Hunter

May 22, 2013 5.3 Talents Question. Should I drop Silencing shot in favor of Intimidation?Arikia4 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 New Hunter My friend is starting WoW for the very first time and he wants to be a hunter. Anyone have any tips for a person brand new to the class, and even the game?Oråcle6 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Masters Call - Bugged? Hey guys I'm still getting snared/shackled after using Masters Call... is this a known issue with 5.3????Rekuja1 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Thank you blizzard! You guys are a bunch of retards. How did this even pass the PTR? Hunters got !@#$ed again! I really don't know how you guys live with yourselves collecting our money every month while %^-*ing us like this. Can we atleast get a kiss on the neck while you guys are just jammin it in dry? I think everyone who has a hunter should get free lipstick with their subscription every month, SO ATLEAST WE CAN LOOK PRETTY FOR YOU GUYS WHILE YOU !@#$ US! Well guys its time to reroll I guess. So what class should I go with? What are your new toons gonna be? /end rantKrajith5 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 gear question I recently received http://www.wowhead.com/item=96744 and I'm wondering whether the ilvl increase would be high enough to temporarily sacrifice (until I can manage to get tier legs) my 4piece?Hûggles0 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Hunter or Warlock pvp? Hello all, I recently re-subbed, and have a Warlock or a Hunter I would like to level. How would some of you compare them pvp-wise? Who would be more fun/effective in the end? Thank youFangsig2 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Marks PVP - pet choice With the 5.3 patch changes to pet's CC I'm wondering if the following pets will see an increase in effectiveness in arenas/RBG's Crab - Pin Spider - Web Dog - Lockjaw Bird - Disarm What are your thoughts? Thanks,Reuger13 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 little help i like playing wow.but am getting sarcasm because i dont know everything example :i have a parry gem ,,also a strenth gem on my weapon. i know why parry is wrong but why no streanthgem. what im really asking if you can look at what i have (gear) and help me not diss on me. i really just need helpSnnyphere10 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 So, how's MM looking now? Hey, hunters. I've been running some 2's today, and I've noticed that there's a lot more MM's than BM's. (did 3's as well today but haven't seen a single hunter at all) Might just have been a bunch of coincidences, but since I'm here already I might as well ask, how's MM looking like now with these changes? On par with BM? Slightly under, or perhaps better?Bigsmashy0 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 lvl 85 with season 11 gear, did it change? my armory isn't updated and am curious to see what a reaming i can expect when i get home. If you have season 11 could you let me see your profile please? thank you.Conqueso0 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 How much of a difference do you see in dps? With the hawk change? I went from doing 72k average to about 79-80. Pretty decent IMOJerros5 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 MM the pvp spec huh? I dont think so. Dk is the pvp spec. Warrior too...dont forget Rogue. And Shadow Priest. All heals....definately not MM. Unless you like chilling with the Spirit being at the GY. lol.Riddleman2 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Question about Portent {ExoticRare} So the digging the horde did is a pretty big shake of things. It rustled a number of my jimmies. me and my friends chilled on the hill that used to be there :'( But my question is what changes happened to Portent? His pathing took him straight through the now horde dig site, so where does he go now? through the Golden Pagoda or directly in front of the Hordes base Two Moon? I would really appreciate a respense i.e Blizz, or somebody with relevant information. I've yet to tame the Blue variation is why this concern.Rockafellor7 May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013 Ideas for troll hunter xmog? As the title states, i love the primal look of troll and i don't think it's meant to be a flashy race since it lack's posture. I'm wondering about a transmog that is meant to represent a hunter, something primal as stated previously and something that works with a troll. Although nothing too plain or dinky, as weapons go, bow is preferred although guns and crossbows are welcomed. Any and all ideas are appreciated, thank you!Alpines0 May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013 Prove your 5.3 Blink Strikes works. It still shows as a talent. It doesnt show in pet spell book. And the talented doesnt work.Megabad13 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 has Loque'nahak been tamed today yet Does anyone know the timer for Loque'nahak if so tell me and if possible has it been tamed on this server recently? like before the patch was up?Gìgi1 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 5.3 gemming What do you guys think? *PvP power/resil gems are nerfed to only give +80. Worth it, not worth it? Pure stat? Agil + stat?Arielen12 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Pet aggro Wondering if this is a change as of MoP, or if I am doing something wrong. Got to 90 a little while ago and am hitting up old content for transmogs. The problem I am having is that if I do more than auto-shoot a boss, my pet eventually loses threat and the boss starts charging me. I've saved most my cooldowns for when Misdirect is up, used Misdirect as often as possible, but still somewhere around 15-20 secs after MD has expired, my pet loses the boss and I have to FD in order to get the boss back on him. This has become an issue simply because I can't auto-shoot the boss forever. Eventually they are going to Beserk and rain hell on my pet and me, and watching videos of hunters soloing bosses, the pet seems to have the boss under control the whole time (some of these videos being pre-MOP). And yes, pet is Tenacity and has Taunt on. Advice?Isalien12 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 BM Hunter PVP I am unable to log into wow and find out for myself at the moment, but how is BM Hunter pvp as of 5.3 and is MM the way to go now?Augustes0 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Eye Patches Blizz, I think its about time you add more helms and eye patches for hunters. only 2 in game and one is orange and the other is a quest that many have done , and not didn't save the eye patch.Critzin17 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Standing in flare worst D vs Rogues... ...Who'd a thunk it? Its seriously better to hold off on Flare (such a gutted ability now) and hope Track Hidden works then to stand in it and take a full assault. Ha! The irony.Riddleman12 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 MM PvP? I have not been MM since Cataclysm. Does anyone remember what we have to reforge in to?Jabanero1 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 How do you counter... A rogue who stuns you when your trinket is on its 5 minute cooldown in bg's? There are times when I am stunned with full health and am dead before I ever get out of it. Suggestions? Ideas? Feel free to call me noob, I am... as a hunter. Also, Warrior charges (x2) even after I disengage... All suggestions (except delete toon and uninstall WoW) accepted! :PMelani5 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Hunters in 5.3 will be better or worst ? PVP 10% ap bonus but dimishing returns on scatter shot, I am new to hunters, how do that sounds for 5.3 pvp ?Bismillahh9 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Hunter PVP; Best Specs, Rotations, Pets I'm endgame and decided to start PVP. I've bought the Malevolent set for HP, and am getting random Tyrannical pieces while I conjure up conquest points [magically, yes since Ally BGs are rarely won except for AV and IOC]. I specced Marksmanship, used a goat pet [for the trample effect] but I still feel I am not doing enough damage. I do not have the best gear of course, so maybe that's why but I was wondering if there were some tips? Am I in the wrong spec or do I need to redo my glyphs and talent tree?Gypsyella0 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 So What Spec Is Everyone Playing? As the title says, what spec is everyone playing, im playing beast mastery with an off spec of marksman.Kiago19 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Status of hunters in 5.3? I don't have intentions of rolling hunter in 5.3, I'm just curious of their status in 5.3. better or worse?Rogvor62 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Survival Hunters Underestimated! I've been kicking around on every specilization of hunter, and stumbled upon survival and got curious. First I loved survival spec because in lower level battlegrounds I could apply a stronger version of serpent's sting to everyone at once using multi-shot. With the talent of lowering focus cost of arcane and multi-shot this became a very deadly spec to me and also very fun. While you'll have to Gem and Enchant slightly differently than you would a BM or MM its incredible how much hurt you can put on the enemy team in BGS or even ARENA!! I use it it in Arena to apply serpent's sting using multi-shot one button boom they are both poisoned with serpent's sting. now on BM and MM serpent's sting is weak, but on survival its empowered, and initial damage is crit, and each tick is crit over and over crits all day long. My Primary spec was BM for leveling/questing, but when I hit 90 I started experimenting with Survival because i got tired of everyone using the same thing, BM, and my experiment came with some heavy rewards, I mean in every battle ground I was able to mow down not just one at a time but groups of horde just by spamming multishot after the talent of Focus reduction for multi shot proc'd. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of this Survival spec, now the way i did this was resil,pvp power, agility, crit,haste and then lowest priority was mastery, but I'd like to know If I traded some haste for mastery would the crits on my serpent's stings be even juicier? I pretty much think that mastery is a waste when it comes to survival but I have a 13% mastery on him anyway, not even trying. 26% crit with my wolf out with his 5% increase to crit strike, and when I use Stampede all the pets I have give me buffs like mastery,crit, haste, and then like 2 cc pets. Don't knock it until you try it, CORRECTLY too, i might add.Öriön16 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 With the new blink strike + intimidating Does the pet need to be in melee range still considering the pets auto attacks have like a what, 15-20 yard range?Kadash2 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Rate The Transmog Above You!!!!! Ok so I thought I would get another transmog thread going since it's one of the only things that keeps me going in this game! I love looking for new sets/weapons, and I think some of you do too! I tried to tie in the purple, red, and touch of green in as best I could. What do you guys think? The shoulder have red particle effect, and the cape has a green crystal in the center of the back.Skills499 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 So..... What to upgrade/buy first? So I have 1k valor and I'm torn between upgrading my shiny new bow to 510 ilevel (very little chance of me ever raiding normal) or getting a little more valor and getting a new cloak or trinket. I also have thought about waiting and seeing what I get for my first heroic scenario completion since the rewards are a ilevel 516 item (chance at a 516 weapon /drool). What do you guys think would be the biggest DPS upgrade? I'm leaning towards throwing my valor @ the bow and relying on mogu coins for trinket/cloak upgrades....Dieneces14 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 So.... I must be doing something wrong.... TLDR: My dps seems low... please tell me what's wrong with my fresh 90 hunter that I haven't played in years because I'm not seeing it. Long version: Preface : I haven't played this hunter really since TBC, I started to level him in WOTLK then stopped... then I stopped playing wow for 3 years... I came back shortly after MOP launch and have been leveling all my 80's and seventy somethings up to max and trying to relearn each of the classes. I just hit 90 last week and I spent most of my time leveling via PVP or pet battles with some LFD tossed in for shiggles. This weekend/yesterday I powered through every single level 90 LFR and managed to stack up a LOT of gear but I'm not seeing significant improvements in DPS on boss fights. I generally use a combination of WoW class forum stickys and Icy Veins guides on most of my characters and until this hunter I was able to figure things out pretty quickly and was able to hit 75k dps pretty consistantly during boss fights during tier 13 and scale up to 85-100k dps once I got some ToT gear on my other DPS characters (lock/mage/Warrior/DK/EleSham, I only heal/Tank on my druid and pally). Unfortunately this hunter seems to be my weakest performer @ similar gear levels. I have done reading both here and Icy Veins but when I plug my character into female dwarf dot com they say I should be doing ~83k DPS but I rarely see more than 60-70k DPS... Granted before I got the new bow from Iron QON I was using [item=87474/] but the last two fights in ToT i still only pulled 65k dps on Twins and something like 62k on LeiShen. I know all the LFR fights, I've been doing them for months on multiple 90's I try to pay close attention to my positioning, buffs, debuffs, raid used cooldowns, etc... I'm using the Icy Veins opening rotation and cast priority and things seem to go pretty smoothly with that, I rarely find myself focus starved and I'm using cooldowns as they come off cooldown. I'm not a clicker I have pretty much everything keybound using every key from tilde to N including shift and CTRL modifiers for most keys. My gear seems like it should be producing more than what I'm seeing though and I'm being out-dps'd by people with 15-20 ilevels by like 10-15k DPS nearly every fight (almost every hunter I see in LFR is between 495 - 510) . Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.Dieneces14 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Can blizzard do something about barrage? The range is waaaaaaay to big imo. Know you guys are thinking im calling it OP but on the contrary, it makes it a very dangerous move to use in dungeons and raids. Its one of our strongest aoe moves yet countless times I have accidently pulled and extra group or 2 of mobs while aoeing our primary group with this skill. This move shouldn't be able to pull a group of mobs half a room away while were aoeing our primary targets against a wall.Applepop10 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Does the 10% buff ... make a difference, hmmmm?Croom6 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Marksmanship. Simple, can I go marksmanship next patch for PvP since BM is getting nerfed a little bit? BM is just too boring to handle for me.Virio4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 The new Blink Strikes On the PTR I have noticed that this thing is more powerful the Crows all around and even female dwarf is agreeing with this statement. However when you look at the stat values that the site gives you (at least for me) it is showing that crit has moved down in its ranking of being the top stat. As well I have tested this on the PTR and I have noticed that Mastery is stronger then crit nowCowtippingg1 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 When did you start loving your hunter? So I just hit 58 and made y way to outlands, had to log because it was too late, frustrating lol. Anyways, I played a hunter back in vanilla-bc and made it too 62 then my account was hacked and I stopped playing because I didn't want to level another one, so finally I started over again and made an Orc which I wanted originally and am loving this character. Does it get even better after this? And how does endgame look for us nowadays?Madwic25 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 New Pets in 5.3? Probably a lame question but does anyone know if there is going to be any new pets for us to tame? I'm aware of our stable being allowed more pets but just wondering.Ilidiir7 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Marksmen still viable not a big fan of BM, can u still do good damagae as MM?Kurrn9 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 I must be missing something, please help Was doing arena just now, resto druid Bm hunter, when we came up against a BM hunter Disc priest team. When i died i noticed a 100k blink strike crit from the hunter, which is odd to me because even with all my CD's i only get 50k max. When i looked at the combat log he also did a 50k no crit kill command, again odd because that is double what i regularly see. At the end of the match i did 1.7m damage he did 5m, the match lasted about 5-7min. How was he doing so much damage O.oIeatnoobies7 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 A plea from an old hunter. Just leave Blink Strike, Intimidation, and Exotic Beasts as is (hell make all that pet CC not gain the bonus from Exotic Beasts). That's all I ask. I've been playing this class and spec for a long time, BM felt like it was finally in a good place (I've stuck with the same Spirit Beast since WOTLK. I didn't start in WOTLK, I've been playing this character almost exclusively since release), and now all these sweeping changes to prop MM Hunters up on a pedestal that will most likely be knocked out from under them in subsequent patches anyway, given Blizzard's track record with Hunters. Idiotic non-hunters trolling in the Hunter forums need not respond, you wont get a response out of me, you know you're garbage already. Note: I feel CC needs to be reworked across the board, all this cherry-picking with nerfs and buffs for the various classes has not worked out, this dev team needs to get its act together if it doesn't want to be replaced by the shareholders. I don't think they like seeing over a million people taking their money elsewhere.Gryth32 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 BM Hunter in 2's Is it genuinely impossible to kill a mistweaver monk in 2's as a BM hunter? I mean I consider myself quite proficient at trapping, scattershotting, timing my silences, making sure widow venom is up at all times, etc. But I just played a match where I raped a monk for 10 solid minutes to the point where he was completely OOM, and still he was capable of outhealing my damage and casting statues every 30 seconds. Any tips on how you make those cocksuckers die? I really can't wrap my brain around how an OOM monk can cast a statue, much less keep himself healed..Flormok17 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Barrage problems Tonight in LFR my barrage hit the raid boss before the pull. Now this is the first time it happened to me. It was on tortos and I was barraging the bats and a random shot hit the boss wiped us and I was kicked. Any way to prevent this from happening?Jerros2 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Will Hunters Still Be Ripping It Up In 5.3? Just Wondering If Hunters Still Be Ripping It Up In 5.3? I'm getting destroyed by them this patch im a ret pallyWastedfilmz6 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Blue Sockets - What to put in? Up until this point I've been using Glinting Imperial Amethyst to fill my Blue Sockets. Lately however, I've got a lot of base hit on my gear, to the point that even when it's all reforged out, I am left with 3011 hit. I currently have two blue sockets in my gear, so I'm using two Glinting Imperial Amethyst. Would it be a good idea to replace those with two Shifting Imperial Amethyst? I would lose 320 hit, but I would still be above the hit cap. Or will the health increase from the stamina not be enough to even bother with?Donszechuan12 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Future of BM Looks rather grim. I've always played BM in WOTLK to 2k in cata to 2.2k in MOP to 2.4k and it wasn't as bad as what im seeing on the ptr. The amount of damage i take or my pet takes is unreal. We put out zero burst and have THE worse self healing in the game now. How fast my pet dies to cleave damage even with mend pet up 100% is just pathetic. BM feels very weak on the PTR. Pet cc nerf is also rough. Hate to be the sky is falling guy, stuff gets really old but i think its time to take a break from this class til they figure out what they are doing with it. Good luck to those of you that continue to pvp on a hunter in 5.3. Hopefully MM gets some buffs, would hate to see hunters return to the bottom of representation, just isn't my cup of tea. Good luck guys.Saarî23 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Dual-wielding Bows: Now possible! http://imgur.com/0cOiOl5 Screenshot as proof. Top DPS DW'ing bows.Panzers3 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Hunters in MoP? I played a hunter back in Cata for like 2 weeks, and I really liked it, but I haven't touched it much since MoP. I'm just wondering, how's PvP on them? How's PvE? Are hunters topping damage in raids and are they ranking pretty high? I'm kinda just looking for a reason to level my hunter! :cRikkì4 May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013 Trying to increase DPS - tips and analysis Well hello fellow hunters and huntresses. The other day I ran LFR MSV to try and compare my DPS to other hunters. I did alright overall, but there was another hunter (Ragebow of Whisperwind) who continually beat me in DPS. On boss fights, he averaged 10k-15k above me, and on AoE pulls, he would get as much as 80k above me. I don't remember exact numbers, but for the second boss I did about 75k and he was closer to 85k. My questions are: Is the difference in our gear (especially the weapon) the reason, or am I underperforming with my hunter? Also, I winged it without food and pot buff, would that contribute to much of a DPS difference? Also, he has Dire Beast as a talent compared to my Thrill of the Hunt. Are those about equal in value? My bottom three stat priority is Crit>Haste>Mastery. I open up with: Stampede Rapid Fire A Murder of Crows Cobra Shot Serpent Sting Black Arrow Explosive Shot To maintain: Maintain Serpent Sting Cast Explosive Shot on every CD and proc Cast Black Arrow and all other CD's once up Fire Arcane Shot whenever everything is on cooldown (or proc'd) Another DPS question is: How often should I fire Cobra Shot? Should I fire based on my Serpent Sting or Focus need? An example scenario I find myself in mid-fight: Serpent Sting was just refreshed and I only have enough Focus for a Arcane Shot, but Explosive Shot is 3 or so seconds from coming off cooldown. Do I fire the Arcane Shot and then cast Cobra Shot, or do I auto fire until Explosive Shot is up and then Cobra Shot (or Arcane Shot depending if enough Focus is available from waiting 3 or so seconds)? Thanks in advance. :)Qyunas6 May 21, 2013
May 20, 2013 What are you gemming in for PvP in 5.3? So with the resil changes and gem changes, I'm trying to set up my gems to be ready for tomorrow but I'm not sure what to do. I'm switching to marks because I've always liked it better than BM and I feel with the new changes they'll be pretty even. So my stat values are changing to Hit/Exp>Crit>Haste>Mastery. When MoP came out 1 PvP Power was worth a little more than 1 Agi, so with 265 pvp power required for 1% going to 400, I've safely assumed I'm going to put straight Agi gems in red sockets. The trouble I'm having comes with yellow and blue sockets. With these values I calculate that 160 Agi will be worth about 250 PvP Power so if the bonus is 60 to ignore it and 120 then gem for the bonus. With all that said my final conclusions were: 320 Agi in red sockets If the item has a blue or yellow socket, look at the bonus. If the stat value is <120, ignore it and gem agility. If the bonus is <120 gem for the bonus and do Deadlys for the yellows and Assassins' for the Blues. Not sure if this is what I'm sticking too, just brainstorming for now, and figured I'd ask what everyone else was thinking.Díngleberry1 May 20, 2013