Hunter

Mar 15 Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs#comments) *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at http://www.wowwiki.com/InventorySlotId Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, not active) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=2#40 ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder272 Mar 15
4d Hunter and Pet - Soloing Guide Updated 7.15 Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounters, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization\ 3) Talents 4) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 5) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick overview of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. These hard to find beasts will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts - Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. The Turtle / Beetle / Shale Spider / Basilisk / Crab – A pet from any of these families is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, each of these pets have an ability to reduce all damage done to them by 50% for 12 seconds on a one minute CD. Any of these pets are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Qullien / Clefthooves - These two are both beast mastery only pets and should be consider. I don't recommend them as much as any of the pets with the 50% damage reduction, however their ability is also good, especially if you are new to soloing. Upon hitting 40% health a clefthoof will take 50% reduced damage for the next twelve seconds. A quillen is similar, however the damage reduction is only 30% for 8 seconds but it will also heal the quillen for 3% of its health every second for the full duration of the ability totaling to a 24% health regen. These two are easier to use as you don't have to worry about their abilities since they are passive, however their abilities are also on two minute cool downs and cannot be actively used by the hunter. Foxes and Monkeys - Both foxes ans monkeys have an ability to increase their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. They would possibly be a stronger option however this ability is also on a two minute cool down which makes them a weaker choice. Still, being able to potentially avoid damage for a short period of time should be an option to consider. Other Pets – Sadly, most other pets just don't have what it takes to survive very long in dungeon or raid content. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/ --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your artifact traits unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec however due to its extreme emphasis on the hunter, with almost zero focus on their pets as well lacking any threat generation for their pet, MM become the weakest spec to try and solo as. Survival (Surv) – Surv as of Legion is the first true melee spec for hunters. Surv can have good results for soloing world quests / various world content no problem. However surv does not bring many survival tools for your pet or yourself. In addition it lacks any way to hold thread on a target that cannot be effected by your pet’s growl. Surv’s reliance on Flanking Strike can become incredibly difficult and often dangerous to the hunter to maintain. In addition, due to survival's strict rotation and talent choices, dps will take a heavy blow if you wish to solo properly as surv. The main benefit to survival however is the self healing made possible through raptor strike (more on that later) and their passive ability survivalist. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide12 4d
Jan 26 Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela50 Jan 26
Dec 19 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk299 Dec 19
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
40s Switching specs now reset legendary chances? if i switch to my MM spec with no legendaries, do the chances now reset? so that means ill get an MM legendary quick?Captnslammit7 40s
4m Hunters have the farthest Class Hall by far. Played a bunch of other classes, a majority are either right in Dalaran or have a portal spell that takes you directly there. Not Hunters. We have to go to Dal, fly, then ride, then dismount and run to get to the map. Pallys port right from the portal room and the map is right there. Druids have a freaking portal spell that takes them to their class hall AND back. So they can pop right in and out. I guess 4 specs wasn't enough? I'm just frustrated maining my Hunter in Legion. I've mained it ever since Vanilla launch, but I may just have to put it aside this time as hard as that may be. I play the hunter because of speed. I always felt I could get things done fast with it. But if class halls are going to such a big part of the game. No way am I spending the time running back and forth to a crappy hall. It's been said before, but I really think this is an alt class for the Devs.Jagg26 4m
14m giving up on survival why should i bother with a super complicated rotation that does 20% less damage than marksman?Batchakemino8 14m
34m New Multi shot animation is terrible Multishot animation needs to be reverted to actually show what targets we are hitting. At the moment with the new animation there is no way to know what targets you are actually hitting, unlike the pre 7.2 animation which had the arrows actually hit the target. The new animation is nothing but a cleave of white arrows, its impossible too tell if you are actually hitting all the intended targets .Fêuerfrêi37 34m
46m BM pets So I heard that Spirit Beasts are pretty much useless since the nerf to their heals, what is the common pet to use for pve and for pvp? I hear sporebat for pve and pet with mortal wounds for pvp, is this accurate?Gameofbows8 46m
1h Rate the Hunter Name Rate the name above you on a scale of 1-10!Tail258 1h
1h Dire Beast: Basilisk Do any BM hunters use this for random BGs? How is it? I haven't used it yet, I find the Hawk pretty nice for 30 seconds AoE damage on the spot. Is it hilarious watching it maw on someone, or does the thing never connect?Bjorn3 1h
1h How was your day? I've been having a great day thus far! -The scenario to introduce Broken Shore was fun, but it seemed like a no lose situation. -The new zone is fun so far, and the mobs have some new abilities- spitting out yellow ooze. - New world boss (I did one) was fun too, it took about eight of us to bring him down in about a minute. - It took an hour to get a run in the new instance. Great fun but I died four times. Bosses have new mechanics. - Oh, and did I mention, the very first time I opened my class hall chest (last week was first key runs) I find the legendary boots- my second legendary. How has your day been?Tristor11 1h
1h New Hunter Animations Was having a really cruddy day until I logged in and found out about our new animations! Blizz you really saved the day for me with that new Cobra Shot and Kill Command actually feeling like it does something visually when I press the button! With me not playing any other specs other than BM how are you folks liking other animations I haven't perhaps discovered yet? (If there is any) Or how much are you digging the new shots like me?Grimshotz17 1h
2h Murder of Crows sound bugged? While I was playing earlier, I was noticing the Murder of Crows sound pretty often, and while I was out of combat. It was really distracting. It took me a while to pinpoint what was happening... When I cast Crows on a mob, and it died before the duration was up, it would still not trigger the end sound until the natural duration of 15 seconds would be up. And this effect stacks. So if I'm fighting a group of 3 mobs, kill the first target, and apply crows a few seconds later, and then to the final mob a few seconds after that, several seconds after I exited combat, I would hear crows three times. Anyone else experiencing this?Ayrianna6 2h
2h Tome of Hybrid Beast? The NPC in class hall doesn't show it like she does on PTR. Does she only show it if I got 1 point in concordance of legionfall? Is there a new req of a sort to get it?Kumorihanta2 2h
3h Animations are borked... Windburst animation doesn't fire, at all. IF a mob dies while Windburst is casting there's a 50-50 chance you'll get 100% stuck in the "aiming" pose until a relog or a zone (/reload ui wont fix it, not a visual thing, "feels" like broken keyframes, or you left out the "rest" on frame 0 if doing things like other engines). (As a side note... Frostbolt, the bread and butter of a Frost mage, has the same "no animation played" as Windburst, just not 100%, usually after casting something else, they no longer transition, frostbolt casts instead from a default standing/rest pose) Headturning while in combat makes things go "slidey", in that legs also turn, running in a straight line now means I'm sliding in a diagonal line as the animation "state". I take a rather heavy FPS drop from marked shot on an i7 3770k, GTX980 and 8 gigs of RAM, running at Graphic setting 6 (down from 7 Pre-7.1, Down from Ultra Pre-Legion) "something" changed with traps, I can't pin it down, but in full combat, IE: PvP, the mouse cursor can "vanish" leaving the camera locked to your mouse as if in a first person view, can't click a bar if you needed to, as moving the mouse now moves the camera instead until you hit esc... after you're dead. Was any of this tested? How do broken animation states make it past QA this far in? These things happened to me within 10 mins of playing 7.2, Figured maybe it's just me... Few hours, pugs and BG's later... I am now 100% sure Animations are hosed for Windburst and Combat. Have tried entirely clean (Reset UI, clean WTF/Interface folders). edit:spelling.Scatterhound0 3h
4h Should I join the hunter's lodge? For mostly PVE, casual heroic raiding, and mythic+ content: I've played Boomie for the last several tiers. It's getting a bit "ho-hum" for me lately though. I've had little luck with leggies, getting the ring, but not much else for the other 5 that have dropped for me, and Boomies are pretty reliant on certain leggies. I do love the visual updates of 7.2, but aside from that, I have a MM hunter alt I'm considering switching to. I'm actually a fan of the traditional patient sniper/trick shot build, which seems to be the direction they're pushing for 7.2. The playstyle is a nice change of pace from the moonkin. I've got a ton of time invested in the Boomie, but if there's ever a time to swap mains, it's during a major patch like 7.2 when the tier transition is upon us. I'm 901/3 equipped on the moonkin, depending on build, and only 875 on the hunter atm, but again, now's the time to switch if ever. Any long-time hunter feedback, or even more so, others who have switched from something else to the hunter and enjoyed it? I need to focus on one to play seriously for my raid group, so I'm here for opinions which may help me with my indecision. Thanks in advance!Xyndra1 4h
4h unlocking Artifact Traits Ive unlocked artifact traits for BM, but how do I unlock them for MM? Is there another quest? sigh...Evilhoe1 4h
5h New Mechanical Ability: Oil Spill [picture of oil or cogs] Oil Spill 25yd range 10 second cooldown Your pet spills oil, causing the target's movement speed to slow down by 50% for 6 seconds. Please Blizz, there's still time to get it in before S3! I NEED to use the Mechanical Wolves in arena.Ukem8 5h
6h Power Unbound makes Spiritbound go back to 5% Prior to completing that quest my Spiritbound was at 7% (I put points into it to level it up to 7%), after the quest it now says 5%. Is this a bug or intended?Ruiner3 6h
9h HCT LXIII: Dogs and Cats working Together! Well, I capped the last so here's the new. Muffinus tweet about pet AI: https://twitter.com/Muffinus?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor editing this seems problematic grrrGuillotaur358 9h
10h I missed the Hati quest... Where Hati is supposed to be a mentally disabled and or crippled wolf missing a leg incapable of traveling faster than 2yd/second. t is a cruel fate to know that my fate in PVP, my DPS, is decided by this pet who randomly in the middle of a desperate attempt at capturing a flag is standing RIGHT next to me (with my real pet in the middle of battle) despite having /petattack bound to Cobra. What the??!!? Come on Blizz... How is it fair that my Huntard life is riding on your ancient Warcraft 3 engine pathfinding system. You really screwed the pooch with this one.Ukem4 10h
11h Sneaky Snakes or Sneaky Blizzard? So the new BM gold trait causes cobra shot to summon 2-4 sneaky snakes to deal damage. Ok cool so I am Cobra Commander now, but on a more serious note does anywhere show anything about the amount of damage they will do? Or maybe if it scales off of AP or will the damage be double if you summon 4 snakes vs 2 snakes? Survival's is quite simple, it has a chance to do an attack that causes 1000% of your AP, MM does 300% of AP every second for the duration of the Windburst, but I see nothing telling me what this skill will even do. All I can find anywhere is that sneaky snakes will come out and attack for 6 seconds. Will they count towards summoned beasts for Way of the Cobra? I have so many questions and can't find the answers.Sunstride21 11h
11h MM: Lost 85k dps off my sims by logging on. Anyone notice the huge swing? I thought I read something about a minor nerf. 85K is too much and tbh there's no point anymore. Between the new grind and being knee capped, I'm just kind of sick of the roller coaster. If I can't make it work I'm done. There's no point to chase a new tier, or new gear or w.e at this point if they constantly revert us down. Maybe it's QQ but I'm kind of over this spec if I have to climb again to where I was 3 and 6 months ago.Cömanche12 11h
12h BM or MM? I'm making a hunter alt to raid with a guild thats progressing through heroic nighthold. I see both specs are competitive but there is alot of talk about BM relying on legendaries. For a fresh 110 with no legendaries what would you guys recommend? Im leaning more towards BM for the mobility but idk how capable BM is without legendaries compared to MM. Any thoughts pro hunters? I might want to take the char a bit more seriously down the line which is why im concerned about committing to a spec and wanna make sure i made the best choice.Zerums31 12h
13h Aimed Shot glitch For some reason i cannot get my aimed show to have a cast timer. it will still show all the animation but there will be no cast times, my Windburst still has its cast timer. My whole rotation just seems a little "off" since the patch.Daenasus1 13h
14h remember when feign death would drop combat good timesPreso16 14h
14h Character Animation ggKeelif2 14h
15h Kill Command change Previously, using Kill Command would cause your pet to use Kill Command on it's own target, however with 7.2 your pet will attempt to use it on YOUR target instead. For people using a /petattack macro with Kill Command, they will find no difference but for other players like myself, this change is a huge pain in the butt So if you don't want your pet swapping targets, you need ot use a macro like this #showtooltip Kill Command /cast [@pettarget,exists]Kill Command; Kill Command Hope this helps a few people.Leorina0 15h
15h MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer Still Broken The legendary gloves I just received are not working properly at all their buff doesn't trigger, at the rate the item description indicates or not at all, and they're currently bugged. Apparently the bug has been known for a while. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752660956?page=1#post-8 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2150611-MKII-Gyroscopic-Stabilizer-bugged Here I even made a twitch clip https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121178689 they proc three times within over a minute of spamming the same ability their proc rate per fight is supposed to be + or - 1 + 50% of aimed shot casts. Since I casted 28 aimed shots in that video it should've been about 14 procs. In the video I received a grand total of three. One thing that I noted in my tests once it breaks it's over the gloves cannot activate again until combat has ended so if you're doing a raid encounter and they break in the first 15 seconds which is very likely. Then they will not be able to proc again until after the encounter is over. The gloves are broken and probably shouldn't have been added into the game until the bug that makes them useless was resolved. It would be reasonable if they were simply disabled from the loot table until then. So other people don't have to deal with getting them while they're bugged.Ardrina14 15h
16h 7.2 Hunter & legion-dary items I have been playing hunter since legion launched. Boy has it been a roller coaster but I do love everything the hunter brings to the table. But I can't take it anymore! I am unsubbing from the game! Don't get me wrong blizzard has made such a good expansion but they do have some pretty big mess ups! I think there is a little to much Diablo in the game now. The main thing is Legion-dary items and the RNG that comes with them. I have 7 legion-dary items none are BIS. That doesn't mean some aren't bad but they still aren't best. I mean if we think about it the pants and the helm do exactly the same thing but take up 2 different legendary spots. Patch 7.1.5 was a blow to the gut for the hunter specs. For MM to get so memed on :). It sucked. But that wasn't the biggest slap to the face. The Mantle of Command was a slap to the face and a shot to the grapes. Since alpha I noticed there was a problem with direbeast reset. It even being a double rng being an auto-shot crit ment that it was rare to get one. If you did get this proc right as the cooldown came up it would be completely wasted and you would use your normal dire beast. So technically it didn't really proc your just hitting a lit up button... Not cool. I mean if I wanted to munch procs I could play a frost mage..... With 7.2 coming out I'm outraged with some of the changes being made. Let me start with how you actually get the legion-dary items we all want. I have 7 sephuz, roots, voodoo mask, Call of the wild, Prydaz, apex, and war order. Blizzard is changing legion-darys to spec specific. Do they realize that this system has a major flaw in the RNG aspect. Let's be honest if I wanted a MM legion-dary I would have to make a new character and hope for RNJesus to be on my side. Do they realize that more then half of hunters legion-dary items work for every spec. I mean I will never know what it's like to get that first legion-dary for a new spec quick. They definitely are missing the nail if they think this is a fix. It was said they they wanted us to have a choice in what legiondary we wanted to use. Then why not let us have them all or obtain them all in a quick manner. I hate that every week I do all mythic dungeons all LFR all normal all heroics and most bosses in mythic raids on my hunter I still don't have the bis ones! It sucks it really does. Personally I feel punished and it's pushed me away from the game. I never thought I would say this but I miss the legendary back and ring questlines. At least I knew what I was getting. For the shoulders. It was a huge slap to the face when they put them into the game. It was a huge shot the the berries in the latest Q/A where they danced around the subject! Let's be honest blizzard knows they are broken but don't want to fix it. Maybe they just don't know how. They said in the Q/A they didn't want to nerf any item in the game because they didn't want to piss the people off who already had the item. i get that. What I don't get is how they didn't see that this item is not broken. IMO the shoulders are worse then the Pyro bracers for mage. The game has honestly lost all rewards for playing. Everyday I do my emissaries just to hope for a legion-dary. I find my self playing for the orange loot when in past expansions I was happy playing for the purples. I still want to commend blizzard on the game and class halls and story line and a whole bunch of other good deeds. It has been fun outside of legion-dary grind.Thuggwish20 16h
16h What's the best hunter pet in Legion? I couldn't find any stats for this BM PVP/PVE . Anyone know? Thanks!Torromania86 16h
16h Funniest Pet Names lets hear em'Herpdedurp236 16h
16h Seagulls and You: A guide for Seagull fans Seagulls and You: A guide for Seagull fans 1. Tame a seagull 2a. (BM Only) Use the essence swapper to turn Hati into a seagull 2b. Use a seagull companion pet 3. Have three same sized seagulls 4. Enjoy Flock of Seagulls while hanging with your flock of seagulls 5. ??? 6. Profit But in all seriousness, I think the Seagull is my favorite hunter pet. They are cute, make sounds when you click them, can do a little trick when you use that ability, and Hati/Tamed Seagull/Companion Pet Seagull are all the same size. Functionally, they are little, too, so don't block your view/the view of your tank/group. Anyway, there needs to be more appreciation for the lowly Seagull. So...APPRECIATE THEM! GOD! *Throws hands up in the air and stomps off*Veeciar1 16h
16h Hati needs fixed. Dear Blizzard, My name is Grizzlyjim and I am a frustrated huntard. Last night I was in Grizzly Hills searching for the spirit beast Arcturis and luckily he was spawned, so I rushed and dismissed my current pet and started the taming process but I watched Hati run up to Arcturis and kill him instantly and there was nothing I could've done about it because my other pet was already dismissed therefore I could'nt make him go passive. Please fix this problem and make Hati despawn instantly when I dismiss my pet. Thank You. Sincerely, A mad huntard.Grizzlyjim5 16h
16h MM PVP - non Sidewinder build Hey all, Looking to see if anybody is having success with a non sidewinder build in PVP. I usually play with sidewinder and the AOE cleave is amazing. I'm almost always top dps in pvp, however I don't like the animation on sidewinders and have been playing with other talents. Having a hard time figuring out if any other talents are worth playing. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!Revo18 16h
17h Delete or just walk away? Man , I just feel so frustrated. I think I will just walk away , but with the new attitude toward MM hunters I wonder is it even worth keeping one?Ocean22 17h
18h Will melee survival exist next xpac? I was thinking of making a survival hunter alt but blizzard's shady tactics have me gun shy. Last xpac I made a gladiator warrior because it was finally the sword/board DPS I always wanted and low and behold, blizzard REMOVED it from the game after all that work. Anyone else have a strong suspicion that melee survival hunter is going to get removed/reverted next xpac? I've been burned once, don't want to get burned again, but SV looks fun right now.Shadow131 18h
19h The Mantle of Command should be baseline BM! BM is in a much better spot for mythic progression atm than what it use to be, but blizzard Please Fix these legendaries, The Shouhlders + belt are pretty much a MUST have like Getting another 4piece bonus, They should be baseline BM. To think that people could go through the entire Tier progression or even expansion without getting these Shoulders or belt is a bit insane.Vexea64 19h
19h Is Aspect of the Beast worth using? Hello all! The legendary ring Apex Predator's Claw gives my BM hunter pet all specializations, and I was wondering how that interacted with the lv.100 talent Aspect of the Beast. I'm assuming that my pet will gain all 3 bonuses from the talent when I use Kill Command, but the real question is if that talent is worth taking over Stampede or Killer Cobra? I also have the Qa'pla, Eredun War legendary boots if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!Boseiju1 19h
20h First legendary dropped today Mantle of Command from none other than Blingtron. Definately a happy patch day.Borcar1 20h
20h Freezing Trap and Entering Combat I'm not entirely sure if this has already been addressed, but why is it that trapping a target with freezing trap causes aggro? As far as I know, no other CC causes aggro, including Paralysis, Sheep, even thorns. As far as I remember traps haven't caused aggro since Cata? Even then I'm not sure if it did at that (since the days of having to pull targets in to traps). I just want to know if starting aggro on Freezing Trap is working as intended. Thanksßlackbean9 20h
20h Hunter Pet Discussion Heya everyone, in the class development section I posted a thread not too long ago talking about the state of hunter pets right now. Currently, I believe hunter pets to be in one of the worst states they have ever been in in game, and it is an issue that needs to be addressed. I'd love to see discussion both here and in the other thread concerning thoughts, concerns, ideas, etc, about hunter pets and what to do with them. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753686861 That is the link for the other thread, and I'll provide the post as well for anyone who wishes to discuss things in this thread. ...Lazyguide21 20h
20h Let's hear about your huntard moment. So I went to tame Terrorpene yesterday. I dismissed my pet and was told "you do not have a pet to dismiss" so I went about taming. Then BANG! dead. Terrorpene was dead. What happened? I think it must have been my auto shoot. But then my wyrm pet was there, even though I dismissed it. I don't know what happened but it was the single most upsetting thing that's happened to me in game recently. edited to add: I got home yesterday from work, logged in where I was camped and Terrorpene was right there, waiting for me. I got so lucky. I tamed him successfully.Cylinia20 20h
21h bm hunters have to un/resummon pets too much there are many instances in the game where i have to unsummon and resummon pets. this is unfun and feels like a waste a time, it's even worse since mythic+ we're trying to go as quickly as possible. other problems include aggro issues, and randomly dying these include: in maw of souls, 1. after killing first boss the pet is trapped in the cage about 50% of the time 2 before helya fight or else she blows my pet back and it gets stuck at wall, 3. and again middle of the fight when she blows us back again. 4. sometimes my pet get stuck at random times, i assume its when the holes that spawn directly beneath them? Black rook hold, while my pets dont get stuck on anything, 5. my pets randomly get killed repeatedly during the last boss. Court of stars, 6. most groups will skip the first construct on the bridge, well i have to unsummon pet before crossing the river or else my pet runs through the mob. Darkheart Thicket, 7. most groups will make a short cut jumping up a rock and branch and stuff, then jump down to the floor at the bottom, rip pet users.. 8. after the dragon boss we have to jump down to go through the tunnel, pet stay at the platform where boss is, have to resummon Halls of valor, 9. pet cannot attack mobs being tanked on the table in the halls, 10. pets will just randomly body pull the big pat walking around in the halls. sometimes pets just jump behind a mob to attack it, this sometimes put it in random awkward positions and maybe body pull the big pat. neltharion's lair 11. after rokmora, and going down the waterfall/fish barrel part. some groups like to skip mobs in this next area hugging the wall. i can hug the walls but pets dont, and have to unsummon or it will body pull random stuff return to karazhan, 12. unsummon before jumping down to fight moroes (common route) 13. unsummon before jumping down spots, to get to nightbane after killing curator 14. unsummon pet before jumping down in area after killing curator, if you didnt skip the mobs here and fought them, you have to unsummon/resummon again before the mini boss before shade of medivh (seriously do your group a favour and skip the big pat and bats here) 15. after mana worm, sometimes groups want to jump down and skip the worms on the sides. gotta unsummon pet unless u want it to pull all the worms. 20. iunno how i forgot about this one, the chess board.... arcway 16. if unfortunate and we have to go left, lots of mobs are often skipped between the demons areas and general xakal (boss) pets can randomly body pull mobs, must unsummon. or some cc's that dont put you in combat 17. during last boss and its 2nd phase (where you run back to the boss killing elementals) well some tanks decide to skip some of the mobs. well my pets WILL body pull them if they decide to skip anything. 18.19. in the last area before the last boss (spider area) there are two jumps that have to be made, thus i have to : unsummon pets, jump down, resummon pets, kill spiders, unsummon pets, jump down resummon pets and continue. you can kinda of see why mm hunters are very happy to pick lone wolf talents dont you? when i play on my havoc demon hunter, it's such a relief i dont have pets do deal with during my dungeon runs. maybe it's just hard to code pets to interact perfectly with the environment and not get stuck randomly or for it to just jump down areas with you. one thing i do wish blizzard did was make it so pets cannot body pull in dungeons and raids, communication can help here, but often ppl pug, and groups just want to go gogo, no time to type sometimes. and ppl dont even read chat pro tip, if you have a druid in your groups, there seems to be many dungeons where they can go travel form. ask them for a ride in areas you need them. when you ride them it auto unsummons your pets, and auto summons your pets when you get off the druid. its awesome. is this a problem that has persisted since vanilla? why havent these issues been addressed? hati doesnt help the situation.Mchuntington37 21h
21h Rate the Hunter Mog On a scale of 1-10!Grin183 21h
21h Is Qa'pla worth using? I just got Qa'pla as my next legendary, and wondering if its even worth using. I currently have the legendary trinket and belt. With 4p, it just feels like it barely gets any use on ST fights, I feel like it would be a much better legendary with t20 4p compared to t19.Trollinhobos6 21h
22h Req direct dev response to BM leg shoulders Was very disappointed with the totally non-committal response in today's Q&A to the question that referenced these shoulders. Hunters have been begging and pleading for months now for this effect to be made baseline for various reasons (massive QoL improvement to gameplay, singlehandedly making a talent viable, etc). This isn't a new issue anymore, and you guys should have had plenty of time to look at this and start arriving to some sort of conclusion. I'm not sure what's holding you guys back at this point to making a change here. Please let us know one way or the other, because every day looking at mmo-champ or my twitter feed hoping that one of you addresses this issue with some finality is getting beyond old at this point.Mavick42 22h
23h Titan's Thunder/Dire Frenzy Macro Because I'm clueless as to how this could be tested; I had an idea to macro them together to simplify things just a bit, but then it occurred to me - would Titan's Thunder affect Dire Frenzy if they both went off at the same time? If anyone knows the answer I'd love to know if I'm just wasting TT or not.Ateli3 23h