Hunter

Jun 15, 2012 Thanks Stevenash!!! Ony Mount The videos paid off buddy. I got the mount! Steves farming video tips helped greatly, even though they were written with MM in mind. I did it as BM. http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/OnyMount2.jpg http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/OnyMount.jpg Cheers! Good luck to people still farming!Raygar3 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 How can people say BM is noobish? TL;DR "As someone that plays BOTH MM and BM for the time being, I can honestly say BM is harder to play." Yeah, its me again. I decided to play MM just to "combative agree" with people. Marksman has ALL the tools for successful pvp. Being a bmer with keybinds, I used what I thought was the equivalent ability so I didnt mess up my button order when putting me new mm abilities on the action bars. During pvp, it took awhile to get used to it, but it was doable. I must say as my title says, I dont see how people say bm is noobish even more so now. With marksman I had an easier time defending myself ( unless out of readiness :P ) and putting out damage on classes that usually give me "problems", ie healers / ferals. That being said, I think it takes MORE tenacity to play bm and own with it, now. Im not dissing marksman, but I thought Id at LEAST play it, to compare. So as someone that plays BOTH for the time being, I can honestly say BM is harder to play. Agree? Disagree? Flame my 1400 rating into oblivion?Raygar99 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Pistols? So since we our getting our melee weapons taken away anyone else think it would be cool if you added a new type of range weapon that you could dual wield. Make pistols and small crossbows, just think of the awesomeness.Hunterweapôn21 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Rate my Hunter, plz ^Anurion2 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Low survival DPS in raids? So im really trying to pin point my issues with my DPS before I start raiding for real. I know that hunters arent the best raiding class right now but I love my hunter to death. I pull a solid 16-18k DPS in LFR. Its low I have good enchant except head and shoulder but Im not grinding for +35 mastery and such. No. Here my rotation Non- Lock and load: 1. Hunters Mark 2. Serp sting 3.Explosive 4. B.A. , or Trap 5. Arcane 6. Cobra Lock and load 1. Explosive x2 2. Pause 3. Explosive 4. Cobra I dont know if im clipping shots and my letency is between 12-150 sometimes. I really need to pin point my issues I think my gear sucks. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657431608 I believe this guy is right hunters are poo I dont ever think ill be doing heroics anytime soon even when im ready. I need help I need guides im using Noxxic.com but its not helping much Thanks, JerrosJerros20 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 kiting in MOP I was just considering how kiting will work with the new abilities. I wonder if ret paladins will be the hardest to kite? Atm it can be a bit of a challenge to kite them if they are smart about stepping away from traps. To tranq shot the freedom often have to get all the other buffs first. So the beginning is trying to strip him so i can get the freedom and the wings when i need to. But they can cleanse the slows and they have a speed increase. usually i do fine atm... but atm they don't have a snare. Theory crafting is theory crafting. Everyone was super scared when we got disengage and thought that no one would ever catch us. But... any hunters in the MOP beta can tell me if they have any luck kiting ret paladins? The other side of the coin is that we don't need to stay out of melee range to shoot now. That is nice... BUT it still seems that hunters get blown up in melee range more than anything else and so we still need to keep range. How goes it? Which classes/specs are the hardest to kite or fight for hunters atm?Eytan10 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 cooldowns I play marksman for pvp and was wondering if it is a good idea to put roar of recovery into my macro for cooldowns, trinkets/rapid fire etc.? Or if it would be better to leave it as its own keybind and use it situationally?Skinnyjeans0 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Imagine BM a tanking spec? I know itll never ever happen but come on itll be sick having a pet tanking raids and heroics. Like The pet can bubble shield you and taunt etc. All damage taken by you can be applied to pet or pets. Itll be an experience like no other if it can happen. We make pets stronger with our new talent tree and our gear has stats that translate into pet stats too. I know itll be awesomeJerros7 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Beast Master PVP... Outta curiosity for those who play the Beast Master spec that's similar to this build (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cfhffkhdoRozZGMM) how's it working out for ya? My build #2 is what I use for pvp; I'm thinking of making a few changes that'll be similar to the build above...Any advice on re-speccing??Highlandpark3 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Tested out the basilisk on beta ... I've been testing out the basilisk pet, with its 3 second invulnerability "petrifying gaze," on my mm hunter. I wouldn't consider it for my bm spec since shale spider is so much better. I think I'm going to let my basilisk go- the invulnerabilty can come back to bite you, such as if you are ccing a target to line up an aimed shot and discover that the pet got off the cc a split second later than you expected. So your big aimed shot is wasted as it fires into an invulnerable target. I can see lag issues with this as well. I don't see any pets in MoP that will knock the monkey off his pvp throne for mm. Especially since Ghostcrawler promised that mm mastery and piercing shots wouldn't break cc in MoP- that's the main downside of the monkey on live. Kind of a bummer, would be nice to have a new pet - the monkey annoys me for some reason, but he's clearly best for mm so it looks like the poop will still be thrown in Pandaria.Kelleni11 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 So, uh, quick question on hunters Recently started playing my hunter again, decided to try some PvP. I'm not that great. On a good day, I'll be better than average. However... on my hunter I more often than not am in top 3. Is this because they're OP, ranged classes are more prone to dying less (don't think I've had a negative K-D ratio yet), or simply because I'm lvl 48 and this changes drastically at higher levels? Not that it really matters, I'm just dreadfully curious. Thanks in advance!Kerquin11 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Back from 2 plus year break OK, so I'm almost back up to speed. I use to be a hardcore raider, and I use to have MANA. lol That was the biggest surprise so far after taking a long break... Any ways I guild-less and trying to get geared up. I know nothing about raiding now. Where should I start? What is puggable these days? any 25 man or 10 man stuff thats doable in a pug? Thanks for looking.Moteki4 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Amg, bows on backs! http://imgur.com/a/C3abE#0Palioh3 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Why blizz? I have wanted goats as a pet for a long time (seriously) Why do they have an attack speed reduction as their sepecial ability? Its worthless in PvP and PvE. Goats should have a headbutt stun not a dust kick. Its really wimpy and destroys the awesomeness of goats.Coupdegrâce5 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 "New" Talents. Took a look at them. They seem very heavily 'weighted' towards PvP and Multi-targets rather than boosting single target damage. Rather disappointing over all.Ulbelk1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 The Furnace / Skarr Do I have to "Unlock" quests in "The Furnace" part of Molten Front? How do I get into the "furnace" part exactly? Looking for this pet: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50815#comments Thank youBlueca1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15762 From mmo-champion.com Hunter Glaive Toss now the primary target will take 8 times as much damage from each strike, up from 4. Kill Shot now does 300% weapon damage, rather than 85% weapon damage plus (45% of RAP + 512). Talents A Murder of Crows: If used on a target below 20% health, the cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds, rather than reset. Binding Shot now requires a Ranged Weapon. Narrow Escape now lasts 8 sec, rather than until canceled. Posthaste has been reworked: Your Disengage frees you from one movement impairing effect and increases your movement speed by 60% for 8 sec. Pets Ancient Hysteria is now a Exotic Ability. Cower is now a Basic Ability. Demoralizing Screech is now a Special Ability. Dust Cloud now requires Melee range. Growl is now a Basic Ability. Qiraji Fortitude Increases party and raid members' Stamina by 10%, down from 2257%. Tear Armor is now a Special Ability. Kill Shot: Wonder if 300% = 85% + math Qiraji Fortitude: Darn... they noticed :)Uccin4 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Look good? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-specification#YZa!202111!aZQnMpShootitup3 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Should Parrots be in a new family;"Parrot"? Should Parrots be in a new family;"Parrot"? Currently, all parrot models are in the grouo Bird of Prey which I find unsuitable, since parrots are generally neither carnivorous nor it is in the raptor family. My suggestion; Introduce a new family; Parrot. Diet; Fruits, Breads, Fungus Special Ability; Chatter (same as monkey's fling) The parrot mimics a voice of the same sound of the target; confusing the target for four seconds. 20 yard range. Bonus ability; The parrot tells a joke ( random /silly that is exclusive to the Parrot family) example; "Ark Polly wanna have a phat lewtz Ark!"Kiba1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Pet Suggestions So i have been collecting some pets here and there and I am currently running with a gorilla. Whilst leveling up what kinds of pets should I be trying to collect or avoid?Nykira2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 pve build? best pve build as of nowGathr1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Quickie, Hunter Arena. Hey guys! I play a hunter at about 1750 mmr. Check out my video. like and subscribe if you enjoy the content. also leave me suggestions for future content! thanks alot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXkZpd_n93A&feature=g-uplBéstman0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Qiraji Fortitude Nerf Spell Changes: "Qiraji Fortitude Increases party and raid members' Stamina by 10%, down from 2257%." QQStunnashades7 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Armored Pets Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to put armor on our pets. The armor does not need to have states it can be purely cosmetic. Comments?Dox12 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Arcane nerf removed Hunter RBG Utility Arcane shot nerf (glyph) removed the utlilty that hunters bring to many groups. We were the only class with a maximum 50% snare. Rogues are now better than hunters in that department, as hunters were the best class for strand of the ancients PERIOD. In RBG we were almost only useful for slowing the FC when he was mounted, we have very low utility because of the amount of dot cleave teams used in today's RBGs. --- Please keep concussive shot, remove it from GCD, same CD every 6sec. Hands from pvp now reduce its cooldown by 1 sec. (not traps by 2 sec). Hunters still have NOTHING they can bring to RBG even in MoP. Please make them bring something unique. We need 50% set speed to compete.Magz26 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 384 lfr or 397 gear Hi all was just wondering is it better to have the 384 lfr gear or to replace it with the 397 valor gear. I have been trying for weeks to get the trinkets from lfr but no luck lol.Lanthor5 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Worm Pet WTF!? So looking at what new exotic pet I wanted to tame, I chose Rattlebore, a worm pet. Worms are tenacious pets, meant to be used for solo'ing / tanking what not. Before this worm I had a turtle, who did an awesome job. And the turtle's shell shield is very useful. So this EXOTIC TANK PET has an EXOTIC ABILITY of burrowing under the ground and cause a nice amount of damage over 8 seconds while being untargetable by any enemy attacks during that time. So I thought, wow, this will surely be a great tank pet for solo'ing instances. <ONE><MAJOR><PROBLEM> The worm using said "Burrow Attack" is about the equivalent of a Night Elf Bear tank using Shadowmeld in the middle of a pull. All aggro is dropped and you are now the target. WTF!? SERIOUSLY!? So take that ability out of the picture and now we have this EXOTIC TANK PET that comes with nothing useful for tanking outside of talents. WTF!?Daelanoth11 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Beta Build 15762 - 6/12/12 Glavie Toss now does 8 times as much damage to its primary target as it does to mobs getting in the way, up from 4 times. Kill Shot is now 300% weapon damage, up from 85%. If Murder of Crows is used on a target below 20% health, then it's cooldown is set to 15 seconds, up from reset. Narrow Escape lasts 8 seconds, up from until cancelled. Posthaste now causes your Disengage to free you from one movement impairing effect and increase your movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds. Viper Venom has a tooltip clarification.Goldobank5 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Happy to be a hunter I recently started playing again after a few months of not. I got bored with most of my characters so i decided to level up my hunter alt. He was in the 70's. In a matter of a few days, i got him to where he is now. I felt the need to post this thread just to let everyone know that this has been one of the most fun experiences in my life. I love my hunter. He is unbelievably fun to play. When i quest, which i have always wanted to do with my characters but it was always hard/annoying, i have the time of my life. When i'm questing, i go BM and it's a breeze. In dungeons, i go SV and it is just purely amazing. I love spamming multishot with improved serpent sting when there is a huge group. Seeing all of those numbers flying in the air makes me feel awesome. When my group is about to wipe, feign death and mass rez everyone. I'm only level 83 right now and i usually pull anywhere from 8-13k dps in dungeons. This makes me super excited to get to 85 and get geared up. Then i'll really be pulling big dps. I doubt anybody took the time to read this but if they did, i just want you to know that playing a hunter is amazing. If you don't have one, (you prolly do or you wouldn't be in this forum section) i highly suggest making one. If you do have one and don't really play it anymore, go play it. You won't regret it. And if you do have one and it is your main, i'm sure you know exactly what i'm talking about. Hunters all the way <3Orionx8 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Gearing tips? just some advice would be niceDissociative2 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Is this insane or genius? Kiting and tanking bloods on heroic spine with a turtle pet to give you one more dps or at least lower the healing requirement? Let the bloods aggro at the front on the third plate (just aoe them down before that). Put the turtle in the back. Misdirect them all to him. The adds run back, dismiss turtle, feign, repeat. Or just run the turtle in laps around the edge since he's faster than the bloods?Polluxx2 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Been far too long. It's been a while since I've done anything with this guy... Was wondering what differences have been made to the specs, quick run downs of the play styles, ect. ect... >> Any information at all, really. I haven't really toyed with any spec but MM since TBC.Hoakres1 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Quick weapon question Which is better Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth(403) Horrifying Horn Arbalest(410) Thanks alot my hunter friends.Riggo2 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Need major help. Yesturday my friend resurected me with the scroll of resurection. I always wanted a hunter so I got a instant level 80 hunter. My highest level before I quit was level 22 so I have no idea on what dungeons to go to. How to raid. And how to pvp and not get 1 shotted. I really want better gear so I can get honor points in pvp or just trade justice points for them to make a level 10 twink paly. Can someone please help. I'm really clueless of the gameRyguz4 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Best pets for PvE damage To my understanding, DPS pets all do the same damage, but they can carry different buffs that help your raid depending on the raid composition. So if this is correct, then that means I should have multiple different pets for PvE raiding instead of just 1. I was wondering which pets are the best for DPS in raiding PvE? Also, I already know about the sporebat joke, so there's no need trying to make an inside joke by saying "sporebat". Also, inb4 someone says sporebat anyways thinking that they are clever. Thanks.Deadredneck16 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Make my BC gun shoot lasers. Really dont know where to put this thread so i guess you hunters might appreciate this. Why, with all the different ranged weapons currently being used in game. do we still only have one animation for auto firing any weapon? As i sit here wondering why the crazy looking laser rifles in Burning Crusade just shoot standard bullets from their glowing muzzles i reallize that all the bullets and arrows look the same. That doesn't seem right to me. Why cant you see an arrow fly thru the air or a fire ball for that matter. all the other ranged classes get to shoot colorful balls of shadow and fire and ice and whatnot and all we get is maybe an occasional red tracer or green swirly. Thats lame.Igottafeevah4 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 MM vs SV This question has probably been asked a thousand times, but I am going to have to ask it one more time. As of now what is the pve spec with the most damage output on average? I've been away from the game for awhile and everything seems new to me. A little help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!Amadro5 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 13, 2012 Has Hunter PVP improved? I started enjoying playing my hunter in PVP lately after abandoning him most of this expansion. Did Blizz improve them enough to actually make them worth playing in PVP or did I just get better at playing them? I still suck against rogues but actually do well against other classes.Tarkcannon4 Jun 13, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Kiroptyric Sigil or 390 Wrath of Unchaining? So, I've currently got 397 Kiroptyric Sigil and 397 Starcatcher Compass. Today, I had 390 Wrath of Unchaining drop, unexpectedly. I was wondering whether I should keep the Kiro sigil or replace it with the wrath of unchaining, despite the lower ilvl--because of the agility proc... not to mention it's a proc instead of a use trinket.Paintrainwoo8 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Scroll of ressurection: now what? So I just used a scroll, and decided I wanted my hunter to be 80. I have a few questions, though. What should my rotation be 80-85? What's faster leveling, questing or instances? (I prefer instances) ... or pvp? I like pvp the most... but I could guess it would be next to nothing xp wise. I feel like I'm missing tons of skills. Is this possible? I went to the SW trainer, but he has nothing for me.Anony1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 What's the current pvp spec for hunter? Is it BM, MM, or SV? Also what is the top dps spec currently (pve)Blixt106 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Add-on Help Hi, I wanted to know if there was an add-on out there that would display which buff is missing from the raid group to help me pick a pet to contribute to the raid?? Thank you for any advice.Saiyad1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Question on Beast Mastery... Several questions actually. 1. Is BM a viable raid dps spec if played correctly. 2. Is there anything special about our rotation? Kill Command. Arcane shot focus dump while KC is on cooldown, Focus Fire when 5 stacks (Can be theorycrafted to 3 stacks but i wont go there) Cobra back up to full and repeat, popping Bestial wrath when off cooldowns and fervor when Bestial wrath expires. Anything I need to know or that I am missing?Zaknefein3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Best dps spec? I was just wondering what everyone's spec/rotation was and how high their dps can get, for some reason i am not having very much luck and my dps is falling.Booggieman5 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Need help with pet selection Hello, I am leveling this toon as BM spec and without any heirlooms. I'll be solo questing and grouping with players in the dungeon finder along the way. I understand ferocity pets do more DPS overall... but I would consider a cunning pet if its special ability would help increase DPS for a dungeon group or provide a substantial buff for myself. Since the top exotic BM talent is at level 69, I'm looking at my options for non-exotic pets: Cunning: Dragonhawk: %8 Increased magic damage debuff Ravager: %4 increased physical damage debuff Serpent - %4 stack sunder armor debuff Wind Serpent - %8 Increased magic Ferocity Cat: Agility/Strength buff Hyena: %30 Increase to bleed effects Raptor: %4 stack sunder armor debuff Wolf: %5 Crit I guess since call pet 2 is available at level 18, I don't have to pick 1 pet for both roles. I can pick 2 pets for my needs. As a BM hunter, which pet provides the most benefit to a dungeon finder group while helping out my own and my pets DPS as well? I believe other classes can buff strength and agility (Shaman totem, mark of the wild), and the tank classes can reduce armor.. so some of these pets that can help boost DPS or provide a debuff have some overlap with what other classes can provide. I'm looking for a pet that brings a unique debuff or group buff that helps DPS. And secondly, in a solo questing context, which pet would be the best choice? When solo questing most fights are very short. So getting 5 stacks of the armor debuff over 30 seconds won't effectively provide a good DPS boost for my pet and I. %5 crit from a wolf might be a bigger DPS boost than %4 increased physical damage from a ravager. I'm confused... Does +%30 on bleeds help us anyway? I thought serpent sting was a poison. And the time it takes for a bleed to run its full durationm, the mob dies anyway in a few ticks. TLDR: 1.) Pre-69 group PvE pet that brings a unique debuff / group buff to the table that helps the group's DPS? 2.) Good solo pet for quick fights that provides the best DPS increase for my BM Spec / pet dps.Beaulah2 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 assist really? pets now are hard to micromanage while in combat ,they keep geting lost or stop attacking who your attacking and in general are not doing their job .ever since the assist nerf instead of aggresive mode they are dumb as dirt. it makes it frustrating to even be a hunter in wow pvp. its funny that the shamans spirit wolves are better pets then my hunters spirit beastBlacksong11 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Hunter PvP I really love hunter PvP. I have noticed that there are some mechanics that are broken though. Let me start off by saying I am very successful in PvP and this it not a complaint thread. My first issue is min range. I can't tell you how many times I've been rendered completely useless in arena by people that hug melee. Rogues in particular are bad. Any halfway decent rogue can stay on a hunter with crippling poison and shadowstep. Seems like as soon as I disengage they just shadowstep right back to me...not to mention disarms and blinds. Arms warriors are difficult but not impossible, I have yet to find a decent way to deal with feral druids, and a frost mage that stays melee is impossible. Another problem I've noticed is how overall clunky the class is. I play Marksman. I enjoy the utility, and I can't stand having a faceroll spec like BM. It seems like if I have to play keep away from some melee class my damage is completely ruined. All I can do is Spam Chimera and Arcane Shot-maybe if I'm lucky enough to not have them trinket out of my scatter shot I'll get one aimed shot- When I step back and look at the hunter class and all its utilities, it seem like it's a pretty easy and effective class to play. When it comes to gameplay however it's just SO clunky and difficult at times. I use hotkeys and I move with mouse. Again, I do very well in pvp, I'm just looking for some pointers on how to overcome some of these difficulties that the class has.Gilidar3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 A bit of charge and disengage testing. So I did a bit of testing and posted the results here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5626189059 However I wanted to do a bit more testing of other alike abilities. I put the results in this short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnKmJJvWPsU The results in short show things like disengage, charge, and im assuming death grip and leap of faith do not activate any abilities that effect the landscape. For example, Traps, Aoe healing that's placed on the ground, flares, dks runes, earthquake, possibly a mages Aoe freeze. U haven't had time to test all of these but im assuming since out position isn't within their reach we can't be effected by them. Another thing I forgot to test is if im at max range then disengage can i still hit them even though im farther then 40 feet, and the same for them too. I don't have the means to test all of this but any help would be pretty cool, i would like to push them to change these mechanics and have our position be updated so we can get around these types of things.Argash1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 new to world of warcraft. ok so i am very to to WoW...and i understand that the whole game runs on dps but i dont hit very well i am a lvl 14 hunter and my max that i have hit with my bow is around a 30 and i watch these videos of low level hunters hitting 200's could anyone give me some tips. thanksCatacalysm5 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Ok I need help please Or I'm just an idiot. I made a hunter and the first macro I tried to make was for /petattack And it's not working. Why isn't it working? Am i just stupid? Someone...please help me. Please :(Júne12 Jun 12, 2012