Hunter

Dec 10, 2012 questions regarding serpent sting Hi guys. I'm very new to hunter. I play SV and BM. I red a lot of guides such as method wow, elitist jerks.etc. They stated that SrS sting should be cast LAST.while for BM it should be cast first.(opening rotation) Can someone explain this to me please. Pretty confused.does it really matter if I cast first or last ? Thanks in advance.Rsroyce2 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Hunter talent tier 6 ideas Commander of Beasts - passive Allows you to control 2 pets at one time. Damage done by both pets reduced by 50%. Non damage abilities (such as master's call and intimidation) always affect the original pet if both pets are within range and LoS, but will be used on the second pet if the first pet is out of range or LoS. Damage abilities (Such as kill command, blink strike or lynx rush) will also be used by both pets with the 50% damage reduction but if one pet is unable to use the ability the other pet will use it at 100% normal pet damage. A second pet bar will be spawned above the first. Pets summoned via stampede while two pets are active now deal 33.33% regular pet damage instead of 25%. Mend pet heals both pets, or one pet if the other is not within range or LoS. Survival Expert - passive Reduces the cooldown on traps by 5 seconds and doubles their duration before and after they are triggered (black arrow is not affected by the cooldown reduction nor the increase in duration, explosive trap simply comes off of cooldown sooner but both still trigger the other's cooldown). Traps now have a 1/2 second arming time and a 5 yard radius. In addition, disengage grants a 1 second immunity to all effects that cause loss of control of your character, deterrence lasts 1 additional second, camouflage has a 10 second longer duration and feign death reduces damage taken by 20% while active. Dead Eye - passive The attack range of your shots is increased by 5 yards. When attacking targets more than 30 yards away you gain the overwhelming advantage buff, causing all of your ranged attack abilities to reduce the target's movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds. Your hunter's mark now lasts thrice as long, has a 200 yard range, requires no LoS, can be placed on multiple targets (only the most recent hunter's mark placed provides the damage buff) and can no longer be dispelled or removed from the target under any circumstance until the duration expires. When using eagle eye, hunter's mark can be placed on targets up to 300 yards away.Spinnerdh4 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Is Misdirection broken? Every time I use it it resets as if I was using the glyph - but for any target, not just my pet.Tajit7 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Brawlers Guild and you. Some fights are very, very easy for us hunters in the Brawlers Guild, while others are literally impossible due to our LACK OF ANY HEALING. Funny how we're the only class without a reliable self heal to keep us alive on fights. Spirit Bond isn't enough, and Exhilaration is pathetic for being a 2 min cooldown. I'm currently stuck on Darkmaster due to: 1) Interupt not being off CD for every shadow bolt 2) No sort of healing to keep me alive at all during the encounter 3) Pet tanks being rather useless after what ever they broke with them in 5.1 If any hunter has beaten Darkmaster (Rank 7 2/4) Please share any tips or anything... So far i've tried everything with no success.Alvarie8 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 How're hunters doing in PvP? Just curious. I'm debating whether to level a shaman or a hunter :3Mistweave8 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Capturing In Camouflage Ok i was in a TB yesterday, and I was to blame for our loss... I was harrassed and critized, I got into an arguement about wether or not I can capture a base as a Hunter in TB while in Camo. I know for a fact I can because i have done it many times before and after since. I must keep moving in order to capture, it's when I stand still and go into stealth is when I can no longer cap. So for those of you blaming me and other hunters for our loss, please get your facts straight before critizing someone, find something new to blame besides Hunters. Thank you. :)Milescb6 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Im camouflaged Pet is Not When i dismount into my camouflage, i am camouflaged but my pet is not. Am i the only one having this problem?Milescb5 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Viable marks comp for 2's? Hey everyone, im curious to know if anyone has found a viable comp as a marksman hunter for 2's i am bored of BM and want to find a strong partner , does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking spriest or ret. positive feedback would be appreciated!!Catfishcarl1 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Split Hunter into Two; Hunter and Archer I've thought for a long time that having a single class using ranged weapons was silly, and that was before Blizzard took away the ranged slot for Rogues and Warriors. Now, these could be the preliminary steps to making a new ranged class, but if not, here's my brainstorms. There would be two classes using ranged weapons. Hunters would wear leather, use pets, and have a pet tanking spec. Archers would wear chain, use combo points, and have a close ranged healing spec. Details are as follows; Archer - The Ranged Rogue Marksman - This class would focus on many of the shots currently seen in the Hunters arsenal, such as steady shot, aimed shot, arcane shot, etc. as well as AOE attacks. Though all Archers get these attacks, Marksmen would make the most of them, using ranged combo points to administer powerful finishers either to single targets or groups of targets. This spec would be very maneuverable with many close and long ranged attacks to hinder enemies. Sniper - This class would revolve around stealth and stationary, single target damage. The further you are from your enemy before making the first strike, the more damage you do, and once you've chosen your point of attack you're intended to hold your ground. Many attacks have a cast time, and many more surround you with almost totem-like equipment to aid you, such as a torch to light your arrows, an ammo pile to quicken your firing rate, and a telescope to increase your range and accuracy. Field Medic - Sharing healing gear with Shamans, this class would take a heel-face turn from the other two classes and be a close ranged healer. Making use of small, quick long-ranged heals in the form of different encouraging 'shouts' and 'cheers', the medic would build up combo points that can be used as close ranged heals for tremendous payoffs, or they could use the combo points for a variety of maneuverability buffs to put the Field Medic on par with other healing classes despite its range restrictions. Hunter - New and Improved Beast Mastery - This spec would be different than what it's been in the past. Instead of focusing on your pets damage output, it'll now be entirely about its survivability, aggro holding and ally protection; Essentially a fully capable tank with a twist. The mechanics would revolve around balancing the aggro between the pet and the hunter himself, as the more danger the hunter is in, the stronger the pet becomes, a buff called 'Instinct'. They would also be able to call the hunters other pets out to juggle damage during particularly tough fights. Survival - Focusing on traps as well as poisons, this spec would take a no-holds barred vantage to fighting, many of the attacks underhanded and borderline dirty. Sand in the eyes, below the belt, temporarily grabbing enemies and using them as shields, this spec does everything and anything to keep the opponent at range while dishing out considerably DOT damage with its own blend of poisons and laying down a variety of traps, invisible to the enemy until they're right on top of them. Tracker - This spec would take into account the differences between enemy types (undead, elemental, giant) and make full use of them. Different attacks are more powerful against different types, you can buff yourself with a passive AOE that repels/damages said types, and certain abilities can enrage different types into attacking each other. As well, there are abilities that can win over your enemies and make them friendly to you for periods of time, to fight alongside you and your pet. This would be the only spec to get tracking. I stitched these classes together on the fly, but they both have bits and pieces of ideas that have been bouncing around in my head for a while. Tell me what you think!Nui17 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Lag when summoning pet? help!? Hello there, I'm not sure what is going on but when I summon my pet the game lags/freezes for like a second or two.. I can't stand it. Anybody else having this issue? maybe an addon? MoP Bug? I'm clueless here. Thank you!Degel1 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Hunter PvP I'm over 50% to level 90 and I wanna start doing PvP. This is my main and I never did too much PvP while leveling. So what I'm asking for is how to be successful as a Hunter while I PvP. What branch should I be under? What talents? What type of pet? Glyphs? etc... I have look around and have seen people saying 'BM' more then MM or Surv. I figured that the best way to get straight answers is to ask the Hunter community myself. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.Oakxiom0 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 how is hunter pve? i decided to lvl a hunter because i like the play style but ive been hearing hunter dps at 90 isn't so good .. is this true?Lilsniper27 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 So WSG / AB pvp vendors bugged? Just hit lvl 40 and went to go buy the purple mail bracers from the WSG vendor and they are no longer there, just the leather ones. I went to the AB vendor for the mail boots and belt, same thing, only not showing any other belt/boots but the lvl 28 leather ones. Anyone else having this issue?Mutant3 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Re-learning hunter... So I started this hunter early wrath and played him through naxx, uld, toc/togc, and most of LK...i then switched to my tankadin and played my paly through the end of LK, and all through Cata. The last couple of weeks I've been leveling my hunter and I have to say, the learning curve and rotation for maximizing BM / SV dps is pretty steep. I'm also not quite enjoying the weakness and low dps on packs of mobs where hunters USED to just melt them down.... I'm also finding it kind of confusing trying to weave in dire beast/stampede/glaive toss/murder of crows as well.... I'm probably doing it all wrong, but I feel there is a serious disconnect with the hunter play style right now... Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome and appreciated... I'm getting most of my theory crafting from Icy Veins atm. Thanks all.Blitzkríeg1 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 What is the best !@#$%^- hunter pet! Can some one please tell me what is the best hunter pet. I Just want to get the best pet! One which will be super powerful!Toyotami31 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Lvl 46 and need a gun Hi im lvl 46 i have a pretty good gun but is they're any better ones i can use same with armourMetzyboyz2 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Nub hunter pvp question So I was wondering at 90 if survival or marks have the burst to kill players before falling back on steady shot. The problem I am having now is most classes can heal in some form and steady shot is so damn slow that by the time it goes off the target is full health again. At 90 is the focus efficiency good enough to pull of a kill on say a shadow priest, or a feral druid?Ripcage4 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Hunter Heirlooms? I was just wondering if it's possible to level with the "Stained Shadowcraft" leather heirlooms from levels 1-85? I've been wanting to play a Hunter for quite a while, however I do not have a full set of the mail heirlooms.Leafless4 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Hunters have too many abilities/CDs Some of the new things Hunters got, like Stampeded, a Murder of Crows, and Dire Beast are really cool. It feels like there are a few too many abilities and CDs to watch right now tho, like a few things could become passive procs or a couple CDs could be combined together. Like maybe combining together Readiness and Rapid Fire into an ability that Increases Ranged attack haste and resets other CDs. Also, I don't like how my signature Shots hit for very little. DPS overall isn't horrible (even if Hunter specs aren't the highest DPS right now) but signature abilities like Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot hit for so little because of so many other things being fit into the rotation.Methalos15 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Pet not following my commands... Just started a new hunter. It will not follow any of my commands. I have it set on passive but it still attacks when i attack. When i try to tell it to move somewhere it dosent.... i tell it to attack or charge something, it dosent.... i know the charge is working because on the pet action bar i can see the cooldown after i press it. any help would be greatVanhealson4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Dire Beast, Fervor or Thrill of the Hunt? I was pretty sure Dire Beast was the best due to it also providing focus regeneration but then I was thrown off before by another Hunter telling me I was completely wrong and Thrill was better. So which actually provides more damage overall?Lovelypuppy8 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Leveling Pet? I have a level 42 BM Hunter and I'm looking for a pet to help me level and do more DPS. I'm not sure what type of pet I should be looking for. Pretty sure I want a ferocity based pet, but no clue what type is the best. If anyone could give me some advice on a recommended pet it would be appreciated.Rakurin5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Tank Pet Threat Issue Here is the scenario: two mobs close together (non-instance). I blink strike a bear to one of them and the pet aggros both mobs. I then carefully single target DPS the initial Blink Strike target. After a short period of time, the other mob leaves the bear and heads stright for me. What happened? I can reproduce this 100% of the time. Mend pet perhaps building aggro on me? Is Cower a threat drop for the pet? Threat mechanics have been borked? I never had this problem before the batch which is why it became so noticeable.Prattle4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 QUIVER!!! In the loading screen you notice Sylvanas Windrunner has a bow, quiver and arrow, imagine how stupid she would look in cut scenes and all that if she had no quiver to go with her bow and arrows, plz blizzard give us our quiver animation, you dont have to make it a bag or anything just add the animation so we dont look like mages with bows.Maverìck2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Does weapon speed still make a difference? Not sure if differences still creep up for new gear, but I'm at 60 now with my hunter and I wanted to know so that I can be sure to still take the slowest possible speed weapons for ability damage if so.Gaoldroukhan2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Why I get annoyed when your pet taunts Honestly, if your pet could intelligently tank, I'd be estatic, I'd go arms, and embarass most of you with my leet deeps. The problems with your pet ripping aggro off me are: 1) it robs me of vengeance, which means when your pet dies halfway through the fight, I now have to deal with maintaining threat starting halfway through a fight with no vengeance. 2) Your pet stands in bad. That's not just bad for me (which it is) but it wrecks melee dps. 3) Your pet doesn't care that bosses have conal ae's that hurt. GG killing the healer because your pet taunted just before fiery fist. I expect I'm going to be trolled, reported w/e. I just want you to understand, it doesn't annoy me b/c I'm insecure w/ not being top of the threat meter. It annoys me because your pet can't tank worth a damned. Getting and keeping threat is only the first step in being a decent tank. If you want to micromanage your pet wisely so it tanks in a reasonable fashion, I'll be MORE than happy to go dps. Until then though, please turn taunt off.Williame51 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 pet not following commands.....? Just stated a new hunter and my pet is not moving where i want or attacking what i tell it to. i even set it to passive and it still attacks what ever im attacking?????Vanhealson1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Hunter pet aggro I've been running dungeons with a hunter friend of mine. He has a cat pet which constantly pulls aggro. The tank is literally at 3% aggro most of the time. The cat does not have growl. What could be the problem? I've never played a hunter past level 15, so any help from the community in figuring this one out would be great.Kajo5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 2 piece tier 13 for pvp Has anyone tried out the old 2 set t13 hunters used in cata for the double focus on cobra/steady shot ? Gave it a try in a bg and it didnt turn out so bad. Was wondering if it might actually be viable in arena.Pikku4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Stupid Stealth Pet So I recently caught Humar on my lvl 30 Hunter, and I want to show him off. But my pet automatically goes into stealth constantly, I turned of the flashing border on prowl, it still has yellow triangles in the corners and it won't stop being stealthed. I tried this macro: #showtooltip /petautocastoff Prowl /cast Prowl and Nothing. Please help.Lorthenus4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 5.1 SV stat priority Mastery vs. Haste Has the 5.1 buff to SrS changed the stat priority for SV hunters so that Mastery is now more desirable than Haste? If I reforge for haste, my CS cast time hits 1.86 and the highest I can get my mastery is 10%+. If I reforge for mastery, my CS cast time hits 1.89 and the highest I can get my mastery is 12%+. So whats more desirable. The increased focus regen/extra GCD's over the course of a fight. Or increasing my magical dmg done by 2%? My instincts are telling me Mastery > Haste, but I'm not exactly a number cruncher.Thorodian5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Rank 8... So i've been rank 8 in the brawlers guild a couple of days now...have a few questions! on millhouse: how do i survive his damage? i keep getting knocked back and hit for like 100k the eye: is it the lasers or the purple rings that 1-shot you? (i always die as a beam goes through me and i land in a puddle...) Epicus: blue crush. is there a CD on it? and canit be interuppted? (only been against him once) thanks! P.S. these are all as SV...i've not used BM, except battletron...did a sh itty 60kdps (post buff to him) and won just as beserkedSilvertongue1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 MM in PvP? So I just came back to WoW after a bit and am thinking of giving my hunter a go. From what I see BM is good but i never really liked the play style of it in the past. So I was wondering how MM was in Bgs and arena in general?Alalk21 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 BM PVP [mastery v crit] reforging/gemming etc Discuss.Nevertrap24 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Blink Strike for levelling? Hi, i have a query about blink strike. I am currently level 87 and levelling via questing. Is blink strike a good choice being that it has a short cooldown? or should i try one of the other two choices on that level?? My thoughts are blink strike as fights last very short and its acting as another nuke, whereas with the other two the cooldowns are large and they are dots... but I am curious what other hunters think on this choice?Razorwulf1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 School me on PVP Hunter! 101 PVP questions! I have a hunter that I've just recently decided that I want to play my hunter lately. I used to play PVP heavily, but that was in season 8. What are we reforging to? Mastery and...Crit? What are we gemming? I can't remember what the ratio was on Agi Vs. PVP Power. What's with all of the Beast Mastery hunters with the Aimed Shot glyph? What ARE you guys glyphing? (Generally speaking. For Arenas.) What's working for pets? Cat for pre-buff and....? What's going ON, hunters?!Hitenmaru16 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 another LFR weapon question... Sorry if this has been asked before but i looked through the forums for a while for an answer but didn't find much. Does your chance of getting a dropped item decrease the higher your item level is? My boyfriend kept telling me the reason I wasn't getting drops was because my item level was probably too high (its 481). Right now about 90% of my epic gear has come from faction reputation, with only a few coming from LFR. My only "blue" gear is my weapon, which like many others, have been pining to get from either LFR or GoSS. While I understand that drops work on a RnG basis, I still can't help but wonder...Vaidra1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Hunter attacking on selecting target I'm not talking about the previous issue where if you switched targets mid-cast, it would attack your new target. What I've had happening to me recently is when I first choose a target, my hunter will sometimes auto-attack it. Like if I am running about in the world out of combat, and target a mob and do nothing else, sometimes I will auto-shoot it. And it's not a case of accidentally right clicking instead of left clicking because I don't click target. Anyone else have this happen?Parísoftroy3 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Spawn timers on MOP rares? Just lost Ravage. =/ Don't feel that bad since I was lucky in the other xpacs. Do those footprints always stay there?Tsutay1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Excessively long timers on Spirit Beasts Is there any plans to change this in the game, you have 8-10hr + timers to get spirit beasts to spawn and every spawn point has multiple hunters and gankers at the spawn points, whats the hurt in making these things spawn every couple hours? Then you could make the tames more challenging and fun to do rather than make it an grind to get even 1 pet... Blue Response?Stonex31 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Freezing Trap need a buff? I'm under the serious impression that Freezing trap needs to become a shot or undispelable. Now I under stand all CC can be countered in some way. But Hunters really got the short end of the stick. Its dispel-able, breaks on any damage, shares DR with repentance/hex, and against a good team, impossible to get off. Just for two reasons. One, its incredibly easy for other teams to soak each and every trap or silence/stun the hunter during scatter. Two, because every other dps in the game has a guaranteed instant CC. My logic: If it becomes a shot it would be comparable to Blood Fear, PoM Sheep/Ring, NS/PS cyclone, NS/MW Hex, IS, the list goes on. If it becomes undispel-able then teams constantly soaking traps would have to actually manage their CDs around hunters. I understand this would be on the OP side of things, but its a thought. It is just really hard for my to wrap my head around classes with more pressure having more CC than classes with less.Iced21 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Haven't played in two months! I got two questions. Whats the best Pve Spec? What's the best pvp Spec? I'm sure things have changed in two months!Naaja4 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Growl randomly firing off So on top of it not working on lower level raid bosses for whatever reason, I've been noticing growl going off randomly in dungeon groups (This is NOT a Stampede issue, that is another matter entirely). To get the obvious out of the way, I don't have it bound to any key, I don't have it on autocast, and I've tried moving it off of the pet bar entirely to no avail. It seems to be pretty sporadic, but I'll notice it at least once a run. Anyone else notice this?Heyatornado3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Are You Satisfied? (PvP) Hello Hunters, I've played a hunter before, but not extensively. I'm looking for long-time hunters to answer a simple question for me: PvP-wise, through all the nerfs and buffs, how satisfied are you with the class? 1 = not at all satisfied 10 = couldn't be happier. This isn't for just one facet, just PvP in general. If you aren't satisfied with your class, which class would you prefer to play? Thanks.Harbard20 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Loque, killed in front of me 2 days in a row So the other day i go searching for loque, for around an hour, and i decide to let my character sit at a particular point for a few minutes whilst i go prepare a quick breakfast....... the horn sounded, my heart started pumping, i ran to the computer room, clicked on the icon from npc scan and there he was dead..... with no one else around.... 12 hours later i decided to go and look for him, nothing, 14 hours, nothing.... Today i worked all day, get home and decide to fly around for a bit... nothing...... leave my character at one of the points while i go on facebook... The sound horns, loque is walking around Joy I whistle out my pet and abandon him... Start to tame loque and a paladin flys down, unsure what to do i continue to tame... stunned... then loque gets killed.... then i am killed.... my heart left pumping and me left sad :( Do you think flying around these times would most be ideal however?Anarchyy6 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Dancing Hunter pets! Not too long ago I had a party grenade thrown my way....and was surprised to see my cat (Humar) doing the druid dance! I checked my wolf (Den Mother) and she does the shaman dance. Anyone noticed any others? Some pets that seem like they should - don't. The Thundermaw wolf seems to be one of these.Faderaven1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Calling the help of other hunters. I'm not sure if any of you are having trouble finding the challenge tames in MOP like I am but i am looking to inlist the help of my fellow hunters and buy their time. I'm looking for the pink crane Pat. Savage was a faceroll vomparied to this thing.Diantha1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Hunter pets Just recently started leveling my hunter again after getting !@#$%^-*ed by them in arenas. As far as hunter pets go, is there a resource out there that can tell me where some of the most badass/rare ones are located? And by "badass" I mean they provide a ton of resources/buffs during PvP/PvE. Thanks for any insight.Vykyra1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 So what's in your PVP stable? Title says it all. I'm looking to add some stuff to my PVP stable and I'm looking for suggestions.Hitenmaru8 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Sorry for stat question but... Which do we stack for BM pvp? Of course Agility and PvP power. However I can't find any information on our secondary stats. Is it Mastery, Haste or Crit? Any help would be great :DTjinjatu5 Dec 8, 2012