Hunter

Oct 16 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder277 Oct 16
Feb 4 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela54 Feb 4
Nov 14 Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide42 Nov 14
Sep 9 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk300 Sep 9
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
12m Hunters deserve a 4th spec - Context So there already exists a class with four specs in the game: Druids. Originally the reason for this was because Feral served as both a melee DPS via Cat Form and a tank via Bear Form. However eventually they wanted to split them into two separate specs so that each one could get the proper attention it deserved rather than having half of its talents cater to the other 'half' of Feral. Now we have both Feral and Guardian as a result. So, Blizzard gave Druids a fourth spec to prevent one of their specs from being watered down while trying to satisfy two completely separate playstyles. It was a move that made sense and was an excellent decision. Enter Survival. It was a ranged spec with unique ranged attacks and abilities. Since the start of Legion it has instead been a melee spec with melee abilities and no sight of the old ranged Survival. So what is the situation? Melee Survival now exists and ranged Survival does not. An entire spec was deleted from the game. Compare this to what happened with Druids. They got four specs to satisfy those who wanted to Feral DPS and those who wanted to Feral tank. Instead of just deciding to make Feral only one or the other they chose to err on the side of player satisfaction and gave them a fourth spec. Hunter is in a much worse situation right now. Not only is ranged Survival completely gone, but they are trying to take melee Survival and tack on more ranged abilities in order to try and appease the ranged Survival players who have been asking for ranged Survival back ever since it was announced to be removed in Legion alpha. They appear to be trying to satisfy both crowds by taking one spec and making it an amalgamation of two. This is literally the same exact situation Feral was in before they split it off into Feral and Guardian. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Hunters deserve a fourth spec. Imagine what would have happened if they just removed Druid tanking or Feral DPS from the game? Heads woulda rolled. Essentially the same thing happened with Hunter. Blizzard, you need to just give us a fourth spec. There is no other way this is going to end up positive. You will disappoint a lot of people by never returning ranged Survival. You will disappoint a lot of people by removing melee Survival. You will disappoint a lot of people by trying to make Survival an amalgamation of melee and ranged. Just give us a fourth spec so that we can have both ranged Survival and melee Survival. That is the only way you can fix this problem that you created.Spinnerdh87 12m
1h Changing pet from ferocity to cunning. Hunter pet trainer near dummies in SW says "each pet can be ferocity, cunning, tenacity, etc etc" Then goes on to say "Each pet comes with a default specialization, but you can change it if you like." So, is she lying, or is it the case you can respec your cunning spider to be tenacity?Hanjo6 1h
2h Keep Survival Pure Melee Pls I doubt this will actually make a difference, but hey can't get what I want if I don't ask. I just wanted to voice my opinion on keeping survival a pure melee spec, not this weird hybrid spec that is currently taking shape in BfA. I've been maining survival almost all xpac, (yes I'm aware i logged out as BM) and I've really come to like the playstyle. I was very much hoping that Blizzard would just clean up the spec a little bit, but keep the core gameplay. The mongoose bite buff window mechanic is very fun, and I would like it to remain a core part of the spec not just a talent. I would suggest that instead of overhauling the spec again for the second expansion in a row maybe just clean up some of the ability bloat. Lacerate could go, caltrops as well, better interaction between flanking strike and raptor strike or just removal of one of them, and keep the fury of the eagle finisher idea. I never saw the survival change as "hunters hit 100 or 110 and forgot how to use a bow." I saw it more as we embraced the idea of a rugged survivalist. I can tell you if I was trying to survive out in the wild a spear is one of the first tools I would make (Eagle scout's honor).Readyfireaim154 2h
2h New Hunter Alright not to make this long, just made a hunter, and have not played since WoTLK. What do you guys think is the best spec for leveling and early end game for a new hunter/player. And yes I have watched videos and read a lot, but I'd like some more input on the topic. Thanks! *EDIT* Never played a hunter back then, was a ret/prot pally.Kruuez1 2h
2h Why did you pick hunter? More specifically what made you pick the race/class combo that you did? For example I have mained this character since launch of vanilla and way back then I was playing quite a bit of diablo 2. My favorite class there was the druid, specifically werewolf with wolf summons. Now I am sure it wasn't the optimal way to play druid, but it sure was fun haha. So when WoW was coming out I knew that I wanted a pet class. I have also been enthralled by the trolls of warcraft since WC2 and WC3 just cemented that love of da voodoo. So upon learning that hunters had pets and were an option for trolls I have never looked back! (Side note, I think this is a large reason why I actually really like survival in its current form. Flanking strike is my favorite spell purely for the flavor of the cooperation between hunter and pet.) Anyways, I would love to hear other how my fellow hunters got into the class and also the race that you play. It doesn't have to be anything other than "it was optimal" I am simply curious. Happy hunting!Aradrath46 2h
3h Kill Command for SV? What? The entire BM kit is built around Kill Command, which I hated, now we're getting it with SV too? That is so damn lazy. They have no idea what to do with SV. I would have loved to have been in that conference room meeting, I would have had that employee tasered and removed for even suggesting it. Kill Command, ffs Blizzard, I like playing SV because my pet is utility, not the focus of the spec, if I wanted to have my pet be the focus I'd go with BM and stand 40 yards back bored to tears spamming KC.Tarkir14 3h
3h The Survival Hunter Revamp to end all Revamps I posted my ideal changes for SV in the Class Development forum and on reddit. Although it looks like a big revamp, its really not. It just makes the mongoose window less about spamming one button, and the downtime between windows more meaningful. It also brings Aspects back in a cool way. The Rework: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17PJbhcfcapLOoCcpgExn4T6lqZBEcr95xW0lsQ9C0Sc/edit?usp=sharing Thread discussing rework in Class Development forum: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761737116 Reddit Post https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7wcvdk/bushs_bfa_survival_hunter_rework/Bushsbuddy50 3h
3h Rate That Xmog Last thread filled up!Vlorah478 3h
4h Blizzards Response to Pet Spec locking https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762076019#post-1 You can’t post there without beta access so post here. It looks like Blizzard is really excited about this system and wants it to stay. The one good piece of information they gave though was that all the old passives like blood of the rhino, great stamina, spiked Collar, combat training, etc. are confirmed to be baked into all 3 specs. I don’t know how they can say that they want all 3 specs to tank the same when tenacity gives bonus health and a damage reduction ability. How are those not tanking tools? EDIT: I really think they should make bloodlust baseline to all 3 specs and give Ferocity a new active. If they want bloodlust to be the “raid utility” that hunters bring then they need to make it as easy to use and access as it is for shamans and mages. Ferocity needs a real active ability to help it compare to tenacity and cunning.Yaldrik105 4h
4h Tameable Oondasta? Perfect time for it. Been my dream pet since MoP.Gyula3 4h
4h Adding a shot to BM Hunter Share ideas for Shots and abilities that BM Hunter could use to help the rotation. EDIT: I’ll keep changing this post if people keep coming up with better ideas. Sorry for any confusion when reading the next few posts. NEW IDEA 1) Make Chimaera Shot baseline as the following ability: Chimaera Shot: A two-headed shot that hits your primary target and another nearby target, dealing Nature damage to one and Frost damage to the other. 40 yard range, instant cast, costs 40 focus, 20 sec cooldown. 2) Fill in Chimaera Shots empty talent slot with the below ability or some other talent that helps generate/manage focus Cobra Commander: your focus costing abilities have a chance to cause your next cobra shot to cost no focus 3) Redesign the Venomous Cobra talent to reduce the cooldown of Chimaera Shot by 1 sec when you cast Cobra Shot. OR this talent could reduce the cooldown of chimaera shot by 3 seconds when you cast Kill Command. That would creat a playstyle of Cobra Shot gets you more Kill Commands and more Kill Commands gets you more Chimaera Shots. ________________________________________________________________________________ ANOTHER INTERESTING IDEA ... Jagged Shot 40 yard range 10 sec cooldown Costs 20 Focus Shoot the target with a jagged shot dealing physical damage and causing the target to bleed for 8 seconds. Pets, guardians, and Dire Beast’s auto attacks deal bonus physical damage to the bleeding target. Idk, just thought I’d make a post to spark discussion. Like it, hate it, let me know.Yaldrik27 4h
7h HCT LXV: Cheers and all that stuff ...apparently I capped the previous thread. Oops. What are your plans for the holidays? Me, I think I'll drink lots of eggnog, eat lots of cookies and ice cream, and pray for snow to hit my parents' cabin.Watermist264 7h
7h Increass? https://imgur.com/C4kt7jV Is this known? I'll leave it here just in case. x) Edit: Better view of pic.Wtfbarbecue2 7h
8h Bm hunter bfa let down Bm hunter pvp is bad in legion compared to even wad. And it was bad in wad somewhat. Its slowly gotten way more trash of a pvp spec. A pure dps class with virtually no healing. For the last 4 patches ive considered quitting its been so weak. In 2v2 arena it has a hide and seek niche that keeps it performing somewhat. But in any other bracket it is disturbingly awful and gimped. Blizzard nerfed half our kiting utility or more and still managed to lower our staple spec burst that wed always had at the same time. In bgs as an xrank 1 bm player i couldnt get more than halfway up the dps meters while being ignored and free casting the hole game. As if i dont know my own rotation or something. Bm has to go so hard into dampening in arena to kill anything yet our kiting is nerfed too. Now i look at the patch notes for bfa expansion coming out. And these ignorant changes happen even though im being trained every 3s game without a breath and cant get away by double melee cleaves. And casters in a standing fight are doubling my dps so i cant have a boxing match with anyone. Please fire whoever has been in charge of bm hunter they obviously have no idea what they are doing. I coulda had this spec fixed 4 patches ago. Its a bad joke. Ur seriously allowing us to be trained into the ground and now ur nerfing concussive shot with a 3 second downtime. Taking post haste freedom down to 50% run speed from 60% and down to 4 seconds from 5 seconds. Good melee that arent ignorant are already training us to dead. U know those melee that wait for ur disengauge before they use charge or death grip. War charge cd is 20 seconds. Hamstring no cooldown. But then they get heroic leap also and double charge if they want it. So bm having disengauge is a waste of time if its a good warrior as is. Now its gonna be way worse even as a good hunter. Concussive shot downtime is just plain ignorant revert it. As is also the new dps talent changes are stupid as well venomous bite was going to make cobra shot take 1 second off of kill commands cooldown. Now its going to take only 1 second off of beastial wrath. Dumb change now people will have to take stupid killer cobra again. Hate it. There were other disgusting changes but im not wasting any more breath if bm sucks in bfa first week im just finally done. To my followers sorry been a long time coming. Only wanted to play bm and this specs becoming a joke i just want to go back to bc bm hunter. At least we were strong back then.Thuperduper6 8h
10h Friender Puzzel Unsolvable Is it possible one of the puzzles is bugged out after spending 5-10 trying to get 2/3 I cannot seem to get the last one. I have been putting in as many different variations as possible for the last 30min and i cant get them all to light up. Ive tried left to right and all that good stuff.Tayk1 10h
10h Hunter class design After leveling every class to 110 and completing the mage tower challenge for most specs so far. It really got me thinking. How did hunter class design end up this horrible. They really really seem to have no idea what to do with hunters. Or even what hunters are. Does any class dev actually even play hunter? How can you be this out of agreement with your player base and a class?Sürval69 10h
10h Hunter Glyphs Long story short, I find the glyph options for survival (and really all hunter specs) to be extremely underwhelming. Was wondering what kind of glyph ideas you all had out there that might add some cool flavor to the class (thinking specifically of how cool fiery charge and all that is for warriors).Telchaar1 10h
11h Seems I accidentally abandoned a pet. I think. I'm not 100% sure it seems to have just completely vanished out of my pet bar and stables, and I don't remember abandoning it. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but it's one of the argus cats, which apparently the talbuks have had their drop rate returned to the original 7.3 drop rate of stupidly low rng on the fresh talbuk meat and I'm going to have to genocide them again. Gonna put in a ticket for giggles just to see if I get a kill count on talbuks into the thousands first, or a GM decides to take a look at my problem.Shyeer10 11h
11h Smallest pet possible Hey guys, I've been looking for the smallest pet to have. So far, it seems like seagulls are the smallest I found. Anyone has any info on even smaller pets? Thanks!Wailer12 11h
13h Hunter or WW Monk Both of those classes are at 100.. trying to figure out which to level. My goal at 110: -PvP (random bgs) -WQ's -Dungeons (Maybe some Mythic content) I know BfA is around the corner, so I don't plan to get too involved in any of those goals. Thanks for reading!Greenz6 13h
15h Transmog Woes Hi Bliz, could you pretty pretty please give us some hunter transmog sets that doesn't look like the undead, the murlocs and all the dragonflights had a little too much fun together? Also, does anyone have any favourite transmog sets that are a little off the beaten path, so to speak? I'm badly in need of some inspiration :(Vimm28 15h
17h My unresolved issues as a hunter So I just posted this numbered list in another thread but then I realized that thread had "Blizzard" in the title and therefore would probably never get any attention by anyone who actually works at blizzard. As someone who has been playing on and off for every expansion since the end of Vanilla, Legion has been one of the best expansions for me by far. I've never put this much time into the game or tried so many times to talk to Blizzard and get answers or give feedback. Many things have been amazing with Legion and I am looking forward to BfA but I still want to try and get some answers and hopefully some changes for hunters so here I am on the forums where I was told I had to put this. I honestly don't expect I'll ever get any answers and I am somewhat used to being ignored as a hunter after all this time but I figured it can't hurt to try... So here we go! 1) Please get rid of that old stable. It's obsolete, it's extremely restrictive, it's not fun, it's not needed. Get rid of it. Change it to something like mounts and battle pets but with elements of the Appearances tab because many pets share the same appearance, basically a fusion of all 3 of those things into something modern. Could you imagine if you found the Big Love Rocket but you could only have 55 mounts in the game and you had to delete one of your cherished rare mounts? Hunters have to face this dilemma every day. It's not fun and it's really disheartening that we get ignored for asking for this change. 2) Don't make "heritage" pets please. I decided to main hunter in legion against all logic and instinct, I did it anyway. It was my first class I ever played, I love hunters in any rpg that has anything like a hunter, it's my favourite rpg fantasy. I race changed to void elf and I still can't even have a void warp stalker. Why? You want to look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me my void elf hunter doesn't deserve to have that pet because I didn't throw away thousands of hours of effort I had already put into my main? Even my race changed void elf will have access to the heritage armor after my void elf warlock reaches 110. Stop ignoring this, you promised you would communicate with the players more and you haven't proven this to be true during legion AT ALL. Please communicate with us. 3) Don't lock our artifact weapon transmogs in BfA to specs. Despite being one of the best expansions ever, Legion had so many disappointments for my BM hunter. Some of the biggest disappointments were the decision to give all the good looking bows to MM hunters, and the really REALLY ugly guns to BM. So only MM hunters can use bows? Can I please access the MM artifact appearances I've unlocked in BM spec? It really has felt like you've been trying to shove MM down my throat for over a year now. Want any raid to take you seriously? Go MM. Want any of the decent artifact appearances? Go MM. Isn't that obsolete stable making you rip your hair out deciding which pet has to go so you can tame a new one? Just go MM, they don't even use pets ;) 4) Make hunters viable in PvP again. I used to have some extremely useful tools in my kit for PvP. I've never felt this useless and underpowered in a PvP setting before. Anything that wears plate is basically immortal now and I have absolutely no hope of killing it unless they are severely undergeared compared to me or simply have no idea what they are doing at all which almost never happens and you should never expect that to happen. Again, MM seems to be somewhat respectable in PvP, but as I said, it really does feel like you just want all hunters to be MM now and to hell with the other 2 specs. 5) Don't lock pet family specs again. Changing pets to be able to use any spec depending on what your needs were was a great change. It turned pets into transmogs basically, giving plays more control over their rpg fantasy. Have a thing for turtles? No problem, just get a turtle pet and use whatever spec is best for what you want to do. Really want that rare spirit beast or that Fenryr? No problem, any pet can do what you need it to. You're just going backwards with the pet family locking again. Not a good idea. 6) Can we please not have massive gaps on the dps charts? I was going to mention how broken tanks have been in PvP but you did already address that as far back as blizzcon and it looks like those fixes are finally starting to come through but my goodness are there ridiculous differences in classes still. My ilvl 960 BM hunter is still doing 25% less damage than other classes, sometimes the difference is much worse than 25%. Why is WW monk or ret paladin or whatever class you choose to make op so much better? We have the same ilvl, the same 4 piece set, yet theres just these massive differences in classes and it's very frustrating to feel like you are just so much weaker than everyone else just because you love BM and you don't want to stop playing your favourite class/spec. 10-15% would be somewhat understandable but 30-50% is just absurd. 7) Lastly and most importantly, can we please have more communication? I already mentioned this in #2 but it must be said until it is done. We need more Q&A's, we need more of a presence from Blizzard on the forums and on reddit and twitter. Maybe do a Q&A every 2 months or so? Have a social media team that can act as a bridge between the developers and the community, relaying feedback and answers and just helping deliver on that promise to start communicating with us finally. I'm sorry for the long post and if I came off as angry anywhere in there, I'm not angry. I just want to be heard and I would really like to see any, if not all of these issues addressed eventually. I'm not asking for hunters to be op, I'm not complaining about Legion like it was a failure because it's not. Legion has been an amazing expansion and I'm very happy overall, I just wanted to hear something from Blizzard about any of this for once because I kept hearing about how they promised to talk to us and listen to us but I don't really see any of that anywhere. I saw a REALLY old thread that had like thousands of posts in it but I don't see how that is helpful considering that post was made at the start of Legion well over a year ago now. Thank you for anyone who did bother to read this, happy hunting!Faelindra5 17h
19h Hunter Pet Slots in Stables When is Blizzard going to give Hunters more Stable slots? They keep giving us all these wonderful new model pets, pet families, and types, to tame, but I have completely run out of places to put them! I have even gone through and removed pets I don't use, and feel I can spare. Still, I do not have room for more pets. I also have all five slots on my character filled. Please Blizzard, give Hunters more Stable slots! Thanks!Kinners29 19h
19h My Idea On Survival Theme - Change To Ranger? So, this is just an idea I was thinking of the other night. I was hesitant to hear the forums thoughts on it since...well...you know people and the WoW forums usually means not nice things lol. So, first I would like to mention that people love the Ranger class. We never had one because it is way to close to a Hunter class. So, if we chnage the name of Survival to Ranger, the nwe have a new spec theme / name to go along with it better. Like Combat Rogue went to Outlaw. I am not sure what melee has to do with Survival, I feel I can survive better with a bow in the wild that a melee weapon personally lol, and I am a IRL Hunter . What got me thinking of this, if the TERRIBLE hand crossbow used to apply serpent sting. This is not Diablo 3 Demon Hunter this is a true to the wilds Hunter class lol. I am thinking personally that a revision of Survival to Ranger with Melee and Ranged will be fresh and a cool new thing for us to try. As a Hunter, you should without a doubt know how to handle a bow, crossbow, or rifle. I think being able to equip a 2H weapon in the mainhand slot and a bow in the offhand would be epic. To further customize your hybrid style, I like the talents offering a gadget/trap, a melee talent, and a ranged talent. So the player can select what style they wish to choose on their hybrid Ranger spec. I know these types of equipment options can be done. When I equip blades of the fallen price, it is one item that applies dual wield weapons. THis method can be used if people would prefer dual wield and a bow over 2H and a bow. While I am not picky if it is DW or 2H, so are and I respect their wish to have that style. More options for players the better IMO, but for me DW or 2H either is fine. I am going to actually leave my thoughts here and see how it is taken first. I feel like some of you who do not chew me out for posting an idea may have good input and together we can think of a design that would be better than what Survival is live and in alpha. I personally have longed for a Ranger style in WoW, and this could be the way to implement it. I also think maybe more traps should go to BM or Marksman and Survival could be more Ranged / Melee and Dots themes rather than lobbing tar traps when we will be viable at whatever range we are at. Just another personal thought on that one lol. TL:DR - Convert Survival to Ranger (like Combat and Outlaw change) and make it a full on Melee with some Ranged DPS. Equip 2H in main slot and ranged in off hand. No reason a Hunter can not still wield a Bow and have Melee as well.Vaerth15 19h
22h Discussion on Beast Mastery Hunter I wanted to give my thoughts on why BM hunter feels so off, why it feels like were sitting on our hands waiting for focus sometimes, and what we as a spec need to function/feel better. I see BM hunter being in danger of not seeing the changes it really needs because nobody is talking about the spec. Personally, and this is really just me objectively speaking, but I don't really see a whole lot of difference between WoD BM hunter and Legion BM hunter. People will disagree and that's fine. This is only an opinon. What was the rotation in WoD? Casting Arcane Shot to dump focus and then cast Kill Command among your other instant cast focus costing abilities (aMoC, Barrage, etc.) on cool down and then casting Cobra Shot a few times to get focus back and then do everything all over again. What do we do in legion? We cast Cobra shot to dump focus and then cast Kill Command among your other instant cast focus costing abilities (aMoC, Barrage, etc.) on cool down and then weaving in Dire Frenzy almost on cool down (to manage your stacks) in between everything to keep your focus up. We've basically just changed up how our focus generator works from (basing this off WoD and Legion values): Cast for 2 sec to get 14 focus, wait for the 1-1.5 sec GCD, repeat once more, cast whatever else you want. (28 focus gained in 6-7 sec) TO Cast Dire Frenzy to get 24 focus over 8 sec, wait for the 1-1.5 sec GCD, cast whatever else you want. (24 focus, or 36 focus with Dire Stable, in 8 sec) _____________________________________________________________________________ The amount of available spells to cast is basically the same from WoD to Legion the only difference now is that we just got 5 more seconds to cast stuff by switching from the old Cobra Shot to Dire Frenzy. This is what I think throws people off. Now that you have more time to cast stuff people tend to fire off another Cobra Shot or whatever other ability is available. We're essentially firing off focus costing abilities with nothing to slow us down. Now you're out of focus though and Dire Frenzy isn't up yet, so what do you do? You unfortunately just have to wait. But wait... Before, when we were casting the old Cobra Shot to generate focus we were essentially just WAITING to build up our focus again. It FELT like we were doing something because we were casting, but casting is just waiting. The way a spec feels is very important, but even so going back to a casting shot to generate focus is just a placebo to our problem. What we need is something to fill that 5 sec gap. A shot that either doesn't cost focus (or costs very little) or something that helps us generate/manage our focus. I'm trying to give/get ideas for Shots or abilities here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761986816?page=1 Share your thoughts.Yaldrik24 22h
23h Help choosing BM legendaries Hey all, Just started playing again after about a year and got my third legendary. Which two of the three should I use for BM? I'm leaning towards Prydaz and Apex Prydaz Apex Predator's Claw Mantle of Command Also have Insignia quest one.Versed5 23h
1d New Trap Idea. Counterfeit Trap A trap that has the animation from your other traps (can be glyphed to look like the trap you want) and stops them (like rogues distract.) something that you could use to try and bait trinket or other abilities. Figure this could spice things up a bit.Zell16 1d
1d MM Hunter - Need help improving DPS Hello everyone! Looking for some suggestions for my hunter - I'm currently at ilvl 947 and my DPS ranges from 700k - 900k. I've been thru Icy veins and simed myself, but I can't figure out the problem thats contributing to my low DPS. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/sargeras/metuss Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/metuss Stats - 26% Critical Strike 20% Mastery 15% Haste 15% Versatility Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.Metuss7 1d
1d Shadow Singed Fang for BM Is that trinket any good for stomp build ? It does about the same single target damage on average as Prototype Personnel Decimator for me, even though my Shadow Singed Fang is titan forged. Can’t decide which to equip.Qirre5 1d
1d Not sure if anyone has seen or posted this. So, here goes! http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfalooks.phpArkimus19 1d
1d Trail Blazer Should activate after not being directly hit with a spell or ability instead of you not attacking. discuss.Stabsley24 1d
1d When does MM start to feel powerful? Im currently level 55 and this spec just feels super weak, both in dungeons and in the open world. Im not a pro player by any means but I am following guides as far as rotations and such, I have to use black arrow to stay alive but I am making sure i have enough focus to cast two aimed shots in a vulnerable window, not capping focus as much as i can (although its hard since there is really only one spender) My aimed shots typically hit anywhere from 1500-2000dmg right now and have a 2 second immobile cast. in contrast flanking strike quite often hits for 3k+ and is intant, kill command is around 2k-2.5k consistently unbuffed on like a 6 sec cool down, often times my cobra shots are hitting for the same as aimed shots, with vulnerable. am i just doing something completely wrong or is there like a power curve where after i unlock some more stuff MM started to hit harder... it seems like it always tops DPS rankings in terms of hunter specs so Im confused :SWildhardt1 1d
1d Taming Deth'tilac at 110 I went to Molten front to see if i could tame Skarr who was happily up and is now mine. For the heck of it I decided to go see if Deth'tilac was up since on this server so many rares are available and there was the beautiful purple spider.....with 64 million health. Not sure if it was intended that he got buffed like that but after reading how 110s were bringing the spider down to 20% health in 2 shots or accidentally killing it I wasn't expecting that health pool. So after my rez sickness fell off and 5 minutes of kiting this thing its tamed. But wow. Not sure if i'm happy or annoyed that it had that much health when i'm so far above it level wise. I do appreciate not being afraid that I will 2 shot him. So happy taming to those still after this beautiful purple spider.Faelissera5 1d
1d Dire Frenzy management unnecessary? Hi folks! I see my DPS takes minimal to no impact at all whether I manage the three stacks of Dire Frenzy or not. Is it even worth tracking it? If I take One with the Pack, I get so much procs it's always refreshed. If I take Blink Strikes, I have so few procs it always falls off anyway. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! <3Alsol4 1d
1d Tar/Freezing Timer WA ? I found one that times the duration of a trapped target but what about simply just timing when the trap exists and when it will need to be refreshed. Can probably make my own but if someone already has something :)Minstrel1 1d
1d Ancient Hysteria doesn't stay on bar Probably been mentioned before. However, is there a work around for this? It won't stay on my pet bar... TRied reloading UI, disabling addons. Ancient Hysteria just keeps disppear on my pet bar.Leens11 1d
1d Void elf for hunter? what do you guys think? void elf hunter for pvp? or should i go for another race for the alliance? torn between void elf/human/dwarf/NE males, but that teleport seems really usefull for pvp..Faucheur28 1d
1d Charm Beast I'd love to see hunters get an ability similar to Warlock's Enslave Demon or Priest Dominate Mind that only works on beasts. These sort of abilties are fun in the outside world and occasionally give some great strategy options in dungeons (see the Mythic Dungeon Invitational for some very creative use of Enslave Demon) It's these kind of situational but occasionally very fun abilities that can contribute a lot to class fantasy without really worrying about balance issues.Aeskir5 1d
1d So far, Marks looks vastly improved in BFA. http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/marksmanship/c9y It doesnt seem like we are going to be turrets anymore! and when we do stand stil with aimed shots, it looks like they will hit like trucks.. according to a post I read its about 7x more damage then quick shot. still unfinished of course but atleast it looks promising! its not all doom and gloom :DWildhardt13 1d
2d Sniper Shot Outside of ToK and SotA, I have never really found a good use for this talent. However, its really good in the Packed House brawl. Get one off on one of the melee thats pushed in to far, then you can pretty much free-cast on the enemy heals/casters in the back. The added range on such small maps is noticeable and people cant get away from it. Just my 2 copper, thought I would share.Joeboô4 2d
2d How much fun is survival and are they ok 1v1? How do they fare in 1v1 in the world and in instanced PVP? I know they are strong early on however what about later on. Just want some opinions and how the fun factor is Thanks!Minstrel32 2d
2d my thoughts on most of bfa hunter this was written over several days and these are partly first impressions with some after thought put to them. just an fyi, if you think my opinions are stupid, opinions are subjective and you are an idiot for thinking as such. thank you for possibly reading my post. i have it mostly separated into categories that are easy to follow. i didn't really touch bm base abilities because it is mostly the same. it will go bm talents, marksman abilities, marksman talents, survival disclaimer, survival abilities, and survival talents with a brief overall impression at the end of each section. list of opinions on hunter talents and changes. bm cobra shot: deals damage and reduces kill commands cd by 1 second. tier 1 big game hunter: increases the crit chance of your auto shot and cobra shot by 60% on targets who are at 80% hp or higher. not really pet related, serves better as a marksman talent. doesn't even boost pet dps. animal companion: not yet implemented opinion goes here. dire beast: replaces dire frenzy. summons a powerful beast to attack for 8 seconds. generates 20 focus over 8 sec. glad this is a choice. please keep. tier 2 dire stable: dire frenzy generates 12 additional focus. its fine. one with the pack: wild call has a 30% increased chance to reset dire frenzy. fun talent. please keep. chimaera shot: deals damage to up to 2 targets. generates 10 focus per target hit. please get rid of this. it is over shadowed heavily by dire stable. the amount of focus and potential dps stable gives far surpasses this unless you make it absurdly op. edit: nerfed damage and focus generation as of feb 22nd. useless talent made more useless. tier 3 trailblazer: increased movement when you don't attack for 3 sec. this is fine. just lackluster. posthaste: breaks movement impairments and increases movement when you disengage. please just bake this into the class. it doesn't matter how much you reduce the movement speed. the root break is so desired that we will take it forever. there is no choice. farstrider: ability crits can reset disengage. this is worse then trailblazer without a question. this talent would probably be better then trailblazer if posthaste becomes baseline. probably just get rid of this talent. tier 4 venomous bite: cobra shot reduces bestial wrath cd by 1 sec. a bit boring in my opinion. i can definitly see this being a fun talent for others. thrill of the hunt: dire frenzy grants 3% crit for 8 sec, stacking to 3. probably fun in the early game. late game when we get crits galore, will probably become a boring passive we keep up without thinking. a murder of crows: damage over time that resets if the target dies will the dot is active. fun dot. flock of birds peck at people. tier5 binding shot: aoe that roots if a chain is broken for 5 seconds. this is a major downgrade from the stun version. i understand changing it from a stun but an easier root condition or longer root duration would be nice. wyvern sting: puts target to sleep for 30 sec. damage breaks it. 1.5 sec cast time, usable while moving. its fine but should really be instand. 1.5 seconds is a long time when you need cc right away. think aggramar adds. you can't pre target and wastes time. intimidation: pet stuns target for 5 seconds. its fine. with binding shot being changed, this is usable now. tier 6 stomp: dire frenzy causes your pet to stomp for aoe damage. nice alternate aoe talent. barrage: same since mop, the group aggro generator. never use read my sarcastic tooltip, please! stampede: summons a herd that charges for 12 seconds. this will need insane burst damage to compete with stomp. definitly needs a pass. i reccomend using the mop design where it summons 5 guardians and allow them to benefit from beast cleave. tier 7 killer cobra: kill command cd resets when cobra shot is cast during bestial wrath. its fine. aspect of the beast: kill command does an additional bonus based on pet spec. fero: dot. tena: pet takes less damage. cunning: slow. with the pet changes, this talent makes less sense. you will be losing out if you don't have a ferocity pet but lose the benefits of the other specs if you have more then one hunter. needs a major pass in my opinion. spitting cobra: summons a cobra that attacks for 20 seconds. generates 2 focus every sec. fun cooldown. kind of sad this shares a row with killer cobra. overall bm opinion: pretty simple. this is fine as long as the other 2 specs aren't stupid clunky like they were in legion. marksman steady shot: focus generator, usable while moving. call me old school but i'm glad this is back. quick shot: 15 focus, deal damage. aka arcane shot. aimed shot: 50 focus, 2 charges, heavy damage on a long cast. deals more damage to an enemy you haven't hit yet. either needs decent up time on the buff that gets rid of the cast or needs to be castable while moving. rapid fire: 3 sec channel, 20 sec cd, hits every 0.3 seconds (probably scales with haste) for 3 seconds. generates focus. animation needs some work. rapid firing arrows is cool but lining up the attack animations would make it cooler. trueshot: flat damage buff, 3 min cd. please change this. flat damage buffs are immensely boring. please go back to the haste cd. trick shots: aimed shot will hit up to 5 more targets when multi shot hits more then 1 enemy. interesting aoe idea. aoe will suffer if you have to move at all since aimed shot can't be used while moving. talents tier 1 careful aim: aimed shot can do 200% more damage to targets with more then 80% hp or less then 20% hp. interesting idea to make aimed shot like the old kill shot. depends on proc chance for usage. precise shots: aimed shot makes your next 1 or 2 quick shots free. a murder of crows: damage over time. resets if target dies while active. not really a marksman talent. making some kind deep wound bleed from aimed shot would be better. tier 2 bombardment: multishot crits generate 3 focus. a nice to help aoe more. definitly a swap to talent for different fights. volley: multishot can make arrows rain from the sky for damage. kind of wierd. one attack causes another to appear from no where. i'd prefer replacing multishot for volley and let it overlap damage. explosive shot: fires a shot forward. press again for damage at that spot. this abomination of explosive shot should be dead and gone. it isn't fun when you have a rotation you have to pay attention too. that fact you can lose damage if you forget to press the button again makes it even worse. please scrap this. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above description. decent pick but you won't have that speed very often. swiftwind: aimed shot reduces cheetahs cd by 10 sec. omg yes. cheetah won't be a worthless speed boost out done by racials. camoflage: stealth for 1 minute, heal for 2% every sec while active. its a fun ability. won't see use for pve. reccomend making baseline. tier 4 streamline: rapid fire lasts 2 more sec. burst focus generator. niche pick so its neat. steady focus: steady shot reduces its cast time by .25 sec, stacking to 4. any other shot gets rid of buff. if it wasn't for the last part this would be a good general pick. probably won't see use since by the time you get to 4 stacks you are near focus cap. hunter's mark: increases damage done to target. generates 20 focus on target death. only 1 mark at a time. this will definitly see use at some point. if it is off the gcd, it will probably be mandatory for heavy add fights and get macrod to abilities. tier 5 natural mending: exhiliration heals you for 20% more over 10 seconds. good niche pick. over time helps prevent over healing. posthaste: same as above. opinion is the same. binding shot: same as above. opinion is the same. tier 6 lethal shots: trick shots increases the damage or aimed shot or rapid fire by 25%. fine talent. confused why rapid fire is included since it doesn't hit more targets from multishot. rapid killing: each enemy hit by aimed shot from trick shots reduce the cd of aimed shot and rapid fire. sustained burst aoe is a great idea for some add fights. good idea. barrage: same as above. same sarcastic opinion. tier 7 calling the shots: casting quick shot reduces trueshots cd. its fine. not overly fond of it because of trueshot. lock and load: your ranged auto attacks (cause marksman melees apparently) can make your next 2 aimed shot be instand and free. could use a part where it gives at least one charge on aimed shot. the proc could be gone before you can use 2 aimed shots. piercing shot: deals heavy damage to main target and less damage to enemies between you and the target. fun theme appropriate idea. marksman overall opinion: certainly seems like it is taking a turn for the better. marksman in legion was really poorly tested and left in a bad spot. i am hopeful for this iteration. i do believe what we know so far is incomplete so i expect some more fleshing out to come. survival i humbly request you change it from requiring a two handed weapon to being interchangeable with duel wield. restricting to a two hander certainly kills enjoyment for some people. i would like survival a lot more if i could dual wield. you should only restrict weapons for a good reason and one melee ability really isn't one in my opinion. i have no idea how this will play. this part is completely opinion with no testing available since i don't have alpha access. kill command: does damage and generate focus. chance to reset cd. this solves the lack of focus regen for survival. thats all. wildfire bomb: hurl at an enemy initial damage and then an aoe dot. seems interesting. could benefit from a second charge since carve is gone. harpoon: same as legion. edit: harpoon has been changed to a charge system as of feb 22nd. suggesting there may be a way to get more then one charge of harpoon. great for focus regen with a talent. i'm only bringing this one up because it would be nice to be able to cast it at the ground like the rogue chain pull. coordinated assualt: increase damage you and pet deal. kill command has a 30% increased chance to reset its cd. the flat damage buff is still boring but the reset chance is interesting. kill command can't do anywhere near the damage raptor strike does. if it does, then spamming kill command will become the rotation during that cd. aspect of the eagle: increased crit chance (i think, it might be damage) and increased range on raptor strike. its a lot more interesting then the other cd. i request a glyph to change the spirit owl animation on raptor strike to a giant raptor head. think the spirit beast, gon, but just the head. that'd be awesome. talents tier 1 flanking strike: you will hit the target for damage and generate focus if you are in melee when you use kill command. interesting idea. helps you want to be in melee at points. edit: generates 5 less focus and does less damage. the focus part is getting reduced to probably lower the power it has compared to the other talent. terms of enegagement: harpoon generates 40 focus over 10 sec. kills reset harpoon cd. the reset on enemy kills already makes this really good. the focus is a bonus. tier 2 guerilla tactics: wildfire bomb has 2 charges. should be baseline and this reworked since there is a lack of consistent aoe dps. hydra's bite: serpent sting hits 2 more targets and does more damage. good for multi dotting and cleave fights. fun idea. butchery: same as now. i love butchery. i would ask if you don't give wildfire bomb 2 charges, make this baseline. edit: recharge reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds as of feb 22nd. tier 3 trailblazer: same as above. same opinion as first mention. posthaste: same as mentioned. same opinion. camoflauge: same as above. this talent will never see pve use. you can't attack during it and taking damage breaks it making the healing worthless. its better as a pvp talent. tier 4 bloodseeker: kill command applies a dot. 10% bonus attack speed per dot active. a great talent that gives good baseline boost and can be maximized with work. steel trap: replaces freezing trap. roots for 30 seconds and applies a dot. damage not from this spell can break the root. will never see use. the hard cc is too valuable to replace with a root. ranged adds will still attack making this only usable on melee adds. the dot would have to be absurd to ever use. reccomend scrapping. a murder of crows: same as above. doesn't really fit survival. it isn't a bad spell but it is more of a beast mastery spell. tier 5 born to be wild: reduced cd for cheetah and exhilaration. needs to be more then 20% for cheetah. cheetah is a 3 minute cd that is out done by the worgen racial. that to me is messed up. this talent would be fine if cheetah was a 2 min cd. intimidation: same as above. same opinion as above. binding shot: same as above. same opinion as above. tier 6 tip of the spear: kill command increases damage for raptor strike. stacks 3 times. a buff to manage which is nice. mongoose bite: replaces raptor strike. deals damage. more you use mb, the more damage it deals for 14 seconds. i might like this talent since it doesn't have clunky "synergy" with a 45 second cd now. i still think its bad. arctic bola: 40 focus, damage with a 30% slow for 5 seconds. this either needs a reduced cost or a better slow to see use. or it has to do absurd damage to warrant use with another button. birds of prey: raptor striking extends coordinated assaults duration by 1 sec. of course this is good. i would just prefer to change the flat damage buff. primal instincts: using harpoon increases your crit. using disengage increases haste. this is an interesting talent. survival could use farstrider to help keep disengage available for movement use. chakrams: throws 2 chakrams for damage and all between. very fun positioning ability. i love that its back. edit: targets takes 100% more damage as of feb 22nd. survival is certainly looking better then it does in legion. i am eager to see what other ideas you have in store.Axeperson1 2d
2d New to Hunter Hi all, just leveled a hunter and was wondering what good resources are out there? something similar to the rogue discord or ravenholt.net for rogues. ThanksBubbsz1 2d
2d WoW Hunter only Reviewer Is there a WoW critic on YouTube that reviews only the Hunter class as Frostheim did years ago? Thanks, The Tenedia Dawnchaser *hugz*Tenedia0 2d
2d SV leveling tips? Hello Hunters! I've been trying to find a class/spec to level to max for the transmog gear for race. i decided on SV hunter as this is the last chance to play it in this form before its gone. so far everything leveling has been very smooth. anyone that has level SV want to give any tips or feedback on what it was like and what to expect in the different leveling brackets? any rough spots? THANKSEnsø3 2d