Hunter

Jun 29, 2012 So about Hunters Im guessing by the bits i read here that SV is "the" spec to play and that when I finally get to level i should spec BM to tame rare pets. That about right? I actually kind of like Marks for soloing. Send my turtle in aimed shot steady shot loot rinse repeat Beast Mastery really confuses me though it feels like im almost there as the cheering section for my pet to do most of the damage.. I guess my question if I did have one is Should I be working to sharpen up my skills as SV more as I level and not really think to much on Marks?Nykira14 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 No updated MM guide for 4.3? I have finally hit 85 on this guy and would like to get him set up for raiding. I am enjoying MM and would like to stick with it. However, the most up to date MM guide I've been able to find on the forums is for 4.1 and over a year old. Is there an updated guild for 4.3? Or did MM simply not change between then and now, so a new one is not needed? Any insight would be appreciated.Kyndz1 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Hunterness check up! Howdy all, Im looking for some opinons etc on my gear etc! Anything is a help at this point =)Nekrol13 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Hunter PvP Question Which is better for arenas? Just acquired the 403 kiril out of DS and was wondering. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/77194 or http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/73456Icepops1 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 New to hunter - PVP questions Just wanted to say hello, new hunter here hoping to have some questions answered. I have a few level 85s and played almost every class besides hunter. That is why if some questions seem noobish, you know why. Ok, I hit level 60 recently and have running as a BM spec. I thought this would be fun in PVP because I could use my pet to control a fight and assist dps-wise in pvp. I should mention that I plan on most of my leveling to be done through pvp. First, I get the idea of a hunter is to fight at range and not let your opponent close the gap. However, I am finding that difficult. It seems that I only have the disengage skill if my opponent gets to close but that doesn't get me out of stuns or any effect that makes me lose control of my character. This is extremely annoying w/ rogues and dks. Is this what to expect at my level or am I missing out on a strategy? (Used to playing humans w/ the racial so never thought of getting an insignia until right now.) I don't have an insignia equipped so I can get one of those. Second, my pet doesn't seem to be all that great when it comes to pvp. I am not sure what I was hoping for but this isn't it. I have the cat that you start the game with. Over time, he has become quite the killer. However, once he got that Prowl skill, I find him kind of... I don't know. Blah. In PvP, he can't close the gap fast enough so it seems I am fighting on my own until he gets to the enemy which leaves me low on health and focus. That, or I am switching targets to throw traps, maybe Scatter shot someone who is too close, then go back to my original target and my pet is no where to be found. Should I leave him on assist or change to defensive stance? Should I even be using the cat or be using another pet all together? Perhaps get the skill that makes him move faster while in Prowl mode? I don't know what to do but I'm finding that I can't rely on it and if I am going to be relying on myself then maybe I should just try a new spec all together. For professions, I went engineering. Are there any tricks or items that would be very useful when it comes to PVP as a hunter? Thanks for any replies. Glad I finally chose hunter because I'm having fun with it and it seems like a good community.Tarras4 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Staff of Shadow Flame Why you show Agi chant? I need a skull themed (or black if I must) staff, preferably one that doesn't show the Agi chant. Need to hold me over till Ahune gives me his scytheLaichzeit1 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 post deleted due to phone link trickery dohIlke0 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 any help will be great i'm looking for some help on my dps i haven't been back on wow that long but when i was on i was able to top the dps easy but since i came back its been a bit hard to keep my dps up, i'm working on my gear now but i need help on finding some good attacking macros my old ones are a joke now, so any help you guys can help me with would be great thanks guysDarkbolter3 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Addon Question So just really quick... I was hoping there was a very simple addon that let's me know how far away i am from my target. It would be very useful against rogues and Frost Dk's, since im usually so focused on the battle itself i don't notice my range. Something really simple would be nice. My second addon question is, something that show's the party or raids current buffs and buffs that are missing. That is pretty important for me since i'm just starting to raid, it'd be awesome to give the raid what we're missing. Maybe a table that shows what he have on one side and what we're missing on the other. Some screenshots would really help so i don't have to go look everything up. I'll probably choose the popular 2 that you guys come up with Thanks!Shootitup2 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Female Dwarf vs Ask Mr. Robot Which is more accurate?Esclasca2 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Spectral Transmog Looking for transmog ideas for use with Magria, a spectral tiger mount and a celestial dragon. Thoughts?Galapro2 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Winna's Kitten Anyone know if Winna's Kitten is still tamable? And do you have to have a quest to spawn it?Wrun2 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 MM vs Survival in pvp In pvp. (arena and rated bgs), which spec puts out the most dps... MM or Survival? I have learned how to play both. I like survival and feel that I do well with it... but everybody calls me a noob for not playing mm and dosn't want to play with me... I feel that explosive shots damage is to high to pass up...Tedril33 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 My green shale spider Well haven't used him in a while. Today was going to do a couple low level dungeons. So pulled him out of stable master. And now Jadefang isn't green? http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/justy3737/WoWScrnShot_062512_230531.jpg He looks more red too me then originally green skin http://www.wowhead.com/npc=49822/jadefang#screenshots:id=299946Druenny8 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 quick macro question So I understand about the target 1/2/3 for offense in arena. Can hunters (or anyone for that matter) do it for teammates as well? like /target teammate 1 (cast roar of sac) /target teamate 2 etc? or do I have to actually put their names /target lyen /cast roar /targetlasttargetLyen0 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Wild Hunt and Shark Attack >>>For your ferocity pets, be sure to spec into 2 points of Wild Hunt instead of 2 points of Shark Attack. Quoted from another thread. I've always just split these 1 in each of wild hunt and shark attack - is there a better way?Notho6 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Having trouble deciding Please help! So I just got the 4 piece bonus (everything minus the shoulders) I also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=71987 (Rendered Earth Leggings) and http://www.wowhead.com/item=77162 (Arrowflick Gauntlets) Is the 4 piece bonus worth it, or should I put those two pieces back on? On Maxdps it shows both of those as having like 200dps more, so I guess is the 4 piece bonus worth 400dps? Thanks guysSpoolie3 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 BM PvE help Ive been serious about raiding as BM for a bit and i do roughly 28-33k on fights (excluding warlord and madness cuz of dps bonuses) as my gear is. i have no idea if my reforges are even correct. anyone know the stat priorities for BM? the mastery makes sense and seems great but is it actually above crit/haste?Örcgasm4 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Hunter closing in on 85 - PvP Advice Hey guys, my hunter and my shaman friend are closing in on 85 and im just after some answers to a few questions. As gearing up in honor gears is my first priority, i am wondering as to which spec, BM or MM, would be better in a standard bg, assuming i have a pocket healer. I know bm is very bursty and MM is capable of more cc and utility, but seeing as i will have a shaman healer to pocket heal me, is the switch to bm for some extra burst worth the change and loss of utility? Personal opinions anyone? Thanks heaps in advance =)Smudj13 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 looking for pvp advice so im starting want to get the pvp set before the end of this expansion.... helm - 2200 chest - 2200 waist - 1650 feet 1650 wrist 1650 rings 1250 x 2 trinket 1650 x 2 back 1250 shoulder 1650 legs 2200 hands 1650 think im missing a piece but whats the easiet way to get the like 18 k conquest points.... just constant running bgs for the 50 per win ? till you cap for the week ?Oter3 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Survival DPS - How to Improve It? I switched from MM to Surv maybe 2 weeks ago and I found that I had a greater dps output and it was more challenging than Steady Shot spamming. My Ilevel is 386 and I've got top Enchants (not all the top gems yet, gotta get into DS and Firelands) and VP gear but I find myself sitting in the 20-21k range without bursts. With Bursts I get up to about 24k. Any tips on how to improve? I'll strangle someone if someone snaps at me in LFR one more time.Tÿrande6 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 A tiny request in MoP-- devilsaur Dear bliz, can u plssss make it grow bigger when attacking something, just like in BC. Now it just too small, same size as other raptors....Neoravenloft1 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Concussive Shot Glyph I have a question, does anybody else think that the loss of the concussive shot glyph is going to be a major blow to our mobility? I feel like with more classes getting sprints we are going to come up a but sort when it comes to mobility. Am I just being paranoid or what?Kaliyeh17 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Kiril question This idea struck me when I finally got Kiril, Fury of Beasts last night. Since the item does indeed have an internal cooldown, would it be optimal to switch out this weapon for a different weapon with actual minor stats, such as Spire of Coagulated Globules right after the stacking agility buff drops? Then once the internal cooldown has finished, re-equip Kiril until it procs, and repeat. This is just an idea, but would this work? Or does the internal cooldown work similarly to trinkets in the sense that you can not activate them for 30 seconds after equipping?Schwenk6 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Glaive Toss vs. Powershot vs. Barrage for PvE I'll jump right in, and quote from a thread a saw. ... Taken from Beta (and I will back this up as soon as I hit 90) I wanted to start this thread for 2 reasons. 1) Obviously, which would you take, since they all seem nice. 2) Give in depth detail about each, and which might lead to more of a DPS gain. Let's start, shall we? Glaive Toss. 25k damage, 15 second CD, 20 focus. Sounds like an improved Arcane Shot from a Pve stand point since we won't need the snare. If focus regen would allow it, we could possibly macro Arcane Shot and Glaive Toss together to make for a "double" Arcane Shot every 15 seconds, but this is unlikely. It'll probably be used on every CD when we aren't casting something (between Explosive shots in LnL, between Kill Commands and Arcane Shots, between Aimed Shot! and Steady/Arcane shots as a few examples.) Barrage. 82k damage while casting (can be used with Fox to allow movement) 16 "ticks" (can they crit? I'd think so but would love someone to confirm it.) 30 second CD, 40 Focus. More then likely used at the start of a boss fight, and on nearly every CD when available (Explosive Shot or Kill Command are on CD, no procs for Aimed Shot! as examples.) Powershot. 63k damage, 3 second cast time, 1 minute cooldown, 40 focus. More then likely going to be used like Barrage, start of the fight, every CD when nothing else is up, but you can't move while casting it.As it stands right now, Barrage is going to be better for end-game PvE, with or without the "ticks" critting, but GC has said that it's going to be "normalized". I think it should stay where it's at, but buff Powershot and Glaive Toss in a way so it's initial damage isn't more, but so that it's effect (in PvE) is more.... attractive. One thing they could do, is give Powershot a "Colossus Smash" effect. Increased damage from the hunter (or some other fancy wording) for 5-10 seconds. On a 1 minute CD, it's not that bad in PvP, and could open up for some really good burst in PvE. You could also give Glaive Toss increased damage done if the target is immune to snares. (Who snares a boss? Really?) What are your suggestions?Thibór7 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Aspect Changing is supposed to be fun? So in today's MMO Champion it's pointed out that hunters who are 'clever' enough to know about aspect changing macros are missing out on the thrill of aspect changing manually. Also, they say in cases like this they usually extend the GCD or make the shared GCD longer. Are we missing out on something here? Thoughts? I don't like the (maybe unintentionally) implied threat of someone breaking my macros. Just bake fox into steady/cobra already.Faderaven22 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Make the Goblin starting area accessible. There are color-changing raptors in the goblin starting area that NO ONE can access except goblin hunters. All the other starting areas are accessible, well except worgen. Other hunters should be allowed in there to tame these raptors. It isn't fair only goblins can have them. Bring on the lvl 90 elite guards, but make it so hunters can fly there and tame these plz. Ty.Skysapphire2 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 help with transmog I wanting to make my hunter either blue or red with like a fire looking bow... is there site where i can play around with transmog stuff or along that line?Oter1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Why is my hunter so damn sucky Hey guys, Just another thread asking what the issue at hand is - Crap DPS. Been off for a long time and only just started up the other day. Bought most of my items off the AH to get me up to speed. I'm pulling about no more than 16k dps no matter what I'm doing. Is it a hit rating issue or what am I facing? Priorities I use is - Kill Shot, Explosive, Black Arrow, Serpent, Cobra, Arcane.Strokeme14 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 A question from a non-hunter Not since 2006 anyway. But if tomorrow Blizzard comes out and says "Enjoy MoP Beast Masters, because in the expansion after, we're making it a melee class", how many of you would upset?Thundahstahm16 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Glaive Toss is a joke. I was SUPER excited about glaive toss. Am I the only one? But now, after seeing it, and seeing the numbers....it's horrid. There is no point in choosing it. The damage is so low. And I see no use for it. :c just.....disappointed. Really wanted to get to use it.Pinecóne28 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 BM PVP and Kill Command/Arcane shot I'm new to Hunter PVP so i'm still trying to figure out situational tactics. So far i'm doing really well in BGs as BM, especially keeping in mind that i have 0 heirlooms and a vast majority of my gear is from lower level quests. One thing that i'm still trying to figure out is usage of kill command vs arcane shot. I'm not a theory crafter so i don't know the actual numbers, but for some reason it looks to me that i should be using kill command on cooldown, as currently it does a crap ton of damage. The only time i'm using Arcane Shot is if kill command is on cool down. Am i doing this right? I read somewhere that kill command should only be used if out of range or when attempting to finish somebody off, and that the main go-to skill is arcane shot. And looking at Hunter PVP videos (albeit they were at endgame level), not many good players share my views :) So what would be the proper usage of kill command and arcane shot?Aquileyna15 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Question about MoP I was checking BM tree notice Stampede uses mana not focus is this a mistake? It has been that way for a couple of weeks now.Orkz1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Funny Hunter video An olde but a goodie. http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=191553Wavingdark2 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Just out of complete curiosity... Is there any other hunter who went from Alli>Horde>Alli?Scopez3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Just saw a hunter with..... A burning pet cat! This was on the beta so I dont know if its on live as well but there was a hunter and he had what looked like a black spotted tiger skin cat...but it was on fire from head to toe. Anyone know how to get this either on live or in beta?Timat0 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Weapons Sorry for this question, it's probably been asked a billion times before, but what exactly is the ranking of ranged weapons from Dragon Soul, from LFR/normal/heroic Vishanka's versus Horrifying Hornblasts?Marrus2 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Pet Problems During a run through the Lost City of the Tol'vir with my newly-tamed Pogeyan, I was shocked and dismayed to see my shiny new kitty sprinting around the corner to pull the first boss before we had finished clearing out the trash. We didn't wipe, and afterwards I apologized and pulled out a different pet to finish the run. I've had this happen once before, with a devilsaur that promptly went bye-bye, but I'd rather not toss a rare pet. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a way to stop it from happening again? Also, if anyone from that run happens to be reading this, thanks for being so cool about it. I was seriously expecting a torrent of abuse, or at best a stony silence. I wish I met more people like you in this game.Marizon0 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Help I cannot make my mind if I start a goblin or orc hunter.. Can u help me make my mind plz?Hôpefloats3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Clefthoof Anyone else get confused at the fact Rhinos are tameable in northrend, but a little BM hunter leveling up just got finished farming a few dozen clefthoofs that for all *intents and purposes* the same creature? I'm sure many of us find it fairly obvious that Hydras will be coming out soon with mists if not the next expansion and i just cant help but feel that this entire group of pseudo-rhinos will be left behind.Cryhavoc9 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Basilisks? Am I the only other person who when they see a basilisk, and know about the hunter class, wonders why we can't tame them? Ever since Vanilla, whenever I saw a basilisk, I always wondered: Why can't I tame them? They LOOK like a Hunter's pet. I was just wondering if anyone else ever wondered why Basilisks weren't tameable?Myzou3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Hydras? Will hunters ever get to have Hydras to tame? I know there use to be one from the Oracles daily, but I joined after they hot fixed it. They are considered crocks so why not let us have them? =/Himekò15 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Geting The Amani Bear Mount As A Pet this is my argument as to geting the amani bear mount as a hunter pet.if you all would remember the wolf mount in hellfire peninsula.why is it that they can be tamable but the amani bear cant?it doesnt make any sence.therefore i think that the amani bear mount should be added as a hunter petZagnut4 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 What Should I use my talent points on? Beast mastery, marksmanship, and survival which one is better?Moowack1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Had a good night last night! Don't usually do this kinda posting, but sometimes you just have to share. Went to BWL with some friends. Crossbow of Smiting, Shoulders, Head, Boots. Neato. On to Eye of Eternity. Yeah, the Azure Drake drops and I win it. We go on to Tempest Keep to down Kael'Thas and I beat my friends there so I decide to take my new ride for a spin around NetherStorm to try to find Nuramoc. I am the new proud owner of a purple Chimera. Yeah, it was a good night. Gonna make this last level very enjoyable.Ophëlia3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Hunter Legandary should be a Gun [Insert fancy name for gun here] Binds when picked up Unique Ranged Gun 17340 - 21014 Damage Speed 2.70 (6725.1 damage per second) +2105 Agility +2500 Stamina Red Socket Red Socket Red Socket Socket Bonus: +60 Agility Requires Level 90 Item Level 520 Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 900 Equip: Increases your hit rating by 700 Equip: When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Magic Bullet Effect, duplicating the harmful shot, Effecting up to three targets. "One bullet did all that?." Get on it Blizzard!Nerien71 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Op Hunter DPS So, while dpsing Archbishop Benedictius in Hour of Twillight, I happened to notice how much more dps a Hunter can do with worse gear than a Ret pally. This Hunter with an iLevel about 10pts lower than myself was able to pull over 35K dps!!! It made my 29K dps look like a joke. They then started to laugh at me and call me a noob player.Divinethis2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Iron Hawk, Spirit Bond, and Exhilaration Due to the nature and tuning of these talents, there exists a formulaic approach to determining which talent is the best talent on the tier. I intend to outline that approach in this post, and provide a few examples that suggest an obvious choice exists, under nearly all situations. To determine a winner between Iron Hawk and Spirit Bond, you need an approximation of incoming damage and your max health. The talents are perfectly balanced when 15% of your incoming damage equals 1% of your max health. The table provided below displays the amount of damage negated by Iron Hawk and the max health required to equate the talents based on incoming damage. Note that damage numbers are given in damage per second. Inc. DPS | Damage Reduction | Max. Health Required 10K 1.5 K 150K 15K 2.25K 225K 20K 3.0 K 300K 30K 4.5 K 450K As you can see, the amount of health required to keep the talents balanced grows at a rate of 150K health per 10K DPS. Therefore, to determine whether you should select Iron Hawk or Spirit Bond, you approximate your opponents DPS, multiple that number by 0.15, then take that result and multiply it by 100. If the final number is greater than your maximum health, Iron Hawk is the superior talent; otherwise, Spirit Bond is the superior talent. I posit, based on current figures, that Iron Hawk will always win this comparison. It is not unusual to see DPS in the 20K - 30K range, but health pools are nowhere near the 300K - 450K range, even for well geared tanks. This, of course, assumes 100% uptime on Iron Hawk. I intend to do a more in-depth comparison soon that treats percentage of time in Iron Hawk as a variable. My gut feeling is that this will bring the talents closer, but not cause Spirit Bond to pass Iron Hawk. Now, you are left with the comparison of Iron Hawk and Exhilaration. The new Exhilaration gives us a controlled, 30% heal on a 2 minute cooldown. This translates to 0.25% (one quarter of one percent) max HP per second. Without completely discounting the value of a large, on-demand heal, this figure feels incredibly weak compared to the sustained damage reduction or healing provided by Iron Hawk or Spirit Bond, respectively. Exhilaration gives you a decent "Oh !@#$!" button, while Iron Hawk and Spirit Bond reduce the likelihood that you will need an "Oh %^-*!" button. In most situations, Iron Hawk will be superior. The only situation that see Exhilaration or Spirit Bond pulling significantly ahead of Iron Hawk is when your pet is taking significant damage. The language in Iron Hawk indicates to me that only the Hunter receives the damage reduction, and the pet takes 100% of the normal incoming damage. Thus, if you are pet tanking or soloing, Spirit Bond will augment Mend Pet and your healer, while Exhilaration can be used to handle spiky mechanics that very nearly kill your pet. These are niche areas and it is quite unlikely that the general population will encounter these mechanics. Thus, I feel with the current tuning, Iron Hawk is far and away superior to the other talents on this tier. While my future modeling will reduce the value of Iron Hawk, I feel that Spirit Bond and Exhilaration need a buff in order to compete with Iron Hawk.Adarant15 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Which Two Pieces of PvP Gear should I swap? I know that for hunters, it is almost imperative in PvP to use the PvE 2set. My question is, which of my pieces should I swap out? I have cata pants so i'd assume not those. Just curious what everyone thought. Oh, also the only t13 I have is LFR stuff.Haassar1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Are hunters OP at low levels? Or is it because I don't use heirlooms and wear blue armor from dungeons?(Unless heirlooms are always better...) In dungeons, I am always top, me and tank usually compete for #1! I always beat other hunters unless they are a few higher levels then me. I easily kill anyone. I beat a level 49 rogue(with heirlooms) and 48 druid at level 41. I beat my friend, who is level 40 and me level 42, without a pet as MM. She was disc, I lost to her without a pet as BM, but when she went shadow I beat her as MM and BM. Are we OP? or does the blue armor really help? (or will heirlooms always be better?)Shootdownn28 Jun 26, 2012