Hunter

Aug 29, 2012 hunter hit points? Anyone else seem to lose roughly 20k hp after the patch? I believe it may be the absence of the 'hunter vs. wild' talent from the survival tree.Stokely8 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 BM HUNTER 5.0.3 KILL COMMAND - BLUE PLZ FIX Hi, so BM hunters in 5.0.3, my Kill Command does not work on a lot of targets. "Your pet is out of range." On top of it, you've nerfed survival so now my autoshot does more damage than my explosive shot. Can you PLEASE fix the pathing on KILL COMMAND. Can't dps HM Al'Akir, cant dps Ultraxion, PLEASE FIX.Mustadiio2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Does anyone else Hate the new trap launch? IDK if i'm a lost cause or what, but I HATE the new trap launch and would take the old clunky macro-able launcher any day. I hate having the check the damn thing before using a trap and it always seems to be on or off at the wrong times. Switching adds another freaking bind. I hate that it can't be macroed. I really wish we just had two abilities for each move, one ranged one dropped. That way I could make argument macros with a modifier and boil them both into one shot. Again, maybe i'm a lost cause, but i HATE this new trap launcher. Has anyone come up with any good macros for it?Jebüs19 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Raid weapons no longer useable? Are raid weapons (Vishanka, Gurthalak, etc) no longer usable due to the addition of PvP Power/PvP Resilience? My explosive shot is ticking for about 2k atm (about 6k in total with one shot) and an arcane shot is literally hitting harder, and costs less focus. I'm not sure if they nerfed expshot or it's something to do with my weapon, can someone help? enough complaining though, I'm completely in love with general hunter survivability now, It's a lot of fun and the new trap launcher mechanic is awesome along with expshot knockback, it's great. I'm just wondering why survival always has to get the crap end of the stick.Right2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Rofl hunter solo method surv spec, MD glyph, tank wolf on passive follow, spam MD and multishot don't have to worry about pet AI moving stuff or pulling stuff you didnt want all mob come to you and face kill them rinse and repeat intended? I expect passive pet wont work with MD soon.Jancy1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Lock N Load change or no? I remember reading before the patch that they would change Explosive shot in a way that lets you spam the button when Lock N Load procs instead of having to wait for the initial explosive shot to expire. But it appears as though this is not the case because if I fire them one after the other one still looks to reset the one before it. Anyone know for sure if there was or was not a change? Did I read wrong?Leoheart12 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.0 Hunter PvP?? I know it just came out yesterday but what spec is looking the best for PvP and why? and I would appreciate any helpful links! :)Sabrewolf2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Pet out of range on Ultraxion Is anyone having problems with Kill Command on Ultraxion? It kept telling me pet was out of range and would not activate.Maelvorn9 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 issues with camo after being camo i try to recamo when cd is over then it goes on cd but im not camouflage.Degame3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 So what's better right now? So I've been survival for the majority of 4.3, but recently I've heard surv. dps has taken a pretty hard hit with 5.0.4, and that mm and bm are better. I'm not going BM because I just don't want to (Even though I have heard some things), so I need to decide if I'm gonna stay surv or go mm for 5.0.4, and later mists itself.Gbluecheez2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Pet dies too fast? my Spirit Cat was Ferocity and getting killed very easy. just switched it to Tenacity and it does not die very easily. is this a big DPS loss for BM burst in PvP? with Combat Experince, i am thinking notSaralondé4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Blink Strike or Lynx Rush? Title... which ability does more dmg? I mainly use a wolf pet...Tedril9 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Blink Strike? Personally I like Lynx Rush>Blink Strike. However, after testing it a bit a did notice something. Depending on the pet you are using, such as a cat/bird/Dino anything dps wise, Lynx Rush does more damage. BUT after using a monkey/crab you get insta CC with the Blink than you would over just pure damage. Some will say Damage>CC but I disagree. With better CC you can line up a trap set or regain focus or maybe set up a kill in arena (I don't do arena so I am just imagining). So before you say one skill is flat out better than another, think about how you might need that situational CC when you need it most. Happy Hunting.Kardul5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Bm PvP spec. Let's discuss :) Spirit mend or Exhilaration? Blink strike or Lynx Rush? Fervor or Dire Beast? Me : Spirit Mend (I can kite people no need for me to have Exhilaration, plus spirit beast mend) Blink strike, It's useful when a target is also running away! Fervor, that extra focus when you need it after you pop all your Cds :) Discuss and put reason why!Bòwjób3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Kill Command not working at all on Ultrax Great job blizzard! Screwed up this game so f-ing bad...........Cancelling my sub as we speak.Multishotlol12 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Glyph of Concussive Shot Really missing it :(Tarah5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Best pet for pvp [BM]? Hello hunters! I've been testing a lot of stuff out for BM lately, and I was wondering what you all think is the best pet for pvp. Recently I've tried out Monkey and Shale Spider. I'm using shale spider atm because I think monkey blind + web wrap are the same thing in terms of DR, and web wrap is all around better. But with intimidation, idk if I should go for a different type of pet. What do you all think?Manaclaw2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Kill command and Lynx rush BUG While running LFR, I notice on Ultraxion, the dragons on Warmaster Blackhorn and Madness of Deathwing that I wasnt able to perform Kill commands nore Lynx rush. I kept getting the error then my pet is currently out of the targets range. After manually setting my pet I was able to sometimes active these abilites. Ultraxion, didn't matter were my pet was, It could hit the boss, but also could not use kill command nor lynx rush for the entire fight. War master, it was only on the 2 dragons, even though my pet was under the dragons and hitting them, again could not use those 2 abilites. Madness of deathwing could not hit the Arms, Mutations or the head. The pet always seemed to run down into the water to attack. Any one else have these issues?Gackto10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Losing the 130 agility enchant! Can hunters enchant bows with the 130 agilty enchant?? If not then............ChaNGE IT Im fine with changes I can adapt, BUT I think we should get to enchant our bows with the 2h weapon enchant for 130 agility, its our best stat so why, it would be insane on the forums if people lost their Landslides and such!!Deepster6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Pet constantly pulls aggro? I'm only level 26 and I've noticed on my Hunter that after this recent patch my pet almost automatically pulls the aggro off the tank during dungeons which results in it dying and in me having to spam Mend Pet every time it wears off to give them a better chance at staying alive, as opposed to normally never having to use that skill since my pet rarely ever pulled aggro before. Is there a way of avoiding this? I originally had my pet as Ferocity then switched to Tenacity but it still pulls the aggro 90% of the time. Also did pets all lose their special abilities? I miss the extra strength/agility my cat gave me and the sticky web my Spider used.Volechek2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Should I help your pet? So I was in a PUG today and the hunter flipped out because I wasn't healing his pet, then proceeded to rage about it for the rest of the instance. Personally I've never seen a pet drop below 80%, so I just began to ignore them and didn't think anything of it. I've never really had a complaint about it before, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making your life harder. Do you expect the healer to heal your pet?There17 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 widescreen cant modify screen after recent patch. suggestionsPhotothermic2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Help with pet Sooo I spent all this time changing my talents and glyphs, etc....q for a dungeon run and my cat does this: target mob, pet charges, pet goes stealth and starts TANKING. Tank in return starts complaining (obviously). A...why is my pet going stealth all of the sudden??? B....why is my pet tanking?? Basically, what changed with the pets?Spottedpally4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is MM now the better spec? I have tried out the SV after the patch and dps is s a bit lower than before, not by much though. With the SV buffs basically gone, will MM become now the fotm? Anyone tried both MM and SV yet?Gothen15 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 First impressions My DPS is up ~15% against the target dummies. The number of abilities available has increased significantly. The rotation is more complicated than before. I have all the keys on my Razer Naga macro'd, as well as all the keys that are easily reached by my keyboard hand, and I have nowhere left to put keybinds for any of my aspects and some important abilities, like Widow Venom. A murder of crows is nice, as is dire beast, but require more work in the rotation. My health was previously 170k without buffs, 187k fully buffed. It is now 141k without buffs, 153k (I think) fully buffed. I don't know if the other new stats are intended to compensate for this, but I seem to die much more quickly now in almost every situation. My freezing traps fail much more often. Previously they were only begrudgingly used, considering the amount of effort and the risk of missing or getting resisted. Now toons walk over them repeatedly, with no ill effects. I spent a lot of time dueling a rogue. The results were mixed. Sometimes I would destroy him. Other times he would destroy me. The outcome was totally RNG. If my scatter shot misses, my concussive shot misses, my trap misses, etc., I'm basically DOA. If his special abilities miss, he's DOA. My expertise and hit are capped, and my absolutely crucial kiting shots would sail past him continuously and repeatedly. Several classes that were already OP have been buffed even more. The pallies and DKs that can both DPS and heal themselves should have been nerfed. They were not. Holy priests, which were already difficult to kill, can apparently now perpetually survive 3 fully geared DPS with minimal mana consumption. (I haven't played these classes yet, so this evaluation is based on confrontational encounters in BGs and duels.) Analysis: There aren't many positive changes in this new release, but it's difficult to tell after just one day. Some of the new abilities/talents seem gimmicky. Having play mechanics be even more subject to the whims of the RNG is the *wrong* direction for blizzard to take, and possibly the worst thing they could do to WoW. I was hoping the rotation wouldn't get much more complicated, since hunter is already one of the hardest classes to play well.Psyxe4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Holy spirit beast taming Batman So yesterday about 30 minutes after I logged on so about 6:30 PST I updated NPCScan and roamed my spirit beast paths. I was able to take loque'nakah, Arcturis, Skoll, Gondria and Karoma all within 30 minutes. No Ghostcrawler though. Did they increase the spawn rate of these mobs with the patch or was I just obsurdly lucky?Karella2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is Ice Trap now mandatory for single-target? The pre-patch, 5.0.4, that has recently came out have provided most classes, including hunters with some unusual glyphs. [Point of No Escape], when selected as a talent in the survival tree pre-5.0.4, said "Increases the critical strike chance of all attacks on targets affected by your Frost Trap, Freezing Trap and Freezing Arrow by 6%." This talent has now been replaced with [Glyph of No Escape] which gives the same effect, though increasing the critical strike chance of your attacks on affected targets by 20%, up from 6%. tl;dr: No, you don't. Edit: The change doesn't apply to bosses, though only useful for trash.Variant4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Holy spirit beast taming Batman Karella1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Thrill of the Hunt bugged? The thrill of the hunt talent doesnt seem to be providing free multishots... the icon will light up as it should but it still costs focus. Is it just me?Aymer3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 My guy feels so weak, and I figured out why.. As you can see from others posting survival took a pretty big hit, or at least it seems that way. I was playing around and I noticed a few things. 1) Explosive shot does like half the dmg. Yes, it's less focus, but I don't notice using it twice the amount of time to make up for damage loss. 2) Cobra shot is doing much less now. I was getting 19k crits pre patch, now it does more like 11k. Normal hits went from around 9k down to a little over 5k. 3) Lost attack speed buff. Granted, in a raid setting you will most likely have that buff, but without an unholy dk or some rogue spec, you won't have it. Anyway, those are the major things I noticed that got changed for survival. Has anyone noticed any buffs that compensated for the changes? I don't quite understand why they got rid of attack speed buff from survival, but whatever. What do you guys think? Sound about right?Fligdhunta10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 [Kill Command] No Path Available Tried testing my DPS on LFR Ultraxion, and I couldn't use [Kill Command] because apparently there was no path available. I also couldn't attack drakes prior to the pull, with [Kill Command]. This a bug or is this the reality of it? I was testing Beast Mastery prior to 5.0.4, and [Kill Command] worked perfectly, and also [Kill Command] has been given an additional +25 Yard Range, so I don't know why there's no path available.Variant6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Survival Opening Salvo & Crows what are your opening salvos like? im using crows but, not sure when's a good time to pop it.Rabak0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Thrill of the hunt Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Arcane shot, arcane shot, Seriously..... I want to play a hunter... Not an arcane Mage.Spééd6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Feels like BC all over again. Micromanaging pets like a SC2 player so it doesnt die to every single AoE in the game....Yogurisimo6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Dire Beast Whistle Four Hunters + Dire Beast in LFR = that whistle is getting annoying, even I was getting ready to kick us. <sigh>Notho3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 what happend to survival what has happend to survival spec are you at blizzard wanting to write it out of the game...come on blizzard there is nothing for us survival hunters in this new expansion that i can see..i dont see any useful glyph's or any talents that help survival spec for this expansion..it seems you want everyone to go bm or mm..what happend to giving us the choice and wanting us to pick things that are more personal. please explain ?Mintÿ3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is Blink Strike really that bad? Hey guys, I was wondering, is Blink Strike really so bad that's it's not worth using? Reason I ask is cause everything I've looked up to help with reforging also mentions that Lynx Rush is a way better talent to use over Blink Strike. Is the dps difference really that massive? I'm loving Blink since it makes target switching and the initial start of a fight so much better since my pet instantly teleports to the target as well. Only complaint is that it does some... interesting things, like when I did LFR and on the ship my pet would teleport behind the dragons while in the sky. Most of the time he just stayed there and I had to dismiss him, but a couple times he ended up falling into the sky and auto dismiss.Renryuu0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Loving my new pet. I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD FOR MAKING BASILISK TAMABLE! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Protecter/hunter-pet#43339 They have a banish for Humanoids that works in PVP.Protecter0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Tier 5 talent for MM...best of the worst? More or less what the title implies, what are all the MM hunters out there (whichever ones are left lol) going with. Right now I'm using blink strike since my minor testing with Murder of Crows was pretty unimpressive haven't touched Lynx Rush yet but I can't see it being better than blink strike so is that what we're left with as the best talent in this tier? (I mean they're all basically DPS talents so...)Pejorative0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 need a bm hunter macro k as title says anyone know how to make a macro to use all these instant skills at same time like i want my pet to attack and use beast and the #14 slot for trink and the 2 new skills lynx rush and dire beast all to go off at same time , is this even possiable? i know im asking alot from one macro but imagine the burst dps from all that.. lolÄrrów2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Anyone get phasing issue? Currently in duel in front of orgrimmar I've a lot of phasing issue. I feel that it's only me because other people can still hit me which really makes me pissed. It's not only in here, it's happen on PTR also. I don't know what cause that but each time the phasing happen I'll just forfeit. Anyone know what cause this or has the same experience?Noïr0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 I've been away- I have a few questions please I was checking out the changes on all my toons, and noticed my hunter can either have a polearm, or a gun equipped but not both. I am not sure I understand. If I have a choice, I will always have the gun equipped, why is the pike still available? I'm not sure I would ever use it. I do have an empty offhand slot. Is this a bug that the weapon should go into that slot?Cappicino1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 I guess I've reached my personal limit My initial impression of the new talents is that there are simply too many things to keep track of. I am most definitely feeling overwhelmed with all the new CDs to track.Radroit7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Hunters are your pets currently bugged? I was running a couple of heroics with some buddys last night and i kept losing agro even ST to a hunter pet Mage in our group was doing 60k+ ST and the rogue doing 50k+ i was not losing agro to these people it was the hunter doing 15k dps who was taking all the agro. I could not understand why or how we stopped before bosses he claimed he had turned growl off so to be sure he turned it on and off a few times to be sure but no matter what that retarded cat pet decided he wanted the boss to slap him in the faceDraylen3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 BM macro not working Hello, I am trying to make a BM macro but it is not working and I don't know why. To be honest I know next to nothing about macros so it could be something really simple. The macro is this /cast lynx rush /cast beast wrath /cast dire beast /cast rapid fire Excuse the spelling if anything is wrong, I am in my car writing,on my iPad. When I use this, all the abilities don't get used at the same time. Even if I press it multiple times they still won't work. If I press the macro then what ever didn't go off i press manually then it works but it's a little annoying. Also using 4 cool downs at once manually is a little cumbersome. Is there something I am missing? I tried adding /stopcast in between each one so that I could just press it 4 times. Still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Edwrdofelise4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Can we still solo Kael? I was working on Kael for the past few weeks but I am wondering what happens now that we lost our melee weapon slot and can't equip the Staff of Disintegration. Anyone have a work around or are we just no longer able to do this now?Mediocre2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Wooo who here loves Flock of Seagulls?!?!?! And I ran....I ran so far away I just ran....I ran all night and day I couldn't get away Love this patch!! LOL...its like Alfred Hithcock got rezzed as a hunter!Barrymanilow1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Why do hunters insist on pulling? Title speaks for itself. Through 81 levels so far, all but the 1st 10 levelling via tanking dungeons, I've found sooo many hunters that A) don't turn off pet taunt & B) just straight up pull pull pull. I mean c'mon, I can chain-pull just fine, tyvm. This ain't my first rodeo after all. But so far, 81 levels in, 1 druid who dps'd in bear from, a few dk's dps'ing in blood presence, and a TON of hunters who seem to think they're tanks or something. (And it's getting worse as we get higher in level...how to players get worse at their class as they hit lvl 75-80?!?) I know it's not ALL hunters, but good lord, what is up with hunters doing this? Good hunters please teach your d-bag, trollish & just plain baddie bretheren to turn off your pet taunts & stop pulling with multishot!Spadoink62 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Let's Just call it Aspect of PVE and Aspect.. of PVP No point in Animal names. And GC wants to punish the entire class for being childish and make us rue the day we dared to speak up that aspects just got F...ck..d. And the threat is to basically end hunter resource generation in PVP out side of a cooldown down the road because we shouldn't be moving at all apparently because according to Ghostcrawler we should just stand still and mash keys till we die or someone else dies. Well, with focus my guess is I get to fire 3 shots before I am stunned or out of focus and none of my button pushing will matter in the world ghostcrawler intends to make for me. "Movement should be terrible for a ranged spec. Full stop. All of the various mechanics we put in from Spiritwalker's Grace to Aspect of the Fox are to make moving less terrible, but it should still be pretty terrible. (And if you think there are specs not penalized enough by moving, please let us know, though probably not in this thread. We felt that ranged movement got a bid out of control in Cataclysm so we've definitely made an attempt to scale it back.) If it helps, imagine Hawk and Fox as talents. You can have higher damage, or you can cast your focus-generating shots on the move. Which do you want? It probably depends. Try them both out and see which gives you more success. (And at the end of the day, they aren't talents, so if you really can't bear the thought of making an exclusive choice, you can switch it. Just not for free.)"Itukaaj49 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Autoshot OP Nerf Plz http://i.imgur.com/FOpZv.jpg This was on Heroic Yor :| Autoshot is consistently doing more damage then explosive shot on every fight thus far. Really Blizzard?Earthroot4 Aug 29, 2012