Hunter

Sep 13 BM hunters path? So BM hunters which path did you take and way, or which is going to be best. It would seem Shock light and light speed ( only 63 traits ) should be best for stomp build, however raid bot and AMR are telling me shadow bid and murderous intent are simming higher but only by 1k.. Thoughts.. we only get to do this once..Redseal2 Sep 13
Sep 13 MM hunter secret ability Windrunning, the up to 25% speed buff, does not work on Argus or outside of the zones of the broken isles. Working as intended or in the line for repairs?Laphgan5 Sep 13
Sep 13 Fixing BM AoE We all know that BM has some AoE issues. There's been like a million threads complaining about the state of BM. Some I agree with, some I dont. What I am willing to offer is a possible solution in order to fix BM's AoE and bring it more inline with other classes, and I think its pretty simple. Have Beast Cleave spread Bestial Ferocity. Pretty simple right! You could always straight buff the damage done by beast cleave, but what fun is that? Bake it into a talent and make it a player choice and option. Either or would be pretty reasonable imo, and for sure not OP. Also, since we're on the subject... How about a tiny execute? Even something as small as Kill Command does 20% increased damage on characters below 35%, or BM does 10% increased damage for 10 sec after damaging a player below 20%. I've been saying that BM is fine, mostly because everyone and their mother is saying it's a dumper fire, which it isn't, but we really could use just a touch here and there to make it really good...Hendtard2 Sep 13
Sep 13 Make T19 2-Piece Baseline for BM Hunters Legion has had some weird problems with BM spec where we are too reliant on specific gear pieces to even perform at the same level as other specs. Take for example before 7.2.5, every BM hunter *required* the legendary shoulders to have two charges of dire beast/frenzy in order to be on par.. You guys fixed this in 7.2.5 making the dire beast/frenzy two charges baseline, and we rejoiced! It was a great change! I love it! However, now we have another problem where the T19 2-piece bonus is basically required in order to be on par with other specs. I have a 935 chest, and a 940 legs from TOS that I would LOVE to equip, but my 890 item level 2 piece bonus from Nighthold excels this gear lol. Which I don't think should be the case... I don't think we should have to rely on older raid content gear when the item level difference is so big. I can't equip a 935 chest piece because I have to use a lower item level piece (by 45 item levels lol) since the 2-piece is too strong and is required. You'll notice all BM hunters are still using the 2-piece set.. Maybe just increase dire beast damage baseline across the board, nerf the 2-piece set, and then we can start using all the TOS gear.Mabus25 Sep 13
Sep 13 Butchery Talent for Survival Hey all, real quick here, I've noticed that the talent icon for Butchery is two weapons being dual wielded, a cleaver and a spiked maul. Now I love the butchery spell, but i feel the icon isn't a good fit, and if one may ask for extra sprinkles...a special animation for butchery would be awesome and not just a look a like of a warrior's whirlwind spell, It does the same thing, but being that Fury of the eagle special animation is nothing to write home about..it would be a neat thing to seeLittlechee2 Sep 13
Sep 12 Stable Master at your garrison Hi is there anyway to add a stable master in your garrison?Sakajawea1 Sep 12
Sep 12 How to tame a Panthara It's simple, just follow these easy steps! *Step one: Farm Talbuks for their meat named "Fresh Talbuk Meat"(I think) *Step two: Go to the Panthara of your choice and FREEZE TRAP IT! *Step three: Go into feign death(You can't throw the meat in combat) *Step four: Throw the meat on the Panthara *QUICKLY*(still freeze trapped) *Step five: START TAMING! And now you should have yourself a pretty kitty that is the Panthara! Have fun taming, Hunters! <3Coya38 Sep 12
Sep 12 Invasions. Blizzard trolling BM Hunters? 3 Relics that drop from the Invasions are 930. Nice ilvl boost. But when you look at their traits. Meto's Orb of Entropy (Arcane) - Increase Dodge Chance Sotanathor's Thundering Hoof (Storm) - Increase healing of Aspect of the Turtle Spike of Immortal Command (Iron) - Increase Dodge Chance. This is a nice meme right here. 2 Dodge traits and 1 AotT trait.Sim17 Sep 12
Sep 12 Questions about rarepetstampede and pet buffs Hi, does pet in the first slot still need to be a normal pet and not a rare pet for Stampede to work? This was a thing last expansion and wondering if it's fixed now. I pretty much only use my echidna now and want to put a glyph of lesser proportions on it, but don't want to sabotage my stampede by moving it t ofirst position for the glyph... Also do pets still give the stat or other bonuses? I don't see the buff right now and don't know if it was there before and I just wasn't paying attention. I have an echidna that used to give tons of mastery. Hoping someone can update me on these two things. Thanks!Ischarde3 Sep 12
Sep 12 what spec to main for me? looking to make a new main. my old main was fire mage during EN then took a break and came back leveled my hunter but didn't do much i just geared it up for the time and now it's sitting. going to make a new hunter and probably delete my old one but i am wondering for someone that doesn't play much melee classes, won't be doing anything significant until the next expansion or next raid if there is one after the one on argus besides maybe random bg's and mythic+ for practice which spec should i roll? i enjoy ranged classes thus always main one. my old hunter was strictly BM and i loved it outside of most bg's. in bg's some maps annoyed me due to pet pathing. MM i tried and imo it feels extremely static when casting aimed shot but i was low level so idk if this changes with your artifact weapon or what not. I am open to every spec including SV. haven't played SV since WoD when it was ranged but did enjoy the ranged version. i am kind of looking for something new but at the same time something enjoyable to play. BM was fun imo but yea it's rotation was really easy to pick up as well.Lethidox0 Sep 12
Sep 12 How do I catch up? I played legion at Launch and was rather disenchanted with it at the time, I've decided to come back and play do a while as MM because it looks like a fun spec. Between power leveling and such what is the best way to catch up and be relevant for end game stuff in a few weeks time?Getgudd2 Sep 12
Sep 12 Thori'Dal Artifact Weapon? Random thought, why wasn't the Thori'Dal, the Stars Fury, one of the artifact weapons? It is a very well known bow. It even created it's own magical arrows. I would have liked to see that. Anyone else?Vidaar0 Sep 12
Sep 12 Transmog that matches Treble? Looking for a dark blue, dark grey and red transmog that'd match Treble: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=107951/treble Thanks in advance!Blease1 Sep 12
Sep 12 Suvival Talent not working? I tried using the enhanced trap talent in battlegrounds, but they don't seem to work. When I catch someone in freezing trap, damage still breaks it when it is not supposed to. The talent states that Freezing Trap will not break on damage for 6 seconds. Am I missing something?Strafeshot2 Sep 12
Sep 12 Transmog for MM Mage tower appearance? I've been struggling to find a good transmog to go along with the mage tower appearance. I've been using the Ruthless set w/o helm and shoulders but it just doesn't go well with it. Any ideas?Ekoh7 Sep 12
Sep 12 bm minor buff Unfortuanately other specs of some classes getting more or less. But bm getting 6% overall buff september 13th. Survival getting 5% buff. Mmo champion notesThuperduper20 Sep 12
Sep 12 Any Hunter Have Their Pet Shooting Fel? I was on my hunter in Argus and traveled to do a WQ. While traveling on my chopper it appeared my turtle ran thru Fel. From that point on,he was shooting Fel out of the top of his shell. Tried to dismiss and recall him,tried to stable him and take him back out,tried exiting the game,nothing fixes it. I wondered if any other hunters have had the same issue? And no he has no buffs or de-buffs on him. It is so distracting at this point, I even went to camp Terrorpene all over again.Nomgladious4 Sep 12
Sep 11 Mog opinion? What you guys Think? I'm still kinda new so I don't have tons of options but I like this combo lol still need a good gun mog thoughTheoutssider0 Sep 11
Sep 11 7.2.5 Comprehensive Marksmanship DPS guide: As many of you know, Marksmanship hunters received some major gains in damage output with the introduction of 7.2.5. Marksmanship is a very difficult spec to master in that the spec varies so much due to a wide array of factors including build, legendaries, and type of fight (in regard to how many targets). Since I’ve been asked by a few people to explain the way the spec works, on top of the fact that we now have so many raiding hunters, I’ve decided to write up this guide to attempt to cover all areas of the marksmanship spec; particularly areas that icy-veins doesn’t really touch on (plus I’m alone in the office and there is nothing for me to do). Where to begin…. I’ll start with what is called the meme build, my favorite marksmanship playstyle. Meme hunters are incredibly versatile…. we can dps while moving, we arguably have the strongest burst and sustained AoE in the game, and we can still manage to put out very decent single target (pending gear and rng.) Meme hunters typically have two playstles, (1) the original explosive shot build without T20 2 set, and (2) the T20 2 set style. What separates meme hunters from “regular” hunters is the choice to opt into piercing shot (extremely hard hitting, instant cast, automatically cleaving beast of a shot which benefits from the vulnerable debuff), and the prioritization of marked shot over aimed shot. The traditional meme build is my go to AoE spec, and like I mentioned earlier, is entirely dominant… and is easy to play “correctly.” With that said, mastering the meme build is actually not too easy, and depends so heavily on timing. The go to build would be Lone Wolf, Lock and Load, Posthaste, Explosive Shot, Binding Shot, Volley, and Piercing Shot. The key to mastering this build is maximizing proper use of explosive and piercing shot, as well as the hunter’s ability to line up trueshot with aoe or periods of increased damage output. Depending on gear, T19 2 set – legendary boots – and coF in particular, trueshot is on about a 1 minute cooldown, granting around 25-30% uptime if used efficiently (each saves around 30 seconds on TS cd per cycle). More times than not, you’ll want to use trueshot as it becomes available, but timing is very important to consider. If you know that there will be cleave incoming, or if you have piercing + explosive shot on cd, it would serve you best to hold trueshot for those periods of time. For example….using trueshot with ANY cleave is so powerful that I’d hold off on trueshot for around 30 seconds on gul’dan P2 to have it up for empowered eye cleave. Another example is if trueshot comes off CD while piercing shot and explosive shot have over 15 seconds on CD, I typically wait until both ES+PS have around 12 seconds remaining to get them off while trueshot is up. The reason I do this is because trueshot increases critical strike damage by 50%.....turning a 6.5 million piercing shot crit into a 10 million crit – 3 million explosive shot into a 4.5 million explosive shot. This is why we are absurd aoe…lining up trueshot with adds and piercing+explosive shot. Rotation: No T20 2 set. Initial opener with meme build is very straight forward. You’ll want to 1: Prepot at -3 seconds until pull, 2: Windburst (applying vulnerable) followed immediately with trushot, 3: Explosive shot (preferably from far away), 4: Piercing shot (hope to god it crits), 5: detonate explosive shot in close proximity to target. (The detonation is not on the global cd, so I typically watch it and smash my bind as it’s about 2 yards from target), 6: Rotate between arcane shot to apply hunters mark, and marked shot. Interrupt this sequence only if you get a lock and load proc (consume the 2 aimed shots right away), 7: Phase into regular rotation. Rotation: 2 Set T20. 2 set tier 20 grants 15% increased critical strike damage for 6 seconds from casting aimed shot consecutively. This changes things. 1: Prepot at -3 seconds until pull, 2: Windburst (applying vulnerable) followed immediately with trueshot, 3: Aimed shot x2, applying the 6 second damage buff (if lock + load procs, skip #s 4+5) 4: Arcane shot followed by marked shot (re-apply vulnerable) 5: Arcane shot x2 6: Piercing shot (should be able to get it in with less than .5 seconds left on 2 set buff) 7. Explosive shot from far away, re-apply vulnerable with a marked shot, 8. Detonate explosive shot, use x2 arcane shots, 9. 2 more consecutive aimed shots to regain the buff for last seconds of trueshot, 10. Finish CD cycle with the typical arcane/marked shot spam, stopping only for lock and load procs, 11. Phase into regular rotation. Notes: (1) If there are 2+ targets, replace arcane shot with multi-shot. (2) If there are 3+ targets, don’t do step 9 without lock and load. (3) If there are 3+ targets and you don’t have 2 set T20, lock and load no longer has priority over marked shot spam. Burst AoE: 1: Windburst, trueshot 2: Multishot, marked shot everything, 3: Launch Explosive shot, as it flies use piercing shot on furthest away target, detonate ES on the group, 4. Marked shot Spam. Note: This is what makes the difference between a pro MM hunter and an average MM hunter. Ability to switch to adds the split second they are engaged, and hitting all of them with marked shot, max focus piercing shot, and a close proximity explosive shot in a 2 second window. If timed perfectly, the explosive shot + piercing shot + optional legendary trinket, should hit the adds all at once - bursting upwards of 10 million dps. In regard to 2 set T20, it is situational as to whether or not you’ll get the 2 aimed shots in to activate the +15% critical strike damage. Let’s say that the adds will melt fast, don’t worry about it unless you get an early Lock and Load proc. If you know the adds are going to be up for a while, I’d recommend utilizing the 2 set buff as much as possible. I guess the rule of thumb would be to ask yourself if the adds will last longer than the 15 second duration of trueshot, if so, activate 2 set buff. Pro Tip with T20 2 set: if you anticipate adds coming, get off 2 aimed shots immediately before the spawn. (even if you don’t have vulnerable it’s worth it.) Regular Rotation: No T20 2 set Pretty straight forward. Maintain vulnerable debuff on target, consume focus using aimed shot, consume hunters mark procs as quick as possible, make sure to use piercing and explosive shot on cooldown (unless trueshot is coming soon), windburst on cooldown. Big thing to note is to avoid capping focus. The more focus you spend, the shorter the CD is on trueshot. With that said, lets say you consume a marked shot and you get off 2 arcane shots and then an aimed shot, vulnerable will fade after you get the 1 aimed shot in. That doesn’t mean that you should just spam arcane shot if you’re max focus… you’d be better off casting an aimed shot without the vulnerable debuff and then hit a few arcane shots until you can marked shot and repeat the cycle. Explosive shot is another option for when you don’t get a marked shot proc since it doesn’t benefit from vulnerable and can be used whenever. Regular rotation revolves around the vulnerable buff and your current focus level. If you get a hunters mark proc after you shoot off a marked shot, you can just repeat the process if you’re at low-mid focus. A lot of the time you will be spamming cycles of arcane/marked, arcane/marked, etc., but this changes with your focus level. To spend focus on aimed shots, you pretty much have 3 options with each cycle of vulnerable. More specifically, you have time to cast 3 things within the vulnerable duration each time you apply vulnerable using marked shot. Following marked shot, you can either do arcane shot 2x followed by 1 aimed shot, or arcane shot x1 followed by 2 aimed shots. Windburst applies vulnerable for about 2 seconds longer than marked shot does, granting you the ability to add 1 cast to both arcane or aimed shot (so you can cast either arcane shot x3/aimed x2 or arcane shot x2/aimed x3.) Utilizing windburst properly is an excellent way to stabilize focus if you’re starved, and provide a strong burst the next time you marked shot. For instance, say you’re at like 0 focus after windburst, you can arcane shot x4/aimed shot x1 and be left with like 90% focus by the time you hit your next marked shot, allowing you to get 2 aimed shots in during that vulnerable cycle. Keep in mind, you’ll be using explosive shot on CD (very low focus cost and not vulnerable dependent), as well as piercing shot. With piercing shot, I typically pool up the focus needed the previous vulnerable cycle, then use the piercing shot immediately following a marked shot. Since piercing shot will consume all of your focus, I typically just spam arcane shot until I get a marked shot proc to rebuild focus. Consuming lock and load procs take priority while vulnerable is up as well. Other than that, be prepared for adds when they’re due to come out, know how long your remaining CD on trueshot is at all times, and repeat the above instructions. Regular Rotation: T20 2 set Playing meme build with the 2 set actually makes meme marksmanship fairly difficult. You really need to watch your focus. Without 2 set, I mentioned that you’ll find yourself repeating arcane/marked, arcane/marked, etc., quite often, but placed more emphasis on what to do when you’re not doing that. The reality is, without 2 set T20, you’ll be spamming marked shot most of time (and this is not the best single target dps, by any means.) With the tier 20 2 set, the marked shot spam is waayyyyy less frequent, and is only optimal with the 2 set buff active (after casting 2 aimed shots consecutively). Your main objective with the 2 set is to get as many vulnerable cycles with 2 consecutive aimed shots as possible, 2 maximize the buff’s uptime. Since the buff is very short, marked shot spam works great because you’ll get in 2 arcane/marked cycles during the 6 second window, and rebuild focus while you spam marked shot. With that said, you’ll want to pool your focus to around 80-90 every cycle that you don’t use 2 aimed shots. Here’s how the sequence will work. (Starting from 80 focus): Marked Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot, deal any damage you can. There are 4 options to deal any damage you can. One would be to use explosive shot, followed by another marked shot, activating a new vulnerable cycle. Another would be marked shot spam if you get lucky on procs. Piercing shot is also an option, but for this, you’ll need to marked shot, and get off arcane shot x2 before shooting the piercing shot off. Another would be windburst followed by arcane shot spam, into a marked shot to enter a new cycle. What you chose depends on what you have lined up, but one thing for certain is that you will be focus drained. Since you will be focus drained, regardless of what you do during your 2 set buff, you’ll need to rebuild your focus during the next vulnerable cycle. More times than not, I’ll use a marked shot followed by arcane shot x4 so I can reactivate the x2 aimed shot buff the next cycle and repeat. This is maximal buff uptime, and this is what a pro hunter will aim for every time. Aimed shot x2 is 100 focus out of your total 130. This is why 2 set meme and marksmanship in general is difficult. If you don’t play it right, it’s very easy to waste the quick 15% crit damage buff with arcane shot spam. My rule of thumb is to get at least 1 powerful ability in (preferably 2+ of them) during the 2 set buff, each time. Keep in mind, lock and load makes the process much easier, and allows you to cast another 2 aimed shots, reactivating the buff. Gear/Situation Recommendations: Meme build marksmanship does not use 4 set T20 or 4 Set T19. The best thing you can do is sport the 2 set T20, 2 set T19, and 2 set Arcway/Cos all at once. You want at least 2 sets to be activated of the 3, T20 2 set being the strongest. As far as legendaries, boots are a must. Other than boots, cloak and belt are very strong, but my personal preference is the Burning Wish. I absolutely love KJ. It gives you so much additional damage via its massive stats, and the on use aoe orb’s damage is always a crit, which means T20 2 set and trueshot increase its damage exponentially (literally 2 million each target). This is the god aoe method, idc what anyone else says. Prior to ToS, belt was probably the best legendary. Now that 2 set T20 requires you to use aimed shot frequently, belt becomes weaker because you can’t pool up 20 stacks of the buff. It’s still very viable, but I’d prefer the trinket/neck any day. The bosses I’d use meme build on are… Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan, Mistress, Sisters, Desolate Host, and of course, 100% of mythic +. Any time there is substantial cleave or aoe, I’d go with this build. Aimed Shot Marksmanship: Pure Single Target (4 set T20+2 set T19) In regard to single target, marksmanship is disgusting with the right gear. The problem is that gear, rng, and mastery of rotation is sooo important to your success. It’s so easy to find yourself slipping if you mess up a single cycle of vulnerable, and legendary ring is required to consistently parse in the 95th + %. The optimal spec for T20 single target is as follows… Lone Wolf, Lock and Load(True Aim), Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Binding Shot, Murder of Crows, and Trick Shot. (If you have legendary ring, spec True Aim since you automatically receive lock and load). Like meme build, proper utilization of focus and vulnerable debuff = success, but in this build, it’ll break you if you can’t do it right. Meme build allows you to fail since you can always resort to marked shot spam, but with this build, you need to get your aimed shots in during vulnerable, and you need to keep the 2 set buff up as much as possible. If not, you just won’t compete, and you’re better off with meme build for single target. Another thing which makes this more difficult is that you need to get aimed shots in as close to the end of vulnerable as possible, due to the buff that patient sniper grants vulnerable as the debuff wears off. Opening Rotation: 1: Prepot into windburst, pop trushot. 2: Cast a murder of Crows, 3. Wait 1/3 to half a second (pending lust), 4. Aimed Shot x 3, 5. Arcane Shot, Marked Shot, 6. Arcane Shot x2 (3 with lust), 7. Aimed Shot x2 8. phase into regular rotation. Lock and Load changes this a bit, but it typically works out this way every time….2 cycles of vulnerable with aimed shot x2 while trueshot is up. This is because you don’t want to cast marked shot while vulnerable is up with patient sniper. You want to time your last aimed shot to land the damn millisecond vulnerable is about to fade away for massive aimed shots. Another thing to note about 2 set is that the set buff activates the second that you cast the second aimed shot, granting that aimed shot the 15% damage buff, so by properly conducting the rotation, you’ll benefit from the buff virtually every vulnerable cycle. Regular Rotation: Almost identical to 2 set meme build rotation minus the need for piercing shot/explosive shot. It’s all about getting as many vulnerable cycles as possible with 2 aimed shots. With that said, managing focus and have an instinctual understanding of vulnerable is key. You’ll typically rotate between a high focus vulnerable cycle by using marked shot or windburst followed by 1 arcane shot, and 2 aimed shots. Make sure that if you use marked shot, cast arcane shot then wait 1/3 of a second before casting the 2 aimed shot to maximize patient sniper buff. Next cycle you’ll build focus back up to repeat what you just did….. marked shot, arcane shot x4. This changes however, and you need to trust your instincts as to when the next lock and load is coming. For me, lock and load serves as a focus relief and a quick dps burst. With L&L you’ll use a marked shot, and get off at least 3 aimed shots during that vulnerable (you can get off 5 following a windburst). Again…it all comes down to getting back your trueshot as quick as possible, never capping focus (which is impossible if you’re doing single target build correctly), and maximizing vulnerable (avoiding to waste aimed shots when vulnerable isn’t up). Gear/Situation Recommendations: You’re going to want to pair the 4 set with an additional 2 set….either T19 or CoS/Arcway. I’ve seen high parsing hunters using both sets. As far as legendaries go, the gloves, boots, and ring are by far the strongest. Unfortunately for me, I use KJ’s at the moment to maintain 4 set and 2 set, since those are a must. Gloves/ring sims highest for pure single target, but boots and gloves or boots and ring is really good too. The legendaries also don’t really change up your playstyle or rotation, only difference is with the gloves, allowing you to cast and move. Bosses for this build are as follows: Goroth, Maiden, Fallen Avatar, Kil’Jaeden Conclusion: That’s pretty much all there is to marksmanship as it is right now. It takes time to master this build. By no means will you master it in a day… or a week… or even a month. It’s very damn instinctual, and you need to make judgement calls regarding your aimed shot timing all the time. It’s a lot to manage when you need to deal with moving and avoiding mechanics all the time in practice. With that said, don’t be discouraged. It’d make me so happy to see more of our hunters transition to marks as it eventually leaves the other two specs behind (unless some nerfs come out which I doubt because blizz loves marks).Booreck7 Sep 11
Sep 11 Cobra Shot ruined Beast Mastery for me. Just a simple question... why am I shooting snakes when everything else regarding Beast Mastery (Legion-wise) is lightning/engineering themed? I'm not Fargo Flintlocke. Nor do I think he condones shooting snakes. He's more into wee animals like... chipmunks. Squirrels. Things that don't hang out of your barrel like confetti that didn't shoot from a party favor.Junkshot22 Sep 11
Sep 11 Essence of Pure Spirit For BM hunters like me who have done (or are currently doing) Mimirion's quest "A New Invention" to change Hati's skin into a pet you own, is anyone else having extreme difficulty getting the Essence of Pure Spirit to drop from the Seabound Mystics in Highmountain? For those who have no context, there are four items to obtain to finish this quest; each item drops from a mob in a different zone of the Broken Isles. They are supposedly "uncommon" items, but they dropped for me in about 10-20 mins of farming each mob. However, the last mob that I need, the Seabound Mystics, hasn't dropped the item to finish the quest. Not only are Seabound Mystics on a phased spawn time (Meaning that they have a chance to spawn every hour, on the hour), making them incredibly hard to find without realm hopping, but this item, Essence of Pure Spirit, has made NO appearance to me. I realm-hopped last night and grinded for about an hour with no luck. This morning, I killed these mobs for about two hours with no luck. I've killed almost 200 Mystics with no drop, which seems absolutely absurd, but maybe its supposed to be challenging. I don't want to complain, but I feel like my time is being wasted; these mobs don't drop anything of value besides this quest item (Aside from the occasional silk, in which I will only get 1-3 pieces every 10 or so mobs), so I feel like I'm being useless in this quest. No skinning, no herbs nearby, not even rep for killing them. So my question is; to you BM hunters who have done (or are doing) this quest, what was the trick? Have you had better luck than I have? Or is this a bug and I need to submit a ticket?Feyrre64 Sep 11
Sep 11 What ever happened to Arcane shot with MM? I miss constantly running and conccussive with arcane shot as MM, why did they have to take away my favorite type of playstyle? I Know its been a long time that we havent had MM, but Im finding myself re-rolling other spec's and im realizing its because MM just isnt what I fell in love with 7 years ago....Mákjuice5 Sep 11
Sep 11 BM or MM I get great enjoyment from both specs , so this questions is based on stats more than the fun factor . Wondering what spec would best suit a M+ and world pvp /Being able to solo world bosses . Just wondering what spec might have solid AOE and decant-ish single target dps. Thanks :)Karmin6 Sep 11
Sep 11 Stampede Description The description for the level 100 talent (Stampede) for Beast Mastery hunters feels lacking compared to other talents. It does not tell us how much damage it does, when the damage is dealt, where the damage will be dealt or even what type of damage it does. I know that these things could be found out by going to a training dummy and testing it out but I think the description should be consistent with other talents. here is a Wowhead link for a reference to the ability http://www.wowhead.com/spell=201430/stampedeGrimaul4 Sep 11
Sep 11 Survival Mage Challenge tips? So I'm attempting to do this soon, and I just wanted to know any tips that Surv hunters who have completed it think would be useful.Badkoala8 Sep 11
Sep 11 BM trying to pick 2 Legos from the 5 I have Hi all, I'm a BM hunter, ilvl is about 921 and I'm trying to figure out which are the 2 best legendaries to have for playing. Right now, I raid ToS N/H, and do M+ dungeons regularly. I have the 4 piece Wildstalker set equipped, and I am using the Stomp/Beastial fury talents for my character. These are the legos that I have: Qa'pla, Eredun War Order boots The Apex Predator's Claw ring Call of the Wild bracers Roots of Shaladrassil pants The Mantle of Command shoulders I've been using the boots and ring unless I'm solo-ing something hard and sometimes switch to the pants. Any suggestions on the best 2 to use? Thank you for the advice, appreciate it!Mikkayla8 Sep 11
Sep 10 PvP MM Hunter Hello! I was wondering if anyone here may have any insight on 7.3 pvp as a MM hunter? I'm thinking broad: Random BGs, RBGs, Arena (2's and 3's), WPvP Are we viable? Is there a guide anyone knows about that i may be able to follow or read up on? Are there any content creators or streamers who main MM hunter? both PvE or PvP? I'm trying to find a class that i love, and i think that MM may be the one, especially since i am no longer forced to use a pet. I'm not a big fan of pets tbh. Thank you in advance!Khorrem6 Sep 10
Sep 10 Hunter fantasy "Well Ion, we need to figure out what to do about hunter fantasy in Legion ". "Well, they got a nickname "huntard almost day one when we created them". "PERFECT!!!"Emfhthis17 Sep 10
Sep 10 Can Eternal Guardian etc work on self? Hi, If I get a pet with eternal guardian, gift of chi-ji, or the dust something that resurrects a target, can I target myself and hit the pet ability to resurrect myself? (Assuming I didn't die a second after my pet died and before I could res it.)Ischarde1 Sep 10
Sep 10 Essential raiding addons, gear, and rotation. Looking to up my end game. Have some specific questions I hope you can help with. :) What addons do you find help the most for end game? How are you managing / understanding your best in slot gear on a per fight basis? How does your rotation change with the different legendary slots? This is where I'm the most confused. I just got the warbelt so really want to know I'm using it right. Thanks in advanced!Wyspers10 Sep 10
Sep 10 How to get that cute Puppy Pet I have seen a few Hunters running around with a really cute puppy pet. It has really big eyes and looks like its smiling. Can anyone please tell me how to get it? ThanksSniperskudz3 Sep 10
Sep 10 MM Tame Argus Pets? Stupid question from new-to-MM hunter. Can we tame Argus pets? I know the Panthera need special food but not sure about the others. Every one I have tried to tame, I only get a few seconds of the spell before it just stops. Spamming it doesn't produce results other than looking completely stupid. Is that the spec preventing tames? Is it the presence of a BG?Punchinjudy12 Sep 10
Sep 10 Hunter (BM) dps Alright so I'm still fairly new to the game and it's mechanics. I feel like I've come a long way with a 870 ilvl currently and my artifacts weapon at lvl 56 yet I only do around 220k dps What stats should I be investing more into? Also any other suggestions and/or advice is more than welcome. ThanksTheoutssider5 Sep 10
Sep 10 Returning hunter and spec Just curious, wondering which spec I should go. Haven't played in a minute, what Hunter spec is trash vs good for single target dps, pve.Guttersnipe2 Sep 10
Sep 10 A new invention? So i just got my hunter to 110 and i have hit a snag with this quest. It wants me to collect something from the swamps in Highmountain but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is i'm supposed to be killing/looting to get said item.Zunde3 Sep 10
Sep 10 BM sound changes? Hey guys. Has anyone else noticed that Kill Command/Dire Frenzy no longer make your character growl/yell? I enjoyed this aspect of BM. If so, I'm really disappointed. They should have made a means to toggle this on/off.Enkiadu2 Sep 10
Sep 10 Be alert, Huntmaster. "Be alert, Huntmaster. We do not know what dangers lurk nearby." "Be alert, Huntmaster. We do not know what dangers lurk nearby." "Be alert, Huntmaster. We do not know what dangers lurk nearby." "Run if you dare, though you will not get far!" "Run if you dare, though you will not get far!" "There could be no other way. " "This is the fate you deserve." "This is the fate you deserve." "This is the fate you deserve." I GET IT ITS DANGEROUS.Yappy5 Sep 10
Sep 10 Pet Bar Disappearing? Anyone else had their pet bar disappear on them? Playing MM spec but low ilvl and went off lone wolf while trying to see if I could cope doing Argus and tamed one of those new green fel marsuuls .. all was going fine but then I had to feign at one part and went to put my pet on passive so he could come closer to me to feign him also but noticed that my pet bar was gone. I had to dismiss my pet and re-summon to get the pet bar back.Ðemonseed2 Sep 10
Sep 9 Really Blizzard? I'm tired of the recycling of old their, I'm tired of hunter tier looking like absolute !@#$, I love the visual aspects of the game, and this lazy half %^- tier you keep producing is just sad especially the hunter tier you wipe off your *!@ and slap on the computer is just pathetic, players are taking on the legion and you toss out this sloppy "I just pick up some matching greens and called it tier 21" crap, so disappointedXariun4 Sep 9
Sep 9 Crucible BM How do we think the crucible is gonna help BM? I mean yeah the weapon scaling might suck but having 3 jaws of thunder with 3 leader of the pack could be a significant dps boost?Mike17 Sep 9
Sep 9 Calling all stylish hunters So i am am the worst when it comes to moging i don't know what i am doing, so i need someone to make me a mog based on the bm mage tower weapon the base color please help a man who is fashionaly challenged.Zanmojo3 Sep 9
Sep 9 Aspect of the beast - Why not stack? Just a "weak" version of a warrior's bleed/deep wounds. Why not make it stack like deep wounds? It could be a much better talent that way, right now bleed damage is just useless on quick "lucky" procs.Galarus11 Sep 9
Sep 9 Flying pets Okay.. am I the only one who really thinks pets that fly, like gryphons, wyverns and wolfhawks should be able to fly next to the hunter while we are flying? I would love to see them next to me while I am flying around the Broken Isles and elsewhereChaato3 Sep 9
Sep 9 Hunter Collective: Legion and Beyond As seen in my thread here - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758807131?page=3 I want to start a generalized hunter thread for any and all issues related to the class as a whole, This includes: PVP, Pet pathing, Marksmanship, Beastmastery, Survival, rotation issues, anything ( Be constructive and as detailed as you can ) I cannot offer much input into the other specs as I main Beast Mastery so I will do my best to give my input from a heroic/mythic raider standpoint. So I am seeking as much player input as I can get Beast Mastery in Legion What worked: For all the complaints about Hati, Pet Pathing, and Pet AI the concepts of two pets is extremely neat and I hope going forward they look to improve on this idea but allow more control if other issues are worked out. From a stand point in the heroic setting Beast Mastery is okay, its a bit on the lower end but it does okay, it doesn't suffer until the player reaches mythic where issues really start to occur. the idea of two charge dire beast, or Dire frenzy is also a great concept but having it rely on RNG for procs made it suffer and ultimately took any enjoyment out of it. What did not work: I could go and list everything but for a detailed list my thread ( Listed above )in class development has a detailed explanation I will just give a summation. Pet AI, and pathing unfortunately still suffer again and with the introduction of hati a pet which we cannot control we run into more issues especially when our secondary pet is still slower then the main pet. we have a downtime of 30 seconds if hati dies for what ever the reason may be punishing DPS drastically, our toolkit was gutted aspect of the cheetah, Deterence reworked into turtle, Stampedes new variant relies heavily on positioning. and everything is heavy focus cost with either a lot of recovery or next to nothing thanks to the zoo build and the still massive dependence on tier 19 two piece. TLDR - I cannot copy and paste verbatim from my thread in class development but, with the changes BM has received and will receive again where does that leave us? our pets have no benefits, the high mobility argument low dps argument is a logical fallacy, right now playing BM about 80% of the damage out put comes from pets and not the player and this needs to change. I am collecting feedback in all forms for the class as a whole ( PVP please bonus points for pvp, and the other two specs) When posting try to list your background I.E PVP or PVE ( Raider Mythic,heroic...etc.) Thank you folks for the input!Manales2 Sep 9
Sep 8 What's the best class for farming and raids? I'm sick of being poor in WoW lmao. I need someone's help on which class is the best class for farming and running old raids. Somethings with really good AOE.. I like a lot of the casting and magic classes. So any suggestions? Also could someone please tell me the best way to make money in wow? I know cata raids give a good amount, but any other suggestions?Glistening12 Sep 8
Sep 8 Skoll tamed title says it. tamed at 1:26 PM EST on Arthas in case any hunters are looking for itKrellern2 Sep 8
Sep 8 @Ornyx DISCLAIMER: I am not calling a CM out to harass them or any dev out to harass them, I am trying to question their statement on "we see the forums and read it every day." So you claim you as a CM are reading the forums so what do you have to say for the hunters who have been going tooth and nail since beta for some fixes for their class. A plethora of threads are made daily asking for input, change, QoL changes, anything and everything to salvage this class and as you claim its read but with no acknowledgement we are left in the dark just to be further frustrated as other classes are brought up and given drastic improvements. So my question to you Ornyx or any CM or even dev is why make this claim if you cannot even provide the answers or acknowledgement to hunters that they are so desperately seeking. having Lore tell essentially all beast masters we are on the back burner is not okay, we will fall further behind because of poor design because of scaling, and the other two specs will continue to pull ahead.Manales9 Sep 8
Sep 8 This is just sad But hunters are fine. Yes that's 3% hunter in 3's above 1800. Ele officially overtook us https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758965788Emfhthis2 Sep 8
Sep 8 Why the survival hate? I keep reading on these forums about how great survival used to be blah blah blah. I wonder how many of you actually played for a reasonable amount of time? I remember survival always be the black sheep class. With blizzard always trying to make changes and fixes to try and give it an identity. People barely played survival till The best version from my memory was mists of pandaria survival. Everything worked smoothly it was a very enjoyable spec to play. But it also lacked a true identity. I remembered thinking when playing it this should be mm's rotation and feel. I always thought since that moment hunter should just be 2 specs. I don't think mm has ever not been clunky. I think they axed the wrong spec. Just my 2 cents on the subject. I enjoy new survival, I enjoyed the previous iteration of survival. But please stop acting like survival was never the black sheep spec.Mossymoon77 Sep 8
Sep 8 BM Hunter Help? Hi guys, I'm just an old player turned noob again because I took 5 years off, and while I've been pretty much in the swing of things these past 4 or 5 months back, I could use some help making the most of my BM hunters dps. I don't raid, just mythic farming with randoms and while I haven't had too many problems I feel like my dps is lacking for my ilvl and it causes a rift in PUGs sometimes. My DPS can hit as high as 1.5mil on single target but not prolonged. Otherwise my dps seems rather inconsistent, bouncing down to as low as 600k. My ilvl is 921. Would love to speak to a patient and more experienced player about how to, well, git gud.Bitsy3 Sep 8