Hunter

Apr 10, 2013 Back from the past. Hello all I have not played since 2008. I wanted to get back into Wow with my old hunter, lvl 70. I have upgraded all the way to MoP. It has been so long I can't remember wich web pages to read amout setting up addons and such. I am a old BM hunter, I was looking for direction for getting back into the game. I am in SW and about to take the boat to the north and start questing. Any help would be very usefull thanks again.Ovlon4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Dismiss pet change Recent PTR Updates: -Dismiss Pet now has a 3 sec cast time, up from 2. Really?!?! Blizz, you don't have better things to be doing? Since when is this an issue? It is already rather pathetic how many limitations there are on hunter pets for a class designed around their pets. Warlocks have better pet functionality. The reason Blizz gives for the change is they don't want Hunters swapping pets easily in PVP. Wtf?!?! They dont want a classed based around it's pets to use their pets(tools) appropriate to the current situation? But it's OK for locks? /sighTiten28 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Serpent Sting Make it undispellable. Please :( PS-- Hunter that hates the !@#$ out of BM. Don't make me use it, Blizzard. Please no.Arielen5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Flaming Boar can any1 hlp with some tips on taming this pain in the anus from what ive learned if he lvls before he dies u dont get flames but i just did that still no flames ???Fenlladronsd16 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Are Hunters hard to play? Hello im wondering how hard a BM hunter is to play im pretty decent with keybinds but am I going to be overloaded with them and how is pet control?Vchina13 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Kill command / Blink Strike So Im trying a macro. /cast Blink Strike /cast Kill Command The idea is that I can controll kill command and blind strike by pressing one keybind but this macro is only casting blink strike. From what I understood of macros, If something doesnt cast or is unable to cast it just goes to the next spell and lets it cast. Well when blink strike is on cooldown, shouldnt it let me cast kill command with this macro? Did something change with macros because this doesnt seem right to me.Daudelus13 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Thori'dal, The Star's Fury - Legendary Idea. So today I ran Sun Well - it dropped and I now have it. Would it be to much to ask of Blizzard to provide the auto shot graphic to all my bow's since I now own the legendary? It would be nice to see this considering I've run Sun Well so many times trying to get this Item at level and post content. - I look at it as though it would be similar to those with the Mount Achievement for the 310 speed mounts prior to the ability to purchase it. Furthermore, it would give hunters something to strive for. - Just a small /flex durring raids ect... /Thanks For reading.Volley20 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Did they finally fix misdirect? .Remigus16 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Finally! "Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20." Taken from the 5.3 patch notes. :) I hope this stays, as I know some things that appear in patch notes or the PTR don't make it to live. I...to put it lightly, have a taming problem. I love having a variety of pet types, unique skins, rare spirit beasts, etc. Unfortunately, I've had to limit myself to only keeping a few, and leaving a slot or two open in my stables just in case. But now, I can go out and tame the ones I want! I am heading straight for a grub worm of some kind, Hexapos, Humar or his Sholazar Basin look alike, and I miss having Sambas riding along with me while on my Golden King mount. Anyone else excited about this? :D I've been waiting a good while for this to happen!Shootboyz10 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 25 Man Progression and state of Hunters This question is based off 25 man progression only. Please stay on topic. What is the need to bring hunters currently to any 25 man raid other than gear? Does our utility in some situation out weigh our middle dps rankings? What can we bring that is a clear winner for our raid team to bring us along? Tallstriders dust cloud? I keep asking myself these questions and keep coming up blank or making excuses for us. I am fine being in the middle of DPS but only when balance is in play. Thank you for your time and hopefully you can help me out.Busdriverx41 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Expertise CHECK IT Yeah its WAY over....Environ1 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Troll Hunter 1% expertise question Googled around and could not find a recent clear cut answer, I have never used Mr.Robot before but I decided to give it a try and after it did its thing it left my expertise 1% short of cap in the character panel in game. Reforgelite does the same, so is the 1% exp bonus not factored into the character panel in game?Riph2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 The Issues with Hunters in 25 Man Raids! My main is a hunter. Relatively geared with BiS non Heroic + Heroic Gear. My question is why bring a hunter to raids, especially 25man Raids, this raid tier or for any raid tier? Now hunters are not broken. It doesn't take amazing players to clear heroic content it just takes time and gearing the raid up. WoW raiding content isn't really that hard its just the dps race in the first couple of weeks were guilds push themselves to get world and realm first kills. Hunters will and always have spots in 25man raids and the only people to really compete against is other hunters in your raid due to boss mechanics and a host of other variables. But.... Hunters have no way to top the damage meters in raids when playing with even skill level players and evenly geared. Their aoe potential is great, but there are other classes including hybrids who will out damage them on aoe boss fights. A hunter is a Pure DPS class. All 3 Specs are for DPS. We don't have anything else we can do besides range dps in raids. The tax on hybrid classes to not outd amage pure dps classes has gone out the window many xpacs ago. We are but a few of the pure dps classes in the games and equal geared and skilled hybrids will beat us on damage and can do so much more. All a hunter provides to a raid boss fight is raid buffs, albeit good ones in 10man to fill gaps, but in 25man almost every raid buff and debuff is in the raid and a hunter has nothing to offer. We have no aoe healing abilities, stampeding roar, we can't even spot heal if a healer dies, no aoe heals, absolutely nothing we can bring to a raid besides DPS and almost all other classes can beat us be it hybrid or not. If you need proof look at world of logs where Hunters rarly, rarly rank in top 100 in 25man normal or heroic. This is the top of the top geared and skilled pvers. It is as fair of a sample anyone can use, all these players are min maxing and taking full advantage to put out as much dps on every fight. So what do we need to fix our class? It is not as easy as it sounds, PvP is also a part of the game which effects us. Readiness needs to be removed. It makes our cooldowns not powerful when we need them and messes up a lot of timing on boss fights. Having sub standard cooldowns for pve because we can reset them and use them again is mainly a pvp thing. Buff all of our shots for increased damage. I will not go into great deal but our abilities do not scale as well with gear as most classes due to their mechanics. Mastery is useless for all 3 hunter specs. Mastery needs to provide more of a % increase than it currently does to make it not completely useless. Our tier bonuses also are not as great as most classes. All in all the major issues with Hunters is the need to balance for pve and pvp. It is very hard to balance them for both situations so blizzard is content with keeping them sub par. TLDR: Equal skill and geared players including hybrids will out damage hunters in pve content. Hunter provides no raid utility in 25man raids. Readiness and the need to balance hunters for pvp make them a subpar dps class for 25mans.Vanfelsing2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Hunter pvp damage out of control please nerf Just as the title suggests..<br/><br/>Every bg im in there's at least 2-5 hunters on the opposing team and the damage is just straight up rediculous. How could blizzard even think of ignoring this problem. Bg's are not fun when u have Hunters just sitting back and critting me constantly for 20-30k. Getting cut down by skilless hunters is just plain stupidity... please do something.<br/><br/>Nasdi12 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Hunter PvP, any changes on the horizon? Ill be braking this down in the simple question for some people may involve themselves with one part of the topic and not the other. These questions are aimed at discussions between players and hopefully some feedback of sometime from blizzard. I would really like to know what they think. Will we see any balance changes to BM to tone down some of their burst? Given the nature of Bestial Wrath do you for see a time where it maybe removed from readiness cd resetting? How do you feel about MM and/or Survival in pvp at the moment? do you consider their damage to be on par with BM? What do you think of adding a armor penetration mastery to marksman? is this a terrible idea? Would adding small chance to stun back to explosive shot be possible? is this a terrible idea? Do you feel that hunter self healing through glyphs and talents maybe to high or to low? How do you feel about the glyph of aimed shot and baking it into aimed shot baseline? Have you thought about making some pet abilities have lower cds? Rapid fire seems like awfully long cd for MM or Surv considering bm has BW, could this be changes for one or the other spec wise? Overall how do you think hunters are doing currently the game at the moment?Curvus6 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Widow venom and monstrous bite stack? Does widow venom and monstrous bite from the devilsaur stack?Hotshoota10 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 HELP!!!!! What am i doing wrong??? I'm using the current rotation and i still can't get my DPS over 50,000 and even that is hard to achieve. my guilds raid leader says i have to be able to get at least 90,000 in order to raid with them and that my gear has nothing to do with it.Alphakiller11 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Eyes of the Beast - Minor Glyph After some minimal searching, I've only found an MMO post about this so I thought I would bring it up (I apologize if it has been discussed already). I figure it would be a realistic means to have this ability back because I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses it.Azuralynn0 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 What I miss about hunter's So i brushed off my hunter the other day, was fairly fun.. i caught on quickly (this was all pvp mind you) and like helllll.. I kept trying to Instinctively switch to aspect of the fox from my usual binds, and I kept going into Cheetah I saw a recent blue tweets/or forum posts about people complaining about bloats... but I don't know if i'm one of the few that likes bloats :x Makes the play stile more challenging, which of course leads into a separate topic of its own. Bottom line i love aspect shifting, timing it with your chimeras and Aimed procs, and switching back!Soulstep3 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 WTB Tammable Hydra & Oondasta Been waiting a long time to tame a hydra. At one point we didn't have snakes or devilsaurs now we do! Some say its just a matter of time before blizz lets us have them... Heck if blizz made some tome that teaches hunters to tame them and sold it online in their store...they would make mountains of chash! and we would be at peace at last! I would even settle for a spirit beast hydra. Also how cool would it be to tame Oondasta?! Talk about a challenge tame...Howitzerg9 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 PVP gems Simple question, I cant find a good guide online for this. I didnt play in 5.0/5.1 that much, but ive been playing heavily in 5.2. Basically, im confused on my blue gems. I have gem'd for PVP power on my blues, but a lot of people at 1700+ rating all want people at 7k resil or higher. I am at 6.9 and am wondering if PVP resil gems are better to gem than PVP power gems. THis may be a dumb question, but I use the add-on oqeue and every time i try to find a group people dont think I have proper gear when I have 4 pieces of tyran. kind of weird when im fully geared...... lemme know, click on my name if you need to see how im gem'd. thanksLysergics12 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Stampede problem....... again. I am a bit confused right now. Every time I enter a dg I make sure that my pet growl is off. I use to re-summon all my pet one by one and turn the growl off before entering dg. I also have glyph of stampede , but today all of them cat growl again whenever I use stampede. I was yelled at by the tank PET TAUNT. I told him , it is only that particular spell but my pet growl is off. So I avoid using that spell except for during boss fight (or when boss near dying). Is there anything else that can be done? My spell book grow is off by default. Am I missing anything?Erinbates14 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Looking for suggestions Hey guys, im wondering if using Askmrrobot is really a good idea. I have my gear optimized thru it and i dont think my dps is what it should be. I have loooked at forums and different sites for rotations. Im pulling around a 60k average on boss fights in LFR. Any suggestions on what i should change or am i close to where i should be. THXHemiroid3 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 [5.3] wish list Blizzard, I wanna say thank you for expanding the size of our stabe slots to 50. I read that and thought it was an April Fool's Joke. I am so glad it isn't a joke. I am no "Crazy Cat Lady/Mister"!! I do have one request though; and that is, would you plz'o plz allow us to tame Hydras?!? :-D I even have one picked out that I saw in Netherstorm, Outlands. Oh, a Steggosuarus would be kewl to add to the dino collection with a flying one too. It's so I can have all the Dinobots, (Devilsaur=Grimlock; Stegosaurus=Snarl; Pteranodon=Swoop; Direhorn=Slag; Apatosurus=Sludge) Stegosaurus and Pteranodons are already in the game. Apatosurus isn't in the game (/sad) -Kahless- P.S. Has anybody notice when a Direhorn is fight; that sometimes if falls over like if it were FD'ing and then get back up and contenue fighting??Kahless30 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Hunter deterrence Anybody noticed that the druid's version of deterrence is better? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110617/deterrence My main is a resto druid. I'm currently leveling a hunter (currently 84) and was excited to have 60sec cd with deterrence but then I noticed that the hunter version is much weaker and I die frequently even while using it from dots.Garadine16 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Pet wont hold agro I've searched the hunter forums about this but the threads I've found are like 2 years old. I am doing some of the old school raids like most of TBC and WOTLK, and my pet just wont hold agro no matter what. I am BM and I using a shale spider as my tanking pet and I send my pet wait for about 5 to 10 seconds and then as soon as I attack my pet looses agro and just wont hold on. Have any of you fellow hunters have experience this and if so how have you guys fixed?Àrtèmis3 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Mouseover macros and how to use them... Hey all... I've been playing since release and have never used a 'mouseover' macro before. I just started a hunter to mess around with for fun and wanted to use a mouseover macro to apply Hunter's Mark on my target, if hostile. I've searched google and found a few, some simple, some doing multiple things. (like auto pet attacks and such) This is the one of the more basic ones I've found: /cast [target=mouseover, harm, exists] [harm, exists] Hunter's Mark Now, here's the dumb question. How does this actually work? I'm assuming I hover my mouse over a hostile target, but I still need to press a button bound to that macro, correct? So, usually I don't tab-target, just select it with Mouse Button 1... could I bind it to that? Thanks for any info! --vpVarietypack3 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Sick and Tired Of This Blizzard, come on now. When are you going to bring back Volley?! Forget stable slots, I, nay, WE, demand that Volley returns!Axeride17 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Dinomancy in 5.2 Is the book for Dinomancy going to be bop? Or are we going to get lucky and it's going to be boe? Does anyone know?Barnybus24 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Rate the hunter's name above you Inspired by similar threads on other class forums, not expecting anything spectacular on mine because it's so.. normal. But eh, I'm Kain.Kaîn194 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Are we... As faceroll as everyone says we are or am I over complicating the hunter class? People keep saying that BM hunter is the easiest most faceroll class there is. I usually don't bash on which classes are easiest to play but this has gotten to me a lot. I've taken the time to maximize my damage output in PvE setting and when I go to play some of my other classes I feel like I'm not doing near as much with worrying which ability to use next and which to hold off on until another ability is has run its course like with holding off on using your Focus Fire of 5 stacks until BW has run its course. In PvP I do find it easier because rather than worrying about rotation, I worry about my CCs, Traps, Kiting, just flat out damage and surviving while working with my team mate. I won't say that we are the hardest but I don't believe we are the easiest either. Anyone can jump on to a class and play but to actually be good, totally different matter. Your thoughts with this my fellow hunters, specs across all boards are welcome to discussion. Have MM and SV had this problem as well with being told they are a cake walk to play? I'm pretty sure hunters hit more than 3-4 buttons. Oh and trolls.... Troll me with your best shot. ;PKanelos37 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 NPCscan question So I'm trying to get my first spirit beast on my hunter. I was told about NPCScan and I downloaded it, but am absolutely clueless as to how it works. When I logged out, it said a bunch of NPCs had been removed from the database or something, including some of the rares I was interested in. I was told I had to delete my cache but wasn't sure how to do it. So in a nutshell: how exactly does it work? how do i make sure the adds I care about aren't ignored? Philosophunk10 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 stempede make it unable to use in arenaConical19 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Stampede Attacking Non-Aggro Mobs I really just started using Stampede, but I've had something odd happen repeatedly now in PvE: After the first target is dead, the pack of pets takes off and attacks other mobs that aren't even in aggro range. This isn't a huge problem with weak open-world mobs, but could cause a wipe in a raid. Is this a known bug?Zanrul4 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Dire Beast vs. ToTH as survival? It seems like ToTH does more for my focus, especially on AoE fights. Is the damage the actual beast does noteworthy at all?Azureblast47 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 What's your transmog set? Title ^-^ I'm thinking about using the SM gear... Just can't get any dropsSkulè52 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Blizzard needs to fix the pet in... temple of kotmogu battleground. everytime a player jumps down, the pet(s) have to go around. many time i cast Stampede to summon all pets, by the time the pets go around, the half of its duration is gone. i believe this also happen to other classes' minions.Iamyourdad0 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Hunters... What is the hardest class for you to beat 1v1? Aside from healers.Tonkatoy31 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Trueshot Aura I've noticed this for a while now and I imagine it's just a bug, but I'm curious if any other hunters have noticed this as well. Whenever I'm in a group, raid or otherwise, it never shows the Trueshot Aura buff. If there's no other AP class, it always shows a buff missing where TSA should fill it. It just has me concerned if anyone is actually getting the aura at all. Any other hunters notice this problem?Arzax8 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Glyph of Preengagement ... what do you guys think?Methalos6 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Question about sporebats Does their spell haste buff apply to ES/SS?Finnigån5 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 HCT 9: Dual Wield Pistols Where? @Leo Bioshock mind!@#$ed the hell out of me but worth every cent. Jobay got our thread deleted. Awesome.Bullettime500 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Stampede Aggro in PvE Situations! Ok the reason I am creating this thread is because personally as a tank I'm sick of huntards in random heroics having their pet's taunt on. Now I'm not saying that their primary pet's taunt is active, but when they use Stampede A.K.A Zoo one or more of their pet's will constantly taunt the boss which can be a very bad thing in cases such as the last guy in Mogu'Shan Palace. His Cone Shockwave ability isn't something you want to just stand in. So if your pet is tanking it at the time of it going off and your healer is already having issues cause they just dinged 90 it could cause your group to wipe. IDK if people are just uninformed or if their just beeing jackasses, but reguardless if you turn all of your pet's taunt off that are currently with you; you won't have this problem. I have a hunter as well so I know for a fact that this works. Also. If you run the Minor Glyph of Stampede keep in mind that seeing as how your primary pet's growl is off the other 4 will still growl. Not sure if Blizzard is aware of this problem but it seems as long as your not running the glyph and all of your pet's growl is turned off that this will never be a problem. AND LOCKS WTF DO YOU EVEN HAVE THREATENING PRESENCE ON FOR? IF YOUR PET NEEDS TO HOLD AGGRO FOR YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG YOUR A FLUXING LOCK! THURN THAT CRAP OFF PLEASE LOCKS AND HUNTERS!Kratanos45 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Sonic Pulse Generator! Just a minor opinion thread, sorry if it seems pointless. I just feel this gun deserves more justice than it got. Not the stats, not the looks or firing muzzle flash animation but the SOUND! I think total silence on a gun is kind of ...well...silly. I know its supposed to be some sub-sonic frequency where only mantid can hear it , but still though, give this cool looking gun an awesome sound! On the plus side, if you are someone that always wanted a gun, but hate the firing sound...this is the gun for you lol. I do hope they change this one day and give it a cool sound effect when firing. While Im at it, I think ranged weapons, particularly guns, have a few variants to how they sound when firing. Similar to melee attacks. For example a rogue's sinister strike sounds different from say, their cheap shot. Your thoughts.Raygar1 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Need advice for transmog set. I have the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle and I would like a set to go with it for this character.Løvely6 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Hunter Pets Squishy? Ok, so I've gone through and tried running solo throughout Pandaria looking for the rares to complete my achievement for them, prior to patch 5.2 I was able to solo several of the rares with little issue, set my pet as a tank, keep him healed as well as possible, and dps the rares, pick up the loot, and move on to the next one on the list. No big deal right? Subsequently after 5.2 went live however, I noticed that my pets were all, even in tank set up, dying at a remarkably fast rate. Wondering if it wasn't something on my end, I went after a level 86 rare and jaw-dropped at how fast... it killed my pet. To make matters worse, the rare was a monk, so no sooner had I seen my pet go down, he was charging up for a Chi-burst, and I had to run as fast as I could into melee range, interrupt him to prevent him from hitting me, only for him to start a spinning crane kick right on my face, and move out fast enough to resurrect my pet, let him tank, run back out, and try to kill the rare before he killed me, and this happened... all of four times before I managed to get the rare down. Four. Times. On a level 86 rare monk. I know that the monks are probably one of the harder rares to deal with, but seriously? My pets were NEVER this squishy until 5.2 went live, so I have to ask. WTF?Arislan35 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Glyph of pathfinding Why is this not just baseline for hunters? Who in the right mind would waste a glyph slot for increased mount speed and a 4% increase to aspect of the cheetah? Just saying its strange the devs thought this would be a good idea and not just make it baseline.Tragiik3 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Just started hunter and pet bar is bugged? Do I need to learn a spell or is it simply bugged? None of the buttons on my pet bar work such as telling my pet to attack doesn't do anything and setting it to passive doesn't stop it from attacking. I'm doing "Never trust a big barb and smile" and it's annoying that my pet keeps wanting to kill these damn things before I can collect what I need off them.Agend5 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Will Blizzard Buff Marksmanship in 5.3? I feel like our power in PvP is lackluster compared to BM. I would play BM for it's power, but I hate the fact that my pet's doing a huge amount of my damage. I'd rather do it myself and without switching classes. Anyone see any blue posts about buffs for marks or naw?Mylilpwnie17 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 5.3 More stable slots confirmed! 20 more slots added on the ptr, finally! that is all.Bandet22 Apr 8, 2013