Hunter

Feb 18, 2013 ulduar auriaya 25 man solo what kind of gear do i need to pull this off? i found a video of a hunter doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15veiBbxNu4 and they did it months agao. i am not sure what i am doing so wrong. i am using a turtle instead of a spiritbeast but keeping the pet alive isn't super easy anyway. the shell really helps. i am not even able to get the first four cats down. i can sometimes come close but not quite get it (four cats). what i will do is have misdirect on pet and hot rolling and start out with barrage + turtle shell. i then go reapply hot and then misdirect BW and multishot my focus... after this i will reapply hot and misdirect + cower and then stampede and try and build focus. I FD if i have to and usually by this time my pet is close to dead and so am i... shortly after this point we both die. i want the bow that drops from her. any help is appreciated.Köan0 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Just hit 90, save honor for Malevolent gear? With 5.2 making malev gear available for honor, what would you do? Buy dreadful with what i have or wait?Taztiz4 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Aspect of the Iron Hawk... Am I just seeing a bug? Because when I hover over the buff indicator at the top right of my screen I see a 15% increase in attk power and when i hover over the aspect itself I see 10%...maybe I'm just dumb and don't see something in my passives. I don't know.Solzen2 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 A 3 /cast macro So I'm relatively new to hunters. I was wanting to make my macro simple to combine a bunch of skills I used each boss fight. Am I not allowed to chain 3 /cast in one macro and put it and have them all go off? I'm trying something like this: ... However, only two will generally trigger. Any help?Swedish9 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 How to tank Drek. Before we get into this... My Hunter is Garikk @ Staghelm Have you ever done an Av and gotten those tanks with cold feet.. I know I do, all the time on my hunter. I had 4 healers. 1 druid, 1 priest 1 shaman, and 1 Pally at least.. With no plate around and the 2 wrong towers capped (mid towers).. I took liberty of switching to my Turtle.. Yes my Tenacity Turtle, while not even BM spec'd (marks actually) in pvp gear.. with some moderate off healing form myself.. I made the Warcraft Hunter's Union proud.. we killed Drek with 1 Minute left on capping East and west Towers in AV... I want to pass this one out, to not only all the other hunters out there... but all of the tanks with cold feet.. because I want you to know, That if you don't.. you will only have been beaten by a none BM spec'd turtle.. I also want you to know that there are better tanking pets if you are BM spec'd spirit beasts, and the Worm, Never forget the Silithids either So please, take off the training wheels, use some real lip stick or bra, and grow some balls, next AV weekend.. please.....tank the red names with 2 towers up.. This isn't level 80, OMFG DREK 1 shottin tanks again.. with 3 towers up.. Your welcome, Sincerely Lexer of StaghelmLexer1 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Spirit Bond: The Petless Hunter Hello all! Classes that are a "Marksman" type class are my favorite thing to play is just about every game, and the hunter is no exception. One thing came to mind while I was questing through Azeroth and various other places...why are hunters forced into having pets? There are many NPCs that are "Hunters" but have no pets. The difference of having a little wolf to micromanage (or whatever animal you choose) and not having one is HUGE. I understand that they are a "Pet Class" at heart, but so are Warlocks. They have Grimiore of Sacrifice, an ability that lets them sacrifice their pet for more power. I've played a warlock since this game released, in addition to my other characters, and I can honestly say that I don't miss my demons at all. This is not to say that pets be removed from hunters entirely, as other people LOVE them, but I'd like another option. I'd suggest tying an effect similar to the Warlock spell "Grimiore of Sacrifice", but to the hunter talent "Spirit Bond". (The talent's current effect would remain the same passively, it would only dismiss the pet when activated.) The idea behind this would be that your animal is with you "In Spirit". When activated, the talent would dismiss your pet and maintain the DPS you'd have with it. Whether this be "Stealing" some of its power or something else entirely, it would be so cool to just be an "Archer" or "Marksman" without worrying about a pet. It would add more options and flavor to the game, which is something Blizzard is trying to do in MoP. TLDR: Add an effect similar to the warlock talent "Grimiore of Sacrifice" to the hunter talent "Spirit Bond" in order to have a petless option for hunters.Bribri13 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Completely fair How is it remotely ok, for a hunter to be able to have two trinkets, 2 5 second bubbles that make them completely immune, while their pets do 50-100k crits at the same time. You can't line them because their pets solo you, you can't cc the pets because the hunter can just break them out, you can't kill the pet because the hunter can instant res. Let alone you can't open on them because they have invis.. as a hunter.. and a flare, so you can't get to themNøki4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 MM macros to help improve dps Good morning, fellow hunters! I've been experimenting with macros this last week to try and improve my dps, but I have not had much luck. I've been through the macro guide, but what I'm looking for isn't really there, or I don't understand it quite yet. So far, I have removed the need for double-clicking to cast/stop cast on things, which saves me time. Plus targeting, which also saves me time. What I'd like to know is if there is a macro to help with activating Rapid Fire automatically every time its cooldown is up and then continue to cast my shot rotation (serpent sting will already be applied since I open with it, so no need to put that into the macro, unless necessary for it to work). Generally speaking, my shot rotation looks something like this: serpent sting-->chimera shot-->blink strike-->glaive toss (where applicable)-->steady shot (on repeat until cooldowns come off, at which point I prioritize thusly: 1. Aimed Shot (when instant) 2. Kill shot 3. Chimera shot 4. Blink strike 5. glaive toss (again, where appropriate) 6. multi-shot (when proc'd for reduced focus cost in AoE situations) A macro I've found to be quite useful is #showtooltip Deterrence /cancelaura Deterrence /cast Deterrence which enables you to click on Deterrence again to cancel its effect, rather than having to find it amongst your buff bar and cancel it that way. Makes it easy when you only need it active for 1-2 seconds to avoid boss damage during raids, but don't want to interrupt your dps too much. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, hunters!Cheetara4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Hunter PVP gear low mastery What is the deal? The crafted PVP gear has a ton more mastery than the honor or conquest sets... and I mean thousands of points more. Mastery is the top stat behind agility for BM hunters.. I don't understand why they would make honor and conquest sets with extremely low Mastery. I feel like my damage would drop A LOT if I upgraded my gear. This sucks! I don't want to go reforge every main piece I buy just to get a tiny bit of Mastery. Why is it like this?Dpants4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Melee weapon vanity slot. I know we can still equip one melee weapon at this point and time but we can't hold it on us in combat and it take away from our character not having it. I would love to carry around my arcanite ripper in a slot that doesn't add to our stats. Can we please have both melee slots back but without the stats?Insanium0 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 what will you name your direhorn? Im thinking of taming a blue one and naming him Billy. You know, the blue ranger from the original Power Rangers who had the triceratops zoid :DKattniiss13 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 My x-mog set What bow looks best with set? 1- Skyfire Hawk-Bow 2- Golemheart Longbow 3- Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth ~ i can just go with Vengeful Gladiator's Longbow ~ or what range weapons do you recommend to go with setHunters4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Stags, maggots as hunter pets This is my second hunter and I have always, since the beginning of wow, wanted a stag as my hunter pet. The models look so cool and it would be so majestic. My friend who plays an undead hunter really wants to train a giant maggot, like the ones roaming around eastern plague lands. Please make this pets trainable?Elhymriel30 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Orc Hunter. No other race exists... I want to make a hunter. I feel extremely pressured to roll an orc because they have AMAZING pve and pvp abilities. I do like how they look, so please don't say just roll what you like - I like them. I also like other Races but I'd feel as if I'd lose a lot if I didn't go orc :/Pikachuuchu44 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Help! I have a 70 hunter with Ton's of rested exp. and a Mage full looms at 67 what would be better at 90, i like to top charts and i always see hunter and Mage's going at it. Getting gear inst a problem at this time so what do you guys think i should lvlPréstige2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Need Trinket Help! Helo guys, I want to say Alchemist stone is better...but I like shinny purple on me. Which one is better in terms of survival hunter dps? Note: Mastery will be reforged to expertise. Bottle of Infinite Stars Zen Alchemist Stone Thank you!Bigbags2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Looking for a rare Hi there, is the a rare near me that I can tame that I won't get murdered getting to if I put my pet in my stable?Sylviamaggot6 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Rate Hunters x-mog 1-10 scale. Annnnnnnnnddddd go. Rate Xmog above youHunters1 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 SV, BM and MM in PvP... I really looked forwards to the talent changes in MoP. With Readiness baseline and Silencing Shot available through the talent system... I figured I could PvP in SV... Well that didn't last long. I tried a few random battlegrounds and literally couldn't see any difference in the health bar of my target. (This was the beginning so my gear wasn't that good.) So off to the forums. BM seemed to get rave reviews. So I swapped to BM. (Hated leaving SV/MM though.) Then it was off to find a rare... Gave up and finally tamed Ban. Right away an almost 3x boost in damage done. Measured subjectively of course. This time I could actually see the health bar going down. Once I figured out a couple of *CD Stacking* macros. Was carried to 3 arena wins by a really nice DK on our realm, by assist targeting, hitting zoo and spamming arcane shot. (No - I started BM after all of the bugs in zoo were fixed for arena in case you are wondering.) Then when I got the Mal bow. Holy crap, what a difference... By then I was tired of all my damage being pet based. With a pet that never seemed to be where I wanted him to be when I needed him to be where I wanted him to be... If you get my drift. So back to MM! Put my pet back on passive and keep him for the special ability... Web, stun, etc... That seemed to go ok for awhile. I mean it was kind of nice to get back to Marks. After the last couple of nights though, I may be returning to BM... Shooting Steady Shots at a warrior with 3/4 Mal, most of it upgraded and a base health above 500K... Watching them hit for between 4k and 5k... Geez - like running SV again. With buffs and trinkets up he was over 700k health... By the end of the expac he's gonna be over 1M easy. So I'm guessing I'll try BM again for awhile... Anyway - feel free to add any ramblings about your fav hunter PvP spec...Kholin7 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Worst raid bosses for a hunter which fight do you feel is the worst for a hunter as far as maintaining good dps gpes, for me i feel like it elegon or will. there are too few adds for me to get good numbers AoE wise while there are just enough where the constant target switching seems to kill my dps. i do both of those fights on BM because SV takes a long time to ramp and the adds require more front end damage. problem is that pet pathing sucks sometimes i see my pet do a double take even though i only switch once. maintaining 40+ focus is a !@#$% too because of sparks and you lose sting uptime if your on add dutyReturnzero7 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 question for pvp hunters is there anyone you feel you actually have issues with in 3s, 2s, and world pvp? looking at a new main and stuck between dk and hunter.Herbform0 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Low level bg spec Hello everyone, Im goign to be leveling this character by only doing BG's mostly and maybe some questing for gear. Could someone tell me the best low level spec for pvp? Thank you!:PBandet4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Need to get this Hunter up to speed Hello there Hunter community! I come bearing a problem which I hope you can help me fix. There's a Hunter in our Guild who I think isn't doing nearly what he should be in raids. He's averaging 40k dps and is insistent it's his gear. I have my doubts. Suffice to say, I'd like to learn a bit about where he may be going wrong so that I can speak with him about what he needs to fix. Here is his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dawnbringer/Centaro/simpleXaviel8 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 which melee gives BM most grief in 5.2? As of now there really aren't any melee that are that bad for me in bgs. The melee that is the hardest atm are the ones that are warrior, ret and enhance that OUTGEAR me. I can often beat people who outgear me, but they are the hardest. I would say that warriors with the right talents for stuns, roots and shutting us down are the most suck. Ret that really outgears me AND has their cds up when my trinket is down will blow me up. Well played enhance that outgears me is also really hard. AS OF 5.2 which melee will be best for dealing with hunters? Will DK be any good? Monks or rogues make a comeback? Warriors the same? Enhance the same? I almost never see feral and when i do if they are well geared i need to trinket their first stun or the bleeds are the suck. In equal (more or less bis) gear any melee beats BM hunter?Köan2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 pet move speed needs a buff for pve especially for fights like will and elegon where your having your pet jump around alot to help on adds, events, boss targets, even more so when your carrying your team mates dps as well >> i wish dash was perma on for pve would make things alot simpler. even with good macros theres just way too much down time with pet travel/retargeting.Endl15 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 More Stable slots & Hydras in 5.2? So Blizzard, with more dinos becoming tameable, can we get more storage for pets? Even it it was only 5 more slots; it would help out BIG time! And to all that will say it; I know it isn't pokemon; with hunter pets; with companion pets it is. AND will Hunters be able to tame Hydras?Kahless23 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Does Feign Death Still drop target? Never seems to do anything pvp. Do you need to make it a macro and /stopcast?Tanrith5 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Best hunter pvp spec as of now? Opinions?Kevyne3 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Current state of Hunters How do you guys feel about the current state of Hunters? Do you feel that we could use a buff (Who doesn't want a buff.)? Perhaps a nerf (Really stupid question I know.)? How do you guys feel about Hunter PvP? What about Hunter PvE? Patch 5.2 changes, do you consider them buffs or nerfs? I'm just curious to see what other hunters think and feel in our current spot.Calelroot40 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 What would you upgrade? I'm currently in a pickle deciding on what to upgrade. Trinket wise, I can't afford a Relic of Xuen, just cost too much gold for me at the moment. I am just about revered with Operation Shieldwall, which means I can pick up an Arrowflight Medallion (+1,152 Agility & 3838 Crit on use) The trinket would replace my Bottle of Infinite Stars *Raid Finder* (Mastery/Crit with a 2,866 Agility Proc) My other option would be to buy the Klaxxi pants, to replace my heroic blue legs. I know in terms of gear score, upgrading the pants would be better. In terms of DPS, what do you think is better?Tortirra0 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 spirit beast names! just caught banthalos this morning and am not naming him banthalos for obvious reasons. also i have ankha and magria who need names pregnant with nothing else to do, if someone can please twell me the last time gondria or skoll spawned? they are next on my list i am on aegwynnnnn and wil tell you when the owlie last spawnedPrisile0 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Survival PvP I'm getting bored of BM, I'm under geared and forcing full malv/malv elite players to pop all CDs just to kill me in BGs and 1v1s (Just for practice). I was MM for a while and that feels way underwhelming at times so I thought survival would be good. Is explosive shot just a pretty little effect we have now? or does it do real damage? My average ES crits on targets in BGs i just played was 6-7k Average Normal hit and 12-13k Crit on people. Are these numbers low because I don't have my weapon yet? P.S. i wish blizzard would make ES hit as hard as it did in wrath for the few months we had it :(Yobhguod3 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Need Stable Space Not sure if it's been brought up, but any word on additional stable slots?Kegsmasher0 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Rhok'Delar Recovery With the implementation of Transmog, I'm suddenly kicking myself for destroying this bow for bag space. GM response to my ticket was "some things are not within the power of the GM department". Has anybody had luck with getting a GM to restore this item?Cubanpete12 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 For those with Goat pets... You might get a "kick" out of this video...I literally was lmao out of my chair especailly at the one that sounds like a crazed person screaming! http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/video-two-minutes-goats-screaming-humans-udderly-amazing-210104692.htmlRaygar0 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Hunter PvP What talents/glyphs and pet is everyone using to PvP on a Hunter? I recently started playing him again and I was torn on what I should choose for PvP (as I've hadn't had much success for a while).Electrøflux9 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Survival and Marksman are too similar Me respecing into MM is a matter of swapping out like 2ish abilities and seeing my little green cobra shot turn into a white steady shot. Sure passives are different, like Steady Focus for example helps to change the playstyle, but there is definitely not enough different abilities (non-passive abilities) between the two. Everything below is just my opinion. It is definitely not at all what would be the best way to approach this, it is just a few suggested changes. 1. Fix Powershot or whatever people don't like about it, then make it baseline for MM only. Add in a new level 90 talent to replace it. 2. Possibly some unique traps for Survival. This is more for the reason of fun rather than balancing purposes, a simple passive that buffs traps slightly doesn't feel like enough to give Survival the feeling that it is intended to be better at trapping. 3. Make Camouflage a Survival only ability. I feel some people will not like this, but I don't see your entire BM / MM spec being killed just because of this. Sorry that I am suggesting a nerf, but I feel like it would definitely help make Survival more viable in PvP (by making the other two slightly less viable) than it currently is. Balancing can come later if even necessary at all. 4. Make Exhilaration baseline for Survival only and replace that talent with something else.Bavok3 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Spirit Beasts+ XRealm= Fail Been trying to get a spirit beast on my fresh 90 hunter, and guess what, it has been a pain in the !@#. The ones in Hyjal are fased out because i didnt do the zone. Every spawning spot has people farming them or other Rares and just kill them along. But the best part gotta be having to compete with other servers hunters/archievement hunters...Kllach9 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 What was the most useless hunter ability.... ...Since release? I know Lacerate shall be a favorite, but I'll still vote for Counterattack. "Let me wait to 5% Parry that warrior beating on me, then I'll root him in place!"Panzers38 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Help me name my turtle! Hello fellow hunters. I just got one of the new Pandaria turtles and I love him, except I can't come up with a name! I need your help! What should I name my brand new pet???Whammer18 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 More hit rating on 5.2 valor gear, please Because the cumulative 5339 hit on the level 522 shadow pan rep stuff, is well, just too low, right? I'm reforged out of hit already in heroic blues. 522 neck 1020 chest 696 gloves 1015 legs 1467 trinket 619 waist I'm actually mostly concerned with the massive amount on the trinket, which is near 60% of cap all on its own, nevermind your other 15 slots (and there's plenty of haste for me to reforge the hell out of next tier). Some of us, like me, have just picked up the game again, and I know valor purchased gear is supposed to be sub par, but this is rather ridiculous.Plaopang8 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 question about the importance of ranged weap Howdy. I've had this hunter since vanilla but never used it as a raider. I recently started gearing up for raiding and junk due to guild's DPS needs. My DPS seems lackluster even with the gear I've managed to accumulate. Is the fact that I'm still using a blue quality weapon really bringing my DPS down significantly, or am I just a baddie?Brawnhammer5 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Powershot!! is fixed! Now it is the top choice in 90 tier for PvP! Im pumped!Greter17 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Returning to game from wrath: Quivers? After playing my hunter again I just noticed my quiver is now a bag and is not shown on my back... Sure removing the mechanics of them was fine but why the models? They had many nice quiver models, and now I am stuck pulling arrows out of the air. I remember it was a bit frustrating in Wrath when the quiver would be competing with 2h's on my back but now they removed melee weapons so quivers would be perfect. I searched and found this tweet from https://ja.twitter.com/mumper/status/254297335046217728 ... Has anyone heard anything new? Probably not much hope for 5.2..Krackel2 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 I really miss Eyes of the Beast :( Can we please have it back? It was just a really fun ability. I enjoyed sneaking around with my cat and just generally goofing off. Please?Frankyzappa2 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 looking for a decently easy xmog for my bow any ideas?Kiza0 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Patrannache most difficult Tame so far Patrannache was a headache to get. I would see the tracks, but never be able to find him. Then I followed them backwards, still no luck. Then alliance fail hunters were attacking me all over 4 winds. Finally I started follwing the tracks backwards, found a narrow spot where I knew he had to pass by in a few minutes and sat there with my flare going non stop and got him. Was a tough tame.Skills3 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Do tanking pets matter? Does matter if I have a crab,bear,turtle? are there any differences? Just found my answer. Thanks. http://www.blizzardguides.com/wow_hunter_pet_guide.htmlMechazod12 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Armory me And tell me what I'm doing wrong/need to change. I just came back from a 7 month hiatus, and am gearing for arenas in 5.2. Ill be playing with my resto shaman friend and probably a feral or warrior. I would like some advice and feedback on proper gemming and enchanting, as well as talent and glyph choices. On a side note, I seem to be having the most trouble with locks and spriests, any tips on beating them 1v1?? Thanks in advance for all the help!Raving1 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Pet issues in arenas. Has anyone else had the issue where their pet starts an arena between 20-50% health and is still taking dots from the previous arena? This has been happening off and on to me for months, put in bug reports been checking for hotfixes but nothing. i run double dps so my pet dies sometimes before the arena gates even open, or if im late calling my pet hell take the dots while im stealthed and break his stealth leaving me to be found. please fix this blizzard, it took you about a year to admit powershot was broken, please dont take another year to fix this.Beastmachine2 Feb 15, 2013