Hunter

Apr 26, 2013 Bm sucks for leveling. Been leveling as bm cause I wanna use this spec at end game. Then I noticed that KC is terrible. My AS does more damage at half the cost. This is just an FYI for anyone leveling go SV more damage and much more fun.Monkeybarz7 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Monkey with a hat Any hunters out there looking for a cool looking pet or even PVP players looking for something different check out this video for a monkey with a hat on. I made it a really short video just to show where to get him and a little info about him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLnVXKJvM1c&lc=NoqVZA2C0Zof95D-J5WJgi_PVVug30RiJTy2P-sCkLsHippiepants0 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 5.3 coming? When? I wanna start running my fav MM spec but dont wanna get use to it only to have to change some crucial keybinds once 5.3 comes out...anyone know?Riddleman6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 ToT 10-man DPS help! Hello fellow hunters! I'm here looking for some advice to help me improve my performance in our ToT 10-man, normal raids. As a little background, I'm in a very casual raiding guild. We only raid 2 nights a week for 3 hours a night. While we're not hardcore, we do aim to down content as efficiently as possible. In clearing the Tier 14 raids I was more often than not the top DPS each night, sometimes losing the spot to our mage, but generally being no worse than second. Fast forward to Tier 15 ToT and I'm getting my butt kicked by our frost mage and our frost DK and sometimes by our monk as well. Here are links to the mage, DK and monk. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Kerach/simple http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Seung/simple http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Pipedown/simple They all have higher iLevels then me (don't get me started with how bad my luck has been both in normal raids and particularly in LFR this Tier) so my question is, am I just being beaten by better classes/gear or is there something else I can be doing? I feel like I know my class well. I've played my hunter since BC. I utilize femaledwarf.com and read up on icyveins, elitist jerks and noxic. I feel like I gem/enchant/reforge correctly. I understand that there is a debate between haste and mastery and right now I'm more with the haste build. I have read that haste is better at a certain iLevel. Maybe I'm not at the right iLevl for that? I realize right now I'm logged out with Barrage and lynx rush...typically I use AMoC and Glaive toss. Do you guys typically change specs for the different fights in ToT? Any advice on any gems/enchants/reforges I should change. Here is a link to our WoL for the past few raids: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/242166/ Any help is appreciated!Grimmlock6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 hunters in 5.3 So to me it looks like we are getting nerfed and I guess blink strike was a little op but I feel like this is going to mess up the spec. Is MM looking better this patch? or is the new blink strike not going to be as bad as I think. This may sound like a noob question but when my pet is on assist most of the time it is not attacking my target , anyone else have this? As far as powershot nerf Im not really worried but will blink strike mess up bm? or Is it not a huge deal.Zortar50 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 fix crossbows on goblin's backs pls! they look way too small on our backs.Sorbu6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Considering a race change I am considering a race change for one reason, and one reason only. The female Blood Elf shooting animation is completely bass ackwards and it is really starting to get on my nerves. Why doesn't blizzard just fix this??? I know people have posted about this before multiple times!!Salte2 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Am I doing it right? So, I used to be an active raider on my paladin, my wife and I had a baby girl, my hours were all screwed up and I moved to a casual member. Now our daughter is a 1 year old and has a stable sleep schedule. I'm gearing up again to become a DPS fill in for my guild while I try to flesh out if I'm going to tank again or get a slot as a DPS. You can see the gear I have now. I'm farming all the VP I can now, I need an item or 2 more from 5.1 VP gear to get the ilvl to do the last bit of LFR. After that, should I just rely on LFR gear and VP gear from shado-pan assault rep VP? Or is it worth getting buying cheaper VP items from 5.1 vendors? I'm leaning towards only buying 522's as rep allows. If I end up buying all the stuff I can get from shado-pan assault - I would then back fill with 5.1 VP items until I cap (while hoping to make a roster in my guild). That sound like a good plan? Got something better? I know I'm missing 3 enchants.Jimmybigtime28 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Suggestion for the 5.3 BM CC changes IMO, the proposed CC changes for BM are tough but fair. The fact that we can disable a caster for 12 seconds with readiness (silencing shot, intimidation, readiness, silencing shot, intimidation) is a bit crazy. However, these changes give the side effect of binding shot being taken away from all viable PVE specs. Why is this a problem? Especially with this tier, I am seeing tons of utility for binding shot such as: Horridon: can stun many of the adds as they come out of the door Council: can make the loa spirits stun themselves as they creep towards their target Tortos: can stun all the bats at once, which could save a tank if he or she is dipping below the 350k/550k health threshold Magaera: can be used to stun Nether Wyrms that creep from the tear Lei shen: you can stun the ball lightnings It was also very helpful to me on the following fights in t14: normal/heroic will of the emperor, heroic feng, heroic tsulong, and heroic lei shi. I've also heard it is excellent for challenge modes. Obviously silencing shot has been useful in several situations as well, but in contrast wyvern sting has only been useful on lei shi. My suggestion is that MM be given wyvern sting, and binding shot be put back on the level 30 talent tier. Ghostcrawler's tweet implied that the change was intended to nerf BM pvp CC, as most hunters won't sacrifice silencing shot to retain intimidation. My suggestion continues that line of thought, while simultaneously retaining some much-needed PVE utility for all (viable) specs. It will also boost MM's pvp utility, as I think Wyvern is more substantial utility than binding shot in pvp. tl;dr: Give MM wyvern sting, and put binding shot back on the level 30 talent tier. This gives MM more pvp utility, still nerfs BM CC in pvp by an appropriate amount, and lets us keep binding shot which is very useful in pve.Cutsman18 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 your class is broken that is all.Refinedivine8 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Curious on the best pet for BM In PvP and PvE Just started back playing again, I am leveling a hunter for topend pvp/pve just because I haven't played mine in so long and dont feel like paying money to transfer it. I want to know the best pet for... PvP - ??? PvE - ??? Thanks.Anzile4 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Globaled by Marksman Hunter O.O All I have to say is ow my face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzjvj8dJskMBlademastaz23 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Help please.... I have some questions and thought maybe you could answer them. I'm getting back into my hunter who I've taken a bit of a break from to play my paladin. I have a few questions if you would be so kindly as to answer them. 1. What pet is best to do dungeons/heroics with(Currently using a cat in Ferocity spec) I have a wolf, 2 headed dog and a bear. Sadly no exotics yet :() 2. What Tier 5 and 6 talents work best with BM.(Currently using MoC that I just switched from Lynx rush as I've noticed they've changed it a bit) 3. Now that I'm starting in pandaria to gear up to run the normal dungeons should I be focusing on Mastery>Crit and haste? Just trying to get a feel for what gear I need to look for. I use leather if it's better then what I'm currently equipped with. Thanks!Sulvain9 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 502 weapons VS. Malevolent in PVP So I've been playing my hoontar recently, and I snagged a 502 bow from raid finder, and I'm trying to decide if I should use that or my 470 malevolent weapon in PVP. The PVP power increase (18%) from the bow, judging from my napkin math, gives me roughly the same bottom end damage, like 2-3k more top end damage. I'm PVPing as Marksman, so the raw weapon damage is very delicious. The PVP power would increase my serpent sting and pet's damage as well, but those are relatively minor sources of damage. I'm using Powershot, so that leans more toward the weapon damage. Is there a general consensus on which is better? I know that PVP power and PVP resilience have some funky math relations to one another, and PVP power may end up being superior?Turaven0 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Just Thought I'd let Ya'll know... That I just tamed Kirix! http://i41.tinypic.com/fe05fd.jpg Took probably a dozen tries but I got him! So yea, just really happy and wanted to brag. You can go about your business now.Stupide2 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Suggestions of a Blue Theme Mog Hey gang, i was wanting some input. Every month I make a new mog. This mog was supposed to be green themed. I really wanted the murloc shoulders and helm but couldnt get any bot runs so i went with what I thought matched that was more obtainable. Id really love to make an ice / blue themed mog. I got the crypt fiend slayer bow and I can craft the icy scale stuff. My pal sent me some Pauldrons of Surging Mana for shoulders, but im having a hard time finding other blue themed / colored pieces. When i say "themed" I mean it can be MOSTLY the main color. For instance this is my green set but its technically green with yellow highlights as you can see. Any help and links to items would be appreciated.Raygar18 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Tier 15 set piece useful? How useful is Tier 2 set and 4 set bonus? I have joined very casual raiding guild so it will be a while before I can get Normal Tier 15 set. Is it better for me to have LFR Tier 15 2/4 set bonus or should I use non-tier i522 pieces?Infectious1 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 So, cats... Now this isn't my first time to the rodeo, in fact my main is a hunter. But my main hunter was rolled during Burning Crusade so this is my first time leveling one from infancy in quite some time. I just wanted to make sure of one thing: Cats do nothing, right? Prior to level 80 there is no reason to get one because Mastery is not a thing yet? I am assuming this is correct but I admit it feels strange given the 82.6 billion cats available at even this level. (I do know that no pet gets a family skill until I'm lvl 20)Imogine9 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Stick with Undead, or reroll now? I dunno how many undead hunters roam the hunter forums, but if there are any, then I would like your opinion on something. Do you regret making an undead hunter? I need to decide whether or not I should continue leveling this character. I know that our racials are really bad, but I'm willing to overlook them if we are fine aesthetically. However, I'm not sure how I will look with endgame hunter gear at 85. I really wish that I could turn off the bone showing in my armor, but blizz has shown no interest in creating any option like that. I might as well ask now whether I should keep leveling this guy or reroll to something else.Moldybutt22 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 T15 2pc Bonus Is this a significant DPS increase? I ask because I just got 522 leggings off Jin'rokh and I wasn't sure if it would be a loss to break my 2pc by replacing the T15 LFR leggings. I'd sure appreciate any help!Leiva6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 TOTH or Dire Beast (BM PvP) Which is better: thrill of the hint or dire beast? Discuss.Aeromatic3 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Warlock vs hunter for soloing bosses... Hey guys, I have a lvl 85 demo lock and 59 hunter. I've played a lock since vanilla and don't know much about hunters at high levels. A big interest of mine is soloing old raids and bosses. I just watched a vid of a 90 lock soloing ragnaros...and it got me thinking: Is a lock or hunter stronger soloing raid targets?Nefar14 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 So the Direhorn pet Finally got a book and the only unique ability on these guys seems pretty rubbish :/ am I missing something or is it just how it is lolEldiarna24 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Valor gear... Soooo much hit and expertiese, i think my dps will drop if i get anymore of it.Dressari1 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Saurok Stalker 4 piece What's the general consensus of the 4 piece bonus? Wondering if I should just bother getting 2 pieces and just obtaining the rest via Shado-Pan Assault rep gear.Reiwgwroeirg3 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 stampede making raid lag. last few times ive done LFR in ToT and used stampede. ive been making the whole raid lag like crazy. its happened many times in different wings. my question is this. anyone else having this issue?Kamåhl18 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Hunter Help! Hey Guys and Girls, Ok, so I just came back a few months ago, I guess its been over a few years since I last played. I really miss being able to throw some killer DPS with MM spec. I feel like I have finally gotten the SV rotation down pretty good, but the issue is with my DPS with my ilvl(505). I feel I should be near 100k DPS. I am barely holding 80 during our raids. I have reforged from what askmrrobot.com, and made sure I am gemmed correctly off of Noxxic, and double checked my rotation. It is seriously frustrating, I ran SimulationCraft on my hunter and it is stating as MM I should be averaging out at 105k DPS and as Survival I should be averaging out at 106k DPS. I feel I have used all the resources out there to no avail, can someone throw me a bone? Thanks for your time reading this!Kalick8 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 almost 90 now what He guys this is going to be my first 90 and i wanted to get into raiding but there are so many reputations starring me in in my face i dont know which ones i should tackle first or if there was a specific order to do them. so can u give me some insight so i dont feel so over whelmedMetaxa4 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Bow Placement When On Back Does anyone else find this odd? It just seems awkwardly placed when compared to guns and crossbows.Shaíí15 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 need beast mastery help dps im trying to improve my dps at the begining of fights i can burst around 150k for about a solid minute but then i fall to 90 and then 70k by the end of the fight. I start by poping moc db bw gt kc rf then spam as click readiness then repeat then use st kc gt cs cs as as as cs cs kc gt as etc. Any tips? and i refuse to go survivalFearnet1 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 The History of Hunter Stings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKUhhSrfa8 I'd love to know If I missed something. I know I searched the !@#$ out of forums/blog post for any little thing and I'm pretty sure I only left out the Epic bow quest from vanilla and how the demons had weaknesses from certain stings.Hirumared0 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Focus makes me want to cry! I always seem to run it out and it just does not regen fast enough :( BG's and 5-mans are so frustrating when this happens, I feel like I am always waiting for focus to come back so I can keep doing damage. Does it get better? 1st time Hunter here.Jadedancer19 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 condensed all in one pet macro 112 characters this is just a condensed version of all the pet macros i have seen floating around, without all the clutter and unnecessary conditions for those minimalists out there. /use [mod, pet, @pet, nodead] dismiss pet; [mod] revive pet; [nopet] call pet 1; [@pet, dead] heart of the phoenix; mend pet condensed version below (same as above without the spacing) /use [mod,pet,@pet,nodead]dismiss pet;[mod]revive pet;[nopet]call pet 1;[@pet,dead]heart of the phoenix;mend pet priorities explained below (modifier used for dismiss and revive pet) dismiss pet (if pet exists and is not dead) revive pet (default to this if dismiss pet is false) call pet (if pet does not exist) heart of the phoenix (if pet exists and is dead) mend pet (default to this if call pet and phoenix are false)Riptor6 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Help with dps??! Lately I've been slacking quite a bit on the dps front, I can barely pull 30-35k dps and that's if I'm trying really hard. I know I'm not top of the line with gear, hence why I'm running heroics so much but even in heroics my dps slacks, can't imagine going into raid finder like this. If anyone could look at my armory profile maybe and give me some tips that'd be appreciated a lot. I've currently only got about 2kg so I can't go buy good gear either, just saying.Abyssful4 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Stop bringing your turtle to BGs I don't know what it was last night, but I ran into a half dozen different hunters who were using their turtles to PvP. Now, I'm not angry or anything, as I don't need honor gear, was just helping a friend get his healer geared, and we still won more than we lost. But just wow. It's embarrassing to the class when you do that. There's never a reason to bring a turtle to pvp, ever.Delaredia19 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Degu was sort of a let down I was just helping another hunter tame him and I had heard horror stories about him. but binding shot and concussive on cd he was quite easy i had more issues with the blue one on the mountains trying to find a circle anyone else feel like that? It took like maybe 3-4 tries and after figuring out right distance no issue.Sinfuldance0 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Stampede question Hey all I just unlocked stampede, and I was wondering if the damage of the pets summoned depended on their specialization, for example, do I need to have 5 ferocity pets in order to maximize my dps? Or are they all balanced, thanks in advance!Marknutt6 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 way over hit I use askmrrobot to do my reforges and such and it says my gear is optimized but as you will see on my profile I'm over a percent over hit capped. What should I do?Hûggles43 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Old Player | New World Alright so I haven't played in two years and I've read the guide for returning players in the "New Player Help and Guides" forum. However, I would like to know what I should look out for as a returning Hunter, sad to say but with all the changes I don't believe I qualify for being a veteran Hunter. Any class-suggestions -aside from Beast Master being the leveling spec- would be helpful.Urdeminna3 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Took me forever, but I finally got it! Macro! At low levels in Cataclysm, I always liked pulling with Steady Shot. It did more damage than Arcane Shot, and is only hindered by it's cast time. Use it before a pull, and the cast time's negated. In Mists, you can't do this anymore because the moment you hit Steady Shot, it activates Auto Shot and you launch an arrow/bullet/bolt/rabid critter. Also, on all of my toons, I interrupt my spells by just tapping a movement key so I jitter slightly in one direction. With the (wonderful!) addition of being able to move while casting Steady Shot, once I cast it, I can't interrupt it like how I'm used to. Not any more! If you're like me, this macro might be for you. #showtooltip Steady Shot /castsequence reset=1.5 Steady Shot; hurrdurr /stopcasting [nocombat][channeling=Steady Shot] Took me forever to get it to work. Press it once and you'll cast Steady Shot. If you're not in combat, it'll turn off Auto Shot before it fires off an arrow/bolt/bullet/rabid critter. If you -are- in combat, you'll continue Auto Shooting, so it won't interfere with that. Also, if you press it again in the first one and a half seconds into Steady Shot, it'll try to cast "hurrdurr", which isn't a thing, then it'll stop casting Steady Shot! If Blizzard ever decides to fix the /stopcasting Hunter bug, then this probably won't work, since the same line turns off Steady Shot and Auto Shot, depending on context, but for now, as the Heavy says, "Da, zis vill vork".Tankah2 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Thunderhawk, 2pc set bonus Does this thing actually do anything? I picked up the legs from Nalak last night and got the bonus. I was then running around killing rares for VP's. It kept proccing and a Wind serpent would show up beside me and just hang around. I never saw it cast anything and when I looked at recount I couldn't find it on the damage meter. What is the proc called and what % of damage/DPS does it generally do? I just can't see it doing anything.Blackmood5 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Hi Hunters, PTR question Hi everyone, I haven't played on the ptr, but was just wondering how hunters are in pvp with the handful of changes applied to them. Thanks for your time!Babyrabbits5 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 DPS issue Hi guys, Now let me first say that i only do LFR as thats what life allows me time for .. i find if i input my data on femaledwarf it says i should be close to 86k combined dps .. I burst at that , but never sustained that high .. Can someone check over gear/etc and give a little advice please ?? Thanks in advanceAshunta9 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Why did I not make a hunter before? Well, actually, I have, but only til about level 20..... But I can't believe that I never fully leveled one before. I absolutely love this class. I'm level 72 in less than 3 weeks, which is pretty good for me. Though at someone's suggestion, I wnet survival, and I don't really like using traps.... in fact, I forget I even have them. The hunter who recommended survival is MM, and he said that MM has become too complicated, and far too dependent on too many buttons to push. I play mostly solo, with some 5 man dungeons here and there, maybe 7 or 8 dungeons a week. It's not that I don't like survival, because I do; it is just that I know I will likely never use the traps to full potential. And I don't want to make any fellow dungeoners upset if I fail to do as well as I can / should. So, I may try BM as a duel spec, I guess. Finally, is there something I can do to have focus refresh more quickly? Glyph, maybe? Thanks a ton. And I really am enjoying this class.Veganhunter4 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 pets still taking 100% dmg in arena all god comps just 2 shot pet in a deep 250k frost bomb broken game, fix plzReformation16 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Ji-Kun H -Pet deaths?? I had heard that on Ji-kun there were issues with pets despawning but it maybe happened to me once or twice, very rare. I never had any issues with my pet dying though. We have started on heroic Ji-Kun and my pet is getting killed every attempt near the start. And I can't figure out how or why. I tried looking at my logs & it shows that my pet took the most damage from.. melee. yeah very helpful lol Second most damage is from Talon rake. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-55md80nh9ar1iil4/details/12/?enc=bosses&boss=69712 It seems it is dying when I am on the first top nest with the guardian. I thought maybe it was because I got up there before the tank but I tried waiting and with pet on passive/not letting it attack. It also seems to be dying as I jump down from that nest. It is not despawning but dying! It is really irritating me. Can anyone give me any advice on what is going on and how to stop it? Dying 2-3 times during a fight is just not cool and having to waste time rezzing it sucks.Isaboo1 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 What Spec for each boss in ToT? Hi, Just wondering what spec hunters are going for each boss in Throne of Thunder. (Normal Mode) What bosses are you going BM over Surv and why? Should I be swapping specs on fights from Survival based on my gear? ThanksYurij13 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 help with hunter plz. So I thought I would give the hunter a whirl for the sake of adding another character to my arsenal with some different utility for my raid team and some random bg's for giggles. I've never been much on ranged dps but this one seems much more fun than mage or lock. I actually enjoy it quite a bit. Anyway, I'm trying to gain some knowledge on a few things, and hoping some veterans can clear things up for me. First and foremost I'm torn between beast mastery and marksmenship. Exotic pets are what draws me to BM while the thought of being a sniper is fun too. Any perks or things I might not know about end-game play to help me decide? Pets are my other question. I don't wanna deal with all the stables and such so what kind of pets should I be carrying with me other than the obvious pandaren tiger I must carry with me at all times? And, last but not least bow, gun, or cross bow?Goaku2 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 What Class are you doing 2's with. I used to run 2's with an Assassination Rogue, but he recently quit playing so I've been looking to find a class that runs well with a Hunter. What have you guys had success with? I have heard that Hunter/Rogue is best for use at the moment.Daithe7 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Should I reforge a bit more into haste? Hi, so I recently went from a bm/surv crit>mastery>haste build to survival seeing overall it's more dominate for ToT. After doing some reforges and going to mrrobot to see how much crit/haste I can get out of my gear I came on the though should I reforge into a bit more haste until I get upgrades? I've been looking at other hunters and they all seem to be in 10% plus for haste, would this be worth doing or should I just keep what I have to keep my crit up there? Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.Veracnevas4 Apr 24, 2013