Hunter

Sep 28, 2013 Spirit Bond affected by Battle Fatigue... Seems wrong.Torange2 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 What to use my burdens on? I have 2 burdens, not quite sure how they work.. what armors should I use them on?Koten13 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 FemaleDwarf.com and PvP Is there an option in Female Dwarf where you can emulate damage done in pvp? Something that would factor in your pvp power and the base resilience of your target? My goal is to figure out what gear for PvE is or is not better than pvp gear for a particular slot, purely from a potential-damage standpoint. I am looking at the Yaungol set bonus and looking at trinkets specifically, but also want to consider other items as it will be a while before I am in full Grievous Glad gear. In a PvE encounter, the site sims my highest pvp gear at about 2k less than the Yaungol set, not factoring in pvp power and resilience. It was 70k vs 68k. Self buffs only. I guess I am asking for help in maths regarding ppower and resilience. Oy. I wish blizz would make things easier to figure out. Ultimately, I know that the general rule of thumb is to just get full max tier pvp gear. However, this will take a while and want to look at what PvE gear I either have, or can get rather easily, to make up those slots for the time being. EDIT: Speaking from a MM standpoint, but the info could be used for all specs I would think.Mcgoober2 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 Rams and Yaks, why not? I think these would make very cool pets! I've wanted a ram forever and now with Pandaria I dig the yaks too. I don't see why they shouldn't be included in the tameable families. I mean we can tame rhinos and goats.Ashlynara23 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 RBG Viability Hey everyone, Just a quick question, in your experience do Hunters (any spec) make a valuable RBG character? And if so what are the reasons to take one?Isograd2 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 Hunters at 70 Hello, I've probably posted 5 topics on various attributes dealing with the Hunter, none of which being in the Hunter thread.. Lol. Anyways. I've been looking around and it seems that a couple of builds seem to do the job well, though I'd like to always try and get better so any advise or tips would really be appreciated. I play MM/BM, I really prefer MM spec and I do really well in BGs so please let's leave out the, "You should switch to BM or SV for PvP because that's what everyone else does," comments. I don't play 70 to dominate and camp GY I play to have the most fun and I enjoy MM the best! I hear that PvP gear is best at 70, yet I see no one using it. I see all Raid gear. Do people mean PvP gear is better at 70 in arenas? Because I could definitely see the +PvP Resil being really helpful in arenas. In BGs I wreck, so long as theres at least one Healer. In Arenas, I'm usually one shot. My question would most likely be should I have 2 gear sets, one Arena / one BGs? My BG gear could be all BiS Raid gear gemmed for Agility, with similar enchants, as well as maybe a few Armor/Stam/Haste? enchants. My Arena gear could be Brutal gear gemmed for Stamina, with possibly just Agil enchants. What do you all think? My gear atm has random assortments of gems/enchants, pretty much whatever I could find to throw on until I find my final gearset. (saving gold for the best enchants/gems just once rather than 2-3x if I switch pieces) Thanks :D Edit: I typically use Hyena for 10% ranged/melee attack speed in BGs, and I've tried Spider/Monkey in Arenas but like I said I usually get literally one shot by DK/Priest combo.Shaeli4 Sep 28, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Karoma ( Rare Spawn ) Well I tried to be a nice guy - I was out questing and see a spirit wolf roaming around in Twilight Highlands.. Karoma to be exact - Wowhead link http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50138 So instead of killing it..I asked in general if any hunter would like to tame it. A 90 DK whispers me .. I won't say his name or armory link because I think it's against the forum rules. But he says "where"? I'm like "Sorry bro, don't want someone to just come kill it, a hunter would really like this pet, have to be a hunter" Him " I ve got a hunter buddy with me that wants it" So I say "Ok bro" send invite. The level 90 DK lands. One shots the wolf.. Loots : http://www.wowhead.com/item=68055#comments (gray item) Turns and says "Heh" disbands and flies off. Man what a jerk! Sorry hunters! I tried!Moonßlade11 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Timeless Island Before i got there i heard it was awful for hunters and i was a bit prepared for it to be rough, clunky, awkward or not fun. I find its actually about as enjoyable as anything else. I even found myself feeling like it is a good place for hunters. I like that you have to be a bit more conscientious with pets and aggro. Just having the pet is so much a boon i think hunters can forget that. Don't you guys remember playing when growl wouldn't work endgame no matter what? Remember when threat was a real thing to manage? Remember deadzone... NOT just no shooting in melee BUT the area where there is NO melee OR range? Glyphs are so easy to change out, as are specs in general. MD glyph is super easy if you don't want to kite. I find island is actually pretty easy for us and its good to have to be a bit more involved.Bendowa18 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Where to get my first epic weapon? I just hit 90, my ilvl is 451, where should I go to upgrade my weapon into an epic one? Or do I need more ilvl before I can get one? Thanks.Koten11 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Making a Farstrider? If rogues had range weapons i would go rogue and not look back, but they don't. So I'm leaning towards hunters. However I'm very conflicted. Rogues have very good pvp ability's and i play on a pvp server. Hunters however are very good at pve. So i just wanted some opinions on which one would make a better farstrider? I've also noticed Tier gear for hunters seems to get cooler and cooler while some of the rogues stuff is really cool or really strange.Durelli6 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 taming skoll could someone on a low pop server invite me to their server so i could tame skoll please?...sigh someone on my server killed him as i was taming... it aliensensai#1730Vojjin0 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Traps Should Be Redesigned. Suggestions. I believe traps have begun to stagnate, they are becoming nothing more than baseline effects that require ground-targeting. I would like to make some suggestions for a large scale trap overhaul. Most of our current traps are outperformed by other classes that use more easily executed abilities to gain the same or greater effect. For example, freezing trap is a good CC but it is also ground targeted. It is probably our best trap right now for the most part, considering it has been balanced as one of the 8 second CCs, but the ground targeting and required trigger still make it relatively weaker than many other similar abilities. Multi-target/AoE slows are a dime a dozen these days. Then we have explosive trap which is slowly changing into the new immolation trap, with the recent 30% damage nerf its usefulness is waning, only being usable in mass AoE pulls in PvE. Snake trap is also still a joke, being unreliable in applying the only debuff that makes us even pop the thing on the ground in the first place (casting speed slow), the DoT is still incredibly weak and serves as a CC breaker and the snakes die way too fast even with the 90% reduced AoE damage glyph. My proposal? Take traps back to being out of combat setup only. This solves the slight problem with hunter's CC chains in PvP and allows us to be buffed in other areas, as well as making wyvern sting a much stronger talent choice (since it shares DR with freezing trap). Of course, then you would have to make other changes as well. One other change could make camo for viable: traps can be laid in combat if you are in camo. Universal trap changes: Not usable in combat 3 second cast time On ground duration increased to 5 minutes Trigger radius increased the 4 yards (8 yard diameter) The player that triggers the trap is rooted for 2 seconds. (only DRs with other trap roots) Freezing Trap Mostly stays the same. However, glyph of freezing trap becomes baseline. Also, freezing trap does not break instantly on damage, instead being similar in that way to hex so that DoTs still tick through it and it takes a bit of direct damage to break it. Ice Trap Also stays mostly the same. The duration of the ice slick is increased to 1 minute and each second of movement while on the ice slick has a 10% chance of knocking you down for 1 second. Possibly an increase to a 60% slow. Explosive Trap The fire damage AoE is increased and the duration is increased to 40 seconds, and each second while within explosive trap you gain the physical debuff "Searing ground" which increases the damage you take from explosive trap by 10% (stacking up to 10 times). Glyph of explosive trap (the knockback) will still exist but would instead simply add the knockback effect to explosive trap in addition to its other effects, but removes the root effect so that the knockback will work. Snake Trap Snake health should be buffed considerably and should scale with the hunter's stamina. The damage from snake melee attacks remains the same but the DoT damage is buffed to a viable amount, perhaps beyond the damage of serpent sting. Glyph of snake trap is baseline but only for 50% reduced damage taken from AoEs (make it so they require multiple AoEs to kill, not just one). The snakes last 20 seconds instead of 15 and are smart. They will attack the triggerer first but once they have all 5 stacks of deadly poison as well as crippling and mind-numbing poison they will swap targets to someone else within range that doesn't have the debuff. The chance to apply deadly would be 50% per strike and each slow would be 5% on each melee strike (which is still quite a bit considering all the snakes attacking at once). Trap Launcher It wold still exist but would not be usable in combat even while in camo, and outside of combat would make a trap launch have a 4 second cast time. Well, I just think that right now traps aren't going to get any better and they will just continue to stagnate as the medium for hunters using abilities that every other class has... just in a more clunky, unreliable and less effective way. Traps could be awesome and amazing, but instead they are just there. Blizzard please consider changing traps to be actual traps (instead of just ground targeted abilities that we aim at people's/mob's feet), maybe not with my suggestions but by some method at least.Spinnerdh13 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Camoflauge still bugged? Anyone else still getting the camo failure when you try to immediately reapply camo? Mine doesn't apply the camo and the 1 min cooldown starts ticking again... #wideopentarget Blizz keeps saying "check your addons", I'd like to reply and tell them "check your programming code..." So, who else is STILL getting this issue?Quiversteel4 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Aimed Shot: haste required for sub 1.5 cast? Morning hunters, How much haste is required for a sub 1.5 second aimed shot cast? I've heard that MM wants to achieve a sub 1.5 second Aimed cast so it can substitute a hard cast Aimed for Arcane as a filler, and I was wondering how much haste rating that requires.Puntmenow2 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Warbringers + Vengeful Spirit Hi everyone. I'm having a big issue soloing warbringers. I'm not using the kiting method, instead I have a turtle pet with the reduced damage ability. The issue is, when the vengeful spirit comes out, no matter what I do it will just not stay on me and smacks my pet to death. I distracting shot it to me straight away, I place traps under where it spawns etc to try and gain aggro as soon as it pops up. It seems that it walks towards me for a second or two and then just turns around and smacks my pet. My pet is never attacking it and has its aoe abilities off. I don't think I've ever had much of an issue getting the vengeful spirits attention, back when I was doing the scouts - this feels completely different. I would really appreciate any tips or corrections on what I'm doing. Thanks!Layken20 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 PvP pet hey guys i am lvling this toon to be in pvp and i was wondering what 5 pets are good for pvp. i am in BM spec and i was thinking of using: Devilsaw core hound spirit cat (hopefully spirit leopard) nether ray(for the spell interrupt) and a quillin ( for the rez) if there is a better combo can u plz let me knowPackfury1 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Loque'nahak Hey guys. I've been playing WoW for about 3 weeks now, and once I hit level 76 I heard about Loque and decided to take a look at where he spawns. I found him within 20 minutes and there were no other hunters to be seen in the area at the time. Is Loque not a rare that many hunters want anymore? I've never seen another Loque besides mine on my server (frostmourne).Orcastrbrah22 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 T16 2 piece bonus nerf to BM and MM (Silent) Title says it all discuss.Dezoran9 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Cobra Shot bugged??? Is anyone else noticing Cobra Shot's casting speed increasing and even going back up to a 2 second cast time? I've noticed it several times in raid when there is no debuff to lower casting speed.Itoli0 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Am I geared up enough for Throne of Thunder? I just came back after having not played since MSV was wondering if the gear i have gotten is good enough to run ToT, so that i can progress into the orgrimmar raid love, dredayJamalz2 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Kill Command Just a quick question, should I be using the Kill Command in dungeons? It seems like I pull aggro for a second when I use it - but I love it, lol. Am I being an huntard by using it?Girlmeetsbow3 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 MM Hunter viable in PVE 5.4? I've recently started playing my hunter again and have always enjoyed MM over BM and survival, but im not sure if MM lags that far behind the other two specs in endgame content. Is MM viable? Or should i just stick to BM.Omnishot3 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Dual-wield Hunters!!! Ok who wouldn't want to see a dual-wield hunter? 2 mini crossbows or holding 2 machine pistols??? I personally think it would look great to have a weapon in each hand as a hunter and give us something more to play with!Brodious26 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Reforge - Secondary Stat and T16 Hi hunters: I'm trying to optimize my hunter and understand when to begin reforging for haste. Googled for awhile and couldn't figure it out -- I have 2pc T16 and legendary meta so I think I should be reforging for haste. I'm also wearing 2pc T15. But I compared my dps from crit reforging to haste reforging and I didn't notice much difference. Except I did note that I had less initial burst with haste reforging. Help? What secondary stat should I be aiming for?Tekuo7 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Tier 16 Set bonus? Hi All I just got my 1st 2 piece tier 16 for my other hunter last night and the set bonus i see it is reducing the cooldown for Rapid fire by 8 second for each arcane, aim or mulit shot. But this morning when i wake up, I check the bonus again, it now only reduce the cooldown by 4 second. Did we have a overnight nerf?Seraphien11 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 This will be my second 90 Are there any guide available on where to level up? The q's for pvp and dungeons are taking quite awhile and I'm not sure on a great place to quest at this level or future levels.Ramak2 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 i need help i seem to be not doing enough dps http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Sneakshots/simple 130k dps steady is the most i get >< is my mainDylangal4 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Does it matter what pet you use anymore? It seems like they're all the same, even spirit beasts. It's also at the point now where I don't bother using Tenacity, even in Timeless Isle, because Ferocity damage is better and they can still hold threat without getting stomped. Lately I've been using Chromaggus but I just picked up Skarr (I recently came back from 2-years away). And I know that some pet classes have unique abilities (like the core hounds have the lava thing), but does it really matter, other than appearance?Romomentum17 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Hunter stat weights? I can't find them on elitist jerks or anywhere else, does anyone know the stat weights for a PvE BM hunter?Koten4 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Haromm Talisman I understand this trinket proc an extra hit that deal 33% of original damage done, Question is does anyone know how this is apply to explosive shot that got 3 ticks of damage? Does it only duplicate the 1st dot or all 3 hit?Seraphien3 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Which spec is best dps? I am coming back to using my Hunter after a long break. Been using survival for a long time, and was wondering whether survival is doing well?Doromil2 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Proving grounds: Damage (Endless) Thought i would start the mothership thread on Proving grounds for us hunters. Was able to get to wave 9 as BM with current reforging and full set of H Raid gear. That being said, i am going to try for wave 50+ tonight with my CM gear set and as Surv with Crit > Haste build. Going to try Fervor / Blink / Barrage as far as talents go. They seem the best as far as overall damage for each wave. Anyone else have any semi-guides for Proving Grounds?Alvarie5 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Chimera Shot Buff Just want to get some feedback how this has helped MM...will it be the new spec by majority for pvp now...or back to BM....(again)...?Hairynippz2 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Chanters' On timeless isle I can kill any rare and any normal enemy except for the blazebound chanters and the Priest of Ordos, The golems man they one hit my pet and by the time i have him summoned I'm dead. What about you guys any frustrations on the isle for you?Idkloljane14 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 counter shot is this thing broken? i have found absolutely nothing that it interrupts except for dino-mancer and even then i am not certain it is just someone else interrupting at the same time.Khatula2 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Distracting shot I'm leveling up my first hunter, really enjoying it. However, I am perplexed by an ability I just got: Distracting Shot. I can't understand when/why I would use this. Is it some kind of PVP-oriented power? Or is there some kind of use to getting creatures to attack you?Soltinus10 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Need some advice for weapon hunting Im still rocking this Firebelcher Hand Cannon and its driving me nuts. What's hunter weapons have the highest drop rates I will take any epic weapon for now. All the tot bosses drop weapons in lfr however it seems I can only get armor to drop. Any advice?Meynird7 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 leatherworking/skinning...or mining/eng Like the topic suggest I want to choose the combination that will benefit the hunter the best min/eng or skin/lw.....I will be doing both pvp and pve..........which profession can give me the best perks for hunter eng or lw. Thanks in advance.Erècto1 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Immerseus pet despawning So yet another fight where my pet is despawning from going out of range...Spinnerdh12 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Not having fun on Timeless Isle Well I just finished my evening session. I ended it upset, angry, and generally wishing I had not played. I have been playing for four years, and this has happened only once or twice before. I do not like the number of mobs that attack me. I do not like the change where my pet does not get agro. I have enjoyed playing for all this time because in the past I could take out one mob at a time, and my pet would keep their agro forever. This is why I play. I want love doing that. But I cannot do it on Timeless Isle. WoW is going to lose me as a player if they do not fix this.Gymlea88 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Thoughts on Survival 5.4 PvP from BM Last night, after years of playing BM, I re-rolled Survival for PvP. All I can say is wow... as compared to what BM was and a !@#$ ton of button mashing, I feel like I can do a lot more with better damage. My gear is sub-par since I've been distracted with other things (Work-GTA-Splinter Cell-Starbucks). I have like 3 Tyrannical pieces and the rest is a season below. I'm also missing head gems/belt buckle/leg enchantment and a prime glyph. So don't nerd rage out on me.... I'm working on it. I'm using a spider also for an extra snare. My only complaint is I wish they would make Tranq shot less focus. I don't think people realize how powerful that shot is in terms of PvP. It can make, or break a fight, at least it has for me. Anyhow, just my $0.02.Ghrimjow2 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 MM hunter mechanics/mastery. Just a thought to alter our crit mechanic involving aimed shot with the careful aim effect; grant careful aim to aimed shot at all times, regardless of the targets hp%. This would make fire procs MUCH more satisfying (aimed shot hits like a wet noodle when it doesnt crit) and also allow MM hunters to consider hard casting aimed shot in pvp. This would also increase our dps when refreshing steady focus by applying a guaranteed piercing shot DOT effect EVERY time we get an aimed shot off. As a final thought, wild quiver is.. well it blows. I have no specific ideas for MM mastery, although most will agree its just meh. Thoughts?Krynthos3 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Buffed Chimera Shot/explosive So what kinda dmg increases are we talking with 50% increased dmg to this shot? Im at work and just read the hot fixes, kinda excited honestly. And at the same time the buff to explosive shot is again...a bandaid at best. To really fix survival we need a buff to mastery. Making it scale better is key to improving survivals performance. Maybe even fix the haste scaling of our dots. Last time it was tested our shots (explosive, serpent, black arrow) didnt scale with our haste. So just a heads up there.Inkarran8 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Buff to ES Was nice and all but it doesn't address the overall scaling issues of the spec. A buff to mastery 1%% 1.5% or 2.0% would of been a better route imo...Saarî10 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Pet Buffs Am I the only one who has a problem with pet buffs? For example i'd call my Dinosaur pet apply the 5% crit buff, dismiss it and then the buff disappears when I call my other pet I am having the problem on two of my hunters. P.S: This happens in and outside of arena.Teleqraph5 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 So does fury of xuen go on hunter pets? Or do hunters have to stand in melee range for it to work? Just wondering.Kealrix1 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Reforging Hello, I am a inexperienced player so Im not all that sure on how to reforge properly for beast mastery. I have been reforging for the max mastery ever since I started playing it because I found out that it was the most popular for pvp. As for PVE I see a good amount of hunters on either side forging full mastery with crit secondary or haste with crit secondary. So I assume its situational dependant on gear. So what Im asking is given my current gear. (which is a bit off on hit/exp ignore that for now) should I be reforging the way I am, or should I be going for more haste? ThanksZardonic1 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Raiding questions? Alright, so I'm coming back to PvE after a long absence, I've been playing my Paladin and Lock recently, but my Pally is the only thing I'm liking so far and I'd like another character to gear up while I'm gearing my Pally. Aaaand I picked my Hunter :3 Would anyone mind answering some questions I have for PvE as a Hunter? Thanks! 1.) MM or BM? I'm looking at MM and it seems to be really fun, but BM pulls higher DPS I think? Which one is better in your opinion and why? 2.) Do I have to be an Orc/Pandaren/Troll for PvE as a Hunter? I'd like to be a Pandaren honestly for the racials, but I don't feel like paying to race change. Is it okay if I'm a Blood Elf? Will it make a big impact on my DPS if I'm not any of the other races? 3.) What's the best pet for PvE? I've noticed that most Hunters are using the Mogu Tiger thing that can battle rez, is that the best one? Or...? I'd really appreciate any help that I can get here guys, thanks!Beanies11 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 Can all 3 specs solo pretty well? All I've ever been is BM. Have tried SV and was MM for a bit back in BC but again BM has always been my strong point. Made a horde Orc Hunter to play with a friend and was going to go either MM or SV for questing ect.(PVE). Just wanted to know if they can solo just as well as BM. Thanks.Sulvain2 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 24, 2013 "Your vision is obscured" I seem to be getting an error message when Im trying to attack things lately. Anyone else getting something like this? Every time there is nothing between me and my target but I still cant attack it. My pet will attack though. I checked my log and debuffs and there is nothing affecting me. Is it just bad pathing? I got smoked by a spriest because i couldnt shoot back earlier.Enigmahz4 Sep 24, 2013