
7h Lone Wolf passive pet spec issue How do i force myself to get one of the passive effects? I thought when you dismiss a pet, you'd get the passive and active effect of that pet's spec. But when i dismiss my giant bee pet(which is ferocity so i should be getting leech passive and primal rage active), i get the effects of a tenacity pet(bonus hp passive and defensive cd active). What am i doing wrong?Meanhiggins15 7h
8h Twin Pets I hope to see twin looking pets return to BfA. I actually hope that it becomes a permanent feature for BM hunters.Katress5 8h
8h Tranq/Dispel Macro Hi guys, just sharing my macro for Dispel/Tranquilise that works for different pets. I use a nether ray or spirit beast in dungeons (spirit beast if someone else has Hero). This macro ensures I can keep dispel on the same button no matter which pet is out. /use [pet:Nether Ray] Nether Shock; [pet:Spirit Beast] Spirit ShockAewendil0 8h
9h Aggro issues Anyone notice how pets are aggroing mobs your not attackingHappyhuntz0 9h
9h pets getting stuck again they did something in legion that fixed the issue, by having the pet port to you if it sense it got stuck. but it seems like its back in bfa. sucks having to constantly dismiss againFudgebucket0 9h
9h Ok, I'm dumb Why does my spirit beast run beside me and I don't even have him out as a pet? He is in the stable. Have not played Hunter in awhile.Mikebreezy1 9h
9h How is the AOE damage on Survival and BM? Just checking in hunters to see how these 2 specs are working out with AOE damage. What do you think?Tinzen3 9h
9h Forced to face target Is there a way to turn this off? It's really annoying and I'm actually not playing my hunter just because I can't find a way to turn this off.Tables18 9h
9h MM Hunter Explosive Shot Bugged So just noticed my explosive shot is legit just not working it takes 20 focus and instantly refunds 10 and doesnt shoot it just does the firing animation then goes on GCD and acts as if i didnt use it before the end of its radius please tell me if this is happening to you or its just me...Bafools14 9h
10h Dual Wielding Survival Why now that the stupid forced 2 hand survival artifact weapons are gone that survival is still forced to only using two handed weapons? All I want is to dual wield. Hunters are allowed to equip 2 1 handed weapons together but you can't use any of your main spells. Also, because of spec specific personal loot now and survival only limited to 2 hands you can't get 1 hands from dungeons/raid/quests. Please change this! There are many hunters who want dual wielding back. It's not just hunters either. Plenty of Unholy/Frost DK's like the option to have either a 2 hand or 2 1 handed weapons. Same goes for monks. Please blizz let me use one handed weapons.Felashe5 10h
10h With the addition of animal companion... a portable stable master is a must i like to mix and match my pets. for a long time i was using 2 different color wolfhawks named freki and geri. anytime i had to switch my main pet it felt dirty like when you get a new piece of gear and it looks ugly with the rest of your x-mog. another thing they could do is something similar to the companion pet system UI so i could just change my companion on the fly to anything i've tamed instead of just the first slot of the stable.Dynamesia0 10h
10h Survival - Why did nobody tell me? Why did nobody tell me how incredible Survival is? With my rogue I leveled to 120, I'd be lucky to make it out of 2v1 encounters alive. Even 1v1's were tough. It would also take me forever to kill the mobs also. With Survival, I can practically pull an entire area, take zero damage, and kill them all with a few hits. Have they always been this beast since the change?Stabúla18 10h
11h Pack Alpha + Animal Companion Has anyone tried this out to see if it is of any comparison? I'm not looking for 1:1 as far as if its as good as or better than Primal, but I would prefer to use two pets for fun if its similar enough. If not it is what it is, but hey two dinosaurs is better than one right?Demonsnipe4 11h
12h Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms not working for BM/MM I am sure there is a long list of things "not working" right now in BFA. Just wanted to vocalize my frustration that Darkmoon Deck trinkets work correctly for every spec in the game, except BM and MM. https://www.wowhead.com/item=159125/darkmoon-deck-fathomsZenjí3 12h
12h Enjoying MM? Let's chat! I was interested in starting a discussion for people that are enjoying MM (maybe to include people that are playing MM, but not necessarily enjoying it as much as they want) in order to discuss what they are doing to most enjoy the playstyle. I have really enjoyed MM so far in BFA. I realize some of the disadvantages in playstyle and utility that it brings to the table, but I still find it quite fun to quest with. That being said, what are the talents that you guys are finding to be most efficient/fun? What hasn’t been working? (15) I am play Master Marksman for the reduced focus, and I don’t feel like the other two talents are as efficient while leveling. Stuff dies so fast that both Murder and Sting would be meh imo. (30) Careful Aim is really strong for 1-3 shotting all non elite mobs. I could see the other two shining in dungeons maybe, but I haven’t done any yet as I have been focusing on clearing all of the zone quests. (45) I took Trail Blazer for the movement speed because I don’t feel like the other 2 are necessary. If things get harder as I level I may go Natural Mending for the heal. (60 I have Streamline, purely because I don’t cast Steady Shot enough to warrant Steady Focus, and Hunter’s Mark doesn’t provide enough value on most of the stuff I am killing. (75) Posthaste purely for mobility. Like some other tiers, if content gets more difficult to solo, I could see Binding Shot or Born To Be Wild getting more value, but I haven’t felt the need for them yet. (90) Double Tap is amazing. It smashes elites with Rapid Fire, Barrage is too unpredictable with its range, and is pretty meh on the damage. Lethal shot seems really nice, but like above, I don’t really cast that many Steady Shots for it to have a lot of value. (100) Lock and Load purely for mobile damage and some additional burst. I have been wanting to try Piercing Shot, but haven’t yet. Calling the Shots seems meh, since Trueshot is usually up when I need it (which is only on elites or if I get cocky and pull way too many mobs). What are your thoughts about talents/playstyle/gear/etc? I pretty much grab anything that is an ilvl increase, and am waiting until I am closer to 120 to do dungeons (this may be the wrong choice, but I am really enjoying questing right now). Thanks, have a great day!Yippey39 12h
13h how is bm? how is bm so far? what's their weakness and strengths? hows their aoe and burst? thanksLolmaru25 13h
13h Guns vs bows Anyone notice Certain guns for there damage just say a flat dmg like 535.. Where as other weapon like bows have a range like 435 to 535... This intended or a bug ... If not a bug which would be better the one that just does 535 always?Swarezlol4 13h
13h Pet specialization? Is anyone else having their pets from the stable in the wrong spec? Some of my spirit beasts are showing up with as Tenacity instead of Ferocity?Zannae7 13h
13h Ok need advice. So I mained this guy years ago, many years ago. Heck spirit bond was the final 31 point talent last time I maimed him. Anyway, I miss my original character and want to return to him ( nostalgia reasons). The two ranged specs which is more fluid and better for mythic + at 120?Burlo2 13h