Hunter

Nov 29, 2012 Posthaste not breaking snares and roots! WTF Another post just like that has already been posted but IDGAF. I'm shelving my hunter until this is fixed. Seriously blizzard how did this get past the PTR?Volnir0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 How to kill a fully PvP geared healer? They used to be easy kills before about patch 3.2 (they've been heavily buffed since then), and now they're difficult kills all of a suddenly due to the instant heals that they have all received (well they've been this way since 4.0). On my level 90 Hunter, I'm able to kill the occasional Restoration Druid but that's about it. My strategy is to burst at them, and then to silence using 'Silencing Shot' and 'Scatter Shot', but they are both ineffective against the instant heals. Widow Venom also seems to do very little against the heals, so is there something that I'm missing here? I use Freezing Trap, Chimera Shot, Widow Venom, Aimed Shot, Serpent Sting, Dire Beast, Concussive Shot, Kill Shot (that's if I get them below 20% which I never do), Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Readiness (if needed), Silencing Shot, Scatter Shot and Snake Trap as well. Am I missing a spell here?Danget20 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 PvP rotation and talents Hey guys, i'm a new hunter, and i've had a lot of fun since now Steady Shot is a spell that can be casted on the move. It really improves my kiting techniques. I was wondering though, which is the best choice for me in the level 15 tier? Posthaste, or Narrow Escape (keep in mind i'm a MM hunter). Also, are glyphs such as glyph of Aimed Shot or glyph of Camouflage worth it? On the other hand, which should be my PvP rotation when i'm fighting someone? I usually open with Aimed Shot, then dump focus with a Serpent Sting and then followed by Arcane Shot till it drops down to 0 focus. Then start reloading my focus with Steady Shot and repeat. (Obviously with some moving and Concussive Shot). So my question is, when should i use spells such as Chimera Shot or Tranquilizing Shot? And should i spam Kill Shot everytime it's available or not? And finally, is Multi Shot in PvP situations worth it or not? My biggest problem at the moment is killing healers. What do you guys recommend me to use? Should i really time well my Silencing Shot? Thank you! (Sorry if i'm not posting in my hunter, but a bug has occurred and i can't switch between characters).Maviatrix12 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Coming back to my hunter Hey guys, I just recently came back to WoW after a 8 month break. What is the summary of what I need to know about hunters PvE wise (best raid spec, best leveling spec, gems, stat priority, rotation, etc) If there is a website link for all of this, that would be great as well Thanks!Riceman13 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Growl not autocasting on Bosses? Charging through Naxx for the new pets, and noticing my pet isn't autocasting Growl when against a Boss target. Anyone else having this? It's a bit annoying having to manually do it <.<Hikari8 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 if you wanna see big numbers for mm the stars have to align.... but when they do whoever you are targeting will die. of course... you will have to not be targeted and itll take up to 6 seconds. steady shot spam till aimed shot proc by then passive agi trinket should have procced pop on use trinket... cast powershot aimed shot chim shot... if the target isnt already dead they should be in killshot range... post results here if you tried it and it made u FEEL op. not realy though... its not like you can do it all the timeClòudd3 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Disengage - wtf Why is disengage useless now? It is getting cancelled all the time by warriors and other crap. It's one of our few ways to get away, and now it's nearly useless. Was this a change I missed in the patch notes?Greatbeyond4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 PVE Spec? Hey, Just got back into WoW with Mists of Pandaria. I am curious what the go to PVE spec is now or is it really personal preference. I used to be MM and did great dps with it, but now I have been hearing it sucks. Any words of wisdom would help. ThanksCalgren0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 add on for hunter bow/gun Anyone know of a addon the changes the sound of the weapon. Ex... I cant stand the annoying sound of a gun blasting, but i love the sleek sound of a bow.. Is there a way to turn off the gun? or a way to turn the gun sound off, then make it a bow sound?Gungfu6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 They shrunk Chibee! They did it, they went ahead and shrunk my poor giant catapillar. Booooo.Mantid1 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Lynx Rush or Murder of Crows for BM now? for pve and arena? i used to use lynx rush for both, but with the change to it, was wondering if it still a good option over other abilities? Cheers!Wildence25 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Aspect of fox I loved use aspect of fox it was pretty fun but now that blizz took it away and made Cobra Shot channel through movement in Aspect of the Iron Hawk or Aspect of the Hawk i do crazy dps now with power shot and stampeade and dire beast Nice changed overall but we wil get nerfed so again anyway looking forward to it (not)Ertime1 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 looking for bow http://www.wowhead.com/item=36620#. looking to buy this bad boy on feathermoon. been searching for a very long time.Midistflame0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Leather BOA's a bad idea? I have a full set of leather BOA's that were intended for my monk, i have heard that i will lose agility if i go with the leather set instead of getting the mail set is this true? Also is it viable to use the leather set or should i just get the mail set?Meoki1 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Please listen. I have a suggestion to buff Hunters DPS since it is so horrible in PVE ATM. These are based at level 87> #1 Buff Bow, Crossbow, Gun Damage. #2 How much? Well if a bow does say 13.6k-14.5k dmg bump it to 17k-18.5k dmg #3 that would probably put us on par with alot of the other classes. #4 Could try something else like buffing certain Ranged attacks. E.G. Arcane shot 150% dmg up from 100% Serpent Sting say 17k dmg from 13.9k dmg Anyway you get my point. It's not that hard to do. And if people complain cause in BM you have great burst potential then nerf blink strike and possibly kill command a bit so it doesn't do as much damage in PVP kind of like scaling the spells down when you enter an arena, BG, ect. Anyways this is an example of how to buff our DPS since we are practically the lowest DPS class in the game since MOP launch. [EDIT] And to everyone that will say Hunters are too OP in PVP well I'm talking about PVE here. There are ways to scale skills based on if you're flagged PVP or not get it? Just like blizz scales gear.Astindor0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Warriors are giving me A LOT of trouble now. I cannot disengage anymore because charge or shockwave stops it before I get 2 feet. I am permanently slowed even after I blow what few cds I have to gain mobility. One of those is 5M cooldown. It's just not that useful. I have 60% resil and I get nearly destroyed in one stun. Chimera shot might help, but the healing is piss poor in MOP right now. 8K? That's a sneeze in the game right now. Spirit Mend healed more in Wrath. Two of my major shots have a cast time which means it can be shut down easily. I have no way to break stuns except with a trinket, but the trinket is not worth the damage output reduction. My traps are not reliable and are often just sitting there as a warrior runs over it and hits me for 80k three times in 2 seconds. My powershot is on a 1m CD and hits for 40-50k non-crit. 100k on a crit. Pathetic. I MIGHT be doing a little more damage, but the problem is that I cannot apply it effectively unless I am freecasting. I'm finding that warriors know this so I'm immediately targeted. I think the changes to this class are poor, badly thought out, and are not effective when mixed in with the other classes and abilities they have. This patch sucks for hunters. As a casual player I don't have time to weather the bad storm so I'll unsub until I read they have played their nerf/buff game and given the class back some viability.Greatbeyond0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Did DPS drop in AOE? Did anyone notice a large drop in AOE damage? I'm thinking it's the changes to Lynx rush but I'm still trying to figure out if it's something I'm doing different..Dieranged6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Hawk Buff! woot mmo champ source Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increase ranged attack power by 15% (was 10%). Buffs we deserved!Dungflinger4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Do I have to give up on Marksmanship? I like marksmanship a lot more than BM, in RBGs I even tend to do decent damage/killing blows. However Im at the point where I have to choose malevolent gear based on mastery or critical strike. I want to stick out MM until its fixed, but Ive seen so many posters saying MM broken for panda, wait till next expo, Im not sure if my hopefulness will just net me a useless tag the whole expansion. Any thoughts or similar instances in previous expos to go off of? I play for fun yes, but also would like to get into the 2ks at least.Banehk22 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Aimed Shot ninja buffed? Did Aimed Shot get a ninja buff? I could of sworn yesterday it only did 280% weapon damage + dmg and now it says its 320% weapon damage + dmg. I can't remember the amount of extra damage when it was only 280% weapon damage. Are they still equal?Infinica5 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 I suck at kiting! I'm interested in playing a hunter exclusively for PVE. Problem is, I've always sucked at kiting. Is kiting required these days in Dungeon Finder and LFR? Thank you!Castamir6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 neeed help bm or mm PvP im hearing 50/50 on what is best what is bestTánis3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Dps problems for some reason. Need help. So been raiding 10mans, 1/6 H MV...3/6 HoF ... thats it. Primarily a BM hunter with survival for Will and Wind-lord. But right now just glancing at logs It seems like I'm REALLY low compared to others. www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hqi4st54m388orj4/dashboard/?enc=bosses Recent WOL from yesterday. (I was bad and had KC macroed with cobra, so during the raid a few Direbeast I actually forget to cast now...ehhh ) If some one could provide insight that would be much appreciated.Soulkeeperx1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Another trinket question/FD question So I got the Raidfinder Terror in the Mists My current trinkets are normal Bottle of Stars and I have the Relic DMC. Which is better? Femaledwarf has the TitM a DPS loss replacing either trinket, but FD has the wrong crit rating stat on the RF TitM. 5079 crit on FD. 6121 crit on live. Don't know if this is known.Keljornith3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Trueshot aura not showing I'm not sure if it's a bug or a change but I'm no longer seeing the aura buff next to the minimap. In 10 man's I'm not seeing the buff at all unless someone like a DK blows horn of winter. Can anyone confirm that we're still benefiting from it?Occàm1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Lynx Rush request Could we please give this ability a more appropriate name, like 'Kitten Rush'??Fiddlery2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 femaledwarf question This might have been mentioned but I can't find it anywhere. when I use the site I can't select a pet, it says armoury down. Makes it hard to compare DPS between my 2 specs since BM is all about the pet. Is this a known bug? I have tried it on a couple of different computers and different browsers and it has been messed up for months now.Blackmood3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Stampede pet damage; 25% or 175%? Hello folks, I have a quick question concerning damage pets are supposed to deal while being summoned by Stampede. Do they deal 25% or 175% of normal damage? Because in-game it says 25%, but wowhead and thottbot say it's 175%. Thank youXanzoth10 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Loving Marks in BG/RBG Have not tried arena yet but I'm loving it. To be fair I haven't tried BM post patch. I can setup awesome burst with powershot, chim, AiS, arcane spam from toth proc into kill shot. Different playstyle than BM so all u noob hunters stick with it :pDungflinger3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 RSVP - Hunter +1 heyhey ! I've been playing since shortly before the release of MoP, and found Hunter to have arguably the most dynamic range of utility in the game. In no small part to the diversity of available pet families and their abilities. The topic of pet selection has been widely discussed in the forums, but I'm curious what your thought is about a hunting partner. As world PvP gains relevance again.. . What job class do you find best compliments Hunter for all forms of PvP and taking down rare spawns?Gandiva3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Sometimes I hate my pet!!! In this case i'm very low on health and I call my pet and does he stay put OH no he runs off quick and brings back a nice huge mob, wish I could off my pet sometimes, does anyone else have this problem lol. Don't get me wrong I love my pet he/she saved my ash more then a few times But still I really hate my pet its a love hate relationship.Milor4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 few questions on best macros glyphs and bm or Ok so im all pvp no pve read alot and bm we just got buffed not nerfed i play bm and i read 50/50 that mm is better for pvp and bm is better any suggestions? Next what good macros should i use nvr used but i need to start and what is the best glyph for bm or mm for pvpTánis0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Were Hunters nerfed or buffed? We do less damage all of a suddenly due to the loss of Trueshot Aura (it's for raid and party members only) but Aspect of the Hawk appears to be at 15% rather than 10% (it said 10% on the action bar, but it's 15% when the buff is activated). So our damage was nerfed by 5% as it appears, so that would be a minor nerf. On a positive note however, our defense in PvP (as in we don't take as much damage from bursts as we used to) has improved which gives me mixed opinions about this patch. Do you think that Hunters were nerfed or buffed?Danget34 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Pet taunting Ever since I changed spec from Survival to BM (which I've never used before) my pet cat taunts in heroics which of course is a big problem. Despite Growl being clicked off (I check constantly) and not on my bar it's still taunting, growl isn't ever active and it's not even happening at certain times such as when I may use Stampede or Blink strike like I've heard some hunters having problems with. What the hell do I do?Kaltesh14 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Soloing pre-mop raids Is there an updated guide somewhere to solo the old raids, I'm mostly interested in BC & Wra stuff. There used to be a guide that someone made in cata, but I'm not sure if thats still relevant. I've never really given old raids a try before, but my guild is not raiding atm and pvp is going lightly so I'm looking for things to do. :/Aracna2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Stampede mechanics I haven't really had alot of need for stampede leveling up, but almost to 90 now... Obviously stampede calls in your other 4 pets, or mirrors your current pet if glyphed. My question is, do the other 4 pets use their specials skills, or just core skills, base skills, or just auto-attack. I was thinking of keeping my prime pet in the tanking tree, making 2 ferocity, and 2 cunning. Any best combinations?Praetorian6 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 coming back to wow - how are hunters? Hi all! I haven't played WoW since cata, my hunter is 85 and i was wondering how hunters are at 90 in pvp/pve. I'm trying to figure out which toon would be most fun to level first (druid, pally, hunter, lock, priest). Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thank you<3Steppenwolf4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Question about Expertise Cap Is the Dwarf racial which gives 1% Expertise with Ranged Weapons applied on the default UI? When I cap at 7.5% on the character info screen, Female Dwarf says I'm 1% above cap, which makes me think that the Dwarf Racial is not applied to the character info number. I lowered my Expertise to 6.5% according to the character info panel, but I haven't had time to test whether or not I still get Dodges. Does anyone know for sure?Penseroso5 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Sometimes I hate my pet!!! In this case i'm very low on health and I call my pet and does he stay put OH no he runs off quick and brings back a nice huge mob, wish I could off my pet sometimes, does anyone else have this problem lol. Don't get me wrong I love my pet he/she saved my ash more then a few times But still I really hate my pet its a love hate relationship.Milor1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Global cd issue Id like to request that the global cd that prevents you from clicking Rapid fire if you have cast a recent spell be fixed its an issue ive been experiencing that ive had to spam click it for ages before it actually goes off. Interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?Hùñtér4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 The Hunter class needs work. End of story. Powershot - 1m CD - 47k dmg.. lol Chimera Shot - heals for 8k.. lol This is pathetic. BM seems weak now. MM is still weak. We have no defensive CDs that combat that rampant amount of CC that exists. FUBGreatbeyond8 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Power Shot is a "Skill shot" (Blue Tweet) Apologies if discussed already. Tweets posted on the 12th of Nov if you want to find them. Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler @TosanTribe Keep hearing that but it doesn't repro easily. Does it ever happen on target dummies who don't move? Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler @ThugcleavinWoW It is a "skill shot" (like Divine Star) so it can miss targets that move. That may be what players are seeing. When and were does it say Power shot is a skill shot. So if someone moves left to right they can dodge our ability that takes over 2 seconds to cast. So i guess we now know why power shot seems to never work In PvP.Hitmanblood61 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 My opinion on Marksmanship and Beast Mastery. I used to be a Beast Mastery Hunter from 2004 to about late 2009 due to the fact that they were the only Hunters that Blizzard has ever seemed to care about (which I regret doing now) and since they were overpowered for a while. Beast Mastery is making it so your pet does most of the work (you still shoot a little bit) and that doesn't take much skill at all, and I find that to actually be boring since it's easy mode and what would happen if somebody kills your pet or if your pet was to move off of the target? Oh right, you would be donefore in whatever match you are in. You're completely resticted to one or two playing styles in the Beast Mastery speculation which is garbage in my opinion. In the Marksmanship speculation, you are less restricted and you can make up your own playing style which is something that I like. I find that the people who play as Marksmanship Hunters develop better skills as a Hunter than Beast Mastery Hunters do as well since they need to come up with their own strategies for once since they actually do require some skill (Marksmanship Hunters are the ones that require skill, not Beast Mastery Hunters). If you are a Beast Mastery Hunter, you are hardly even doing anything besides shotting a little bit and making your pet do all of the work. Plus, you have to become more reliant on yourself for once which is why I love Marksmanship Hunters so much. When my pet dies on my level 90 Hunter, I'm still able to play since I don't need a pet as much in this speculation (don't get me wrong here, pets are nice to have as a Hunter). Silencing Shot and Chimera Shot are both useful as well against casters if you can use it correctly. Have you ever considered that you could be better if you are a Marksmanship Hunter if you were to take the time to develop as one? From what I've seen, people are only wanting Beast Mastery to remain as a buff speculation because of the fact that it's the 'lazy path' to take where you don't have to do much since your pet does all of the work. Marksmanship isn't a bad speculation, it's just a little bit outdated at the moment and I'm sure that Blizzard will update it for you guys at one point. I mean, we're all entitled to our own opinion on what's better, but people really do seem to hate Marksmanship because of the fact that it's not the 'easy mode' Hunters that Beast Mastery Hunters are. The heals and the Spirit Beasts in Beast Mastery may be nice to have, but your overall damage still sucks and the main required strategy is way too repetitive in my opinion.Danget2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Post Haste not breaking roots bug or intended In PVP i am finding the ability Post Haste no longer breaks roots! Is this a bug or intended?Slingshotz1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Posthaste Your Disengage frees you from all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 60% for 8 sec. The movement impairing effect does not get removed when I disengage and I just tried it in a duel. Worked fine before 5.1, is this is the case for anyone else?Tranus2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 With the new Lynx Rush changes.. Will that make Blink Strike more viable in a burst/Pvp situation? In a fight like Elegon, would I want to go with Blinkstrike for the orbs? Or maybe with Will of the Emperor, the adds don't stay up that long, so a quick burst might be better?Xavihunter0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Pet threat has been nerfed? I solo old content every week. I just finished Sarth and noticed that I pulled off my pet 2x (whereas I usually never pull threat). I am now soloing Malygos and it is the same thing - I am pulling threat off my turtle. I have soloed Maly many times and, especially in the initial attack before he goes into the vortex in P1, I have never pulled threat off my tank pet. I have now done 2 attempts and I am pulling Maly about 1/2 way through. This is even after MDing at the start of fight (like I always do) and then applying another MD. They definitely reduced pet threat generation.Falena6 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 So far on new Lynx rush. So far i could observe a few things, the main thing being Lynx rush's DoT damage is not increased by AP modifiers during the perform, but rather before you use it, so it's a good idea to save it for trinket procs. JSB CAN be configured to track the DoT's duration! Hope that helps!Yogurisimo0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Do people actually believe Blizzzard? At this point, do people actually believe Blizzard when they describe a system they are implementing or change they are going to make will work as expected? I know the example of Ghostcrawler and damage parses and sims is popular, but I have more faith in them than I do blizzard and have for a couple years. This post isnt going to be able LLOOLOLHUNTERS BAD, but more a legitimate question. Do any of you believe Blizzard when they say "We are to do X change and it will have Y effect". When I see those posts I immediately begin thinking of ways they will screw it up. Most prominently is the Lynx Rush change blizzard so promised would not result in a loss of pve damage. Lynx Rush is doing about 35% less damage overall today than yesterday. Over the course of a fight that is a significant amount of damage. When I heard they were going to change Lynx Rush I just sat back expecting them to make a change that fully resulted in the ability doing less total damage than it's previous form. Despite their constant reminders that it would do the same damage but simply over a longer period of time, they have once again proven themselves wrong. Stable slots aren't added because ??, but let's make sure that everyone and their pokemon pets gets it own tab so they don't overburden their bags carrying 400 pets. Mounts have their own tab as well. Something that can actually affect gameplay proper, nope. Blizzard posts usually include some kind of condescending tone about, this is our job and we read all the forums, I do not doubt that part. What I do doubt if your ability as a company to accurately provide information as to what you change and why. Many debates end up with blizzard posts falling back on the essential argument of "We design the game and know what we want and can't listen to all the people", or "The forum posters are just a minority". Both of those are true, but they are evasive nonanswers. They are reasons why you won't do thing X, not indications of you ARE doing thing Y. Cross Realm zones was a change that I am not sure anybody was really asking for, and in most cases people have disliked, but it fits the design you "wanted". Do you wonder why people give more credence to outside sources with a sense of legitimacy? People do post DPS parses and simulations and will use them as evidence, because those are all they have. They are most often dismissed as "unofficial" despite having exceedingly large amounts of inputs. At what point do they become accurate representations? This isn't a post about specific gameplay issues or class issues, just more about the dissemination of information. Too often I feel Blizzard misrepresents what they are doing or why, and dismisses the plays concerns for one of the aforementioned ideas instead of properly stating the goal.Bledwarf1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 mm doing good dmg playing mm and i love it i dont ever have to stop moving and my chimera is doing 40k in arenasSgp9 Nov 28, 2012