Hunter

Feb 7, 2013 deleted deleted oops :PMezasu2 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Undead Hunters! I want to see you. I'm thinking about a race change and I want to see how mail looks on yah bones.Quíver17 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Noobie Hunter, Pet question! In battle against multiple mobs, my pet will usually run back to me when the mob it's attacking dies, waiting for me to tell it to attack again. My pet is on Assist, is there any way to get my pet to simply go from one mob I'm currently in combat with, to another mob I'm currently in combat with by itself? Or do I really have to hit a mob first before my pet will attack it? I found opening with multishot can solve this but I don't want to do that every time.Ashkechum1 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Hunter swifty one shot macro help? So, I need some help y'all. Is there a way to make a macro that casts both Stampede and then bestial wrath? When I press my one shot macro It casts bestial wrath then stampede. thanks.Rajx3 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Time for a new spec for Hunters...RANGER! Yep, thought about this one for a long time. 1. No mail specialization (Much like a Rogue) 2. No companion (pets get in the way) 3. return of the dual wield short swords and bow. 4. Would have some healing capability, some stealthy attributes, and some limited Shamanic skills. Just a pipe dream, but........Otteson3 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 When are hunter nerfs going to stop?? Seems like the hunter class is the most hated in all of wow why? Pre MOP patch nerfed hunters no more polearm means no more reduced disarms we take the full duration now, nerfed Kill command not usable while detterrence is up, and Nerfed pets to a lousy 5-6 talent pts depending on pet spec. Patch 5.1 nerf the !@#$ out of BW so no we get chain cc'd and killed easily. i mean really whats the diff in being immune to fear and getting spam feared now by locks 3 fears is longer duration than bw and while we are feared it ruins the pt of BW to start with which is increased damage at a reduced focus cost. Also being feared while bw is up takes away spirit mend and masters call on top of the damage reduction while pet is cc'd and so are you. Now in the next patch they are nerfing our stampede's damage in Rbgs and arenas and the cd on Silencing shot is going up to 25 secs up from 20. Whens this crap going to stop???? i mean really just remove hunters from the game if this is all we are here for is to get hit with the nerf bat!!! Atm locks, mages, warriors, and lets not forget monks are way more OP than hunters seriously the nerf bat is being swung in the wrong direction.Brrek22 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Crouching Tiger Hidden Chimera vs. Narrow Esc For arenas and pvp I see a lot of highly rated hunters (and just in general too) taking narrow escape over CTHC. I take it as well, but have always liked CTHC. And although most hunters take narrow escape, I have seen a few top rated hunters using posthaste and CTHC. Can't CTHC/Posthaste be just as good if not better than narrow escape? I mean sure the webs are nice, but there a lot of freedoms and abilities to break roots that classes have these days, and of course healers can dispel unless you cross CC them. CTHC gives disengage way more often and a deter every minute as opposed to every 2 minutes which is VERY useful sometimes. I never really tried posthaste, but I'd imagine that would be useful for kiting and such as well. So what do you guys think, is Narrow Escape really worth it to take over the other ones?Glinklegend1 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 HCT 4: Theorycrafting Pokemon Anyway, back on topic: Iz gonna be real sad if we can't down Elegon tonight. Yes, I am that far behind the rest of you.Sneakys500 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Playing as any spec but BM.. Can I get away with it? Beast Mastery sims a good bit higher and is the spec of choice for pvp as well. Should I decide to take this toon into heroic content/rated pvp will i be putting myself at a real disadvantage by not playing BM? Pet micromanagement is anti-fun. Edit: Raidbot show Surv as a better choice in PvE so that I found the answer myself. But what about PvP?Terrybogard6 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 I Tamed Arctorius! I finally got him! 1:05pm Pacific time, camped him on and off for 2 days. Died a ton of times, brought down the Alli hunter while I was at it.Hatshepsuut2 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Defencive talent for Windlord. My raid group is having a tough time surviving Rain of blades from Windlord. Anyone have advise for surviving? I usually do myself, but I was wondering if a specific tier 3 talent would make it easier on healers.Kereda13 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Lightningflash and Thundercall, same effect? Hey guys, I was curious about the Lightningflash and Thundercall guns, if their shooting effect is the same. I have been solo'ing heroic Vortex for Lightningflash for the cool shooting effect with the yellow lightning bolts to transmog it. Anyways Thundercall dropped, and from what I can tell looks to have the same effect as I see on WoWhead's pictures of a player using Lightningflash. I' was never able to get these guns when I was of proper level, so anyone who has had both if you could fill me in and let me know if both guns share the same bolt effect. Would save me time farming he instance.Greenmonstr0 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Lv19 hunter pet I haven't touched a hunter since begining of cata and that was past lv19, do pets not get the special bonus anymore once you past 10? ex: wolfs get a howl that inc. crit, bats get a screech, spiders get a web, so on? thnx of the help^^Macloven2 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Hunter Wipe Issues and Suggested Solutions Hi, I've been playing hunter almost exclusively since I started playing WoW at the tail end of TBC. One of the things that's always seemed to be a constant is how much micromanagement it takes just to keep from wiping a raid or instance run. I've probably caused more than my fair share of wipes from various hunter related issues, whether it was the hundreds of werewolves that came chasing my raptor out of the depths of shadowfang keep after I'd jumped down a ledge, leading to a sudden ragequit of the entire party, or getting yelled at about a pet taunting during a raid because I'd forgotten to turn off the taunt on one of the pets that came from stampede. I find it hard to argue with the old 'huntard' term cconsidering how easy it is to cause grief to others. I don't know if it's like this with other classes, but I do think a lot of the microing that goes into being a responsible hunter is unnecessary and only detracts from the game, as well as adding even more agony to an already over-buttoned class. These are the following issues that seem to cause the most problems for hunters, and some suggestions for fixes: 1. Aspect of the Pack -Raid wide speed buff that penalizes combat with a speed penalty. -Easy to leave on, makes hunters reluctant to use it, issue seems to pop up in almost every raid =Rather than the glyph of the pack, make 'effect is lost when entering combat' (Along with the cooldown to prevent aspect dancing) part of the basic spell, and end the pack issue once and for all. 2. Pet Pathing -If a hunter takes a shortcut by jumping down a ledge, the pet goes all the way around, aggroing adds the entire way and wiping the party. =Either disable pet aggro or keep the pet chained to the player. If a player can jump down a ledge, why can't their pet? 3. Pet Stances -Currently we have three stances for the pet, and only one that's really useful because using defensive and aggressive stances leads to unnescessary aggro pulls. Forcing the player to use passive requires micro management that often leads to sapping dps during rapid enemy switches, or using a macro set into the shot rotation that isn't exactly an elegant solution. =The entire stance concept seems to be misaligned with how hunters typically use their pets and could use a redesign, but in the meantime, why can't we just have a stance where the pet attacks only the target the hunter (or focus) is attacking? 4. Powershot -A high damage attack that pushes the target back -This is an interesting skill to have, especially for soloing mobs, but it's sort of a double sided spell, in that the damage is desirable but the pushback ruins dungeon and raid tanking. =Pushback really sounds more like something you would get from a glyph, so make it one and make Powershot into either a pure damage spell or add some other effect (such as frost or stun) 5. Barrage -A multishot that hits every target in a large area around you -It hits EVERYthing around you, aggroing all mobs in a wide angle and making it completely unusable in most raid situations =Hardly anyone seems to use this spell, why not give us back the old rain of arrows spell with a larger aoe, or another trap spell? 6. Stampede -Calls in all of your pets at once for a number of seconds -two issues here: If the pets kill their target, they act like they're on aggressive stance and start aggroing every mob around them, only to disappear a few seconds afterwards leaving you to deal with the newfound enemies. Second, since they cast whatever spell they're set to, they will cast their taunt if it's enabled (if you happened to be soloing with a different pet earlier). This leads to laborious switching in and out each pet before a raid to make sure the pet doesn't have its taunt enabled, which is a pain. =Do something more with the pet call window so that we can make alterations to their talent, stance and spell usage without having to summon and dismiss them one by one, and make the pets from stampede follow the stance that's selected for them.Morrostacks5 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 5.2 Hunter Patch Notes. 12-21-12 Aspect of the Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10%. 15%. Focused Aim Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Steady Shot and Cobra Shot by 0%. 10%. Hotfix Passive (New) Hunter's Mark In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the Hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible. The target can always be seen and tracked by the Hunter. The target also appears on the mini-map. Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot automatically apply Hunter's Mark. Serpent Sting Causes 8,100 Causes 16,200 Nature damage over 15 sec. Talents Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10% 15%, and reducing all damage taken by 15%. Binding Shot 20 Focus. Narrow Escape When you Disengage, you also activate a web trap which encases all targets within 8 yards in sticky webs, preventing movement for 8 sec. until cancelled. Powershot Moving targets can avoid this damage. Silencing Shot 20 24 sec cooldown. Wyvern Sting 10 Focus. 60 45 sec cooldown. Beast Mastery Hotfix Passive (New) Marksmanship Hotfix Passive (New) Survival Hotfix Passive (New) Improved Serpent Sting Increases the damage of your Serpent Sting by 50%, and causes it to also deal instant damage equal to 30% 15% of its total periodic effect. Major Glyphs Glyph of Liberation Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter's Mark. When you Disengage, you are healed for 5% of your total health. From - http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/Gilthehunter18 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 PvP Burst Macro Just wondering what the PvP Burst Macro is. I've seen a lot of hunters take people from 100% to dead in 5-6 seconds.Empowerments6 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 L40 and chain mail Is there any reason not to train for chain mail at L40? I'm still a bit of a newbie and soloing this character, but am bringing up an alt so I can do the entry level dungeons with it. I'll probably do dungeons with this character later once I get the hang of the keyboard and mouse in crowded combat. I am a MM leatherworker/skinner, so have been making most of my own kit.Reddervish7 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 pet dps? noob hunter here :) If all buffs are covered & your pet is spec ferocity is all their dps the same now? So again not considering buffs, it wouldn't matter what pet I used? Thanks!Vixen2 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Hunter PvP Stream Just some average hunter pvp on a stream, if anyone is interested. :') twitch.tv/crysikCalsin0 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Survival So Hunter's can still use melee weapons...Why not make Survival a melee dps spec? Bring back Wing Clip and other older school hunter moves? Thoughts?Esfell17 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Need help with stats. Mastery? For strictly 2v2 purposes, what should I add more of? I'm def not fully geared and I'm not going to get the BEST of the best but what should I be getting more of? agility 11006 Stamina 14974 Mastery 22.72% Other Attack Power 24389 Haste 5.68% Hit +6.50% Crit 14.71% PvP Resilience 59.61% PvP Power 47.07%Artocrawzzy4 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 BM Hunter Weapon speed and pets, and more. So, I have a few questions. First is should I use a 2.6 speed gun or a 3.0 speed crossbow (the crossbow has a higher lower min damage, and I think the top damages are the same, since both are heroic item levels). Will that make any difference? Also, what pets should I be carrying with me? I currently run with a Spirit Beast for the Mastery buff when in raids, a Devilsaur for the 5% crit raid buff, a corehound for when we don't have any other source of lust, then a spider for his net when I do some world PvP, and then Terrorpene the turtle for tanking rares. Is there a pet I'm missing for raid buffs such as haste? And for the last thing, I've noticed multiple sites saying what I should reforge for, and most say its agi>hit=exp>crit>haste>mastery and the other one that I've seen a lot is agi>hit=exp>mastery>crit>haste. So which one is the one to go with? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.Dethklòk7 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 First real non lfr raid ever!!! I'm really excited about this. But, one problem is they want my gear enchanted/gemmed/reforged. Wondering if I can get some advice about this. What gems are good? What enchants should I have? And what should I concentrate on for reforging?Anurion5 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Fresh 90 Hunter, help. Just hit 90 on my Hunter, looking for a gauge of where I should be. I am BM, still in questing greens with 90 PvP gear. I use KC on cooldown, Glaive Toss as close to on every cooldown as possible, I am never Focus capped and never Focus drained and I use Arcane short sparingly when I can. Dire Beast on CD, BW on cooldown and Lynx Rush on CD. I am doing about 25-30k in heroics right now, suckage or decent and where I should be? Oh, also the blue xbow from arena scenario.Grovelz5 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Pet Taming - Broken? I was camping a spirit beast in twilight highlands when I saw a level 84 feral druid. I trapped him, successfully, then attempted to cast scare beast. However, I received the following error message "Invalid Target". It stinks because I ended up killing him so no other hunters would be able to get the tame, assuming that this is not a universal bug. I am really disappointed because I wanted to add one to my collection for the rejuvenation heal and the cyclone cc. I think it would be great for arenas. Anyways, has anyone else had this problem?Shòót1 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Looking for overview with Hunter's DPS Hello. I am curious as to a new recruits dps, as we had reports of him being a little low, but I was unsure. I was just checking to see if anyone was kind enough to give a quick look, or at least a link to which I could gain info to look at myself. World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h5qo3dshlvhkc2ca/ Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Duhnian/advanced Thanks in advance!!Zixan5 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 need insight on rotations! please help me! k, so to start off, im not great at playing a hunter. i really enjoy the concept but coming from a priest to a hunter its just confusing for some reason,im a 90 BM hunter. im constantly out of focus.. my stampede aggro's (< i did check all pets.. growl is off on every pet individually) im really just looking for insight as to how to learn to play better, its beginning to get a little annoying. i play but i dont learn anything if you know what i mean? i just hit a bunch of crap and expect to get amazing dps lol, if you think you can help in any way with rotations/ CD's id greatly appreciate any isight thanksFatherjake5 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 lnl rotation? So i remember in cata the lnl proc rotation was es, as,es,cs,es Someone told me its not the same and es stacks u can just bust em all together is that true?Talonstryke4 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 have a question for you hunters out there Okay so my hunter is almost 90, and I've got a concern about stampede. Do I need to go through all my pets and make sure taunt is turned off? For a dungeon it's not a big deal, but I don't want to pop stampede in a raid and wipe us because one of my pets taunted and messed up a tanks stacks. ty in advance :)Kyà17 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Hunter Talents Too Boring Is it just me or are the hunter talents extremely boring?Voids4 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 A small idea for Hunter's weapon... I'm guessing a lot of hunters might have thought of this idea, might have been mentioned long time ago maybe... Have Blizzard thought of duel-wielding hunters like the Demon hunter in D3? Duel-crossbows, duel-pistols, and Bows, Rifles would be considered 2-h weapons. Would it be too much of work for them to add a whole new set of weapons for hunters, since they're busy with the new Titan project? I don't know but just a small idea that I personally would like to see in hunters.Kirino11 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 gear optimizer I was just woundering if there are any other gear optimizer/spreed sheet's other than Mr.robot ? Little while back i used rawr and the in game addon wich was petty cool but it seems that stoped working as of late .I just want something to help me get some number to help gauge my dps as well as reforge etc ...kinda like the way Rawr was :) Thanks for the help Ahead of time folks..Gunbow3 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Thrill of the hunt bug Is this talent bugged? It says it works on multishot, but it doesn't.Nahaw6 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Fang Kung, upgrade or not? I got the Fang Kung bow raid finder variety just now. I was wondering if I should upgrade it ASAP with the feature disabled in the coming patch, or save my Valor points for other stuff. I'm not in a guild currently running raids so this is likely to be the best weapon I get for some time. I was leaning to upgrading it, but wanted to check here to see if I'd be better holding onto my VPs for something I overlooked. Thanks in advance!Greenmonstr4 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Rate the Xmog! Haven't seen one of these in awhile, and I highly enjoy seeing other people's Xmog sets. So let's see them!Lazyguide57 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 What did you do to pass the time... ... while camping a rare spawn. Currently camping Arcturis. Put a total of 19 hours into camping him over the past 2 days. To pass the time, I've been re-watching Leverage on netflix. ( I love having multiple monitors in times like this.) So, what did you do while passing the time?Myu11 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Whats the problem here? Ok, so again im going to post some concerns about certain mechanics not working, Yes have posted in Tech as well as support, but get nothing but stupid answers and trolls. As you can see I have played this toon for a long time, was my second in 07, and have loved every single moment playing in BGs, but since gearing up to full malevolent, I am finding certain issue's that I have never come across before. I have tried every spec/gem/chant combo i can find, right down to copying a hunter/s in top ten Arena, as you can see 65% res, and 48 power, which is about the best i can seem to get with this gear, gems etc, but when in Bgs, I seem to lack crit, have tried all talents yet i'll be lucky if i crit for 30-40k, now at the end of the BG, and i have truly worked my !@# off, yes i can have decent total damage, but when coming up on classes 1v1 i just get smashed, 100-150 crits, where im at 40K, and yes this is with no def CDs etc. Yes I know other classes have res, but i just cant work out why I'm getting hit so hard, yet I'm not, I have done complete re installs of everything, run no adds etc, just to make sure, but still the same. Other issues too are,pet just standing there, while on assist, getting stuck, running off and disappearing, Enemies running right over traps, without setting them off( no they don't resist as traps are still there) powershot not registering damage at all, but takes my focus for it, all these issue's can take you right out of the game, would love at least someone else to say they have the same if not some of the issue's above, just to prove that I'm not going mad.Stingshot6 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Rare hunter pets and the realm-merge!!!! Anyone know what happens with rare hunter pets or mounts (or any rare in general) and the fact that the realms are now merged? Does that mean there is just a lot more competition for the rare now? Or do the rares spawn more often now? Anyone know?Aleriah5 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 First pet ever. What was your first pet ever in WoW? Mine was on a dwarf hunter, and it was the snow leopard from the start zone back in TBC. I miss Fluffy. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=1201Moldyshot34 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Viable without Spirit Beast Now with cross realms it is near impossible to tame a Spirt Beast. Question is can BM still be good without Spirit Beast?Steelheart10 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 pet death..... is it possible for your pet to die permanently? i was in the wetlands questing n didnt mean to target pyrricion and ag'd him and release and jus revived at the grave and now i have no tiger... tried to revive but says theres no pet to revive....Sanctionz3 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers Just kidding, didn't use search.Artocrawzzy1 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Hunter Professions. What are the Best hunter Professions for raiding? As I am leveling a hunter to finally enjoy the game from a new point, was tanking since wotlk. I've been seeing alot of high top ranking hunters from wowprogress go Eng/LW. Why? and Maybe some help on other pair of professions that work well together. -Thank youRhinöx7 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 can you still get this bow? Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient KeepersNearsighted46 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Macro help plz K i recently got the lv 75 tier talent and thought Blink Strike would be good since i could throw it on my macro i have that looks give or take this #showtooltip /cast Hunter's Mark /cast Auto Shot /petattack ...but when i put it on there it dosnt work i played around and changed the sequence and still didnt work like i want.To be honest im a bit of a scrub when it comes to macros so i ask someone to help me out.So if any1 can write a macro that puts mark and cast blink strike and auto attack for my pet and myself i would be very grateful.Pootalot4 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Update Blizzard Blizzard needs to update the Hunter Game guide link! Please and thank you Blizzard!Rhinöx0 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 PVP hunter pets What is the best hunter pet for pvp, i use a spider on my hunter atm but always looking for something better !Shedder1 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Most Satisfying Hunter Moment? Landing a flare on a rogue. Spot on top of them. Not much beats that for me in terms of ":l to :D" in a BG.Windsòng44 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Hunters no longer wanted in RBGs is blizz going to fix this?Keeiko1 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 best transmog set/look with black bow of the betrayer So what do you think looks best with that bow? ur thoughts?Phäzed11 Feb 5, 2013